New parents Mariah and Nick renew their vows
May 2nd, 2011

New parents Mariah and Nick renew their vows

Nick Cannon will have to get seriously creative for next year’s wedding anniversary. This time around, his wife Mariah Carey gave birth to twins on the same day as the couple's third anniversary.

“My wife just gave me the most incredible anniversary gift ever in life! I won't ever be able to top this!” Cannon tweeted on April 30. Carey, 42, delivered a girl and a boy around 9 a.m. PST that day.

“I'm in the happiest place I've ever been in my life,” Cannon, 30, wrote the following day.  “I never had more amazing things happening. I am humbled by God's Favor!”

To celebrate both their anniversary and their new arrivals, Cannon and Carey had the Rev. Al Sharpton swing by the hospital for a prayer and wedding vow renewal ceremony.

“Mariah looks GREAT, and the babies are beautiful,” Sharpton tweeted. “I am so moved by the sincere spiritual commitment of Mariah and Nick. They have not let success separate them from GOD. I am so proud.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Mariah Carey

1. peter( Boyong Kim)

Congraturation...!!! I am a Mariah Carey's real fan.....I hope you to be happiest with your man and twins... Again, congraturation.

May 3, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tai

Igor, you are a racist hick. Your comments are ignorant and I know I should brush it off but I have to say something. White people are the same people who would have church then hold a KKK meeting in the basement. They are also the same people who would preach on abstaining until marriage while raping little boys and girls after bible study. People in glass houses hsouldn't throw stones

May 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Treva

I think it's sweet. In the world they live in they ned constant reminders of why they are committed to each other. Can you imagine how many half-naked women Nick see's when djing? Can you imagine how many hoochie mommas would be more than happy to get a itty bitty piece of "Mr Carey"? He could EASILY pull a Tiger and have a roll call of Russian women in his cell phone. The same applies to Mariah. She could get another apartment and settle a boy toy there in a heartbeat. I think its sweet that they take the time to remind themselves of why they love the other person every year. Plus, it stimulates the economy! let them spend that money if they want too

May 3, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Vickie

Congratulations to Mariah and Nick on there two beautiful babies and there anniversary! Its nice to see a family being publicly grateful for their blessings. It's not about black or white or rich or poor, its about love. And love is a beautiful thing!

May 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mariah Fan

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z53A1QvTMpw&w=640&h=390]

May 3, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. eric brunson

congrats...this is my first time commenting on such a site...but for all the crazy racist idiots commenting get laid and run in traffic at the same time cause they are rich and the usa still has a black president...so keep hating...lol

May 2, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. charlie crack

Tell al sharpton to bless osamas a@&! Haaaa! Dead phucker!

May 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. EmeraldCity

It was touching until I read that 4th paragraph and saw that it was . . . Sharpton?!? doing the blessing?

Shudder.

May 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ichigo

Congratz

May 2, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rosa

Congrats,to the parents I think their both beautiful,no matter their race..Keep lovin each other n ignore all the stupid idiots out their.Always a Fan ;)

May 2, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jessika

wow really!!! Are you guys for real ? this is the sickest thing i have heard they are newborn babies!!! Congrats NICK and Mariah on your blessing may god watch over your new family <3 <3 <3 <3

May 2, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. roniee

Congrates to nick n his wife god made his children in his own immage n likest so what r u all sayin that our God is ugly I don't think so

May 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Devon Smith

@ roniee.

Apparently you dont understand the evolutionary chain and the creation chain. They are distinct and separate. God didnt favor or non-favor these two idiots having or not having kids/rats.

PS...you cant spell either.

May 3, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. vyhawk

I'm so sick of the racist comments. mariah and nick had 2 beautiful babies. and on thier anniversary. that is a blessing congrats nick & mariah

May 2, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. uninpressedinny

No matter what...........these innocent little babies should be called nothing but a blessing from God himself.......wow ignorance really is bliss! But the Al Sharpton thing.........ya lost me at Al Sharpton.......but they have religious freedom just as I do. Praise the Lord!

May 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • same here

I also am glad they are new parents, any birth is a happy birth, but thats where I stop at the seriousness of it all. If they REALLY wanted to renew the vows, they should ahve chosen a more suitable minister, but as you state, freedom of religion. I would rather NOT even get married or receive ANY blessings if it came from this big time POS idiot. He ALONE sis extremely predjudiced and egotistical to the ends of the earth. He is a loser.

May 3, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. happy for Mariah

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4oIzGirxkU&w=640&h=390]

May 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sasha

Dude yall need to stop running yalls mouths.all that proofs is that yall are racist.there kids are beautiful it dnt matter wat color u are.maybe people thought the same about yall when yall were born

May 2, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Peace

Babies are great, but, grandkids are the best!

May 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Angela

Datsx really good about the baby bt I always nd forevea will think that christina millian nd nick wasx da best couple like eve mariah tisx to old in u can see her aging in ha face she looks 50 or some Christina Millian looks waaaaaaaaaay better

May 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. @N

congrats now u can be trapped in cause of ur babies!!

May 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ?

"ringtailed lemurs"...Lmao! :)

May 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Meeeeeee

So many haters. Didn't your mom ever tell you "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all"

May 2, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. moon627

YAY ! CONGRATS TO THE NEW PARENTS !

These are 2 good looking people so i bet they made beautiful babies.

Wishing them the very best as a new family + HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :)

May 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. lancer 1967

Some of these comments r just stupid. Don't b hatin b cuz a beautiful black couple r proud parents of 2 beautiful gifts from heaven..........

May 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Um

Black couple? Please explain.

May 2, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • DUH

I think he means that is very rare this day for a black male celebrity to be with another black female celebrity. So for them it is a beautiful thing. I concur!!

May 2, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Stinko de Mayo

That is a funny comment ! ROTFLMAO ! : )

May 2, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Oleg

Yeah ! Me Too ! I am a waste of oxygen too ! I ROCK !

May 2, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  26. charlie crack

Osaaaama?? You alive...?? DID THE BIG BAD USA SMOKE YOUR ASS....? Oh im so sorry. Burn in hell!

May 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Timme62

Al Sharpton...really???

May 2, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • HaHaHa

Nick Cannon is all flash and no substance. He will be a terrible father and numbnuts Mariah will be an awful mother. These kids/rats should be taken from them immediately.

May 3, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  28. yeah

yeah. mousers.

May 2, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  29. Manny Schwartz

LOL...that wouldve been more funny if it wasnt so obvious. Got any more Anita?

May 2, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  30. Tim

Good One ! LOL ! : )

May 2, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  31. twisted

These are new born babies you trolls. Shame on you

May 2, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  32. Tim

yeah ! mousers !

May 2, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  33. Tim

SECOND TO POST ! Y E S !

May 2, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  34. Anita

@Manny ...at least as long as your nose Mr. Schwartz. Since you have a surname that suggests so.....

May 2, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  35. TRUTH

@Anita – HILARIOUS!!! Thanks! That was good :) Manny Schwartz is so lame...

May 2, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  36. TRUTH

Shame on u for speaking so hatefully about new born AMERICAN children...Do us all a favor and move to Chernobyl.

May 2, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  37. TRUTH

I'm not a Nick or Mariah fan but calling new born babies "rats"? Really? You and Manny are a sorry, pathetic, wastes of oxygen and matter....

May 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  38. annie

that is stupid comment you are sad person.

May 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. can you spell

Yes, I see they still can't spell well at all.

May 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |