'Idol' Top 6 results show
April 28th, 2011

'Idol' Top 6 results show

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

8:58 p.m. - Seacrest says "This is what talent looks like" before we get sung out.

We knew it was only a matter of time, but I still don't think I was ready.Cassy is running around getting love from the audience and a few kisses (by pretty much grabbing women and planting one on their cheek). He also gets a little close to Jennifer Lopez and her, ahem, girls. Even heading home, the kid is having a good time.

The cutest moment is when he saves the line "You're mine" from "I Put a Spell On You" for Haley, who he is rumored to be dating. He sings it to her while staring in her eyes. All together now: Awwwwwww!

I still heart you, Casey!

8:56 p.m. – Fairly quickly we learn that Jacob is safe.

That leaves Casey and Scotty. And the person going home is...

Casey!

8:48 p.m. –  I love me some Bruno Mars.

He is such a talented singer/songwriter. He sings his "Lazy Song" and it's just so catchy. It's my official Saturday song.

8:42 p.m. –  Wow.

Jimmy Iovine says Jacob is on a banana peel when it comes to his status.

And sure enough, Jacob, Lauren, Scotty and Casey are center stage.

Out of that group only Lauren is safe.

Our bottom three is Jacob, Casey and Scotty.

8:40 p.m. – James is up, and you just know that kid is safe.

His performance was a-maz-ing last night (finally caught it on YouTube since I missed it because of storm coverage here in Atlanta) and Jimmy thinks he could win if he picks the right songs.

Ryan doesn't keep us hanging and we learn that James is safe!

8:35 p.m. –  Casey gets called on the carpet again for the growling.

Iovine says he needs to realize that the "family dog" doesn't vote, so cut it out. Casey says it's just his passion for music.

Uh-huh. It's still weird.

He heads back to the couch again with no decision. Stop playing with my emotions, Seacrest!

8:33 p.m. – I totally agree with Jimmy that Lauren focuses on the negative too much.

She says she needs to learn to be more grateful and not worry so much. Again Seacrest sends her back to sit down without telling us if she is safe or not.

What is going on?

8:30 p.m. - Jimmy Iovine says Scotty is "too subtle."

Scotty gets sent back to sit down without a result. That's whack.

8:28 p.m. –  Oops.

Haley had a potty mouth slip after watching Iovine critique her performance from last night. He agreed with J-Lo that Haley has one of the best voices in the competition, but thinks she needs to figure out who she is as an artist.

Apparently, we are trying this new thing of watching last night's action and comments and I wonder if this will be every week.

And Haley is safe!

8:23 p.m. –  Oh mercy.

Seacrest is asking fan questions.

We learn that Casey wants to jam with jazz great Oscar Peterson. I could see that. Jacob learned when he was a little boy that he had a great vocal range and Lauren is missing her friends and family back in Georgia. She sends love out to everyone who was affected by the recent tornado.

And booooo to Ryan for calling Scotty "Scotty the Body." That's Scott Savol's nickname from seasons ago. Our Scotty used to work in a grocery store by the way. And James was in a band.

8:15 p.m. – Crystal Bowersox still has her favorite microphone stand, I see.

She sings "Ridin' with the Radio," and I still can't believe she didn't win last season. She's awesome.

8:05 p.m. –  The gang sings a medley of Carole King tunes and the ladies look so pretty.

They are really pushing this Scotty the hottie thing by having him sing "Go Away Little Girl" surrounded by a group of swaying girls. Wow.

8:02 p.m. –  Seacrest has a very cheesy grin tonight and he says a lot of fans will be disappointed tonight.

Steven Tyler has a crazy, floppy hat. Dude looks like a lady.

I guess it's all good, though, because Ryan lets us know that Tyler is on the cover of two magazines this week: Rolling Stone and People.

And even "Idol" isn't immune to the Brit storm. They head over to the British consulate to celebrate the impending royal nuptials. Dang those fish and chips look good!

Hello Fred Willard who wants to push Casey into the pool. Wonder what he's doing there.

8:00 p.m. – I am so ready to find out who is going home tonight.

And away we go!

1. kendra12

james is amazing!! hes gna win the whole thing... just you watch:)

May 2, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. EMMA

AMERICA DOESNT NEED ANOTHER REDNECK IDOL.

April 29, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. ER

HIs voice is just soooooo gross. All of our patients boo when he starts in with the deep gomer pyle jim neighbors howling.

April 29, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. ER

I am an ER nurse an we have this on in the waiting room. We are forced to watch it. I see many unfortunate individuals that have been in misshaps, etc. All of us, even the patients, applauded when scottie made the bottom 3. It really seemed to cheer everyone up ! Thank you American Idol !

April 29, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. AndreC

Well isn't this a kick in the head. The guy that they used the ONLY save on is out. meanwhile I see Pia all over the place
    on TV shows. Obviously that save should have been used on her. She,s better than any of the five left and will be the
    most famous. Sorry but they blew it.

April 29, 2011 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sunshine Girl *

Once again James takes the cake! Hes definately gonna take the winning spot.

April 29, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. 1 Overworked Brain Cell

What in the world are you guys thinking while your voting? Or are you even thinking at all? Haley shouldve never even made it thru Round 1 to Hollywood! She cant sing. Shes a cheap/trampish/back hills country Janis Joplin wanna be. That fake gravelly dog like growling isnt singing. The outfits she wears look like run down thrift store throw aways. She straightened her hair but that didnt help anything. And try a different shade of clairol for a change. She looks/acts dumb enough without being blonde. GO HOM

April 29, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. Scott

There's no reason to watch now... the only real talent is gone. Once again, America fails.

April 29, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sunshine Girl *

The so called Bottom 3 on tonites show was just a ploy to lengthen the suspense. I believe they threw Scott in like that to add to the drama. There really was no Bottom 3 on tonites show. Was anyone else thinking that besides me? @B lo me..Havent heard from you in some time now. I hope your ok w/all the storms and such down there! [Smiles!]

April 28, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bottom Three- NOT

Those were NOT the bottom three. Scotty was most likely #1 in votes and Lauren probably a touch above Haley (they probably tried to scare voters to make sure she stays above Haley :( ). Looking at dial idol and past results Haley was probably second or third lowest, sadly. Hope people don't get complacent for her now and go completely crazy with the country vote....

April 28, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sarah Gritzman

I feel like not watching Idol ever again. I still fell as though the American People do not have the right to give the final say so, and the rules should change for next season. That is only fair.
    I also feel the final three that were to be considered to go home should have been Jacob, Scottie, and Lauren. I really like listening to Scottie because I love country singing, and Lauren is a cute girl and has a wonderful voice. Jacob sings very good but he either cannot or will not sing every kind of song there is. That is ashame. After getting off of American Idol he can sing what he wants but he needs to do more of what they say to sing. Jacob should have gone home tonight and not Casey. Casey is a fantastic singer, entertainer, plays every kind of instrument there is, and sings jazz very good, I would go anywhere to see him to entertain.

April 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. annie

I think it is a good show, but a lot of great talent is losing out to the very young voters who are voting for reasons other than talent. I heard it suggested a while back that maybe the votes should be split....50% from the public and 50% votes from the judges. Sounds good to me.

April 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. beep

Why don't thay just declare James the winner and end this horribly boring and otherwise talentless season.

April 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • JE

Hey beep!
      Here's what you need to do: veeeeerrrrryyyy slowly and quietly reach for the nearest phone,
      dial 911, and tell the operator you're being forced at gunpoint to watch this show and they need to send the police over.
      ASAP!
      Or, change the channel (I know there are only 300+ others to choose from, but life can be harsh...)

April 28, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • beep

Ouch JE. My question was rhetorical. However, There is a show starting in the next couple of months that you might want to try out for......"America's Got Talent"

April 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Ike

Wow...happy Jacob is safe..... Sorry KC Abrams....... we loved everything you were...I will miss you a whole lot....

April 28, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Erinn

Hey Lisa, did they actually say that this was the bottom three? I don't recall it, but I could be wrong.

April 28, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Erinn. Jacob, Casey and Scotty are the bottom three.

April 28, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erinn

Nope, Ryan just said the results weren't in any order. So that wasn't necessarily the bottom three.

April 28, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Thanks Erinn. As you can see above, I made the adjustment :-)

April 28, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. John Eric

Hey again Lisa Vespers France and thanks once more for the entertaining and up-to-the minute coverage.
    I've read some of these comments tonight, and damn people are being nasty!
    It's a singing show, folks! It's entertainment! It's not mandatory to watch, and you will not be tested on it at
    school tomorrow or have to write a synopsis of it for work. If you choose to watch it, rot for your favorite contested
    and shake your fist toward the sky while yelling "Booo!" at your TV screen if they're the one eliminated.
    But making comments about "'tards" and "lice" and "gay"??? How sad is your little slice of life, really?

April 28, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Eric

Uhhh, I obviously meant "ROOT for your favorite CONTESTANT", but apparently my keyboard is possessed
      or my typing sucks. One or the other...

April 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • bonniegirl

Yay to you, John Eric! Was thinking the same thing. Lisa, you were hard to find tonight – usually I click on you right in the Entertainment section here at CNN, but not tonight. I thought maybe the bad weather reached you....but nope! I had to type your name into Google to be able to click on the Marquee page. Just sayin'...lol...

April 28, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer

Hey John Eric and bonniegirl! Glad you are enjoying the recaps. The Marquee blog made way for our royal Unveiled blog, but I'm still here doing my thing. Love hanging with you guys!

April 28, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Eric

Hey again, Lisa,

I had to laugh at your comment at the 8:23 timeline that:
      "Jacob learned when he was a little body that he had a great vocal range"
      Guess it was a looong time ago since he was a "little body".
      Maybe your keyboard got possessed too?

Anyway, glad you made it safely through the storm that devastated so much of several
      Southern states, and keep up the upbeat, friendly and sweet reporting!

April 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. teresa, ohio

I'm ready to part with Jacob and Haley, the growler... growls when she cant make the high notes.

April 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • what

What? She growls when she can't hit high notes? Did you hear how crazy Mariah Carey high she got on the moanin' duet?? She has the least power on her lowest few notes! Who the heck growls the high notes? It's not even possible!

April 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ER

scott has gotta go ! he likes them young boys way too much.

April 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ER

Yeah ! That country guy just isnt right. Something way wrong with him. Too brokeback mountainy. Way too tarded. He is just creeeeepy. . . .

April 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. @ER

Don't u mean jacob? Scot is the country dude.

April 28, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ike

I mean Jacob. I don't think he is growing in this whole thing.... I don't know but he may not make it to the end..

April 28, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Ike

We are down to the wire... Jacob may not be safe

April 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Peace

I said it before, I'll say it again-love, love, love Chrystal Bowersox !

April 28, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Noelle

I wonder why they didn't promote Boxersox earlier.

April 28, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Peace

That would be fine with me, too, Ike !

April 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ike

Jacob is out tonight...I think...

April 28, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Peace

I finally watched last nights show. I was really turned off by Haley & Casey. My hopes for bottom 3 are those 2 & Jacob, with Haley going home. We'll know in a little bit!

April 28, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  27. teresa, ohio

@ ER: if youre under 18, you should quit your name calling and bullying. if youre over 18 and talking about this KID, you should be ashamed of yourself. why would you even comment on something like that? The KID has a great singing voice or he wouldnt have made it this far. I'm guessing you just dont like country music?

April 28, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |