'Glee' to cover Rebecca Black's 'Friday'
April 15th, 2011

'Glee' to cover Rebecca Black's 'Friday'

Surprise singing sensation Rebecca Black may have her share of critics, but don't count the cast of "Glee" among them. In fact, the students of McKinley High will be performing her viral song "Friday" on an upcoming episode of the Fox series.

Though Black's video features the teen heading out for a night on the town with her female pals, it won't be the "Glee" girls who'll be singing her song, reports Vulture. Instead, Artie (Kevin McHale), Sam (Chord Overstreet), and Puck (Mark Salling) will take on the tune about weekend partying and fun.

As Marquee previously reported, "Friday" is part of a $2,000 package Black's mother paid to Ark Music Factory, an L.A.-based production company for aspiring teen singers. The video, released on YouTube, has gone on to rack up more than 100 million hits — and just as many criticisms.

"Those hurtful comments really shocked me. At times, it feels like I'm being cyberbullied," says Black. "When I first saw all the nasty comments, I did cry ... I don't think I'm the worst singer, but I don't think I'm the best."

And with her song making it onto "Glee," it looks like the drama will end on a high note.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • Music • television

1. michael

I actually think this one does it serious justice... I don't know, prove me wrong. ;-)
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mxd-YRJyL0&w=640&h=390]

April 25, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Billyboss

This is just crap, it's T.V playing all of you because they know we're all interested in Rebecca Black's song right now because it's seriously that bad, so they know they can get our attention with that (i wonder how bad it will be? "maybe i'll watch it"), but really they're covering this song at the expense of their show by performing a song that lacks brilliance and popularizing this nonsense as anything aside from a joke. (i can appreciate colbert/fallon's "friday" because they did it out of comedy) this song should NEVER be advertised as anything remotely close to a real song worth covering.

April 19, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Badonkadonk!

( . )( . )
    THIS ARTICLE NEEDS T I T T I E S!!!!!!

April 19, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. leo

Wow! I am also a flamin butt pirate! I would love to hook up so we can pump each other in da pooper! Dat would be da bomb! Let's get down and take care of biz!! We just need to play hide da sausage and stuff dat baby up da cornholio!!

April 18, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. GLEETARD

I am one of the pedo-tards that also love to pack fudge! I am a pillow biter and a fairy. Just looking for a large jig-a-boo schlong to jam into my poop chute! Let's get bizzy and partee down with monster schlongs!!

April 18, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. George

Wow, I'm surprised at all the hostility towards Rebecca Black. Remember, this is just a 13 year old kid. Most of us are much older, so I'm not surprised that we don't care for her song, but who knows, maybe other 13 year olds love it.

Personally, regardless of whether or not the song is any good, I admire the ambition and resourcefulness of this kid and her handlers. For next to nothing, they got 100+ million hits on youtube, interviews on talk shows, made it onto the Billboard Hot 100, and made it onto some Singles charts. And so maybe her voice is not so great, but who knows, she's only 13, so presumably she can now afford top-notch voice coaches, etc., and so could have a lot of potential.

I think some of you may be envious that some kid probably is making a lot more money than you (or I) make.

April 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Darell

Haha, this song is awful

April 18, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. trixen

Wow... I actually kind of sort of feel bad for her... it's not her fault she sucks. poor kid. lol

April 18, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  9. leo

wow has Glee sunk this low...friday...really? or are they just really focusing the show at their core demographic...moms and 10-13 yr old girls,,
    Well at least Rachel isn't gonna be singing the song...I really can't stand that character. The actress is even worse..she may have won a tony award and come from broadway yet she can't act to save her life..She is overly loud and oversings alot of the songs....She ends up drowning out all the other "kids" on the show.

April 18, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. leo

"Glee" has jumped the shark..basically it has become the watercooler show for the tween generation. It is no longer about the kids but rather what pop star they can pay tribute to.. I mean one week it was a madonna theme..then a lady gaga???
    Then they tweeked the show in an adam lambert way..over the top! Glee is no longer about a bunch of kids coming together to sing. It's primary focus now is to see how flamboyant they can make the characters and how many gay themes they can interject into the script. I'm not against gays or having gay characters but it seems like it is now the total focus of the show. Kurt is the only gay character on the show yet gay issues get alot of air time

April 18, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. Irritated.

Honestly, Rebecca Black needs to understand that if you're going to put a video of yourself on the internet, you're going to get criticized. Do I like the song? No. Have I made fun of it, and by extension, her? Abso-freakin-lutely. Why? Because she gave me the opportunity by posting it for all of the world to see. If she can't hack the comments, she shouldn't have posted it in the first place.

We have the right to our opinion, regardless of what it is about. If she didn't want to hear it, well, she shouldn't have wasted $2000 to sing a horrible song and make an even more horrible video, then took the time to post it on youtube. But she's full of it when she calls it cyber-bullying, because this she brought on herself.

April 18, 2011 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Disappointed

It's definitely irritating that she is supposedly surprised about the negative feedback. Enough crocodile tears, Rebecca Black. People need to stop acting like she's some innocent teen who posted a video and didn't realize the reprecussions. They bought the song for 2 grand, produced it, and publicized it! She was obviously looking for fame. With fame comes criticism; that's the deal.

Either way, I am really disappointed that they've decided to put it on Glee. The integrity of the show seems to disappear more and more each day. This is a song with such poor quality of lyrics that I feel like my IQ went down a few points just for listening to it. Thank goodness for the mute button...

April 19, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. nug21

It's sunday sunday sunday now, and 3 days from now will be Thur.... wait no.. Wednesday.... anyhow, Glee just lost a viewer.
    /see ya

April 18, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. Rabi Tagore

Is there anything gaier than glee? besides richard simmons and dougie houser?

April 18, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. maria

You know what would make me happy? Take Glee off the air. It's mindless drivel.

April 17, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Danko Ramone

April 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dee

I refused to watch Glee from the beginning because I knew it was loaded with liberal agenda. I've sung on many professional projects in the music industry and would probably enjoy the musical aspect of the show. Sounds like it's going downhill and I hope it goes away soon. Can't we have some REAL entertainment for once that doesn't preach obnoxious PC values?

April 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE_HCi4MZhs- THE NEXT JUSTIN BIEBER

April 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Rick

please please please... I would give anything if Sue Sylvester punched everyone in the face during the song.

April 17, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. steve

lol wow...

my fav tho is still this remake of friday about french fries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9nvC6dTfr0

April 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Demara

Oh, great. A show with "okay" acting doesn't bother me, but when you further publicize a disgustingly badly sung (and written) song... Somebody shoot me!

April 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Peter

Good for her. The song is pretty terrible but I like her.

April 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. GLEETARD

If you watch Glee, and you are over 12 yrs old, you are either A) a pedophile or B) a total frikkin retard

April 17, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Emmy

Huh, well. I love Glee, it serves its purpose to entertain and sing songs. Yes, there are a couple versions that I didn't enjoy, but their covers are pretty damn good. And if you have barely watched it, you can't judge it.

As for Rebecca Black, yes, the song was just AWFUL! And it's not her fault she had to sing it, I mean, any person that actually likes to sing and wants to be a singer would know when a song is dreadful.

But seeing as what Glee did to Bieber songs, I think I'll look forward to their rendition of Friday. Hey, if it's catchy and it's got Chord singing, I'm in. I wasn't a Bieber fan, and I couldn't at alllll stand his songs. But after Glee did their rendition, that's the only way I'll listen to a Bieber song.

The point is that you never know what Glee will do. So if you're gonna hate on one of these things or both, give it a chance before you blow yourself up over something.

April 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  24. Scott

Anyone who writes a song about eating cereal and expecting it to be a hit deserves to be terrorized and scared away from YouTube.

April 17, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. pjny

The internet has allowed us to modernize the ancient Roman public spectacles of destroying people for pleasure. This 13 year old is becoming more infamous for the vile postings on her YouTube page which are tantamount to public stoning. It's very sad because if people don't like the song – they should just not watch it. Instead it's become a feeding frenzy of hate. I'm glad GLEE is giving her props for her courage.

April 17, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  26. NolaSunshine

Wow. Now I am surprised. Honestly, the lyrics in this song are awful. Not a big fan of autotunes either but the kids like it. I can forgive that part ....I am so disappointed that Glee would pick this song of all of the great music out there – to perform. My 16 year old son and his friends make fun of this and that is how it is getting popular. It's just so bad that you have to see and listen to it. Yes, can we all say "one hit wonder."

April 17, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  27. brad

can't wait for the eyebrow rising boys in one room girls in the other detention hall grand finale of the series.

April 17, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  28. Bill

Glee is GAY! Enough said.

April 17, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  29. BENJI

This show is so stupid. I saw five minutes of it and haven't watched it since.

April 17, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. Sean

It is truly pathetic how cruel people act on the internet. Nothing, and nobody forced them to watch this girl's video, or listen to the song. Regardless of the quality of the song, or the singer (who in this case is a 13yr old child), there is no reason to be highly critical, much less downright cruel as many people have been regarding this girl. If you do not like the song, or her.. Do not listen to it, how difficult is that?

April 17, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  31. Spendlove

REBECCA BLACK SUCKS.. PERIOD!

April 17, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  32. Anonymous

I wish somebody will do this to the real Rebecca Black. This song is a cancer and it needs to be stopped.
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FbUOUD4alw&w=640&h=390]

April 16, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  33. All Of America

that song is the stupidest piece of garbage i believe i have ever heard... just a whiny nasally voice saying friday and party over and over again... terrible!

April 16, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  34. gleesucks

i love it when someone says this show sucks, all the lil people that are...how should i say... light in the loafers..swordswallowers, buttwranglers, .. all jump out of their pantyhose.. cant wait till the crap gets canceled..

April 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. ben

I live in Manhattan, around all these kids who sing glee in the street. The problem with shows like glee is the lack of talent, and show voices which subjugate e the beauty of all music. Clearly one of the reason why no modern music can compare tot he hey day of rock. It is an embarrassment

April 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. r

Why doesn't Glee do a cover of the cover Stephen Colbert did of "Friday" and then Gwyeneth can do another guest spot and do a cover of the cover that Glee did of the cover Colbert did of "Friday".

April 16, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  37. scott

@jsquared .... do you even see the irony? you are attempting to insult her for her supposed lack of talent, when it was a lack of talent that originally catapulted "Friday" to success.. the artist you are attempting to defend... surely you see the irony.

April 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Matt

Rebecca Black is awesome! I like her song 'friday' it's on my ipod touch :D and so is that new girl who sing "sunday" which is a religion song lol! I like it to ! I have it on my ipod touch to hehe :P I don't care what you fakers say and you fail :)

April 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  39. music lover

This is the kind of song they should be playing, passionate, sincere, real:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8-a6EkixA&w=640&h=390]

April 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jake

If you are a guy and you watch glee, you are probably taking it in the pooper

April 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. notyourname

She'd probably need auto-tune for that, too.

April 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Andrew

I think they ought to do "Gang Fight" instead of "Friday"

April 16, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  43. shahidul islam

In couple of days, what we have noticed that CNN entertainment updates are not enough.. we need to watch and learn more more daily basis... thankz.

April 16, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  44. MilfBiggenson

Ridiculous. We are truly a fast food nation when it comes to food, music, clothes, entertainment and values. We live in a society that functions at a level of shallowness, self-absorbtion, self-promotion and self-gratification that even Caligula would shake his head at in disgust. It's not just one factor – but I believe the internet and technology has placed western civilization (and soon everyone else) on a fast track to our ultimate destruction. And this isn't a religious rant – I'm an atheist! All this from Friday being on Glee? Yeah. It's obviously a lot worse than you thought.

April 16, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  45. Kim

lightbulb – maybe here mom should have thought of that before she let the video go on you tube.

April 16, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  46. Kim

I know the Glee version won't be any better because the lyrics are so bad.

April 16, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  47. lightbulb

She is super cute. I hope she wont ever see these comments. It is a shame people have to pick on a 13 year old girl.

April 16, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jonathan

Congrats Rebecca! Can't wait to hear Glee's rendition by the boys of your song! Way to go!

April 16, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  49. Square

Here is the recipe for songwriting today: "The Line Keeps Repeating."

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTjjVWmCenM&w=640&h=390]

April 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. My2Cents

She is way cute and a deacent singer. I LOVE her video. People should not be so mean. She is a sweetheart.

April 15, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  51. James Vond

She's a nice kid, she isn't having babies or doing drugs all she sang was a song. So what if you don't like it? don't listen to it!

April 15, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. crossroadsmusicmag

There has only been one remake of this song that sounds good and it is the Death Metal version. The rap, ska, metalcore are ok but the Death Metal one is the best – here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDlKr7BRnAk

Also, the "Saturday" sequel song is pretty funny also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Chelwb6Ja4

I doubt the Glee cast will do anything different. It will still sound pre-teenish, whinny, and basically nothing that will stand out, like the rest of the show.

April 15, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  53. CNN SUX

CNN YOU SUCK

April 15, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jerkin

This show is soley for gay people to watch. It's a gate way for people to push their gay agenda on America. I'm gay and I know this for a fact.

April 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jeff

Oh- I thought you meant the ICE CUBE/Chris Tucker movie. Now that would be worth watching...

April 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buddy

I thought the same thing, got excited thinking they would sing Rose Royce "I wanna get next to you". Then I was bummed when I found out it was this stupid song "Friday" :(

April 17, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  56. Madison Moore

April 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Daniel

After recent headlines about anti-social bullying, why have adults (and huge media personalities) flocked like jackals to criticize a 13 year old girl who was just pursuing a dream of being a singer? Wow.

April 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Rebecca Black Sucks

Good grief. Do we need any more coverage of this talentless idiot?

April 15, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Glee Sux

Just another nail in the coffin of talent and good taste.

April 15, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Superhiro

Well that's just a stupid idea.

April 15, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  61. mpristave

They realize people hate this song right? Does cnn not know this has like 99% dislikes? Its not a sensation. L2youtube

April 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Patti

I haven't heard a song this annoying since the Captian and Tennille's horror story of a song "Muscrat Love."

April 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  63. citizenUSA

Maybe CCN will run a story the next someome on Glee burps.

April 15, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  64. johnny america

She would lose that too, she sucks that bad

April 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  65. DrFood

Bot oh boy. The Glee cast has their work cut out for them. Good luck polishing that turd.

April 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Richk

Well, Ms. Black should blame her sorry-a55 parents for feeding her delusion. What kind of people would do that for their kid without researching the company? Just take a look at some of the other videos produced by Ark, seriously they are taking young kids and making them look like pole dancers.

April 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  67. rkdres

This is exactly why "songs" like Friday go viral, because our ignorant pop culture mentality celebrates carbon copy mediocrity. American culture=FAIL

April 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  68. the kid

Stupid song, stupid cover. My GF loves Glee, so unfortuatly im subjecting to watching.. BUT, at least they sing songs worth hearing. TODAY i heard the friday song, Damn Shame..

April 15, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  69. BILLY RAY

DANG ! I gotta clean our trailer. I just herd child services is coming over to cjeck on us. Hope they brang my welfare check with em.

April 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Spendlove

Rebecca Black & Glee = FAIL

April 15, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ranch Boy

Wow...you thought really long and hard on that reply didn't you? Better take a nap, you must be just exhausted!

April 16, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
    • McKenna

wow, you have added a deep, thought provoking, original, comment to this discussion.

April 17, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  71. BILLY RAY

Glee is just some show her city folks. And fer folks up north in new york city and stuff. We dont cotton to no sangin down here in Georgia. We let our slaves do the sangin as they pick the cotton.

April 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jes

what the french toast is going on with this world?? lol

that song sucks as mcuh as glee does

April 15, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  73. rico

Every story planning meeting at Glee headquarters: "so, what piece of pop culture can we steal from this week?"

April 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corey

Unfortunately, that sounds like the story planning meeting at South Park headquarters as well.

April 15, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  74. zbtrocker

The moment this airs the Earth will split open and we will all get dragged down to the core.

April 15, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  75. vernon

I just find it almost frightening the lengths the network and it's media partners will go to hype Glee. They are going to cover a non-song by a non-singer? That's news? Really? No other agenda?

April 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  76. xdougx

Which is worse, Glee or Rebecca Black, or Rebecca Black on Glee? Ugh.

April 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Mike

Why the hell is this news?

April 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Well, it's marked as a "blog," so technically it's not news.

April 17, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary J

You "how is this news?" people irritate me. Were you not aware that this is an entertainment blog? STFU and go to world news.

April 17, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  78. Tiki

Her voice is decent, but the lyrics are cheesy-really? A lesson on the days of the week?

April 15, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jsquared

how is this comment relevent??
    who the heck are you??? We're all very sorry your "Voice Coach" career didnt take off.
    but don't hate. get over yourself

April 15, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Amy

By the way, I just wanted to add something vitally important to this conversion.

PUCK IS HOT!

That is all. Please, carry on.

April 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  81. fonzi

I didn't see the kissing scene, did they use tongue? Hey!!!

April 15, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Ron31

Rebecca Black should be very,very happy to have the Glee cast sing her song,dumb or not she is getting paid.For all you haters hating on Glee, you need to stop.I have been watching Glee since day 1 and I think its a great show,but if you dont like it that is your opinion but dont down the show that is a hit. Everytime somebody says they dont like it, it keeps getting bigger and bigger,so your comments dont mean nothing.I also don't see anything wrong with the song choice or storylines, they cover all the HOT artist and songs and hit on whats really going on in the world. There are Gay people in this world so why not focus on it.

April 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Dustin

I'm glad she cried maybe people will think before they they make such crappy music, theres already way to much of it.

April 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  84. fonzi

I believe it call "jumping the shark"

April 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Corey

The drama will "end?" Thanks to this story we'll be hearing about this joke of a song for another six months. Youtube: Providing 13 year old girls with hope since 2005. Please Ms. Black, stay in school.

April 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Joe in NJ

Another great song ruined by Glee. Everytime a song is performed on Glee, it cheapens the original.

April 15, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dustin

You did read what you wrote correct? I don't how Glee can "ruin" this song anymore than the song itself already has.

April 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

Great song?!?!?!

What the?

April 16, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • pinecone pete

I too am super worried about cheapening the powerful song that is "friday".

April 17, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  87. Patrick

We here at the rest of the world would rather die.

April 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Joe

I'll be glad when Glee is cancelled. I wonder if Black had said no, would the Glee creator go off on her too like he does when bands say no to his request?

April 15, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Pathetic

Seriously? Oh Glee, you've officially lost what musical respect I had for you. Too bad.

Maybe it wasn't Rebecca's fault that her song was so bad lyrically (she didn't write the thing), but that doesn't change the fact that it's one of the worst. Ever. It's pure, badly written drabble that tries far to hard to capitalize on all the trends we see in pop music. All the trends. At the same time.

I feel bad for her because she got stuck with that song, but I also think her voice was... well... not up to snuff. She really needs to spend time with a vocal coach before releasing anything else, well written or not.

Glee will at least improve on that, but that they are doing this song at all is sad. Really, really sad. First a second lady gaga episode and now this. Don't they know of any music with real substance and talent attached?

April 15, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

ummm Lotsa folks now aren't up to snuff with their voice too, yet they are on mega tours and all over the news. What is new about your comment? nothing.

April 15, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dustin

Thats what the internet has done for us. Taken already crappy music and made it even more crappy. "Today's top hits" radio stations should be banned for causing stupidity.

April 15, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Haters?

Why all the hate on Rebecca? Jealous much? She made a silly song for fun, yet people try to pull her down for it? Sure it's a "bad" song, but hey, when has Glee used YOUR songs? She's the one laughing now.

April 15, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • kg83

the sad part is she didnt even write this crappy song. her mom bought it for her. i hope the POS who did write this and accidently made Black known to the world is hanging by his neck in the closet. epic failure

April 15, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

"when has Glee used YOUR songs?"

Never. It would be a better show if they did, but they would have a hard time finding someone who could actually sing them.

April 16, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  91. LBWl

Her voice is nasally. She says Frinay instead of Friday. That stupid song will probably go to number one.

April 15, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  92. V

I'm gay. I used to watch Glee. It's too gay for me now. It's way too preachy now and tries to glorify being gay.

April 15, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  93. honu.rasp@hotmail.com

Great, two of the worst things in the entire world in one place.

April 15, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  94. dakotaluv

Would also like to say... certainly nothing to do with her voice. It's just a horrible song!

April 15, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  95. jfam54

This has nothing to do with the quality of her voice. I would agree with her own assessment of that. This problem is that it is a terribly written song. Glee version with people singing it better won't help a bad song be better. People laugh at the words because they are hilarious. However, today is Friday. Fun, fun, fun, fun.

April 15, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Scarlett

Agreed. That song is horrid! Most people don't give enough credit to songwriters. The song can make or break you. I wouldn't have paid $2 for that song/video package - much less $2000. Although I guess her daughter is getting her 15 seconds of fame so maybe it was worth it. It is not like she was going to have a future in music anyway ...

April 15, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Her voice was heavily auto-tuned. It still sounded pretty bad. She's getting press because the song is stupid and she's cute. Nothing more.

April 15, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • wewewesoexited

April 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carl

The Black-eyed peas "I gotta feeling" is an equally bad written song. The lyrics are just as juvenile and these artists are approaching their 40's . The criticism of her is unfair just because she doesn't have a major label shoving her songs down our throats. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (Do it!), Friday Saturday Sunday (Do it!) These songwriters must have gotten their start on Barney.

April 15, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

"The problem is she can get way more than 15 seconds of fame. She's only 13. Shell hit reality tv at 18, be a drug addict by 25, continue reality TV with Dr. Drew, and have a combeck song that sucks worse than Friday. The question is.....what ail that song be called?"

DUH!

What comes after Friday?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

April 16, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Why doesn't she tell us what comes after Sunday? THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW! We have schedules to make, darn it!

April 17, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  96. lalalala

Modern day of 'Let's Go to the Mall'... Anyone??? :)

Am I the only one who can see this on a Kohl's 'Back to School' commercial in August???

April 15, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  97. Jody

I think this will be the first time the "Glee version" of a song is better than the original...and I don't even watch Glee.

April 15, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Id10t

If you don't watch Glee, how do you know who's version of the songs are better?

April 15, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Valentijn

Wow, that is the crappiest song I have heard in a long time. Including crap from Ke$ha.

April 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Seriously! How would you know if Glee versions are better or worse if you admit you don't watch it? Glee versions ARE sometimes better than the original, or at least as good in their own way. I LOVE some Glee covers! Some are not so good, but covers are a mixed bag. People have different opinions about what is or is not "good".

April 15, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barry

That's about the dumbest comment I've ever seen on these boards, and THAT takes some doing.

April 15, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • johnny america

Any version of this song that isnt sung by that horrible wanna be singer will be a better version.

April 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • B=Dog

I don't watch the show, but I have seen a few songs they have covered on Youtube. Most of the ones I've seen were when they remade classic songs, and it's and it's just horrible!

April 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • MellaElla

You Should see the Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert......

April 15, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • britni

glee great show.
      rebecca black. what the hell is her producer thinking.
      god damn.

April 15, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

We all know why the song was horrible, but it's actually got 2 things going for it. The girl is kind of cute, and the song is horrible. Why would being horrible be good? Because horrible sells. Look at William Hung. The funny thing is like William Hung, Rebecca also thinks she can sing. Which will probably only feed more in to the funny aspect of the whole thing. I'm sure she will be releasing an album soon (if she has not already) and many people will buy it for those 2 reasons.

April 17, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

NOTHING will beat the Stephen Colbert version of Friday.

April 18, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Bill

What an ass

April 15, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  99. Jess

no it is not just for gays. the show does promote being gay and it shows that they do get bullied by their peers, but to stick up for yourself. the show is not all about being gay, there are other story arks as well. i'm not gay and i love the show! you dont have to be gay to watch the show bud

April 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Ty

The show is not just for gay people to watch. Yes there's a gay story line that's about being open and honest. That does not make it disgusting. People like Evel are disgusting.

The song is horrible, but i don't have to like every song to love the show. :)

April 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  101. yoyoyyo

The black guy rapping in the video is the one that wrote "Friday" and is the producer and owner of Ark Music

April 16, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  102. BlueDogTexas

Did you want to see straight men kissing?

April 16, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Ravi Tagore

Of course is just for gay people and you are one of them!

April 18, 2011 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |