Kings of Leon accept 'Glee' creator's apology
April 18th, 2011

Kings of Leon accept 'Glee' creator's apology

Following a heated war of words, Kings of Leon and Ryan Murphy are back in tune now that the band has accepted the "Glee" creator's public apology.

"We don't hold grudges," frontman Caleb Followill tells Rolling Stone.

As Marquee reported in January, Murphy lashed out at the music group for refusing to let his cast sing "Use Somebody" on the show.

Drummer Nathan Followill then suggested that Murphy "let it go. See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a new bra," while Caleb told CNN that Kings of Leon had simply turned down Murphy's request because the band was unfamiliar with "Glee" and "Use Somebody" was being over-promoted at the time.

Murphy has since apologized, admitting that he was quick to judge.

"Who am I to say 'F— you?' That's not what I meant," he said. "I completely understand when artists don't want a show or another artist to interpret their songs. In fact, I respect it. It's their personal work and I'd feel the same way. We get turned down all the time and I don't fight it or even go back after a rejection."

For their part, the guys of Kings of Leon say all is forgiven.

"I'm glad he said something," Caleb tells Rolling Stone. Adds Nathan, "I'll just be glad when I can check my Google alerts and don't have to read anything about us and 'Glee.' That'll be a wonderful feeling."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • Music • television

1. Elwanda Lugg

Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one!

December 1, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. promovare site,promovare,seo,optimizare SEO,motoare de cautare,anunturi online,trafic site,promovare web,promovare firme

Hey very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally?I am glad to search out so many useful info here in the put up, we'd like work out more techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

May 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Deca Durabolin

hey marquee.blogs.cnn.com y gracias a su información Definitivamente he recogido nada nuevo desde aquí. Lo hice por el otro lado la experiencia de varios aspectos técnicos del uso de este sitio web, ya que experimenté para recargar las instancias de los múltiples emplazamientos anterior a que podría conseguir que se cargue correctamente. Yo estaba pensando en si su proveedor de alojamiento web está bien?

December 5, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. deca durabolin

Gracias por la crítica sensata sobre marquee.blogs.cnn.com. Yo y mi vecino se acaba de preparar para hacer una investigación al respecto. Tenemos un robo de un libro de nuestra biblioteca local, pero creo que he aprendido más de esta entrada. Estoy muy contento de ver la información tan grande que se comparte libremente por ahí.

November 30, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Louis Vuitton Sale Uk

You have missed the most important. Louis Vuitton Mens , Nice question Yes, I understand you. In it something is also to me it seems it is excellent thought. I agree with you. Let's be. Completely I share your opinion. It seems to me it is good idea. I agree with you.

May 28, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. everitt

my english is not good so i write in polish elo lubie twoja stronka szkoda ze mam malo czasu i musze w pracy siedziec

May 1, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. ReadingNut

7-year olds will hear songs on Glee? Really, are there actually parents out there that would allow there young children to watch Glee? It's full of very adult themes, I'd never allow my 7 year old to watch it....

April 25, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. Fliliberto

I'm sorry but maybe I am living in a cave, who is King of Lemon? I heard Glee but not King of Lemon. Is it a rap group?

April 24, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. who

Strongly dislike Kings of Leon and 99% of pop music. I'm a hard rock and metal kind of girl.

April 20, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. 40ish

Isn't Glee the "Mickey Mouse Club/Hanna Montana" of 2011??

April 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. 40ish

The creator of Glee should act his age and be an example of how people in the show business industry should conduct themselves and their business...It's no wonder our country has gone to crap!! And who is Lady Gaga??

April 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  12. TXMom

Glee is the worst show ever. It needs to be removed from the air right now. Good for you, Kings of Leon, that you did not give in to this drivel they are claiming is entertainment.

April 19, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. dbt fanbart

No one is going to remember Glee in a year or two anyway. 7 out of 10 of FOX's biggest shows are cartoons and they're committed more to sports than to a racier version of HIgh School Musical.

April 19, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  14. Deanna

Their emo-ness would have fit Glee perfectly.

April 19, 2011 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. Leo

this really is a case about two people who have big egos..the lead singer of the band and the producer of glee. The lead singer thinks who the hell is Glee and why should I pimp out my song to just anyone. Then the producer of Glee thinks any singer totally embraces the show and would die to be on it.
    Now they both realise that pimping that song would be good for both the band and the show....so they made nice.
    I personally don't like Kings of Leon and not a huge glee fan...

April 19, 2011 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  16. Melanie

Kings of who ?? Never heard of this band. Are they any good?

April 18, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. madhater

You might a f@gneck if you like Kings of Leon, Glee, and or CNN for that maTter.

April 18, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. double standard

They let a number of American Idol contestants cover that song, but not Glee? Somewhat of a double standard. Maybe they are just scared the Glee actors can do a better song performing that song then KOL can themselves.

April 18, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Bob

Who is Kings of Leon and what is Glee? Don't people actually have lives anymore?

April 18, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Aaron

The band is not familiar with Glee? They need to fade into obscurity then. Glee has put alot of has been song back into circulation. It provides a massive audience to hear songs. Any musicians that don't take advantage of it are missing out big time on free promotion of their works.

April 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. rogerstein

Are they Hanson?

April 18, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Cameron

I hate Kings of Leon more than Nickelback. That's saying something.

April 18, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Perilous

But apparently the Kings of Leon making derogatory remarks about buying a bra, thereby bashing women by indicating that any man who behaves in an unreasonable fashion is acting like one, is just fine?

Whatevs, KoL. You ain't all that, really. My boobs and I will take our business elsewhere.

April 18, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  24. BLACK KEYS RULE

kings of leon were way better before they became emo. they were southern rock and they were good...now they're lame. glee is great for at least recognizing new music and reinterpreting music. sadly, season one was the best.

April 18, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Anthony B.

Um, Caleb.... quit checking your Google alerts. You guys blow anyhow.

April 18, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. A

I've never seen an episode of 'Glee', but I'm shocked that its creator uses profanity like that. Huh.

And Kings of Leon should get over themselves. Their only claim to fame is 'Use Somebody', which radio stations decided was a radio-friendly song, so they played it over and over again until America got sick of it. Having 'Glee' use their song might have diversified their fan base, and might have given them a bigger boost in the music scene.

I'm not one to bash hipsters, but it definitely could be appropriate here.

April 18, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jen82

One more thing...

""F— you, Kings of Leon,” he said. "They're self-centered a-—s, and they missed the big picture. They missed that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument."

Is this show even appropriate for a 7 year old child? I dont think so!!!

April 18, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jen82

Im with Kings of Leon. I wouldnt want them to take my song and turn it into some Broadway show tune for TV either. Its their song! Why dont the creators of Glee make their own ORIGINAL songs? Whats on Glee this week? Oh! Their singing someone elses song.. Then a bunch of teenage girls are going to go download the Glee version of someone elses song that they didnt write. Sounds fantastic! Im not saying that people shouldnt like it, but really? That is where you get ALL your music from? They take it from other people!

April 18, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Thomas Young Galloway

Uh, like, who really cares what the Queens of Leon think anyway? Their music is trite, conceited, and above all else moribund to the point of making Nirvana sound like Sammy Davis Jr doing "The Candy Man". And the whole bit about "never letting their music be used for purposes other than performances", if that's their view then why aren't they releasing their music free on the internet? Clearly they're just a bunch of hypocrites, and deserve nothing but derision if not plain ridicule.

April 18, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chin Lee 3

Kings of Leon their music seems pretentious without saying much of anything. Plus the whole family band things is a little creepy to me. Glee's 15 minutes is about up but I think they'll outlast KOL.

April 18, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Ituri

Oh please. This isn't the first time someone who said "no" to Glee was verbally attacked by the shows persons and producer, for the sheer audacity that they said "no" to Glee. My deary dear, they said NO? Shock!

Glee needs to remember that they're entertainment, not untouchable and not eternal. Some people don't like Glee, and thats fine too. Some artists like Glee fine, but don't want their songs butchered into a group choir style. Some just have other things on hand, and don't want to bother with it.

Glee should get over itself. Make entertainment, and move on.

April 18, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  32. wayne

Ryan Murphy is obviously an absolute jerk, an only apologetic because he was caught out. Of course he now understands the band's position on this matter – because he realizes (or so many people have told him) what an idiot he is. As for the band; good for them for not jumping at the opportunity to see their brand further watered down by mainstream over utilization. It's about time a few more bands stood up for their integrity! As for Glee... well, I must admit that as a player of many years it's good to hear some great older tunes getting reworked for a new audience. True, the whole affair is rather (rather!) pathetically childish (hey, it's American TV!), but still, some of what appears here (and even on American Idol) isn't too bad. Which is more than I can say about some of the bands who originally recorded the stuff!

April 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Real music

Glee is a great show for promoting pop music, since that is all they ever play. When will they take a step outside the box and play some Pink Floyd on there????

April 18, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  34. anthony

If the band and song didnt completely suck this would be somewhat entertaining.

April 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Ned

This is like a stick fight between two groups of sissy boys.

April 18, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jimboe

KOT is awful and their last album was garbage. Of course, I expect nothing but from a band modeling themselves after U2.

You're horrible musicians.

April 18, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Freebus

If you would be completely honest with yourselves, and look at the events rationally, Ryan Murphy totally over-reacted.

He offered KOL a business deal (and if you think Glee is anything but an attempt to make money on the coattails of pop music, grow up). KOL turned the deal down. (I mean, they're right.. that song was EVERYWHERE). And then this Murphy guy drops F-Bombs on them in public like a jilted lover or something. Completely unprofessional. He admitted he was in the wrong, and appologized for it. End of story.

But, if you want to bring it down to the level of who sucks more.... Glee wins, hands down.
    Yes, its the most popular... Just like WWE Smackdown, Justin Beiber., and re-runs of Urkel.

April 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  38. truthinrock

Why would he want to use any song by KOL? I haven't heard one good one out of them yet.

April 18, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mark

This was just a little peak at the motivation and tone of a lot of these liberal shows. Not quite as laid back and "open minded" as we're led to believe.
    When someone accuses them of propoganda or trying to force their opinions on others many liberals laugh it off and say it's all alarmist paranoia.
    Now you see a glimpse of the reality. This guy sitting around trying to figure out a way to "change the world" to however he envisions it and if you don't get on board then you're an enemy!
    I'm neither liberal or conservative but I can see that both groups have serious nuts leading the way!

April 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tim

kings of leon didn't want it to be used because they don't wanna be remembered for this one stupid song.

April 18, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bill

If murphy doesnt want to say it then I will ... what a bunch of prima donna hacks. Do these clowns actually believe they have artistic musical talent .... seriously??? Hello McFly!! ANYBODY can do what they do .... they got lucky and caught lightning in a bottle ... they are the flavor of the month ..... fans are fickle, they latch onto something and all of a sudden dime a dozen is a pop star..... the mistake almost all of them make is taking themselves waaaaaay too seriously..... the only difference between them and 10,000 garage bands around the country is they got lucky. OVERPROMOTED???!!! Seriously. Dudes ... enjoy your 15 minutes and your royalties and go back to playing weddings at the elks club and open mic nights .......

April 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

"Prima donna hack", huh? It sounds like a perfect description of Ryan Murphy and his ridiculous outburst.
      Just because something is popular doesn't mean it is good. And Glee is not good. Just popular.
      You may think KOL sucks, but I KNOW Glee sucks. Unless you're a 17 year old girl, I suppose.

April 18, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Shaun

Kings of Leon are idiots.. Glee is one of the hottest shows out there. Who knew an indie band could stick their noses so far in the air...

April 18, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

The hottest show... for me to poop on.

Popular does not always equal good. Justin Beiber is popular. Eww.

April 18, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mikey

Good for them. The song has been over played. They know it has and it's just one way to tone it down. Who wants someone to hear their song and say "man I'm about tired of that song, I hear it everywhere I go, geez!" I wouldn't. Let's spread it out a little. Even if you don't agree with the decision, it's not yours, it's theirs. And if you watch Glee for new music, that's like watching MTV for new music. lol (side note, that song/album came out years ago)

April 18, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  44. David in Long Beach

Want a ratings explosion, Ryan Murphy? Do whatever it takes to get the Kings to appear on the show. oooo-eee!

April 18, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Dave

Interesting that the show constantly fighting against bullying and following the crowd is so quick to bully and abuse someone who doesn't go along with their demands and agenda. Glad to see they apologized. For the record I am definitely not promoting the army of morons that make up the anti-Glee Christian Right, just pointing out some hypocrasy when I see it

April 18, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Henry

If it's all just to help little kids like the guy claims. then why doesn't he donate all of the money he makes off the show to some kid's charity? That's what I thought.

April 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. shelly

Glee has got to be one of the stupidest shows on TV. I don't blame them a bit for not wanting to be associated with that piece of crap show.

April 18, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sarahsoda

Glee SUCKS – good for Kings of Leon.

April 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  49. STEF

I LOVE GLEE! It makes me giggle like a school girl every Tuesday night. I am college educated, a published author and have spent nearly a decade working in the banking industry. If you don't like something that's one thing but to sit around and talk crap about people who do is another. How do some of you determine the demographic make up of an entire fan base so easily? That's impressive! Most people like a variety of musical genres. It's called diversity folks. Heck, I think True Blood is one of the best shows every created. The Young & The Restless is still awesome and Criminal Minds is brilliant. Oh and I can watch Man vs Food for hours. Who wants to break down my personality? LOLOLOL.

April 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Here's the breakdown: you talk way too much. Do like a woman is supposed to and be pretty and quiet.

April 18, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

What proportion of CNN comments do you reckon boils down to "sitting around and talking crap about people"?

April 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Really, you're a chick that like True Blood, Young and the Restless, and Glee??? How Diverse! No, there's no way you can possibly be pigeon holed there!

I mean, seriously, Man Vs. Food is the only thing that has any value in that lineup. You might as well add 'Jersey Girl' or 'Sleepless in Seattle' to the list.

April 18, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Hooligan

I can see it on all parts

They have every right to deny use to their song, but they are selfish (and publicity wise stupid) for not allowing glee to show people new types of music in a very mainstream way, which is most likely why they declined. The Creator was voicing his discontent at their choice..

I don't think there is any right or wrong here.. just personal opinions and choices.

April 18, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mom

I picked up an musical instrument because my mom made me. Not from some TV show. Later I picked up the guitar and now I am considered one of the best players in the world.

...in my world : )

April 18, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  52. scab

Kings of Leon need more pigeon poop in their mouths. And Glee is gay like Sigfried & Roy. Feed them all to the tigers.

April 18, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Rachael

I don't think 7-year-olds should be watching Glee, Murphy... too much adult material!

April 18, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  54. thatswhatisaid

Queens of Leon should just....go away....

April 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Just like Glee. Probably will once the teenagers find the next retarded thing to obsess over.

April 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Mac Mama

Love Kings of Leon...and the Foo Fighters...
    Hate Glee...such a waste of a show...
    Ryan Murphy is a spoiled brat who thinks he can throw a tantrum to get his way, then when called on it, tries to back pedal and not appear to be the royal jerk he really is.

April 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  56. DaveTwoOh

This show, and this band both suck.... who cares.

April 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  57. tttttttt

Music venue has had it's day
    Death watch beetle band moved in to play
    Groups don't come down from London way
    Cos we're boarded up Yeah, we're nailed up shut
    Two-by-four-ded up Yeah, we're boarded up XTC

April 18, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  58. peakarach

Never heard of these guy before.

April 18, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. SoulTrain1943

Ryan Murphy drinks milk

April 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Superhiro

The Glee creator's kinda a dbag like that. He did this same thing to the Foo Fighters after they refused to let Glee do one of their songs. It's like he can't understand that certain artists might not want their music on Glee

April 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

I guess the person that sucks is always the last person to realize it.

April 18, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Andrew

What is Glee??

April 18, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  62. jaydee

both suck

April 18, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  63. erich2112x

A true rock band would not have even acknowledged the shows existence..

April 18, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Lepke

Kings of Leon? Just another sad example of the Dumbing Down of American music. Now Led Zeppelin, Three Dog Night, The Doors, THOSE were true artists and mega-stars!

April 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  65. bobby

Glee came off as arrogant and selfish while the band were gracious. Glee club is still not cool.

April 18, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  66. KOL Fan

Kings of Leon unfortunately just had a really popular song that made them seem more and more like a pop band rather than the true artists they are.

For those of you who have actually taken a listen to KOL that doesn't include "Only By The Night", you can see that they're very talented. Granted, their music is simple, but it's gritty and real...not auto-tuned crap about dancing at some club on some guy. I don't understand why people think they're tools for not wanting to be on Glee. Glee does nothing great for music. All it does it promote popular music even more. There is so much more talent that needs to be highlighted in the music business that isn't necessarily on the radio.

April 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  67. ADiff

Well it just wouldn't be 'Glee' without a 'hissy fit' of some kind, right?

April 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  68. John Denais

I am disappointed in Ryan Murphy for apologizing. He said what he said and MEANT what he said. It is amazing what you will do when MONEY talks, right Ryan Murphy?

April 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

What he said was completely inappropriate and unprofessional. If he worked in any other industry, he'd probably be fired.

April 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Todd E.

They should have just used the song anyway and said it was a parody. Fair use would cover their legal liability.

April 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  70. YEAH, OK THERE....

When Kings of Leon's empire is as vast as Led Zepplin's was, then they can pull their platinum, no, Black AMEX's out and tell us like it is. Until then......

April 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

They didn't tell anybody anything. Its that twerp Murphy that made a public fiasco out of a politely turned-down business offer. Get a clue.

April 18, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  71. TRH

Glee = the 21st century version of Cop Rock. A sad testimate to the viewers at large.
    KoL = ugh....just ugh.

It's like watching two dung beetles fight over the biggest turd. Ooooooh which will win?

April 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. teezy

glee is the dumbest show in history... living in a culture of internet morons is tough

April 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  73. erich2112x

Saw Los Lonely Boys with Los Lobos in LA. They rocked the house.

April 18, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Bob

What kind of parent lets their 7-year-old watch Glee?

April 18, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Jimt

Now Glee is "singing" their own original songs. They will sell well because this is a commerical enterprise as pointed out. Not to mention the music industry is doing all it can to make profits so songs by the numbers is the way to go and what a better vehicle for that than a show like Glee. I do agree that Glee is not for anyone 17 or under but the acting is bad and the broadway singing is even worse for any age group.

April 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  76. pierce

I like "Glee" because I can automatically find out who the dweebs and idiots are in this world.The dweebs and idiots love "Glee." It saves me a lot of time.

April 18, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Canada

5 years from now we will still hear Kings of Leon on the radio but watching Glee will be reruns only. KOL are a great band that have a lasting sound. Glee, like most new shows (within the last 5 years) simply don't/won't last.

April 18, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  78. John

Glee is still on the air?

April 18, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr Kanish

Come take me out and stroke me John. Kiss me on the forehead...rub me.

April 18, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Cree

I think both sides are idiots. The producer for lashing out AND the member of KOL for thinking their band is too good to enjoy a little more publicity. I like watching Glee and sometimes I like their remakes and somtimes I don't. I've clued into some great songs because of Glee, especially the newer pop stuff that I shy away from b/c it all sounds the same anymore on the waves. So I think both peeps should kiss each other's butts and make up. Get over yourselves.

April 18, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

The band has every right to turn down a business offer. I don't know why you're hating on them. They never said they were 'too good'.
      But I wouldn't want my songs performed by 30 year olds pretending to be teenagers on a ridiculous show like Glee, either. There's publicity, and there's completely selling out to make another dollar.

April 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Jesus

F— you, Ryan Murphy. You're a self-centered a-—e, and you missed the big picture,

Sincerely,

Jesus C.

April 18, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Brent

After hearing all the hype about this show both positive and negative over the last year, I sat down and tried to watch it for the first time wih an open mind, and the thought that if so meny people like the show, then it must have some redeeming qualities.

Fast forward, after enduring this show for an hour, I'm quite frankly shocked on how bad and unrealistic it was. I happen to like most of the artists whose song are featured on the show, but for the life of me I can't understand why they would allow this waste of an hour show to use their music. This program is unspeakably bad.

April 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. BJ Moritz

Yeah, well. Glee is a waste of time now anyway. The first season was great, I look forward to it and hearing what songs they would choose, but now the show is so stupid, I can't stand watching it.

April 18, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ole Grandad

And I look forward to bending over BJ and rammin his butt until he likes it.

April 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Evel Knievel

They should hold a grudge just bc Murphy promotes a fudge packing lifestyle on his show.

April 18, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Big~Smelly~Tuna

Glee ~ that is the state of america ~ oh ~ and trump for president.

April 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  85. jane

Kings of Leon is just one of the many great musicians we can listen to when we buy their music. They, and any other musician, have every right to refuse that their music be on this stupid show. Kings of Leon has been around far longer than Glee and will probably be around far after Glee is gone! Good news.

April 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

Jane.

You sound like a first class bytch. If I ever meet you Im gonna beat the tar out of ya then shove your face into my sticky thicket. YOU GOT IT!!

April 18, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Lisa. Its time for you to board the school bus and go home to mommy.

April 18, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Cammioh

K of L are too pooohhh to have their music on Glee. They don't want to ride that cash cow, don't let them.

April 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Yes, they can at least have their dignity for not selling out to mindless profit driven drivel like Glee.

April 18, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Steve

Kings of Leon need to fire their PR manager...Remember "Pretty Woman" where she came back to the store....big mistake...big mistake.

April 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • I in ManLove with Steve

Hi Steve, you sound very intelligent. I would like to invite you over to listen to KoL with me sometime. We could disrobe and you put your big weiner in my poo poo hole and drive it in deep and get my butterbean. Let me know honey.

April 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Yeah, maybe a new PR manager can even get then a Duet with Miley Cyrus!
      1diot.

April 18, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Sandy

Sorry, this band will be unknown one hit wonders, and Glee will be in syndication making millions for decades. Anyway, never heard of them before, and doubt I'll hear of them in the future. Not even worth a story.

April 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

KOL has several hits...you should know your facts before you post and make yourself look like a moron.

April 18, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Hah! Thats a GOOD one! Glee will NOT be in syndication for decades. Nobody will remember the pop crap they are singing 20 years later.

April 18, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Jimbo

Any band that want's to have their songs played on a stupid main streem show is just asking to be a lame sell out. Kings of Leon sucks anyways, so maybe they should have sold out and made a few bucks before they disapear into the black hole of crap bands that nobody remembers.

April 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Brian

The lamest group ever calling the lamest show ever lame.

Kinda like Miley Cyrus calling out the "it's friday" girl for not being a real musician.

Yawn.

April 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

And they say that song is going to be on Glee ...again proving your point.

April 18, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

They never called the show lame. They never mentioned anything about the offer in public, until Ryan Murphy F-bombed and whined like a little girl about it. Which was completely unprofessional. Which he admitted, and had to make a public apology for.

The only one they called lame was Ryan Murphy. Which is a vast understatement.

April 18, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  91. k-bird

Kings of Donkey Schlong Gobblin is more like it.

April 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Paulie

The show is crap or isn't crap ...
    The band is crap or isn't crap ...
    Who cares?! You're debating peoples popular opinion when you descend to that level of an argument and it's pointless.
    The fact remains, if you hold the license to a piece of work, then it is your right to either grant or withold permission for someone else to use it. Period. Kings of Leon simply exercised that right as have several others.
    Like any other television show, the producers and other staff for Glee have one simple goal ... sustained/higher ratings to further the number of seasons the show will be on which in turn makes more money for all involved. If you look at some of their themed episodes, it's obvious they try to carefully select an artist or set of songs targeted to pull in a demographic.
    I've seen parts of only one episode and that was primarily due to my enjoying the part-time role the lead actress had on Two and a Half Men as Charlie's shrink. I was curious if the writing team would give her character similar traits and how it came off. I wasn't impressed and it didn't hook me ... no big deal. But, due to other programming I watch, I cannot avoid the commercials for it. And the only one that has made me remotely consider tuning is was the Rocky Horror episode ... I enjoy that cult classic of a movie. But, I don't think that is the same demographic is what they were aiming for with having a Britney Spears themed show (which I had zero interest of tuning in for.)
    So when the producers court other bands like The Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, etc. they are doing so because they think including those artists will draw in a particular group of people. Some artists are happy to lend their music, others opt not to. The only reason this makes news is the spoiled brat antics of the one producer.

April 18, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  93. DArrell

April 18, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Tim

If the Glee creator really said that, then he has issues and shouldn't be representing a show like this. I don't know anything about KOL, but Glee seems like a ridiculous premise and is aimed at gays and young teen girls, from what I gather from the previews. I don't get why either one would want to have anything to do with the other in this scenario, but this Glee show is super popular right now... for whatever reason. I'd be annoyed if I was in a band and had some show like this wanting to cover my music. Some might like that style better, but it's a sign of the end of the road for any respectable band.

April 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jitney

Who cares. Both the band and the show suck.

April 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  96. jack

"They missed that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song..."

Maybe they caught the fact 7-year-old can see lesbian make-out sessions on beds on Glee and didn't want to be associated with the program. Oh, and that glee clubs are lame.

April 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Ben Thare

"F— you, Kings of Leon,” [Ryan] said. "They're self-centered a-—s, and they missed the big picture."

I'll take sociopathic d*uchebags for 1000, Alex! :P

April 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Hey

Kings of leon are garbage anyways

April 18, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |

Just like Glee.

Actually, I take that back. Glee has KOL beat on the Garbage scale by a mile.

April 18, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  99. M@!

Like we really need more deluded kids thinking they can be superstars in an otherwise faltering industry. It's really just an excuse to get people to sit there on their sofa and watch mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows while they stuff junk food down their lard traps. You wanna be a superstar? Get out there and work your azzes off and then just maybe you'll get some where.

April 18, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  100. jd

I'm glad I'm old and grew up without watered-down remakes of music, movies, and TV shows.

And sequel-upon-endless-sequel.

I feel sorry for young people today. A remake of Arthur? Really, people?

April 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • M@!

Like we needed a sequel to Holiday Inn, Tarzan, Robin Hood, Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, Ma & Pa Kettle... sequels have been around since the inception of film. Don't forget all those re-makes of Shakespeare. What was Orson Welles thinking? Those poor kids of the 30s, 40s and 50s. Such a cultural wasteland.

April 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Unallocated

Both the song and the show suck so why are we talking about them? Is this news?

April 18, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  102. DrMabuse

"That's not what I meant"? I think that's EXACTLY what he meant.

April 18, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  103. RPB

Say all you want . . . but Ryan Murphy and the cast of GLEE are laughing all the way to the bank . . . .

April 18, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  104. free meat

They are all a bunch of jerks. The best thing that could happen is their plane crash or their bus hit a concrete embankment at a high rate of speed. Now that would be funny and entertaining!

April 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  105. KOL Glee fan

I like KOL and I like Glee. I'm also old enough to buy whatever the heck I want. I have a 10 year old daughter who also likes both Glee and KOL.

KOL said no, so what, they have every right to. Guy got his panties in a bunch, lame but whatever he must have been pmsing that day. BTW I'm a chick and I fin no offense in the bra comment.

Guy apologized. End of story. Now, let's build a bridge and get over it already.

April 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Finally, someone who likes Glee that has looked objectively at what has happened, and summed it up succinctly.
      Thank you for adding an intelligent comment to this blog, amongst the legions who can't manage to come up with anything more intellectual than "KOL sucks".

April 18, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  106. cadetduke

Meh, both Glee and Kings of Leon suck ass anyway.

April 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Pigeon

As a pigeon, I am embarassed that I wasted good poop on that horrible band, Kings of Leon. I mean pooping on crap seems like a waste. Even though it was funny when I pooped in the one guy's eye, the only thing that would have been better is if they tried to protect themselves with Glee DVDs.

Thanks,
    Pigeon

April 18, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  108. jane

No musician needs to have their music on this stupid show for it to be important and sell. Kings of Leon has been around long before Glee and will be after Glee.

April 18, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  109. T

Glee is the final straw that destroyed modern music. Music is now dead.

April 18, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Savannah

Excuse my raging feminism but WHAT THE CRAP?! Buy a new bra? I get that he's just trying to be witty, but try doing it with out equating all things whiny to estrogen. Thanks. I was a Kings of Leon fan before this statement. I feel that they have some apologizing of their own to do.

April 18, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  111. JMcGuire

The creator of Glee doesn't actually think he's created a show that's appropriate for 7-year-olds, does he? I love Glee, but won't let my 11-year-old watch it. My first grader? No way! The show is way too racy for kids that age.

April 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Jreddog1

First off; a 7 year old SHOULD NOT BE WATCHING Glee. Drinking, drugs, sleeping around – all with very little to no consequences. I mean, come on – the only negative result of their getting hammered at school from a concoction they assembled from their parents liquor cabinet was that they threw up and had a headache. are you kidding me? a 7year old??? The actors are supposed to be in HIGH SCHOOL and Mr. Murphy equates that to "someone close to their age". that is TWICE their age.

Totally inappropriate for a 7eay old and if he cannot see that then i pity him.

April 18, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • JMcGuire

My thoughts exactly!

April 18, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

I'm not a mom and I thought that too. I often stop & think, when I've watched it, hmm are they really trying to send that message?! (esp. the drinking ep). It's best as a show for adults as a parody of high school, not for the kids themselves. At the beginning it was much more about the adult characters. But as for the '7 yr old' remark, RM sounds like he doesn't reflect very carefully before he speaks anyway.

April 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Kings of GooberSmoochin

Our New Name.

April 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  114. TheTooth

Anyone who follows Glee is either (a) a woman or (b) wishes they were a woman.

April 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Lobbyistgrl

If you like Glee, you need a brain transplant. Kings of Leon is a successful band and they made the right decision not to have their songs mutilated by those 25 year old teenagers.

April 18, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Odinate

What was Murphy smoking that made him think Kings of Leon would agree to this in the first place?

April 18, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  117. duh...

in two years when no one wants to know about these so called kings...lmao...they will wish they had made wiser choices, so they will be able to pay rent! guys do your self a favor and check the history of bands like yours....some of the guys end up working at the post office...the beatles you are not!

April 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Denise

I've never watched Glee and Probably never will. My favorite singer Elton John and my favorite band R.E.M. have allowed Glee to let their characters perform their songs. As Elton John said, even if someone covers your song and its terrible it should be considered a compliment that people actually are listening to your music and want to cover it. He's been around for 42 years and is still selling out concerts. Perhaps Kings should take some advice from someone who has been doing this job since they were still in their diapers.

April 18, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Yeah, and maybe next they can have their songs covered by Justin Beiber, or on Kids Bop #72. Its obvious to me that you have never created anything.

Whether you think KOL sucks or not, they had every right to turn the crappy TV show down. They did so politely, and privately. Then this self-important jerk threw a public snit-fit. I don't see how anyone can support him!

April 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Kris

Glee sucks.
    Kings of Leon suck.

Don't like it? Deal with it. Listen to some real music.

April 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Corbijn

This is awesome, it's like watching two village idot's compete for attention. Seriously, Glee butchers songs in the name of promotion and KOL just, sucks. How can you go into the music industry then get upset when a song gets promoted? It's not like KOL has been around long enough to get this kind of an ego anyway. Besides, do the creators of Glee really know what that song is about? If I heard a 7 year old singing it it might just freak me out. Please stop calling both shows "gay". That's not only an out-dated term, its an insult to gay people to compare KOL or Glee with them.

April 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Sam

Glee sucks.

April 18, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Suz

Look... I hate Glee, I really do. But as a former music teacher, I can appreciate that it's getting kids interested in and excited about school music programs. That's awesome.

And as for the Kings of Leon rejecting Glee due to "Use Somebody" being overpromoted... I heartily agree that it is. A year or two ago, I couldn't turn on the radio without hearing that guy's pukey singing.

KOL should have been much clearer in communicating their reasons for their rejection of Glee's offer. And the drummer's reaction was completely uncalled for.

April 18, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Ryan Murphy dropped an F-bomb on a them. They had every right to respond with an F-U right back. The drummers comment, if anything, was far less than Murphy deserved.

What makes you think they owe a overly self-important tv producer a detailed explanation? They just said 'no thanks'. The guy should have just accepted it and moved on with his life.

April 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron

I noticed that you didn't comment on Murphy's reaction. He was in the wrong and should have never used the f-bomb...Really? Is Murphy 18 yrs old? He's been watching too much Charlie Sheen....

April 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  123. kazz

kings of leon are officially a bunch of whining brats

April 18, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

No, that would be Ryan Murphy. He asked KOL, they turned him down, then RM had a public little b1tch-fit.
      The drummer was just trying to be politically correct: what he really meant, is "get your panties out of a wad, Ryan".

April 18, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Cody

Im' sorry to see that he apologized. I can't stand Kings of Leon. They seem to think they're so much bigger and more relevent than they actually are. Unfortunately it's stories like this that keep the one hit wonder group alive.

April 18, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

You could also say Murphy thinks the show is so much bigger and more relevant than it is...

April 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  125. ted

Kings of Leon is a gay band. That is why Glee wanted them on the show so much.

April 18, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  126. rizzo

Two groups of talentless hacks argue over crappy song on crappy show, news at 11!

April 18, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  127. emma

I heard from a reliable source them kings of leon are really transvestiites dressed up in guys clothes. there music is so horrible it makes poor dogs vomitt when they hear it. many believe them to be the absolute worst band of all time. they are so bad they make justin biebet and lady gaga appear tallented.

April 18, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • @emma

As has been said before...I suppose it is easy to get a major record deal and sell out millions of tickets to concerts all over the world.... When are stopping in LA Emma? I cant wait to drop $750.00 on front row seats to your show.....oh thats right... it is just easier to sit behind a computer screen and talk trash about other people who have done SOMETHING with their life.... Get off the cross...we need the wood. Moron.

April 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Greebo

Said the Pop-Tart to the Ho-Ho, I don't wanna play with you.

April 18, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Jason

7 year olds should not be watching Glee. That is absurd. 13 year olds should not be watching glee. That subject matter is inappropriate for something you can pick up with a digital antenna.

April 18, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Mr. X

Ryan Murphy can go copulate himself. Not every artist wants to be on this lame a$$ show.

April 18, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Tevii

It sounds like Ryan Murphy is a P O S. The Foo Fighters were just saying the same thing happened to them. The shows creator hs every right to ask these bands to appear. But they have every right to say no. If they do say no. move on to the next band, dont criticize them for turning it down.
    Bottom line: the show needs them more than they need the show. But burning bridges everywhere will never get them to appear.

April 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Foo Fighters so do not belong on Glee ... say, what about that classic 'Closer' by NIN? Murphy has got way too big for his britches and the show has got irreparably silly, anyway.

April 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Guest123456

I like Glee, but its basically Kids Bop for tv.

April 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Michae l J.

Kings of Leon are a bunch of morons.

April 18, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Glee fans are a bunch of tasteless morons.

Since, according to your comment, any moron can have an album on a major label, I am eagerly awaiting yours.

April 18, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Bubba

This really makes me want to never watch GLEE and glad I never have. You act as if someone insulted your religion. Anything that makes people act this stupid must be really disturbingly weird.

April 18, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Trane

I have heard several tunes from KOL..... not sure what you hear but I hear some pretty decent Pop music. In case you haven't noticed...... there's not much if any of that anymore. We can thank the Yappers, the Skinhead screamers and the oversinging atonal Soul Wannabees for that. We should encourage and disparage those like KOL for their original content and determination to play better than average pop music. No...they aren't Hendrix, Cream or Zeppelin, but then again they weren't Mozart, Miles Davis or Glenn Miller either! Support the guys attempting good work and save your criticism for those you mame and steal from working and composing musicians!

April 18, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Troll Slayer

Hey Troll (FLAME – ON), what does it matter if he is gay or isn't? The music still sounds the same. Maybe you should look in the mirror and deal with your own closeted $exuality before judging others...

April 18, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Filiberto

Well if you already saw yours in the mirror, did you stay in your closet or did you go out?

April 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Mikey

"Their bodies...are port-a-potties".

April 18, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  138. Dirty Joe

Why don't Kings of Leon and Queens of the Stone Age get it on?

They both emit foul sounds from their mouths and instruments, so they may as well be useful in some way.

April 18, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Yipe

So would Prince be the end result of that union?

April 18, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Wow. I guess you'd prefer Beyonce, or maybe Justin Beiber.

Queens of the Stone Age have more talent than the producer, cast, and crew of Glee COMBINED.

April 18, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  139. caroline

Close to their age? Yeah right. Glee actors are 30 year olds playing high school students. Who are they trying to kid? Cory Monteith and Mark Salling of Glee and Caleb Followill of Kings of Leon are all the same age. Glee is nothing but copy of High School Musical.

April 18, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom Foolery

THose Queens of Leon can do a moresome on me anytime. WOuld be fun in the bathroom of their tour bus. All passing me around like yesterdays paper...tearing me a new rumphole!

April 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Bubba

Boy, this really got your knickers in a twist, didn't it? Knock off making all these posts under different names knocking KOL because they had a tiff with your favorite kiddie show. You make GLEE fans seem like a bunch of middle-school simpletons.

April 18, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Bubba .... newsflash .... KOL has nothing that 10,000 garage bands across the county dont have ..... they got lucky .... they play music ... they have no special artistic talent or meaningful message ... they play music ... big deal ..... dime a dozen guys that take themselves waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too seriously and will be yesterday's news real soon .... they are enjoying their 15 minutes and they will be gone....

April 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
      • RoyalPincus

Kings of Leon–four guys who play their own instruments, write their own songs, have been road warriors for years, finally have a hit in the midst of perhaps the worst period for pop music ever. And you say they are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame? Brilliant analysis.

April 19, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  141. haha

"Who am I to say 'F— you?' That's not what I meant," Grow a pair and say that's exactely what you meant at the time.

April 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • haha

they should play Megadeth on glee. then i might watch it. no, no I still wont. flamers

April 18, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  142. Whatever

Who is King of Leon? And better yet...who cares. Glee is just a stage for gay issues and is actually pretty lame. There are 2 hot chicks on it and a few gay dudes that look like fish. My wife watches it and I admit I glance at the TV from my computer when Britney and Santana are on...they are hot, but the show makes my stomach turn when the gay kid (looks like a fish) squawks and that obnoxious brunette chick squeals like Streisand. I am tired of the gay agenda and even though I have no idea who Kings of Leon are...I listened to a few seconds of the song in question and it sucked, but either way I am glad someone stood up to the Gay campaign show and said NO! This Glee epidemic will hopefully fade out soon and they can stop wrecking songs with the Gay Karaoke garbage.

April 18, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • cobra989

thank you sir im glad im not the only one who feels that way.

April 18, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • SureNoProb

@Whatever... Dude, come out of the closet–YOU are gay. The straight guys I know don't bother posting about All Things Gay... Don't hate just cause you're not str8.

April 18, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Mikey

Kings of Overrated

April 18, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  144. jj

F-you, Ryan M, for not letting youtube show your show's clips! (similar vein, here. You and KoL each control the content, and neither wants to see it exploited. So it's OK for you to pull the vids, but not for a band to limit theirs???)
    And oh yeah, I'm sorry for rushing to judge...

April 18, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  145. Owned

These guys cry almost as much as Boehner does. Boohoo

April 18, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Yeah, these TV producers are really little crybabies, aren't they?

April 18, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Fame

So glad that Glee guy apologized for his out burst! He has no right to force any other artist to do something they dont want to. Thanks for remembering were are in the US and freedoms do still exist. Funny I've seen this story for a while but none about Barbara Striensand's dig on the show. I dont watch the show, just thought the creator was acting very immature and unprofessional. So good luck with your has-been celebrities apperaces and you Cop Rock rip off "show"

April 18, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • jonnyD

Cop Rock...that is a serious blast from the past. I never watched a full episode, but i laughed my nuggets off watching the opening credits song .."Let's Be Careful Out There!" If you've never seen this, it is worth a look, and is one of the most hilariously awkward TV moments in history!

April 18, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Buster Bloodvessel

I'm sure they are touched by your concern and care very deeply about your opinion. Also a hint: most of us base our opinions about bands on the actual sound of the music, not the haircuts on the members.

April 18, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  148. keeth in cali

Another reason why I don't watch that crap TV show.

April 18, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  149. Glee my pants

Can't wait for a group/artist to go after Murphy for defamation. This guy has a tantrum any time a band rejects the show, must have a 7 year old complex. As for Kings of Leon, can't believe how much they are ripped on this blog. They are solid, not thier fault the radio plays the same stuff all the time. Plus they had 3 great CDs before ever going maintstream.

April 18, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  150. Jeff

I am 50 years old and enjoy watching glee, but I've never heard any of this band's music Kings of Leon, or whatever? I guess I won't be buying their music now will I? Why wouldn't a band not want their music being sung on the show? Glee elevates the music industry in a way the no other show has in recent memory. What is great about glee is that it's introducing various music to students who don't get other types of genres. Keep up the good work glee, as far as Kings of Leon, now who are they again?

April 18, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • CLB

The only way Glee elevates the music industry is by making the labels more money. They add absolutely nothing to a song's integrity. They take songs and regurgitate them into watered down, fluffy crap. To even insinuate that Glee does anything beneficial for music is beyond ridiculous. If people want to be exposed to other genres of music, why don't they try and do a little research instead of waiting for a television show to offer up it's latest bit of revamped crap on the ol' picture box. As for who KOL is, they are just one of the most popular bands worldwide. It appears as if you have the internet, why don't you try and find some information or maybe listen to a song or two before you continue displaying your complete and total ignorance of anything which isn't hand fed to you on the television.

April 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • Surfer George

While Glee is a commercial enterprise, and is INTENDED to make money by having viewers, selling advertising time and merchandising various aspects of the program, it is also a magnet for people who, for whatever reason, identify with characters on the program (this is true for any show of this type).

If musical interpretations on the show please ANYONE who watches it and/or attracts people to a comparatively harmless form of entertainment, AND, maybe even gets them to join in on something like this, then it is a good thing and adds a great deal to the Music industry.

Disney brought us Brittany Spears, but they also brought us Christina Aguilara. My point is, that you have no ability to see what will come of this, and, therefore, no authority to make such a judgment.

Insulting the program only shows your lack of consideration and compassion of the various types of "Nerds" that are portrayed.
        If the program holds no interest for you (as it holds no interest for me, do like I do), DON'T WATCH IT, but don't insult them.

April 18, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
        • Big~Smelly~Tuna

Disney should stick to cartoons and you should stick with playing with your tiny tim.

April 18, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
        • Freebus

I'm not sure I get your point, because both Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilara suck.

April 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Garbage

First of all, CLB hit the nail on the head. No, he murdered the nail he hit it so hard. Secondly, Glee is GARBAGE. These clowns are riding the coat-tails of American Idol and hit songs (I use "hit songs" loosely because most of the stuff made nowadays is horrible) by regurgitating other people's songs for the mindless zombies who believe those atrocities are better than the original. Lastly, Ryan Murphy can go F–k himself. Who is he to think he can bash others because they don't want their songs on his horrible show?

April 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Yes, I am sure you really are a 50 year old straight man that enjoys Glee.

*BwaHahahahahah*

April 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ituri

Glee is nearly a childrens show, filled with teen drama and oversechxed baby children. Some artists don't want to be associated with it, and thats their choice.

April 18, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Heywood Jablome

Get your face out of the carpet. That's the dumbest thing of read yet in an ocean of stupidity.

April 18, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  152. sharky

Glee could not even come close to matching what the cast of the tv show The Sing Off did regarding this song. That version would blow Glee completely out of the water.

April 18, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  153. Righton

"Best and most unique bassists out there." Compared to who? Les Claypool? Ron Carter? Charles Mingus?

April 18, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  154. Bob

You want mediocrity, watch Glee. Even the head guy is a clown...

"That's not what I meant"

Seemed to be very clear when you said it, try reading it again. What an idiot. Not what I meant. LOL I know, he meant to say how much he loved the music and the band and he was misunderstood. LOL

April 18, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  155. Lisa

Sorry but I think that if someone goes so far as to say 'F-You' to me in public, all bets are off...so whatever KOL followed up with after that was absolutely appropriate.

April 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

True. They should be congratulated on their civility, if anything. Not a single obscenity from the rock band, but an F-bomb from the prime-time tv producer. What a turn-around!

April 18, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Kurt

What would that episode be named? "Kids of Gleeon"?

April 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  157. Fish

Does Glee really think 7 year olds ought to be watching? Until they clean up the non-muscial content, I won't even let my young teen daughter watch it.

April 18, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  158. jimboe

Dear KOL,

You are no longer relevant and your last album blew.

The end.

April 18, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • hh

amen.

April 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

They were relevant for about 5 minutes when that song first came out (and that was how long ago?) and they've since faded away. Lucky for them Glee got them on the Google alerts before people completely forgot about them. Although that song, I Want You, that was a good time.

April 18, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • yethica

Second Amen. They need to remove themselves from their High Hipster Horse, regardless of whether or not Glee is a good show.

April 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snoop

I couldnt give a bucket of poo about either Glee or KOL.

April 18, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • ApprxAm

Doesn't matter if they're relevant. It's their music.

April 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Far more relevant than 'Glee', though. What a bunch of unwatchable garbage that is.

April 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • RagTag

Yeah,
      That's why they sell millions of albums and sell out everywhere they go.

April 18, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Guy@work

You obviously don't listen to KOL. You're talking about one of the best and most unique bassists out there.

Go back to doing nothing.

April 18, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Cree

Try Jojo Garza of Los Lonely Boys. He plays a six-string bass. And he's friggin' AWESOME. =)

April 18, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Buster Bloodvessel

I guess your gaydar isn't working very well.

April 18, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  161. Merin

What difference would it make if he was?

April 18, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  162. Ronny Raygun

Glee has jumped the pig (or the shark or whatever). The first season was excellent. Well written stories and killer songs from amazing and gifted young stars-to-be.

The second season they got greedy and Glee became a song selling machine. They packed each ep with more music while ignoring plot and character development. The stories that remained were simple and yet confusing. Sue was an enemy then Sue was an ally then Sue was an enemy.

I moved on to better fluff, like Justified and Walking Dead and Modern Family and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

April 18, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  163. WillieFDiazSF

Kings of Leon suck... So who cares that Glee didnt get to use their song. Personally, Id be more inclined to watch Glee (which I think is a retarded show that shouldnt be on the air anyway) if they would stop singing stupid songs and got rid of that actress/singer with the high pitched off key voice that cant harmonize worth a damn with any of the other cast members whom Ive heard are brilliant.

Kings of Leon Use Somebody is a song with a dual meaning, and Im sure that a 7 year old doesnt understand either, and it shouldnt be a song that Id want my kid exposed to -

April 18, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  164. RobertPlant

hey, you may think this band sucks but at least they aren't stealing music from other bands and musicians and claiming as their own like we did, right?

April 18, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Zepplyn

Glad to see that someone else will admit that Zeppelin stole entire blues licks from the early Delta Blues players and tried to pass them off as originals. Love the band, but give credit where credit is due.

April 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  165. shawn

wow...I can be critical of artists and the industry as the next guy...but there is very little in common between Green Day and Leon...you show you poor understanding of modern rock music.

April 18, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

He or she just googled up a bunch of band names and went down the line posting as them and making childish whines about how KOL doesn't like GLEE. Probably that seven-year-old you all keep mentioning.

April 18, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  166. never watched glee

mr. murphy: i have never watched your show and am not a fan. just because many millions like your show does not give you the right to act like a total jerk. next time, use your inside voice.

April 18, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  167. Gary S.

Murphy: "They missed that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song"...seriously? A seven year old kid thinks a 30-something adult actor portraying a teen is close to their age? It might as well be a 90 year old, in the eyes of a pre-teen it's the same thing. I especially liked Murphy's lame "We get turned down all the time and I don't fight it or even go back after a rejection" comment. He did it, then denies the fact. He might do better as a politician. Just one more reason Glees and it's creators/writers/producers are out of touch.

April 18, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Vic

Obviously, there was a typo and the article should really read '17-year old kid', it makes better sense. I was just waiting for anyone to finally realizing that, but anyway.
      In no way Glee is what the teenagers should really be admiring music-wise. Copying someone else's work without being able to produce anything at least remotely as good, as the songs they're copying and b'tching about anyone who won't let use their songs for the show is just pathetic.

April 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Your Mama

Actually he's straight is/was dating Ashley Greene from Twilight...

April 18, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  169. ramalama

And you are just a gob of green slime.....oh, well...............

April 18, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  170. Judge Dredd

Glee is against the law.

April 18, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  171. Derek

I've never heard of that band before, but they do sound like a bunch of white trash morons. It's called free publicity you idiots. Now they can toddle back into abscurity.

April 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • RobertPlant

Gawsh Derek, I'm sure Kings of Leon are crushed that YOU had never heard of them before, seeing as how you are the designator of all things hip, cool and popular. Speaking of morons and idiots; its Obscurity http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obscurity?show=0&t=1303139965

April 18, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Yeah, free BAD publicity. Like having your Rock song played on the Disney Channel. The 'kiss of death' to any serious rock artist.

April 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

...speaking of white trash Derek, have you looked in a mirror lately?

April 18, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Rebecca

Now I can finally sleep...

April 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  173. RobertPlant

@Jimmypage- hey, you may think this band sucks but at least they aren't stealing it from other bands and musicians and claiming as their own like we did, right?

April 18, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

You already said that. We ignored it the first time and you should just let it go when it don't take. Kinda like when you were in middle school and thought up a clever statement related to something everyone was talking about 10 minutes ago but when you finally spit it out everyone looked at you like you had a second head coming outyoass.

April 18, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

You know Robert, your voice is more off key than just about any other in history.

I know lots of tone-deaf people will disagree, but you and I both know it's true.

April 18, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Trolololol

What's a Glee? And is Leon so important that he has that many kings?

April 18, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  175. J0nx

Why is Glee apologizing to a king of some country? Tells you all I know about kings of leon. Never heard of them/it.

April 18, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  176. Thoughts!

Good, now appologize to Dave Grohl and Slash.

April 18, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Seriously! Either one has more talent in one finger than Ryan Murphy will ever have in his entire life. In 20 years, who will remember Ryan Murphy? Nobody. Yet more than 20 years later since his initial fame, Slash is still a household name.

April 18, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  177. B lo me

LMAO!! if the band doesnt want glee making a mockery of there song thats their business murphy had no right to curse them he should be glad all said was buy a new bra. @ wooze men tell other men all the time to get their panties out of there a** all the time if u find it offensive ask yourself do u act like that sterio type crazy woman

April 18, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  178. BJ

How about these PR-happy idiots keep their little squabbles to themselves? I don't care if Murphy called them singing goats. It isn't news and it doesn't do a thing except ratchet all their respective twitter followings up a few notches. Yawn!

April 18, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  179. Tom Leykis

I can't stand histrionic, irrational, shrill queens. LOL What a pillowbiting loser murphy is.

April 18, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  180. Lmango

I'm so sick of GLEE!!!! If I had a band I wouldn't want my music played on Glee. It's like awful Karaoke!!!! GLEE BLOWS!

April 18, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  181. Maverick

"buy a new bra"...That's the best you could come up with? That's REALLY disappointing, considering it's coming from a "more righteous than thou" group.

April 18, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob

He obviously needs some kind of support. And a therapist for his irrational hated. Or he could have his mom wash his mouth out with soap.

April 18, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Nemo

"more righteous than thou"? Are you sure you have the right band? They grew up with an uncle who was a preacher, if that's what you mean.

I think their response to this guy was perfectly understandable. He was getting overemotional and obviously didn't expect the band to calmly dismiss his rant.

April 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

'more righteous than thou' in the fact they didn't want their song appropriated by a totally crappy, tween-targeted, mindless, waste of airtime, pop-pablum show? Seriously?
      If I was KOL, or any musician, I would turn them down as well, and call Ryan Murphy a little girl for his whiny little snit fit. (unless maybe I was in some serious debt!!)

April 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Seriously

Seriously!?!?? Glee is for a 7 year old!?!? I find it inappropriate for a 17 year old!!!

April 18, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • onefreeminute

I thought the same thing when I read this article. Who lets their 7 year old watch Glee? Also, for Mr. Murphy to say that it is nice for a 7 year old kid to see someone singing that is close to their age? Really? lol.

April 18, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

And yet here are a bunch of seven-year-old GLEE fans posting to tell us that GLEE is their favorite show and KOL is doo doo because they don't like GLEE, etc etc. so I'd say a LOT of tiny children must watch this.

April 18, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Aaron

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there was a typo leaving off the 1 before the 7. That was my first impression anyway.

April 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

He sounds completely out-of-touch with reality anyway, to be fair!

April 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Wooze

Ryan Murphy was certainly wrong to lash out at the band, and his apology was appropriate.

Now, as a woman, I'm waiting for Nathan Followill to apologize for they misogyny of his response ... "see a therapist ... buy a bra"? Because when someone is behaving in an irrational way, it's always a good idea to suggest they're crazy and/or a woman. Talk about offensive.

April 18, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

Sorry, but even my wife admits that most women are emotionally bent. I argue with her that she is just playing up to a stereotype and then she tells me to shut my fkn mouth and stop arguing with her.
      I think she may be right after all.

April 18, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

It's funny, accurate, and not that offensive a comment – unless you're extremely over-sensitive and looking for offense wherever you can find it. It seems to me that KoL made light of a MUCH more offensive statement that was undeservedly aimed at them and more or less let it slide, without getting irate. Good for them.

April 18, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Wooze

Maybe he has large moobs?

Dont' be so sensitive to everything you read – go see a therapist, get a manicure or something – lord knows you'll need something to do now that All My Life to Live has been canceled...

April 18, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • ApprxAm

Misogyny? I don't think so.

That comment was a response to the "UNMANLY" way Ryan Murphy re-acted to the rejection. This was totally in the context of his experience which is assumed to be hetero-. This wasn't a slight toward women, but toward a man that was behaving in a way that men simply don't approve of. MEN (hetero) DON'T ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER AS IF IT'S A RELATIONSHIP. It is not anti-woman to demand another man to speak to you in a manly fashion!

Just because we don't want to act like females don't mean we don't love them. There is a socially acceptable way men relate to each other.

April 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

It was said because he was clearly acting like a little girl....

April 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Altherbia

I had the same reaction when I read the "bra" comment, Wooze. I also am tired of hearing the female gender used as a pejorative. It is offensive, and you're not over-reacting.

April 18, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

Actually, I think he made all of the female remarks because Ryan is gay, so please, be sure to take offense for all the gay men out there.

April 18, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Dan

What decent artist would want their music on a lame, corny show like that anyways? Talk about the kiss of death!

April 18, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  185. Hillbilly

Cain't be. He down't even have a purdy mowf own 'im!

April 18, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  186. joe800

..this d-bag is a bully. He really thinks everyone with a hit song should be thrilled to have it used by this silly tv show. And of course everyone who says 'no' to reproduction of their music is a bigotted hater....I have an idea for a show, it's where a hit tv show gives me persmission to use it's broadcasts and 'celebrate' them everyweek by charging admission to see it and have a big party...or sell dvd's on ebay...yeah...that's my idea....

April 18, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Davis

Totally agree. Couldn't handle the rejection because he thinks the show is bigger than it is. Sorry, but some artists are not total sell outs.

April 18, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

Joe800 hit the nail on the head. The guy is worthless. Maybe he should try something original. He acts like a spoiled b!tch. He flipped out and called Slash from GnR a washed up tool of a rock star cause he wouldnt let them use sweet child o mine and freaked out cuz Dave Grohl wouldnt let them use times like these by foo fighters. Turns out not everybody is gleetard. You all need to get over it. Go ahead and rip on Kings of Leon. At least they write their own music rather than just butchering the sh!t outta other peoples songs. Point is the show is nothing without other peoples creative work, and so the guy throws a hissy fit whenever they dont wanna be used. You guys are all fuggin tools. Grow up. And remember, Kings of Leon make a lot more money than any of you haters.

April 18, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuzieKJ

I agree 100%.

I just can't believe some folks think their version of "Don't Stop Believin'" is better than Journey's. Hang in there KoL! Your fans love ya!

April 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tina

I agree wholeheartedly – I personally don't watch the show, but I've heard their take on some songs and it's just horrible. I'm glad that some true artists stand their ground and say h ell no to this ridiculous show and their dumba ss producers!

April 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

"Kings of Leon make a lot more money than any of you haters."

Yeah, so does Justin Beiber. Sales do not equal quality music.

April 18, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • ApprxAm

@ Joe

Can't be more on point than that. This "Glee" guy has been living in a self-absorbed bubble filled and surrounded by "yes" men and women; it a house of tea-toddlers. Madonna, Brittney & Gweneth are not the musical universe no matter how loud one has HOT-FM or Radio Disney!

April 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Freebus

Couldn't agree more. It's funny how he called KOL self-centered a$$es, while that actually describes him perfectly.

"How DARE any artist turn down a chance to have their work 'interpreted' on my mindless pop-pablum show? Do you have any IDEA WHO I AM??!!"

April 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

I hate to say it, but it's a typical response from a gay man. They tend to get irate over things that other people let go pretty easy. I made a joke on CNN the other day and some gay guy hunted me down on Facebook and threatened me and just went crazy.

April 18, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  187. pointless1

Wonder what it would be like to get your yearly salary in one night performing at a concert?

April 18, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • jeepster455

Yearly salary–hey I remember that!

April 18, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Fat Bobby Joe

Should be easy enough to find out: write a song that millions of people want to hear, and it just might happen. Then again, you can sit around CNN entertainment blogs and do jack but complain about others being successful.

Now, KOL suck anyway, as do most pop music "artists", but you should have enough info now to get the point.

April 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

@Jeepster: best comment today!

@everyone else: you're letting the bitterness show. Dial it back a little. Is this seriously even worth debating?

April 18, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Horrid

Song is horrible anyway.

April 18, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • JMUMO

I totally agree.

April 18, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • gawd

Kings of who?

April 18, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Oh the humanity....

Oh God- at first I thought Amy's "I will never be interested in new music if I don't hear it on Glee" comment was a funny and sarcastic commentary about how the show's tendency to take all music and make it sound like watered-down pop could potentially lead to an army of Gleeks completely devoid of appreciation for anything new or different....and then I realized it was sincere. That's...that's really special, sweetie. So, which shows tell you what to read and what you are going to be when you grow up?

April 18, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • SoS

This is good news. It's one less place that will be spamming that stupid song.

April 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Kris

Amy, if Glee is your main source of music, you're every bit as bad as the people who just get their music from mainstream radio, and possibly worse. Expand beyond your horizons, especially since Glee is just terrible.

April 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • popculture

Youd have to be a cave dwelling idiot to not know who Kings of Leon are. Not liking them is one thing but saying you dont know who they are isnt doing your IQ any favors. Congratulations you have officially been born yesterday, you should check out Lady Gaga since you probably havent heard of her either.

April 18, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

@Oh the humanity... You're giving Amy too much credit if you think she reads anything other that tweets or facebook status updates.

April 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • asdf

There's nothing wrong with learning about new songs and artists from Glee. And hating pop music doesn't make you an intellectual (particularly judging by the responses here).

April 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • What is Glee.

I read Duke's of Hazard on TV to keep up to date on music, cars, fashion, you know, all the important goals of life. Why is a tank of gas $100? Just kidding, but I've never seen a single episode of Glee and I like King's of Leon. There are so many pompous tardos in music, please don't let this happen to film and TV, then it will go through the same death spiral that has suicided the music industry.

April 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • r u kidding

wow, now your IQ is dependant on ... ... knowing a band? seriously. not using common sense no no... no. but knowing who kings of leon are. might wanna double check your iq pop, b4 you rant on someone else's. i'd be impressed if it goes over 40. but hey, at least YOU know who kings of leon are! and that, well, that makes your mom proud.

April 18, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

as is the show...

April 18, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chas

Well he doesn't need to reed the updates. I don't know the song either and now wont buy or listen to them. I can say however I have bought a few bajillion songs from the glee / and regular artists. Im thinking a show that popular is good publicity. Their loss.

chuck

April 18, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snoop

I only get my news from Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives shows, and I believe that my text messages actually vote for American Idol contestants. I also believe that American Idol and every other reality show isnt complete and utter crap.

Oh, wait.. I forgot.. I have a brain, so I think that that's all garbage. My bad. :)

April 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Glee Sucks

Glee sucks, who joins glee clubs anyhow??? Waste of time...

April 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Loren

Even pigeons don't like Kings of Leon.

April 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • kayaker247

Glee. hahaha...

April 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

I wouldn't want my song being sung on the gayest show on television. And whoever said "I get all my new music on Glee." Holy sh1t dude, you need a life.

April 18, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob Liz

Really Amy? Glee is how you find out about new music? Hate to break it to you but 80 percent of the songs on Glee are within 30 years old. How sheltered and clueless on music are you anyways?

April 18, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • truthinrock

It's one of the worst pieces of garbage out there.

April 18, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

The show is worse. In fact, it's the biggest piece of crap on TV along with American Idol.

April 18, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

"Michael" obviously is a simmering, pathetic closet case who keeps posting swipes at gay people. Last I heard, copyright has nothing to do with being gay...of course unless that's on your mind most of the time as it obviously is with "Michael."

April 18, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Homer

I am proud of the Kings of Leon for standing up to a alleged Gay bully! Here's another guy who like to bully but now he's a hasbeen.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8unfCCdQQ&w=640&h=390]

April 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • zbrantley1

agreed. 2 things: 1) what a dork show anyway 2) who the f does Kings of Leon think they are. Let's see how long they last in the constant cycle of who is popular for 3 weeks

April 19, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  189. lolumad

You can say the same things about Kings of Leon.

April 18, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  190. truewords

Ha.

April 18, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  191. Tom

They got a 3.6 out of 10 on pitchfork for their last album.. glee was trying to do them a favor.. duh

April 18, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Mike-TX

You're an idiot FEE. Most of the music that GLEE singers have re-interpreted and recorded have been even better than the original and they help tell a story that goes along with the show's storyline.. The songs have been inspirational; music is important and GLEE clubs do have every right to showcase their talents without being bullied.

April 18, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Tyler

Yeah, because if there is one end-all-be-all music review publication, it's frickin' Pitchfork. Give me a break.

April 18, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  194. CWIS

most of you who watch glee cant even buy some of these albums because of the parental advisories.

April 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Zachasaurus

Glee is a horrible show. Period. If you believe otherwise then you're probably someone who spends far too much time watching television or attempting to sing unoriginal tunes. Oh, and its remakes of song are as awful as they are offensive. As for Kings of Leon, they stopped making good music after Aha, Shake Heartbreak, however, I have to give them SOME credit for not allowing their crappy song to make its way on Glee. As an "artist" they have every right to tell Glee to get lost.

(While Pitchfork isn't the end all be all in regards to music reviews they sure as **** got it right when they gave the new KOL album low marks. And they throw a pretty good music festival as well. Pavement anyone?)

April 18, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  196. The Great Leon!

Whenever I hear of this stupid band I think of The Great Leon from Star Fox on N64.

April 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Surfer George

I'm not a fan (I've never seen the show), but you're an idiot.
    Different "different" people find different ways to find themselves... Some of them might well identify with the people in the program.
    Band nerd, theater nerd, glee nerd, math nerd, Goth, it really doesn't matter how or where you find yourself. The idea is to find a place to belong.

Insulting or attempting to humiliate people by showing your ignorance isn't really a good place to be. Where do you belong?

April 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  198. steeve-o

Pavement rocks.

April 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  199. JB!

I might just care but Kings of Leon basically just suck

April 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Doug

Nobody cares about Pitchfork, Tom. I don't like Kings of Leon but Pitchfork would never give a good score to a popular rock 'n' roll band unless it was popular 50 years ago.

April 18, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  201. Jeremy

Good On King's of Leon! You have a new fan right here. Nice to see in a world of ghost writers, manufacturered music, cross promotions and sellouts that these guys stuck to their guns and didn't let that terrible show butcher and mutilate their fine rock songs. Glee is a terrible show that does nothing for music but promote the most derivative, souless pop garbage immaginable I despise the almost as much as I despise the state of music in North America.

April 18, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  202. Floyd

@Surfer George – Seems to me you are the one bullying by calling someone an idiot. Also this dude from Glee is a bully for yelling, insulting and swearing at Kings of Leon trying to get them to change their mind. He is neither a good person, nor the type of show I want my 7 year old watching….nor my 13 year old, or myself. Gimme a break, doing it for 7 year olds and acting like that. Let the artists be artists without the bullying to be sell outs…..even if the art is questionable.

April 18, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  203. Sweet T

I would like for them all to be Kings of My Butthole and rip it up.

April 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  204. Cajun55

I think the guys are way cute and should change their name to Kings of FudgePackin!

April 18, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |