'Hunger Games' cast keeps growing
Jack Quaid, left, with his father Dennis Quaid and wife Kimberly at the premiere of "The Express" in 2008.
April 20th, 2011

'Hunger Games' cast keeps growing

Jack Quaid, the son of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid, is one of the latest to join in "The Hunger Games."

The much anticipated film adaptation of Suzanne Collins' blockbuster "The Hunger Games" trilogy is the young actor's first major movie.

According to The Wrap, Jack Quaid will make his acting debut alongside newly cast actress Leven Rambin as ruthless District 1 career tributes Marvel and Glimmer. In Collins' books, career tributes are children who spend their lifetime training for the battle-to-the-death Hunger Games and volunteer to participate.

The addition of Quaid and Rambin comes after yesterday's news that Amandla Stenberg and Dayo Okeniyi have signed on as Rue and Thresh, and Elizabeth Banks is circling the role of flighty, pink-haired executive Effie Trinket.

"The Hunger Games," which stars Jennifer Lawrence as heroine Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as her fellow competitor/love interest Peeta, and Liam Hemsworth as her childhood friend Gale, is set for release on March 23, 2012.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. geld verdienen met internet

Thank you for another informative site. The place else may just I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I've a undertaking that I'm just now working on, and I've been on the look out for such information.

August 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SuperSonic3232L

Awesome Website. I completely Agree with everything you said! Also Play Mario Games at mariogaming.net!

July 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Celia

okay i love this book series it is the most amazing book every. But to be honest i think the actors for peeta and gale should be switched. and that girl playing katness looks a little too old, same with who ever is going to play prim.

May 14, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Olivia

I don't understand why they cast Liam, who is blonde, as Gale, and Josh, who has brown hair, as Peeta.. Umm, hello? Have they read the book yet? But it's okay, because I think Josh is cuter, and I'm definitely Team Peeta, so I guess it will work out okay, haha :) But they better get the looks right in the film, I hate it when there is an obvious mistake in how the characters look. Looking forward to this film, love the books! (the first two, anyways). PS, I think Amandla is a great choice. Go THG!!

April 22, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mariah

Well that's why they have makeup and hair dye/wigs. Very seldom do actors use their natural look. Theyre personalities fit the characters though :)

April 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fdycstrf

how can I become a actor in the hunger games movies

April 21, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kelsey Salatino

Nope, they have the actors correct. I think if they were switched, they would fit the characters better. But, I'm not the casting director, so we'll see how it goes.

April 21, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. cjc

I think you may have reversed the actors in the roles of Peeta and Gale in your article. Great series, can't wait for the movies!

April 21, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. fat dummy

I already eated too much toeday. Im not too hungry. If ok they can just give me some money.

April 20, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |