Justin Bieber takes Twitter break; world pauses
April 14th, 2011

Justin Bieber takes Twitter break; world pauses

After all of the problems he was having in Israel - the paparazzi wouldn't leave him alone; he was being "pulled into politics" - Justin Bieber was apparently feeling a little annoyed.

The 17-year-old star let the Twitterverse know on Tuesday that he needed some breathing room from the social networking site...which he relayed by tweeting, of course.

"Been super frustrated and just needed some time to vent and chill...[I] want to see this country and all the places [I've] dreamed of and whether its the paps or being pulled into politics its been frustrating...Gonna take a little break from twitter and enjoy this time with my family until then," he told his legion of followers.

News of the prolific poster's hiatus quickly spread, but instead of sending Beliebers into a panic, they rallied with support. The Biebs retweeted user Viicky_Belieber, who wrote, "@justinbieber #cheerupjustin ♥ the fans are here for you!! Te amamos <3 #muchlove."

Maybe they knew he wouldn't stay silent for long. That same day, the singer tweeted that "patience is a virtue," and the next day encouraged everyone to follow his vocal coach's Twitter feed. This morning, he informed his followers that it was "time to do what i love best...perform for the fans...Israel...its almost time. #myworldtour."

Perhaps his use of "break" is like "Jersey Shore's" use of "done"? Either way, we're guessing that there's close to 9 million people who wouldn't mind seeing him tweet with regularity again.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • The Bieb

1. renae

im just saying he is a nice person and he needs some respect from his fans

May 5, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. renae

he is a nice person so keep your mouths closed

May 5, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sadiee

People are sooooo freggin idiotic. Grow up and stop talkin mess over f'n cnn! leave gabby alone itchesss

April 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. akhmad

the story about what happen to palestinian children in 2009.
    About their life, their friend, their familly, their home, their courage and this is their story
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNcKpXVV3U&w=640&h=390]

April 15, 2011 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  5. taylor bradshaw

poor bieber i feel bad for him

April 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bustin Jieber

Alexis, honey I didn't even know you existed til now. Still don't care. Probably shouldn't use your real name and where you live on the CNN blog. Just sayin'...

April 14, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lexi

Ok guys jb is really im portant give him a brake to lay low hes only 17 i mean he like has a concert everyday and then autogaph sighning and then visiting sick ppls im mean give him a break....
    Hes so stressed im surprised he doesent quite being famouse hes so important and probably stressed and i bet u anything that he doesent even visit his home as much as me do and he practicly lives on a tour bus this is my note to justin get well and dont worry about what other ppl think cuz when there sick they get to stay home when ur sick u still have to go on get well and i hope u will open up ur twitter agian and no one gives u crap anymore............ <3 :* hope u feel better love always alexis davis from arizona prescott valley

April 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bustin Jieber

Gosh everybody! you just don't get it. Being famous is so hard! You don't even get to poop in peace! One pap even hid in the stall and tried to get a pic of my weeny!

April 14, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Iheartjustin

No!, now im going to kill myself.

April 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nadine

I'm sure the Paps are annoying, but I seriously, get some perspective. Especially being in Israel. Does he realize what goes on in there a fairly regular basis. There's annoyance and then there's tragedy.

And I'm not exactly sure what Twitter has to do with the Paps anyway.

Maybe his team should stop worrying about him not being in the news and stop calling the Paps.

April 14, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @gabby

@GABBY: Is the jock itch on your nose or your @$$? I can only imagine what you've been up to, nasty girl!

April 14, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bill & Ted

Dude, then maybe he could be part of a BOY band!

April 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Hmmm...

What happens when he goes thru puberty & his sweet little voice changes?

April 14, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gabby

I think I have jockItch.

April 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lou

And we really care why?

April 14, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bustin Jieber

Lil girl, you wouldn't get pulled into politics if you would keep yer mouth shut on subjects you know zilch about! you're only like 14 or so, just sing your little bubble-gum songs, and grow up to go run a hotel in Saskatchewan!

April 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Superhiro

Why would he encourage his fans to follow the twitter feed of his vocal coach? Why would anybody wanna follow that person?

April 14, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  18. gabby

WE LOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU JUSTINE !

April 14, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. gabby

my weeeiner feels funny. i hope there isnt something wrong with it.

April 14, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. gabby

I WEIGH 412 LBS. I LIKE LOW RIDER CARS(it's the only kind of car I can get into....I'm severely obese), JUSTIN BIEBER AND EATING ENTIRE HAMS FOR LUNCH. I KNOW JUSTIN ONLY LIKE THE LITTLE JIG-A-BOO BOYS RAMMING HIS POOP SHOOT BUT I THINK IT'S TIME JUSTIN TO PUNC ME IN THE GUT AND RIDE THE WAVES IN.

April 14, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  21. gabby

@justins agent uhh nope !! your wrong :D

April 14, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Sadiee

Hi Gabby(: i totally agree with ya!!!
    woooo lol

April 14, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  23. gabby

he may be 17 but i dont see any of yallperforming and being harrassed by paparazzi ! try going through that let me know how you get through !!! i love you justin

April 14, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justins Agent.

Sorry Gabby. Justin only dates black boys so you are out of luck.

April 14, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  24. NANSY

I heard he may be dating that contestant named scotty on Americun Idol.

April 14, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. B lo me

Justin look at it like this it could be worse u could not have any fans at fans make u the money u r now living off of suck it up get over it

April 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  26. BooHoo

BOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Life of a superstar.. Why doesnt he go back to his crummy life in Stratford, Ontario and see which life he likes better.....

April 14, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |