Kimora Lee Simmons: I'm not anorexic
April 15th, 2011

Kimora Lee Simmons: I'm not anorexic

Kimora Lee Simmons has indeed lost 25 pounds within the past year, but she’d like you to know that she did it in a healthy way.

Although reports spread quoting the 35-year-old saying that she lost the weight by not eating and subsisting on items like smoothies and protein bars, Simmons says in a blog post on her site that that’s not the whole story.

Those reports "led people to believe that I shed 25 lbs by not eating, which is completely ridiculous” Simmons writes. “I am a mother of three young children, two of whom are girls and I’m trying to raise them with a healthy body image. It’s taken me almost a year to lose close to 25 lbs and I did it through healthy diet and exercise.”

After all, she goes on, it's not like she's "one of those 'superstar moms'" who swiftly dropped her baby weight. Simmons' son with Djimon Hounsou, Kenzo, was born in 2009. She's also mom to daughters Aoki Lee and Ming Lee, whom she had with her ex, Russell Simmons.

"I’m upset about the innuendo because I just can’t win," Simmons writes. "In the past year there have been numerous rumors about my weight — first I was attacked for being a size 10, now I’m anorexic?"

The former model says that while she may be "a bit smaller," she's "still curvy and 100% healthy and proud of my body and the time it has taken me to undergo this personal journey for myself."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. that's me and boo heading too the movies soon

===

June 7, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Merlin Stemmler

Anorexia nervosa can be difficult to overcome. But with treatment, you can gain a better sense of who you are, return to healthier eating habits and reverse some of anorexia's serious complications. ....:'

Pay a visit to our blog page as well
    <http://www.homelifestylejournal.com/index.php/

June 7, 2013 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marcosu Palint

I conceive this site has some very good information for everyone :D. "Morality, like art, means a drawing a line someplace." by Oscar Wilde.

July 11, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Vip

"...raise my kids in a healthy way..."

ARE.YOU.SERIOUS?!

August 22, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tenis nike

I great article eu gosto muito dela.

August 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Samuel santos

Eu nao achei muita graça nesta noticia.

August 22, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LaToya

i am only 23, but who is this half breed half bread cow anyways. Must be the black dudes ho.

May 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. A

Why is it that when we need to, we commoners are applauded for losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time, but when a celebrity loses a lot of weight over a period of time, he or she is criticized for it? I think we need to look at ourselves before we start to judge people we don't know, and will most likely never meet in our lifetimes.

May 12, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. lucy

25lb loss, really? I think more like 50+ pounds!! She was definitely more on the "heavy" side, and she was no way a size 10, more like a 14..BEfore she was pregnant w/#3.

May 12, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. malsings

Kimmie and Janet- U guys are just haters and will never have the money and happiness Kimora has so be prepared to go to your low paying jobs!!!

May 10, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. malsings07

Brian – they have a beautiful son together. the_dude are you stupid or what? MsLearning what do you look like? smudgy and pasty?

May 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. odd names

Kimora...sounds like a coffee creamer.

April 29, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cherie

Oh, is there a woman in that picture too? I'm sorry, I was distracted by the deliciousness that is Djimon Hounsou. :)

April 25, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. Brian

Can't wait to see the ugly monstrosities these two produce.

April 21, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the_dude

I guess asians don't hate blacks when they make them rich.

April 21, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. You are cool

You must feel really superior calling out people about grammar on the internet... that's like going to a mentally challenged group home and complaining that they don't know astrophysics

April 19, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Andrea

You go Kimora! It's not easy to lose weight at all! I had gastric bypass surgery 4 1/2 years ago, and lost 170 lbs. It is still a daily battle not to give in to temptation and eat the wrong foods. So I take my hat off to you girl.

April 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Judy Smythman

Totally agree with Terre, but not only spelling and grammar, but a total lack of any shred of intelligence. This entire thread is pointless, shallow and stupid. You people need to get a life and do something that matters in this world.

What a bunch of losers you are.

April 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Terre

Does AN YONE know how to spell or use proper grammar on these comment boards? Those of you who can't do so sound like a bunch of uneducated idiots!
    Your ignorance is showing in your English abilities as well as your comments!

April 18, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  20. mejazzbo

Why listen to them?

April 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. MsLearning

Eww. Her husband looks so dark and greasy.

April 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  22. B lo me

@ the fairy using my name tell the truth u & yo daddy wore short dresses dancing around b4 he stuffed yo poop hole

April 18, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. B lo me

I love to be the center of attention when I go out with my girlfriends. It's fun to be a girl! I especially love all the frilly underthings! If they only knew that I'm really a sick little cross-dresser!

April 18, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  24. B lo me

Everybody knows pretty girls dont hang together they have to be the best looking in every group

April 17, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. lana

KLee Simmons is a mother with (3) active children, she makes sure they eat the right foods, and she is active right along side them. This is how KLee Simmons looks so good after having baby Kenzo. I love her girls, but Kenzo he is toooo cuuuute <3.

April 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. B lo me

@ 2 cents its sour cream but y r u walking bowlegged did your privite butt inspector bring his crew again and stuff u with the the big steak again

April 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Madame rue

"Rolls on her neck"? I got news for you, honey. These "rolls" are wrinkles, and unless you know something that no one else throughout history has known, which is how to prevent this without seeing a surgeon, your day will come, too. Then it will be your turn to defend yourself against someone who thinks she will be forever under 30. Good luck with that!

April 17, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  28. Peace

She thinks size 10 is fat ? @ my2cents, maybe it's below me. Just a thought.

April 17, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  29. my2cents

B lo me: or is it Blow me? u r a hater. stop it or i'm gonna cry! oh boo hoo! u hurt my feelings!

April 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  30. B lo me

B lo me. is that mayonnaise on your chin or did you have the boys over for "hot dogs" u r so g@y u make a 3 dollar bill look str8

April 16, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ...

She's trying to seize our vital regions again! \(OoO)/

April 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. B lo me

I was thinking were would she be if she hadnt married into def jam b/c she wasnt a famous model maybe she was a shoe model oh well she hit the jack pot now on to the next man with some earning power not to much she doesnt want to back to the background @ sunshine girl i'm ok how have u been

April 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sunless

see this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

April 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Janet

We only heard about her be of who she married. She is ugly and does not look like a model. She is an insult to models

April 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Kimmie

She has no class. She is raising her children to be abnoxious just like her

April 16, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Fabulous Forty Faye

Kimora Lee Simmons have grown up! I believe Russell & her has a well-balanced relationship compare to MOST public divorce couples with young children. She was his protegee as well as his wife. KLS knew that there will be a day when a younger beautiful lady would come along. Therefore, she learned the business and got her own! Don't HATE, CONGRATULATE!

April 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  37. UR MOM

@SUPERHIRO && MY2CENTS... you guys are probably married && live in that same trailor! BASURA!

April 16, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  38. B lo me

@cnn sucks your post get deleted b/c u suck not funny lame rants of a scary mama's boy

April 16, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  39. lightbulb

cnn is good. they are nice to let us post here. people do put some mighty odd things on this site. i think they are just trying to jole and be funny though. i like the jokes about poop best. they arent to mean spirited as some of the others.

April 16, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  40. B lo me

@ i'm cool & kimora still looks good but she still needs to go away

April 16, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  41. CNN SUCKS

CNN YOU SUCK. QUIT DELETING MY POSTS!

April 16, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  42. lightbulb

hi our good friends. i am sorry again. lightbulb

April 16, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  43. My2Cents

I am sorry. Yf you had it afore me of couse i will stop using it. Plus i am sorry for the confusion. I stay that way sometimes. oh well. I will start using the name : lightbulb. lightbulb sounds like one hopefully noone may be using much. Happy Saturday.

April 16, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  44. joygraves

Oh yeah major brands always give out samples on their products, search online for "123 Get Samples" I just got mine. CC not required.

April 16, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. Sunshine Girl *

Kimora Simmons: Ex wife of music producer Russell Simmons. Model. Creator of the Babt Phat/Phat ect. clothing lines. Shes also done other things as well. But she is by no means fat. She should put that 25 lbs back on. She looked much better with it. @B lo me...Are you better since your trip to the ER? I hope so. Ive been writing a million posts but for some reason their not putting them up. I dont know why. Not ignoring you or being rude. Sorry I didnt answer but thats why. I hope your ok. Smile.

April 16, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

She certainly got fluffy for a while during her reality show. The baby fat did not help either. She is no longer a model so she can afford a few extra pounds on her big frame except that it evidently annoyed her and I don't blame her. She looks better thin in my opinion.

April 16, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  46. Peep

It is sad how some people in the media like to jump on woman about their weight. I bet most of the time it is other woman. I lost over 80lbs in the last year from both working out and eating a balanced diet (I actually ate more to get my metabolism) and had mothers in my mom's group saying things to me to try to put me down about it. Either saying I had to be using chemical help (I didn't) or trying to belittle my accomplishment by saying things along the lines that I was still big. Or that I had to be neglecting my children to find the time to workout (I went to the gym after my husband got home). I have another 20 to 30lbs to go but I already feel amazing and will not let others try to break me down.

April 16, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Impishbrat

Good for you girl. Haters always hate, especially when you were their 'low water mark'. Now you make them look sloppy and lazy. Taking care of yourself you are looking and feeling good, which is all that matters. Keep it up.

April 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoDoubt

Good for you! I admire anyone who does it the honest way (without surgery and pills). And its true, women love to hate on each other. I noticed when I was skinnier I had less friends, but now that I'm overweight, I have no issues. Its sad. If you are pretty and of normal weight, its difficult to keep female friends.

April 17, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • amy

I hear you! It took me 14 months to drop 60 pounds and now people actually ask me "are you on meth?" i sweat off every last pound at the gym, idiots!!

April 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. MY2Cents

GD! Some idiot stole my name! Arghhhhh, guess I have to change it AGAIN! Can't you think of your own name? How about "stealin' trailer trash"?

April 16, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  48. Kimoraisgross

I always thought she was kind of odd looking and now it's even more apparent. What's with the rolls on her neck?

She definitely has no manners, she's rude and her behavior is incredibly low class. What was Russell thinking by marrying that?

April 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Truth

Russell Simmons was a street rat. Marrying Kimora was a step up for him. Now he is damn bear 60 and chasing after teen and twenty something airhead models. He could not deal with Kimora because she was a grown woman with an opinion. Russell Simmons...puleeeese!

April 16, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • The Truth

Russell Simmons was a street rat. Marrying Kimora was a step up for him. Now he is damn near 60 and chasing after teen and twenty something airhead models. He could not deal with Kimora because she was a grown woman with an opinion. Russell Simmons...puleeeese!

April 16, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  49. Lennie Ross

News flash Kimora: Not eating does is not the absolute definition of Anorexic. Anorexia is about having a warped sense of your body image and thinking you are fat when you are not. Anyone obsessed with their weight should consult and eating disorder therapist. I can recommend a great one in Beverly Hills if you need one. I know what I'm talking about. My sister almost died of Anorexia. I wish the media would stop promoting and encouraging unhealthy body image to young women.

April 15, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  50. My2Cents

I meant the mean person is dumb. Not Superhiro or the pretty vixen. They are way cool !

April 15, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  51. My2Cents

I dont live under a rock ! I have a nice doublewide trailer ! Plus you are dumb.

April 15, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Superhiro

...I live under a rock because I haven't heard of this person? Really? Is she really that famous?

April 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

She first became famous because she was a model married to Russell Simmons ( mogul hi-hop entertainer). They divorced and she ended up with a reality show ( awful I thought) and a clothing line for kids as well as other fluff tasteless stuff accessories for women. Without her past with Simmons and his money, she would be unknown. She has no talent at all but she is exotic to look at.

April 16, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  53. UR MOM

@SUPERHIRO: you obviously care so much to take the time to read these artices and comment on how YOU don't know who these people are. OBVIOUSLY they're famous for something.. stop living under a rock!

April 15, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frantic_A

@ UR MOM –
      A lot of people take the time to comment on meaningless articles and things they don't know about. That's how they learn about things. You don't know who Superhiro is but you're taking the time (and dcaring enough) to insult them by writing on their comment....

To each his own...

April 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Superhiro

:D

April 15, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Beautiful Vixen

Lol

April 15, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Superhiro

Scratch that. Former model :P That's what happens when you read these at work

April 15, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Superhiro

Again, this story does not tell you who this person is. Is it really that difficult to write "Kimora Lee Simmons, of ____ fame...." so that us uniformed readers would have some idea of who she is?

April 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ALP

April 17, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Um . . No. Google her name if you want to know who she is.

April 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frantic_A

I wonder what happened to thoroughness in the media. Too bad that some people are LOST without Google.

April 19, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • demwanna

If you don't know who she is, why do you care whether or not she's anorexic? Also, that is why Google was invented. In the time it took you to write your question, you could have already figured out who she is.

May 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  58. B. Utt Weasel

Your time is up Kimora! Go Away!

April 15, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frantic_A

Kind of wish too but unfortunately her financial empire won't be dwindling anytime soon.

April 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  59. B lo me

Who cares how she lost the weight good now she can hopefully go away

April 15, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunny

You go Kimora. I have appreciated your message of personal fabulosity for years. Do what you do because you know someone somewhwere is going to have something to say. There are those that live life & those that watch orhers live their life – 

April 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |