Star Jones: I don't hang out with people like NeNe
May 3rd, 2011

Star Jones: I don't hang out with people like NeNe

Star Jones’ tiff with “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star NeNe Leakes seems to be aiming for the title of most heated as Jones moved the mud-slinging to “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Tuesday.

And if she seemed tame in her recent on-camera spat with Leakes, Jones says there’s a reason for that.

“I was thinking my grandmother is going to watch this,” Jones told DeGeneres. “[I was thinking] Star, if you don’t stand in the space you were raised in and if you start acting ghetto your entire family, every teacher you ever had, your pastor, his wife and their Mama is going to have a big problem with you.”

It turns out she was also thinking about a few survival tips.

“I was thinking I need to keep calm because...when you're confronted in the wild with an uncaged animal you’re supposed to retreat,” Jones said. “You’re not supposed to attack.”

When DeGeneres clarified that if that animal happens to be a bear, one should actually attempt to appear larger, Jones quipped, “If you can tell me how to get bigger than that, I got money for you….”

The ladies, Jones said, have not mended their relationship.

"Well, the lawyer in me would say, we were not friends before, we were clearly not friends during, we are not friends after,” Jones said. “I don’t know that girl and I don’t hang with people like that.”

Filed under: television

1. jennie

NeNe is the kind of woman they want people to see on these reality shows,all black women are not loud and every other word out her mouth is a cussing word. She is not how in any way or form a lady. Please let her 15 min. be over!

May 11, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SUZE

Star Jones showed her true color on the View and now again on the Apprentice. Trump is letting it ride because he wants ratings, can't blame him. We watch because we know or have at least an idea of what is expected to happen. As for NeNe, she is a typical woman that knows Star's history and in being exposed has a short fuse. I am sure in their heart of hearts The Ladies on the view are cheering NeNe on for a piece of Star. Stars ambition is to sell her recent book that blasts those that know the true meaning of Star. Nighty Nite Star, time for your glow to go dark. Star Jones you are FIRED! AGAIN!

May 9, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. lori

Star likes to sing the I ..I...I song. If you notice. Most of her sentences began with that letter. A person who is as great as Star professes to be, doesn't have to keep reminding everyone how wonderful she is. NeNe needs to go to night school and anger management on the weekends.

May 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. clara

Star thank God for your education. You are a real model for America to see with respects to Black Women. Trump has gone to an all time low, when he reached in the bottom of the barrel and pulled out Nene. Star's continued dignity shows all America that like any race of people that experiences shape the demeanor of a person. Star I rank you right up there with First Lady Michele Obama. Trump is only trying to raise his ratings allowing Nene to portray herself as the New aggressive Stepping Fetchard and Saphire on Amos and Andy. The sad thing is, Nene, bless her heart, does not even understand how she is being exploited. After the show, it would be good for Star to go on a campaign promoting education among Black women. Nene's behavior is an example of why a lot of Black women fail. In watching this progtram, understand there are two dynamics going on. The game, which demands calulated strategies and cunning must be played to win the game. But cultural civility and proper public conduct should be maintained at all cost.. What Nene is brining to the forefront is vulgar and low life.; Ice Tea type entertainment.

May 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Since when has star been civil? She's condescending, egotistical, selfish, and ruthless. Not qualities I want my daughter to emulate. You can be a strong, confident woman without mowing everyone down in your path.

May 9, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lisa

Yes, Star Jones is educated; yes Star Jones was calm but if you notice she's also a selective coward. She pretends to sit back while she is really propelling the other women to their eventual firing. NeNe is loud, can be very obnoxious but one thing I can appreciate about her is she will call you on your duplicitious ways. How she does it makes us forget about what the issue is and focus on her behavior, if she wouldn't do that and just stick to the facts then we would respect her more.

Please remember we don't know exactly what happens on the show, we only see what they allow us to see and I have not liked Star Jones for quite some time now especially since she had practically her whole wedding sponsored for free and how she departed from the show. She is calculating, she's lost her weight and lost who she really is and is willing to sell anyone out to get to the next level. I just like Marlee Matlin now but I hope NeNe takes a look at her delivery and changes.

Star Jones' comments however about educated women vs. "the others" is so disgustingly rude and snobbish because I'm sure not everyone in her family is educated and it was such a smear – crooked politician – give me your vote but don't talk to me.

May 6, 2011 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. rita

i have always loved star jones from way back. she's smart and not a liar like miss thang jackson says and shouldnt say those things about lawyers because she knows and has hired lawyers for legal problems.ne ne is a big bully just like jackson said and nene hasnt changed.obnoxious, abusive and rude and she gives women a bad name!!!!

May 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. domino1

omg – I don't have a life. I'm reading this crazy blog. I really need to go back to work. You folks need to get a life.

May 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MyMyMy

Trump probably likes them. All 3 of them should go "fishing" with OBL !

May 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. pkrstar

I wonder if her gma and pastor were watching when she straight up LIED about having gastricbypass surgery on tv?? The only reason Trump hasn't fired these two idiots is because he wants ratings!

May 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Evel Knievel

Star is so fat she doesn't have to appear to be bigger than anything. She already is bigger than most things.

May 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marjorie Mezvinsky

Life is a wonderful Journey and Star is my hero!

May 4, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael Calaizzo-American

Star is a role model to many of us.

May 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Michael Caliizzo-American

We are proud of Star.

May 4, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nuknuk

She drags her knuckles when she walks and throws doo doo whenever she sees herself in a mirror. She is HIDEOUS. She is an obese, ebonic speaking dumbJiggaboo.

May 4, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. Andi

Your Ex Al sure likes to hang out with the Basketball wives though. Chick please get over yourself. I'm sure you are just purrrrrrfect.

May 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  16. Buzz

Wow. I thought NeNe was a major low-life, until I read these comments. She sure has plenty of colleagues here.

May 4, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jo

Nene is one of the reason's black men stop dating black women. She's rude obnoxious and has a voice that's worse then nails on a chalk board. She think's her actions are endearing, but the fact of the matter it makes you hate her even more.

May 4, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lisette

ELLEN is so DAMN UGLY!!!

May 4, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. Bess

Who in the hell cares?? They are disgusting!!

May 4, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  20. rolyat

Right behind you Star. Nene Leakes is a big fat loud mouthed trailer trash heifer. And Nene knock it off with that blond hair.
    You are not white.

May 4, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sunshine Girl *

Both of them are on the same level if you ask me. Too much airtime is spent on who is better. If either one of them were ladys at all they wouldnt be arguing a point like that in puplic.

May 4, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  22. Nurse Mary

Nene Leakes is a joke. People are definately laughing at her. Star's an educated lawyer and has nothing to prove to Nene.

May 3, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. club

thanks to everyone for your love!

May 3, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Party http://www.partyregistry.com/

hell yeaah!

May 3, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bozo

it really party for me )

May 3, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Nightclubber

She is acting just as some folk expect her to act. You are 100% correct to not stoop to her level.

May 3, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Stars Fupa

Whats that odor comming from down there!

May 3, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. c richards

Hey Star...if you were so educated as you say you are, you wouldn't be saying things on the Ellen Show like "popo" and "dey mama".

May 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  29. A. Howard

Good for you Starr! Nene is acting just as some folk expect her to act. You are absolutely correct to not stoop to her level.

May 3, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  30. @N

we really dont care about who u hang out with star.look at ur large a$$!!

May 3, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Skadie

Hey Star Jones,

You look healthier with the weight on you. I say you are at the perfect size now, at first you were looking sickly, like you lost to much weight.

I use to like NeNe, but she is ghetto as they come. Why are people giving her all this airtime. She needs to go back to college to learn how to be a lady first. Glad you did not stoop to her level.

May 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Elizabeth Morrisey

What hypocrisy on the part of Star Jones - "I don't hang out with people like Ne Ne" but yet she is willing to belittle herself on Celebrity Apprentice. Your contradictions are overwhelming. Jones has become a "bottom feeder" who will pander to any audience or television show to get some ratings. It's tough trying to get another chance isn't it Star! Save your hypocrisy for someone who does not see through your game!

May 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. KKKKKATIE

I think it's a little late for Star Jones to worry about acting ghetto! Both of them act awful and have no breeding or manners. Star can't seem to get along with anyone. :-(

May 3, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Denise

Well, neither one is a prize, but at least Star doesn't act as obnoxious and LOUD and RUDE as NeNe. NeNe is getting way to much airplay. Star had her big time and has receeded into the background where she works best.

May 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  34. smelly joe

yeah i bet that neenee is a durty mormon !

May 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Marie

Star Jones sucks! She is an evil, mean-spirited person. I only watched one episode but couldn't stand her before and still can't stand her now. It's no wonder Barbara WaWa fired her.

May 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Rexa

She should've just summarized that long explanation and just say she only hangs out with herself.

May 3, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  37. NeneL

You evil fat lady..., lol

May 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  38. SmarterthanU

Sad, selfish existence.

May 3, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  39. B lo me

Nobody cares who you hangout with, Star

May 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • B=Dog

A) She's plumping up again...

B) She looks like an alien...

C) Yeah Star.... Keep telling yourself how classy you are.... Did you forget how you had your wedding sponsored a few years ago?

May 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • K Roger

Star hangs out at the Twinkie aisle.

May 4, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
    • HollywoodSurF

BOY CHOOSES TO LIVE AS A DOG!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8T0o2ZOFw&w=640&h=390]