Steven Tyler wants Depp to play him in a movie
May 4th, 2011

Steven Tyler wants Depp to play him in a movie

He's played a pirate, a candymaker, a mad hatter and a boy with scissorhands, but could Johnny Depp play a rock star? We may find out, if Steven Tyler gets his way.

The Aerosmith frontman tells Billboard he would want the actor to play him in a movie based on his new autobiography, "Does The Noise in My Head Bother You?: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir."

Though a biopic isn't in the works just yet, Billboard wondered which star could best capture Tyler's charisma.

"Oh, probably Johnny Depp," he said. "I've been hanging out with him lately; we're planning on writing a song together. He asked me, he said, 'I want you to come over' — he's got a studio here in L.A.— 'and see if I'm playing "Seasons of Wither" right.' I said, 'Y'know what, Johnny? No matter how you play it, it's gonna be right. It's a beautiful thing.'"

The "American Idol" judge added that he decided to tell his tale of sex, drugs, and rock and roll now because it gave him the chance to show his fans the man behind the music.

"Why not share with the world the way it is and tell them my feelings about my cat, and how I played with my kids, and how addicted to Christmas time I am, and the smell of pine needles and hearing my kids laugh," he said. "I don't think people know that side. They just read about the greasy, grimy gopher guts side of Aerosmith."

1. jeff

Matthew Gray Gubler could play him the guy from Criminal minds

December 10, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. hobojo

There is no one as gross looking as Tyler. He looks like hell. He should of been a Rolling Stone!!!!!!!!!!

May 6, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Feeniegal

J Depp please say NO.

May 6, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. jack-be-quick

Steven Tyler might have great music but he looks like he has had the hell beat out of him with the ugly stick. It would take hours of a make-up team to make Johnny Depp ugly enough to play the part of Steven Tyler.

May 6, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jean-Luc

He should get Janice from Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem to play him.

May 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sunshine Girl

What street are you on!?!I been looking around for hours!!I am needing a man to marry!!@B lo me how is your day?:)

May 5, 2011 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. PIrate Girl

If they do another Pirates sequel...I think Steven Tyler should play Jack Sparrows' Uncle! That's what I'm talking about! Yeah!

May 4, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Evel Knivel

I think animals would do mighty fine in this movie!!I donate so much money to animals from my paychecks that I had less than quater left!!Now I live on the street with Beautiful Vixon and Head Diva In Charge.They are actually men that got surgery to be women.But they love the idea of being a women.Sunshine Girl just got surgery to be a women so be nice on the manshe for me.(;

May 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Superhiro

Their both HOT!!I would love to see him in a movie!!What a fine a$$ they have!!All of the g@ys can call me at 1-804-222-3226 . @ person hacking my account and saying I am not g@y and I am the hacker needs to refrain from CNN.com and The Marquee Blog!!

May 4, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bobby Fontaine

Sorry about one of my last comment(s)!!Please dont download the video and if you did the police are tracing you and you are going to be arrested!!I am so sorry if you did!!This is the last comment I will write until I am out of jail.But I guess we may meet in jail.But at least there is the hackers that will keep my name alive (maybe).For further questions call me at 1-804-222-3226. Sorry ):

May 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Peace

Jillmarie, I so agree with you! Depp would play a great Tyler! I know just what you mean about Tyler on AI, also! Just a "beautiful" thing!!! Good eve to ya!

May 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jemma

Stephen Tyler wants Johnny Depp to play with him ? That is just gross ! I didnt know they are homers.

May 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. keldoran

Hey!!!..Be nice!

May 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jillmarie

Johnny Depp would be awesome portraying a rock star! The more I watch Idol, the more I see what a great soul Steven Tyler has. Yes, Johnny's way more handsome, but I'd love the movie.

May 4, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lucygal

Couldn't agree with you more, jillmarie. Johnny would be amazing as Steven Tyler..I hope it happens!

May 5, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bobby Fontaine

just released – “Steven Tyler’s Secret Past” is an absolute must read. This just released true to life non-fiction thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat taking you into the dark world of Steven Tyler, the Mafia bosses who managed his career, and the very strange tactics used to deploy Aerosmith to the top of the world’s rock and roll scene. It’s a story of struggle and hardship, and overcoming great odds against enemies who’d stop at nothing to get their way. A few simple mistakes at the beginning of his career and Steven was in over his head caught between the CIA and his own Sicilian roots.,,,,,,,

free download – http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/BobbyFontaine

May 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Harry Ball

There is no way Johnny Depp would stoop that low.

May 4, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Mondongo

Man, Barbara Streisand is looking old!

May 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Evel Knievel

They should get either a middle aged woman or a monkey to play him. Perhaps both because that's what he looks like.

May 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Peter Wassburg-New Orleans

this could be good movie.

May 4, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Michael Calaizzo-American

Depp should play this great man.

May 4, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Not again

Will this old Fogey just go away.

May 4, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |