Shania Twain on ex's affair: Accidents happen
May 2nd, 2011

Shania Twain on ex's affair: Accidents happen

It may seem hard to believe, but Shania Twain was able to forgive her ex-husband and best friend for their affair.

"Despite everything, I still loved my husband," the superstar singer says in her new memoir. "And I still loved my friend. I put myself in their shoes with the understanding that accidents happen, we're all human, and we all make mistakes....Eventually, I came to the point of accepting the end of my marriage."

Excerpts from Twain's new book, titled "From This Moment On," were published on Parade.com and give some insight into the dark days of the breakup of her marriage to famed producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange and her past as a witness of domestic violence.Discovering that her husband of 14 years and the father of her son had an affair with her best friend Marie-Anne was "the most shocking and painful truth of my life since the death of my parents twenty years earlier," Twain says.

"For the first week after finding out about the affair, I was ready to die–to go to bed forever and never wake up," the singer writes. "Or to hurt someone. I was ready to do something desperate, but in reality, there was nothing to do but to suffer through it. Fortunately, when you're a mom, the responsibility of caring for your child can keep you going."

Now happily married to Marie-Anne's ex-husband, Frédéric Thiébaud, Twain reveals she grew up watching her stepfather physically abuse her mother.

"Jerry had her on the bathroom floor by the toilet, and, grabbing her hair, he slammed her head against the side of the basin, knocking her out cold," Twain says in her book. "I could see Jerry repeatedly plunge my mother's head into the toilet bowl, then pull it out again."

"I remember wondering, 'Why is he trying to drown her when she's already dead?' I wanted to scream, 'Stop, you already killed her!' I wanted to stop him, but I was too afraid...The enormity of that helplessness transferred to me, and I felt as limp as she was."

Click here to read excerpts in Parade magazine.

1. seo

I was scrambling to locate study information that I could grasp easily to get a research venture on this subject when I finally discovered your article. Thank you for making this info so clear and interesting. seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 25, 2013 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. how to survive an affair

So now it's called "making decisions on flooring?" LOLSo that's why the waitress has rug burn.Report this comment as spam or abuse

March 8, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. zest

70% give a respectable opinion and 30% just write a whole bunch of BS.

January 26, 2013 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. Accidents essay

An individual who hard disks a selected vehicle can be a car owner. The position of all the so-called drivers is quite difficult. An automobile driver is liable for generating every type of autos. Operating just isn't ...

February 25, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. Accident fallacy examples

How to position a value on the auto automobile accident accidental injury claim which is a immediate consequence of your "soreness as well as suffering " you've been forced for you to withstand.Wypadek drogowy w uk

February 4, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  6. mentallect

She married her producer. A producer who dates his protege is by definition a moraless, and unprofessional person. Of course he was going to cheat on her, and she knew, or should have known not to date him. I simply can't feel sorry for her.

May 19, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. Koo Koo Klock

Nannannnannaann aajhhahahahahhahhaha!!!!!huka dance

May 11, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. Presley

Oh please, "an accident!!??" Oh, I stepped on your foot...THAT'S an accident!! Having an AFFAIR is NOT an accident....a "mistake" only if you cheated once....an AFFAIR, is a choice and you know what you're doing!!! give me a break!!! I once thought Shania had more brains than that!! She's only forgiven b/c she went into the arms of a man quite quickly...had that not been the case, she wouldn't have rebounded as she has and used the stupid and incomprehensable rationale of the stupidity of her ex as "an accident!!!"

May 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Accidental Adulterer

"Accidents happen." Oops.

May 9, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. canadian logging trucker

sad that shania has put her self and her career in the toilet but when she worked at the hotel in canada with her crooked teeth and bad breath her fellow employees could not wait till she quit and because she treated them with such disrespect and discust again bad karma or should i say bad shania...........................

May 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • zest

I have never read so much crap in my life as I have with your comment and most of the others on here. Do you all have nothing better to do with your lives but to release jealousy, anger and stupid comments?
      70% give a respectable opinion and 30% just write a whole bunch of BS.

January 26, 2013 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. MM

Didn't she cheat on Mutt with Paul Bolduc while his girlfriend Judy Demers was pregnant with their child? And then Shania bough them a house to say "sorry" for the affair. Hypocrite.

May 5, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Texas chick

There's something very wrong with this whole scenario. I am sure that Shania could have found someone else to marry other than her former best friend's ex??!!!! Too weird....and very dysfunctional.

May 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. @N

an affair is not an accident!!the writer needs to go back to school!!hahaha that makes me happy that cnn has retarted authors (:

May 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RedStapler

Oh honey, affairs are not mistakes. Sounds like denial is still in play here. It makes me cringe to read her statement. I hope she is not some airheaded female who is making excuses for her ex, the fact is he deceived and cheated her. It was planned, wake up.

May 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lilleo

I see where Mutt got his name...he is a dawg! Bur! He is ugly as sin! Neither of the dudes are 10's, but Frederic is much, much better looking. Looks like she won to me.

May 3, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. MyMyMy

Her mom must not be too bright. There's this thing called domestic violence, abusers go to jail & divorce usually follows! Momma didn't have a friend to swap with, I guess. I would have tossed his butt "out to sea"!!!

May 3, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lynn

Essentially they ended up swapping spouses, which is kind of gross. Her life is a Jerry Springer show. I feel bad for the kids, how does one explain that?

May 3, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. bub's mama

what i don't understand is: if her stepfather was so abusive to her mother, then why take his last name of "twain"? come on, eileen edwards.

May 3, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kallen

Ok let me get this straight. Her marriage was ruined by her best friend and husband... but she married her best friends ex? Thats wrong on so many levels. What a twisted friendship.

May 3, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sam

Man...alot of you must have very miserable lives to be so judgemental and hateful toward other people.

May 3, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Superhiro

You're rubber, I'm glue....

May 3, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Carla

Why write books that are so personal I don't understand these Celebs telling all this that's truly none of our business we all have past dramas but don't sell them just my opinion

May 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. joe

Once a hillbilly, always a hillbilly

May 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Small Pen1s

Make me big please

May 3, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Grow-er, not a show-er

Id hit it....no, not like against the toilet or anything, i meant as in take the plunge and get some

May 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. WeirdMN

I can't believe any guy would cheat on someone as hot as Shania Twain.

May 3, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  27. Observer

I'd hit that...

May 3, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. Carla

I honestly think this makes no sense, she marrys the man of her best friend who slept with her husband and says "accidents happen" NO Shania sorry this was not an accident oh sorry honey I fell on top of your best friend that's not an accident that's infedlity and pleasure at making your wedding vows not honorable. I thought your man bette walk the line? This is sickening he entire story.

May 3, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  29. Carla

Any man of mine better walk the line you said

May 3, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  30. Shania is HOT

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkvadq4VjA&w=640&h=390]

May 3, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  31. PEACSKTR

I LOVE SHANIA TWAIN, ALL YOU HATERS CAN GO CRAWL BACK IN TO YOUR LITTLE CAVES.
    THERES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG SEE IT IN THIS VIEW SHE GOT CHEATED ON AND HER BEST FRIENDS HUSBAND GOT CHEATED ON THEY COULD NOT TAKE THE BETRAYAL DIVORCED AND WERE THERE FOR EACH OTHER IN EACH TIME OF PAIN AND FELL IN LOVE.
    THE END

May 3, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  32. Matthew Poston

I wonder if Ms. Twains book contains any confimation of her rumored long term love affair with ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER?

May 3, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  33. DJ

Low self-esteem – She could have had anyone she could have had anyone she wanted, instead of the rebound friend in misery. Oh well life in the fastlane.

May 3, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  34. Zenith

Exactly! Rest in Peace? Hey, those are the same words spoken at most funerals. Lol!

May 3, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  35. vlada

Shania Twain isn't even her real name. It's Eileen Edwards. Shania is supposed to be her "Indian" name and Twain is from errr...ummm... her great grandfather, Mark Twain. Oh! wait that's not his real name either Gawdangit I'm confused

May 3, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  36. Stan

It's easy to forgive when you're sitting in a mansion on the hill with millions of dollars in your bank account. It also doesn't hurt when you're an attractive 40-something who was once considered one of the hottest women on the planet and still literally have millions of men who would tell you how hot you are if you ever feel bad about yourself.

May 3, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • it is butter

Money and looks solves nothing. Confidence and the ability to let the past rest is where its at. That and the ability to not judge. Try it sometime.

May 3, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Stan

I didn't say money and looks solved her problems, but it's a lot easier to work through your issues and forgive a cheating husband when money is not a concern to you. If she were a single mom working 2 minimum wage jobs drowning in debt and trying to pay rent on a 2 bedroom apartment she might not forgive as easily.

May 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. lolita

i agree with you 100% EMC

May 3, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  38. Deacon Magruder

Well, I'd still hit it. Yep.

May 3, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  39. i cant belive is not butter

Its woman like that , that make trailer parks fun....love you shania :)

May 3, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  40. Deby

He cheated on her. She tried to save her marriage by forgiving. He kept cheaing. She said "if you're still cheating then it's over. Enough is enough and she left". They divorced and the friend divorced her husband so she could marry Mutt the pig. After Shania got divorced she and the friends ex became more than friends an they became romantically involved then got married. What is so. "Trailer trash" about that? Some of you act so high and mighty. Like you are so damn perfect. Stop making yourselves look so ignorant and hateful. You are not better than anyone except in your own minds. Move on alredy.

May 3, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  41. waitaminute

Wait a minute...her ex-husband is fooling around with her best friend but she's married to the friend's ex-husband. That's weird...why don't they just get a big house together and screw whoever happens to be closest?

May 3, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  42. DJem

An affair is not an accident. It's a mistake yes, but and accident? No.

May 3, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  43. EMC

Forgiveness is one thing – calling an affair an accident – just stupid. Affairs are intentional acts – yes, they happen – but only because the people involved are cowards who have no integrity. Affairs are gross. Anyone who gets wrapped up in one lacks truth, integrity and morals.

May 3, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  44. Lisa

She was the one cheated on so I think she gets to call it whatever she wants to call it.

May 3, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  45. josie

After reading all of this it is all funny

May 3, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  46. scott

Why don't the four of them live together and keep swapping? Sounds like it could be fun

May 3, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  47. Deneen

@ I can't believe it's not butter... please go back to school and learn to spell!!

May 3, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  48. Captain Obvious

The old wife swap. I wonder if anybody called "no trade backs".

May 3, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  49. Hmm!

Bestfriends don't take the man from eachother! Only B/CHES AND SL/TS!

May 3, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  50. Parkay.

@ I can't believe it's not butter...all your comments display an ignorant, classless pig mentality. You must not have many friends.

May 3, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  51. Lizzie

Shania is nothing but fake from the jump. She was nothing before Mutt Lange and she's really nothing now. She lied about the REAL mother of her son, she connived to get to Mutt in the first place. She lied about being a Canadian Indian (her STEP father was Indian, SHE is not), she lied about being the songwriter on all her "hits". Please go away, Shania. You're a cheater every bit as much as Mutt is; and you're as deceitful as the day is long. You got what you deserved, but something tells me that Mutt wasn't the first to stray ... there were lots of stories from when you were on the road in the mid-90s.

May 3, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  52. Moogie713

The whole scenario is strange; but cie la vie. I feel a new country song appearing on the charts soon.

May 3, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  53. Superhiro

What do mean SHES hot!?!I mean the men in this article are HOT!!!!!!!!!!! He's hot She's not

May 3, 2011 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  54. Phil

didn't she divorce her first husband when she met Lange! Sounds like she getting a taste of her own medicine. Karma!

May 3, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
    • EMC

The difference is she divorced him – she didn't cheat on him (well, maybe she did). People should finish one before they start another – it's pretty simple, if you ask me.

May 3, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • M

She's only been married once, and that was to Mutt. But she did dump her lover of 7 years for Mutt, then later rekindled her romance with the ex after his wife had a baby.

May 5, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Fokjou

i.e. if he mixes my new album, i might still bang him...

May 3, 2011 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  56. Amanda

I am Canadian. And here in Canada we are very proud of all Shania's success and the fact that she had the self respect to leave that idiot! Lots of women just choose to stay...sad but true. Cheers to Shania's next chapter and hopefully a new cd! Way to go for kickin the MUTT to the curb!

May 3, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
    • LC

Speak for yourself, Amanda. I'm also from Canada and there are enough of us who know that Shania lied about her heritage, and lied that she's an orphan. She has a bio father who supported her til she made it big. Then she conveniently dropped him and lied about him to further her career.

May 5, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Zenith

I think the best way to move on after being cheated, if there are no kids involved, is to pretend that the cheater is dead. Cheating is a choice. Plain and simple. Stressors are placed on every relationship. One can chose to work on it or check out. Cheating is a cowardly way of not committing to a decision and carrying it out. I have seen so mamy people becpme filled with hate , bitterness and revengw for the cheater. It really isn't worth it. Just give the cheater a mental funeral and move on. You will be so much happier.

May 3, 2011 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
    • it is butter

Sounds a little extreme to me. Just move on and skip the funeral part. Your happiness needs to come from within and can't be dependent on someone else and whether they're dead or what they might say or do to you. Spend your mental and emotional energy looking for fun and happy times. Leave the negative stuff behind.

May 3, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  58. Katey

oh whoops, i just fell into your best friend... my bad.

May 3, 2011 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  59. SKY

FACT: RELATIONSHIP DO HAPPEN WHEN YOU PUT TWO PEOPLE TOGETHER WHO HAVE THE SAME
    PROBLEMS, YOU FEEL SORRY NOT LOVE FOR THE PERSON. SO NOW THAT HOLDING HANDS
    ARE OVER, SHE IS SAYING, 'WOW' HOW DID I GET IT THIS MESS'.
    WHY DID I MARRY THIS MAN OR HE MARRY ME......I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN WANT
    SOMEONE ELSE....WHEN YOU ARE STUCK WITH SOMEONE YOU MARRIED BECAUSE YOU
    FELT SORRY FOR THEM.

May 3, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  60. Happy'n bama

Take it from someone who has seen alot of loss through the recent tornados that tore our state to shredds everybody deserves any happiness that you can pull out of this cruel world trailor parks and all

May 3, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  61. passionkiwi

You do you expect will happen when there spouses are the cheaters they became closer and ended up being there for eachother and eventually love and relationship came to be I dont see how thats a bad thing

May 3, 2011 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  62. Vlada

Shania is originally from Canada. Wonder if she ever pucked around with any hockey players

May 3, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  63. nemo

Pass em shrimps!!!!!

May 3, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  64. Booey

It seems a little pathetic that she had to go for the friend's ex.

May 3, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  65. Reverand Bob

Friends with benefits ... Lucky dog!

May 3, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  66. Cornerstone

I wonder if Shania's kid calls Shania's husband "uncle-dad".

May 3, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  67. fuyuko

An affair is not an 'accident' or a 'mistake' it is a deliberate act. Until people accept responsibility for their actions and lable them 'decisions' and 'choices' they will fail to get my respect.

May 3, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • you

Give me an example of an accident or mistake that DOESN'T involve a choice. Until then, lighten up and enjoy life a little.

May 3, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Put a lid on it

Well you won't earn my respect until you get off your 'holier than thou' high-horse! Self-righteous just a tad?

May 5, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  68. LD

Wow, she's a brave woman. Good for her, things happened for a reason, shes in another stage of her life. Yes, been a Mother helps you in not giving up. My respects for you Shaina. Keep moving fwd.
    Sincerely,
    A wife who has been cheated and a Mother of a beautiful baby girl

May 3, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  69. rafamataz

As a man who has been cheated upon and divorced twice. it does take time to heal and with prayer and support there are those out there willing to love you and earn their trust. As stated before, canadian trailer trash should remain private and stop trying to make a buck

May 3, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  70. justin beiber

Man! i feel like a woman

May 3, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Where's the music?

Sorry Beibs, I know you're not a girl...but you are not yet a woman either. lol.

May 6, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Lola

She's relishing the fact that she's got her best friends X.

May 3, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  72. nemo

Look man she diddnt deserve none o my dang nabid shrimp...now ...I'm tired...of all this here...mumbo jumbo...shrimp...ooooooohhhhh...bowt sum o dem fried up real nice missy..and some corn cakes...thank ya

May 3, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  73. tiabear

I'll just let God be the judge of this one...ugh

May 3, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  74. John F.

Just a very good example of good old American-country white trash!

May 2, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  75. nemo

What does this have anything to do with the fact that we are running low on popcorn shrimp...who is gonna get us some more dang shrimps?...dang ..I got a whole thang o dippin sauce too!

May 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bianca

You guys are so mean its pathetic. Honestly you knew whether or not you liked Shania Twain BEFORE you even read the article, why read it if you dont like her. idiots.......I wish her the best in life!!!!:)

May 2, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  77. B lo me

@ aka. Step off Tanya! I dated her and she is a sweet girl.

May 2, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  78. aka

The author means Tonya, not Shania, right? I haven't heard about Tonya, since her husband whacked Nancy Kerrigan. No idea she started singing her own songs while skating.

May 2, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Omar Adams

Please go away again Shania.You are so self absorbed and boring and out of date.

May 2, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  80. i am Batman

We are here bitnar

May 2, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  81. B lo me

That is craziness. He must be hung.

May 2, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Covino

Whiskey Tango!

May 2, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  83. me

Accident? What, did she trip and fall on it? I'm pretty sure that the fact that Shania's with her friend's ex now helped with the forgiving part.

May 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  84. that's right

Being 'forgiven' and then continuing in the marriage is not an ideal situation. My advice – call it quits. Because if you stay together, everytime any sort of argument begins, the infidelity will be brought up. It's always there, just waiting to be brought back. Once trust is lost, so is the relationship. Experience.

May 2, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  85. jimmyboy928

...and now she has a brand new TV show!!! Coincidence? I think not.

May 2, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Paula

Mistake??? Pardon me, a mistake is putting a red washcloth in with the white clothes. He made choices. Deliberate choices that were made by him.

May 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • it is butter

Easy Paula. Stuff happens and people sometimes regret their decisions. I sure hope I'm not held accountable for every mistake or accident I made and will make in life.

May 3, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
    • it is butter

Meaning that maybe I too might realize I made the wrong choices. Gotta cut people some slack sometimes. Its amazing how imperfect we are. Yet some think we should always make the right choices all the time.

May 3, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  87. kelly steele

Stop it

May 2, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Julio

Shania, wanna have a mistake?

May 2, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  89. deanna stubbs

Who cares as long as she is happy! U GO GIRL! I think that's hot!!

May 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  90. TruSnowy

An affair is not an accident....things happen yes, but no accident...we all know how it goes and well i'd say she came out the winner in the end....

May 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. IKE

that really is a sad story. it is a shame bad things like this really happen. people should never be allowed to treat others like that. never. i wish she would have called the police or something.

May 2, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  92. @N

wow that was like some weird huge trade!!whats next they all live in the same room.

May 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. popeye

After my mother got back from turning tricks for meth, she gave me some cash so Cesar and I could buy some new dresses because we're both flaming drag queens.

May 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Nick

Next on Jerry Springer....Shania!!

May 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Evel Knievel

I bet when her stepdad was dunking her mom in cold toilet water he was saying, "Honey, I'm Home."

May 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Sunshine Girl *

I think all that personal information shouldve been left private. Someones always trying to make money off of someone elses misery. Looks like her private life is only a little better than her music. TMI if you ask me. @B lo me...Fine thank you. glad to hear your ok. Stay safe down there! Wow! Arent these celebrity stories outrageous? Glad I live the simple life. [SMILES]

May 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  97. @William D. Kidd

Now that was funny! LOL !!!!!

May 2, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  98. William D. Kidd

I wonder if she and her ex and her ex best friend and her ex best friends husband live in the same trailer park?

May 2, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Wendie

Stuff happens. You have to move on. You have to realize that if you continue to hold on the hurt and anger you will always be in the place of hurt and anger. You have to want more. It takes time. A couple of years. You don't hold the children back, you become people who get along for the kids and then it becomes easier and the kids see that you are nice person and their dad is a nice person and you have to forgive. That doesn't mean you forget, but forgiveness is harder than holding on to hate and anger and holding a child in the middle makes you a much smaller person than a person who can see that you might hate the man he became, but he's not your father and your child deserves the father that man can be. And one day, when that child is 20, he will look at you and say, Mom, I never knew you and dad fought,.... and let me say....that's worth more than anything.

May 2, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Traveler

Easy to forgive after the divorce. Forgive and stay married, then I'll be impressed.

May 2, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • kay

Agreed!

May 2, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Dumbald

Its not that easy, it takes along time for most people, maybe thats the difference between someone really in love and somebody "comfortable" in their relationship. Maybe Mutt wanted more than comfortable.

May 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dingding

What was she supposed to do, chain him up and make him stay? Obviously he had no interest in that, he had moved on. It takes two to patch up a wound like that...

May 3, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  101. stoner

Wow

May 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  102. richard

yea,i tried that with my ex ,the[it was an accident]excuse,she screamed divorce,no accident

May 2, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  103. IKE

she should be happily married to me. i surely wouldnt cheat on her.

May 2, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  104. aymer

Affairs are NOT an accident you twit.

May 2, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Irwin

And just when I thought this only happened in the twisted minds of screen writers i.e Desperate housewives.

May 2, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  106. RoadWarriorLou

So her ex slept with her best friend and now she sleeps with her best friend's ex...seems to me that they're all kinda sleazy.

May 2, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  107. B lo me

@sunshine girl* have u been

May 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  108. ScDiva

So she married the best friend's ex-husband? Wow.....

May 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • NHWoman

Yeah.....I had the same reaction

May 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • bitnar

Where have you all been?

May 2, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • @bitnar

Busy with our own lives. You know, some people have great lives of their own and could give a rats @ss about up to the second reports on shania Twain's love life.

May 3, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

To "@bitner": you mean, until now?! Oh, the irony!!

May 3, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • WilmaWonka

I really don't care but I thought I would share (paraphrase) what I heard her say in an interview. The couples, ex-husband, best friend, new husband and Shania were all best friends. They used to hang out and even travel together so all were "close". Mutt was truly a dog and cheated with the woman. Shania filed for divorce and in the split, she and the guy became closer which makes sense – they were friends who were both betrayed. Romance bloomed. Actually makes sense to me.

May 3, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  109. Peace

Was that story a little twisted or what???

May 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Confused

Let me understand, did I read this correctly?
    Shania is now "happily married" to the ex-husband of the woman who had an affair with her ex-husband. Winners of wars always write history to their liking. She with the public voice wins. Every story has your side, my side and the true story. So let's just distract you with her mother was abused too.

May 2, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shinea

What's so hard to understand? They both had something in common. It happens all the time.

May 2, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

They didn't have an affair. They became close AFTER their divorces not before and not after. Does that take care of the confusion for you? Jerk.

May 2, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • i cant belive is not butter

Shanaia is hoooo....she had it planed all along..payed her best friend to sleep with her husband she totaly hated and to married her true love...her best friends husband....so eveil

May 3, 2011 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Perplexed

NyteShayde says "They became close AFTER their divorces not before and not after"

Uhhh... What?

They became close AFTER their divorces, not after? Does the word "after" mean something different when it is in caps?

May 3, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  111. Cajun Herb

Let her write all the books she wants as long as we don't have to listen to her music.

May 2, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmeraldCity

Who's forcing you to listen to it?

May 2, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • pete driver

best country artist of all time

May 3, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael Scott

You wont have too..Mutt wrote, produced,etc all of her songs..she has no songwriting skills at all...she hasnt done anything post Mutt...where are the hits?

May 3, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Merle Haggard

Someone actually listened to that crap? I mean, she looked good years ago, but people were supposed to watch her videos with the sound turned off!

May 3, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • takabreath

I'm sorry for all the haters, Shania.

May 3, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh

To the noob who said she was the best country music performer, I have only 2 words for you:
      CHARLIE DANIELS
      PURE musicianship and insanely talented bandmates – none of this auto-tuned BS
      Compare 'InAmerica' or TheDevil Went Down to Georgia' and anythng else is an auto-fail

May 3, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Merle

We ALL know you are an imposter. Merle has way more class than to say this, you fool. In fact, IF you really knew your country, he says the opposite, so kiss this

May 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. sheenius

I wish my wives were that understanding

May 2, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • SnafuBob

You do realize that your name rhymes with Weenis; despite spelling, etc...

May 2, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • jg

Cretin.

May 3, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • wifebeater

She with her friends ex ...lol

May 3, 2011 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Tail.or.ess

Plain stupid but I feel sorry for her.

May 4, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • hello

Something tells me if you treated your wives better, you wouldn't need to wish they were more understanding. ANd I agree with the below poster, you mis-spleed your name, it should have started with a "P" eenius. But very very small.

May 4, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • POCKETS

It was not an "accident" nor was it a "mistake". That is rationalizing, that the two of them fell in love. Accept it, Shania, and let them have the love he never had with you.

May 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Popeye #2

I'm Popeye and I like to post random, meaningless statements to curry laughs! Ha. Ha. Ha. See, I laughed at myself! Wait....no one's laughing?

May 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  114. FattyBoomBaLatty

Hey – scoot over so we can be fat and lazy together.

May 3, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  115. LesterJester

Thanks Sean. Now go back to the basement of your Mom's house with your 4 hour woodrow and have at it.

May 3, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  116. it is butter

You have to wade through those. I like reading the comments sometimes more than the article itself. Most often that's where the real story is. And if there's some humor in it, all the better. But more people need to learn that less REALLY is more.

May 3, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |