'Thor' star: 'Avengers' will be a battle of big egos
May 2nd, 2011

'Thor' star: 'Avengers' will be a battle of big egos

The real fighting in the upcoming "The Avengers" movie may not be between the superheroes and the villains but amongst the crime fighters themselves.

"It's Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor," Chris Hemsworth, who plays the latter character, told CNN at a junket for his action-packed "Thor." "[They] all come together and attempt to form an alliance. It's tension-filled. We've got some big egos in that group and they don't play well with others all the time, you know."

As Marquee previously reported, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans will play Iron Man and Captain America — characters the actors have each portrayed previously in solo films — while Mark Ruffalo has been cast as the big green monster the Hulk.

Writer-director Joss Whedon plans to begin shooting the movie, which is set for release in May 2012, ASAP.

"We're shooting soon," Hemsworth told CNN. "Pretty much as soon as the ['Thor' press tour] is over."

Are you looking forward to "The Avengers" movie?

1. Igor

That guy is a goober smoochein fairy.

May 3, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. @NO CLUE

not me. thanks for offering though.

May 3, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. Superhiro

SERIOUSLY WHO WANTS MY WEINER UP THEIR HOLE!!!

May 3, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Superhiro

And after Iron Man 2 I bought a poster of him.I putten it on my wall.Then I would rub my body on it.Rub my weiner on it.And make out with it.Being g@y is fun.

May 2, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @N

i am not interested.marvel comic movies never really catch my attention.

May 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. AliKennedy

I am so excited!!!!!!!!! I know most movies like these don't normally do well or work well, but they haven't been directed by Joss Whedon. Those of you who have seen Firefly/Serenity or Dollhouse, even Buffy series...This is his thing, to make it work with more than one character! YAY!!!

May 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. juljo

Can not wait! And let's not forget Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson).... Something for EVERYONE next May.

May 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Peace

MBiggenson, that was funny ! LOL

May 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Thor RULEZ

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi33qezO6Y&w=640&h=390]

May 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Superhiro

This movie better be good. They basically neutered Iron Man 2 because of this film.

May 2, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MBiggenson

I think what they're attempting to pull off is fantastic. It's ambitious and it's never been done before that I know of. Will it succeed? I'm sure without a doubt it will be a summer blockbuster that will delight fans – but it all depends on how well Thor and Captain America are received. If Thor and Cap are on par with the quality of Favreau's Iron Man 1 & 2 (how sad he won't be on for 3) The Avengers could be the movie event of 2012. The only other possible contender for best movie of 2012 could be "Trump Gets Hit in Nuts With Football". I'd definitely see that.

May 2, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rob

Can't wait.

May 2, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Pete

Not really, sadly such collaborations among fictional characters in movies have not worked well in the past. I hope that they stick to the proven Marvel formula in order to maintain the story integrity.

May 2, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |