'Social Network' actor being eyed for 'Lone Ranger'
April 28th, 2011

'Social Network' actor being eyed for 'Lone Ranger'

"The Social Network" star Armie Hammer is Hollywood's latest "It" boy. After landing the role of Prince Charming in the upcoming live-action "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White" movie, Hammer is being eyed to play the title character in "The Lone Ranger."

Ryan Gosling was initially in talks to portray the masked Texas ranger in director Gore Verbinksi's update on the classic character.

According to The Wrap, Gosling is now out of the running, and Hammer—who played the Winklevoss twins in "The Social Network"—is circling the role. Johnny Depp is already on board as the Lone Ranger's sidekick, Tonto.

Hammer certainly seems to be on a roll these days. Besides landing "Snow White" and possibly headlining "The Lone Ranger," he will also appear opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in "J. Edgar" as J. Edgar Hoover's lover.

The actor wasn't always so lucky, however. In 2007, he was cast as Batman in the "Justice League of America" movie, which was called off days before shooting because of the writer's strike.

1. hair straightener

I've been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours today, yet I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It is beautiful worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the web shall be a lot more helpful than ever before.

April 26, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Pat Longoria

Thank goodness the movie won't be made. Enough remakes already.

August 16, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. The Chief

Sorry, but Armie Hammer doesn't look like the "he-man" type to be the Lone Ranger. Is this the best we can find?

May 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lady Gag

Depp is absolutely correct, Native Americans have been portrayed in a ludicrous manner for decades and I'm sure he's just the one to do his part to change that.......high time too

May 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kathy

It is admazing how no matter what the subject people have mean negatived ideals. mean and cruel things to say. lots of unhappy people in this world..

May 11, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. IAN

DOOOOO DOOOOOO PEEEE PEEEEE GRANDMA !

April 29, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. DAN

I wish someone would post some good doodooo jokes this morning. Everyone is being too nice.

April 29, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. DAN

They are also remaking The Great Gatsby in 3D ! I wonder if the lead is practicing smiling in the mirror ?

April 29, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  9. party

its cheaper for them have ppl to ruin a classic movie/tv shows than to hire people who are willing to write originals

April 29, 2011 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. Matermind

Damn that's a lot. Hollywood lost its touch or they are just plain lazy.

April 29, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Big Chief DooDee Pie

After the long ranger finished Tontos ass screwing Tonto would clean the fudge from Kemosbis tool.

April 29, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. Superhiro

Heh, well I dunno if I have the patience to check them all, but just off the top of my head we have... lone ranger, three stooges, the bodyguard, superman reboot, spiderman reboot, xmen reboot, batman reboot after nolan's last movie, we recently had the karate kid, annie remake, wizard of oz prequel. I'm SURE I'm forgetting more than a few. I wish cnn would do a story on hollywood's remake fever as it's getting ridiculous

April 28, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Peace

Superhiro, for sure! You wanna be in charge of that job? Seriously. We'd be amazed at the #, I'm sure ! Let us know & good luck w/ your research !

April 28, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Superhiro

Man.. one of us should start a tally of how many garbage remakes Hollywood has announced this year. This has to be at least the 20th one.

April 28, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Evel Knievel

Is the Lone Ranger going to be realistic where Lone Ranger goes and gets that drunk Injun Tonto off the reservation?

April 28, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Butt Weasel

The Lone Ranger would ply Tonto with FireWater then screw his Indian ass 9 ways to Sunday.

April 29, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • AshannaK

Hey, Knievel: Zip the lip...or whatever else needs zipping. Tonto was a Mohawk.
      So am I. SO unless you know what you're talking about, shut it. Jay Silverheels
      did a bang-up job in the roll and Johnny Depp will also. Who do you think would
      be better, YOU? Plllleeeeeeaassseeeee!!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

Johnny Depp as Tonto? Now that will be interesting !the J Edgar Hoover movie, uhhh, I think I'll pass on that 1.

April 28, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |