Darren Criss: 'Glee' bully Karofsky is hilarious
April 27th, 2011

Darren Criss: 'Glee' bully Karofsky is hilarious

He may bully Kurt and Blaine on "Glee," but in real life, Karofsky (Max Adler) is just a big old softie.

"Any time I have a scene with Max I can't keep a straight face," Darren Criss, who plays Dalton Academy Warbler Blaine, tells Vulture. "It's impossible."

But Adler isn't the only cutup on set. Criss says that Dot Jones, who plays the imposing Coach Beiste, is also a laugh riot.

"So that's Coach Beiste or Karofsky," he says. "They crack me up."

But it's not all play, no work for Criss. Besides gearing up for "Glee's" upcoming concert tour, he will also be doing some writing and composing for his Chicago theater company, and possibly promoting his own record during the show's summer hiatus.

"I don't take breaks," he says. "I was a musician before 'Glee,' and 'Glee' has kind of made that career take a backseat, so I'll maybe tour around my record that came out back in July."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • television

1. @N

glee the gayest show on tv!!only gays watch it & chicks!!

April 28, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brooke

Two guys makin out... especially Blaine and Kurt... I'M THERE. Doods like l3sbians, I like geys. *shrug* Whatever man. To each their own. One of the most searched for type of p0rn on the internet is Fat People. Look it up. There are worse things then two guys making out, two fatties... that's worse.

April 28, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sweet T

I would let him do my bum bum any ole time. He could pack me until the butt gravy spewed all over the both of us.

April 28, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kiss my List

Glee needs to air more boy on boy fudgepacking episodes and cases of full blown A.I.D.S. episodes.

April 28, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. Gobblin down on goobers

That boy in the picture has mastered the gayLook.

April 28, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. @N

neva saw dis show but hear its pretty good.but before dis article i heard there were gay characters so this time i was kinda on track.

April 27, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Morgaine

Sunshine Girl in this day and age one would think that a simple kiss between two people wouldnt be such an issue that it would turn you off a show that you previously watched. You had to have seen it coming its been building all season what did you think they were just going to skip that part? I think this show has done a great job at dealing with issues that are problems for highschool students albeit not all that realistically through song but still.

April 27, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sunshine Girl *

Been turned off Glee since that g@y kiss episode. I dont think theres anything they could do to change my mind, and make me a regular viewer. Just cancel it already....Uuugh!

April 27, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sistah Souljah

shutup you stupid b!tch

April 28, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Jane Adams

Sunshine I'm guessing you must be around 80 yrs old based upon your comment. Blaine was right when he said in the 1st episode of Glee he was on; 'prejudice is just ignorance'. Frankly I would love to see Blaine and the Warblers get their own show, and Kurt can go back and forth between the 2 shows! They are all awesome, entire cast of Glee; and Kurt and Blaine are my favorites, I hope they stay together forever! Alot more kissing, singing and dancing I say!!

May 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. cheefsfury

THEIR BOTH FAT

April 27, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

You can't spell, and your comment would indicate you are a bully. Both actors are amazing. And I hardly think that the man playing Karovsky is 'fat', and Dot Jones looks very fit to me. Go away, nasty troll.

April 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sweetcheeks

It's THEY'RE, not THEIR

April 28, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Douglas

@Your kiss is on my list:
      Maybe if Glee was based in your life....

April 28, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Douglas from Spain

@Your kiss is on my list:
      Maybe if Glee was based on your life....

April 28, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • tom

What an a#$*&@e....hope you gain the 60lbs you surely will in your future real fast.

April 28, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. Super Joe Einhorn

Ya Evel, you know all about fudgepackin.

April 28, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |