'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Jesse James adding insult to injury?
May 4th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Is Jesse James adding insult to injury?

Sandra Bullock’s ex-husband Jesse James is on a wild media tour this week, talking openly about the details of his split from his Oscar-winning wife.

In his new memoir, “American Outlaw,” James reveals very personal details about how he admitted his affair to Sandra and watched helplessly as she broke down in sobs.

Here's what we're asking today: Why is James writing about such private stuff? Is he just trying to make a buck? James tells ABC’s "Good Morning America" today, “I can’t worry about her anymore… it’s time to make sure I’m happy.”

I think he would've done well to clamp it when it comes to the intimate details about his split. The more he keeps talking, the deeper he digs himself in.

So what do you think? Is Jesse James adding insult to injury? Tell me here.

Other stories we are fired up about on the show today…

Shania Twain reveals why she lost her golden voice after her divorce, and "Showbiz Tonight" can exclusively reveal the names Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon picked for their newborn twins!

See you tonight at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. AliGirl15

He just proved what everyone knew all along- He is trash.

May 10, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. janetdaley

Yes to whom made the comment on me about cheating, i have cheated on boyfriends in the past not ashamed of it either. I was not married nor engaged and did not lead anyone on into thinking i wanted anything serious. u sound like a boring goody two shoes but that is ur right im married now and both very commited to each other. But as for Jesse,Kat,and Sandra let them be. http://bit.ly/jKoLx2

May 8, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jona

He is a turd who peddles turd.

May 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. G

Low-Class. Just what you'd expect. You don't see Bullock going around touting what a d-bag this guy is. He took the low road for sure.

May 6, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Karen

Even with money at his disposal, Jesse's a white trash loser. His poor kids..... :-(

May 6, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bob

Well. He was pretty badly maligned across the board by everyone. So I don't think it's fair to say he came out unscathed. Sure, it was all his fault, but we all do stupid stuff – not sure we would want to be judged by every single person in the world for it. I'm not condoning it – I'm just saying.

May 6, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. lzgiam

Classless way to make $$$ – No self respect or respect for someone he once claimed to love. Completely unnecessary.

May 6, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. RamblinRosie

This dude is an attention junkie. Even bad attention. Ms. Bullock moved on with her beautiful baby. Good riddance to bad trash.

May 6, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. NY Gracie

"Anymore"........ANYMORE!?!?!?! Really.......REALLY???? Did he actually go there?? So when did he actually START worrying about her????? Am I overstating the obvious here?

May 6, 2011 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Norma

He is trashy, cheater, and dangerous... He used Sandra Bullock's fame and money, just to get a show and make money for himself. I am very happy for Sandra; she is better off without him. A disgusting man has found what he deserves: a disgusting trashy woman.

May 5, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rexa

He must be such garbage that Sandra obviously hasn't wasted a single breath even mentioning his name... at all.

May 5, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Nacho Mama

"I can’t worry about her anymore… it’s time to make sure I’m happy." Jesse James on his ex-wife Sandra Bullock. It seems to me this is what Jesse was thinking just prior to the affair.

May 5, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. theresa

Really? when did he STOP thinking about himself? Seems to me that is all he has done all along.

May 5, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. wickedcricket

He is an ass from ass-land & she is WELL RID OF HIM ~ she can thank her lucky stars she didn't wind up with HIV or something – goodbye James, you fame seeking nobody – maybe you can join charlie sheen on tour – ASS & ASS inc

May 5, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. anna

I dont know why anyone one who is in the acting profession gets married. Very few can stay true to one partner.
    Lets face it the morals in Hollywood dont exist.

Its time Sandra got rid of the hang dog look about her and get on with her life. She is not the only one whose marriage has broken up.

And I agree with one comment above, she is a mediocre actress.

As for Jesse he has no taste anyway.

May 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • mehma

She hasn't had a dog look she moved on with her life; bought a baby and went on a bunch of vacations with her friends. Don't be mean because no one has been willing to pay for your mediocre acting. Somebodies gonna love you one day....maybe.

May 6, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  16. Em

Cheating is wrong, there is NO way to justify it. I think its horrible what he did to her. He is the ugliest guy I have ever seen, inside and out!

May 5, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Walmart.com/clothes/sales

Sandra buys all her clothes here at Walmart.com.She said she is on a budget so she cant get designer clothing.She said it was wasted on chocolate and bubble gum.We find that childish.No offense Sandra.

May 5, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  18. Reflect

Wow. If I were Kat, I'd feel pretty concerned that my fiance still must profile his relationship with his ex to the media/world a month or two before our wedding...Sounds to me like he isn't over Sandra (whether it is love or power) and Kat isn't mature enough to call him on it. If she is indeed his friend, I think she might give him the space to get over her before tying the knot. But now that I think about it, I don't think Jesse understands what friendship really is. Perhaps Kat can teach him; I just hope he isn't using her just to soothe his wounded pride.

May 5, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  19. Hawke

I don't really want to know anything about Jesse & Sandra's marriage or their divorce. I want to know why Jesse insists on wearing that ridiculous hat and does he REALLY think he looks good in it? He looks like Curly of the three Stooges.

May 4, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clete

Please don't insult Moe, Curly or Larry by comparing them with Jesse James. They had more class.

May 6, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  20. AnnieB

I know that Inon of use knows the people involved in this saga personally, except Jesse's contrite Mom,of course, but Ms Bullock is not only my favorite actress but seems a genuinely kind soul. Jer ex spouse on the other hand is a pathetic excuse for a human being; you 'can't worry about her any more' ? Obviously you never did, you Sir are a class A jackwad and when your tatooed D-lister dumps you as she has done to all her other beaus I hope you enjoy your long and very lonely life.

May 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Jesse's Mom

Sandy was wonderful girl & wife to my knothole son. I was young & I'm sorry I dropped him on his head those times. Academy Award vs Ink & Needles. Hollywood vs Hood. Go figure. Abortions were illegal back then, but I shoulda found a backalley Doc, just there aren't too many alleys around the trailer park. Again, sorry.

May 4, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. keldoran

There's a lot of dumb out there!

May 4, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Artimus

@ keldoran.

"Lot of dumb out there" You should know butt wiper!! *POOT* <–right in your FACE!

May 5, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  23. Virginia

THis man is an idiot slime-ball who, like so many other ones these days, is being rewarded with money and publicity for being that way. Surely your question of whether his book and comments are adding insult to injury s rethorical??

May 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Bareback Obaama

here's what I'm asking today.

why do you ask such stupid questions?

of course he's looking to "make a buck."

I cant believe people actually call into this show to answer such dumb questions.

May 4, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  25. T

and id be happy kicking the s*it out of you. sandra is so awesome and a sweetheart and to be corrupted by you....ill never understand why she went to the trailer park but she did.

you are a real piece of crap jesse. i hope you never are happy. i hope your d*ck rots off and you get the gout in your face

May 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ga Peach

And how would Igor know this!!!

May 4, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Ga Peach

CNN has to be monitoring my comments so I will be nicer! Sounds like Don Amos is jealous because he can't eat them. Sandra is a beautiful women but I understand that some of you guys don't want a woman who takes baths every day as you are PIGS!!

May 4, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ga Peach

And how would Himey know! I wouldn't be too sure about Jesse's masculinity! Sandra just went slumming for awhile and is now back to her senses! I think Himey and Capt America should hook up and give each other BJ's.

May 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Capt America

Jesse James is one of the coolest with one of the coolest girls on the planet. Bullock is a meely mouth little squat turd.

May 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lola

JESSE JAMES EPITOMIZES THE TERM "WHITE TRASH." What a sick, twisted sadist he is. He has the nerve to say, "Kat has my back," after Sandra said it at the Oscars about him, but all the while this guy only had his own back, and was lying on it, screwing any piece of tatted up trash he could. Sigh..... he's so disgusting. I can't wait until his bad karma REALLY catches up with him.

May 4, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Igor

Bullock is a whiney, mediocre actress and was a terrible wife for Jesse. America sweetheart...*TEWY*

May 4, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. shoshie

He is one big fat jerk! I wish he would just go away forever. Sandy is better off without him.

May 4, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Royal Jelly

Sandra will never recover from being dumped by Jesse because she is ugly, mousy and cant act and stupid. Jesse is THE MAN!

May 5, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  33. Michael Calaizzo Sr.

He is a good man.

May 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Michael Calaizzo

We know Jesse will get his act together.

May 4, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jemma

I agree with you. Tattooed ladies belong in the carnival sideshow. They are just trashy and gross.

May 4, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Inked Girl

Careful Jemma, not all of us tat girls are trashy and gross. I hold down a very well paying 9-5 job, pay all my bills myself and am a memeber of the PTA at my children's school. I've been a single mom for 6yrs now, own my vehicle, house and work very hard to make sure my children are raised to have poise, grace and class.
      To lump us all in with the trailer park trash that Jessie cheated with is wrong and makes me think less of your childish ideals. Grow up and stop judging people that have ink. I see more trashy people without ink than I do with.
      What Jessie did was wrong and to now brag about what he did.... a gentleman he is not. "His time to be happy", please, it was always "his time to be happy". You took a vow on your wedding day, if you wanted to break that vow then you should have gotten a divorce first! Plain and simple. It doesn't matter who he cheated on her with or what they looked like. No amount of beauty or lack thereof makes it ok...so the arguement that they were hotter than Sandra is pointless and shows what kind of people they are.
      People need to start remembering what it means to be a gentleman or a lady...and what it means to take your vows seriously. If you can't, then don't get married!!!

May 6, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiggs

Ya, come on Jemma. How are you making that leap? How very closed-minded and ignorant of you.

May 6, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  36. MyMyMy

He found & is gonna marry someone more suited to him. Sandra Bullock is just not a good fit to him. The girl he's marrying has a tatt shop- LA Ink. SB is better off w/o him!

May 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. TED

YEAH ! He is a trashy tattoo person. A scuumbag.

May 4, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Double J

Oh but if it were Sandra revealing details then all you buttholes would be slapping her on the fanny and saying "Yeah Sandy...you go girl" and all that other jive.

BottomLine...JJ slept with one of the hottest fems around, BombChell and now gonna marry Kat Von Dee. WAY TO GO JESSE!!

May 4, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • B

The difference is, she is the one who got crapped on by him. If she wants to tell the world what d-bag he is, than she has every right to. For him to talk about her just confirms his d-baggery. "I can't worry about her anymore... it's time to make sure I'm happy." Really, dude? Sounds like you never worried about anything but your own happiness in the first place. If roles were reversed and she was the one who cheated, than by all means, spill the beans to your heart's content. But that ain't the case here.

May 4, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • M

@double J ,,,, ahahaha bombshell one of the hottests girls around????????????????? bwahahahahahaha buddy, I am sorry for you.
      Jesse James, I used to like you. but now youre just a sorry regretful little person who is trying to maintain yourself in the media! It is not working so well is it, you almost wish you havent done what you did huh????????
      Kat von D is not half of what Sandra is. JJ knows that!

May 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • sunshine

Jesse – is that you? Cause you are the ONLY one man who would think these girls are "hot".

May 4, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sebastian Van Goober

Im gonna have to agree with Double J on this one. MichelleBombChell is hot and so it Kat Von. Bullock is just a plain jane imitator. In most of her movies she plays silly parts, is all mousy looking, cute, sugary sweet and way to FAKE.

Go home Sandra!! Just go home.

May 5, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • mrs magee

I agree with B. While it's not all that mature to spill details (and what self-respecting human would want the world to know their most humiliating moments unless they just wanted the attention, good or bad?)to begin with, the one who got screwed over has the right to spill it. Although having been in that situation, I was too embarrassed to tell anyone. JJ just has diarhea of the mouth.

May 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2BorNot2B

Double J...He knows that Sandra has more class than that...he only wrote the book to make money...he stopped worrying about her when he had the affair! But you know what...Sandra will survive this too! With more class that this butt head will ever have!

May 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • DCH

Bottom line is: "that dog hunts." He'll keep on hunting because he doesn't have a compassionate loving bone in his body. It's all what someone else can do for him, not what he can add to the partnership. Crawl back under that rock dude!

May 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  39. t

seems to me you escaped the trailer park as he did. hows that real low iq doing

May 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |