Cheryl Cole joins 'X Factor' as judge
May 5th, 2011

Cheryl Cole joins 'X Factor' as judge

This news isn't new, but it is finally confirmed.

As previously speculated, British pop star Cheryl Cole is the latest judge to board "The X Factor" train. Cole currently serves as a judge on the hit U.K version of Simon Cowell's show and will join already announced judges for the U.S. version, Antonio "L.A." Reid and Cowell, when it kicks off in the fall.

“I’m so excited to be taking part in the American version of 'The X Factor,'" Cole said in a statement from Fox. "I absolutely love it here in the U.K., and with the talent they have out in America, I’m sure we’re going to find someone very special. I can’t wait to get started.”

Cole, a former member of the successful British female band Girls Aloud, is a platinum-selling solo recording artist in the U.K. who was herself discovered via a reality television talent show, "Popstars The Rivals," which aired in the U.K. in 2002.

Cowell had a few words of praise for Cole.

“I’m thrilled for Cheryl," he said in a statement. "She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with. She is also a complete brat! Most importantly, this girl can spot talent.”

1. three piece suits

Hi I'm so thrilled I ran across your site, I truly identified you by accident, while I was seeing on yahoo for another thing, Anyways I'm below now and definitely prefer to say say thanks to for a great post as well as a at all times enjoyable blog. Please do maintain the truly amazing function.
    three piece suits http://www.suits-store.com

October 27, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. yzsswmyc

Ab6D6Z eunqcgmwtiso

December 2, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. bpbwgolqxg

jx6uEo xwgejxqhrzxx

November 28, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Johnelle

Surprisingly well-written and inrofmaitve for a free online article.

November 26, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Clare

I am from the UK. And the majority opinion over here is good riddance to someone who has no talent but is judging talent and a history of assault. Her popularity in the UK took a steep downfall about a year ago. Good luck to the Americans trying to understand her geordie accent :p

May 22, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lisa

Who is she????

May 6, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Amy

Seriously Simon? This is what we waited all these months to hear? Cheryl Cole? Until now I was looking forward to this show.

May 6, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. tash

Simon doing this untalented woman favours.how can she judge talent when she doesn't have any herself?the show is going to fail!

May 5, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Come On

she Has a criminal record.
    why not just let anyone into your country that has a criminal record?

Cowell has had more than a few words of praise for her.
    Its hard to tell whos up whos @ss the most.

Dannii has more talent than Tweedy. Id much rather see her do the X factor US than this broad.
    The only reason why Tweedy got the job in America is cause she sucked so much d!ck. It took her almost 4 years to get in the states to try to "make it" I hope she flops hard cause she doesnt have a job back in the UK for the X Factor & I doubt "If" GA gets back together the other girls wont want her.
    too bad she has to leave her accent behind along with her own judgment of look/style. Since fox has the right to say yes or no if she wants to change her appearance.

she just wants to be Nadine so badly.
    I still say her crappy albums suck and shes just as generic as they come.

May 5, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Michael Aaron Calaizzo

this addition will benefit the show.

May 5, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. American Patriot

flaming weiner toucher

May 5, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Rafael

Wicked is so fantastic, I saw it on sutraday and I'm still buzzing from it, it was just so amazing. especially Rachel Tucker, her voice is unbelievable. We went to see Lee mainly (he sort of stole our pen again. he did that at Arthur Saville's Crime too but at least he brought it back both times) but even if he wasn't in it the show it would still be the one to see.

April 27, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jennifer Gardner

Wohoo! I guess this means we should expect one or two of the following judges from the UK X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent to join the USA X Factor’s judging panel as well and crack America:
    Dannii Minogue, Louis Walsh, Amanda Holden, Michael Mcintyre