Lady Gaga's 'Judas' video: What's the verdict?
May 6th, 2011

Lady Gaga's 'Judas' video: What's the verdict?

Considering the roads Lady Gaga’s music videos have led us down before, it's understandable if you were bracing for something outlandish for "Judas." Especially since there was controversy before it even debuted yesterday.

The 25-year-old stars in a biker version of Judas’ betrayal of Jesus as a lipstick gun-wielding Mary Magdalene of sorts, but E! seems to be on to something when they describe the video as more traditional than ones past. (Call us jaded if you must.)

Of course, there’s religious imagery a-plenty, and Gaga explained to MTV that “This video has not meant to be an attack on religion,” she says of the content. “I respect and love everyone’s beliefs. I’m a religious and spiritual person who’s obsessed with religious art. I’m obsessed with it.”

So are critics obsessed with her video?

Entertainment Weekly’s “kneejerk reaction” was negative, at first thinking that perhaps it was her “weakest video to date.” But after examining the video a bit more – and realizing that Laurieann Gibson’s choreography may be to blame – EW finds it ultimately “refreshing” that she opted to give “such a personal perspective on her faith.”

Vulture, meanwhile, felt “Judas” didn’t quite live up to the drama surrounding it. “[D]espite the crowns of thorns, biker gangs, impressive eyeliner, and religious symbolism, this feels less ‘eventful’ than videos past,” Vulture notes, adding that we’ve seen Gaga play with religious themes before.

Agrees the New York Post, “While there is undeniable religious iconography throughout the Bethlehem biker babe video…[‘Judas’] barely registers a blip on the Blasphemy-O-Meter.”

U.K. paper The Guardian was similarly underwhelmed, saying that the music video is “Fairly sedate, all things considered.” But, The Guardian adds, it’s almost better that way: “the fact that Judas isn't particularly 'controversial' and doesn't get weighed down by its own importance means that it's actually much more enjoyable as a music video.”

Have you seen it? What did you think?

Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Music

1. the best pc games,top rated pc games,pc game controllers,cheap pc games,video game console sales,video game controllers

I have learn some good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you set to make this sort of great informative web site.

September 1, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. B

I seriously LOVE this video and LOVE LOVE LOVE this song! I love how she speaks in metaphors and symbolism. And it is absolutely true on how, no matter how much a guy can be good to you and love you, you'll still choose the bad boy betrayer! And she speak's and compares through the biggest betrayer, Judas and the biggest saint, Jesus! I LOVE it. Call me crazy but i think this song is deep and hits something deep in me! Bravo gaga

July 25, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. imnotkidding

Another no-talent waste of life idiot being promoted by the media. She should not be given one more moment of air time or one word of publicity ever. The media makes millionaires out of these no talent dregs of society, and nobody sees anything wrong with this. Society continues to be lead around like sheep by the promoters and the media. Anyone who thinks she has talent, and is a viable performer needs to have their head examined and needs to re-evaluate their priorities and their judgment.

May 23, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. No just no

This is as terrible song. How can people call this music? Don't get me wrong Lady Gaga has a good voice, but she uses it in a way that makes her a disgrace towards music. Anyone with a talented ear could tell you that she could be amazing singing anything else. Why she chooses to sing this I don't know, but I wish she would change genres.

May 15, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. zijjy

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsusjrTBo9g&w=560&h=349]

May 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. o.O

First of all Lady Gaga and Madonna are friends and if Lady Gaga is taking inspiration from her then it's simply an homage to the Queen of Pop. I'm curious to find out who started this imaginary battle. If you all believe that Lady Gaga is "copying" Madonna then lets talk about how it would be accurate to say Madonna "copied" Marilyn Monroe. A number of you are missing the point of this forum. We aren't here to bash an artist for the hell of it. And who made any of you a spokesperson for Madonna? I love both Lady Gaga and Madonna and I support both their careers. Judas is a catchy song and the video is visually stunning. How about you internet bullies out there try your hand at becoming famous, making an album and performing live. It's fine to have an opinion but don't be an ass.

May 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mark

I thought it was a lot of fun. The costumes were great, and the foot washing scene was AMAZING.

The lipstick gun was hilariously goofy. I am enjoying the "Born This Way" era immensely.

May 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. B.D.Kuchera

This no talent hack rip-off of the worst try of madonna is a true sign of someone that needs to just stop and maybe get a job in sanitation. I only wish that the media technicians that surround her weren't so desperate for cash that they have to undermine their great talents for a paycheck from a bozo.

May 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. @N

she really is awful!!!the song judas sucked & made catholics very mad!!!

May 9, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SKY

FACT: THIS IS A SONG FOR THE DEVIL , AND HIS CHILDREN.
    I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU PEOPLE THIS FOR OVER A YEAR !
    IT'S NO JOKE....THEY HATE ALL TRUE CHRISTIANS...

May 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Blogmudgeon

Ho hum. Great play of monochrome and color staturation in this video–very reminiscent of 80s through mid-90s music videos. Otherwise, Ga Ga is becoming Deja Vu. Each of her new 'releases' mimic the same predictable choreography, and a spun version of the same melodies and techno beat found in previous videos. Does anyone besides myself find an awkward similarity in the music of this 'new' song and Poker Face or Bad Romance? Also, I am beginning to wonder if a little more than 5 or 6 lines of verse could be used in one of her compositions. Listening to her talk, this may not be the case. At first a novel and charismatic performer–drifting along to mediocre shock value. But hey, this is America! We can put any rubbish in an attractive box, market it, and the sheeple eat it up...

May 9, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. GAGA FOR GAGA

I really wish people would stop saying that she is trying to be like Madonna. Madonna is Madonna and Lady G is her own character, hense Fame Monster. That excuse is so played out and we are not in the 3rd grade. Grow UP!! If you are not a fan then just don't watch her. Obviously, there is something about her that you do like, but you don't want to admit that you are a monster!!

May 9, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Humberto Rocha

I'm in my 4o's and growing up with Madonna I can see the resemble, I do like some of her music but honestly Madonna has done it all before the door(s) was opened for the like's of Gaga, Britney Spears, and many more, just watch Madonna's videos express yourself, vogue, human nature, frozen, ray of light, give it 2 me, secrets, celebration the list goes on and on....lady Gaga is just an imitation of Madonna

May 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Camille

Her BEST video is TELEPHONE !!!!After that the hype is ALWAYS to much

May 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chris catalano

I like the mix of field recordings in the middle, but it seems that section is a bit of a rush job. Great recording. Robotic, like all her stuff...but this song is a good dance pop song, hooky, ridiculously silly religious symbolism in the lyrics. I like the detached quality of her voice, as it works in this. Nice drum sounds/programming. The earth does not move, but the dance floor will...

May 9, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  16. Fanofthe Haus

I like it.

May 9, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  17. michaelfury

May 9, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  18. Ann

It's a terrible video, and an even worse song. The religious tones shouldn't have people angry – they should be angry that such rotten music gets made and popularized. All Gaga does is carry the same sound from one song to the next for attention.

May 9, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  19. ??

What does this have to do with religion. It's just a video. I know she'll make a cheap effort to explain it. But in the end it's just entertainment. Next we'll be getting relationship advice from justin beiber. Baby baby noooooo!

May 9, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  20. pedro barraza

Very very wrong what can we expect from her she s a nuisance please remove this video

May 9, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  21. Name*Born That Way

It's just entertainment challeging intelligents. Your correct Modonna did it. It didn't mean anything then and it means nothing now. If you really want to discuss religion, go to church. This is lady gaga, not pastor or rabbi gaga. You all crack me up. Trying to find the meaning of life through the entertainment industry. The beetles singing about lsd or trump pretending he's running for pesident

May 9, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  22. Name*Born That Way

C'mon, all lady gaga does is perform the music via video. I'm sure she doesn't write the lyrics, or create the videos and coustmes. She may have at first. But, there is no way, she can be that creative. Example: when asked why she worn a meat dress, she said it was to bring gay rights into focus or something else. Now what does flank steak have to do with gay rights? She would've been better off saying it was to support PETA. But I believe the question came yoo quick for her.

May 9, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  23. Fed up

I'm sick of all this Gaga is breaking records, blah blah blah, the only reason she is breaking anything is social media. I hate to jump on the comparison wagon, but if there were sites like Google, Twitter, Facebook back in the 80s, Gaga would be just another rip off footnote standing on the shoulders of the people who did it first. Pop music is not original anymore. Been a long time.

May 9, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  24. Meh

I heard this song playing in the background and swore it was madonna. Not even trying to be sarcstic...

May 9, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. JutDanceIne

are you people retarded? its not attacking Christianity! GaGa is a christian! its about her boyfriend betraying her but she still wants him. Also the video is very good so be nice!

May 9, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  26. My 3 cents

Catchy song, not so catchy video.

Personally, I think the age of the music video is gone...It stopped when MTV starting showing more reality TV and less music TV.

May 9, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. No monsters allowed

@sapa: you are mistaking shock and plagarism for talent. I laugh when I read posts from you stupid little monsters. You have fallen for her tricks and proved that you are easily led astray by crap.

May 9, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  28. Whoevencares

So.. Ok if Madonna was not the first one to make a video/song about religion than someone else was. Either way lady gaga is unoriginal and terrible.
    I'm certain that there are bigger issues to be concerned with in this country/world instead of this drag queen *oops* I mean artist. You people are what is wrong with this country. She sucks. Move on. Bigger things are happening. People are starving, we are in a war, the economy sucks. Focus your energy into making those things better.

May 9, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. julian

Verdict – she's going to Hell

May 9, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  30. Rick Bangkokr

When can we pull the plug on so called pop stars making "statements" with their so called music? If she is speaking to the youth we are in big trouble. If she is speaking for the youth we are in even bigger trouble. Is she really Marilyn Manson in drag at this point or maybe Alice Cooper. It's been done.

May 9, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  31. No Life Loser

I have some tin foil helmets they can borrow.

May 9, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  32. Dee Heezy

Well considering I think Jeezy Crisco is a fraud then I love the video. Two thumbs up until religion actually brings peace and sanity to this planet. Gaga must have read some of my previous posts. I want my royalty checks!

May 9, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  33. Jen B

Gotta say this is the first Lady Gaga song I didn't like, not for religious reasons, but simply because it looks and sounds like a complete mess.

May 9, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  34. Dr. Gary

Many famous celebs are obsessed with Jesus.

May 8, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. sapa

i love gaga – how can you say she has no talent? she can sing live with out autotune – she may not be the strongest singer but she can sing – she can dance and write songs – she also plays the piano which in itself is an impressive talent.
    madonna has ripped off other people – every artist borrows, samples etc etc – lady gaga is for this generation and she also opens the music of madonna up for those younger generations to discover.
    why hate on someone? she donates to charity and genuinely cares about her fans
    most of all she is passionate! she puts effort into everything she does to make it the best it can possibly be – how about britney or rihanna?? Ke$ha and nicki minaj? thats not talent thats having someone tell you what to wear and what to sing.
    why dont you people get a life and live your own life and when you have a talent then you can judge others.

May 8, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. joesal

I just watched the video for "Judas" by Lady Gaga, and I feel very confused. It might be the vodka gimlet that I had with it, but I don't think so... Gaga lost me on this one.

May 8, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  37. @N

ey gaga please feed the great white sharks.all you have to do is jump in and cut yourself.

May 8, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Ray Ray

Her response to the criticism was that she "loves" all beliefs. What does that even mean? The celebrities who use religious imagery seem to know the least about religion. Being "spiritual" is not the same as being religious. It's a way for people who don't want the responsibility of living up to specific religious standards to appear as if they are deep, thoughtful people. The use of religious symbolism is a lazy way to seem "provocative". She knows people are sensitive regarding their religious beliefs & that a video like this will incite people regardless of whether she's being overtly offensive. She's a phony, idiotic excuse for an artist. Not to mention completely derivative of Madonna.

May 8, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. stp123

The song is boring. The video is boring too.

May 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  40. No monsters allowed

trash. boring. madonna copycat. weird he/she crap

May 8, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Metal Warrior

Lady GaGa is not truly original. She is a mix of Cher, Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Marylin Manson. She is the new young controversial pop talent of this generation. She can sing and dance good. She has talent and ability. Most people focus on her controversial image. She supports gay people. That is her core fan-base. I just watched her HBO concert special. I don't agree with her viewpoints on gays and Christianity, but she did put on a good show. I am not a fan, I like progressive heavy metal ( Symphony X ), but I can appreciate performance art on different levels. People should stop bashing her. You either like what she does, or you do not. If you don't like her music, don't listen to it. No reason to say mean and disrespectful things about her. I feel sorry for her. I hope she wakes up and realizes one day what the Bible is really all about. Only then will she truly discover "who" and "what" she is.

May 8, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Y.J.

Listen to Real Music. Try Lecrae.

May 8, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Lardbucket

Let me see, how's about...it stinks.

May 8, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Kevin

Gone in two years....

May 8, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Orestes

Just when you think Pop Culture can't get worse, she still takes it further....
    Not sure if it's in a good way.
    It's amazing that such culture gets so much attention, when there are such amazing 'Real' musicians out there, who don't need all that EGO to express themselves. Just share their talent it's been given.

May 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  46. wendy

I am a christain and I feel some of her music and videos are way to racy and when she sing sings songs like this she doesnt even seem like she is a very good singer.She is copying Madonna and I feel the same about her.

May 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  47. rick hardman

LOVE GAGA! Watched gaga on hbo FANTASTIC! Loved her piano solos Judas will be her next Grammy
    Waiting for her to come back to L.A. I guess all the madonna wannabes missed her in P.B. where
    Madonna needs some grooming lessons!

May 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  48. sl()ts

I'm satanic and very unappreciated by this poo!

May 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Carlos

Yet another pointless video from our beloved little monster Gaga.

May 8, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. B lo me

Lady GaGa is a hot chick.I would dump Sunshine Girl anytime just for her!!

May 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Peace

Lady GaGa is rich!!I love rich women.Who cares if he is a man dressed like a woman?She can slam me in da poop shute!!

May 8, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. dan

lady gaga is a no talent loser. i hope she gets hit by a bus.

May 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. huh

Intentionally going over the top and trying to be weird and different is not talent. She is recycling what has been done before like artists before her and future artists will do. I am not a fan but have seen enough of her to state that it seems like she is getting tired of her own act. It's unfortunate that she is actually considered to be a role model by some people.

May 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Adnapevol

Praise GODGA!

May 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Little Monster

Everyone Wants Gaga to fail, but it won't happen. "I cannot be destroyed, I will not be destroyed. And the kingdom which is my fans will NOT be destroyed" – Lady Gaga. Go watch the special on Lady Gaga in MSG on HBO, who ever says she doesn't have talent. Think twice, maybe even three times. She will NOT be destroyed, as long as she has one fan she's still someone to somebody. I swear I will stay a little monster FOREVER. And she will not be destroyed. Because that one fan, will always be me! Xo

May 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  56. John Smith

Lady Gaga is for all those let's get married types, who missed the great Madonna years.

May 8, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  57. framous

It's a show, it's entertainment, it's fiction, it's Hollywood, it's the music biz. If you don't like her music, don't listen to it. If you don't like Gaga's opinions and perspectives, don't buy them, listen to them or watch them via video.

What's entertaining for sure is that anyone would take seriously, ANY music video. They are what they were designed to be: advertisements to sell the brand through albums, concerts and merchandise.

Adults, please talk to your children more. They will fill you in on what all this nonsense is about. Otherwise, Go GAGA!

May 8, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jeff

Listen, freedom of expression is what makes this country the beautiful country that it is. That being said, Lady Gaga is a no talent ass clown. Plain and simple.

May 8, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Edweird

I'm so sick of hearing everyone compare Lady GaGa to Madonna. This story is so tired and she is not a "Madonna 2.0". They're both different in their own ways and are both amazing. Just leave it alone already! It isn't like your negative opinions matter anyway. Lady GaGa will at least tour tiredlessly and go to as many cities as possible, whereas Madonna will only tour to certain cities and charge a ton more for the show. Personally, I prefer Lady GaGa over Madonna...at least she's doing something right now. Where's Madonna and what is she doing now?

May 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clayton

Madonna has been directing a movie, and had just put out a 2CD compilation with a few new songs on it. She's going back in the studio soon and a new album is expected within a year. She's never gone for that long... in fact, she's never gone at all.

May 8, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  60. charlie crack

She blows madonna, britney, cher, aguilera, kesha, beyonce off the radio. Enough said! No matter whether we like her, she's a phucking star! Rich one @ that

May 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  61. TXHoney

Lady Gaga is going to hell. She is a copy cat and has NO talent at all. First she copied Grace Jones style of "shock" factor and now is trying copy Madonna. Get clue Lady Gaga-you can never be Madonna. To all the losers who were born in the 80's and think she is original, do some research because Madonna is the original "Like A Prayer" queen.

May 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  62. lemnaria

Lady Gaga has inspired me. her music really gives me the push i needed.
    bye peeps, im gonna go blow my head off now

May 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Corey

Hot, stinking, rotting garbage!

May 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  64. randi

Junk.

May 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sarah

If it's so tired, why both to open the article, read it, and then post about it? If something truly is dull, I wouldn't bother. Face it, regardless what you say about her, she has your attention. :)

May 8, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Heann

She did indeed, but i just let the wad fly so im ignoring her again now

May 9, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  66. Chris

I love Gaga's music, even saw her in in concert and she was great......but this was crap.

May 8, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  67. Soleada

Oh, and I think she'll crack under the pressure at some point a la Britney Spears or LiLo. I've read reports that GaGa is already quite the drinker & sleeps no more than 2 – 4 hrs a night.

May 8, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  68. liligi

LOLZ @ the Catholic church seeing this wack video and going "Oh... nvm. *yawn*" lol. Even THEY were calling it boring. What is Gaga if she can't make people mad?.... Not much, apparently. But boy does it suck if your career's foundation is making people mad.

May 8, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  69. Soleada

I gather that the song is more about being repeatedly betrayed by a boyfriend. Or something. Yes she is a 'modern day Madonna' of sorts. But hey, maybe after this album she'll at least have the copying Madonna out of her system. I watched her first VMA Perfrormance on youtube (paparazzi).. Funny how ppl think the fake blood was original. Kyo from Dir en Grey has been regularly 'bleeding' on stage for 10+ yrs.

May 8, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  70. Rodboy

I guess each generation has its own class of morons. Maybe we can get her to pay taxes and use the money for the poor. It is always funny as the irreligous paint the religous as intolerate???? Of course if most people lived like them it would be escape from LA.

May 8, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  71. Mike

I am entertained by everyone who talks about how she is not talented but each person seems to know every piece she has done.

There is a reason she does what she does. It Sells.

Brilliant.

May 8, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  72. johnnyb

She is a soppy tart

May 8, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  73. Steven Tyler

Dude looks like a lady!

May 8, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  74. charlie crack

She's got so much $$$ she could slap madonna and cher with ribeyes!

May 8, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  75. Heather

She states she's in love with Judas. The one that betrayed Jesus. Enough said. She has lost a fan

May 8, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  76. Jules

I think this video made me smile. Is it just me or is she turning into Marilyn Manson and looking and sounding like Madonna. I mean, come on, she says she loves Jesus but she can't stop thinking about Judas. I don't remember reading that. It is so inane I am surprised she would make such a weird song and mistake

May 8, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  77. Elliot Pondexter

love gaga always will. its about the music, watever you take from the video is on you. i dont watch videos so i like the actual song.

May 8, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  78. W

this woman needs help

May 8, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  79. Happy

Reminds me of the Like A Virgin video... only Madonna could dance, was ok to look at and could sing.

May 8, 2011 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  80. jlua

Gaga is a way over-rated freak clown that is as artificial as saccharine.

May 8, 2011 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
  81. hand stand

If I was that ugly I'd put makeup on my @ss and walk on my hands!

May 8, 2011 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  82. lovee gaga

Ppl stop first off yall needa stopp commenting say that she is terrible and all this nawww if yall dont like her then dont listesn to her simple as tht all yall do is have to say something negative she is jst proveing a point and she is one of a kind we need moree ppl like that....
    Suckss truth hurtss haha

May 8, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  83. Whiskey lullaby

All u call this music/art. This is a disgrace,music today is so intellectually vacant it has no meaning.well exert for maybe the almighty dollar.to all who call this music u honestly need to get ur hearing checked.keep feedin into this crap then wonder why ur daughters are knocked up at 13.get a clue america this is the down fall "music"lmao-lik this and the dreadful reality shows lik jersey shore.

May 8, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  84. rick hardman

LOVE Gaga! GAGA is a superstar to stay madonna was 80's Gaga is now I don't see how people can compare
    The two you don't see Gaga posing nude with hairy arm pits !

May 8, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  85. Jill

All her songs sound the same to me. This is the first time I've seen one of her videos and I just keep thinking how I wasted 5 minutes of of my life on this. God, I miss the 80's when videos were actually entertaining, the guys were hot, and the bands/ artists were actually talented, or at least faked it really well. Gaga needs to be hung on the cross and crucified for sheer absurdity.

May 8, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  86. Mark from Middle River

Madonna copy. Maybe it's a generational thing for some folks but Madonna sorta blazed this trail unless you can factor in Cher but I think when Cher came back Madonna had already ran the table on this. I like Gaga if just for the fact that it keeps beyonce more and more off the radio.

May 8, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  87. Htil

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWAEdZ4jVv0&w=640&h=390]

May 8, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  88. charlie crack

She is no madonna copycat. Very original and will outsell good "old" madge!

May 8, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  89. Ali

This video is very tame. All it does is retell the same story thats in the Bible but with a modern twist. Sort of similar to Romeo and Juliet remake with DiCaprio. If people pulled their heads out of their ass they may realize that this is not such a bad thing. I have a friend who.grew up in a nonreligious home and this prompted her to want more information on the story of Christ and do some reading. And by the way, yes Madonna used religious imagary, but revamping a story from the Bible to a modern audience while made to look like something happening in the current time period has never been done before. All Madonna did was dance around a church and burning crosses.

May 8, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  90. Dave

So many haters-it's just entertainment-if you don't like her why are you watching and listening, losers? Get a life-it's just a song and dance act jealous no talents!

May 8, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  91. Dizzyd

It's sad how so-called Christians are so ready and even eager to condemn ppl to hell 'cuz they don't agree with them w/o hearing what they're REALLY saying. If she is hurting herself and her fans, pray for them. If eternity is that important, you should care, not just laugh over it. Where's that 'Christian' love?

May 8, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  92. B lo me

That's much gayness. I made my partner a dress composed ofcow, chicken and turtle liver. Sewing was awkward but I found vienna sausages gel worked bet to adhere the pieces

May 8, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  93. Neil n Kansas

I like Lady GaGa!.....It maybe my gayness that her music slays me!

May 8, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  94. Dave's not here, Man

no mate needed when you got both parts. when anyone tells Gaga to go phuck herself, she can!

May 8, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  95. Oops

And the winner is: M.A.D.O.N.N.A....

May 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  96. Just Curious

Why is it we never see Lady Gaga w/a boyfriend/girlfriend? Ever since she 'premiered' I have never seen any partner. I just find this kind of weird. Maybe shes just too off the wall for anyone? I mean really. She talks about everything personal but why never that? Just curious....

May 8, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  97. Native on a Reservation

How about more meat suit! Ugh I wish this ugly troll would flame out already

May 8, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  98. osama

Kansas is a weird place

May 8, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  99. Isawgagabloakneegrow

i watched gaga accept 30 knee grow coks in her dirty place at the kansas state fair last year. it was behind the hog exhibition. everyone squeeled with delight. especially the knee grows. it was awesome. i had to pleasure myself and i was arrested. i tried to explain what i just saw but the pigs (cops, not the hogs) wouldnt hear any of it. but i still love to dance to her mindless "music".

May 8, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  100. osama

Why all the hostility? Can't we all just get along? I lost a nut too quack mcduck

May 7, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  101. B lo me

Justin bieber is a lesbian

May 7, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Quack McDuck

It's hard to say for sure because I don't have any nuts. I lost them in a cooking incident.

May 7, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  103. madonna

Who cares

May 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Dave's not here, Man

Pop music has always been crap. Gaga is just a new flavor of the same old sh!t. Anyone who likes her music is a moron!

May 7, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Ressie

I WAS a fan of Gaga but I didn't like "Born This Way" the song or video and tapping my foot 2 "Judas" makes me feel guilty because she's regrading religion again. The video is even worse. She is going 2 a place worse than hell. This play on religion is terrible. I am NOT a fan of her anymore. She's 2 "odd" 4 me

May 7, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Bobby Gabbard

I am a Christian with old school values but I do believe we all have the right to express ourselfs in our own ways. So if she wishes to express herself with her music let her do it.

May 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Derrick

Love this song. Christians get offended about every little thing. Get over it. It's not like you guys don't attack muslims in the same way.

May 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Straight

I would love to sniff her soiled panties!

May 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  109. andrew nutra

If she had any balls she would make fun of Mohammed. Offending Christians is so 90s, so Madonna. I wish she would make fun of Muslims already so she'd get death warrant from the mullahs. But then with a quick death she won't be able to copy Madonna anymore.

May 7, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  110. nemo

lady goo goo is kinda getting fat...and all the x she does is starting to show!...I don't like her music...or her stir-fry...needed some salt..

May 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Michael

@Fenris
    Okay. To keep it simple, I don't like "Judas" nor do I like Lady Gaga. Simple enough for you?

May 7, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  112. osama bin hidin

i havent heard the song or seen the video.. wouldnt want to, pop music is for teenagers.. mind you, these days, teenagers have never heard any good music in their entire lives. im so sick of this lady kaka, she takes madonnas songs from the 80s, puts a new techno beat over it, and sings like a tranny.. i think she is a tranny. no talent, no vision, just recycled garbage from the late 80s.. oh shes so visionary and a diva.. you would think that if you were born in 1990 and everything you know has been corporate fed into your reality tv watching, artless feeble minds.. the beatles were musicians, this crap today should be quickly forgotten..

May 7, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Fenris

What is with everyone's obsession over analysing every little thing in the media? Why can't you people just enjoy something and take it as it is instead of criticizing every fragment of footage saying its one thing or another? It's a nice song with a sick beat, some fun but somewhat cheesy lyrics accompanied with a video with an interesting religious perspective with some bold imagery. You like it or you don't. No need to add the footnotes and start fires. It's more than what any of you have done.

May 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  114. CLC

Anyone else reminded of one of Dr. Evil’s numbers? Just as comical and void of actual talent. The beat is actually rather good, such a shame it was vocally & lyrically vomited on.

May 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  115. arie

Mmkay first off this was very bold in many ways but i honestly dont beleive it was wht she would want it is all for money and publicity and she is such a copy bc evrryone now is trying to be different and sing weird songs so now we have no goood music its stupid and sammee with this song

May 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  116. James

Well, she has secured for herself the hottest place in hell right next to Judas, so I really hope she IS in love with him – because she's going to be spending a painful ETERNITY with him.

May 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  117. JOHN

Why does everyone think this mocks religion? I feel it's a statement on how she keeps returning to her faith and is constantly disappointed by the judas-like betrayal from those who are supposed to be stewards of jesus's message of love for all. hypocrisy runs deep but there are those of us who still believe the true message of Christianity despite those who feel that message is judgment. It's a song of frustration not hate.

May 7, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  118. At Rincon

After reading most of the comments (some of them were way too long) I believe almost everyone agrees that the dance moves sucked. I, honestly, think that the religious thing is not such a big issue and that there are way too many things happening in the video to even enjoy it.

May 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  119. AndyG

verdict.......yawn.

May 7, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  120. sl()ts

Lady Sh!t Eater

May 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Judas

Cher meets madonna

May 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Michael

Gaga isn't that entertaining. Pretty repetetive with her songs and styles, and the outfits she wears REALLY aren't making her look any less unattractive. Her voice is nasal-y, her dancing has never been particularly good. She's sort of just a run-of-the-mill pop star, with an obsession with Christianity that borders on irritating. I got a migraine just watching and listening to "Judas". I kid you not-it actually gave me a headache.

May 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Michael

Gaga isn't that entertaining. Pretty repetetive with her songs and styles, and the outfits she wears REALLY aren't making her look any less attractive. Her voice is nasal-y, her dancing has never been particularly good. She's sort of just a run-of-the-mill pop star, with an obsession with Christianity that borders on irritating. I got a migraine just watching and listening to "Judas". I kid you not-it actually gave me a headache.

May 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  124. William Brogan

Gaga has lost this gay monster as a fan. All hail the true Queen which is Madonna.

May 7, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Jennifer

I loved her last two albums but this one just isn't as creative as those. "Born This Way" and "Judas" aren't that great of songs and her videos are now starting to look like she is trying to out-do herself. She is an extremely talented person but I think she has ceased to be truly creative and is just trying to keep her fame rolling along. I am a still a fan but if she keeps this up then I will probably won't be anymore.

May 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Rebecca

I knew she would fade into a bad cariacature of herself eventually, I just didn't think it would happen so fast. R.I.P, Gaga's career.

May 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  127. snoozefest

I'm not a fan of her music. Whenever one of her songs comes on, I feel like I'm listening to something from the 80s.

May 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Chris

I really liked her first album, but this one lacks the creative raw talent I feel she does have (if she would stop lifting music from others). I feel she is now trying to act like a superstar and missing the mark. Even her videos are the same. Her dancing half naked in front of a group of people like the maccarana. Of course, she might be doing that because she has a nice body and lacks everything else. I found the song and video very boring. Maybe she will calm down for her next album.

May 7, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  129. iffy

I loved the Fame Monster when it came out. She was incredibly original, catchy and fun to watch. This time around, i'm starting to be over it. Granted her songs are still catchy, im over the "i have to have a super deep and philosophical meaning behind everything i do" mentality. Its becoming so over the top that it seems forced and fake. I dont care about the symbolism in her videos, but it just seems that shes trying to hard to be cutting edge.... and the terrible choreography doesnt help.

She is incredibly talented, but slowly starting to lose points in my book

May 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  130. delilah

I am one of those folks who does not understand the total destruction of real meaningful music and true artist! what has happened to all the talented musicians? there being replaced with meaningless little gimmick people like lady gaga who are truly untalened and make a complete mockery of the true muscians. but her gimmerty and meat clothes are takin her to the bank!! she aint no elvis or beatles just to mention a very few! come on people put her alone in a karaoke bar by herself and see how far she goes! it would be intesting to say the least!!

May 7, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  131. shellsbells

Gagais going to burn in hell, so be careful, follower. She will drag you with her.

May 7, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  132. nanor

Terrible song, terrible video, bad choreography, poor styling,unattractive singer, unattractive cast of characters, boring, hated it.

May 7, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  133. who really cares???

Mr Gaga has to stir up controversy cause he/she is a talentless hack and a modonna ripoff. That music cough, cough, was as worthless now as back then.

May 7, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jomareda

This guy has a great voice and is REAL, no Gaga fake electro-sync-pop garbage. Check it out:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8-a6EkixA&w=640&h=390]

May 7, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Disgusted

This is pushing the envelope. Lack of understanding the Christian faith and putting herself and others in a condemed position is really sad to watch. She will understand the implications of this song...for her sake in this life...or the life afterwards. My heart hopes it is in this life for her sake.

May 7, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Z

I'm not a superfan of Lady Gaga by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think she's talented. And I don't know why everyone is so harsh on this video. Honestly I think it's really good – pretty to look at, interesting. Why do people seem to think that she has to tear down Catholisim in order to make a decent video?

May 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  137. Brian

Much ado about Nothing. Politics and messages and music rarely fit well together. And to top it off, Lady GooGoo is selling records. That's really whats going on. Don't kid yourself.

May 7, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  138. krg

HOT SONG!!

May 7, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  139. Dr Who

Really!

May 7, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  140. Donlizard

It should come under the heading of "Who Cares"
    Isn't her 15 mins up yet? Nothing new here ....
    One more question .... aren't we done with videos yet?
    It's time we start letting the music do the talking, instead of being force fed someone's "vision" of a song.
    Booooooring!

May 7, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  141. neutronman

The dancers danced, the fashions were fun, it was entertaining to watch. I enjoyed it. I mean, I like Gaga fine, but at the end of the day its just a music video, no need to get all excited. If you want great cinema with great ideas look elsewhere...

May 7, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  142. Christina

With all the talk that Gaga "tries too hard," I really wish she had tried harder on this one. I was truly underwhelmed (read: disappointed) with the "Judas" video. I personally blame Gibson (Gaga's creative director, though Gaga would have you believe she is her own creative director). In an interview, Gibson said she was weary of shooting "Judas" because of her strong faith and was afraid of "being struck down by lightening." Gaga should have canned her and followed her own blasphemous, hyperbolic instincts. It would have made for a much better video. Fear and Gaga don't mix.

May 7, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  143. Judas lover

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkvadq4VjA&w=640&h=390]

May 7, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  144. Nikki

It was ok but nothing that we r used to from Gaga. Laurieann did produce, choreographed and directed the video. This is the same woman that's behind Gaga being in a egg!! There was a reason why Diddy fired her she worked with him for years but fired her! Gaga's dance moves were too Danity Kane-ish if you ask me!

May 7, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  145. Phyl

Innovative? Edgy? Daring? Nope, just warmed over Madonna & a few other atrists, with less talent vocally & less attractive physically. Please Lady Gag Gag, enough, your 2 mins. is done now go play in underground clubs in Europe, if they'll even have you. BYe Bye!

May 7, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  146. x

When Gaga first came out, she was fresh, new, and quirky without trying too hard to prove how "different" and "original" she is. Now she's trying too desperately hard to come off as more important and profound of an artist than she actually is. With all the hype she creates for herself, she's just not living up to her own expectations/standards, and is, if anything, becoming a mockery and parody of herself. She's trying too hard to outdo herself, and is basically coming out with crappy, terrible, overly produced, contrived "music." She's blatantly copying Madonna but trying to act like she's being original and "deep." She needs to stop being so over the top, vary the "controversy" a little bit (too much, too often, is not "shocking" it's just annoying), and most of all, stop taking herself so darn seriously and, if she's going to try and add so much "symbolism" to her tired lyrics and songs, at least put some thought into it instead of coming out with fluffy "statements." She needs to start focusing on the MUSIC, enough with the gimmick, enough with the circus act, enough with the egomania...she needs to start being the artist that she's capable of being.

May 7, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • humberto

Here is something you might be interested in. How to get food stamps, welfare, and other benefits.

How To Get Food Stamps, Welfare And Other Benefits

May 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Beautiful Vixen

It is delicious ! Just like my big black weeiner !

May 7, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  148. Uhhhh

Anything Gaga comes out with tops Madonna's "American Life", that was a piece of crap.

May 7, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  149. bezerkur

bob did u just wake up from a coma? how can u not know who lady gaga is. unless u have been musically oppressed. and as far as her copying madonna, there isnt a artist who hasnt in some form by a influence that they grew up on. whos to say madonna isnt involved in it. can u see her trying to pull it off in her 50's. they both have simular backgrounds except gaga is a very talented musician. u tube her early day before she became gaga. still tho i rather see her do her own creativity. and shes getting to thin.

May 7, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • bob

Punctuation would malke your meaningless message at least a little easier to read.

May 8, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  150. drummer girl

Sine I first heard/saw Lady GaGa,All I've been able to think is "Modonna wannabe with less talent"...did someone say Prince copies MJ?!Wrong! MJ copied PRINCE(i.e every hairstyle Prince had,MJ copied.Vid example-dance moves in "The Way You Make Me Feel" blantantly copied Prince's "Thieves in the Temple")But I digress.Who were we talking about?!...Oh,yeah!GaGadonna!

May 7, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

How can MJ have copied Prince's "Thieves" when "The Way You Make Me Feel" came out three years BEFORE "Thieves"?

May 7, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  151. bob

How is this person famous? I don't get it.

What kind of stupid-ass name is Lady Gaga?

May 7, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  152. GAGAGoAwayAway

Who cares about the boring video. This is one of the worst songs musically I have ever heard. I like GaGA but she is starting to show her limitations. Every chorus is interchangeable and her songs sound the same. I am sure she will blame my ear for that though.

May 7, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  153. bigjonnkc

@ Manos (#51) TY for bringing up Mylene Farmer from France..
    Now there is someone who has proven what it truly means for an artist to be artistic (lol), mysterious,thought provoking, controversial,successful AND classy. Madonna and Gaga truly are no talent-Looney Tunes compared to the Mylene's talent!
    She's been one of only a handful of singers I've actually respected for the last two decades!!!
    Vive la belle rouquine!
    Long live Mylene!

May 7, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  154. Name*waxmax

I liked this video was good.

May 7, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  155. jean

she need to go back to fun music like just dance she keep jumping off the cliff being extra make people laugh dancing was weak Lauieann is usually on point

May 7, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  156. HoneyB

Oh good grief! There is NOTHING new under the sun. I think Lady GaGa mimicks Madonna but Madonna is by far not the originator of most of her art too. Every artist draws inspiration from those that came before them. Stop being so critical, you are sounding like true fans...

May 7, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  157. Sam

Just crazy! Need I say more?

May 7, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  158. Kelly

Lady Gaga is a joke. Music talent....a big no!

May 7, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  159. 2 out of 5*

This song sucks! For how long America & her fans need to pretend ?

May 7, 2011 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
  160. MeanGirl

I feel like I need to go bathe in holy water...she's super gross dude...nothing but a portal.

May 7, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  161. jamiebee

so due to the fact that she is a pop singer/performer who uses religious symbolism in her music and videos means she is copying madonna? hardly. and no i honestly don't hear resemblance in the music either other than it being pop oriented. imɜ afraid many of you Are clueless about art and music. do usɜ and Gaga the favor of studying both and gaining knowledge on these subjects so you can quit attempting to discredit a unique and much needed talent. o and... madonna was nothing but a selfish spoiled material girl who did nothing but worry about herself. thankfully Gaga is here to appreciate her loyal followers and show the love in a honest and refreshing way!

May 7, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
  162. Don

Oh, look–it's weird for weird's sake. Sorry, Gaga–we know it's all an act.

May 7, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  163. maykat18

Madonna is way more talented than Gaga. Of course Gaga is inspired by Madonna. The reason I say this is becuase each new generation is inspired by the generation before. If you really think aout it who were the original artists? Bach Mozart Bethoven. There are only so many notes and so many ways these note can be aranged. If you want to get right down to it all artist stole from the original artist so to say Gaga is coping Madonna is not entirly true.

May 7, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  164. YAwn!

gaga is just a cheap 99 cent version of madonna

May 7, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  165. Kevin

Bored.

May 7, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  166. Fokjou

HAHAHAHA....it's just fukn awful...bwahahaha...."Ooooohoohooohooo" intro = vomit taste in my mouth...as much as i tried, I couldn't get past 2:50...gag=kaka :-0

May 7, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  167. marcster

eleanor roosevelt said it best: great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

May 7, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  168. Maurice

Next thing you know, GaGa will have a video featuring Mohandis Gandhi giving enemas, and an especially big one to her. That is pretty much what her music is, a trash pop lyrical enema.

May 7, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  169. dat wabbit

she's Madonna alright. Madonna on some serious crack.

May 7, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  170. Lexi

I think Lady Gaga just isn't what she started out as anymore. I feel this video is way too close to Like A Prayer. I can understand inspiration from
    other artists in a musicians songs, but when its too too deliberate; its just not special or talented.

May 7, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  171. lionel smith

ITS ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE. Everything anyone does today was copied in the 80s or 90s. The fact is people have to sit and think of words and ideas and diss to knock gaga. Shes got everyones attention. She makes people feel passionate about their views. GAME OVER.
    I Love Gaga!!!

May 7, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  172. wonka

Can you say... ILLUMINATI???

May 7, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Please Don't

Thank you she is possessed by the devil and trying to influence the world with it and it's working. They got her mind body and soul!! Money isn't everything... Open your eyes people

May 9, 2011 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  173. Kimberly

GAGA doesn't have a talented bone in her body. The only thing I give her credit for is that she knows how to package and sell crap to the public. Genius! It's not surprising given the generation of no-talent tweens, teens and twenty-somethings that exist in this country. They will buy anything. They wouldn't recognize talent if it slapped them in the face. But as long as she continues to make this crap and they continue to buy it, she deserves to profit and they deserve to be entertained. I'll just change the channel.

May 7, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  174. Phil

What a horrendous song. From the shrieking in the opening lines to the amateur sounding production and metallic sounding cheesy 80s beat. The subject matter is less controversial than the song itself which appears to be devoid of any decent melody. One of the annoying aspects about Gaga songs is that they seem to open with some indistinctive vowel movement. "ra ra ra ahaha"......(Bad Romance). These strange nuances seem to be her trademark...Perhaps she will become a great artist. Although her music needs to get better......much better. Because right now, her songs are annoying to listen to. Comparisons have been made to Madonna. But Madonna was fun. Her sound was clear and melodic. Madonna knew how much she could do and kept within those boundaries.And her songs were not at all annoying to listen to.

May 6, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  175. yuk

gaga is cheap Regurgitated madonna.

May 6, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  176. KC

It's terrible, no matter what! Lady Gaga is not the artist she started to be... I'm dissapointed and offended by this video. The first time I ever saw her and heard of her was on the show The Hills w/ Lauren Conrad and Whitney helping her attire for a presentation and a few months later "Just Dance" was released and I really liked her but now it's uncomfortable to watch her videos... I'm no longer a Gaga fan but still good luck to her some how she has had some success w/ this album but not nearly as her previous music.

May 6, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  177. DKA

Or...how about this...how about it has nothing to do with religion but everything to do with a past relationship with a guy who betrayed her that she just couldn't get over even after what was done (as far as being betrayed) while maybe even after meeting someone who was the opposite (nice guy) but no matter what she just couldn't get past this "Judas" guy.

May 6, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Anony84

I liked it better than the Born This Way video. I love both songs but the BTW video wasnt that great

May 6, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Kanye West

If I would of done a track...or video like this ya'll would of Linched my black Azz. But I wouldn't do a song like that none da less cause that's for the white folks to cover that subject. Jesus Walks With Me!

May 6, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  180. DKA

I thought the video was great! This just goes to show you...so much negative hype and it turns out to be just a music video – exactly what it was intended to be all along! You gotta give it to this girl...she knows what she's doing and she does it well!

May 6, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Z

Besides Youtube, where can you even watch a music video anymore, lol. I haven't seen a music video on MTV since I can't recall when. Sorry, I'm not going to wake up at 5 am and watch them until 7 am when they go off the air. I remember when the only time MTV didn't show music videos was for a few hours each night when they had Road Rules, The Real World or Beavis and Butthead (which still had mv's in the show) and I'm only 27. O yeah, and their yearly Spring Break week long special.

May 6, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  182. @N

all u b!otches need to get help from Mr.DooDoo Crackhead. DooDooCrackhead@gmail.com.

May 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  183. cork soaker

Did all her little munnsters drink the kool aid & soak a cork. This broad is awful. She should climb back into the huge fake egg & roll into the Hudson. I heard she went number two in a box in the back of her limo. A record executive found that box & made her new album. Crazy, right?

May 6, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  184. MaeDay

*Yawn* I was hoping for something far more interesting than this. Maybe Westboro will be offended, but I'm Catholic and Jesus on a motorcycle is less controversial than some images I've seen in churches (albeit, somewhat liberal churches)

May 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  185. cork soaker

Gaga is a no talent hack. Why are people buying into her rewarmed version of Madonna's concepts? It was mediocre when Madonna did it. Now its just awful. She should stick to soaking corks. At least that's mildly entertaining.

May 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  186. gigi

Gaga is a no talent joke.

May 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  187. Dancin fool

I like Lady Gaga's style definately but this video was weak for her..... the choreagraphy was terrible, I always look forward to her moves. To those that say she dresses outragous... I WOULD TOO IF I WERE FAMOUS.... I would dress sooo different everytime I was on stage that when I was in public as a normal person I would fit into society like a normal person so I wouldnt be attacked by the damn media!

May 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Noles

Confused about all the ink wasted on this. Video is boring, song is trying too hard to be cool and the overall effect leaves me thinking...so what. Next, please. If this is original music, we are in a sad state musically. You shouldn't have to put so much effort to show that you are original. All it takes is a good song and voice. Not over exagerrated artifice. Get over this stuff people and listen to music that actually seems to have power and soul. This is over contrived "product" not music.

May 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Keenan in Miami

Song/Video is not my favorite of Gaga, but she's talented. Xavier Le Pop Star keeps it fun though. Ha Ha.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfXUecbSV2w&w=640&h=390]

May 6, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Dizzyd

GOP 2012 – no, the Antichrist LEFT the White House a couple years ago...lol! Unfortunately, his party of evildoers (cough : repubs : cough) are still there doing the devil's dirty work.

May 6, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  191. sara

My but iches

May 6, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  192. sara

She has good music but terrible at dancing!!!hahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhah

May 6, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Thomas

When will this scene of destruction go away!! Lady gag gag.

May 6, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  194. anonymous

*cough* *sputter* Madonna wannabe.. minus the talent..

May 6, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Chloe

Entertainment for Satanist. Lady Gaga is a no talent freak.

May 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  196. jayne

Terrible dancing right up to the cliche of falling on the floor at the end .. laughable. Really makes me miss (and appreciate) Madonna..so much more.

May 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  197. GOP 2012

This is another example of the gay agenda trying to brainwash our children into turning against Christ! This is what happens when we all let the Antichrist rule in the whitehouse.

May 6, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • *confused*

Yeah because anyone else would deprive her of her 1st Amendment Right and say "Off with her head!", right?

May 7, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Please Don't

You're right why did they ever let Bush in?!

May 9, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  198. fernace

Yes, ur gonna get Madonna from Britney & GaGa, like ur gonna get Michael,Prince from Usher, Justin&Chris Brown & etc all around! Everybody borrows& swipes. All artists are inspired by other artists &" the beat goes on"!

May 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  199. A.

Well the video is beautifully shot with an interesting sense of aesthetic and some lavish costumes/accessories/set but that's about it. Oddly enough I like it, for what is, a music video. But i truly wonder what's the point of the exercise if all she's doing is telling a modern version if a biblical episode without committing to it. It is all representation, barely scratching the surface and her interpretation of Mary Magdelene is way too literal to be interesting. But that's Lady Gaga, it is not about the substance, it is about how much delusional statements about how genius and savior of lost music world she can be. Judas ain't no different...

May 6, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  200. twilla

Patty andrews is the best singer ever. Period.

May 6, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Ed

When I saw this, I was confused...I just didn't understand it. After reading the lyrics, I was thinking, "This really doesn't sound so riveting." Honestly, I only like "Telephone."

May 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Omar Arias

Come on is everyone blind to the facts. JUST LISTEN TO THE LYRICS, SHE IS DEFINITELY MOCKING CHRISTIANS. WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS GO AFTER BIBLICAL THEMES? HOW COME SHE DOESN'T MOCK THE KORAN, OR BUDIST STUFF. BECAUSE THE DEVIL NOWS THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS. SHE IS SMART I GIVE HER THAT..

May 6, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  203. cc

gaga first single Just Dance is original with nice vocal and nice video. And then the fame got her, she turn into this artist with no originity started from her poker face time, bad dancing, and expensive music video which is so expected and using her shock factor to get more famous!
    Now her songs suckx, she sings like man in the songs, her dance is still bad, her video is so boring (shock factor can only be used once ok!) and her costumes make her look like a joke and untalented.
    Sad. Fame got her.

May 6, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Andrea M

Meh. Clothes are less than interesting, she's done the religious thing before, and the synths are not as properly rampaging as they should be. Dancing was a whole new level of terrible. Honestly, she needs to update the producer and fire the choreographer. While she's at it, bringing McQueen back from the dead would not be bad either. RIP Lee.

May 6, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  205. poopmachine

Why does all of her songs have like the same melody during the chorus ?

May 6, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  206. Dave

love the song, love the video, aside from those who would be offended for whatever reason by the religious imagery ( i didnt see it as heretical) good choreography, cool sets. I would have like to see a longer more passinate on the lips kiss between Judas and Christ. If you're condemning a man to death at least do it once more with feeling.

May 6, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  207. stoptheinsanity

Will this person overdose already and do us all a favor?

May 6, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  208. Vic

Turbo Lover is a better video and a better song.

May 6, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  209. Vic

Is she the love child of Rob Halford (from Judas Priest) and Madonna?

May 6, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  210. team britney, nicki minaj, robyn, m.i.a etc

Lady gaga does nothing. I don't even watch ehr videos because everything she does I did when I was 17 and got bored of then. Itsridiculously funny to me when a few friends (beyonce) even bother to talk about about it. I swear, Lady gaga is a side project of the Onion News, and soon it'll be like "lady gaga was just a scam to fund austrian birth control."
    I don't even watch her videos because they are so irrelevant. Its like seeing a delusional tranny walking on the upper east side in a busted outfit pretending shes a woman and flagrantly, obnoxiously so. Why is this considered art or entertainment CNN? Especially when there are SEVERAL delusional trannies walking around everywhere, in any city? The least you could do is cover the Bangkok Pride Parade and give us some pretty ones to learn something from.
    Its not even a matter of lamey gaga going down, for those of us who have a good sense for valid art and performance, AKA the REAL AVANT GARDE, she never was up. Again, all her regurgitated "styles" were s**t outta my system when I was a little itty bitty club kid.
    @ Lady gaga. Just give up. The people who buy your product, as pointed out above, are just as pointless as you in their consumption of the useless quality you produce. You keep saying things like "I don't want my fans to think Im real," and other pages torn from my space updates circa 2000. Trust me, your fans don't know the difference, and the ones who do, know definitively that you are not real, and don't need you taking up time and media coverage from the artists that are aka, Britney, Christina, Gwen, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A, and most of all ROBYN.
    So your low cheapness of Lame.Its official. Your a flash in the pan. Go away! Isnt there some creepy transylvanian lair that would love for you to do karaoke at their decomposing power structure ball?

May 6, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • FiveTeeOneVee

GaGA ' s c@@l. Maybe working a bit too hard to be able to see the forest from the trees.
      S H E's this generation's MARILYN MONROE. We LOVE her.
      This video, alot of hard work went into it, that's obvious.
      maybe lacks cohenrence, could use a better edit.
      But, it's very entertaining and i paid attention and enjoyed it.
      I'm not really a fan, but she grows on me. I like her.
      She has positive things to say, we could do alot worse IMHO than Lady GaGa.

May 7, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  211. Mike

I've loved Gaga and Madonna....but I have to agree that the religious themes are tired....Madonna did it....if Gaga is trying to be original she needs to find something different than religion. I found this video to be really boring....the choreography is horrible....the make-up is is distracting and not attractive.....and the song is grating on the nerves. I think Gaga needs a little humble pie....take a break....stop hyping herself as the ultimate artist and stop drinking her own kool-aid. This new work is not original at all....it just isn't.

May 6, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  212. Believer

Not at all gaga for Lady Gaga!

May 6, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Hensley Roberts

Attention EVERYONE: Madonna was not the first artist to incorporate Christ/religion/blasphemy into her work. If you think this video is derivative (and I don't agree with that assessment), then that's because there have been artists doing similar things for 2000 years. Most of the artists were brought up in the religion they are commenting on, which is why this theme is so prevalent. Wikipedia Andres Serrano or Mapplethorpe.

May 6, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  214. Name*Eric

The Christianity theme has been done to death. Try taking on Hinduism or Islam, that would be daring. This video is like day old bread, not entirely devoid of flavor, but getting close to stale.

May 6, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  215. Zwood

I'm tired of the comparisons. Gaga has on numerous occasions said that she has been influenced by Madonna. So you will see comparisons. Get over it. The video was not the most over the top she has done. I applaud that. It went in the right direction. The small minds will always see "oh... Pop dance beats and religious icons must be a Madonna rip off" when they have very different stories.... Learn how to see a story...

May 6, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obveeeyus

Her "Inspiration" from Madonna looks more and more like Plagiarism at the 7th grade level.

May 8, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  216. JudasPriestRipOff

This girl has no creativity. A group of 50-year-old white men - Duran Duran - just produced a 17-track revival album - 9 of which I guarantee are better than her best single off this album.

May 6, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  217. diana mahr

please lady gaga i cant wait for you to go after the muslims & jews. Lets see how long youll last and how youll have to hire a body guard when you make your next mucic video when you insult the koran or allah. Christian and catholics are easy prey.

May 6, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  218. david hasson

sacreligious audio and visual feces

May 6, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  219. Julio

only 33????

May 6, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Chucklehead

What's the verdict? Like everything this no-talent twit does, it sukked!

May 6, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Sunshine Girl *

The religious imagery is very similar to Madonnas 80's music. Not the same but close. What is all this fasination with religion and Gaga? I understand she is religious/believes in God and showing that once in awhile in her music is ok. But here lately is just to over played and I think alot of people are just getting tired of it. It might be better or have more shock value if it were completely fresh and origanal. Its echoing Madonnas 80's stuff just too closely. Im sure Im not the only one whos noticed it.

May 6, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Superhiro

Looks awful as always.

May 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  223. Mora

It was beautiful and brilliant.

May 6, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  224. STR8UP (TEAM PACMAN)

Did you people not hear what she said? "Jesus is my virtue and Judas is the demon I cling on to"? Duh, any smart human being artsy fartsy or not does not have to say things like that to curse themselves. STOOOOPID.

May 6, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  225. Mickey

Excited to hear her sing my name.

May 6, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  226. confused

I found the music to be almost exact to her other song -can't she come up with new music instead of just changing the lyrics?

May 6, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • STR8UP (TEAM PACMAN)

all her music does sound the same.....and people are so caught up in her rebellion I don't think they even listen to her. MUSIC is dead.

May 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  227. Megan

I think I'd like her it didn't seem like she's trying so hard to be controversial, but always putting out floofly feel-good statements. She's either respecting everyone and their boundaries, an unoriginal concept, or she's pushing the limits and should just say "get offended if you want" and quit trying to do this annoying tip-toeing around everything.

May 6, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  228. aproctor3000

@Name*Mr. GaGa

Madonna did something similiar in regards to religous controversy in videos – "Like a prayer"

She also seems to market herself similar to the way Maddona did – controversy wise to drive sales of her albums and have herself stand out of the rest of the music industry. Check the link here to see some examples: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-14-2004-54133.asp.

May 6, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  229. chris

i love the people calling her creative............those of you MUST have been born in the late 80's early 90's then you'd have an excuse to think she's original..........she is a Madonna 2.0!!! the music video was entertaining.......which is what she is an entertainer!

May 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadonnaFan

You are right: the people who like Gaga and think she is not a Madonna wannabe are too young to know that they are wrong and don't know what they're talking about.

Cheer up, lads and lasses. You'll get there someday!

May 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Floyd

I am Catholic, and I liked it. Chorography is not the best, and is typical but the imagery and the look and feel are very contemporary mixed with ancient times. It’s kind of a cool balance. No offense taken. This woman clearly believes in Jesus, and her faith. The only thing that is offensive is hate, and I don’t see that here.

May 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly Frances

I was raised Catholic also, and I don't believe that the people who taught me would have felt comfortable with this at first glance, but I certainly don't find it offensive. I no longer understand why religious people find offence in art and symbols that clearly threaten nothing. I enjoy Gaga

May 6, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Malin

You know, I'm starting to think protestants protest the use of religious iconography in... anything... because they're offended by the iconography itself. They just *hate* the fact that Catholics define the history of Christianity.

May 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  231. Scott in Atlanta

I feel bad for her. She's just being used (quite successfully) to advance a socially-milignant agenda, and she can't even see it.... (It seems the sheeple that idolize her can't see the not-so-subtle infection coming...) Of course it wasn't meant to be an attack on religion... It's just an attack on religion...lol

May 6, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda in Florida

If this is her take on God's plan of salvation, I feel sorry for her. May God have mercy for this blasphemous video. I don't think this is an attack on religion, but rather, an attempt at trying to keep the sheeple coming back for more and putting money in her bank account and her name on their lips. It is, indeed, a glance at what's coming. God said it would come and it's scary to think that it could very well come in our time.

I couldn't understand most of the lyrics. I had to look them up. Most of them don't even make sense and those that do truly come from a mind that has fully rejected Jesus and chooses to worship a created being, not the Creator. so sad. I would never listen to music again if this trash was all there was.

May 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Malin

God, I love how people who enjoy claiming everyone - but them - are mindlessly following trends mindlessly follow the trend with the word 'sheeple'.

May 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  232. Mendoza

Loved it

May 6, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  233. Jennn

Wow – Can we say Madonna ?? Love Gaga but this is nothing up an updated Madonna from the 80s!

May 6, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Steve Sandwich

Laurieann Gibson will be the death of her. That idiot couldn't dance her way out of a paper bag. And her difficulty with the English language is hard to watch.

Fire your acolytes, Stefani.

May 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  235. Aquilino

Video did not live up to the hype. The dance routines, forgetable. Too baroque, cluttered, reminding me of Aguilera's "Dirty." The plot was poorly developed. Something simpler and to the point would have made the experience more interesting and thought provoking. Too many close-ups, too much Gaga!

May 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  236. Name*Mr. GaGa

I love the video, it is my favorite by her. It shows that the Church over reacted over it. It's very tame and beautiful. As someone said, it's better that way.

May 6, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  237. Mel

Between "Born this way" and "Judas" I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be an entirely Madonna themed album?! I only want a Madonna album from Madonna, not Gaga!

May 6, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pedro

Madonna?? Oo please! Madonna wishes she had at least a third of the fame GaGa has. Gaga is blowing up the charts

May 6, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • oh yea?

You know what's more unoriginal than stealing ideas from Madonna?

It's you morons who can't seem to distinguish anything from 'something Madonna has done to a lesser degree'. If you can't see through to the instrinsic layers of added details that go into almost every single Gaga video, then just stop watching them and go back to watching Britney Spear's Hold It Against Me.

Buncha trolls...

May 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chirpie

@ Pedro

The fame sold 12 million albums worldwide. Madonna has sold 300 million albums worldwide.

I don't think Madonna's crown is in danger just yet.

May 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  238. windrider2

I have to agree with Entertainment Weekly about Gibson's choreography. It mixes her trademark Hard Core Modern Dance vocabulary with silly kitschy pop music moves that belong in a Katy Perry video. It makes the dance sequences look overworked. She would have done better to build on the movement from Born This Way and taken it further instead of diluting and trivializing it. Otherwise, it's a beautiful video that has a way of looking like medieval religious art frescos redone for contemporary times. I'm sure that the Catholic Church, which roundly condemned the video before it was ever released, will still find something to complain about as will some Christian groups who cannot possibly imagine Jesus and His disciples as modern-day renegades instead of the Biblical renegades and outlaws they were in their own time. But all in all, I'm sure they were looking for something outrageously blasphemous which this video is definitely not. It's a beautiful look at Gaga's personal faith and the push-pull that many of us feel between the beauty and love of Jesus, and the temptations that pull us away from Him. And it's a darned good pure music video too. WIN!

May 6, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hensley Roberts

Nice (intelligent) comment, something of a rarity for comments boards such as this. I am with you 100% on the dance moves, the one thing about this video that I found distracting and not up to Gaga's standards.

May 6, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  239. SHIRLEY

I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT.SHE IS VERY VERY CREATIVE , AND THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT,AND I'M GLAD FOR HER SUCCESS, AND EVEN WHEN PEOPLE SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT HER MUSIC OR HER DRESS IT'S OK BECAUSE SHE'S TAKING IT ALL TO THE BANK

May 6, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  240. Lorin

Evel- How mature.

May 6, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  241. Em

Didn't Madonna do something very similar to this twenty years ago?

May 6, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*Mr. GaGa

Find the video where Madonna did this. I'm an sick of people saying that. GaGa is not copying Madonna.

May 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Mr. Gaga, save it. I like Gaga too, but this is about as Madonna as it gets. And it was kind of tired when Madonna did it.

May 6, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • blurcrazy

Mr. Gaga.. it's called Like a Prayer.. among others

May 6, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • SHE'S NOT MADONNA

GAGA does religious-themed music yes this is true as did Madonna, however, Madonna didn't go as DEEP as GAGA does.. Did you check out the symbolism in this video...all the bikers were the disciples... Madonna "played" on religious themes. .Like crosses and stuff.. but GAGA actually delves into the stories.... so NO SHE IS NOT LIIKE MADONNA AT ALL.. However, and to be fair... I AM tired of the religious videos now... LETS SEE SOMETHING NEW GAGA....

May 6, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • scoot

Symbolism? WHERE? Every thought/idea is written out for you. Even the names on their back!
      This is "art" (small a)for dummies... IE Americas Youth. Calling her the next Madonna is an insult to the
      next Madonna where ever she may be. My prediction is Judas is to GaGa as the Goat Herder song is to stafani.
      Yoddel aaaaheeee HOOOOOooooooo...

May 6, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Manos

OK, i'm getting angry when i'm reading "madonna did it first", "Gaga copies Madonna" ecc ecc. If you want to talk about originality, the french singer Mylene Farmer has done everything before Madonna or Lady Gaga, as an american site has wrote "Mylene Farmer makes Madonna to seem like a teacher in kindergarten". You can search Mylene on the internet or the youtube. So stop comparing and enjoy the music!

May 6, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • A.

@ She's Not Madonna What is it deep(e)r about Lady Gaga's use of religious images in her videos that isn't about Madonna when all Gaga does is to recycle Madonna's work? What is deep(er) about Gaga posing a bed wearing a nun outfit in latex pretending to swallow a rosary?? That's certainly not Like A Prayer which showed Madonna dancing sensually in front of burning crosses, snogging a Black Jesus, having stigmatas all in a context of story that highlighted racism and how the Catholic religion is full of flaws about racial equality. That's deep for me. That's taking risk of upsetting people and their beliefs to make a statement and make people think about the world around us. Gaga making it out with a bunch of white guys in Stilettos while wearing latex in a setting which blatantly recreates Madonna's collaboration with Steven Klein on his X-static process video (Alejandro Anyone???) or, now with Judas, dancing silly in a post Jerusalem which looks no more than a recycled set from easy rider doesn't go anywhere deep...It is theatrical, stylish, superficial but not deep.

May 6, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lady BlahBlah

Like A Prayer 2.0

May 7, 2011 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Next?

2 out of 10* !

May 7, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Jonathan

Madonna perform on a disco cross with a crown of thorns singing LIve To Tell with images of starving children in the background. That's deep!

May 7, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Yuck

She thinks she is going to be groundbreaking. She is trying to rip off Grace Jones, Madonna, Christina, Kylie & Britney to shore up her talentless, mundane, and boring performances.

Another music puppet whose head is turned around 360 degree probably with some meths to make herself looks relevant.

May 7, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abraham

Yes Madonna has done something similar 20 years ago. It was called Like a Prayer. I hate how Gaga fans think this is so new and groundbreaking. Madonna has been there and done that already. Madonna over Gaga any day in my opinion.

May 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • celticfaerie

@SHE'S NOT MADONNA

Deep as in literal? There isn't much depth to this. Everything is spelled out for you.

May 9, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  242. Kitty Bateman

I love Gaga and love 99% of her songs. But I am so sick of the theme of Christianity a la Madonna. Been done too many times.

May 6, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • erin09

Good one Robin!

May 6, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

in all the years I've been listeing to music, this is the 40th time I've heard this hook. The images are totally without flow or connection. This is the most transparent effort to appear as though thought was involved, but was not. What's so insulting about it is that such a poor and tranpsarent effort to paste together weak images and poor concept was thought to be all that was necessary to extract money from non-thinkers. They are probably correct...

May 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judas sucks

NOT WORTH THE HYPE AT ALL !!!

The video has a quality of comical parody to it. Tacky! :(

May 7, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
    • R I P

*The most overrated artist of 21st Century*

May 7, 2011 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
    • humberto

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjHAlLSwyQ&w=640&h=390]

May 7, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Show an Tell

It is an attack against Christianity there's no other way to put it soon it all will show it self

May 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • ......

One word- Forget-able & insipid !

(2 words actually)

May 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • charles knapp

the catholic church is sure to be outraged over the religious innuendo

May 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abraham

Maybe this will show the Gaga fans that Gaga is indeed copying from Madonna

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbbKsfAp0A&w=640&h=390]

May 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • judeochristian

It's a shame that some interpret this as an attack on 'the church'. Try looking a little deeper and consider the possibility that she is relating a deeper message.....just as 'To Kill a Mockingbird' wasn't at all about killing mockingbirds perhaps there is more to this as well. However in this day and age, most folks need to have things spelled out for them.....and therefore sadly, will never 'get it'.

May 7, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • joelle esther benyayer

for the christian dont know the name is name of kingdom was yehuda in hebreu some got this name like my oncle the signification in hebreu is beautifull not a lot of catholic no the signification that why the mistake wait to ear your song shalom joelle esther benyayer me is more rock miss Gaga like the world is mad is upe side down ear your probably like joelle esther benyayer kisses joey

May 8, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • hawaiiduude

she's just reminding everyone that she's not a joo zionist like most performers today

May 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doodlebug2222

Robin – I agree with you. We cannot simply give the world what it is we have to offer the way WE want it, we have to give it the way THEY want it. Well, I am hoping that Lady GaGa has grown enough so that she can put in a bit of this and that to show the real her. But at the same time the videos are lovely, very well done and I do like the surprises they offer.

May 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • rayolite

gaga is a madonna ripoff.

check out my youtube channel (rayolite) for REAL MUSIC

May 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dillinger

Since when do critics start breaking down music videos? and it's only her videos I see that get so much attention, they aren't that controversial for 1, 2 they always suck, and 3, HER MUSIC IS NOT THAT GOOD! I dont understand all the hype between her and that little aborted fetus looking they call Justin bieber, this country's taste in music is pathetic.

May 8, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bebe

you are sooo right! the first person i thought of when i saw this piece was Madonna. she's trying too hard to be controversial just like madonna; but honestly I'm not impressed.

May 9, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Music is music

I personally enjoyed this music video more than born this way. It had some very nice imagery and dance moves. Though when i came to the discussion board it’s a battle between madonna fans and gaga fans ':-/. What? I thought we were debating whether or not she gave us an entertaining music video or not. Yet, i reading alot of 'Gaga is copying Madonna' or 'Gaga did it so much better than Madonna'. Who Cares, First of all for all you Madonna fans, Every music artist has done a religious song so going off that lady gaga and Madonna both have religious song isn't very good basis to go off of, and for all you gaga fans, religious music videos have been done before, not saying she did an excellent job doing so but it has been done before. Lady gaga may have another meaning behind all the crosses and girded loins but i'm here to enjoy the music and imagery, don't know about the rest of you.

May 9, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  243. Meha

Lol that was very immature, but still funny. I doubt she has one though. I feel like she is trying too hard now. The concept was sacreligious, but kinda half-butt execution, so why bother? If that guy didn't have that Christmas tree tensle crown of "thorns" and they weren't wearing jackets with the 12 apostles names there'd be nothing to talk about. But my only trure geivance is why weren't they wearing helmets? I mean I know he could resurect them but why put him to all the trouble? Her make up was fun though.

May 6, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  244. hehe101

if people ddn't wear helmetsin the 70s why would they in the 0s?

May 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |