Did you guess who got cut from 'Idol' Top 5?
May 5th, 2011

Did you guess who got cut from 'Idol' Top 5?

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

Were you correct?

Tonight's elimination was not a shocker at all. I predicted it earlier, and judging by last night's comments on this blog, lots of you did, too.

So do I even need to ask the question?I will anyway: Did the right person get sent home? Was it time to bid Jacob adieu? Were you surprised by the bottom two?

Speak on it.

1. comfortinprayer

Don’t forget to visit Jon’s Online Journal’s at
    ComfortinPrayer.WordPress .com and at YourKoz.com

May 11, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. comfortinprayer

It's the end of days & the beginning of a new world
    A message from Uncommon Love:
    It's the end of days. Believe it or not you've been living strong through John the Baptist’s prophecy in Revelations. If you have any questions, you can rely on Christ to provide any answers you need if you haven't received them already, please don’t forget the power of prayer and the strength he can provide for you now that he’s here on earth…..

Read our non profit's full message about living during Revelations at http://www.Lyft.me or http://www.Lyft.Us

Don’t forget to contact us with any questions you have or any problems you need fixed. Our organization is dedicated to helping people find a Church that’s perfect for them [we can get you free video of any service world wide], or even a charity that they can offer some money or even volunteer time too.

This message and our websites have been created by a prophetic man named Jon Pierson; as he has been able to be aided by Christ and God. He is currently still dealing with attacks from the devil that have created road block's that are getting in the way of his path towards the life he would want to have and his plans to help other's out. We look forward to meeting with you and hearing your testimony about what you’ve been through and your plans for the future.

Share this comment/website and earn money towards a donation to your favorite charity or Church[$1.00] just make sure the person contacts us with your email address or phone # in order to retrieve your gift. Our email is HelpMet@Live.com our office phone number is 310 Hyped U1 [497 3381] it’s about being high on life and not drugs or alcohol.]

This was brought to you by Uncommon Love [An organization that was founded by Jonathan]

Visit us at http://www.HelpMet.com and http://www.Commonun.com
    Don’t forget to visit Jon’s Online Journal at ComfortinPrayer.WordPress.com

May 11, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. w

Jacob is gross. He pelvic thrusting was disgusting. Deserves to go. All of his soul songs were getting to be the same.

May 7, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Col

I think the way of how many times you can vote for a contestant should change to once.

May 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lori

Haley really should have chosen any other song than the first one she performed. I'm not a Lady G fan and never will be...I find her repulsive. So I guess the upcoming week will be a bummer for me since she's going to be "coaching" the remaining Idol contestants. Maybe I'll watch The Voice....where looks don't matter and the real talent shines through the voice. See you in 2 weeks.

May 7, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. gummiebear

I wasn't shocked at the decision. I enjoy gospel music and Jacob definitely belongs in that genre and he knew it as well. He just needs to have more control of his voice because its not just talent that got him this far but his voice is a gift. Jacob I will definitely be looking for the gospel album soon

May 6, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jennifer

I have respect for Jacob, but I thought he usually oversang the songs. Too many runs and overdramatization. If he just pulled back a little on the dramatics, I would've like him more. He also didn't help himself with being preachy in some of the packages they run before he performs. In any case, American Idol hasn't proven itself to be a great vehicle for R&B singers (i.e. Fantasia, Ruben–even though I think they're way better than Jacob).

May 6, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lettuce Prey

I'm just glad it wasn't Haley. Lopez and Jackson tried to throw her under the bus after her rendition of an as-yet-unreleased Lady Gaga song, which I thought she performed quite well. It seemed deliberate to me.

May 6, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sara

Ditto that Marshall!

May 6, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ally

Lauren should have been gone not Jacob he does have a great voice but so does Pia and she definitely should not have been voted off. Definitely they should not have lowered the age limit the pressure is tough to handle for a teenager. Good luck to all of them and I'm sure your will hear about the one you least except to.

May 6, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MeNBe

I dont know what it was, i just couldnt stand the tone in Jacob's voice, it grated on my nerves. i think he will do better as a gospel singer, no way he can do R & B. Good luck though Jacob. I wish you all the best!

May 6, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marion

Haley has such an ego...and her voice is not special. She has to go home next, then Lauren.

May 6, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lettuce Prey

It takes a strong ego to even try out for that show, much less make it to the top four. Which Idol contestant or winner, past or present, didn't have "such an ego" as you put it?

May 6, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Calico

It's about flippin time. Jacob lasted about 6 weeks longer than he should have. Listening to him sing was torturous.

May 6, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Abel

James needs to go. He was terrible this week. The performance is for the audience not for him, its called show business for a reason. He was so off it was hard to believe that the judges didn't hear how bad it was. And please get over the sob story of "I am doing this for my family" they all are doing it for their families. His responses are so directed and coached by the producers. And good grief the fake thank you's he throws out there. James needs to eat a piece of humble pie.

May 6, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  15. Angie

Simon used to make a comment about the artists being forgettable, even if they were talented. Te only one whose music I'm still singing even weeks later is Haley. This is even when I've enjoyed the other performances. Her songs are just catchy and well sung. When I've gone back and listened to them on iTunes, I was really impressed and even more upset that the judges have been so biased in their "constructive criticism." She is the only one they consistently say anything negative to, yet she's the only one who is the most on pitch and has the greatest range of difficulty (without all of the screaming.) I sincerely hope that she stays in this until the end to prove them wrong.

May 6, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  16. Newme

Jacob shouldn't be last this long. I am sick and bore of his hi-voice. Lauren is good but Haley is unique, she should win.

May 6, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  17. Ron

I think Lauren would do much better if she wasn't afraid to let it go and raise her voice, come on Lauren lets here it, don't be afraid, you can do it, you are only hurting yourself holding back.

May 6, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sammy

Jacob finished strong last night. He held on to that mic as long as he possibly could. I thought they would have to Tase him to get him off stage.

May 6, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. Dee

Well it's about time Jacob went. He had a good voice, but he is better off sticking to gospel singing. The next one to go should be Hailey who is too much in love with herself and growls a lot...the song made her look good the other night. Also she has a bad mouth on her – not for television, and too much in love with herself. Lauren is very sweet and does a great job for a 16 year old. Scotty is okay, but I think the winner will be James who proved that he does other music and not just a rocker...I think it should be between James and Lauren....

May 6, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  20. Stevil

Lauren sang after Jacob twice Tuesday night, and each time showed a skill that Jacob lacks. RESTRAINT. And, by the way, so do all of the rest of the remaining contestants.

There is no song Jacob can't sing, and there is no song won't oversing.

He changed the week he did "Man in the Mirror" – he seemed to have started listening to his own hype.

May 6, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  21. Garry

Jacob SHOULD have left! Next Lauren, then Scotty..James IS the one to beat!

May 6, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  22. Greg

If Haley wins it, then American Idol is over.

May 6, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  23. R

Scotty has a distinctive voice but he's a one-trick pony. Haley out-sings James and is a natural on-stage. Lauren bores me.

May 6, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  24. Jessica

I do not normally comment but read your comments every week. I have a slightly boring job with too much computer time. I have only started watching AI this year because my bf watches it. I was happy to see Jacob go not because he isn't talented but because I would never want to listen to his music. He sang the same thing every week, and although I really liked him some weeks overall I got sick of hearing the same song and him showing off what he was capable of. I get that he can sing but he oversang a lot of the time. I am also sick of hearing about Pia she was also a great singer but who wants to listen to nothing but love songs? The judges warned her people were getting sick of it and she didn't listen. It isn't about who has the best talent it is about what most people want to listen to. Also, please stop saying it was because he was black, just because something happens to a black person doesn't automatically make it a racist situation.

May 6, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  25. GinaR

"Where" you correct? Does anyone proof these before they post? It's "WERE" Where refers to a location, were is a verb.

May 6, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  26. John

It was long overdure for Jacob. They never should gave saved Casey. Jacob was the same week in and week out, he was never criticized for singing the same type song over anf over again. Pia did this and was criticized and did and different song and BAM the next week she was gone. America has got it right the past month, Paul, Stefano, Caset and Jacob all needed to go long ago. I would like ot see James win, but I think it will probably be Lauren.

May 6, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  27. Greg

Oh and she had a little pouch going last night so she shouldn't have worn that see through to the stomach outfit.

May 6, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  28. Greg

I do have to add that I'm not sure there has ever been a more pretentious person than J-lo. I think they should kick her off and make Jimmy Iovine a judge next year. He's pretty straight forward and honest and can make a nice Simon replacement.

May 6, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. Junior

its about time! Jacob started out OK, but progressively got more and more over the top and annoying. The other contestants learned to controls their voices and Jacob’s seems to have lost it. He's always had a borderline annoying sound to his voice and it really came out this week. He often sings like child gagging and trying to regurgitate food off his tongued. He's lucky to have even made it into the top 10.......Unless she goes crazy and pushes herself, Lauren will be gone next week, followed by Scotty and we will have James and Haley in the final. As much as I like James, Haley is just as good at what she does too.......

May 6, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. Rita

In the meantime, it was certainly Jacob's time to go. I would prefer if he was gone before Paul Mcdonald though. James might win, but I have a feeling it will be Scotty. The dude has just too much charisma, he's got kind of this Elvis Presley bearing. Scotty will go very far, there's no question.

May 6, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. Rita

I think they did the wrong thing by lower the age bracket to 15 years. They "tapped" into more talent, but those kids like Lauren are not ready for the pressure. It is not fair to them. In a couple of year they maybe more capable to deal with this, at 15 it's too hard, I think the show may just screw those kids up beyond repair.

May 6, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  32. Akahn

Jacob should have been gone awhile ago actually. He was the sure thing to get voted out tonight though. I would be very surprised if James does not win the whole thing. Right now though they have the best of the originals left. Hailey will probably be next...

May 6, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  33. dtcpr

I don't understand all these people saying that Jacob could outsing everyone, his voice actually aggravated me, if he stopped using his falsetto and used his whole voice it would have sounded so much better. The way he performed, ESP that chris brown/rihanna duet disaster remidned me of a drag performance I saw once, with his weird dance movies and forced voice... SO glad he is gone.... Next week I am voting for Scotty, James and Lauren to GET HALEY OUT

May 6, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Junior

You actually hit it dead on. Jacob was like a bad Drag Queen singing!!!

May 6, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • AJ

He killed the melody on every song he sung – and I don't mean that in a good way. His riffs and falsetto just obliterated the tune to the point I couldn't tell what the hell he was singing. Loud doesn't necessarily mean good. It was annoying to listen to. And he has a very weird personality and he's pretty chubby. I don't see him being a major star.

May 6, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • AJ

every song he SANG :-)

May 6, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  34. Andre C

I knew Jacob was doomed weeks ago. nobody really liked him even though he was a great vocalist. People like Jacob or
    Pia can't win on Idol. No one wants great singers anymore. I mean they would voted off Marvin Gaye or Al Green.
    People don't want true talent anymore. They want Visuals. I mean Flashy lights,Flashy outfits,Lots of dancers jumping
    around. There's so much going on you can't tell if the artist is really singing the damn song. and many times they are not.
    Was Jlo REALLY singing that song lastnight????

May 6, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • AJ

Are you seriously comparing Jacob to Marvin Gaye and Al Green? LMAO! That is hilarious.

May 6, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  35. Greg

Right call although I think he should have been gone even before Casey. Haley's version of House of the Rising Sun was one of the only performances I enjoyed from her, but I think she's next regardless. The final should be Lauren and James. Scotty will have a career regardless, and with him in the finale it will be completely boring (not a country fan and despite what the judges say, he sings all of his songs almost identically).

May 6, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  36. Mark

Watch The Voice – it's so much better than Idol!

May 6, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  37. ImMe

@grannykat- thank you for telling me I "could" recognize talent. Im no pro, but I would say to stuff the cotton balls in your depends. That might work.

May 6, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  38. dogs rule

As the expression goes: "Thank God and Greyhound he's GONE"! Couldn't STAND his squealing any more! That horrible Scott is so in love with himself he should be next! Then Haley and the growling, then little miss cowboy boots!

May 6, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  39. Patrick

I couldnt stand Jacob's voice, I dont know how he made it this far. Haley's probably next.

May 6, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  40. Roger Brough

OK, now that I have had a chance to rewind the entire show and watch it all the way through, Jacob just screamed his songs. That kid making faces at people that try to give him advice, well, that does not fly in my world. You make faces on your time at people. He also just screams songs. The others all should have a chance if they are honest with themselves and their artistry.

They should all demonstrate a little bit of realityism, per se.

And they should all have to sing a tune from the Soggy Bottom Boys!!!

May 6, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  41. Mamby Oliver

Sorry, Jacob, couldn't bear to watch you, bye-bye.
    I do not understand the negative comments about Haley, she is a lovely person with a great voice. Go Haley!

May 6, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  42. Aaron

Did you hear it??? They FINALLY admitted that the "bottom 3" are NOT the lowest vote getters. They admitted it last night when they said that Scotty was "safe" and has never been one of the lowest vote getters, that the "results" (who they show in the bottom 3) is in "random" order. It has always been part of the AI TV drama that everyone bought into. It is time for them to start showing the actual results and/or showing us the actual votes!

May 6, 2011 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Idol Guy

Ahh, Ryan said that Scotty was 'never in the bottom 2' and that the bottom 3 are confirmed in random order, in that the 2 last standing are either bottom and 2nd bottom or bottom and 3rd bottom

May 6, 2011 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

Aaron, that's not what they said at all. They did say Scotty was never in the bottom three, and only once was he up there for the and that was after the numbers got real low. I agree they did that for the drama. If you recall, they never said that was the "bottom three" when Scotty was up there. When they say bottom three, it's bottom three.

May 6, 2011 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Erin

Actually Ryan said that LAST week, the results were in no particular order. He also told Scotty that he had never been in the bottom three at all.

May 6, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  43. Sammy

Jacob left big whoop didn't we all kinda see that coming but i didn't think Lauren should have been in the bottom two. She did amazing on her first song! Personally I hope Haley goes next week.

May 6, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  44. Spellman

What's up with "WHERE you correct?"

May 6, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  45. GCNYC

Haley in Playboy, nice! But wait a minute...isn't she 15? I take it back....Pia in Playboy? now we're talking.

May 6, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  46. mercedes land

Do Americans know what real music means. The best musician and singers have been been voted off; REALLY!
    Now American Idol is no longer interesting to watch; only thing go going for it is Steven Tyler, now he rocks. Randy needs to get over the feather up his..... and Jennefer Lopez too; Please.

May 6, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
    • jack

Ha, Randy never liked Jacob; you could see it in his face and Jennifer was pretending too. Yea, someone who can play many instuments is a Idol aready and Jacob can sing better than James. The kid James only screams; which is not singing. HELLO!
      Casey and Jacob should have been the last two standing. Watch Haley will end up in Playboy Ha.

We don't have a vote now; there is no more American Idol to watch.

May 6, 2011 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
    • PssttCmere

Mercedes.....you hit the nail on the head. Many of those voting are as one-note as Scotty. They do not think outside the box and will not consider any music they aren't used to....Casey was a perfect example of someone underrated. I may not run out and buy his cd's, but the guy is a great musician. Too much self-absorption in the general public. May sound harsh, but it is true. Great music is great music, no matter the genre.

May 6, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  47. Counter

60 million votes casted means only 6 million people voted, or is it even less people, not sure how many votes each caller or texter gets?
    I've watched Idol since it's second season and I've never voted.

May 6, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  48. Granny Kat

@ImMe-you could recognize talent if you had a set of ears that could hear;take the damn cotton out of your ears and stuff it in your mouth!

May 6, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  49. CynicLgrrl

Man...all you lovers of Jacob must be tone deaf or something. I'm sorry..but the man cannot sing in tune. Anyway..regardless of who 'wins'–least they're young enough to go thru vigorous training and manufactured into something infinitely more palatable. As for Jacob–tough deal, dude. Ps..autotune is yer friend, mkay?

May 6, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  50. ImMe

Whats crazy is that 60million idiots vote for these untalented twirps!

May 6, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
    • @ ImMe (the idiot)

What's crazy is that you're commenting at 1:58 am on the Marquee Blogs claiming that your "girlfriend" is in the background... maybe you should go play with "her" instead of going on CNN?

May 6, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  51. Jeff

Okay, I know I'm not crazy. Did anyone else notice that JLo's performance was not live but two different performances spliced together. The back support on the small platform kept disappearing and reappearing whenever the camera changed. Is the show live or not? Go back and watch JLo's performance and look for yourself. That is, if you have a DVR.

May 6, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
    • A

I wasn't paying close attention to the stage, but there was something about J-Lo's performance that wasn't quite right. Her voice didn't sound entirely auto-tuned, but there was something that was making her voice better. I think there was a studio track of herself in the background, and she was singing to it.

May 6, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
    • PssttCmere

Jeff....the real question is, "does anybody really care"? J-Lo has talent and how the entertainment is presented, is just the way of the world now. Live is better, but how often do we get it these days?

May 6, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  52. bundagz

Jacob has talent but not spectacular. He can sing but not captivating.

May 6, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  53. Heather

Really. This is fing lame

May 6, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  54. ImMe

Jlo just lookin for exposure, and tyler w that book! Puhleeease!

May 6, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  55. ImMe

The girl w curly hair is only 1 that can sing! (my girlfriend just yelled that at me)

May 6, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  56. ImMe

Who cares? Let me guess...the black dude??? Racists

May 6, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  57. Roscoe Chait

It was easy to predict that Jacob would be sent home. And I lay the blame at Jimmy's door for the terrible, misguided advice he gave Jacob. In the past, Jacob has ignored him. But this time Jacob did as Jimmy suggested... and you know what happened. Jacob is a sensational singer. He should have been in the top 2.

May 6, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  58. Scott

After the way Lauren was blubbering when she saw she was in the bottom two, I wish it were her who got the boot. That chubby blumpkin's nowhere near as good as Casey or Jacob is.

May 6, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
    • What ever

Some of YOU are sutch A** holes!! I bet your fat lol! If not, you are surely skinny and ugly!

May 6, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Agent

As usual..........most of you show how truly ignorant and silly you all are (Harp.....being the most informed).

You like what you like (I get that, and that's okay)........but what do you all know? Nothing! You do not know what it takes to be successful. It seems that AI does not know either.

This season is one of the worst ever. I am amazed how tone deaf America is, including the judges!!

May 6, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  60. A

I guessed it right. It should have been Lauren to go home (highly overrated in my opinion, along with Haley), but I guessed it right.

J-Lo's performance was horrible. It didn't sound auto-tuned, but there was something there that was making her sound better.

The only good thing about tonight was Scotty's refusal to make everyone on stage feel more like crap than they already were, and a probable even bigger refusal to make himself look like an a**h**e in front of America. I wish many more 17-year-olds were of the same high-quality character as Scotty.

May 6, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Blahzeh blahah

That was an easy decision. He showed his true character during group week when he let his groupmates kick out the fat kid.

May 6, 2011 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  61. Believer

When it gets down to just a few; they are all talented and I hate to see any of them go. I like all who are left and so far America has voted right in my opinion. Very Happy Casey left!

May 5, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Roger Brough

I did't get to see it all, but it would sure be far out if they would match Jacob and Edna from the third season with Steve Tyler and J-LO for a Barbershop Quartet of some of them Soggy Bottom Boys !

May 5, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  63. harp

Most of you guys on here wouldn't know talent if it slapped you in the face. Jacob has more talent in his pinky than the remaining contestants have combined. James is a so so singer, but it appears that they have decided he should win. Scotty is irritating........as every song sounds the same with a country twang. It was clear that the judges thought Jacob was incredibly talented; however, every year the fix is in. The most talented person rarely ever wins.

May 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Nyxxie

Glad Jacob is gone. His voice is not idol material. I hate it, in fact. Sounds nasally and overall congested. Lauren can outsing him anyday! This is about an AMERICAN IDOL not the next Broadway singer – and I can guarantee you that is where Jacob is headed.

Of course Lauren cries, they are friends- closer than FAMILY even, of course she is upset to see anyone go.

May 5, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  65. RavensPIT

Jacob was my favorite, but after last night's performances he deserved to go and he knew it. It's a shame because at one point he looked like he was destined to be in the final two, but lately his song choices had been awful.

Lauren needs to get it together. She is always crying on these elimination shows.

May 5, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Mike

C'Mon Jacob...did you really expect to go to the next round singing Nazareth with someone rocking it out on a harp? Give your head a shake man.

May 5, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Nana

I am so glad Jacob is gone. Kathy I agree. His goofiness made me uncomfortable and I got sick and tired of his gospely voice. He belongs in a choir no more no less!

May 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Ruthie

Jacob should have gone before Casey. I think his were the worst performances last night.

May 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Oldie in TampaBay

The sure got it right tonight! Altho I would have put Haley in the bottom two. Hopefully next week she can find her way out of there.

What a breath of fresh air, tho, this year has been to last! The kids for the most part have all been great & most likely will all have promising careers if they choose it.

May 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. james

thank you America for voting Jacob off. He is very talented but at the same time very annoying for always singing as high as possible all the time. His choice of constantly picking girl songs and the way he moves kind of says something. just wear a dress already.

May 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joyce

so what if he's gay. adam lambert is also gay. and sings high too. bet you voted for adam at least once or at least admit that he can sing just like jacob. jacob might not have the complete package to win american idol but he CAN sing. he was the only one who one of the judges once said that is the best i've ever seen anyone sing on stage.

May 5, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • james

I don't care if he's gay but yes, I think if he's to act so much like a girl that he should wear a dress. I'm sorry but I did not vote for Adam Lambert, actually, I never vote because the votes don't matter anyway – the producers choose who stays or who goes. All you do when you vote is make the producers richer because voting is not free. BTW... I love Elton John as an artist and turns out he's gay; although he is flamboyant, he does not act like a woman.

May 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

James.....so you believe that the producers chose for Pia to go? Sorry, but I find that a little hard to believe.

May 5, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

wait...what? You think the show is fixed, and our votes don't count?! I find that VERY hard to believe. You also thik that they make money off our votes?! Can you explain that one to me? I have been voting since season 3, and I have NEVER been charged for my vote. If you vote with a cell phone than you get charged by the call phone company for your minutes, or for your text vote. Of course this years voting on line is also free...so where is all this monery the show gets for our votes...LOL LOL!

May 6, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

This James guy is one of those conspiracy theorists who hates gays, doesn't think we went to the moon, doesn't think Osama was killed and thinks the president was born in Kenya. Ignore morons like this please.

May 6, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Ben

James, when a man looks at another man, and thinks he is seeing a woman, it says more about the person doing the looking than it does about the one being examined. Now go ask your mommy to buy you a new dress and maybe that will cheer you up.

May 6, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  71. kat

I don't know why he had a breakdown. He should have known it was coming. I love luther V, but never agreed jacob sounded like luther. Right one went home. He should have left LONG ago.

May 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Sunshine Girl *

Glad Jacob is gone. Hes been slipping for a long time. But damn! I really wish it wouldve been Haley. She isnt all that and I wish shed finally realize it. Glad James and Scott were safe. I really want James to win b/c hes my fav but I have a feeling the winners gonna be Scott. Lauren is good too but not good enough to win. Cant wait for the finale! J Lo was good too if you like that type of music.

May 5, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

You know, without a doubt, that the only reason you wanted Haley gone this week was because she essentially punched Lauren in the face with House of the Rising Sun. She threw down a gauntlet that you know Lauren can't live up to, and that scares you. You hate Haley because she isn't as fake and "put on" as Lauren is, or as generic as Scotty, or as "Lambert-ish" as the other guy you're pulling for. You don't know how to handle her, because she isn't pretending to be an existing artist like the other 3 do week, after week, after week. She's just her- take it or leave it, and I'm voting her right in to the finale.

May 6, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • alan

like the judges you are voting on emotions not good singing. this is a singing comp not who can cry the best

May 6, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  73. ali

Jacob was awful last night to sing a great song like LOVE HURTS and make it sound like that he deserves to be gone and he should have been gone along time ago. Of course Jacob would have to put on a show and have a mini break down the guy is not made for the big times

May 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Peace

Jacob was no surprise, but, Lauren in the bottom 2 ??? I hope Haley goes next week ! She's so stuck on herself, I just don't care for her or her singing.

May 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  75. ricky2u

I thought this was Jacob's best week. Sad to see him go. It probably should have been Lauren, although it was one of her best weeks also. But she will be lost in the mix once Idol is over. Hailey is good, "good", and she knows it and shows it, she will not get votes based on "likeability". Scotty will succeed if he can learn to stop tilting his head to the right. James is the best overall package. He has a great voice and a great American Idol story. I would pay to see him perform no matter what he sings. He should win, but I thought Chris Daughtry should have won also. What do I know.

May 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • alan

that is not even a good voice this week. you must have no musical background for such comments

May 6, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  76. claire

Jacob was awful and deserved to go home. I disagree about Lauren. I think Haley believes she is "all that". Lauren was very nervous before the announcement and was just relieved to still be in the game when Jacob was eliminated. Then Jacob had a mini breakdown and they had to go to commercial. What a weirdo!

May 5, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rose

Haley obviously thinks shed the best at everything, but the truth is Lauren has a much better voice. Haley needs to go..

May 5, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonynonanon

Why all the hate for Haley? Did you know that she helped all the contestants to learn the Beatles songs instead of just focusing on her own song? Her school teachers said she was kind and generous? Some writer who used to diss her said that she actually turned out to be intelligent and very down to earth?

And maybe after 10 weeks of getting slammed for the tiniest thing when other people get PRAISED for being off-pitch you start to get hit and hurt by it and get a touch defensive, but even still she stays collected and is always like what'll be will be and if she is so arrogant why does she always act like she thinks she is getting voted off and yet some other contestants have gotten hissy if they land bottom three and even more defensive looking if they hear criticism (which is almost never)?

where does all the hate come from?

and at least she is by far mostly on key something that jacob and james have really been missing a LOT lately

May 6, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason

I'm sorry, were you not watching when Haley kicked every other contestant in the face with House of the Rising Sun? Though cheesy, she did the same thing with Benny and The Jets.
      Jacob deserved to go home, because he was the worst of the night.
      Going by the performances this week, James deserved the Bottom 3. While he's been good many other times, this week was not one of those times. Fake tears didn't move me when Jacob did it, and I'm never moved when James does it.
      Lauren was bad this week (and not just because she happened to sing my least favorite song in the history of music).
      Scotty is OK, but there is nothing unique about him (except his ability to sound exactly like 40 existing country artists).
      Haley is catching so much flack, because she's the only one without a fake persona. James is no rocker. It's just something he can do. He does not have the personality, or character to support it. Scotty is generic, and boring. Jacob was trying too hard to not be himself, and it showed (you know what I mean- give us another shoulder shimmy!) Lauren needs to go big, or go home. She sounds like she's got something in there, but she's too afraid to let it out (oh, and the silly country girl vibe was done already- to perfection I might add- Pickler). Haley is just Haley. She's not trying to be a rocker, or George Straight, or Whitney Houston, or Carrie Underwood – like the other 4. She gets my vote until the finale!

May 6, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Dawn

I will have to agree. Haley does need to go next. And it is about time for Jacob. With the outfits and the face expressions I could not handle. Thank god for DVR's so I can fast forward his singing as well as Haley. She should have left long ago. So I just cannot wait til next week to see her go!!!!

May 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Idol fan

They hate Haley because she has terrific legs.

May 7, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  77. kathy1

Way overdue. Every performance was the same gospel like performance. He can have a perfectly good career singing gospel music if he can lose the weird facial expressions.

May 5, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • s

You said exactly what I was thinking. I got tired of watching him.

May 6, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Becky

Ditto. I cannot believe he outlasted Casey. Every performance was similar and gospel-sounding. There is definitely a market for that type of genre ... but not on american Idol.

May 6, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • lucy

Thank you! I felt that I was the obly one that could not stanf this guy. He was painful to watch and painful to listen to. I think he has a great career as a drag queen. His screetching caused my parrot to scream every time he sang; it was too funny.

May 6, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Keoki

Come on now Rich... wouldn't you do the same if the career that is about to happen slip right out of your hands.... Right now is the time to say goodbye to him. He should have gone a long time ago I would say... I do not like how he sing... and he also disrespected Jordin Sparks as well as Chris Brown with the way he sang "NO AIR"... what a disgrace....

May 5, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Tallulah

I think James should have been eliminated, but between Jacob and Lauren, I wish she had been eliminated.Jacob could out
    sing her even on his worst day. I knew he would be eliminated when I heard the judges comments last night. They threw him under the bus.

May 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joyce

absolutely, no one in there can come to jacobs level singing wise. i mean that guy can sing. it's unfortunately i think what doomed him is they're looking for the 'idol package'. which is really a shame. he can out sing anyone in there that is remaining. too bad him and casey are out. 2 of the best i'd have to say. they might as well give it to james now. haley's been lucky so far but definitely not consistent. she'll be out next if not lauren. i'm predicting a james and scotty final.

May 5, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • marshall autry

Thank God and Greyhound!

May 5, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

Sorry–but I'm a professional vocal coach and have spent this season cringing every time Jacob sings. He is off-key nearly 100% of the time. His voice persistently is sharp, just slightly above the correct note. It's been absolutely painful to listen to him. What a shame, too, because he has great breath control, showmanship, and the ability to do complex runs, etc. Not to mention a lot of heart. Too bad he just can't seem to get on key.

May 6, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Is your short and valuable time on earth worth it to waste your brain cells on this garbage? Americans don't know who Osama is but they certainly know who's on idol or the cast of twilight. Meaningless.

May 6, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Col

Jacob can sing?????? LOL

May 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  80. RIch

Lauren should have been the one, the one ungrateful one left. Notice how she was the only one smiling on one camera shot, then when the camera got to her she stopped and pretended she was sad for Jacob. What a fake!!!!!!!!! Go Hailey beat out Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 5, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • JD

You've got to be an idiot.

May 5, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Did anyone notice that JLo's performance was not live but two different performances spliced together. The back support on the small platform kept disappearing and reappearing whenever the camera changed. Is the show live or not? Go back and watch JLo's performance and look for yourself.

May 6, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

You must have been watching a different show, because what I noticed was that she looked nervous the entire time last night, and tears kept welling up in her eyes. I didn't see anything face about her emotions at all.. I am a Haley fan, but I don't think Lauren to be ungrateful or fake.

May 6, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Junior

Dude, she's 15 and scared crapless. Its clear she really is VERy uncomfortable and too immauture to be up there. She can sing as good as any of them, but at 15 she's just not mentally tough enought to be up there handling the pressure.

May 6, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • John Lubeck

Lot of things to reply but, I'll just repeat what someone else said "you're an idiot".

May 6, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

It didn't notice that, but even if so...so what? I would be happy I wasn't eliminated either, and then sorry for the person who was. I don't think the first emotion should be for the person who got cut, especially when, at this point, they're all going to make a lot of money, and if they play their cards right, have long and illustrious careers.

May 6, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  81. Sarah

What does him being fat have to do with anything? A lot of great singers have been overweight. No matter the size of the person, they are still people. Do you remember Ruben Studdard won season 2 of AI and he was very overweight? I am appalled at your ignorance and hatred. What is wrong with people? It's a shame that people think like you do.

May 6, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |