Simon Cowell: Paula Abdul in talks for 'X Factor'
April 25th, 2011

Simon Cowell: Paula Abdul in talks for 'X Factor'

Paula Abdul may soon reunite with her "American Idol" nemesis Simon Cowell: The entertainer is in negotiations to join the judges' panel on Cowell's upcoming talent competition, "X Factor."

"I've always wanted Paula. Always been very vocal about that," Cowell tells Deadline. "I missed her the second she left the show. Always loved working with her even though she can be a pain."

Cowell, who will serve as judge alongside music producer Antonio "L.A." Reid, adds that he doesn't quite understand his connection to Abdul. "I don’t know what it is about her, but I've always clicked with her. You just have to get that chemistry, and she's right," he says. "I've never found anyone better than her."

"When I hired her initially, I'd only met her literally once when I offered her the job on [British] 'X Factor.' I thought she was bright, cute, knew what she was talking about, ambitious," he says. "She's just got a great ability to communicate. She's a great judge. She's smart. It's just a hunch. If people take to her like the British public did, I think she's going to do really well in America."

Of course, Cole's rep tells CNN, there hasn't been an official announcement that the singer is joining the judges' table for the reality show, which premieres on Fox in September.

1. security systems singapore

I get pleasure from, lead to I discovered just what I was taking a look for. You've ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

July 30, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. lien tom

Congrats gang rapper. You completed a course on how to act more like a normal human being instead of heathen ghetto trash. Most people can do this on their own without taking a class FYI.

June 21, 2011 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. Cowell is the BEST

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkvadq4VjA&w=640&h=390]

April 26, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ernie

Paula needs a job so she is begging Simon that she wants to be hired to be a judge. I'll bet that Simon gives her a job but not as a judge. Simon will give Paula some second rate job that means nothing.

I saw Paula in the audience at DWTS, maybe Paula can get on DWTS to get her career back. If she did get on DWTS she would be out o the first round. Paula must think "Ballroom Dancing" is like being a "Laker Girl" cheer leader. If Paula is so ood why hasn't anyone seen her dance or sing, she's suppose to be so good, he Paula it's time to stop the talk and start doing the walk. Action speaks louder thank words.

April 26, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. jillmarie

I would def watch X-Factor if Simon AND Paula were on it. Great chemistry, they are very funny together, and both are terrific judges. I'll admit- it would be fun if they had Randy guest star on a few episodes just for fun! I hope Paula is offered the gig and accepts- she's loopy at time but is lovable. Go Paula!

April 26, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. Canadian man

The only X-Factor is what's happening in her head. After her morning bottle of pills, go to sleep for a few hours and report to the set and try to appear coherent.

April 26, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. citizenUSA

Can't type... hurling...

April 26, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. Yenta Orleans

Simon has many wonderful qualities.

April 26, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. Myrna Band

Simon is really talented.

April 26, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mike

Those two nearly wrecked American Idol so I say they are crazy to team up. Simon always has to make everything about him! Give me Steve and Jennifer any time!

April 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jesse R

Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul ... AGAIN!? Isn't the current edition of American Idol a glaring indication of how overrated Simon and Paula were? I mean we didn't have to deal with gimmcks like Sanjya and Bikini Girl. Simon's biggest discovery in the past 6 or 7 years has been Susan Boyle... not quite American Star quality. Does he really think we want to sit through episodes with he and Paula coo cooing and canooodling together? Bleh!

April 25, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. keiffer

Is she finally out of rehab?

The Judges responses are so much better without the slurring...

April 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LoJenkins

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

April 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kristal Berg

another British person ,lno way........GO AWAY BRITISH PEOPLE....we do not want one more here..

April 25, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Meredith

I am sorry who is this Cherly Cole or whoever and why is US media bent upon bringing nobody's from Britain? Do we not have home grown talent?!

April 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • U.S. Immigration and Customs

Cheryl is not a nobody.
      If you follow British pop you would know who she is.
      She is queen sh!t out in the UK & Ireland. She is so popular
      Some facts::
      Her cheating X husband "might" get back with her, she cant change her look or even take a p!ss with the fox execs. saying if its ok or not, she has to take elocution lessons in order to not sound so "British & she didnt want to sit with past X Factor contestants during the last NTAs

Shes a pop star in the UK, was a member of the pop group Girls Aloud....(they have 20 out of 21 top 10 singles, on the UK pop charts) which formed from one of these types of shows called "Popstars: The Rivals" she made it big with GA, went over to the X Factor after Sharon Osbourne left, & has been trying to "make it" in the US for a few years now.
      During/before the second series she was on, she released her 1st solo album...got massive praise from a lot of people (i think it sucked)
      Still didnt bring her to America....
      Her 1st album was done with Will.I.Am, She is on Will.I.Am's label, still nowhere in the states can you see/hear her crappy music. (meaning radio/tv)
      I guess now since Simon is so Gung-Ho towards her and her "talent" she might actually release something in the states.
      Shes not even the most talented or prettiest one from the group. That goes to Nadine Coyle. Who btw has had a life in America for some time now.
      for me that proves Cheryl wants to be just like Nadine.

& imo ive heard better generic pop from other artists.
      I dont think shes that great

the worst American @ss kiser she has is Perez Hilton.

April 26, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  16. Jessica

Not her again, pleaseeeeeeeeee, is Paula Adbul done with rehabilitation. Bring some one fresh and not a drunk personl.

April 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. JJ

Hmm, Simon Cowell is no dummy. So he gets paula on his show and then suddenly draws off the AI fanbase. People who didn't want to see them leave AI will get them on the x factor. Pretty smart guy.

April 25, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Cheryl Cole?

Doesn't Cheryl Cole have a criminal record? How will she get a work permit?

April 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Brian

I don't see a picture of her. Maybe that's because she has gotten too fat to have her picture taken?

April 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz

OBVIOUSLY you haven't seen Paula lately .... these are from a few days ago. She is GORGEOUS.

April 26, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. U.S. Immigration and Customs

"Besides Abdul, British singer Cheryl Cole—who appears as a judge on the British edition of "X Factor"— is also in talks to join the U.S. edition."

sorry we don't/won't give work permits to people with a criminal record.
    In fact I don't know why she is still in LA in the first place. Must deport her.

Sam Rubin boasted about that chick today, saying she was the best one on the X-factor.
    I guess he's never actually watched the show. Cause Dannii Minogue is 10x better judge than Cheryl has ever been.
    the only reason why Cheryl gets all the praise is cause everyone in the UK is up her @ss & thinks shes the fn queen of pop

April 25, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JS

Sure, go ahead and hire the TALENTLESS Paula Abdul for the X Factor- to judge talent. She's useless. Move on from Abdul, Simon. She's not only a 'has been'- but she's also a 'never should've been.'

April 25, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renee

Simon probably loves Paula more than life itself. So I don't think he'll listen to you JS.

April 26, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  22. erich2112x

And all they need now is Randy Jackson.

April 25, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. kel

I'll watch the show if Paula becomes one of the judges. She is underrated, and she was a part of some of my favorite American Idol moments. AI lost a lot of its Xfactor when they decided to hire Ellen instead of Paula. They thought they were making a brilliant move getting Ellen instead of giving Paula a raise, and clearly misread American Idol longtime fans like me. Huge mistake.

April 25, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. edvhou812

Simon Cowell has always wanted Paula. I wanted her too when I was in the 5th Grade, but that wore off about 20 years ago.

April 25, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tim

I think they both munch on tuuurd sammmiches.

April 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rock

I like eggs

April 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Denise

I think that Simon and Paula have great chemistry together.I will admit that Paula is a little bit dingy at times but she is entertaining.and american Idol has not been the same without those two.

April 25, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  28. Not Paula

I'd take Cheryl over Paula anyday. Cheryl is smarter, drop-dead gorgeous, and can actually put together a coherent sentence.

April 25, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  29. Heather

"Please say it aint so!!" Not Paula! I can't take the insanity again!!

April 25, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  30. bummer

Too bad. Why can't we be rid of Simon and Paula? Do-over of AI. More crap to force me to change the channel!

April 25, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • flshstar

@Bummer–Too bad we cannot get rid of you instead. Just don't watch the show so we don't have to hear your whining, its a win, win situation for everyone!.

April 25, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  31. DOOK OF WESTMINISTER

Charlie only has 1 goddess now ! He is WINNING !

April 25, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  32. DOOK OF WESTMINISTER

updates: LILO was arrested last friday then released on 75,000 bond. Bree Olson dumps Charlie SHeen over weekend. CNN blogs are behind the times.

April 25, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Does Anyone REALLY care about this crap

Seriously, you people really need to get out of mom's basement. Get a life.

April 25, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. erich2112x

Be advised this guy has found a way to impostor screen names. Lol, this is not erich2112x.

April 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  34. erich2112x

Sweet, just got his IP address with the help of a friend. Time to have some fun.

April 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |