Judge Judy to keep order in the court through 2015
May 3rd, 2011

Judge Judy to keep order in the court through 2015

She's been hearing trials on TV for 15 years, but Judge Judy Sheindlin isn't ready to put away her gavel just yet. The outspoken New Yorker has just signed a deal to star on "Judge Judy" through 2015.

Sheindlin, whose CBS show premiered on September 16, 1996, reportedly earns $45 million per year, according to the Hollywood Reporter, and remains the top-rated syndicated court show, averaging 10 million viewers. She even beat Oprah Winfrey's ratings in the 2009-2010 season.

"Judy is in a class by herself," president of CBS Television Distribution John Nogawski says. "For 15 years, she's delivered one of the highest-rated shows in all of syndication. She's at the top of her game, and we're excited to be in business with daytime's #1 star."

1. Lawrence

This is the best news. Funny thing... I know of acquaintances that either dislike her or love her. It is the ones who do not do right nor take responsibility for their actions nor have common sense that dislike her. Others say she is mean. No, even as a New York Judge she had to have that control over the courtroom. She conducts business in an orderly fashion and if she appears to be 'the evil queen in a lace collar' well, she had to. Too many wrong doers were taking the justice system lightly... given chance after chance after chance. With this the Justice System was frowned upon. But when you have a Judge like this who upholds the law it then makes these people rethink their actions.

Hate her, think she is rude, think she is mean. But if you listen to the message she is trying to provide then it all makes sense. Do the right thing. Take responsibility for your actions. There are consequences.

She is very influential.

May 26, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. Evel Knievel

Judge Jew-dy

May 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Devoted to Judy

Judy does a wonderful job of keeping order in her courtroom. But there is one anoying distraction that occurs at least 25 t0 50 times during every show. That is caused by her helper, Bert who cannot keep his eyes off the camera making sure that it is on him. No one else in the show does it and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

May 4, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MyMyMy

I've seen her smile, she has a very nice smile! If I ever had to go to court, I would want her for my judge. She knows her stuff & doesn't let the guilty party "walk". Bet she wouldn't mind paying higher taxes! (Seems how she can afford it!)

May 4, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Shannon Smith

You go Judge Judy. I never miss her show. She is a very smart woman and puts all the trash in their place. She is always miles ahead of everyone else. I am sooooooooooo glad I can look forward to her show for another 5 years! Judy judy and Bill Maher are the smartest people on television. They should be in Government.

May 4, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hollywood Reporter

Boy Chooses to live as a dog!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8T0o2ZOFw&w=640&h=390]

May 4, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. rolyat

Maybe if we had more judges like her in our juditial system, our court system would not be such a mess. Yes, she can sometimes be harsh. But you know where you stand with her. The woman is a money making machine. For herself and CBS. And how many celebrities negotiate their own contracts ? She laid it on the line years ago with CBS. She told them you are getting rich off me. I want some of the money too or I'll walk. CBS was no fool. They knew enough not to mess with the "JUDE". She made it big in a man's world. So many of them must be jealous. I am glad to be seeing her for another 4 years. You rock Judge ! ! ! !.

May 4, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. Superhiro

My g@y a$$ will never be ready for that lesbian to smack!!But if theres a man in the crowd than im ready!!

May 4, 2011 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Go Judy!

She is cool!!

May 4, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. funk

If i had to go in her court room I would poop myself because she would make me so scared. do u see how she talks to the people.

May 4, 2011 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. April Fool

Man fuk Judy ! If dats her real name ! Wat kinda name is dat 4 a hispanic ? Poser !

May 4, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sunshine Girl *

Well yes she may be mean. But shes a very smart woman with both the law and her business. At $45 million per year times the 15 yrs shes already been on plus her new 5 yr contract....Shes yelling all the way to the bank. And from the looks of her ratings people love her. She really knows what shes doing!

May 4, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ulysassas Grant

She is a hoot,I'd like to show her the backseat of my stagecoach.

May 4, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

Lmao..she is mean but I think she is very smart and good at reading people. I don't think I ever saw her smile.

May 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. TB

And to top it off? She has no agent! No publicist to pay, no middle man, no one. Just her negotiating her own contracts. That's $45 mil x four years = $180 million dollars and it goes straight to the bottom line. Bam.

May 3, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. @N

the old lady is mean & crazy!!!seriously they need a new judge!!she only talks sh!t!!

May 3, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. smelly joe

she is just mean. a mean lady. i bet she might de mormon or muslin. same difference. just mean.

May 3, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Emme

I love Judge Judy. She keeps all of the trailer trash in their place. Maybe that's why dumberthanu, I mean smarterthanu doesn't like her; she's been on the show before most likely!

May 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackie

I agree..! I find that the people who don't like her is because she's right..! We live in such an age of blame..take responsibility for your mistakes..!

May 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. SmarterthanU

She's so lame, irritating and 80's. Give someone else a break. She's punch drunk rich.

May 3, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |