'L&O: Criminal Intent' episode draws from 'Spider-Man' musical?
April 25th, 2011

'L&O: Criminal Intent' episode draws from 'Spider-Man' musical?

Oh what a tangled web we weave!

The scandalous "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" musical seems to have inspired an upcoming episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" featuring what appear to be fictitious counterparts of composer Bono and director Julie Taymor.

According to TVLine, the episode's plotline will revolve around the lavish but troubled Broadway play "Icarus," which detectives begin investigating after one of the show's stunts results in an actor's death.

Among the possible suspects? The musical's director, who is described as "high-strung and larger than life"— and possibly modeled after Taymor — as well as "Icarus" composer Arno, the one-named bisexual rock star who, according to TVLine, cheats on his wife with a colleague.

Season 10 of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" premieres May 1. Meanwhile, "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" is on hiatus while it undergoes an overhaul, and will return to the Foxwoods Theatre on May 12.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • television • theater

1. madhater

Vincent DiOnnofrio is the sh!t.

April 26, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. B lo me

@sunshine girl: Thats true SVU is so much more interesting their cast looks like an overworked sqaud.

April 25, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sunshine Girl *

I really dont like CI that much either. CI doesnt have the trial part, which is the best part of the show. Its more of a figure it out yourself type of show. SVU is my favorite also. Even though its the s*x crimes squad, the crimes/story lines are much more interesting. That my sound pervish, but its true. Plus the actors on SVU are much more like real life/more believable. Dont you think? @B lo me...1 thing in common! [Smiles!]

April 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. B lo me

@Sunshine girl* I've been a L&O fan for awhile started with the origanal then SVU but im really not a fan of the other two spin-offs

April 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sunshine Girl *

Yes, I agree SVU is the best out of them all. Ive watched LA, but dont like Terrance Howard. To me, he just isnt aggressive enough for a prosecutor. It seems forced. Maybe the new CI ratings will be better than LA. Then they can switch the 2 out. What do you think? @B lo me...Pretty good thanks. Glad to know your a L & O fan too. I love crime stories! Books too. Im an avid reader.

April 25, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. B lo me

Law&Order SVU is better but CI is still better than L.A @sunshine girl how are you doing

April 25, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nancy

Me too !

April 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sunshine Girl *

Great! I love all the L & O shows. I read that Detective Goren was supposed to return in place of Jeff Goldblums character. I hope thats true. Of all the crime shows that are on tv today, I think Law and Order is the best, and the closest to reality. I cant wait to see the 1st new episode!

April 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. sure thing

what's this story about?

April 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CrapFest

This show has always been a crapfestSH!Tbagger.

April 25, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |