January Jones is expecting her first child
April 29th, 2011

January Jones is expecting her first child

January Jones is known for portraying "Mad Men" mom Betty Draper (now Francis) on AMC, and now she’s ready for the real thing: CNN has confirmed that the actress is expecting.

"January Jones is happy to announce that she is expecting her first child this Fall,” a rep for the 33-year-old star said in a statement.

Jon Hamm told CNN that he's thrilled for his "Mad Men" co-star, and says that playing such a conflicted character has given her all the lessons in the world on how not to parent.

"I'm very, very excited for her and very happy,” Hamm said. “And I think she's going to be a good mom. She got a lot of practice playing a terrible mother on the show so I think she's probably learned what not to do."

Jones didn’t provide other details about her pregnancy, but a source close to the actress did tell People that she’s “really looking forward to this new chapter in her life as a single mom.”

The actress can next be seen in “X-Men: First Class” when it opens on June 3.

Filed under: Celebrities • Mad Men • television

1. Roberto

I love your heart. I will do seravel of these things, and I continually celebrate and treasure your advocacy and compassion.

February 13, 2012 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. Superhiro

@itsame I dig you completly!!If you are g@y then you may come live in a basement with me and live a happy g@y life together!!Lets go g@y s@*!!

May 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. BUFFALO

Wow! What an accomplishment! Please keep us posted on this event as often as possible.

April 30, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @N

@itsame go back to school even if it is boring!!!!!

April 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. suzanne

LIZ will you email me honey ? Maybe you an me kin hook up this weekend. Im a goin t the stock kar races. I got an extrie ticket and some chewin tobaccie.

April 29, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. suzanne

I shore do like me some black thingies ! If you dont have anythang to do this weekend email me. I gots 7 tattoos you kin look ayt.

April 29, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ted

I laffed so hard that doodoo came out of my mouth !

April 29, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name hey you

If you want to call names like children please go back to the disney forums. That should be around your age mentality. If your chubby stop drinking soda..that should help per Dr Oz. In addition you should be so lucky to have a job @ mcd's in this economy. That is all. God save the queen.

April 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. suzzi

Just because you are clueless and have never heard of her does not mean she isn't famous!!! Those of us who are Mad Men fans are very aware of who she is!!

April 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Liz

CNN are you really actually moderating these comments as stated in your policy below? The previous comments above are appalling, gross and incredibly immature.

April 29, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. itsame

I be an unedukated redneck and a complete picker! I droped out of school in the 10th grade to just hang with my friends! Now I iz totally lost and workin at McDonalds. I live with my parents and am chubby. Any tips?

April 29, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • hellogoodbye123

no................................ this is a COMMENTS section on a story about an actress who happens to be expecting a child. Show some the respect to the journalist who had to write, then edit, then send to an editor most likely in Atlanta, edit again, and finally post. Don't ask us questions unrelated to this story. You can do many many things where people can answer your questions. Like forums, blogs, help sections in magazines, the editorials in a newspaper, and stories related to your question. Being a little overweight and living with your parents has nothing to do with the entertainment section of CNN's website.

April 30, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. suzanne

The comments that have been posted here are completely vile and quite frankly ignorant!I can only hope that they reflect the fringe. Otherwise we are all in trouble.

April 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Kinda weird, isnt it suzanne. It doesnt really make any sense, either, some woman gets knocked up and suddenly its all racial. Its like seeing a story about refridgerator repair and half a dozen bigots start spouting filth about who carried the fridge in. Of course, its probably a single nutcase who is doing multiple posts under different names and addresses. Forum moderation much, CNN?

April 29, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ted

yeah

April 29, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SKY

FACT: AGAIN ANOTHER BAD EXAMPLE FOR THE YOUNG PEOPLE.

April 29, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • SKY is dumb

Ha, really? She's on Mad Men playing a drunk and a terrible mother, but children are somehow looking up to her? You need to stop blaming celebrities because your children have 3 little grandbabies that run around your trailer.

April 29, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MadCityBabe

I guess where she slammed her show in an earlier article, she shouldnt have shot her mouth off....looks like she'll need all the money for her illegitimate kid.

April 29, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Itsame

another single mother to bring down the real estate values..cant help but think of what chris rock said about single mothers..

April 29, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Michael

Something tells me the short bus from the deep south just arrived. Scary.

April 29, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Michael

When I saw the headline I was all looking forward to Christina preg pics in the coming months...drool

April 29, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sure thing

who??
    never heard of her
    guess she isnt that famous

April 29, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Always amusing how people insist on announcing both their ignorance (not knowing a now-famous actress whose background is illustrated in the article) and stupidity (posting that ignorance).

April 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nigel Tufnel

Oh, so funny! Create a comment about a story, saying you know nothing about it! So original, no one ever does that.

April 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |