The question you may be asking after 'Idol'
April 28th, 2011

The question you may be asking after 'Idol'

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

I can read some of your minds.

Now that Casey Abrams has been eliminated, I bet a few of you are questioning whether the judges threw away their save.

Admit it, some of you are still bitter that they weren't able to use it for Pia, because they had earlier saved Casey. It's OK, we can be honest here.With his growling, throw-back sound and clear love of all things jazz, wasn't it somehow clear fairly quickly that Casey wasn't your typical "Idol" contestant? Did that work against him?

Tell us what you think. Did America get it right tonight? And by the way, if you have questions for Jennifer Lopez, here's your chance to ask: Submit an iReport video with a question that’s under 15 seconds long by noon ET on Monday, May 2.

Sound off!

« Previous entry
  1. snow white

The show won't be the same without Casey. The talent that guy had was remarkable and you looked forward to watching – I guess the judges "saved him" to keep the ratings going. Seems like a snorefest from now on, and Jacob is next to go. A big surprise would be to have Lauren go to the finale with James.....but I would have to give this to James. All the best.

May 3, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kathy

It's amusing how passionate people get about the singing contestants on AI. I think they are all pretty good this year and my thinking is...we have no idea who will win. I think we all do form our opinions not just on voice but appearance as well. If that's the case, then Haley should win since she already looks like a star. James surprises me, I think I have him figured out, then he sings something I don't expect from him, his voice is quite good for a rock singer. I'm not a fan at all of country, never could figure out why Carrie Underwood won and still don't care for her music. So my vote would never be for Lauren or Scotty, even though I think they have a great future in country music, win or lose. Jacob, with the right producer and a great song I think he could be a star, but with people voting so much for appearance he'll probably never win. Casey...I knew he would go but I was glad for the save earlier. Pia was a great singer and beautiful, but too limited in her choice of song. A ballad here and there, fine, but every single week? Just as boring as country from Scotty and Lauren every week. I'm rarely surprised at who goes, just the order they are eliminated.

May 1, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. blueski

Okay so Casey comes from Austin, Texas, the live music capital of the world. Living here I can tell you the Casey's in this town are a dime a dozen. There is nothing special about him. True juazz artist here that absolutly blow him away would never waste their time on American Idol.

May 1, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. ballssmalls

I loved Casey and always rooted for him, however I always kind of got the sense that as a vocalist he was a little limited. It seems like his main niche was the growly blues man thing, and even during these songs when he had an opportunity to let go and let his voice soar he'd always break off the note in a growl. I still loved him but thought maybe hed gotten the most he could out of his voice and was running out of songs he could perform

April 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bones1918

I was a huge Casey fan, and im sad to see him go, but let's be real. the judges saved him because it gave them 11 idols o the tour. Casey being on the tour or not will be the difference between me going to see the tour. i'm sure thats true for a lot of people. Now if they could only get James knocked off the show, i wouldn't mind seeing any of the other remaining contestants win.

April 30, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jennifer

Just so you all know, Scotty has never been in the bottom 3. Last night was done in random order. So for all we know, Scotty could have gotten the most votes of the night.

-James is going to win, even though I don't care for him.
    -Lauren is an amazing singer, especially for 16. People should remember her age when they begin criticizing her for being dumb. She gets nervous in front of the camera.
    -Jacob needs to go! It's not race so don't pull that card on me. He's just the worst of those that are left.
    -Haley is like a broken record.
    -Scotty will do great, and is a talented country singer!

April 29, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sam

I'm surprised that so many "men" are fans of Karaoke Idol.

April 29, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Nolerespect

This is why it is great to be an American. Everyone has the freedom to have their own opinion. If every one liked the exact same thing or type of music, then their would not be thriving musicians/singers in every type of music. The American Idol winner will not be everyones favorite, but will instead be the majority of all the people who chose to vote. They would not need voting if everyone thought the same way!

April 29, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Camper

After reading all of the comments, instead of repeating, agreeing or disagreeing. HOW MANY OF YOU VOTED? It's like complaining about politicians etc. and not voting. Just sayin'

April 29, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Toni

In a season of terrific singers, Casey was that and more. Bring back Jazz, Casey, like you promised last night!

April 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JoAnn

Jacob should be singing in a Gospel choir, Haley should be singing in a hotel lounge, slithering to and fro as she does so well, Scotty and Lauren should form a duo and take to the road playing country bars and county fairs, James should win it and make hiis "sounds like Adam Lambert" record. And what the hell was going on with Crystal Bowersox? What was that catchy, pop tune that she did? Ugh! Whatever happened to the gritty, bluesy artist that she was? I guess she "sold out" for airplay. So Sad. Only good thing about this season was Casey and now he can get on with his real career as a seasoned musician, far beyond that of his AI cohorts.

April 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Haha

Theres a reason he was voted off twice!!!!!

April 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Whoops!

Popcorn anyone?

April 29, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. texasgal

Casey was good and I enjoyed him. I think people who are mad he got voted off are forgetting after the "save" he lasted quite a few more shows, so I don't think it's only about America not getting him. Or, he would've been voted off the next time. I'm sorry but I really don't care much for anyone left. James is fun and good and seems to be the one to beat. I like Scotty's voice but he still needs to grow and in a few years esp. around 21 he can be a megastar but not right now. Other than that, eh, to everyone else.

April 29, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JoAnn

Truth be told Casey is too good for American Idol. The other contestants can't hold a candle to his talent. When asked last night with what celebrity would he like to perform, his response was Oscar Peterson. That blew me away! How many people who watch AI know who that is? I rest my case. (By the way, I'll be the first in line to buy Casey's record).

April 29, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jeremiah

Casey is the musician of choice! And has talent far and above anyone else on AI. But his jazz and blues just isn't understood by many of the voters especially the younger ones. I loved his Hidi Ho, but likely very few were into it; that choice is probably what sent him home. Anyway, he has a great career ahead of him, just not sure how it will be.
    Hope to see a lot more of Casey. James is going to win it.

April 29, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Really?

@ Ron- Taylor Hicks is playing at a casino in Michigan, soon. At the Little River Casino. Thought you would like to know that! Lol. I still think Pia sucked, maybe that's why she didn't get enough votes to continue !

April 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Whatever...

I am not a coutry fan, but Lauren and Scotty's talent has peaked my interest. Each song Lauren sings pulls my emotional strings. I really hope she wins. And if she doesn't I hope she has the sand to develop her career. I am looking forward to hearing her sing her own track. I think Scotty is a shoe in and will have a contract with or without winning American Idol.

April 29, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JK

Are people crazy? Casey as the only real artist. Have you lost your mind. Just because someone is different does not make them an artist. Try actually being able to sing and then maybe you can be called an artist. I would bet that Casey will never have a successful singing career (at least commercial success).

April 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Has nothing to do with being "different". It's the artistic distinction between a) Someone who, plays bass, guitar, piano, horns, harmonica, sings and writes their own songs and b) teenagers doing characterless karaoke.

April 29, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mail

Go back to sleep America. The cattle have spoken. The only real artist is gone. I'm done watching...the show needs to bring in real industry artists to judge IMOP or this show is going to keep pumping out cookie cutter lounge singers.

April 29, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JK

Thank goodness casey was voted off. By no means does he have a great voice and all he could do well was growl. If being a goof ball is talent then I guess he should have won. So happy he is history

April 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  22. HaleyAllTheWaylee

Scotty IS the real-life Woody from Toy Story...just want to hear him say, "I've got a snake in my boot!".

BTW: Pia should have won.

April 29, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • are you kidding me?

Are YOU KIDDING ME!!! PIA WIN? omg omg omg... she's boring!!! holy... Imagine going to her concert... BORING!!

April 29, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. diane

Casey is off the showso lets move on and now Jacob needs to go

April 29, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremiah

Totally agree that Jacob needs to go. And should have gone earlier. And don't make it about race! He is such a nice guy, but just not that appealing to watch. Someone needs to coach him about his attire. Yikes! He'll has a future in Gospel music.

April 29, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ron

America go it right finally. Casey is gone. next is Jacob followed by the want to be cowboy Scotty. Lauren, you got talent, however the empty headed young tennies can't see it. That leaves Haley and James. I for one am tired of rockers finishing so high in the countdown. Sure, these kids have talent, and one day they will come into their own. America had it wrong as the year Taylor Hicks won. )Where is he now??????0

April 29, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ed

I am 63 years old and have tried to be a musician since my mother sang opera to me in the womb.
    I love Casey Abrams. When I watched and listened to Casey's performances, I always caught myself at some point whispering "I can't touch this!" The guy made me cry. I will not worry over his temporary departure from the scene however, since I'm positive there are musical wheels turning and that soon Casey will be seen in IMAX/3D, at every theater near you.

Keep agoin' Casey.

April 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sandy

So glad that train wreck is gone from the show! As someone else said, his own ego will sink him. For those who are trying to place him in the jazz category . . . listen to Matt Gireaux from previous season. Now there's talent - and yes. He's definitely jazz. The guy can sing and play an instrument. If the Rat Pack were still around, they would want Matt to join them.

April 29, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  27. g.g

UNREAL! It should have been Haley, Jacob, Lauren or Scotty... Casey was talented by far. I thought it would have been a James and Casey finale and would have been estatic if either of them won...but now my money is on James. I somewhat have lost interest. How I looked forward to see how James and Casey made a song all their own every week. How I am going to miss that ! These next few weeks are going to be BORING. Other than James everyone is soooo predictable.

April 29, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patrick

BORING indeed, me and the ol' lady are tuning out, it was just exciting to see what Casey was going to do next. I really h ave no interest in what any of the other contestants are going to bring next because I already know – there is no more surprise factor. James SHOULD win it now that Casey is gone. I just want Casey to release a cd because he really does sound great and his style of music is not too pop to scare off some of us fans of non-maintstream :).

April 29, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Patrick

Shouldn't this be in the Justice section? Cause voting Casey off should be a crime!

April 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  29. gman

For all of you that are truly sad that Casey and Pia are gone, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    You said you were going to stop watching idol forever after Pia got slammed, what happened? You are still here and crying and lamenting the loss of who you think is the next idol. Let's face it folks, there have really only been 2 or 3 that have moved on in this world so go on and continue to believe in reality tv. Wow, Reality? What a concept! Just another way for the leader of the lemmings to get people to follow his show!

April 29, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  30. ryan

guess thsi is what happens when you give 12 year olds cell phones and let them vote. I for one am done with this season of idol.

April 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Scott from American Idol

What about me ? I am an interesting performer too. Didnt you see me a singing last night ? When I get a recording contract and go on tour I am gonna pack em in. Weeeeeeiners that is.

April 29, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chickenhawk

Casey was the only really interesting performer left on the show, so very sad to see him go. But the show gave him the recognition he deserves, so I think he'll surprise people with his future success. Might even try an acting career - definitely has the stage presence and range needed. He has brought the best out of those around him. Hope he concentrates on singing for his album. Have heard his Youtube videos, and he actually has a great voice and an amazing range. Sorry he didn't show more of that on Idol. We'll miss you Casey!!

April 29, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  33. David

Casey may be a good musician, but as a performer he missed the mark with his growling, angry attempt to turn songs into jazz which most people do not remotely care for. He won't succeed much as an artist beyond a niche because he won't fit into any genre that people care for. That's why he was voted off the first time and again last night. He may be very talented with musical instruments but as an entertainer – he just was not nearly as entertaining to most people as the others. Unless you like angry jazz.

April 29, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  34. IAN

i love when he sings that way. it makes me feel all jiggly inside. it makes my heart flutter.

April 29, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  35. Clayton Bigsby

I think Jacob has got to go. It's like he is always constipated when he is singing...trying to loosen up that last turd.

April 29, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  36. dtcpr

America got it WRONG. I never thought Casey would win but the fact that he is gone with JACOB LUSK still standing baffles me. Jacob has basically not grown at all, each and every week i fastforwarded through my AI recording so i didn't need to ehar the whole thing. I would listen to the beginning and it would just be terrible. Casey is a multi-faceted artist, and I think J-Lo got it right, he is going to be someone important in music. Casey wasn't my favorite being as I am not a big jazz fan but I think he re-invigorated a genre of music that the youth of today know nothing about. What has Jacob done? He is still being told that parts of his songs are not right and he is no fun to listen to. Shame on us. I knew in my gut I should have voted for Casey, with his ultra-jazz number but i had to vote for James Durbin because I love him and he should/will win. I predict Casey's voted going to Haley keeping her around for the top 3 with James and hopefully Scotty(there is no denying his talent in the country music genre). I think Lauren is wonderful and beautiful but her naivety will be her downfall in the music industry, so I hope she does not win so she has some time to mature

April 29, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  37. DAN

I sure am glad my mom didnt name me Ian. I bet the kids at school sure like to kid you !

April 29, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  38. Granny Kat

@Ian..BEHAVE !!

April 29, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  39. DAN

Naaaah. I am just a straight guy that likes to see pretty girls sing. Especially ones in really short dresses ! They make me smile. I get tired od all the funny looking guys winning. They need more pretty girls. Preferably nekked ones !

April 29, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. DAN

America is sick of redneck idols. There have been many extremely tallented ladies the last few seasons. All lost out due to teen and tweens and hoomoz voting 80 plus times like the girl above. They need to limit voting to 1 per person.

April 29, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  41. Adnan

Miss Pia, but it made Idol a lot more interesting once she left. Loved Casey, sad to see him go, but it probably should have been Jacob (still not over that outfit lol). My favorites left are honestly Haley and Lauren...but I feel like it will be James and a girl who make it to the top. Regardless, Idol has been amazing full force this season. Idol seasons in best order ranking: Season 1, Season 10, Season I don't care.

April 29, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  42. Leo

Pia was sooo gooood, that the judges never expected her early exit. I'm no Pia fan, but she was good. So, with you question, did they threw away their save. My answer is No. They did the right thing saving Casey because he was better than more than half of the contestants. I didnt want him to go early either.

April 29, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  43. Sunshine Girl *

You guys need to quit comparing James to Adam Lambert! James is in no way copy catting him. Alot of rockers look like that. So are they all doing it too?Afraid not. Adam is just an arrogant/egotistical/qu**r wanna be rocker, with very minimal talent.Adam Lambert is the male version of Lady Gaga. Shock value only. please already! it getting old and tiresome. James will probably win this season. And he well deserves it. he can sing/perform well and he knows what he wants. hes focused. so let him win. ROCK ON!

April 29, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Ditto

You are absolutely right. James is not trying to be Adam Lambert. I went back and looked at Lambert's performances on you tube (I didn't watch that season of Idol). James IS what Lambert was/is TRYING to be. James is hard rock and metal. Lambert is the broadway version of hard rock (and not in a cool David Bowie way). James is straight up rock. Lambert is not. While they may have similar singing styles (which is not uncommon), Lambert is trying while James is doing.

April 29, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • TheWordMaster

THANK GOODNESS! Looks like someone knows talent when they hear it.

I like James because he doesn't let his problems and everyoneaks negativity get in his way. Every song he sings is PITCH PERFECT, and that is a rare gift. Keep rocking James! I'll vote you through every week!!!

April 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Wanless Park

Black America and Bible Belt voted tonight. As a result the most talented contestant got eliminated. James is the only decent participnt left.

April 29, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  45. Granny Kat

Absolutely disgusted..Jacob should have been voted off! Casey, best of luck in your career; I'm sure you'll go far.

April 28, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Lorraine

By the way, I'm absolutely shocked he's already gone! Picked him to win even before top 13. Was so refreshing for the show, but we all know it's not about talent & how many unique instruments someone can play or the voice. The south votes the most and unfortunately, Scotty will win. Jame Durbin will be runner-up. Always a popularity contest. Everyone knows Crystal Bowersox was the best voice by far last year. Where's Lee Dewyze since winning? Guess she wasn't cookie-cutter pretty enough. Janis Joplin and Bob Dillon weren't either.

April 28, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Hypertiff

No we are talkin about how James is so SINGLE WHITE FEMALING" Adam lambert sooo creepy! If he dyes his hair black and starts wearing nail polish I HIGHLY suggest Adam lambert get a restraining order.

April 28, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Lorraine

You said it cyn! Casey was unpredictable & entertaining every week. He was the only one who took risks. That's a true entertainer & was so enjoyable. Face it. He's the one everyone looked forward to seeing every week, because he was unpredictable & talented. That's an entertainer & I am officially done watching Idol this year. What's the point? Another boring country singer or sucky rock star will have their 15 minutes. Casey could of been Idol's Esperanza Spalding this year. Can't wait to see him on Leno!

April 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Really?

We're still talking about Pia? Pia sucked!

April 28, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Hypertiff

Dear Adam lambert wannabe please spare us our eye sight and DONT wear sleevless shirts. No one wants to see your flabby arm fat. Thanks!

April 28, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. David Daniels

I thought for sure that JACOB was out thinking that America is tire of his screeching and willow soft personality but he prevailed tonight. My money is on Scotty to go all the way. He is a wonderful pure country ballardeer who sounds fantastic, professonal, polished with everything his voice touches. Seems bread basket America and honest in the face he presents on the show. I'm not even the biggest counrty music fan but you can tell something unusal when you hear it with STAR quality written all over his voice. I'd want to buy his first CD to see what he does with the music. . He will fit in well with professional artists already in the market and with the right material he will be the male version of Carrie Underwood. Country Pop crossover. I also like Lauren very much who not only has a truely beautiful voice at only 16 years old. She definitely has the quality to be GREAT and make a gig mark with the right material crafted for her voice. I like that she's sixteen and not trying to act like 25. James, who many think will go all the way, is too one dimensional rock, voice somehwhat like Adam Lambert but without the beauty, polish, and quality of Lamberts voice and certainly not the depth to twist any song he sings into a master peice of theater storytelling like Lambert does. But that's only what I think. Americas got some diverse ears and tastes.

April 28, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • mrskool

Wrong ! country music makes my ears bleed and just looking at Scotty makes me ill ! Plus he is such a dork its truly embarrassing.

Lauren is a sweet girl with a lovely voice but i dont see either of these 2 making it anywhere except maybe Nashville.

April 29, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Deb

In reply to NELLY....how can you can Lauren dumb? She is only 16 years old and has carried herself w/ maturity and grace. The rest will come as she continues to grow. Wow...attack a teenager?

April 28, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Alan

Pia was just a voice, Casey had the voice and the musical talent. Casey in my opinion is the better contestant out of them all.

April 28, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • just me

Casey was a very untalented brown-nosing show off and couldn't sing worth a darn. I am ecstatic because he's gone.
      He's the worst since Sanjaya and a total disaster to A-Idol. Stray cats in the middle of the night sound better. Good, good riddance!

April 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  54. cyn

Loved Casey! American Idol needed someone different and he was it. The show won't be the same without him; he was fun!

April 28, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Morgan

I am SO glad that Casey went home! His growling was very annoying and got old fast. James is just a Adam Lambert wannabe and will never be as good. I hope he is the next one to go home. Both girls are good in my opinion. Jacob needs to go also... I'm just not feeling him.

SCOTTY ALL THE WAY!!!

April 28, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

I feel him...but i don't get Scotty..a physique only a mother would love and wierd facial expressions at that! Nearly the only week i could get excited about Scotty was that if he sang, Midnight Cowboy's...Everybody's Talking..but play it safe Scotty didn't have the moxie to go there!

April 28, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hypertiff

Your soooo right Morgan Adam lambert wannabe needs to go! Adam lambert himself called out James for copying him a few days ago! There can only be one Adam lambert sorry posers!

April 28, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • DAVID DANIELS

EXCELLENT commentary on right on the mark. I'm also glad Casey is out. He is not an Esperanza Spalding. Scotty ALL THE WAY and maybe LAUREN second place. I like Haleys raspy voice and she's still going to find a following as a female rocker. still she's no Allison Iraheta in the female rocker category. problem is everyone besides Scotty just sounds like I want to be like an american idol wannabee previous seasons. Only SCOTTY and LAUREN have what it takes to make their own unique mark to make other want to follow their suit! I tuely wish that JACOB has gone first before casey though.

April 28, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  56. anne

Queen Jacob should've gone home tonight. It's difficult to watch hm sing. Casey is very talented and I liked his style. Just goes to show what a popularity contest the show is....and how it's not really about that much talent. Just like most music today.

April 28, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

Well, Jacob will be glad to know he is popular! However, Jacob has a great voice! And it's a privilege to hear him sing!

April 28, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Journalgirl

I thought it was for Casey to go but he will have a great career ahead of him so don't worry people. I would like to see Scotty and Lauren make it to the finals. They both sing from the heart and are genuine. Did anyone notice Haley laughing again when it was announced that Casey was voted off the show? That girl has no manners and we hope she goes home next week.

April 28, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

Ah, leave Hailey alone! She was gorgeous on Wednesday night. i'm sorry cowboy boots, just don't go with the avante garte Carole King!

April 28, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnonymousGirl

I didn't see her laugh at all. If anything she was tearing up trying to hold back tears saying goodbye to her dear friend.

April 30, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Patrick

Casey made me laugh, cry and get excited every time my wife and I sat down to watch Idol. This is the only time we have ever tuned in and now it is going to be hard to find a reason next week. Hurry up with your album Casey because I want to buy it!

April 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Terry Dixon

I will not watch the show anymore I have seen the rock and roll which I like but its either rock or country that america vote for and it is to stale for it to run to much longer, a real artist has been passed over for what yet another cowboy or metal man. American people haven't got a clue, at least some parents took the cell phones away from their teenager kids and we got rid of paul it started looking up, but that was short lived, americas got their blinders back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erick

AS ALWAYS!!!! AND...the only book that interest most of 'em is the McDonalds menu!!!

April 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Diana

Somebody should work with Casey for his album, which definitely will buy.. Didn't like James before, but after seeing his effort to remain in the show, I really appreciate. My bet for the final 3 would be Jacob, James and Scotty...

April 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Peace

Wow! I tryed twice to wish Casey well & they won't post it. Yet they post justin beibers remark...? All I can say is, hmmm ?

April 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Michele

No, America did not make the best decision. Casey was one of the best on the show. He's a true performer.

April 28, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

America did great. i myself voted for Casey 60 x's. I thought he was very entertaining last night. but America spoke. i can respect that! i voted less for Hailey, but she made it through!

April 28, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Hypertiff

Hahahaha @justin beiber

April 28, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  64. cameron

As a fellow artist in the public eye I feel that america idol is very sectional .....jacob,scotty and lauran all sing for the southeren vote....nd thats bs.... I think the final two should be haley and james cause their real artist that have a solid tone

April 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Erick

If ever there was a day a person could feel like it was one of the lonliest....for me, it would be today. Casey Abrams had immense talent and deserved to move on. I will not be able to watch until the season is over and done. Haley...win it for Casey. :-)

April 28, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

I'd like Jacob to win it for America. That America can look beyond their prejudices and truly see the talent that Jacob has! Yes, Jacob is a little different..but we all might be if we'd lost a father at age 12. But Jacob has a great God given voice!

April 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • dtcpr

@nelly- I cannot stand Jacob and it has nothing to do with prejudice and everything to do with lack of talent, and if you want to pull the dead dad card don't forget that James Durbin's dad comitted suicide when he was 9. Stop making excuses for your prejudices and realize he has no talent compared to the other contestants

April 29, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Sandi

Good god, there's nothing more annoying than when people chalk everything up to racism. I, hands down, wanted Niama to win and it had nothing to do with race. On the other hand, I absolutely cannot stand Jacob and that, too, has nothing to do with race.

As for Casey – no I don't regret the judges using their save on him. I just wish he and Pia can both be successful because I think they're both very talented.

April 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Gloria

Although Pia has a great voice, she had no stage presence – she did not let us see her personality. I was pleased that
    Casey was saved. I am hoping James will win it all! He is a great talent who loves performing!

April 28, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Wendy

I'm very sorry to see him go and do not think the save was a waste. They are all talented at this stage of the show and not winning has turned out to benefit a lot of the contestants. Casey's star will still shine, I have no doubt.

April 28, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Hypertiff

IT'S ABOUT TIME! That the ugly hairy foot casey got voted off thank god he couldn't sing a note! Adam lambert wannabe should go next! Scotty for the win baby!!!

April 28, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erick

Scotty? He will be voted off next. James or Haley are both more talented than him. Hey have you ever noticed Scotty's MAJOR resemblance to Alfred E. Newman??? LOL!!! Stretch his ears out and toss a few freckles on him....dead ringer!! :-)

April 28, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

There's a reason..Scotty keeps showing up in the bottom 2. America is tired of him already! And Lauren is about as dumb as Kelly Pickler, she can go next!!

April 28, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • roadhole

eveybody is wrong!

April 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  69. TOM

I SAY LETS CELEBRATE THAT CASEY IS GONE
    HEE WAS AND IS A HAS BEEN.
    HIS OWN EGO WILL DESTROY HIM

April 28, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JImbo

You're a schmuck Tom. Casey could never be considered a has been. He has more talent in his pinkie finger than any of the other contestants combined.

April 28, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lulu

Tom, I couldn't agree with you more. His ego will sink him!!!

April 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Linda

James will win it all – he is a more versatile performer – Casey was just too offbeat for most – that growling thing got irritating fast – BUT – he and Pia and all the 11 will be on tour and make more money in a summer than most have made in a year. After that – it is a willingness to develop and work with good producers – remember – it is JUST a game – not a real evaluation of who can sing – once they get down to final 10 (or this year 11) – all were talented, skilled and unique in lots of ways. Jennifer Hudson didn't win either – and she is doing OK

April 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erick

Hear-Hear. I agree. Anyone that was standing in the last 11 will have a good life if they choose the right path... Well said!

April 28, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Mikhael

Casey was obscenely talented, the musicians favorite too. It was a waste if you wanted a contender made of superficial talent, which is honestly what the show has been about, and I don't mean to take away from that.
    Now I just need to get lucky enough for Casey to get signed, because that's an album I want.

April 28, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mariann

I agree with you Mikhael. Casey is an amazing musician who will go far...he rocked us at the end tonight...I could just feel his energy and though I wanted to cry, I couldn't help but smile. I'll buy a concert ticket to listen to him!

April 28, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bi

Oh, don't worry – he'll have an album out. Don't forget, you can still see him on the tour!!

April 29, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Brian

I stopped watching years ago after Melinda Doolittle got voted off. But, truth be told, I should have stopped watching once Chris Daughtry got voted off.

April 28, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Yah right. You stopped watching, but you just read everything about it? This is one of the best seasons ever. There is a great variety. Some of the commenters don't get that not everyone likes the same type of music. I myself appreciate many types of music and enjoy all the singers. Personally I'd have kept Pia and although he's talented Jacob just isn't my cup of tea.

April 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Troy

Oh, you're still watching Idol? You do realize that its 2011... FYI.

April 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Maddie

America, you just voted off the most talented musician/song writer on Idol this season!!!! Hopefully, Lauren and James will go on to the finals!! So disappointed. Love you, CAsey!!!!

April 28, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Donna

I actually like Casey and hate to see him go. I was not sorry to see him saved. He always entertained me.

April 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Michi

It's sad that the only decent person on the show is now gone. They didn't waste their save. America just doesn't know how to vote for the better singer rather than who looks good. Luckily, Casey will be more famous than any of the others.

April 28, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

I agree. He had more talent wrapped up inside then half those country only singers parading around on the stage. Not all of America wants another Nashville hit......... Not to mention another Elvis Presley. Considering that's about all Scott can do..As far as Jacob I wont lie he may be able to blow some Luther .. with his lisp he tries hard . but hes really not an American Idol. Regardless to Americas votes . Pia Could hit any note blow and hold what she wanted. Casey could preform and just let his soul sing. Sad to see the 2 best on Idol go for some Nashville hits...

April 28, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Oh, boy! There you go. Jacob is just as much of an American Idol as the others. You may not like his voice or his race but it is wrong to say he's not an American Idol. Maybe he should show the long form of his birth certificate too?

April 29, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • DT74

Chris it sure didn't take long to make it about race did it. You have a great argument because none of the past winners on the show were black.....Oh wait.

April 29, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Casey was/is TERRIBLE! What show are you guys watching that you think he's good? I wish Simon was still on the show so that he could have ripped Casey apart long ago. I wholeheartedly agree that they wasted their save on Casey. He's going nowhere. He got by on being a novelty and he's not going to be a successful "artist". That notion is laughable.

April 29, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Michael

I may not watch until James wins it all. I cannot believe that Scotty and Lauren are still around. How unfortunate that a real artist is gone.

April 28, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • joie

absolutely agree. casey is a real artist, a great singer song writer combo. i guess he's not for the main stream. why don't they just give it to james already. no one comes close anyway. i thought it could be james and casey in the last two spots as both are very talented and could sing just about anything. what a shame.

April 28, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nelly

Casey is Mr. Entertainment. But like Pia..he deserves to be gone! Good job America. In past weeks, Casey is a little weak on group sings or duets(i don't commit what it was to memory..but generally, i realize he's not the strongest singer). It's o.k., he was in the top 6! What an accomplishment! heck, what was Pia..8 or something!!

April 28, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua

It makes me sick first of all Pia got voted off being one of the best vocalist on there. I almost stopped watching the show. If it wasn't for Casey and his brilliant style, and phenomenal vocals I would have not given the show a breath of my time. I'm sad to see Casey get voted off, when you have Jacob singing with a lisp sounding horribly . Then Lauren who cant sing anything but her winy raspy crap literally. I don't get half of Americas voting . The only one left to win , and is worth it besides the 2 I named getting voted off is James. Honestly Casey should have won it. He could sing , perform. Had various talents. As compared to the rest who have 1 ability and no range whatsoever . Just my opinion.

April 28, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • roadhole

can't county people be true artists, also? I'm sure you know someone in oklahoma

April 28, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenni

I agree Michael...Scotty and Loren (especially Loren) should have been gone weeks ago...

April 29, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl

Don't bet on it...we all thought Crystal Bowesox had it all sown up last yr!! And Adam Lambert the yr before, and David Archuletta the yr before that!! And remember yrs ago when Jennifer Hudson was booted early and Fantasia won!!!!

April 29, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I think they are all very talented and represent a few genres – what I have to say though is that Casey's exit song/performance and follow on exit interview was one of the classiest I have seen. No tears, No regrets just a great statement to leave behind – love what he does or not,I do, he get 10 out of 10 for going out BIG!

April 29, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • lorislp

Completely agree

April 29, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jansun101

I loved Casey and I like Scott and Lauren. Scotty needs to sing a different genre.

May 1, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |