What's the verdict: Beyonce's 'Run the World (Girls)'?
April 21st, 2011

What's the verdict: Beyonce's 'Run the World (Girls)'?

Whether you've heard the leaked version or the official track that dropped today, no doubt Beyonce's latest empowerment anthem "Run the World (Girls)" has marched its way over and implanted itself on a hard-to-shake loop in your head. (Oh, that's just us? Moving on...)

Snippets from the song's demo have been circulating the Web for days, but the single's Thursday release offers the full Diplo-produced experience.

"Who run the world?" she asks in the hook, and goes on to provide an answer: "Girls!"

On top of some serious percussion, she sings, "This goes out to all the women/getting it in/you on your grind...Boy you know you love it/how we smart enough to make these millions/Strong enough to bear the children/Then get back to business."

Not unexpected from the woman who's previously brought us "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" and along with the rest of Destiny's Child, "Independent Women" parts one and two. The critical reaction, however, hasn't been totally laudatory.

Entertainment Weekly notes the continuation of past themes, writing that it would be "appreciated" to see her "switching lanes a bit content-wise...She’s fully capable of making a classic album as genius and relatable as Lauryn Hill’s 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.' But at this point, I doubt that’s her goal."

The song, which samples Major Lazer's "Pon de Floor," "is a bit overstuffed, but fairly enjoyable," says the Village Voice. "[B]ut there's also something exhausting about it that goes beyond its cheer-team beats. It doesn't seem so much like a song as it does a collection of movements, of snippets that can be broken down into iTunes previews."

Popdust was similarly middling, noting that “Run the World” "is certainly an unconventional choice for a lead single, sounding more like a four-minute drill instruction than a traditional club banger." But it's not only the beat that's a bit strange, "it’s also fairly free-form in structure, featuring a chorus in three parts that kind of comes and goes in pieces throughout the song, and a verse whose melody rarely stays consistent for more than a few bars." In the end, it might have more in common "with left-field pop icons like Grace Jones and Yoko Ono than with arguable peers like Rihanna or Mariah Carey."

Vulture, meanwhile, has already embraced it, saying the track is "kind of a monster — aggressive and intense and totally committed in all the ways you'd hope for the first big move in a new promo run from one of our most cherished pop stars. That means it's as immediately familiar as it is bluntly effective; we have given in to it already."

What do you think? Does it make you excited for her reported fourth album, expected to arrive in June?

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Music

1. petport

Listen to Beyonce's 'End Of Time' remix.
    Login to vote (on the upper right corner) & click to login with your FB account.
    Don't forget to click on the 'Like' button once you're redirected after your
    registration so that your vote can count. http://bit.ly/wjU5lj

March 11, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cee Cee

I love 'Run the World' its one of my favorite songs. I like it because of how its saying how girls can do things too. As a child many boys would come up to me and my friends when we did something they could do better and pick on us and we'd tell them we can do the same things they can do so its nice to see someone feels like its not right to descriminate against girls because we do things differently
    Thanks Beyonce` for a good song :)

July 9, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. obamarocks

Everybody go to Youtube. Theres a remix of this single produced by this guy name Fyuchur. Its Hot!! Even her fans love it

June 12, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Molly

i like the song beyonce RUN THE WORLD i don't care what people think about you you have talent than those that bad about you SO YOU BACK BABY LOVE.

June 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Angie

I luv beyonce, but not this song – – it needs a really hype video! What else she got?

June 7, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rohaun

Intellectual materialism...she like most critics is giving her opinion about a piece of art. We all know how subjective art is, and to take it out of context, and attack the artist is to search for a sacrificial lamb. This said lamb is used as a pedestal stand on and amp your voice up. Beyonce and her lyrics are like Monet and his paintings. And speaking of art, Monet help start the impressionist movement by creating work that went against the common grain. His vision help change peoples idea of art and life, which eventually change the landscape of the world and society. With out impressionism there would be no modernism, which means NO PROGRESSION. So Beyonce like Monet is changing the landscape with the best tool she has, her lyrics. And women around the world gaining access to media can CHOOSE to consume Beyonce and at-least spark the idea of independence in their minds, maybe even start a revolution. And im pretty damn sure from looking around, that Beyonce lightweight does run the world. lol....And I am pretty sure she supports organizations that help women as well.

SHAMELESS PLUG – Beyonce Ft Rohaun "Flaws and all" (freestyle painting)

May 27, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. TheTruth

Uhm, can she write a sing instead of working with shrinks that help her create loops that stay in you head. At first listen i knew this was trash just like single ladies...wake up people

May 21, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. NIKKI

who runs the world....what she meant to say was the Illuminati....cmon B stop frontin. No I will no longer support or even listen to another song her or her hubby makes. EVER AGAIN.

May 19, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. raw

horrible noise, it gives me a migrane...... she needs to sit down take a breath and be inspired by something in order to make good music! just like dangerously in love.... she was newly in love with jay z , and it came thru in her music....this is just headache inducing noise!

May 19, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. lee

i loves it! bey did a great job! hot beatly vid!

May 19, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cameron

At first I didn't like the song. After hearing it a few time it grew on me. Her album (4) drops june 28th. Can't wait to hear the album. After all she is a GREAT entertainer.

May 19, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  12. Mi.

Clearly ppl are not listening to the words. Its a good song and Its an empowering song to women that actually do something with themselves, most haters of this kind song are lazy and maybe even jealous of bey and other hard working women because they're lost and can' t relate!

May 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. obamarocks

Everybody go to Youtube. Theres a remix of this single produced by this guy name Fyuchur. Its Hot!!! Even her fans love it

May 14, 2011 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ceyonce

AMAZING! Be' did her thing. Just like always! Cant wait to hear more! I missed you dearly!

May 9, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Starr

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the song.. It is daring, it is bold, it is a new sound from Beyonce. For her being arguably the biggest name in Entertainment in the world right now, she manages to stay out of tabloid trouble, remains married, God Fearing (as she publicly makes known) a dedicated and hardworking business woman, clear of drugs, doesnt run in and out of Rehab and more importantly Empowers women of all ages and colors. She builds a confidence in women that other artist do not and yet we bash her as if she is the worst thing on the planet. We call this amazing human being a devil worshiper and several other horrible things because of her love to sing and dance for her fans? I think she missed the memo that she is to relinquish her creative control to people and their opinions of what she should sing. So if you are not a fan.. or this song isnt your flavor..simply do not listen. But to say its trash because it isnt your style is absurd. Funny how a woman who is a philanthropist, artist, wife, daughter, sister and friend can get so much flack and negativity from just simply singing. When you have reached the top... everyone else is below trying to pull you down. Im glad she is so far ahead you bums are lagging..lol

May 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. lili

This is the first song my daughter ever asked me to download (thereby alerting me to the fact that she knows I can download music).

@ Jay– "It reminds me of MIA cause of the production and vocal layering." Yes! We love MIA 'round here.

We don't listen to music in our house for perfect grammar, though.

May 7, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  17. Kelly

This song is horrible. I know that she can do better than this.

April 30, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. PATTY LOWE

I AM A HUGE B FAN ALL THE WAY. LOVE THE SONG. HOPE JAY-Z DNT FUK HER OVER AS HER MANGER I WISH SHE STAYED WITH HER DAD. SHE BLEACHED HER SKIN SHE CHANGING SLOWLY.... BUT CANT WAIT HEAR MORE...

April 29, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jay

After listening to this song a few times on my booming sound system, it definitely grew on me. It reminds me of MIA cause of the production and vocal layering. I also appreciate how Beyonce isn't shamed to be grammatically incorrect. So what she says "get back to bidness"? Who cares? This isn't an essay or college thesis. Bottom line: good song, can't wait for the video!!

April 27, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. Rick

You guys wanna put beyonce in a box? You want her to do dangerously in love or bday or I AM again? Jeeeeez...if Music does not feel like a challenge then you dont grow.
    I love the single and all of yall complaining will soon have it ringing in ur heads when you see the video.

April 26, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lovin Beyonce 4 eva

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4oIzGirxkU&w=640&h=390]

April 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. god save her soul.

Please pray for whatever her name is cause she needs god and her life asap. People wake up she is trying to become a master mason and dont give a damn about how she carrys her self anymore.,.. She cant wait to get you guys ,E, AND DONT FOCUS ON THE DEVIL. I AM PRAYING FOR THIS SISTER AND HER FAMILY. CAUSE YOU CANT SIT HIGH ALL THE TIME, REMEMBER GOD BROUGH YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE NOW. THIS MIGHT BRING YOU DOWN... CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF? GOD CAN SEE EVERYTHING YOU DOING,. DONT PUT YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND HER HANDS. YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ELS WITH THAT. DONT BE A FOOL TO FALL FOR A FAKE 2 PERSON THAT ONY GOD MADE ONE PERSON. OH LORD COME AND SAVE ARE YOUNG PEOPLE MINDS GOD AND HELP THEM TO UNDERSTAND HOW OTHERS CAN TAKE CONTROL OF THEIR MINDS. WITH THE LOVE OF GOD MONEY DONT MAKE YOU.. I AM FREE AND YOU GUYS SHOULD BE TO., FB. MAY12BABY

April 25, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  23. Callin U OUT

everyone on here (expcept myself of course) is simply jealous of her and how much $ she has. keep it real stupid people – ALL OF YOU!

April 25, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  24. Toy

Ppl kill me always trying to make everything abt race!! It was a simple question: do u like the damn song or not?!? It has nothing to do with the media or race. Its simply a matter of opinion. So Beyonce's a superstar and she released a song that many people don't like. So if I'm white and I don't like it, its bc I'm racist; and if I'm black and I don't like it, I'm not supporting my ppl or I'm being persuaded by the media?? Really?!? How silly does that sound? I'm black and I don't like a song by a black artist. *gasps* Call the law.

April 25, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  25. SWAGGGirlicious

No one ever likes Beyonce songs when they first come out. The radio will play it anyway so many times that we won't be able to help liking it after its forced on us.

April 25, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  26. Toy

Excited? Hell no! Its trash. Period.

April 25, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  27. kadiyatu

I think shes very talented looks beautiful haters stop hating and do u as bey is shes blessed

April 25, 2011 at 5:07 am | Report abuse |
  28. =i

she's rich, beautiful, and talented so it doesn't matter that this song sucks. Good for her!

April 25, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  29. sash

More irrelevant garbage that the masses will devour. This trash isn't music and beyonce could NEVER come close to lauryn hill or the masterpiece that was the miseducation....beyonce isnt an artist, she just sells records. If she wasnt half dressed and whipping her weave no one would pay attention. shes unoriginal and judt copies everyone. Another mariah carey....all flash and no substance.

April 25, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Starr

If the music is so irrelevant, then why are the MASSES devouring it? You would think that if its such garbage and unappealing and irrelevant that people would over look it or ignore it. Funny how you named another woman who has a career encompassing over 20 years, has broken musical chart records, countless awards and accolades and is in the top of the lists for best selling artists in the world who has no substance. Its called genre and preference... if its not YOUR preference then find the artist that soothes your needs.. however the other millions of people do not agree..

May 7, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. amber mccue

I'm a fan of Beyounce, she is beutiful, talented artist. we all have weakness as well as strong points don't hate congratulate. for all the haters where r u @ in ur life sItting back in the cut while she out there making her millions. As for comparing her to an another artist they both have their own style .

April 24, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. amber mccue

I'm a fan of Beyounce, she is beutiful, talented artist. we all have weakness as well as strong points don't hate congratulate. for all the haters where r u @ in ur life sItting back in the cut while she out there making her millions. As for comparing her to an another artist they both have their style entertaing

April 24, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Erica

This song sucks, I was prayerful that Queen B would make a grown up record. Beyonce is in her 30's its about time her music shows some muturity.

April 24, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Annlisa

The song iz so awesome i would listen to it over and over again that song iz so fresh

April 24, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. d

Song sucks but so did Kim Kardashians both produced by the dream who saves all his best beats for himself. Bey is there to make u dance. Lauren is there to make u think. U don't think while dancing unless ur doing the robot.

April 24, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  35. Rb

I like the meaning of the words in the song, but I don't like the way the song was put together for Beyonce to sing. I know its different, but it doesn't fit Beyonce's great voice! It seems more like she's talking or explaining how girls are better than really singing a song.

April 24, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  36. keisha

I never liked B. She only got by shaking her butt, i always felt kelly was better. B always seemed so fake to me, sooner or later people r gonna start seeing she is all looks no talent, just like we saw in her movies.

April 23, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Ava

I love it! It's an anthem, its tribal, its powerful and its a club banger and a great work out song... Who Run The World??? GYRLZ!

April 23, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Dhavy

You can't put her and Lauryn Hill in the same sentence. Hill has talent, shaking your butt and wearing long extentions doesnt make you talented (or married to a rapper either)

April 23, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ava

Lauryn is a lyricist with a unique style and voice (live and recorded) ...Beyonce is an entertainer with a unique voice (live and recorded)...

April 23, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  39. mommy

The best B CD was Dangerously in love...Her music has not been right since. Maybe she is focused on starting a new family while still trying to hold the crown for Queen of the charts. Sometimes you have to realize when its time to pass the crown.

April 23, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ava

wrong answer...her first solo cd was strictly that...first out the gate good but not great. It was destiny child part 3. B day was another step further in her career as was I am ... Sasha Fierce. This new cd is sure to set the bar higher than before. Y'all need to understand that nobody I repeat nobody its doing what B can do...Hold your applause...

April 23, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Yup!

Ok, so im reading these comments & i've grown very tired of the Lauryn Hill comparisons. Why is it that ppl keep looking for someone to compare Beyonce to? Like yu guys need a saviour from the ruler of music who is Beyonce. Anyway, most of you guys have no idea what yu guys are talking about musically when it comes to Bey, You say Bey should make something more classic, Sasha Fierce was an Fn masterpiece in my opinion but did any of you finger pointers give it a chance? No! Thats why ur beautiful, save the hero, dissapear, hello, all these songs were great but evryone shuts out this kind of music from Bey, they dnt even give it a chance. Beyonce has talent, but she has pop roots, this is HER thing, she's nevr given us reason to believe she needs 2 b like Lauryn. Anyway great stuff Bey! Im done w/ these ppl... Im just gna wait on the album.

April 23, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  41. chrisco

She is a great singer! I expect CLASSIC music from her. New sound is good but staying in your element is another. I hope she doesn't get lost in the hype of releasing music quick to make an album. Her fans know she can do better!

April 23, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Tim W.

I too fell in absolutely in LOVE with the song as soon as I heard it, she is giving you dance electronic r&b rap hip hop indie all in one song! She doesn't follow trends she makes them Above and Beyonce! Who run the world? ...B!

April 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  43. nance

i like the beat but the lyrics suck badly veery badly. they should have rewrote this over all it's a bad song.

April 23, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Neil n Kansas

I'm still digg'n Tenitra voice,Beyonce` style is cute I like her immaturity type lyrics but I know she can get her sound to be hot

April 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  45. GiveMeBeso

This don't coming from beyonce is not disappointing considering the fact she has always been trash but people failed to see that. She should have just left the beat alone she destroyed a perfectly fine beat

April 23, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ressie

I liked the 20 and 30 second snipets but I don't really care 4 the entire song. Mayb I will like it once I c the video. But the song is confusing u can hardly understand wat she's singing

April 23, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. sydney

At first the song was not good, thought i might listen to it 10 times since all songs gradually grows on you. But I was tired of listening to the song again and again. I like female empowerment and at the end of the day, this song doesn't care about female empowerment, it's just another dance song and it'll be a hit because trashy songs are the best songs these days. The song is forgettable and for me most of her solo albums are forgettable,except for 3/4 songs. That being said, I am...Sasha Fierce where Disc 1 was good and Disc 2 was crap except for single ladies. As with her last 3 albums, I am expecting the same scenario with the 4th album where only 2-4 songs will be good and rest forgettable.

April 23, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Shania

I love the new single! I think B'day was her best single I could listen to every song on that album top to bottom without skipping over any songs!

April 23, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  49. June bug

It sucks!

April 23, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  50. lee

Didn't really care for the song

April 23, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  51. Joe

HORRIBLE, and i love beyonce! i am expecting better from the next single!

April 23, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  52. Hating Vermont

I wonder if she does Greek? Hmm...

April 23, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  53. B lo me

@sunshine girl* kinda harsh arent u

April 23, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  54. Snshine Girl *

The song is sh!t! But itll get lots of airplay regardless b/c of her name. Her own people leaked it on purpose for marketing results. Duh! Do they think we the public are stupid or what! Jay Z has totally ruinwd her music/image. Her new music/image is also sh!t. She was so much better in her 'Crazy In Love' days and before. I dont care how much money a man has. Id never let a man take me down like he did her. The moneys just not worth it. Hes no better than a street pimp. Oh yeah..go figure.

April 23, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  55. mr bsofine

Everybody know her and jayz is running the world one of the power couple . u know she is going do her not worry about hater and that is there job is for you still on top of your game. when people stop talk that when u have worry about what is wrong. song leak it her people let do her and you do you. we virgo be off the chart @ times.lol 1 luv B

April 23, 2011 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  56. red

Well havent hear it but who cares cuz she gonna make her money regardless rather u like or not

April 23, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  57. twisted

The black album and the blueprint1 are hov's best work

April 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Hayden W "Headcase" Bernard

Somebody tell hov I just threw resonable doubt out my window

April 22, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  59. grammar squad

I understand it's a word but how necessary is it? It's like flammable and inflammable. I hate when people use irregardless. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

April 22, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  60. roccitybaby

I think the song is pretty good. I dont think its anything she will/should get a Grammy for but it has a real nice beat & is something to dance too. Because she is Beyonce the song is going to be huge no matter what anyway!! B is a great talent and alot of people dont like to give her the credit she is due. Ive been a fan since DC & am lookingforward to a new release from her soon!

April 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Farrah

I love the song soon as I heard it I danced and you guys need to stop because it's her first single in over a year so it'll take some time getting use to but I guarantee this by next week when it impact urban and mainstream radios it will be the song of 2011!!!

April 22, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Don JJ

Amanda, do you stick your finger up ugly, butch women's vaJJays and eat the nasty stuff coming out of their poop chute! I think you do. Actually it's a fact.

April 22, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ...

April 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Don JJ

Honkie's comment made me laugh my d!ck off. Read it! Plus aren't educated women like Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopie Goldberg ugly as people from Cleveland and India.

April 22, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  65. amanda

I like the female empowerment concept of it but, that's it. Some idiot called her a man-hater. Lol I love how dudes get all bent out of shape over female empowerment songs. It just shows what cowards they are. I never liked her songs anyway, though. When will she stop making these goofy anthem songs? She's damn near 30!

April 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  66. may12baby

Hey beyonce them days are so over so do the pretty girl rock, lol its keri hilson and jennifer hudson turn now. You late lmao not best anymore..

April 22, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  67. 2pau

April 22, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. LGLK

Ripoff of M.I.A. Unoriginal to say the least. Sounds like she's trying too hard.

April 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  69. honeychild

It was just ok....can't really understand what she saying...her best music was with dc...enough with the girl power songs...write something timeless like I love you..I think thats the name of it ..thats how it start...I love you.

April 22, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ..

April 22, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Tif

I am still up in the air about Beyonce's new song. I cannot say that I hate it, but I cannot say I like it either. Previous posts mention that this song is different; I would definitely have to agree with that. Her sound is different now. Maybe if I listen to it a few times it will eventually grow on me.

April 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  72. kk

Tanya moore-connelly u must b bumping with beyonce..becuz u r up her ass majorly...

April 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Deshuana J- birds

Okay. for all yu people who don't like beyonce, so what! if yu didn't like her, yu wouldn't pay attention to this CNN post. I mean, i like beyonce, not my favorite song in the world from her, but she's cool. nd for ppl who don't like her, that's yur god given right not to. but don't comment on other ppls post, because they have the same right to like her. point blank period. duces.

April 22, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  74. john

If it wasn't for the major lazer beat this song wouldn't even be a club hit!

April 22, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Mark

Doesn't sound like anything very new from Beyonce', unfortunately. It's kind of a mess structurally.

Might be kind of interesting to see a live performance, but it's not going on my MP3 player.

April 22, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  76. c arla jackson

don't like it period

April 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Gaivn Patterson

If she is going to survive – she needs to find her DUBSTEP side. That style of music will take over and she needs to figure out that she needs to focus on the world as a whole rather than one style of musical listener.

April 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  78. the_dude

i love how she talks about making millions while speaking ebonics like a tard

April 22, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  79. yago

When is this man hater gonna go away, she saturated the market already and she lies about writing her own songs and she's not even attractive

April 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  80. ?mylove

Its her name that gets her over. If you heard this mess of a song from a new artist she would get ripped!! She is an ok singer at best. She cant touch Jenifer Hudson, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Angie Stone, etc. So I guess she will just stick to the pop tart chart!

April 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Ifurgirstepsupimslappindaho

THIS SONG IS TRASH! Beyonce music is made for dumb girls and gay men!

April 22, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  82. huh?

Its catchy but its also annoying. I felt the same way when I first heard "Single Ladies" (gasp). Sorry B but I don't like it.

April 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  83. JJ

I do like some of Beyonce's songs, and I think she has talent. However, this song is too rough sounding for my taste. I love the empowerment concept, but it is just not hitting the mark. I do not dig the "MF" references either.

April 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Richard

Carletta slapped Beyonce' this morning! Check it out on youtube! I told yall Carletta dont play!

April 22, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Garry

tanya moore-connell:
    Haters??? NOT ..I like most of her music, but this SUCKS...the reference to MF is very distasteful and is not the norm for her. I think her music is stooping down to levels i am not interested in hearing.

April 22, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  86. CMAC

I'm not feeling this song at all, maybe it has to grow on me.Hopefully the next single will be banging.

April 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Zenith

Nibbling on a microscopic stick pin is impossible! Lol

April 22, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  88. paul

I love Beyonce,you can't deny her talent BUT she seems to be stagnant creatively,the solo albums are one big continuous recod...I'm waiting for her music to mature a little more (similar to Jay Z)
    HOWEVER; I was shocked to hear and fall in love with SOLANGE!! If you have the chance, listen to her first album...the whole thing is good from the intro to the outro, which is RARE these days. Her music is much more mature... kind of a young Jill Scott married to Lauryn Hill (the singing side) with a touch of Sade. Yes, I said Solange, lol and I'm a 36, mature lover of all music...she'd be a lot bigger if she wasn't in B's shadow.

April 22, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • sumluvlylady

Paul,
      U r so rite. I think Sol is more talented vocally than B. I listen 2 both of them, but if I wanna hear a CD with more soul, I choose lil sis. Truly her career has been overshadowed by her sister's constant media spotlight. I hope she will get the recognition she deserves someday.

April 23, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  89. paris415

Speechless and not electrify with her beat and lyric on this teenie bopper song. A teenie bopper song can be defined as a young girl between the ages of 14-17. Their mothers continue to drive them to parties using the car pool lane. ...

April 22, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  90. kcv

If Beyonce gets any blonder, she's going to turn into Gweneth Paltrow.....she looks much better with darker hair and highlights, the all blonde washes away her beauty!
    Kind of weird beat, but I'm sure there will be a few good hits.

April 22, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dette

I like the song but it sounds like something Ciara would sing. I love Beyonce but she really needs to think outside the box.

April 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Zenith

A Beautiful Black Woman you are so right! Unfortunately, there are some people who think they are better than others, simply based on race. They come out in droves and make very hateful comments that have nothing to do with the article. This is especially true if the article happens to be about a minority. Scroll through and look at who instigates the hate. Many people then fwel inclined to respond to that. CNN often allows the instigating comments, but fails to post the responses to said comments. I wonder why.

April 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Zenith

A Beautiful Black Woman you are so right! Unfortunately, there are some people who think they are better than others, simply based on race. They come out in droves and make very hateful comments that have nothing to do with the article. This is especially true if the article happens to be about a minority. Scroll through and look at who instigates the hate. Many people then fwel inclined to respond to that. CNN often choses to support the

April 22, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Kristina

I love it! Rockin it in the office

April 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  95. MadCityBabe

all her crap sounds the same, as well as the same as all the other female crap that is currently out there...simply sh_t

April 22, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • kcv

I agree, the lack of originality is depressing! I find myself liking a new song here and there, but not like I used to have a favorite song for every season. The lack of substance in R&B is sad, Hip Hop is long dead minus a few (Roots, Lupe,even Wayne at times.), there are NO female MC's out there ( Nikki is nice, but not sure about her...maybe she needs to pay more dues) and haven't found a great new Rock band in ages! I stick with my ipod and replay the fugees, bob marley, sade, luther, EW&F, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Lupe Fiasco, the Roots, Black Eyed Peas, Steel Pulse, Alicia Keys, Old Mary J. Blige, etc!!! ; )

April 22, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Kristy

Go to youtube and listen to PON DE FLOOR. That video is sooo raunchy and Beyonce used that song!!!
    How low she has fallen with this song! she can do better....

April 22, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Starr

It does not matter if she sampled the song. Who cares if the original beat was attached to a song that had a raunchy video. Looks like she took the beat and turned it into a positive song for females. This is Run the WORLD not Pon de floor the dancehall song.

May 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ipisking

Oh what have Jay-Z done to you :-(!!!!!

April 22, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • LB

Don't blame it on Jay Z...this is what she'd be doing without him, I have no doubts! Before Jay Z, she was singing about wanting a "solider...who hangs low and high from blunts, lol (listen to solider).
      It's like when everyone blamed Bobby Brown for Whitney....Whitney was an adult doing coke/crack and Bobby was a boy band alcoholic....Bobby's still drinking, and Whitney's still cracking!

April 22, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beyonce fan

@LB....actually she was with JayZ when she sang Soldier..."we like them boys up top from the BK"....yeah thats Brooklyn & shes talking abt him thru the whole verse.

April 22, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  98. s.camp

Its nice! i love her and it only gets better

April 22, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  99. tanya moore-connell

BOTH BEYIONCE AND LAUREN HILL ARE AWESOME!!! HOPEFULLY LAUREN WILL COME OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM SOON TOO!!!

April 22, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Mona Rodriguez

P.S., this isn't one of my faves from B.

April 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Mona Rodriguez

Riding with B for a minute; I believe girls around the world wil proclaim this their 2011 summer club anthem. Believing in her talent as a full pkg artist, I look forward to her ability of providing something for just about everyone in this upcoming cd. I won't abandon her just yet, I've been playing tracks from her for my audience who enjoy her music as much as I do. Visit http://www.monarodriguez.com and let me know if you agree. Enjoy your wknd, and thanks for letting me join the conversation!

April 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  102. RobertP.

Hater = someone who disagrees with the uneducated simpleminded people who use phrases such as "jealous much." Furthermore, trailer parks are not all full of redneck, whitetrash inbreds. Most are nicer than the inner city slums most of Beyonce's fans call home. As for the new single...it's meant to be outragously different so when people hear the "leaked" version they immediatelly buy it once officialy released to see if it just as bad as they thought. That way they sell millions of copies of bad songs to mindless followers. And yet, the "non-haters" keep falling for this marketing ploy. This is their way of selling junk tracks that used to inhabit CDs that used to contain 1 or 2 decent songs thus forcing you to purchase said junk tracks. Do you really think beyonce cares how she gets your money, just as long as she gets it?

April 22, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  103. No

I expected a lot more from her, not gonna lie, I really don't like it :/

April 22, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Tammy

CNN asked our opinion of the song, so we're giving it. Those who don't like the song shouldn't be deemed haters – they are giving they're opinion! On the other hand, for those who do like it – great! This blog is about giving your opinion and sharing it with others. Now – my opinion...

Beyonce is an immensely talented vocalist who has been successful at delivering well written, produced and performed songs. I admire her work ethic and commitment to hone her craft, however this song doesn't seem to bring about the magic that "Crazy in Love" and "Single Ladies" did in the past. That being said, in my opinion (and that is all it is), I would like to hear another single from this CD that features the brilliance Beyonce possesses.

Much love and blessings to Beyonce – with her prowess, she will continue to achieve success beyond this single!

April 22, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Jay

It's alright, I just hope the rest of the album isn't all like this. I wish beyonce would go back to her r&b roots though

April 22, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  106. tanya moore-connell

Thank you...

April 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Phil

Do your thing Bee! She's evolving as an Artist and expressing herself with intensity... The song gravitates to the club and demands everyone too bust a move! This thing called "Different" we like it! Not too mention the women of this era need empowerment songs, so embrace it, some of you might learn something ;).....

April 22, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  108. brendajahkur@gmail.com

IBJ I THINK SHE SHOULD TRY PUTTING ON SOME CLOTHES & HER MOTHER SHOULD TELL HER BETTER I DO THINK

April 22, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  109. V1

Tanaya Moore Conell,

You must be a young buck who does not know anything about music. If you really believe she’s the best in the world, you need to go and ask somebody. You may not know the greats like Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston (in her time) Linda Lewis, Pattie LaBelle, Toni Braxton, Teena Marie, Etta James, Roberta Flack, just to name a few.

April 22, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Matt

Love Beyonce, and love some parts of the song, but please PLEASE change the contect and subject of your songs. It's all female empowerment every song. Something a little different would be nice.

April 22, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  111. tanya moore-connell

ALL U HATERS JUST STOP!!! IF U DON'T LIKE THEN DON'T LISTEN!!!

April 22, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Jcdref

Annoying song!! I wish girls ran the world we would be in much better shape. So when we DO run the world...can we have a better song please!

April 22, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  113. tanya moore-connell

SHE'S THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!

April 22, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  114. lunapearl

LUAREN HILL did not write all those songs on MISEDUCATION "all by herself" that is why she was sued for taking all the credit. AND Beyonce does write all her own songs, she has one numerous song writer awards! Get you facts straight!

April 22, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • ?mylove

Beyonce has settle a couple of song writing suits out of court. She doesnt write all her songs. Keri Hilson and Neyo wrote a couple of her songs and the Oscar comittee refuse to put her name on the song that she sang in Dreamgirls because the small part she added was of no value!

April 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • MoonZoom

?mylove is right. It is well known in the industry that B pays to have writing credits in her name. It is good for the real writers because they get paid and have someone famous sing their songs.

April 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  115. tanya moore-connell

i know its going to happen....BECAUSE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE TO HIM/HER THAT BELIEVES!!!

April 22, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  116. V1

I'm so sick of this HO. She needs to cover up her body & learn some talent.

April 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Zenith

Buh- bye ( hyphenated anonymous and cowardly)
    Your incoherent follow-up statement shows your inferior intellectual capability- still consistent with your trailer trash roots.

April 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  118. tanya moore-connell

I LOVE BEYONCE NO MATTE RWHAT SHE DOES!!! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER & SEE HER @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!

April 22, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  119. gail

Yes the rap that they play now is crap, but then rap made sense, and it was rap to dance to, not killing one another, sleeping with Tom, Dick & Harry, or disrespecting your self....

April 22, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  120. grammar squad

Irregardless is not a word. And you're using it in the same meaning of regardless...
    And the song isn't great.

April 22, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bdjustice

Actually, Grammar Squad, irregardless is indeed a word. Look it up.

April 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • TBZ

Irregardless is a word like doh! Is a word, by virtue of people refusing to recognize it's not a word. It does not make sense. Looked it up! The song sucks!!!!! Solange's last album has depth and is much better than her sister's albums. Beyonce is a brand and therefore gets more play on the radio. I am dreading the top 40 stations this summer because I am sure this 'song' will be in heavy rotation.

April 24, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  121. rapisCrap

being a good rapper is nothing special. that's like getting points for knowing how to take a dump.

April 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  122. gail

Please do not put Beyonce's music in comparison with the GREAT LAUREN HILL music, BC the 2 are no way shape or form alike...besides Lauren Hill create & writes her own lyrics, unlike Beyonce...yes!!! Lauren also was and still is a better singer/rapper than Beyonce will ever be...Now that's my OPINION!!!

April 22, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  123. @Zenith

your comment might have made sense it you weren't so wrong. a hyphenated last name is your 1st clue that a woman is trouble. especially the sistas.

April 22, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Your genralization of black women is the 1st clue that you're a f'ing moron.

April 22, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  124. SKY

FACT: THE DEVIL IS USING MUSIC AND UNCLEAN PERSONS TO DELIVER THEIR
    THINKING TO OUR CLEAN YOUNG ADULTS....THE SONG IS FULL OF UNCLEAN
    WORDS...PLEASE YOU WHO HAVE EARS, LISTEN,
    YOU WHO HAVE EYES, SEE – ITS NOT ABOUT HATE, IT ABOUT TELLING
    THE TRUTH.....

April 22, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Starr

The Devil could be the pope..if we leave it up to conspiracy theory. So the positive things that she is saying about women and how hard they work to maintain life as we know it, work, family, education and personal care, is evil? Its funny how all of a sudden THIS generation's artists are evil and only successful with the devil's help. Now when it comes to Masons they are devil worshipers when convenient to make a point; when most Eastern Star/Mason groups are Christian influenced. Who thought that a song with a female empowerment theme over a dance beat would be so controversial ..lol.

May 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  125. mistic

I have not heard it yet but regardless give an artist respect for being where they are. this is what she liked and what she enjoyed hearing. i would hope that you would all do the same in your life by doing what you love first and not following the masses. that is the main problem in society. quick to judge others and we arent doing sh#$ right for ourselves.

April 22, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • paris415

Talk to Oprah about your deepest concerns of others... or stay focus on responding to the original posting. The posting purpose is to seek opinions whether or not people like Beyonce’s new song or not and give feedback. Really, it not that serious or personal...

April 22, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Chris

Lauryn Hill is way more talented then Beyonce,her album the miseducation of lauryn hill has to be one of the greatest albums in the last 20 years.

April 22, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  127. Zenith

Buh-bye now:
    You are truly pathetic. Trolling the blogs and looking for an opportunity to hate makes the trailer park look better, eh?

April 22, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • armyboy

I think we all need to really listen to the song the lyric are the best I ever heard her do and if no one can respect that then no one is really listen to music

May 2, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  128. CoCo

It is a hot mess.

April 22, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  129. Simplicity 34

come on Bey! Youre a virgo! Step it up! Youre a grown woman not a teenager! Make grown folk music! I'm one of your biggest fans and I'm disappointed!

April 22, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Starr

What is "grown folks music". Is it that she sung over a fun, dancehall beat that made it children's music? Is it because its a song that is for the club scene to dance too that its not grown enough? Female empowerment is for kids? Does she have to have string violins and organs? Remember Beyonce is an artist that transcends age groups; she has fan bases as young as 5 and 6 years old (even some younger know they like to listen to her) so her music will not be geared only for a certain age group. This is a FUN and AGGRESSIVE Dance song.. deal with it or dont listen. Make your OWN grown folks music.

May 7, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Jay

Complete garbage – I had to turn it off before my tourettes kicked in!

HORRIBLE!!!

April 22, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  131. cris

Irregardless, the song is going to be a hit thanks to teens who like this type of music. It is marketed for them. Hell even I used to listen to Spears ten years ago.

April 22, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  132. jA

I hope there is better music on the album. This song is like being stuck in the middle of a highschool basketball game 4th quarter. Ultimate noise.

April 22, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  133. John

Ladies do run the world don't they, the world of self-centered **it!

April 22, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  134. Fiona

were here to talk about the song not race or body image. Im not really liking the song there just seems to be to much of everything. but i cant wait to hear more from b she usally is a great artist

April 22, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  135. Fiona

I usally love all of B songs but i feel like there was to much going on in this song and it took away greatly from the lyrics themselves

April 22, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  136. tanya moore-connell

I LOVE BEYONCE!!! SHE IS SO TALENTED & DOES WELL WITH ANYTHING SHE COMES OUT WITH...IF U DON'T LIKE IT....DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!! HATERS!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HER NEW ALBUM AND SEE HER ON TOUR ONCE IT BEGINS!!!

April 22, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • tanya moore-connell

I love B but I must wonder how much money she spends on skin bleach. She wanna be white.

April 25, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Name

She is extremely talented but u have to admit some of her songs flop. This one had potential but the weird parts in this one made it a flop

May 25, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  137. amone29

http://www.thetrueculture.com: Donate by clicking on the ads on the pages.

April 22, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  138. jezzy24

The only good thing about this song is the sample from "pon de floor". Been dancing to that song for years in the club. Otherwise this song blows.

April 22, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  139. Certified_Boss

@Garry i totally agree,
    for one this beat has been used so many times no matter who sings/raps to it, it just doesnt sound orginal.
    and before anyone says im not hating on beyonce i just think she kind of needed to rethink the song :)

April 22, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  140. Garry

Listen for about 10 seconds..SUCKS!! She could do a lot better

April 22, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  141. sometimes i do too. especially on my girlfriends zoomers

April 22, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  142. Becky

love b, but this song really sucks... sorry....

April 22, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  143. Bill

Why are people suddenly talking about ethnicity all of a sudden here?

The question is what's the verdict on the song.

Anyway, this new Beyonce song is PURE TRASH.

April 22, 2011 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  144. Get your facts right

Diplo didn't produce this – Beyonce wanted Switch which is what she got! Diplo got told not to come back soo he leaked some stuff as that's his style!!

April 22, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  145. Jefferson Davis

Jay Z looks like the missing link. In fact, he can't walk without dragging his knuckles.

April 22, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  146. )I(

OOGGA BOOGGA!

April 21, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  147. tanya moore-connell

We are all brothers and sisters and racism should no longer exist! i can't believe ppl still look and judge ppl based on their skin color! they should be ashamed of themselves!racists don't deserve anything!!! shame on them!!!

April 21, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Jay

You know when I first heard the song (the leaked version), I thought it was weird. Then, I purchased it on iTunes, and sounded a whole lot better, but still unusual. Somehow though, I've been listening to it on repeat....it's growing on me. It's not my favorite from her though, and I can't wait for the rest of the album. I seriously missed her..so I'm glad she's back.

April 21, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Paris

Damn! I mean "I thought**"

April 21, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Paris

though*

April 21, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Paris

I didn't like it. The beat did not go with how she was singing and the beat was so loud I could barely hear her during some parts. The beat was annoying and the content very 2002-ish and childish. The first time I heard it I immediately though "typical beyonce song".

April 21, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Tiffany

SUCKS. CORNY. There's too much going on with this song, it's like a headache on a roller coaster while being drunk. This song should've been sang by Willow Smith (minus the mutha-- word). Step your game up Bey.

April 21, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smiley

Agreed!! Sounds just like something Willow would sing. I'm not into this song now, but maybe it will grow on me

April 22, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

I absolutely agree. The radio stationed posted on FB that they were going to play it and asked what everyone thought. I definitely posted "sucked"!! I guess everyone has their own opinion (as I'm surprised with so many "great song" posts on here), but I absolutely agree with you that this song sucked. Wasted play time!!!

April 22, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • MamaGee

Ha! Exactly. I love my certain Beyonce songs but sometimes these "artists" feel that they have to hit us over the head with their performances ... Sing, Dance, twirl a flaming baton all the while wearing 5 inch platforms. Calm down and just sing....

April 23, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  153. Heavenly Hera

Can someone please tell these pop stars that there is more to music/dancing than 1. Talking over a so called beat & 2. Getting on a stage, and just standing there shaking your {HUGE} butt & having a big fan blow your hair around? Granted, I think shes a good singer {When shes not doing that talk-sing thing}, but her dancing definately leaves a whole lot to be desired! Dont go spewing now about me being a 'hater', b/c this is just my personal opinion, and thats what this blog is for-opinions!

April 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ter

You don't want anyone to say you're a hater because you know you are one. Haha I and my friends never comment on something or someone we don't like, we don't even pay it attention. People that do that are naturally just straight up jealous haters. Lol

April 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paco

I totally agree with you. Finally some wisdom and light is being shed on the mediocre music being pushed by "entertainers" like her. I love the newest addition to the industry, Jessie J. She seems like a promising contender to real musical talent, vocal talent, and stage presence in a single "artist."

April 22, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

@Heavenly Hera: Jealous much? Hater!

April 22, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Beyzboo

I guess I'm the only one who loved the song as soon as I heard it. I just wanted to dance immediately more than any song I've heard from anyone in a very long time. It's clearly a dance record, but it doesn't sound like the dance songs on the radio now, which is good I think. The sample is really awesome! [Major Lazor or something] I love the way she sings over it, her backgrounds, the harmonic sing rappin she's got goin on. This video is going to be absolutely FANTASTIC!

April 21, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bey'knight

My sentiments exactly. I fell in love at 1st listen. That doesnt happen to me alot esp nt with beyonce songs. Her only other song i loved from get go was upgrade u. All others grew on me. Deja vu took a while

April 22, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Miss Priss

I like the song. I like that is different and that she takes risks. I love that Beyonce is her own person and that she cares to inspire her female fans. I think the album is going to be great! Some people will love it and others won't. But that is always the case. In the end Queen B never disappoints. Love her!!!!! Very Excited!!!!!

April 21, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  156. dev

LOVE IT, it is like amazing her songs are always good but sometimes she does produce rubbish songs like freakum dress and im concerned shes turning into gaga and rihanna. LOVE SONG ALREADY DOWNLOADED IT COME ON PPL DOWNLOAD SONG!!

April 21, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yup!

What? You think freakum dress is rubbish? Ur crazy, love that song nd she gets so creative with it at her last 2 tours... Anyway love the new track

April 23, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  157. em

I agree.. I heard the clips online and I wasn't really too into it. I was at my girlfriend's house today when I found it it was on itunes, so I downloaded it immediately on her computer.. fortunately she had a pretty intense sound system.. from the minute I put the song on, we couldn't stop dancing.. I absolutely love it!!

April 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  158. gman

I would love for beyonce to do The writings on the Wall pt2.. that would b great.. the song is okay.. she's so talented too.. one day she will make a classic.. her first cd is overrated to me.. a lot of unreleased stuff from her is beyond great.. I'm alone now etc

April 21, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • La nae

No her first solo ablbum was her best release. I wish she would go back to her R&B roots this is beneath her. They lyrical content is strong and beat is okay but I'm ready for the next single. I am not feeling this I hope the album is straight.

April 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  159. JB

I think the song is fresh and unsual. Kind of reminds me of Deja Vu when it first came out, i wasn't immediatly drawn to it. The fact that the structure differs from the norm we're used to is good imo. Helps us deconstructc the pop stereotypes we assimilated over the years. Im excited for the album release, for sure.

April 21, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fruit Salad Tosser

Just another big steamy pile of dookeyShoot

April 22, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Ava

I agree...its cut from a different cloth than previous songs. She's getting hard to keep up with.

April 23, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spittruth

I have been as all America a B fan for along time. There was a time that I defended her style and taste and her sense that she is a role model to young girls, stylish and yet not "trashy" as many, many of the pop stars of the day. Actually I must be honest, this recent release of "Run the World" is very disappointing on many fronts. #1. I think the song lacks clear musicality, beat and danci-bility (not a word I know). But more importantly #2. The lyrics are a horrible example to young girls. I do understand the need to communicate the message that you can do anything you set your mind too. Whether your young, old, black, white boy or girl. But the message in this song seems "harsh", and certainly if I had a little girl, I wouldn't want her walking around the house saying "Who Run this Mother_____". Sorry B, I can get with this and I'm actually sad in my heart because I always thought you were the example of true talent and music consciousness, and influential to our young girls. I've watched your career and it seems lyrically, it's going south Please get back to doing "YOU".... classy, talented and an example to the young women of America.

June 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  160. A Beautiful Educated Black Woman

Scientist has proven that everyone is 99.7% connected to each other. Race did not play a factor until the 1800s. Over the years people took race to another level. When people are afraid of something they tend to act irrational. And we all have a prejudice to us, even if it is a stereotype that depicts that when a black man drives a nice car he is a drug dealer. People please "Don't judge the book by its cover." Don't let the media play a factor in our opinions. "We are more alike than we are unalike." Maya Angelou

April 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  161. layo24

So you conveniently blame someone's lack of education as justification for your bigotry?
    Fact: though education is good not everyone will be educated.
    Fact: Racism is a choice that solely rests on the doer not the person who is being mistreated
    Fact: You do show your lack of education, cultural awareness by your comment
    Fact: This was to comment on a song not on any one's ethnicity

April 23, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  162. layo24

And oh by the way:
    What you are implying is that when Caucasians act in ways that show a lack of education and character, people of color should be racist towards them.

Ridiculous nonsense!

April 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Fact: Mondays smell like poo.
    Fact: Mondays look like poo.
    Fact: I hate Mondays!!!!!

April 24, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |