We have all been inundated with pictures like this one from the upcoming “Water for Elephants” for weeks, and the wait is finally over.
On April 22, the movie based on Sara Gruen's novel of the same name and starring Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon will be coming to theaters. It's about a veterinary student, Jacob Jankowski (Pattinson) who is about to complete his final exams when he is suddenly thrown into taking care of animals at a circus. During his time there, he falls in love with Marlena, played by Witherspoon, an equestrian star who is married to an abusive animal trainer.
Here are some other things happening this week that you don’t want to miss:
- It is guest voices galore on “Family Guy” and “The Cleveland Show” this week! In the latest episode of “Family Guy,” we meet Lois’ sister, voiced by Julie Haggerty, who decides to marry Mayor West. Other guest voices are Robert Loggia, as himself, and “Family Ties” stars Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross. Titled “Brothers & Sisters,” this episode will air at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.
- Corey Holocomb will voice Donna’s ex on the latest episode of “The Cleveland Show.” Snoop Dogg, Tony Hawk, Rebecca Romijn and Billy Dee Williams also guest star. Titled "Back to Cool," this episode will air right after "Family Guy" at 9:30 p.m. ET on Fox.
- Who else is excited that Thirteen, played by Olivia Wilde, is back on “House” and out of prison? We saw her return on the exciting episode, “The Dig." Catch the next one, “Last Temptation,” at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
- “Conan” is also all-new on Monday with guest star Emma Roberts, whose latest film “Scream 4” is out in theaters now. Catch her and Scala and Kolacny Brothers perform at 11 p.m. on TBS.
- April 19 is the day of some interesting releases. The 2011 Oscar’s Best Picture winner, “The King’s Speech,” will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray. You can also digitally order the movie through Amazon so that you can watch it directly on your PC or Mac. Some of the features on the Blu-Ray include audio commentary and deleted scenes.
- Two books of note that will also be released on this day are “The Sixth Man” by David Baldacci and “Ice: A Memoir of Gangster Life and Redemption-from South Central to Hollywood” by Ice-T.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will be on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” to promote “Fast Five,” the latest in the “Fast and Furious” franchise. Also, singer Sammy Hagar will be talking about his autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock." See this and more at 12 a.m. ET on ABC.
- Additionally, watch out for a new episode of "American Idol" when the 7 finalists compete at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
- The time for Michael Scott to leave Dundler Mifflin Inc. is coming awfully close. This next episode of “The Office” is Steve Carell's second-to-last appearance as the incompetent but lovable boss. Catch “Michael’s Last Dundies” at 9 p.m. ET on NBC.
- In case you are not in the mood for the mellow “Water for Elephants,” there's also “Madea’s Big Happy Family.” This 11th Tyler Perry movie is about Madea trying to bring the family together when she finds out that her niece, Shirley, has a serious health issue. And knowing Madea, we can expect her to pull it off in her own unique way.