'Dr. Horrible' sequel on the way (eventually)
April 19th, 2011

'Dr. Horrible' sequel on the way (eventually)

The long-discussed sequel to the Emmy-winning Internet musical "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" is at least a little closer to reality. Writer-director Joss Whedon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") told the New York Times, "We’ve done a lot of work on it."

The three-part short - which has a companion book that was just released in stores - starred Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day and Simon Helberg, and originally streamed online in 2008. It immediately became a sensation, especially among Whedon's legion of devoted fans, who often perform it at conventions.

(It also increased the fanbase of all four actors, including "Castle" star Fillion and Day, whose own web series, "The Guild," is currently filming a fifth season.)

"We’ve got several songs near completion and we’ve got a very specific structure," said Whedon. "We’ve just all got jobs. And it’s not like Neil, Nathan and Felicia ain’t busy either."

Indeed, Whedon will be rather busy over the next year, writing and directing "The Avengers," (which includes actors from "Iron Man") and this summer's "Thor" and "Captain America."

Whedon is still interested in working in the strictly-online realm, as well. "I talked at great length and planned at great length the idea of a portal and putting shows together, having an Internet identity and starting my own little micro-studio," he told the paper. "Nobody in town was interested, and then by the time they were, 'Avengers' came around."

In the meantime, that other superhero project, with a considerably bigger budget and the first day of production approaching, demands the jocular Whedon's attention. "I’m going to get started on the script now. Apparently that’s a thing."

1. E-Readers

Beneficial and informationalblog website! I simply adore it. A great amount of substantial and quite interesting ideas. I have definitely saved this site and definitely will return for forthcoming future updates. I do know maintaining a weblog is a good deal of hard work. Thanks again! Laura.

May 8, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. LOL @ Dave

Ah Dave... No real Joss Wheldom fan would ever consider him overrated. Considering how well Thor did at the box office, I think you are really eating those words now.

April 22, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. esteroides anabólicos

hola marquee.blogs.cnn.com y gracias por tu info √ ciertamente he recogido todo lo nuevo a partir de aquí hice una experiencia sin embargo algunos problemas técnicos con este sitio web, ya que experimenté a cargar la página web un montón de veces antes de que podría conseguir a que se cargue adecuadamente me había preguntado si su alojamiento es correcto? No es que me queje, pero los tiempos de carga lentos casos a menudo afectan a su ubicación en google y puede dañar su nivel de calidad si la publicidad y el marketing con Adwords De todos modos estoy agregando este RSS a mi correo electrónico y podía mirar hacia fuera para mucho más de su contenido de interés respectivas Asegúrese de actualizar esto de nuevo pronto

December 10, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. esteroides anabólicos

Podría estar bien que ponga algo sobre esto en mi pequeño blog personal, si he puesto una referencia a marquee.blogs.cnn.com?

December 5, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. winstrol

Es realmente una pieza fresca y útil de información. Estoy satisfecho de que usted compartió útil esta información con nosotros. Por favor, quédate nos informó de esta manera. Gracias por compartirlo en marquee.blogs.cnn.com

December 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. deca durabolin

La esperanza de recibir alguna ayuda de marquee.blogs.cnn.com si se tiene alguna duda.

November 30, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lien tom

I will give him 20 dollars for it.

June 21, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. Albatross

My money's on she-zombie.

June 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Keetslein

@compukidmike, maybe she'll be doing some kind of reprisal role...flash back or dream sequence/ fantasy thing or maybe she's Penny's identical evil twin. It's hard to say with Joss...you know he's going to throw us for a loop so no point in trying to decode it.

June 6, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  10. compukidmike

@Kale
    Yeah, how are they going to make that work? Or will she play some new character?

May 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kale

Anyone else notice the huge plot detail they've just given us?
    Hint: "And it’s not like Neil, Nathan and Felicia ain’t busy either."

May 6, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jonny

Kat, I'm with you. Dr. Horrible is a permanent fixture on my iPod ... I can't wait for a part 2. The hibernating fanboy in me, memories of decades past when I hoarded boxes of comic books in my closet ... that's the guy who can't wait for Whedon's takes on Thor or Avengers (and then some). This comic-to-movie renaissance of the past 10+ years is great for those of us who remember when (not to mention an introduction to people who weren't fans previously).

Sequels and spin-offs ... ASSEMBLE!!!

April 27, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kat

@Dave – To be honest, I totally want a movie about Thor and a remake of the Avengers. I'm not some crazy Whedon super fan, but I just happen to enjoy both of those things and would enjoy someone else's take on them. I loved Dr.Horrible and will sing-a-long every time I see it. I think that Whedon is just not for everyone, but, for those of use who do enjoy a majority of his work, I think he filles a niche in entertainment that we might not see filled without his insanity.

April 25, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dave

Joss Whedon is so over-rated it's just sad. Yes, Buffy and Angel and Firefly were AWESOME, I'm a big fan. Dollhouse, although interesting was DOOMED from the very beginning. It was obvious even before the show came out that only a very small porcentage of the Television audience was even going to get the concept. His attempt at getting a Wonder Woman movie bombed so now he turns to "The Avengers" "Thor" and "Captain America?" Sad.
    Dr. Horrible was the only thing he has done that was any good in more than 5 years. I wish him well for a part 2 but I think he needs to come down to earth, realize that he's not "THE GOD OF TV" and do something with some potential for sucess. Also, his take on classic comic heroes is DOOMED! Who wants a movie of THOR or a remake of the Avengers? Not me!

April 20, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |