Justin Timberlake: Friends with benefits? Bad idea
April 28th, 2011

Justin Timberlake: Friends with benefits? Bad idea

While hooking up with his best female pal may seem like fun in his upcoming movie, Justin Timberlake believes real-life casual relationships can sometimes get too serious.

"It's a really good idea until it becomes a bad idea," the "Friends With Benefits" star tells Ellen DeGeneres on Thursday's edition of her talk show. "It probably becomes a bad idea really fast."

Timberlake, who co-stars with Mila Kunis in the steamy new comedy, adds that emotions inevitably get in the way.

"If you're going to be intimate with someone, at some point somebody's going to feel something," he says.

And if the sex is bad?

"They'll develop a feeling," says Timberlake, "but it's going to be uh-uh."

Is that what happens in his on-screen relationship with Kunis? Find out when "Friends With Benefits" opens in July.

1. work

salutations from over the ocean. detailed post I will return for more.

April 9, 2013 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. auto comments, auto seo, auto trackbacks

Great site. A lot of helpful information here. I am sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you to your sweat!

January 13, 2013 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. icon set

Rather useful message

October 9, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. icon design

It is error.

October 4, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. twisted

Evel, go jump a canyon or something. maybe you can miss the landing and do a Wile E. Coyote! SPLAT!!! ...meep meep!

April 28, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. yep

One word: Britney

April 28, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sheenius

Fudge packing is great! But only in a girls rump!

April 28, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ruth

With all the issues facing this country, and all of this stupidity no wonder were in the mess were in. People grow up. Its a movie pretend fake whatever. Unreal.....

April 28, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Stephen

I'm so glad I'm gay. If I spent as much time as straight person flinging the gay word, lifestyle, and everything else within the gay community I'd go crazy. NO THANK YOU! Do you hear gays talking bout straight people in the same manner? FIND A BETTER WAY TO USE YOUR BORROWED TIME OF LIFE.

April 28, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

They talk sht to other straight guys cause they are intimidated and jealous. They talk sht to gay guys cause y'all are gross nasty fudge packers. I don't hold it against y'all, just the way you were born..... that being said, it is still super super gross to the n'th degree. Sorry, but us straight guys have little to know respect for you real fairy boys. Just the idea of it makes me alil' upchuky in the mouth, especially with how forward and aggressive you queens have become. If you can tell the guy is straight then don't hit on him and he won't hit you. Girls can flirt with us not you filthy hairy queens.

April 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dave

Lol relax everyone its publicity this article and what he says just makes woman want to go see the movie, its called box office hype! That's it! So if u like jt and mila go seem em! Good day!

April 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. DOOK OF EARL

I am not a republican ! I am a DooDooDOCRAT ! My trailer is a good un though ! I have 2 bathrooms so I can doodoo in each ! That is why my friends call ne THE DOOK !

April 28, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Justin Timberlake

I have syphillis of the throat.

April 28, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ART

Ok lady love talk to me when you complete 3rd grade, Dook of earl, are you one of these red neck trailer park freaks with no job republican without teeth

April 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • ART

I almost forgot. Are there any well endowed men here? Im lookin for some hot men to run a long train on me...take turns pounding my rump and having me guzzle their goober gravy. Send me your phone numbers.

April 28, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. YEAH

I bet you eat dooodooo. You troll !

April 28, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Believer

I hate this and all kinds of hatred. Let everyone live their way. We are all different and trying to find security in an insecure world. Let It Be!

April 28, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. DOOK OF EARL

Valerie and Rebecca need to hook up and explore their innermost desires. I bet they believe obamos birth certificate is real.

April 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Martini and Rossi

At parties Justing excuses himself to the mens room, discards the olive in his Martini, pulls down his drawers, drops in a few homemade Milk Duds and its Party Time!

April 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Justin Timbersnake

My female friends just love my eleven-inch "benefit". They buy me clothes and give me money just to ride the "python of love".

April 28, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ga Peach

I doubt JT is gay! This is something said about any half-way nice looking guy in Hollywood! I don't know how he attracts the hot girls he dates but I think it is because in the Hollywood life style, that is the guys/gals they meet. They can't just go out to clubs and meet someone...has to be someone famous!

April 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rebecca

JT is HOT HOT HOT and not Gay! All the "Gay" comments from you men lead me to believe you are all just hot for him but can't come out of the closet! What a bunch of Jealous losers!

April 28, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

When men are jealous of another male's looks, they call him "gay"....they start doing that in the 7th grade and the ones who never gorw up (and are unattractive) never stop......that is just the way of the male......it's pure jealousy, and that is all it is..........

April 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

They are just jealous girl. Most men (excluding me of course) are idiots, jealous idiots with below average penis'. I don't pretend to understand them. I just fk the women they can't get and beat them up when they talk sht to me in a club.

April 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  21. suzi starz n peace

wow–anyone can hook up and have kids. A gay guy and a lesbian can hook up and have a kid together–it isn't hard!!!!! Besides do we just keep making babies for the sake of making babies without regard to issues of overpopulation and famine and poverty?? Whats wrong with not having babies????? Hello!!!!!! anyways why is justin timberlake gonna talk the talk about friends with benefits not being a good idea and then turn around and make a new movie that sends the exact opposite message? Which is it justin? Looks like some people will do anything for money. Obviously he doesnt think that he makes much of an impact on people. its sad more people dont realize their own individual power and potential.

April 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ladylove

All of u gay will have 2 stand b 4 god on ur day 2 all the gay mens get a woman real fast 2 all the gay woman get a man b 4 its 2 late 4 u all time is almost up man and woman was put here 2 make babys not man and man and not woman and woman just man and woman me myself i love 2 have a man up in me and im all woman from the day i was born think about how god will act when u come 2 his home. love 2 all mens from a real woman

April 28, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grammar police

Wow! Is it REALLY that difficult to write out the word "to" instead of 2? The word "be" is also only two letters long, you need to abbreviate that to one letter? Ok, I get it, the word "for" is way too long and must also be shortened. This isn't a text message to your pals. Write like a human being.

April 28, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • JamesJJJJJ

please just kill yourself

April 28, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

I stopped reading your comment once I noticed that you were using numbers in place of words.
      You are a kindergartener. That is German, by the way (btw for those who don't know what it means when spelled out) for pre-schooler.

April 28, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Goobers for Justin

Goobers for Justin is a childrens charity. The idea is we will pay $1.00 for every goober justin chugs down within a 24 hour period.

GENTLEMEN...START YOUR GOOBERS!!

April 28, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  24. T's Girl

Stupid movie-Friends w/benefits is ALWAYS a bad idea! What a lame way to make a living.

April 28, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Maryann

Oops....I must have stumbled into the kiddie area of CNN by mistake. Sorry.

April 28, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  26. L.L.

Remember back years ago when he was in that gay poornoo movie and he was gobbling on a weiner ? GROSS AMIGOS !

April 28, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. jules

One of the best young entertainers in the business!

April 28, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. ralphie

Pubuichair guy JT. Mila your crazy

April 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. dude

who would give this guy any benefits anyway?

April 28, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. bobo

Hey Kwami Allstar, try practicing the "English" thing a little bit more before posting on a blog.

April 28, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. hippiesmile71

OMG! This is why I'm glad I am married. The men out there SUCK! Why does a man who respects women considered gay? Get over it, JT is talented, fine and he knows how to treat a lady!

April 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  32. t3chsupport

Lol, haters gonna hate. Jealous much?

April 28, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  33. JTOK

Here is a man displaying sensitivity and emotional stability. He knows what not to do in a relationship. He's thinking of both participant's needs and wants.

And for this he is labeled 'gay' and 'sad'? Hmmm. Look in the mirror guys. You may be lashing out at JT because he represents what you wish you were.

Take note – real women like real men who think, feel, and communicate. It's called being grown up.

April 28, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  34. peter

why can't we leave a comment on any of the articals that are interesting instead of just the entertainment section, and why do all of the blogs I've seen turn into a gay argument. Cnn sucks ass, oops sorry to turn you all on

April 28, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Biff Muscleworth

Well Peter, you see, it's because this blog made the unfortunate design mistake of using hot pink lettering. Attracts the gays like a bug-zapper, that hot pink lettering.

April 28, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

@Peter, you're obviously a fudge packer yourself.

April 28, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  35. sheenius

Hes a sad little, little man.

April 28, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  36. Fan

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4oIzGirxkU&w=640&h=390]

April 28, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  37. Jon

so much insecurity from people being displayed by the comments here. jealously is an unattractive quality fellas.

April 28, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • jarry

sorrry i get it your a fan of JT. but just cause people know he cant act dont mean there jealous.sure few of his songs are catchy. but there a lot of crappy songs that are catchy.and all of his music is crappy. just like basically all the pop music out these days by justin bieber or NKOTBSB lady gaga etc.

April 17, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Lorin

LOL @ JenT.

April 28, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  39. L.L.

Can anyone say queen ?

April 28, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. Himey

What a shame the HOT BOX Kunis had to be in a movie with timberlake.

April 28, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I'm not watching Ellen today for Justin Timberlake. I'm watching for Lady Gaga!

April 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. no comment

you seriously sound like an idiot

April 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. no comment

oh my...what the hell is wrong with some of you people...trump lover...bet you like that stupid comb over and all the crap that comes out of his mouth...what a waste you both sound like...

April 28, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |