Halle Berry's custody battle is over
April 20th, 2011

Halle Berry's custody battle is over

Halle Berry is putting her bitter custody battle behind her.

The actress, who until February was fighting ex Gabriel Aubry for custody of daughter Nahla, tells TV's "Extra" she is happy that the two have settled their issues.

"It's been a year full of challenges," says Berry. "When there's a child involved, it's a relief when you can resolve things in a good way."

The couple, who split last April, began their public battle in December, when Aubry filed for joint physical and legal custody of Nahla. The following month, Berry fired back, claiming that she had dropped out of the movie "New Year's Eve" because she was concerned about their daughter's well-being in the care of Aubry for any extended period of time. He then disputed her claims, calling her allegations "untrue and irresponsible."

Now that the worst is over, Berry tells Extra, "Our issues were never about fighting for her. We both know a child needs both her parents. But what I want to say about it is sometimes, as a couple, you reach an impasse. We need a court and a judge to help us work out some of the delicate issues, and I'm so happy we've arrived at that place—because for her sake, this is the best way."

Ultimately, says the actress, "We both love her more than life."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Well Then

At least the lawyers are richer... Custody is the dumbest fight to even start.

May 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. youbetcha

Halle Berry is a spoiled brat. She fakes her charisma, and thinks the world owes her. She tried to make the baby's dad
    look like harmful father. She thought she would get press and people backing, but her lies were just that. Pitty the fool who
    gets caught up with her. She is a man eater, and bone splitter. Kind of a hag, actually.

April 24, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. baby4love

Hello,(edithkuru@yahoo.com)
    My name is edith,i saw your
    profile today and became
    intrested in you,i will also
    like to know you the more,and
    i want you to send an email to
    my email address so i can give
    you my picture for you to know whom i am.
    I believe we can move from here!
    I am waiting for your mail to my
    email address above.
    Remeber the distance or colour does
    not matter but love matters alot is love
    please you have to contact me with
    email adderss (edithkuru@yahoo.com)
    thanks yours,
    edith.

April 21, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ScDiva

I'm happy that she has put this behind her if only for the sake of her daughter.

April 21, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cheryl

I just do not understand how a man is good enough for a woman to have his baby, but not the right one to have shared custody with. That is very confusing to me. It would seem there would be some sign that he/she would not be a good parent before the pregnancy. Poor kids.

April 21, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. Blessed

The bible says, "My people parish because of the lack of knowledge" It says, "In all you getting, get wisdom,
    knowledge, and understanding because it will keept you and preserve you, If you do not have knowledge that makes
    you an ignorant person. It is a terrible thing to be Ignorant. This means that you are clueless, without insite,
    without knowledge you are in the dark. I say all of that to say this, Prejudice is IGNORANT. It's like being a
    child in scool, one kid laughing at another kid that can't walk. You hate a person that has no control over the way God made them. Most people like their race, their color, I am a black female, I love the way God made me. It is completely dumb for me to hate someone of another face, creed or color. We all make the world beautiful, it would be a completely borning world if everyone was the same color, if all the birds were the same color, it there were only one color cats, or dogs, people, get real, realize that prejudice is dumb and ignorant and if you are prejudice, you are an ignorant person walking in darkness and hurting no one but yourself.

April 21, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. ganan

Halle is a crazy b-i-t-c-h. Doesn't matter what color she is....crazy is crazy.

April 21, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. SKY

FACT: MARRY MARRY MARRY – POOR EXAMPLE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

April 21, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Angela

I'm glad that they worked it out! It really doesn't have anything to do with the color of the skin. I'm married to a white man, I'm black and we are very happy. Its other people reactions. But that wasn't what they were fighting about. They are working it out for their daughter which is great! I happen to like Halle a lot! Her career has hit some rough spots but she is great!!! Stay on topic.....

April 21, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. Big Daddy

In other words, she can't be bothered with raising a child while she's out partying. Nothing but a self-centered, over-indulged bimbo, narcissistic bimbo.

April 21, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. sue killam

Race has NOTHING to do with this. Feeble minds will try to reduce it to that. Smarten up! Stick to the real issue

April 21, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. jboogy

I said nothing but positive comments and rebuttles, dont ever get on a blog and say someone is "better served w a bullet in thier head"??? talk to the racist people that spread that hate please. No disrespect intended.

April 21, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  13. Roxy

Wow! I needed a good Laugh this early in the morning! Thanks Richard! The rest of you can work on you acts, spelling, wisdom, and your own life now..You all have so much to say, and it all means " zero" with bad grammar! Yeah..intellect at it's peak! Here is a tip...Spell Check! It often works..as for the rest of your ignorance..a bullet would also be highly effective if placed squarely in your heads!

April 21, 2011 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. davis

Wow u all are trippin holly do what's best for ur child it doesn't matter about anything else man come and go woman come and go just a fact of life but understand sometime our pride does get the way of thing think about that

April 21, 2011 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. E

She need a man like me,no drama

April 21, 2011 at 4:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. Neil n Kansas

Go Halle!

April 21, 2011 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  17. Peace

All the racist comments here, incredible. Sorry peeps, trash comes in all colors. The rest of us are just good human beings.

April 21, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  18. flappersjazz

Youre not only racists, youre also idiots. Get a life and take your meds.

April 20, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  19. flappersjazz

Unfortunately racism and stupidty are alive and well in blogs. When they,dont know what theyre talking about they pull out racism card. All it does is insight other idiots. Its just a mean form of bullying. You must be proud of yourself for trashing talking about a woman YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!! Grow up get a life and take your meds again.

April 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lola

Bravo Halle! Now that's class. This is such a delicate and private matter and I am glad you and the father of your child have managed to work things out in your own privacy.
    I wish both you and Aubry all the best in your personal life and as it pertains to raising your child!

April 20, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Name*shane

The problem is black people buy into their own stereotypes. That's coming from a black man. Truth hurts.

April 20, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. bigg momma

All you haters need to grow up and get a life everyone on the face of this earth is here for a reason. we all as adults need to show our kids that color is only skin deep

April 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  23. B lo me

Blak = trouble, white= right

April 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. mouse

Say goodbye 2 bitter custody. squeak on

April 20, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. teepee

Can't keep a good man, white or black...must be her hygene....

April 20, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. teepee

Halle B = Pos

April 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  27. keeks

Frost
    A) although in ur words "much too long", why did you read it?
    B) as I stated that is my opinion of the movie! It's just my thoughts man, only my thoughts!

April 20, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Frost

Smokin hot... but crazy!

April 20, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Christopher coleman

Let date sum day u nd missississippi man my no.6623137305

April 20, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. topavidol

Oh, my God! She is my Idol...

April 20, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  31. fat dummy

I read this whole blog and didnt see a mean comment on it. Except for all the ones made by Superhiro that got deleted off. I think she is just bossy and wants to run the cnn blogs.

April 20, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Zenith

Decide for yourself
    If you think that white Americans have forgotton or bypassed the one drop rule, you are living in a fantasy world. As I said, biracialness us touted about only when the individual is exceptional ( in a good way). That same person gets totally black , suddenly, if anything aberrant occurs. It is a fact.

April 20, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mammy

Cut the kid in half and give each of them a part.

April 20, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Zenith

Barb and Decide for yourself. . .
    Look at the hate on this board and then continue to tell me that I am the problem. I stated observations and facrs. Many people of all races have issues with other races. If you are so holier than everyone else and refuse to see reality, I feel bad for you. Like most morons, you take bits and pieces of a full statement and twist it to serve your purpose. Anerica is full of sick, immature and stupid fools like both of you. Have a great day.

April 20, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Marsha

Aren't Halle and Gabriel the same race–HUMAN?

April 20, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. mejazzbo

I would love to take custody of Halle anytime she is ready. My wife would understand if it was Halle Berry. Like that's going to happen! A guy can dream...

April 20, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  37. fat dummy

no way ! this is super duper ! my teacher said i am learning creative writing.

April 20, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jboogy

All haters please be quiet!!! Read a book, get a job, go to school, learn SOMETHING! Go get a 4.0gpa and be a doctor or go see one for your mental inconsistencies. None of us even know this womanso talk bad to each other shes "f'n" rich and you probably live with your mommy. All positive comments, "good job". Dumb racists, and hate dwellers All the racism shows youre ignorant. Go get a hug from your mama's(racists) before you speak your hate. Pantywastes

April 20, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. addison

Racism will live on until The Lord himself comes back. Love one another. Treat people the way you want to be treated...

April 20, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. flappersjazz

People need to get a life. There are more important things to worry about.

April 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. bellatejanita

fugly baby....just saying.

April 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. chico

lmao. Kathy...I loved your joke. Keep them coming.

April 20, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. aj

Its her choice- not ours.

April 20, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Ga Peach

Halle is beutiful and a good actress. Anyone that doesn't know that should see "Monsters Ball" Unfortunately, she played the race card when she won the oscar and said it was for every black person and did not acknowlege her white mother in the audience. Except for that I would not use a racial comment in any post!

April 20, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frost

No need to mention her White momma. Being White, she didn't get harrassed anyway.

April 20, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  45. RF

For those with a negative comment: All I can say all of you are haters... LOL your really funny, to think your opinion of Halley really counts!!!
    No one cares, especially her, what you idiots think... Again for you dumb and ignorant folk with negative comments...

April 20, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Thomas McGowan

I don't care, there are too many real issues going on in the world to concern ourselves with this.

April 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  47. YankeeDoodle

Halle is a beautiful woman, they have a beautiful child BUT she appears to have problems that wreck every relationship she enters. It's long past time for her to look within herself and her choices. After the allegations as to the welfare of the child with the father, there now remains serious credibility issues also.

April 20, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  48. black or white

Nope...je suis canadienne francaise...

April 20, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  49. black or white

Black,white,yellow...no matter the color we are all tiny particulars in this univers, does color really matter??? I did not realise the world was still full of uneducated tiny particuls, how sad!!!!

April 20, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Richard

Can someone help me sneak a peak at Halle Berry in Monster's Ball? Carletta won't let me rent it.

April 20, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  51. ;)

I was at Coachella and I saw that Cee-Lo's microphone was turned off. What really happened is Cee-Lo walked from one side of the stage to the other and dragged his knuckles in doing so. You see, Cee-Lo forgot that he is a Jig-a-boo and, like all other Jig-a-boos, he drags his knuckles while he walks.
    I hope this clears up any confusion among the concert audience.

April 20, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Halle mother should be ashamed

Halle should run back to her first two husbands that treated her so well. Halles mom must be ashamed that she has such a liar for a daughter . I heard Halle has bi polar but this is no reason for all the lies she told about the father of her daughter.

April 20, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Shaune

Leave Halle Berry alone hater svg u lame as hell for your comment

April 20, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. keeks

@... Whoever posted this:"Do you know why black people smell? It’s so blind people can hate them too." You sound like a back water mutant, who's a product of incest! It amazes me how so called "racist" people can be & are ignorant enough to actually comment on or about the "people" they hate so much?! If I were a racist person, there's NO way I'd EVER care enough to comment on, let alone read anything about the race/races I despise. Which leads me to believe your either A) jealous that your not the race you hate so much, B) your in or were in love with someone of another race, whether it be male or female, C) you have no life, your a follower & loser, no one likes you due to the fact your a creepy HORRIBLY LESS ENDOWED, or enormously stretched non-educated ASS! (I.e. If your a man you have a miniature, less than pint size, hideous STD stricken penis! Or your woman parts are so large you could stuff a turkey in there, if the turkey wasn't so afraid of the garbage odor protruding from the region). Either way there aren't many bad things ANYONE can say about the beautiful, talented, Ms. Berry, unless you PERSONALLY know her. Which clearly you don't & that's your reasoning for needing to post such idiotic remarks. As for the comment made by dreamgirl:"And what killed her career was that disgusting trash she got an Oscar for. And Halle Berry degraded every black woman in that movie.".I'm unclear as to why anyone would say such a thing as Halle Berry "degraded every black woman in that movie"? How so? Nudity, in some cases, is part of playing a role. Playing a role is the main job of any actress/actor. That's why it's called acting! I can only assume, which granted one should EVER do, that you only watch Tyler Perry movies, & probably honestly believe "Soul Food" was an amazing. To that I say WOW!, that's really sad! So was it any different when Thandie Newton, another biracial actress, stood pregnant & naked on the porch screaming in Oprah's "Beloved"? & BTW, although you may feel as if she was "degrading" black women with her nudity in Monster's Ball, the only thing that should be considered degrading with regards to this particular movie, is the fact that it was absolutely HORRIBLE!! So for her to still win an Oscar for staring in an extremely bad film, only proves her astonishing work as an actress!! Not to mention, Jada Kiss already brought up that topic in his song "Why" featuring Anthony Hamilton! Nice try though kiddo!

April 20, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOLA

I don't think anyone would read your post – it's way too long. No one want sto read a diatribe.

April 20, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frost

1) agree ...your comment is much too long
      2) most people and reviewers thought Monster's Ball was a pretty good film.

April 20, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • teepee

Actually, to me White people have a rather sickening odor...is it their hair? oil in their skin? smells bad...

April 20, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nicole

You nailed it on the head! But trying to talk sense into people on this site is almost worthless. Halle is the most beautiful woman on this planet and people can stand it.

April 22, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  55. SYLVAN FINKELSTEIN

WHATS A MATTER U COULDN'T PRINT MY COMMENT U MUST BE MR HALE BERRY

April 20, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  56. SYLVAN FINKELSTEIN

DOES ANYONE OTHER THAN HER REALLY GIVE A DAMM..WHO CARES

April 20, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  57. berlin

Well, I really feel sorry for the child. Because the parents are so selfish what they think is about money and fame. Too much BS.

April 20, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Arlinda

If CNN reviews the comments on this site, and yet continue to allow the constant spewing forth of hatred; then I say CNN is a racist organization. This is not free speech never has been and never will be. This is racism at it's unbridled worst. Ignorance on parade. If CNN indeed had respect for all people it would not allow any of it's media and news outlets be utilized in this manner. This conglomerate is aware that persons of every creed and color turn to CNN for that breaking news or that update. But no more. I for one am done with CNN. Think about it. How swiftly are missing children of color reported on. Where are the dark skinned anchors. How swiftly is it reported if a person of color ALLEGEDLY commits an offense. I say God help us all. And especially those who offend in this manner. If they never report our children missing or murdered. If we don't see the dark skinned anchor. Even if they report us as criminals whether we are or not. That doesn't make us any less human than anyone else but quite a bit more humane than others.

April 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  59. red neck

i am a white middle aged conservitive republican. i think halle is smokin hot.you racist pigs should try to remember that its all pink on the inside.

April 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. big AL

@grammy. Where on earth did political affiliation come to play? I'm a WHITE MALE Republican married to a BLACK/MEXICAN woman and I'm very proud of her and defend her and the mistreatment she endures. Give me a break. You are the RACIST with hate and victim mentality. You my dear really needs to soul search just really who you are. BTW. My mother is from France and we were picked on and spit on because my mother was not from the U.S. I'm white and I have dealt with racism. Get Jesus in your heart while you still have time! God bless you!

April 20, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  61. thai

If u guys hate black's so much, why listen to our music, watch our
    movies, wear urban gear, secretly love us, and wanna taste. Cut the Bs.....haters.

April 20, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  62. GetaLife

I wish that cnn and other websites/blogs would require people to post email and addresses to be displayed with their comments. that would cut down on some of the overly negative/racist/disrespectful comments.

April 20, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  63. lovely

Hally stay beautiful and dont worry about anything someone has 2 say.theonly 1 u have 2 respect is urself ur child and always put god first,he knows ur heart and tell everyone else 2 get a life and stay out of urs.

April 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  64. TJ

April 20, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  65. maria

God forgive us bc we dont know what we doing!

April 20, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  66. thai

I think she's awesome. We are all human and tho most of us look at her and expect her to have this perfect image all the time because she's famous and rich, she is still just a woman. The racial crap iz garbage. I believe lightskinned blacks always get treated better in the industry. If she was darkskinned she prolly wouldn't be so famous or at all. The industry feeds on and makes big $$$$$$$$$$$$ off selling the idea that mulatto is marketable, lightskin iz better and that ppl should all be assimilationist. Look at the top blacks in the biz, from Beyonce to Tiger. Rihanna to Nicki Minaj. My point is ppl like Fantasia or Cee Lo Green really will never reach their full success because they are dark. Guess ppl like redbones. Lol. Guess...... I'm a darkbone. Lol. Look at advertisements nowdays. Black and white coupled or biracial w black. Don't see them advertising whites with mexican or natives. Point ....same folks got eryone at eachothers throats laughing cz they racist and getting paid to market their preferences to us. Including Halle. This is bigger than a Grammy winner kids!

April 20, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. ~

Where is my WET..White Entertainment Television?
    Where is my local chapter of the N.A.A.W.P?
    Can I donate to the United White People College Fund?
    Reaction.

April 20, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. TRUTH ALL THE TIME

What happens is this marriage is NONE OF YOUR OR OUR BUSINESS. It is a private matter. Shame on us all for thinking even about this. Why am I ? To stop and catch all of you, observe, laugh my butt of at your lack of real interest in real matters, and ask you all to remember: THIS IS NON OF YOUR OR OUR BUSINESS !!!!!! GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

April 20, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Junior T

Kathy please stop ! You're making a fool of yourself.

April 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

If you only realized how much of an asss you made out of yourself by posting that. You must embarrass yourself on a daily basis. You are a true humanitarian.

Right on Kathy, that was beautiful, and well put.

April 20, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Junior T

Who gives a turd.

April 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Kathy

It does not matter what color the parents are. They need to put the CHILD first. U people need to quit making this a black or white issue. It should not matter a damn! Ok? People will get along better if we quit bring race into every damn thing that goes wrong. We might have different color skins, but we are all the same on the inside. We have the same love, fears, concerns, etc. It doesn't matter, or shouldn't matter
    what color we are. What's wrong with u people?

April 20, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Joseph

Halle Berry is 110% real in every aspect. I remember when she was 19 years old & runner up for miss World ( And yes everything is physically the same as it was nothing fake! ) Most of all spiritually she is beautiful & talented and I respect the outcome of this situation.

She is a queen. not because of her beauty but because of how she settled things here. She could've gotten full custody, Halle Berry is lovely in every way.

Nationality: Human
    Profession: Acting,Modeling & Full time mother
    I am happy that she's in my timeline as I am in her's.. Beautiful

April 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Ruby

Iwish Halle Berry only the Best. Your child is the most important thing in your life. Besides your relationship with God. Do what you know is Best for you and your baby.God Bless You and Keep You.

April 20, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Evel Knievel

I'd bone her.

April 20, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kachina

This is a perfect example why agreements prior to birth should be made in the event of divorce or death. Unless there is abuse or neglect after the birth of a child a legal agreement would prevent massive court cases, too!

April 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  76. a

So what was the agreement -I read this twice and don't see the agreement reached spelled out. Who gets primary custody?

April 20, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Richard

I wish Halle Berry would give me some but Carletta will never allow that.

April 20, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  78. remi

I love halle berry with all my heart as I was in a movie that she was in that was filmed in Montreal. She is so beautiful that I always hope that I can someday meet a women like that. But I am beginning to feel that she may be a problem.

April 20, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  79. s kelrt

ok slap leni too

April 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  80. amazed

I continue to be amazed at how many idiotic, stupid, hate-filled people there are in the world.

April 20, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. s kelrt

the hell with "hollaid" berry with her "cant keep a man of any race, black man hating, hit & run driver ,house slave overated self. Every one should ignore the nut.

April 20, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Leni

(,)(,) we loved uour joke ! LOL !

April 20, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Leni

That comment even made me laff ! :)

April 20, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. PauletteB

Hopefully when Ms. Berry wants to throw away her next toy, she'll be smart enough not to have a child with him! She has been a whinging pig throughout this situation; the only reason she backed down was because she realized she wasn't going to win.

April 20, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  85. ..

A

April 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • RCG

Gabriel Aubry is not pure and without sin and should not be given a pass because he looks good on paper. It's quite possible that he became vindictive, controlling and used some racisl slurs as reported by associates who know him. His true character is unknown and if you are so willing to put him on a pedestal for father of the year you are just showing bias.

April 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  86. MadCityBabe

Actors are such narcissists......they make statements about everything we already know; however, coming from them, it's like they are some how more enlightened than the rest of us.

Nothing ever happens until it happens to them!

April 20, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  87. debl

Damn!! Halle have issues in every relationship. I am beginning to wonder if she really has some mental issues.

April 20, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  88. NIBBLER

aaaaaaah. . . . who cares. . . . .she just isnt that important. . . .

April 20, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  89. bes

Why is everyone complaining? This was a straightup arrangement anyhow, just like Salma Hayek. At least Halle's man was less of a hypocrite and didn't pretend to love her and marry her, like that old man that married Salma. And he only did it because Mexicans are so Catholic that it would have been a shame on the "Queen of the Mexicans".

April 20, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Ramone

Say what you will about her being bi-racial but the fact of the matter is that when she screws up, she'll be black 100%. The media will be sure of that. And what killed her career was that disgusting trash she got an Oscar for. I'm sorry but there is a difference in more than color in race and Halle Berry degraded every black woman in that movie. Say what you will but people are always watching blacks. Just look at Tiger Woods.

April 20, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*shane

You are a moron Ramone. Its not because she's black. Its because she's famous. Anyone famous is watched. No matter color of skin. That is the problem right there. People scream racism when it ain't. Stop buying into your own stereotypes people.

April 20, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  91. halle berry

Thats I dont bake n d sun trying 2 darken my skin...ur jealous

April 20, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  92. itsallgoodnroanoke

You chosed this good looking hunk of a mess so now deal with it. You cont. to pick up the hunks and they are skunks! You lay in bed and they get %^$#. you are not a fool so keep cool. Get a real man and understand that LOOKS are deceiving and stop the damn greiving. Read the next book over and over and make sure you stop, look and know if they donot have a history of a long term relationship. Than your courtship will be short term also, ok Halle!!!!!! They get the atractive women too! and it was you.

April 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  93. halle berry

I am a real woman...my ass is real..i dont hv lip injection n I dont lay n d sun trying 2 look...i highly believe d white trash on this site is quite jealous of me...u cant look like me so u ridicule me...

April 20, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  94. grammy

When you are beautiful, successful and ambitous people get Brutus complex. instead of murder in the senate like Caesear, you try to destroy her with envious destructive words. ALL HATERS MUST BE REPUBLICANS. GIVE IT A REST! I THINK SHE IS WONDERFUL!

April 20, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Michelle

We rarely get her ex's side of the story. Halle strikes me as vindictive. She readily plays the victim and uses her Hollywood P.R. machine to paint all these guys with the same guilty brush. Her comment about her daughter being more black than while was plain bizarre, especially coming from a bi-racial woman. Another one of her tactics to gain public sympathy from Blacks when she needs it. No one's listening to her nonsense!

April 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • teepee

I think you are right...she can't keep a man...something wrong with that...going onto number 4 or 5 now.

April 20, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  96. steph

Wow, the racism. Let me guess...the girl you secretly crushed on in high school dated the black football player? Is your opressive boss black? Racism appears as feeling supeior when underneath it's about being inferior and scared. I'm glad that I was raised in a racially diverse town.

April 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  97. jerry

Those without sin stop throwing stones(comments) you all with your perfact lives PLEASE go look in the mirror

April 20, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Booscalia

Humans come in all shapes, colors, size and apparently IQ's. If you are trolling the internet satisfied by making negative comments about someones color, you are the one with the problem.

April 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Victoria Chamberlain

What's with this "black and white" crap? Bottom line – People are People. Grow up and gain a brain. Please.

April 20, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  100. jboogy

That idiot wouldnt even understand "hooked on phonics". Good job @battergrl! Dont pay those racist internet thugs any mind. (notice they have nothing else to say. They move blog to blog and spread hate/racism.)

April 20, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  101. gabe molnar

I never knew who her baby dady is, and knowing his race not changing the story at all. Why is it important?

April 20, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  102. battergrl

)0- If you can't think of any intelligent to say be quiet, read a book instead. I hear "Hooked on Phonics" is having a sale. Racist.

April 20, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  103. Richard

Halle Berry won't give me none. Carletta won't let me see her movies. She won't let me rent Monster's Ball.

April 20, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  104. jboogy

@ )0- go be hateful w your racist buddies. Hateful pantywastes!

April 20, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  105. Zenith

Although she is genetically biracial, this country has had a longstanding "one drop" rule. One drop of black blood makes you black. Whites decided this years ago and have chosen to enforce it in all cases except for exceptional biracial people. See how sick the racial issues are? LOL

April 20, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • nancy

"chosen to enforce it." What in the world does that mean? Leave the world of 100+ years ago! A person gets to be whatever they choose to be. She is as much white as she is black. She gets to self-identify. She can be Black; she can be White; she can be Bi-Racial; she can be Post-Racial; she can be Other. She chooses Black and so, therefore, she is Black. Move on!

April 20, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Decide for yourself

Dear Zenith, You are right, it was decided long ago. However, since then many 'whites' have discovered (and continue to) they carry the "one drop". And you know what? They found it didn't matter and brought unknown families together. In addition, generations after that decision have decided for themselves that the color of one's skin doesn't matter, what matters is what's on the inside. I hope your comment was a passing observation and not how you look upon people. We have bigger problems to tackle in the world.

April 20, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • teepee

Nancy you make me laugh...how is she going to walk into a room and claim to be white?

April 20, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  106. jboogy

She is a mental case, thats true. Beautiful, not so much. Black, white, it doesnt matter. Shes a "has been". All other relationship issues aside. Both are suited to take care of the kid. Glad they figured it out. (they are laying next to each other now reading mags, blogs wanting publicity)

April 20, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  107. rolyat

She has mental issues and that's why she cannot make a relationship work. Black or white men has nothing to do with it.
    She swears she's black so let her think so. We all know the truth Halle. The fact of the matter is, you messed with a white man and thought you'd win. Gabriel straightened your black/white ass out.

April 20, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • debl

@Rolyat – you are so right. LOL!!!!!!

April 20, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

I agree with the part that she has mental issues, and that's why her relationships have not worked out. If you have seen any interview with her, sadly you can see this girl is not all put together. The minute I heard she was pregnant I knew it was going to be ugly and bad news for the child. The other race issues are just bull.

April 20, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  108. BooHoo

This celebrity drives me nuts! She has extraordinary beauty, fame and $$$ and yet everytime I see her interviewed, she is complaining, whining or bemoaning something. Good for her that the courts apparently gave her what she wanted; it would be terrible for her to be miserable about yet another disappointment. BTW – her daughter is adorable.

April 20, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  109. jboogy

Bless you jeff. Truly hope all goes well.

April 20, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  110. Jeff

I heard she dropped out of the cast of the play "The Mountaintop" because of the newest issues...I think she can balance being a mother with her highly successful acting career.

April 20, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  111. T

Unfortunately she still has custody of her horrible personality

April 20, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • DJ

BLACK, SUCCESSFUL, BEAUTIFUL, MAJOR TALENT. WONDER WHY SO MANY HATE HER. ISN'T THIS FORUM ABOUT CUSTODY?

April 20, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Jeff

As a divorced father and going through the custody issues it's always great when a resolution can be achieved.
    Great for her.

April 20, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Mister, you obviously wear a skirt.

April 20, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

@jeff
      I'm sure you and your man partner will overcome you issues and reach a bro-amicable arrangement. If not, try marrying a woman next time.

April 20, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@Jeff. I hear ya. Sorry the other commenters are 16yr old tools.

April 20, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evelyn

Jeff, you are right. Please ignore the ignorant people who are trying to label you even though they have never met you. If ignorance is bliss, a lot of happy people are commenting.

My best to you.

April 21, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  113. jboogy

@zenith. Right on! Here, here!

April 20, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  114. Zenith

She dated black men and married two. One beat her, one was a serial cheater. the relatuinships didn't work because they were black, they didn't work because at least 2 of these guys had issues that didn't lend themselves to being married. Stop making an issue of race whenever a black ) or half black) person is in the news. The race issue in this country is SICK! Blacks mistrust whites and whites think they are better than everyone. Get real! No one is going anywhere, so people need to start trying to cope with each other in a humanistic way.

April 20, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • DDKillerBlondie

Look at her, she plays the race card ALL the time. I am a HAPPY BLACK WOMAN winning the Oscar, LIAR she is a mixed breed, her Mama is as white as they come! So call it like it is, she is the racist. She is black when it is convient to her. This poor kid has a CRAZY talentless mother, bet her next real move is playboy, she needs the attention

April 20, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • ironic

"Blacks mistrust whitws and whites think they are better than everyone. Get real! No one is going anywhere, so people need to start trying to cope with each other in a humanistic way."

And saying that whites think they're better than everyone isn't racist????

April 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • nigelpowers

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch!

April 27, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Zenith

She dated black men and married two. One beat her, one was a serial cheater. the relatuinships didn't work because they were black, they didn't work because at least 2 of these guys had issues that didn't lend themselves to being married. Stop making an issue of race whenever a black ) or half black) person is in the news. The race issue in thos country is SICK! Blacks mistrust whitws and whites think they are better than everyone. Get real! No one is going anywhere, so people need to start trying to cope with each other in a humanistic way.

April 20, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Winston

It's like this – What color is God? Answer: The color of water. Therefore, since we ALL are made in God's image, our souls (EVERYONE) are the color of water. Our bodies black, white, blue, green whatever – all rot in the ground. Our souls; however, hopefully are reunited with the Creator. The greatest of all sins then is racism.
      SO GET A CLUE PEOPLE!

April 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jasmine

I agree w/ you and Winston

April 20, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barb

"Blacks mistrust whites and whites think they are better than everyone."? Zenith, it's people like you that are screwing this world up! You are ignorant. Color has nothing to do with anything, the person inside is what makes you who you are. Shut your mouth untill you can say something that doesn't make you look stupid.

April 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barb

Zeinth, so "Blacks mistrust whites and whites think they are better than everyone"? (I corrected your spelling in the quote, you're welcome). You are ignorant. It is people like you that are screwing things up. Race has nothing to do with who you as a person, unless YOU make it that way. Please educate yourself before you speak next time. Thank you.

April 20, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valoche

Winston go take your pills...As for the Zenith comment: Hale herself cannot stop with the race thing and she has sooooo expoited the subject that I cannot stand her anymore. I used to think she was pretty and sweet, I think now that she is a disgusting fool...

April 20, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • spikewebbe

YOU'RE bringing up the race card. What does Halle's past marriages have to do with her custody battle??? You have NO idea of what you're talking about about. By the way, white American gave Black peope the race card by past and presend discrimination and from stupid posts like your's.

April 21, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • center of the known universe

what is this "race card"?! it's mentioned frequently.

April 27, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  116. jboogy

She hasnt had a career since she showed her boobs in "swordfish". Grow your hair, you look like a boy.

April 20, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Thetruthurts

Like most small-minded, ignorant, and uneducated people: the only thing they can say is use negative racial comments because that is the only thing they heard or learned. Fear of the unknown will always be your downfall...that is why you are on these blog sites – running your mouths about using hollow words that have no weight in meaning or lack of wisdom and maturity. Get a life. If you are proud of being a racist so be it...but its obvious evil-minded people will never win...thats why you hide in your holes and can't really speak your mind in public. That makes me very very happy...hate on haters! You will never win! GO HALLE!

April 21, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  117. lolarites

I guess that means she got her way.

April 20, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  118. nice : )

peoples sure are quiet today. too quiet. i hope that doent mean the natives are getting ready to attack.

April 20, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  119. nice : )

She is to old to be in a custody battle. Isnt Halley a grown woman ? Her parents should not be fighting over her !

April 20, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  120. jboogy

Halle berry is overrated!

April 20, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  121. Mormon

I wonder if she'll run him over with her car now...

April 20, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Reader

She's overated and not all that....

April 20, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • fakeTatas

The judge also ruled that she can keep possession of her heavily siliconed breasts too

April 20, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • To Reader

If she's so overrated, why are you here wasting your time reading and commenting about her?

April 20, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUTH ALL THE TIME

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!! This is none of my, your, or our business. Really!!???? This is all you all have time for, hatred and insults and negative thoughts? Wow.

April 20, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dillinger

Thank god, I can finally sleep at night now. What s breath of fresh air.

April 20, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

@TruthAllTheTime – Well you know what they say, Misery Loves Company!

April 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • BEN DOVER

Mormon
      Ha I was thinking the same thing when I read this story, not only is she another celeb getting out of a hit and run but she got away with it twice, she needs to put the bottle down before she drives. I will never watch a movie with her in it, or
      Mel Gibson or, or or, or

April 20, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justice000

100%

This woman makes me sick if it was any of us we would be in jail for life ...Shame on Hollywood,

April 20, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • rosie

Not a fan at all of Berry. She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and there are many more women of color who are worth idolizing.

April 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  122. stefanek

Now you see how they like black man....Tina Turner and many other black girls chose white meat...

April 20, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  123. james rose

I agree!! than there would be no need for court, the father would be long gone anyway!!

April 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  124. james

agreed,Than the father would most likely already be gone!!

April 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  125. bigb19

@caddy,
    "Ya, but she wanted a good looking kid". LOL!!! Let's tally the score.
    Ms. Berry has the right to be with whomever wants her. She chose a White man.
    Her child is part of a custody battle. I don't know if the child is "good looking" according to your definition or not.
    So, she is 0 for 2. LOL!!!!!

April 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  126. dreamgirl

If there has ever been an idiot born, it is you svg

April 20, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Leni

Hope the FBI uses the new internet tracing technology to track you, and prosecute you for inciting racial hatred. The days of anonymously posting garbage like yours are over!

April 20, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Sebastian Van Goober

Hey Leni,

PHUCK U.

April 20, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  129. amazed

Another idiot heard from.

April 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  130. amazed

I agree

April 20, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  131. amazed

That svg is an idiot.

April 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  132. LOLA

You must be European (where there are laws against racist language). Racist language in the U.S. is not a criminal offense. And, although I don't agree with the racists on this board, I don't want the government deciding what we can and cannot think and say. There are some limits of course – what you say cannot infringe on another person's civil rights (i.e., harassment), but racist language alone is not criminal.

April 20, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  133. teepee

those are black man cast offs...we don't want them anymore.

April 20, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |