Sheldon's first kiss on 'The Big Bang Theory'
April 29th, 2011

Sheldon's first kiss on 'The Big Bang Theory'

Sheldon, out of his comfort zone, equals comedy gold. This is something that the writers of "The Big Bang Theory" are fully aware of, and they gave us a lot of that on Thursday night's episode.

Sheldon decided to join Penny and her besties for a night out on the town, after getting "lawyered" by Priya over his roommate agreement with Leonard (and what an impressive display that was; still not a Priya fan, but I enjoyed this).

It wasn't too long before the female trio were in various states of inebriation, and wanted to know if Sheldon had ever kissed a girl. The answer: Only his mother and Mee Maw.

Penny and Amy were all too happy to demonstrate, and by the time they were in a cab, Amy was clearly hammered, singing Katy Perry lyrics.

It was on to what appeared to be the only waltzing establishment in Los Angeles, and Sheldon and Amy hit the dance floor, while an older gentleman invited Penny to dance, just before getting all handsy. Quite possibly the funniest scene of the whole season.

Of course, that was just the build-up for Amy planting one on Sheldon at her apartment... and her quick, unrelated rush to the bathroom to purge.

So, might there be a romantic future for these two after all, at least in Amy's mind? I have a feeling we're in for a big season finale.

It wasn't quite over, though. Sheldon planned his revenge against Priya quite brilliantly, threatening to expose her relationship with Leonard to her conservative parents. Priya may have bitten off more than she can chew. After all, as Sheldon told her, "You may have gone to Cambridge, but I'm an honorary graduate of Starfleet Academy."

Leonard and Priya are headed for rough times ahead, it seems.

Once again, Mayim Bialik stole every scene she was in, and the relationship trials and tribulations took center stage, including the strained relationship between Leonard and Sheldon.

Where do you think things are headed? Post your thoughts below or tell us on iReport.

1. alan

Did he kiss another guys D!CK or kiss his own ass. What a flaming idiot.

August 26, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jde1993

sheldon lied...he said hes never kissed a girl he wasnt related to...does anyone recall a few seasons ago, leonards mom got drunk with penny and kissed sheldon

August 26, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jokomo

Epic Fail! SHELDON'S FIRST KISS WAS WHEN LEONARD'S MOTHER CAME BACK WITH PENNY DRUNK. SHE WAS INEBRIATED AND KISSED SHELDON RIGHT ON THE LIPS. I hope whoever wrote this blog gets fired for this.

May 19, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. tater

I love this show. i have DVR set... i hope these stars don't screw this one up.....lol.... i tell ya sometimes i laugh so hard i cry....... GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!! please please keep it around..........

May 13, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. LYNN

I think it's time to meet Mee Maw.....I would love to see who would play this character.....I think is should be someone like that little old lady from the Wedding Singer....she needs to be added to the mix

May 11, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

Great idea Lynn, maybe Sheldon could be telling a story about his Mee Maw and they could do a flash back showing the old lady. Betty White or Cloris Leachman? Who else would be good?

May 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Webactuary

I loved the vanity card. I didn't "get it" right away, and when I did, i screamed in laughter.

May 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tomas Thurbando

I love Sheldon!!

May 3, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. liz

Actually, I found this episode boring - they are always trying to get Sheldon. One thing I have always found about sitcoms - they let them drag out for years before finally putting an end to their misery. It's going to happen to the Big Bang Theory. When they finally wrap it up, I hope they do it painlessly - end it on a high note and not after it has jumped the shark.

May 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Superhiro

Lol, lame troll is lame.

May 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Brooke

Please refrain from poster lame comments that aren't funny. IF YOU ARE GOING TO TROLL THEN DO IT RIGHT DARN IT! I come here to read entertainment news and laugh at the morons, not read luke warm comments and sigh.

May 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. charlie crack

@superhiro- shut the phuck up! Go somewhere! Go fly a kite...

May 2, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nicole

my husband and I love this show! Geat job!

May 2, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. charlie crack

First kiss? Kiss osamas a@& goodbye! USA USA USA! Sha na na na hey hey hey goooodbye!

May 2, 2011 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sean @ Groupon

Superhiro, go find one!

May 1, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. B lo me

Manendo?

May 1, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Superhiro

I WANT TO KISS A MAN!!

May 1, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. pollonais

didn't Sheldon kiss Leonard's mom in an episode? anyway Amy's character is evolving well and the show was good!!!

May 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. keldoran

The monkey was a great gag!!
    Girls night out skit was another great bit of comedy!!
    Bravo..Bravo...

May 1, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Head Troll in Charge

Bronx, Brooklyn or New Jersey.

May 1, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Head Troll in Charge

from NYC? automatically disqualified! same goes for Bronx Brooklyn, or New Jersey!

May 1, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. kynycmbp

I love the ShAmy!

May 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Head Troll in Charge

please refrain from posting unless you have something of value to add; unless you are naturally funny. So far, no qualifiers.

May 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. meanmrmustard

rather watch it than eat it like you do

May 1, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  24. alida

haha im so glad im not the only one who obsesses over this show. I completely forgot that Sheldon said that in no universe does he dance. I remember the kiss with Leonards mom.

May 1, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  25. NoName

i can't believe no one has mentioned the smoking monkey yet!

April 30, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  26. sasha

Loved the episode. Had a huge laugh even if the continuity errors bugged me. 1 as stated above he got a big smack on the lips from leonards mom and then also a season or 2 ago Sheldon said that in no universe does he ever dance.

April 30, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Rob

Totally forgot about the no dancing statement! Thanks for the addition/correction. It was in season three, "The Gothowitz Deviation". He said "Penny, while I subscribe to the Many Worlds Theory, which posits the existence of an infinite number of Sheldons in an infinite number of universes, I assure you that in none of them am I dancing,". This doesn't necessarily preclude him from knowing how to dance. It just implies that he doesn't like to, especially since the course he mentioned was something his parents made him take. Perhaps he's becoming slightly more open minded on some things since Amy has come into his life?

May 2, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. Rob

Actually, as great as that episode was, they (the writers, Sheldon, and the author of this article) did make a factual error. Sheldon left out the kiss from Leonard's mom in the episode "The Maternal Congruence". Interestingly enough, she too, was drunk at the time. Also, and this is just my opinion, the "Quite possibly the funniest scene of the whole season." scene was in the season 4 opener. Near the end of the episode, Penny yells out from the audience at the conference asking if anyone can get her back to LA, and Bernadette's tall, dark, and heavily-implied well-indowed ex-boyfriend yells back that he's going to LA. Leonard, upon hearing this, jumps up and yells "Noooooooo!!!!!!". Just my opinion. :)

April 30, 2011 at 4:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. Amy is the Hottest Priya is the Nottest

Mayim Bialik proves once again that she has become even more cute now that she is all growed up!

April 30, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy_hater

I never liked any of the girl cast besides Penny. But I hate Amy. If you think Amy is hot, you must be drunk and desperate.

May 1, 2011 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  29. April Fool

Man ! 4 Shelldon 2 B so smart ... why is he so dumb ? He totally dropped da ball ! Great show tho !

April 30, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

You...do...understand that he's ..... a character....and not a real person....

April 30, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  30. nameless punk

@Adman: you were first and you wasted it! That's like being first at a red light, then being caught picking yer nose when the light turns green! Where's the pithy smarta$$ comment? You BLEW IT!

April 29, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Pat

It's Mee Maw, not Maw Maw!

April 29, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |