Another one bites the dust on 'American Idol'
April 21st, 2011

Another one bites the dust on 'American Idol'

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

Thursday nights are always such a mixed bag for me.

One one hand, we are one person closer to the Season 10 winner of "American Idol." Yet on the other, we are losing yet another talented contestant.

Tonight's choice to go home was not a huge surprise, but I still liked the kid.

Stefano went out with grace and humility, and I truly wish him the best.  Jimmy Iovine was pretty tough on him, which Stefano seemed to appreciate. I hope he takes all he learns and does well.

Was Stefano's elimination fair? Or should someone else have been on the chopping block?

Let us know what you think. And until next week, stay up "Idol-"ators!

1. dust control router

Somebody essentially lend a hand to make seriously posts I'd state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual submit extraordinary. Excellent task!

May 18, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dual Monitors : Setting UP

hi!,I really like your writing very so much! proportion we communicate more approximately your article on AOL? I require an expert in this area to solve my problem. Maybe that's you! Looking ahead to see you.

May 8, 2012 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. TOEFL Kurse

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you simply can do with some p.c. to drive the message house a little bit, however instead of that, that is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.

April 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sammy

All of these kids are incredibility talented! But I have to agree with the majority. Though Stefano wasn't the best he didn't deserve to go home yet. Casey and Jacob are the weakest links at this point, in my opinion. I'm taking a guess that Scotty, Lauren and James will be the top three but you never know on AI.

April 25, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. Betty

I am tired of James and Jacob. Both scream. One screams rock, the ohter screams Gospel.. Just let them both go and I wont care who wins.

April 24, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Scotty McCreery

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu0aP1U6PyI&w=640&h=390]

April 24, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Leela

This is my first time reading the blogs. Curious about who says what.
    What I came away with is these contestants have proven they have the talent, the grace, the ability to handle judgement,
    the stamina,the intelligence, to do all it takes to show up and sing their hearts out and then wait on Thursday night for the agonizing results.
    The folks who use their fingers to tap out criticism, safely behind their computer screens,are the losers.
    Win or lose, all these contestants have done more to learn about themselves and what good and bad input means and how they gracefully handle it, more than any of the finger tappers hidden behind their computer screens
    Judge as you may, the likelihood of any of you ever having the experience, education and exposure, any of them have to millions of people is in all likelihood--0.

April 24, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bronco

Scotty is good with Country but , do any of you remember Alfred E. Neuman (Mad Mag) mmm ?

April 24, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Frank

I wasn't surprised to see Stephano leave. At this point even the good ones have to be eliminated. Haley should have gone before Stephano but whoever goes now it's just a matter of a count down of the best who are left. My personal thoughts are James should win. He has been the best performer. Doing that 'MUSE' song last Wednesday was terrific. Scotty is getting so boring but he may win just based on the popularity vote. Jacob seems to have peeked and now the last couple of weeks his performances have been poor. I think he will be the one to leave next week unless he can resurrect his performances from a couple of weeks ago.

April 24, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. pointless1

My god you folks seriously need lives... lmao at all of you.....

April 24, 2011 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. mam

I think this season is the most talented yet. Everyone has something different to bring to the show. Anyone can win it at this point of the game. Stephano was my favorite he sang with the most heart. Lauren and James will be in the finale.

April 23, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dixick

Please, please, Lord, anyone but Scotty!

April 23, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Gabor47

This year all the top 12 (even the top 24) were far, far more talented overall than perhaps in any of the previous seasons.
    All the top 12 were excellent singers/performers. Nobody really hung out from the line (like Sanjaya, if anyone remembers) and some of the others. In the previous seasons after hearing the best 12, I could pretty much guess about 3 people out which the winner will emerge. Not this time.

Was Stefano's elimination fair? Let me put it this way: I don't think he could have won the whole thing. Other than that, every week somebody weeps that they didn't make it. It doesn't really matter, because eventually all of them will be eliminated (other than the winner), the question is only the "when". As far as their career later, it also doesn't matter. Look at Jennifer Hudson, and some of the other non-winners who made it as stars and compare them to those who won, yet they didn't make it as stars. Sure they have some musically related job somewhere, but idols? Nope.

The last three who will stand in my opinion: Casey, James, Scotty. Which one will win? I have no clue.

April 23, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. God of Music

Haley is the Goddess of music...She is perfect.

April 23, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Idol fan

Stephano should have never been voted off. Pia neither. The one i have been dying to get OUT is Haley. She really really REALLY needs to go. I am not the biggest country fan but Scotty and Lauren are doing GREAT. I am a Jacob fan as well but will admit he has been VERY pitchy. Casey... well i dont understand his style but i will not knock it. and as for James... He is very good at what he likes. it is safe to say that everyone on A.I. is doing good EXCEPT for Haley! VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT HER!

April 23, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Granny Kat

While Scotty is the best with the country music he is definitely one dimemsional. I like Scotty for what he does also, but he will not win American Idol. My prediction is James for the win!

April 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. COUNTRY STAR

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! No 2 peoples likes or dislikes are the same. There all good , but SCOTTY WINS! YEAH OHHH!

April 23, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  18. musicfan

A lot of you don't seem to know what talent is. Manyof you say Casey or James should go. They are the best on the show. Stefano was one dementional. He didn't mix it up enough. He was stale. I do believe though it should have been jacob. He messed up and didn't do that great with the song. I could hardly understand the lyrics coming out of his voice at one point.
    jacob goes next, then lauren, then scotty, then casey, james and haley in final round.

April 23, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  19. rabi taghore

Pia Toscano Is 2011 American Idol, and that's final !!!

April 23, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  20. Beth

Stefano is a good singer and should have stayed. Cowboy Scotty need
    s to head out and Casey should follow him (he shouldn't have been saved).

April 23, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. babydoll2

All you who comment crack me up. All the contestants are different and have talent. There can only be one winner, it is what they do with this experience that will help them in their life. I do have to say that I don't get the Casey thing. I listen to all kinds of music, but I do not see him with getting this far. Oh well, enjoy each week watching the contestants sing. They all work hard.

April 23, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sassygal1

Since when do American Idol contestants get to skate by just because they sound like established celebrities? Stage presence used to mean something, being able to contribute something unique used to mean something, and sounding great was just part of a total package. This season the contestants aren't getting what they need to grow as artists and learn to entertain. They don't get the blunt, honest feedback they need. Karaoke used to be one of the judges' favorite words and it is more fitting this season than ever. On top of that, they are being allowed to be disrespectful and act like they know what is best. So what if they sound great if they are going to grow egos like the spoiled athletes do.

April 22, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. CindyLuWho

OMG all the comments on this and Lohan going to jail. How many of you educated people remarked on the story about Trump releasing his financial details? Just as I thought-ya all must be teeny tots!

April 22, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  24. amy

James should go home! As far as he is concerned he ha already won Idol and is only going through the process for time sake. Every week he has to get in front of the camera first, just as he did when Stefano made his exit. Bo teach this boy a lesson!

April 22, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Phillip Bunn

The cowboy looks like Alfred E. Neuman, sounds like Josh Turner, and acts like Goober Pyle; in othewords, he sucks.

April 22, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. grandma watches

To be truthful, James Durban and Jacob Lusk have the best set of lungs and range of voice, no they do not always use it to the best of their ability....but James is going to take it this year.

April 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Christopher

It's interesting. I don't really post about things like this. But I found myself at work, a little down, because I believe in
    Stefano. I thought he was a wonderful singer. I think this season, isn't really about ballads, and Stefano was more
    of a ballad guy. He does have a strong voice. He's a more subtle singer with nuances and different phrasing. American
    Idol is about who can make a statement and not necessarily the best singer. Stefano is a singer that will think about the lyrics and deliver a performance that can be more sophisticated. I hope he doesn't get confused of what American Idol wants, and he progresses in his unique style, which in the long run, will make the most difference.

April 22, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. honeychild

Poor stefano...I think he just kept picking the wrong songs...he can Definetly sing...his best was I need you now by s.n.
    I cant stand Jacob..he acts way too gay.
    Scotty & lauren is boring.
    Casey and James both suck..screaming & growls are ridiculous.
    I only like the other girl that sung benny and the jets.

April 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. mskin

Stephano needed t go. Finals should b Casey and James. With Casey taking top as he is a true musician. American Idol needs t stop saving these girls. They r not talented enough t b there.

April 22, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Shawn

imo Casey is such a talent that is beyond idol and I have no idea why he has not been picked up a long time ago before Idol . amazing talent . Producers are clamering about this young man behind closed production doors and no matter how the votes go Casey is going to win whether he is cut or not. He won metphorically from day one anyway. This is one reason the judges saved him. Some are meant to be performers naturally no matter what the people vote yea or ney that guy will go to the absolute top with or without idol.

April 22, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  31. skyler

staphano is gone, get over it he is a really bad singer he should have gotten eliminated a long time ago. jacob needs to go also, he cant sing at all. personaly i think that Haley and Casey might have a chance at winning this thing.

April 22, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. travlintom

jjp – I think you're right! Scotty looks like Howdy Doody! ! Too funny.

April 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  33. jjp

Stefano was great. I like James but Casey has got to go. He is just odd and not likeable.

April 22, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  34. travlintom

Am I the only one who is reminded of Alfred E Nuemann (Mad magazine) every time I loot at Scotty?

April 22, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • jjp

ON my god... he reminds me of Howdy Duty or maybe it is Alfred E nuemann

April 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  35. geno

final 3 will be heavy metal james,scotty country dude, and lauren country girl , so if 1 of country goes off , then james will lose because scottys or laurens votes will be counrty votes so heavy metal and rock in roll people need to vote let heavy metal have a chance and yes im a headbanger love metal maybe stefanos votes will make james way they are still buddies ok i was hoping james and stefano would do duet together group and song is extreme band, and more than words song awesome song and have james do acustic guitar with it

April 22, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. marva

Stefano, no no I don't he was the right person 2 go.. He could sing better than some of the stars that we have.. Jacob and haely should have gone so long but yet they are still there..

April 22, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Peace

1 thing for sure, we'll have a new AI in a matter of weeks. Keep your fav's in! Don't worry about the "tweens", out vote them !!!

April 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jeff

Stefano had to go. He had to pay for PIA........ At least that Lard Diva Jacob will hopefully be next.

April 22, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  39. JJsMOM

Haley should've been gone weeks ago, she's GOOD but she aint GREAT.....The final 4 will be James, Scotty, Lauren and Casey....but with this season, how could we let any of them go, they are ALL wonderful, in their own right and their tour will be the BEST one so far......I do hope everybody realises that, if one of them goes before their time, it's because they have picked up a juicy contract.....they have to be booted off the show 6 months before they can do anything with that contract. I know this because of a couple singers in the past years, that I know personally, that was the deal with them. This is the BEST season of IDOL yet....

April 22, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ItTakesAllKinds

The best thing about this year's Idol is the superb variety and range of the contestants. The hardest thing about this year's Idol is the superb variety and range of the contestants.
    Each contestant brings something different to the table.
    I think both Pia and Stefano have wonderful voices but their lack of performance style is why they were voted off. But with the right coaching and training they may each accomplish big things.
    To me, although I'm not a country music fan, both Scotty and Lauren are adorable. They are so young, so talented. I'd bet they each have long careers ahead of them.
    When it comes to Casey and Haley – I find them both very unique. I'd like to see Casey tone back the angry growl a bit more and I'd like to see Haley's performance come from her soul and not just her voice. I hope we get to see that happen.
    I know that many, many people loved Paul – but he left me flat. Too much Rod Steward, too many sequin roses and not enough movement style.
    Jacob's voice can be as smooth and creamy as caramel with a phenomenal range . . . but the way he uses it often affects me like nails on a chalkboard. His motions have absolutely no polish and his childlike ways disturb me. BUT when he sang Bridge Over Trouble Waters – I absolutely loved him! Maybe in a few years . . .
    Finally – James. James just rocks the whole show. I'm not a rocker but I'm a HUGE FAN of James. The kid has an enormous pool of talent and he's not afraid to jump into the deep end. Even without his story – I think he really deserves to win. But when you think about where he's coming from – he's just an amazing role model and inspiration.
    PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT MEANT TO TELL ANYONE ELSE WHO OR WHAT TO LIKE.

April 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. carolyn

None of them sing as well as any of the kids on Glee. I deplore shout-singing and milking every note. Ugh. I don't care who wins...none are that good.

April 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Joanie

James is the best! Long live Rock Baby

April 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Peace

BTW, James is NOT like Adam L, that guy is a wierdo. James just likes to rock. I find him quite entertaining.

April 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Peace

Carrie Underwood, ring a bell ? She was meak & unsure of herself, just like Lauren. Ummm...I do believe she's doing just fine. I said it before, Lauren needs to loosen up on stage & realize she really can belt out a song if she would let herself.

April 22, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Garry

I hope Casey is next OR Jacob..both get on my nerves big time...Case's ego is soooo inflated by what the judges did to save him and his music gets worse each week...Go James!!

April 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mitch It

I understand why Stefano went home. A nice guy, but it was time. I like Jacob but I don't believe he will go all the way. Scotty is good and will make it in the country family. But he's got to do something about the way he holds the mike. Starting to drive me nuts. I am sooooooooooooo ready for Casey and James to leave. I didn't think the performance by Casey was good at all. And with James... don't like anything about him. A wanna be. Wish Pia was back!

April 22, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Bruce Diamond

I was looking for Stefano to leave a couple weeks ago. I really believed that Naima Adedapo would still be in the mix.
    \

April 22, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Melanie

Thankfully Stefano is finally gone.. He was in the bottom 3 every single week and seemed to escape it like houdini! I was convinced he would escape again.. He was skating by on his looks this whole time with votes from 13 year olds and grandmas and his singing was mediocre at best! I admire how he went out with good sportsmanship but face it, his time was up!

April 22, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. H. Crump

I give all the contestants (past and present) kudos for their performances. It cannot be easy to perform week after week in front of thousands of people and being critiqued by millions. If you don't like the show you can always change the channel; there are so many programs out there. Do not put down someone else for trying to fulfill their dreams. If you can do better and are age appropiate perhaps we will see one of you next season on Idol. LOL

April 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Stefanie

Stefano would not have won. Jacob and Hailey won't win, either. So what does it matter who gets voted off first between the three of them? They'll all be leaving. The final four will be Scotty, Lauren, Casey and James. My personal favorite is James. I like Scotty, too. Lauren and Casey are the same...they have some really good performances, and some pretty bad ones. I think the final two should be James and Scotty, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other two. We'll just have to see. I do have to say, though, that with the exception of Naima, *all* of the Idol contestants have been very talented this year. As far as overall talent goes, I think it's the best season yet.

April 22, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  51. IdolNeeds2Go

Decent talent this year, but Idol needs to go. It started out as a contest for modern pop music. Now 1/2 the songs are 4-5 decades old!! Get real. No one wants to hear that crap! Scotty needs to go to Nashville Star...he's a 1-trick pony and not a "pop" star. Stefano was perfect for broadway or a gay kids band. Pia was awesome, but gone. Lauren at least has some versatility. James is relevant and unique with modern relevant music (and can't get much bigger than getting Zack Wylde to play on AI!!). Casey is generally talent-less and maybe relevant 30 YEARS ago (and still bland)! Haley isn't bad, but awesome eye-candy so she will have a career whether she wins or not (in Vegas at least as a Burlesque singer). So for me, since the true star (Pia) is gone, its James all the way!!! (and then show cancellation) haha

April 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  52. lorislp

I was a Stefano fan...I felt he put his heart into the performance...I don't get that from Lauren at ALL...she should be in the bottom and should have gone home....I have always been able to pick the winner each year based on heart, humbleness, and what the judges were saying...but this year, I'm at a loss! I have no clue...Guess I'm gunning for Haley!

April 22, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • sassygal1

You hit the nail on the head ... except for James and Stephano, most of this top ten group simply doesn't have the heart, passion and determination that we've seen in the past. I applaud them for their courage to be on the big stage, but being there needs to mean more than just getting through the song and hoping for the best. They just don't seem to feel it; they aren't connecting with the songs. The vibe this season isn't the same and it isn't just the change in judges.

April 22, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. skylersmommy

i wish they would send that screachy idiot james home and that awful singer who sounded like he had to fart in past weeks casey home

April 22, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Big Ben

Get a life!! Idol sucks!! A complete joke!! A crappy variety show at best!!!

April 22, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Lynn C

It really doesn't matter who wins, they will get the exposure to move on to better things if they are a good performer.

As a side note-Scotty looks like the guy on the cover of the old Mad Magazine!!!

April 22, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Robin

I'm ready for Casey to go home. I really haven't been that impressed with any of the contentents this year. People keep saying this is the best bunch of kids we've had. REALLY? I like Haley.

April 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Rob

He should have been out a while ago. James will win anyway. His performance this week was the best ever in idol history.

April 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Dot

Wow! AI is so boring – I can't stand to watch it. Last season was the last good season for the show. I have watched the performances on the web but they just don't measure up. The judges aren't good either. I think this show has run its course.

April 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

This is by far the BEST season ever. I've watched every season and all it had become was a show that focused on the goofy people who thought they could sing and then the judges made fun of them. It is no longer a show that gets it's ratings by treating people like crap. They focus on talent. And the entire pool that started off were talented. You would know if you watched each episode. The judges are kinder and gentler. I like how they encourage rather than beat the contestants up.

April 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  59. last 3

Jacob is great. Handsome. Pure. And he sings with angels cause he has god in his heart. Casey is unique. James is different. Lauren is pretty and reminds me of clarkson. Scotty is new elvis. They all gona make it. I like jacob. He sings with love

April 22, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

if retard scotty is the next elvis – I am the next brad pitt. and trust me i am NOT

April 23, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  60. last 3

HALEY GOIN HOME NEXT. THEN SCOTTY. THEN JACOB. LAST 3 WILL BE LAUREN, JAMES AND CASEY. JAMES MIGHT WIN. EITHER WAY EVERYBODY IN THIS SEASON HAS A JOB LINED UP ANYWAY CAUSE THEY ALL SO GOOD AND TALENTED. PIA IS DOING HER THING. WATCH THEY ALL GONA GET IT AT THE END. VERY HAPPY FOR JAMES. HE FIGHT HIS DISABILITY EVERYDAY. STEFANO GONA MODEL AND SING. THEY ALL GREAT. PEACE.

April 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Konstantine

Jacob was a pity vote. I am so sick and tired of seeing this gender challenged contestant crying all the time or looking like he just lost his puppy dog or best friend. It is a form of begging for your votes and we played into it. A lot of far better talent are gone. He was lousy this week and should have gotten the boot.

April 22, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Montana Gal

Have to laugh. "Scotty getting all the votes from the little girls." I'm far from being a "little girl" and I absolutely love country music. And why should a country music singer sing jazz or any thing else? He's country and does a great job. Love his low voice. He will go far. Jacob draws a lot of the older audience, too. He has one set of pipes. Stefano didn't do a thing for me. Thought he should have gone before Paul. Paul has a unique voice. Casey reminds me of a brown noser. Never liked them in school and don't like them now.

April 22, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Canuk_eh!

YAWN. Bring back The Gong Show.

April 22, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  64. lana

As a performer when you go on stage you need to draw the fans into your performance. It's called stage presence, if you don't have it the fans will look bored. James, changes it up ever week to keep the fans wanting more, reinvents his act & songs. I still think he should sing "Lady Gaga's, Born This Way". GOOD LUCK IDOLS because next week is CAROLE KING, if you are not familar with her songs then go yo iTUNES. "GOOD LUCK to the country singers on IDOL singing CAROLE KING it should be IDOL INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!

April 22, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  65. VLE3345

They are all talented in their own way. Honestly, I didn't expect Stefano to go last night – I think one of the weakest performances from Wednesday night was Lauren. Yes, she has a beautiful voice, but so boring..... I like how they all fit a particular "genre". I think it's time for something other than a "pop" idol or a "country" idol, so I am rooting for James or Casey, but leaning more towards James. It's time for a real rocker to win this thing!!!!

April 22, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  66. erich2112x

They never heard my shower version of Ted Nugent's Stranglehold. If they did, I'd certainly be in there.

April 22, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Mark

Is it just me, or does Scotty do the best "George W Bush sings karaoke" impression you've ever seen? If his features and mannerisms don't SCREAM "W" to you, I don't believe you're looking closely enough.

April 22, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ItTakesAllKinds

I SO agree with you! I totally thought the same thing. I can just see him on SNL.

April 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brevard

EXACTLY!!!! I leave the room and mute the TV when that smarmy little hick is about to sing. He needs to go back to the barnyard and croon to the cows.

April 28, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  68. Bella

Why is Haley still on the show? Her voice sucks... Just saying

April 22, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  69. bronxgal

I think Stefano is pretty good....he could be on tv...he reminds me of Scott Baio (Cha-chi from Happy Days).

April 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  70. perez@att.net

April 22, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Alex

It's more of a Pop contest than a country western singing contest. Aren't there some shows like Idol for Country singers already? I am sorry to Stefano go, but he shouldn't have made it this far. His voice is very Karioke! He's cute to look at but that's about it.

April 22, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  72. exactaman

You know I realize that Steven is a fun guy, but honesltly if you took the F word out of a lot of people's vocabulary they wouldnt know how to talk. It used to be that people used the Lord's name in vain to shock but since no one believes in Him anymore they need a new word to shock. Clean up your act steven. Yes........Scotty put a poor showing this week but Stephono is just a little twirp with a girls voice who was singing on borrowed time. Good Job America.

April 22, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremiah

Totally agree about Steven's language. A lot of children watch Idol and even though he was bleeped, it was treated as very funny. Not a good example for anyone. No wonder Steven doesn't have a lot to say - limited vocabulary.
      Too bad. I like him otherwise.

April 22, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. dilberto

Well, can't argue with that one....off to the Jersey Boys auditions. Little Lambert should win this, but since it has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with who your tweenage daughter and grandmother will vote for, the big-headed one note wonder country boy has it locked up.

April 22, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  74. Chris

James Durbin can't sing and shouldn't have even amde it into the top 13 or 12 or whatever it was

April 22, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • geno

fricking retard chris ,james can sing go to youtube another jealous troll

April 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  75. art vandolaye

Haley had the best performance Weds nite. Hands down. Why would you say Haley should have left? Based on past performances or is it women jealous of her good looks? Her song was very, very good Weds nite, deserved every vote she got, and should not have even been in the bottom 3. -Art :)

April 22, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  76. J RAY

Scotty is just a jim neighbors wannabe. A fruit with a deep voice. Poor guy is just embarising.

April 22, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Brevard

J RAY...do you know what a dictionary is? You're not credible if you can't spell anything correctly.

April 28, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  77. J RAY

Scotty just doesnt seem right. Maybe the little girl voters feel sorry for him. His voive is really odd plus he looks rediculous. What is wrong with his face ? Is it some kind of birth defect ? poor guy.

April 22, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  78. Bulldog

Boring boy finally went home. Jacob and Scotty need to go next. But I am getting REALLY tired of James' screeching. And I know the group songs done at the beginning of the show always suck – but last night's was worse than usual. And then the sound techs mess up with David Cook's performance (ANOTHER screw up by the techs)...Thank goodness for DVRs and you can just skip to the last 5 minutes. – what's the point of making the results show 1 hour when most people have DVRs now?

April 22, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  79. vampireweekend

Can't stand Haley!!!! Did anyone else notice her face when Pia got kicked off? She had the most smug look on her face I just wanted to smack her. Also, comparing her to Janis Joplin? The comparison makes me cringe – there was only ONE Janis, and this nasty little girl sounds nothing like her. Hell, all she does is growl and make faces like she's trying to hold a fart in.

April 22, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Gemstone

Uh. Haley smiles when she's in the Bottom 3. Some people react to awkward/sad/traumatizing situations by smiling through it all. And apparently in the studio after Pia got voted off, Haley was crying and trying to get everyone to cheer for Pia. So lay off!

April 23, 2011 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  80. mzcarmichael

Finally!!!! stefano should have been gone a long time ago!!!!! he sucked!!! well he had a good voice but he just seemed to try too hard, he sure was no american idol!! im happy he is gone :) lol

April 22, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  81. Roger

I definitely think Scotty should have been in the bottom 3 this week but that being said, I, too was sad to see Steffano leave. He went out with grace. I think the final 3 will be James, Casey and Lauren. My own personal preference is for James to win the whole thing but Casey has come a long way since the beginning. Lauren on the other hand while she truly has an engaging voice, I just don't think at 16 years old she has the seasoned maturity it will take for what will be asked of her. She has a great career ahead of her but she should just enjoy being a teenager right now.

April 22, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  82. Jeremiah

Come on people! All 6 left are extremely talented, also Pia and Steffano. Stop bashing those who don't suit you.
    They all have a lot to learn about performing so give them a break. Look out! You will be surprised in a few years when they are more seasonsed who shines and who has faded away. May favorite is Haley. She is so much fun to watch. I love her enthusiasm. But I think James will be the big winner. If you like Simon then you are unkind and cruel like him. I am glad he is gone. The judges are doing their best. Katie Perry was awful. David Cook was cool; from my home town.

April 22, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  83. Sandman

RE: Scotty

Two words: Josh Gracin. Remember him? Thought not.

April 22, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  84. CaptureTheGlow

Pullllease, he should have been gone a long time ago. You know why? All the little girls were voting for him because he was cute. Yeah he was good singer, but I didn't think he was GREAT, he sounds the same EVERY week. He doesn't do anything different. He sounds like any other "boy band" lead singer. BORRRRING! Bye-Bye!

April 22, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • ac

CAPTURE THE GLOW

April 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • ac

CAPTURE THE GLOW you are a really ignorant a#$ Stephano sounds the same, what about country boy, or Jacob who cries every week ok James the hollering queen you need to stop what you are doing and go get you head checked Retard

April 22, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Strauss

I'm okay with Stefano leaving...he was of the less interesting contestants left I think. I'm pretty sure he couldn't be a front man...he has boy band written all over him. I would have been okay with Jacob going too but I am intrigued by him. He needs to go to Broadway – his voice is very dramatic. I think he should sing the reprise of "I'll Cover You" from Rent. He would knock that out. I haven't been a big fan of Haley but I thought she killed it last week. She looked hot and sang great.

I still am rooting for Casey – I think he brings something new to the music seen and is very versatile. My guess is Lauren ends up winning. All country final...Scotty and Lauren.

April 22, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • lorislp

I soooo hope you're wrong...Lauren hasn't done a thing to impress...she just stands there and smiles... and "Born To Fly" and "The Climb" are just the lamest songs...Scotty is likeable but his performances are corny.

April 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Maggiemai

Smarish.....your fiull of smarm!!!! James is the best!

April 22, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  87. icee

Stefano did his best performance after he was eliminated. I enjoyed him but he was mediocre week after week. He let it all out in his final song. Had he consistently did that, he would have still been there. I see him doing best in a group. He needs support. I am not a rocker fan but enjoy James week after week. He really brings 110% to the stage. If all the contestants did that, the show would be awesome. I see him as the last one standing.

April 22, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  88. mary

Personally I dont get all the buzz about Casey I think his quirky ways are what are keeping him on not that he is a great singer. He belongs in a blues club not a pop/rock singer if that is what AI winner is supposed to be. Anyone who wasn't failed and even some who were failed. The best ever, Adam Lambert didn't win. James is also a cheap imitation of Adam don't get him. Jacob has a gorgeous voice but belongs where Fantasia ended up on the Broadway stage. I think best for the genre they sing in is Scotty, the next male Underwwod and should win. Stefano didn't belong there anyway. Best singer for the songs he sings, and who can become a true star in his specialty is Scotty.

April 22, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • lisa

scotty – alias alfred e. newman – SUCKS so bad........I hope he goes next!

April 23, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Jeff

Maybe Scotty wanted to compete on Nashville Star, but, IIRC, that show no longer airs. I'm just sayin'...

April 22, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  90. Rins

I really didn't like Stefano. Sure, he had a good voice...but everytime I saw him on stage all I could think of was one of those guys you would see at a club trying to hit on anything with the right parts. It always looked like he was trying to be the romantic, boy-band type singer...trying to woo the ladies...and it just didn't work.

April 22, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  91. Major7Chords

People that says Haley can't sing know nothing about singing. The way she instantly changes notes, is crazy! When she's in her zone, her tone is amazing. Anybody who sings is in awe of her voice, same for Casey. He is basically Genreless. He can do them all. Lauren lacks confidence, she wants to be a country star, but her voice is so much bigger. That may hurt her right now, until she gets confidence. James won't win Idol but is a bonifide rock star. Same for Scotty regardless of what happens, he will be moving to Nashville. Jacob is good, but he has really gone down the last few weeks. I really like him but just not sure if the music "biz" is really for him. We shall see!! Best Season ever so far.

April 22, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  92. tom

How can anyone say Stephano was terrible. He had one of the BEST voices on that show. Really...looking at some of the stupid comments above it sounds like it was more involved than his voice. Seriously...that kid could sing his ass off and was so talented. UNLIKE those one shot ponies still sitting on the couch last night. Really...Scotty? Casey? Haley? Talk about sucking? Scotty is using his questionalbe charm at this point to get votes...cuz it's not his voice. Scotty needs to GO.

April 22, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  93. p3163

All of the finalist are so talented who cares who gets eliminated first or last. All of them are going to make a mark in the music industry.

April 22, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  94. mejazzbo

Why doesn't CNN put "Survivor" rants on their website anymore. They have a psyco on this season that truly is a disgrace to federal law enforcement community.

April 22, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  95. Peace

Sorry, not bailey, haley. Dang keyboards on these phs are so small! Lol Guess I need more coffee!

April 22, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  96. Peace

After Jacob, Bailey,& Scotty are gone, it's gonna be a tough decision. Not worried about Scotty, he has a career waiting for him. He's just not AI material. Haley just annoys me w/ her growling thing she does. Jacob always looks like he gonna cry, again, annoying. Casey has talent,but, I don't like to watch him-he creeps me out. Lauren is good,but, she needs to loosen up on stage. She can belt out a song, she just doesn't know it yet! James can rock, he's entertaing! Did I forget anyone? Well now, I guess Lauren & James are my fav's !

April 22, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  97. Tash

Stefano is terrible. He will put out a crappy single, and not sell. Then he will fall of the face of the earth. Dude has minimal talent.

April 22, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  98. Bookenz

It was time for Stefano to go. Next Scotty please–his voice is limited and those faces he makes are so annoying. But it probably won't be Scotty yet.

April 22, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  99. Andrea

No Stefano shouldn't have gone home, he was good... not great but way better than Jacob... Now with him gone i don't have a favorite!... I guess Lauren?!?

April 22, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  100. las730

Yep it was long over due to Stefano. Jacob is next.

April 22, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  101. sherry

I think Jacob should have went home. He has a good voice, but its too churchy. Stefano would do better in pop music. Hope he actually makes it

April 22, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  102. Mark S

Okay people it goes like this..

Jacob is next. (now growth and really was lame on the last Luther song.)
    Haley after him. ( Good Adele song, but really doesn't grab you in the long rung. I would never buy her music.)
    Casey next. ( Talented but is only getting votes like Taylor Hicks did. He needs to find his way.
    Scotty after him. ( will do will in the country genre – but man what a boring kid.) Yawn.
    The last two standing will be Lauren – ( Great potential) and James – Great performer with the right material will do well.
    Stefano was ok. Hopefully he will put out something worth buying. We shall see.

April 22, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • linda

I like your choices, except I think Lauren is so over rated.

April 22, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • lorislp

Oh no! Not Lauren...does she bring her heart out to every performance? No! She deserved to go before Stefano...was the worst of the night and picks the worst songs! Please get off the Lauren train...she is sooo overrated!

April 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Granny Kat

I liked that kid Stefano; I wish him the best in his career. I was hoping gospel choir boy Jacob was the one going home. He never impressed me much And I still think it is going to be James, Casey and Haley in the final three.

April 22, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  104. Andre cCCCCC

Pai made me jump up and down until I went to the bathroom, she's hot and can sing, but not a star!!

April 22, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  105. DJS

For crying out loud, Paul never should have been in the top 12. Why do people keep bringing him up? He was TERRIBLE. Haley or Jacob should have gone before Stefano.

April 22, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  106. Andre C

I watch idol every week. I'm not to crazy about any of them this year. Nobody really makes me jump up and down
    I did like Pia but she's gone so now I just watch. I think anyone can go at any time. I did not like the group singing
    last night it sounded off key. And whats with this Katy Perry chick (Lady Gag Gag) lip syncing that song last night
    HORRIBLE. That is a hit song? Is this the future of music? Sad. Where's the talent. No wonder I'm stuck in 70s 80s.

April 22, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  107. marc

James is the best !!!

April 22, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  108. scotty and others

yep -one trick pony everyone – all he can do is country – but he is really really really good at it. will sell more than stefano in the ling run. and like scotty, lauren will have huge country success and even cross over to pop – contender; love casys talent; love haleys unique voice; james just rocks everytime – prob winner.

April 22, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  109. stefanoboyband

come on people – stefano deserved to go. he is such a phony, 80's/90's boy band member. sure he has nice voice but he is cookie cutter!!!! just like Pia – dime a dozen! Jacob will prob be next. but I actaully like him when he gets into the bluesy/gospel singing.

April 22, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  110. Elizabeth

Why in the world is Scotty McCountry still on the show?? The most boring, monotonous of them all...

April 22, 2011 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
    • IsaidTHATnow

Because I voted for him with my Automatic Dialer downloaded into my computer. With one click of a button I can Vite 1000 times. I spend the whole two hours after the show clicking it like crazy for my man Scotty. FYI, I clicked it a few times for Lauren too.

April 22, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Mee

Because he is good :p

April 22, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  111. buh-bye now

It's about time to put this show out to pasture. So tired of the hype, the tweens control the vote. The judges are too easy on them, they all suck. AI is dead.

April 22, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  112. Jonny C

Musically I felt James did the best performance. He really knows how to grab the crowd week after week and keep them. Stefano's best performance was right after he lost. That kid has so much spirit I believe anything he wants to do he will achieve. Casey was great but his gimmicks will wear off over time since his main crowd is hipsters and they tend to be fickle fans. Jacob cannot grow any more from AI. His heart and voice are in Gospel. He has sold America on what he can do and it is time for him to go and start making music. Haley...Girl can sing. She jsut needs a little more time to develop her style and then she can be happy but she won't make it all the way. The girl can sing though. Scotty. he can sing country, is ready to perform, knows his niche, get to recording and move on. Great voice! James will win it though simply because he is the best performer/singer. That man was born to rule a stage and that is what this show is about.

April 22, 2011 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • ShellyBee

Ditto! I couldn't agree more.

April 22, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • James Rules!

I totally agree that James is the best contestant! He has the voice, the story, and the charisma. It'll be totally unfair if the little girl votes make Scotty the winner. James is not Adam, he's even better! Go James!

April 22, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Henry

Wow slow week huh 7 days of idol coverage sad

April 22, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  114. Christopher

I was sad to see Stefano go. His last performance, I had thought was great. He sincerely grew as a performer. I remember when the judges told him to open up and connect with the audience. He sincerely achieved that. I also
    thought he had all the elements to be a successful singer/artist. I was surprised he was often included in the bottom 3.

I hope there's a contract waiting for him to progress into recording. I'm going to watch out for a new CD from him.
    I'll support him. I wonder who will produce him? Hopefully soon.

April 22, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  115. Jason

This show is a joke without Simon. Give me a break, the judges are all so nice and so polite. Why not call a spade a spade...Stephano would make ANY record label money and it is ALL about appearance, good looks, talent AND yes, a good voice (in that order!) AI is a shame shame shame this year...not a surprise. Best of luck to you Stephano...you WILL DEFINATELY go far! Remain you and TRUE!

April 22, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony

I thought I was the only one who thinks that the judges are WAY too nice! Get Simon back fast!

April 22, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Simon, is that you?

April 22, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Absolutely!

The judges need some credibility ... they are letting the contestants down by holding back and sugarcoating everything.

April 22, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Heavenly Hera

Haley reminds me of one of those nerdy girl spoofs that Gilda Radner/Jane Curtain used to do on the old Saturday Night Live shows. Only WORSE. And couldnt sing a note if her life depended on it.

April 22, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  117. Peace

I thought Jacob would go before Stephano. I'm guessing Jacob will be gone next week. I think Hailey is color blind. Her whole outfit clashed. Reminded me of a clown. She did well last night though, I thought. Not my fav,but, she did good.

April 22, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Couldn't Agree More

Don't know what has happened with advisors this year, but someone needs to talk to all the contestants about their clothes! They need to make them look at themselves on film after dress rehearsal so that they have a chance for a wardrobe change. For a brief time, they were doing okay, but poor Lauren's back to very unflattering fits and Haley's been smokin' something that makes her see alternate colors. Casey borrows his from the stage crew or janitor. James eventually plans to use his scarf tail as a gag for Jacob.

April 22, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  118. lana

James Durbin should have song Lady Gaga's Born this Way

April 22, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  119. Eric

Too bad about Stefano, he never clicked with the audience I guess. But out of everyone, I think his voice has the most market potential in the pop field.

April 22, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • ariamuse

Agree with Eric. Stefano could star on Broadway tomorrow. His pitch control, I thought was much better than any of the other singers on a regular basis, but he doesn't have the Idol style.

April 22, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  120. Rock God

April 22, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
    • arbeegee

"I can't believer that cheezy Howdy Doody country bore is still on. That Scotty kid makes me want to utilize violence."

Utilize your "violence" on yourself. Maybe he is strictly a country singer and probably won't win Idol, but my bet is that "Howdy Doody Scotty kid" is going to be raking in the dough very shortly with a great career in country music. What will you be doing, other than sitting at your computer criticizing someone who has more talent than you can imagine having? No one ever said the show is restricted to pop/rock/soul/R&B. Remember Carrie Underwood?

April 22, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

You really think that Scotty will be raking in the dough just because he sounds so much like just about every other male country artist? There is absolutely nothing unique about him, other than his weird snarky facial gestures and inability to hold the microphone normally. He acts like moving around on the stage is painful and unnatural to him. His humility/modesty in the beginning was endearing, but he seems like he has lost some of that. Why have some kid who isn't even out of high school with no chrisma record a song that someone with an established audience can record?

April 22, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Amen – scotty SUCKS so bad

April 23, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Steffan

Stefano was doomed for a very long time. He was a soulless boy-band wannabe singing in a single genre and taking NO chances.

Jacob and Scotty also need to depart, too. It's now a showdown regarding which one goes first. Either way it'll come down to James, Casey and most likely Haley.

This is the best season of this show in a long time, but the down side is that it's a bit predictable because the favorites are obvious.

April 21, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Yet Stefano made the top 7. Not bad for a kid who was wild card pick and "doomed for a very long time." LOL!

April 22, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  122. David

Any Idol fans hear Kanye drop the "F" bomb on Katy Perry's horrible, lip-synced song "ET"?

April 21, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • whatever

Katy Perry is a hack! If she sang that song live you wouldn't recognize her voice at all! Some reason sheeple like her. I don't get it...

April 22, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  123. yankeetexan

I think the producers liked Stefano and I think he'll have a great career. I was especially touched when he and James were hugging...they have become such great friends..that is great! I wish Jacob was gone...I'm sick of him! Now I'm ready for JAMES to win it all....he is so talented!

April 21, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimberly

Jacob needs to gooooooo ! Stefano has a beautiful voice – but he needs to be in group with others, like Boyz2Men... All of these contestants are doing quite well right now – read an excerpt from a book a couple of weeks ago – they make $1570 per competing night; $910 on elimination night; $450 a week for clothing; they get a cut of the summer tour and all albums sold. It is estimated that they all make about a million dollars the first year after Idol....Not a bad gig!
      Absolutly love James as a rocker; Casey for jazz; Haley for blues and Scotty & Lauren for country... they will all do well!

April 22, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Since you're all hating Jacob (gee, I wonder why), I'm gonna defend Jacob. Just because you hate him and the way he sings and the way he looks and the way he talke, etc. doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the top 6. He's still there because he has FANS voting for him just like your favorites do. This is a voting contest and Jacob had enough votes to stay. No, Jacob will not win American idol and I think he knows that, but he still deseves to be where he is just like your favorites deserve it.

April 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bentley

You know what, if you knew anything about music, you would know that Jacob is one of the most talented contestants on the show. But, he will not win because many people like you simply don't like the way he looks and that is really too bad but he will succeed in spite of you!

April 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Suz

Not watching Idol but viewing videos of performances and anyone who thinks Haley should go is tone deaf or dead; she's one of the most unique singers on that ridiculous show, and her voice is perfect! I'm sure the voters who don't like her are under the age of 14 and have no real clue what REAL, genuine talent is. All they care about is the 'cute' factor, and you can see how well that turned out last year. Lee Who???? Casey's another talent but those ridiculous facial gestures, teeth gritting and grimacing are so horrible to watch, it's difficult to pay attention to his really amazing vocal and musical skills.

April 21, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beasterdamas

You right Suz, Haley is heads and tails about all these people, she is awesome!

April 21, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • So True

so true, very unique and can do crazy things with her voice
      not perfect yet but a ton of promise and has done some season great things even so (like last wed night)
      i certainly can't think of any in this bunch who are better
      sadly she will be a goner next week or the week after almost for sure unless American totally wakes up suddenly

April 22, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Sue

Haley does have a good voice, most of the time. However, she doesn't connect fully with the audience. You can't see that since you haven't been watching, only listening. I think that a performer needs to not only be accomplished but they need to connect. It's very important.

April 22, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

Yo Suz....you're either totally tone deaf or have a little thing for the growler. She is just okay...most times closer to annoying with all that growling and awkward moves on the stage. I wanted her gone weeks ago. Take out the earplugs.

April 22, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  125. Trish

I think Jacob should have gone last week and Hayley tonight.

April 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marty

No matter who wins they will never be another Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. Think of the Idols you never hear of. Starting with Taylor Hicks...what happened to him?

April 22, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • chauncey

You might want to add Jennifer Hudson to your list...I do believe she is worthy!

April 22, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  126. mm

Casey & Haley cannot sing, Jacob screams. Scotty & Stefano the best.

April 21, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • ammy

sorry to break it to you but stefano sucked and now hes gone

BTW

WHO HERE IS SUPER PUMPED FOR HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2
      I MEAN SERIOUSLY I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO THE AUDIOBOOK ALL NIGH AND I AM LEGIIIITTT BAWLING AND ITS LIKE MY 4TYH TIME LISTENING/READING IT
      I AM IN LOVE WITH RON
      HARRY IS AMAZING AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WILL DO WITH MY LIFE WHEN IT IS OVER

AHHHHHH SO AMMMMAAAZING

IF ANYONE HAS NEVER READ THE BOOKS EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE MOCIES I SAY READ IT RIGHT NOW

I PPPPRRRROOOOMMMIIISSSSEEE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED

THERE IS A REASON WHY IT IS WORLD FAMOUS

April 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • seriously

How can you say Haley can't sing?

Heck Kelly Clarkson, Melinda Doolittle, Adam Lambert along with other singers were praising her like mad yesterday saying stuff like she was best of the night, their fav, totally in awe of her voice and how she could change it up instantly, etc.

Casey was a bit rough a lot last night but he has been very good a number times in the past.
      Stefano was out of tune a bunch and Scotty is boring as boring can be and he seemed like he was playing himself as an SNL skit this week although I guess his vocals aren't bad for the one thing he can do (if you actually like that one thing, although I guess the South and Midwest eat it up).

April 22, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Marty

I haven't seen many comments about James, the real screamer. He needs to go soon. Enough of his screaming heavy metal...I'd like Haley or Lauren to get to the bottom two...a guy and a girl.

April 22, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  127. John Smith

I think Scotty has the most potential.

April 21, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vero

Are you deaf??? Scotty is a one trick pony. He can only and will ever only do country music. It's the same thing with him week after week. I have no doubt that he'll have a country album and it will probably do very well, but he's not diverse at all. Quite frankly I've grown quite bored of him.

April 21, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Man, you are so right! He can just do country music. And where will that get him? It's not like anyone ever made money or got famous singing country music, right? Ok, maybe Garth Brooks. Or the most successful of the AI winners, Carrie Underwood. Or Vince Gill. Or Reba McEntire. Other than selling a couple of gajillion albums, making a couple of bazillion dollars, becoming univerally known legends, where have they gotten signing that country stuff? Poor kid, what a future.

April 22, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Jasmine

I think Scotty is amazing at what he does. I don't think the "Idol" has to go from one extreme to the other, just has to be one of the best in his/her own area. Scotty is incredible with CW and I think he is idol-worthy because of that alone.

April 22, 2011 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
    • pchambers

So what if Scotty is pretty much country...I love his voice. As for Casey, all he does is fake jazz. And all Jacob is screech like he thinks volume is what makes music.

April 22, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Scotty was the only one who could actually sing "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay correctly. I was impressed! I expected more out of James and Casey on that song. But James kept trying to make it sound metal (which it is not) and Casey's voice would have been better suited for "Hey, Soul Sister". I think that Scotty should sing some more Coldplay or songs by another band in the genre. He can sing songs other than country, but he needs to get out of his comfort zone. If he did that, then he might get Stefano's fans' votes.

April 22, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

Scotty is not in league with all the people you listed. Not even close.

April 22, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • TJM

It's not that Scottie "just does country". As many of you have pointed out, there are lots of successful artists who made it big "just doing country". It's that with Scottie, every song sound the same. Week after week, it's the same tempo, the same vocal range, the same just sitting there for the first 30 seconds then standing up and kind of strolling around the stage. There are thousands and thousands of great country songs that he could use to diversify his performance and he just doesn't do it. Johnny Cash, anyone?

April 22, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • ksheets

Hey Vero-you are right. Scotty only does country! And he does a great job. Haven't you been listening to anything the judges say. Stick to what you are true to.

April 22, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • kls817

And with Stefano gone, Scotty will get the votes from the pre-teen girls. He is definitely the "cutest". None of the other male contestents are cute.

April 22, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • N. Tots

I think Scotty could pick up Radio Free Somalia with those ears. But that's a separate story.

April 22, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seriously?

Scotty has the most potential? Since when is American idol a contest for the best sound-alike?

April 22, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ross

Scotty SUCKS – and he is so damn ugly

April 23, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  128. trala

Idol's never been worth watching for me – but Casey's tremendous. No idea if he'll win but he's actually a musician. It's been years of dumbpop.

April 21, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • ammy

agreeee

April 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • MisCros

Casey does nothing but talk the words of songs. Why in the world would anyone consider him an "artist"? He's just a goofy, look-at-me, faker.

April 22, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  129. jg in South

I am very upset....Haley or Scotty or the jazz dude should have gone first!!!!!!!

April 21, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • amy

seriously... the jazz dude

if you take the time to find and then post your opinion to an american idol blog, you can't pretend that you do not know the contestants names, especially when there are less than 10 contestants left

April 21, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • ross

Scotty SUCKS so bad.........

April 23, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Todd

It was time... Heck it was past his time, he should have been gone long ago. It will be tough now.... Everyone can sing. I think Jacob is next to go, then Haley. BUT I repeat, this kid should have been gone long ago.

April 21, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • kndnd

agreed

April 21, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • smarish

Totally agree. Stefano should never have gotten to the last 24. He has such a weak voice and stage presence you almost forget he's there. Next should be the 'screamer' James. What a waste of time he is.

April 22, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Your Electro Shop

DITTO!!!!

April 22, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |

Yes he should have gone LONG ago, before Naima, Pia and Paul. He was BORING and did not do anything special among an exceptionally talented groupe this year. So glad he's finally off!

April 22, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Mooncake01

AGREED!!!!!! Should have never made it to the top 13!

April 22, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Marty

The only thing Paul had going for him was his personality and smile. He does not have a great singing voice. Too raspy...

April 22, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Brodie

I love how people with NO Talent are the most brutal critics. Stefano can sing. Quite well actually.

April 22, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • ImAbbie

Completely agree and I love Stefano. He's a very talented kid, but he's too boy band. He could be an actor for Nickelodeon or Disney. Maybe a Glee character? Jacob should be next. There is something about him that I just can't watch him sing. And what is with James? We already had Adam Lambert once. James has 1/2 the talent and not even close to the entertainment value of Adam. Quit trying to copy and be your own person!

April 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Pat in IL

I agreed that Stefano should have gone, but Jacob should have gone before him. After that, I think Scotty and Lauren should go.

April 21, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mee

Again why dont you people leave Scotty alone? He is the best and I love him

April 22, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Marty

Scotty needs to change some of his stage presence. His sneer and the way he hold the mike is too off kilter....whether he wins Idol or not Im sure Nashville is waiting in the wings for him...

April 22, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Carol King songs this week? Can those be country-fried?

April 22, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Lori

Haley should be gone. By far the least talented of the remaining constestants. Stefanlo – he deserved to stay another week. But what does it matter – after unjustly and cruelly victimizing Pia Toscano just so AT&T could profiteer off of tweens who vote thousands of times each week (each one of them) – who cares?

April 21, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • iroL

How can you say Haley has the least talent?

April 22, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  133. mark

jacob should have gone home instead pulling just from the bottom 2. alternatively, out of the remaining idols, i'd have liked to see casey and scotty go home before stefano...

April 21, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  134. twisted

Why should we care american idol will fall off soon

April 21, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • stereogirl

Why should you comment if you don't care?

April 22, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Gary in Clyde

you must be watching .....or you wouldn't know about American Idol..........#1 show

April 25, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  135. Andrea

Stefano shouldn't have even been anywhere near the bottom. Jacob would have gone home if it hadn't been for the pity vote. I would love to just be able to swap out Haley and Jacob for Paul and Stefano. Oh well, this just means Stefano will have more time to work on his debut solo album which is gonna tear up the charts.

April 21, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • KRISTINA

I LOVE STEFANO AND I LOVED THAT HE DANCED LAST NIGHT AND I CRIED ALOT AND STILL WANT TO CRY BECAUSE I AM VERY OBSESSED WITH HIS VOICE AND HE IS GOING TO MAKE IT BIGGER THAN JACOB OR CASEY. LAUREN WILL NOW WIN IDOL.

April 21, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimberly

April 22, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Luvmesumzacefron

Jacob needs to go... He hasn't been good for a really long time..

April 22, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Did you happen to see the beginning of the show on Wednesday when all of the girls who had been voted off came back and sang with Paul? He proved why he was voted off...terrible.

I'm sure Stefano will do very well for himself though.

April 22, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

This wasn't the right season for Stephano. He was interested in becoming an artist. He was sincere and hardworking, fully aware that he has a lot to learn and willing to take advantage of the feedback and opportunities Idol provides. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Idol has as much to offer as far as feedback and critiques as in the past. The talent this season has been awesome, as far as potential. It just doesn't seem like the show has known what to do to make the most of it. The contestants aren't being challenged to do their best, push their limits, or try new things. No way Scotty and Lauren would get away with their "safe" song choices without some harsh words. If they want to be the American Idol, they need to try something different – take a risk – be unique and more well-rounded. Other Idols have been expected to do the same.

April 22, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  136. shreveporter

i like the cowboy, but he should have gone. not stefano,

April 21, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mee

I love the cowboy... Leave him alone he deserves to be there.

April 22, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • blueburner

I agree–he's boring. Also, so is the country girl, Lauren. She sings the same song week after week. She's shrunk instead of grown.

April 22, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • rcberry28

casey and jacob should have gone looooooong ago, I stopped watching after Pia was voted off. Either the american public voters are stupid (well look at politics) or they are deaf.

April 22, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mardi

Scotty should have been sent on his way soley for singing a song from 1982, and not one from the 21st Century.
      I'm just glad Paul is gone. God he did nothing but screech!

April 22, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Me again

Stefano was terrible. He has been the worst since the beginning. Casey is the most talented by far

April 22, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • SHEISHOT

Who cares who wins...I just want to see Haley in a movie...a hot movie...maybe with Pia...and not a lot of clothing...

April 22, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • J B

Scotty has no range and can't harmonize. Every song sounds like the last. Casey is a real musician. Jacob trills too much, it's hard to listen to. I don't remember any other of the top 7.

April 22, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • kls817

Scotty will now get the votes from the biggest bloc: pre-teen girls, because now none of the other guys are cute.

April 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mo

That screaming kid? Yea, what's his name? James? Yea... HIM. He should have been long gone. I think those sob stories aired during initial auditions give contestants that extra edge they need. I don't care if he has Turrets or Aspergers... he needs to GO. He is definitely NOT as talented as Casey, Haley, Jacob, or Pia (who got robbed of her opportunity to be an American Idol).

April 29, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |