'Idol' Top 8 Elimination- Is anyone safe?
April 14th, 2011

'Idol' Top 8 Elimination- Is anyone safe?

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

8:56 p.m. – It's down to Paul and Stefano.

They both have had a good ride, but one person has to go home tonight.

And that person is...

Paul! Stefano is safe!

8:55 p.m. – Seacrest reminds us that only girls have left since the competition started.

Well that ends tonight as Haley is safe!

8:50 p.m. – I forgot to mention earlier that Pia is in the audience watching. I'm sure tonight is bittersweet for her.

Rihanna announces that some fans will actually get to be in a section on stage with her at her concerts. That kind of rocks.

8:45 p.m. –  Color me stunned that Anita Baker and Chaka Khan are at "Idol" tonight.

They must be there to see Rihanna sing "California King Bed," which she does. The vocals sound off to me, but beautiful presentation with the dancers rolling around in the "sheets" hung from the ceiling.

8:39 p.m.- Here we go with more results.

Firs safe out of the quartet is .. .James, who looks weak with relief.

As for Stefano, he is in the bottom three.

That leaves Jacob and Paul and the one in the bottom three is ...

Paul.

Our bottom three are Paul, Haley and Stefano. I totally predicted that.

8:36 p.m. –  Does the lack of any more female contestants mean that Jacob, James, Paul and Stefano have to sing together?

Apparently. They sing "Sounds of Silence" and "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel. Nicely done.

8:32 p.m. – So Kelly thinks Casey is yummy. Watch your back, Haley.

8:28 p.m. – Welcome back Kelly Clarkson to the "Idol" stage.

That girl has come a long way. She sings "Don't You Wanna Stay" with Jason Aldean.

Love it and she looks great.

8:24 p.m. –  Hey Rob Reiner.

He talked to the gang about music for movies. He's so funny. We learn that almost all the contestants want to act and Rob thinks Casey could be "Seth Rogen's younger, bass-playing brother" in a film.

So true.

8:17 p.m. –  Wow.

We jump from the feel-good of Casey and Haley's act to some results.

Scotty, Lauren, Casey and Haley are up first and everyone is looking pretty serious.

And after the nation voted, our first person safe is ...

Scotty!

Next up to head back to the couch is ... Lauren!

That leaves Casey and Haley and the one in the bottom three this week is no other than ...

Haley! Casey is safe!

8:14 p.m. –  Haley and Casey are our next duet, singing the jazzy "Moaning." They sound good together and should take that show on the road. I wonder if the rumors about them dating are true, 'cause they are looking mighty cute together. Their performance gets a standing O from the judges.

Might we have a jazz "Idol" this year?

8:10 p.m. –  James, Scotty, Haley and Stefano got to be zombies in this week's music video.

I guess that's cool if you are into that type of thing.

8:04 p.m. – We are back to singing the duets and Scotty and Lauren sing a Lady Antebellum song. Me likey.

8:02 p.m. – What is that get up J-Lo is sporting? Oh well.

Rihanna and Kelly Clarkson both in the same night? Yes!!

8:00 p.m. – The show just started and I have no idea who is going home tonight.

I love that.

1. Nike Free Run

Dame 2012 Nike Free Trainer, Billige Kvinder Dame 2012 Nike Free Trainer Salg, Great Price, Kampe Rabat, gode anmeldelser, hoj kvalitet, sikker levering, intet salg Skat og betaling med kreditkort.
    Nike Free Run http://www.vnikefree.com/

November 18, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ginger

I am a lezbo! I want to hook up with a butch dy-ko asap. Let do some pumpin with a big ol dil-do!! Let's rock each other in da poop chute and make da magic happen!!

April 19, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. HANDSOME

I am a pillow biter and a fairy! I am lookin for some gayboyz to party with. I want to get slammed in da pooper with a monster schlong!! Let's get bizzy and pump da rump!!

April 18, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. HANDSOME

Scotty is Awful,He sucks. I would not pay two cents to hear him sing,and not one cent to watch him perform! He is totally creapy and I have more talent in my little toe, He should have been voted off monthes ago when he forgot his words and totally ruined a sond.. however the judges are scripted so that did not happen...Bottom line is he cant sing,has no stage presence and America must send him home,,Boo Hoo to the teenie Boppers,But reality must set in and send him packing!

April 16, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. Connor

Lisa Respers France, CNN.com writer, you made this post! Cool!

April 15, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. comment

i love it when people so adamantly say they're not gonna watch idol ever again because someone they like got voted off...until next season that is.

April 15, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dayhar

Sure are lot of narrow minded people out there , or should i say small minded. THERES MORE THAN JUST ONE TYPE OF MUSIC! ,And if you don't like it or the person singing it , somebody else will. Most , if not all of the contestents left will get recording contracts wether they win or not! There all good in there own right! Why aren't you up there singing!

April 15, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Christin

You must be a Scotty fan. ;)

April 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ginger

You sound like you are angry..... why?

If you do not like this blog, then do not read.... but I promise to watch you sing should YOU try.

April 15, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. handsome

SCOTTY MCCREEPY GO HOME !!YOU ARE AWFUL

April 15, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael

His type of music might not be your cup of tea, but there is no way you can say he is awful. He is very talented.

April 15, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

I do not understand how Scotty can be the most safe. He is a carbon copy of other country singers and offers nothing new, nor does he perform as well as a few others. This leads me to believe this show is more for country than any other music genre.

Lauren sings better than Scotty. All blogs I visited prior to the elimination definitely supported James for his heavy metal performance, and not by a small percentage.

Maybe this is rigged....who knows. All I know is Scotty is not good enough as a performer for Idol win.

April 15, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. mejazzbo

Jason Aldean might as well have had a bucket on his head. That cowboy hat was so big I couldn't see his face at all. More like a cowboy burka. Great song, but I can't imagine paying to see a hat sing in concert.

April 15, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. Frenchie

James is wonderful and very unique. Good for him I am proud of him. I think he should win, people love him.

Frenchie from Canada

April 15, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dayhar

All these comments about Scotty only singing country , ahh- da! Hello Mcfly anybody home! COULD IT BE THAT MAYBE HES A COUNTRY SINGER!!! Hes singing the music that he loves and is best suited for! , and hes doin a killer job at it! GO SCOTTY!

April 15, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. EmmieMee

We are sooo glad Paul is gone!

April 15, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jennifer

I am so sick of James and Stefano! It is obvious that Stefano is the worst on the show since he has been in the bottom 3 or 2 for the past I-don't-even-know-how-many weeks.

As for James, AI goes out of its way to make the "rockers" look good. I really think James is a huge poser. They give him fire, smoke, sparks, lighting, and professional rockers to make him look good week after week. They did the same thing with Adam Lambert, which is exactly who James wants to be. He has taken on more of a Lambert look from the beginning with his new hair-do, clothes, song selections, etc. He is even starting to do that gross tongue thing that Adam did. I just wish he would go already!

April 15, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • natmach

Maybe it's because rockers are real entertainers on stage, they're not robots. And so what if he sounds like Lambert, they both have amazing voices and know how to make an audience enjoy their show, that's what entertainment is. Some, if not all have fantastic voices, I know that in my wildest dreams I could not sing like any of them and I'm in awe of them ALL, but you have to know how to entertain an audience. None seem to have what James and Adam Lambert have. I'm being biased, I know, I prefer rockers over regular pop artists so for me, GO JAMES!!

April 15, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

You are wrong about your thinking AI caters to James and rock music. Firstly, James is the only true rocker on AI this season. He arranged to get the rocker dude for his heavy metal song HIMSELF. He was advised by Jimmy not to do this song. But he knew exactly what he wanted and asked for it. I am trying to say, he arranged his performance and was not coached. The others lack in stage performance in comparison. I am sure AI obliges the contestants at this stage of the game. If the others really KNEW what they wanted to do which some do not (most actually), then perhaps the show would be even better.
      Have you not noticed the best performances are those with talent in voice and stage performance.

I bet you do not like rock... well thank god that many do. Personally, I do not like country music as a rule, but I do recognize good talent in country and I would pay money to see groups like the Dixie Chicks and Sugarland. I love blues, jazz etc. However, hard rock is my favourite...heck I have seen pink floyd.... you would have been horrified to see the huge pink pig flying over the audience.... lol

April 15, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. natmach

Glad Paul is gone, he looked goofy on stage throwing his feet around and the voice, although unique was hard to listen to, it always seemed that he was about to bust his vocal chords and that would be it, silence. The same for Haley, but I really liked her jazzy sound, that's what she go with! Scotty is loved by many country fans and I know that his career is set, whether he wins or not and good for him. To his haters here, he'll be laughing at you all the way to the bank. Casey is in the same league, his special talents also have many fans, but I'm so so on him. The rest are all about the same, very good singers, but none get to me like James does...YOU GO JAMES!!! Please sing some Zeppelin!

April 15, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  15. Bookenz

I SO want Scotty to leave. Can't stand those faces he makes, especially the eyebrow thing.

April 15, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. whaa

I am glad that Paul left. I just really didn't like him for some reason
    I hope James will win. He is just amazing and so inspiring. I have no words to describe it.
    I think Stefano should go home though, even though I like him...I mean, hes adorable and good and all...but he really doesnt have the vocal range that everyone else has.
    And Lauren is amazing, but I feel like she is just too young and doesn't seem to know whats going on. Girl can SING though.
    Scotty is amazing but he can ONLY sing country, I can definitely see him with a recording contract tho and on country music radio
    Jacob...I think he has a good voice but its not something you'd listen to the radio or see in concet
    Haley...She just doesnt have enough star quality or as good of a voice as other contestants.
    Casey is good, I feel like he acts too nonchalant about things and it gets on my nerves
    GO JAMES DURBIN :D

April 15, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

Your comments resonate with me totally per each Idol contestant. Stefano obviously has a perfect voice, meaning that even talking would create perfect waves. My science teacher tested all of us back in high school, and only one kid made perfect waves with his talking voice. However, Stefano does not have any edge to his singing and I like edgy....so I find him dull. His stage presence is lacking that special thing that makes us stand on edge...see, no edge.
      James has a good range and he is edgy.... my choice for sure

April 15, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Mark S

oh man I wanted Haley to go home so bad last night. She did ok with the jazz number with Casey, but I really can't stand her. She will not get record deal and will be long forgotten once she is voted off. Scotty please go home too. Stop holding the mike like that – and please liven up your act. Yeeesh!

Top 3 – James, Lauren, Stefano.

April 15, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  18. Tif

Paul has a funny voice, but he sure is cute!

April 15, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  19. Seth

@mikesword, I got an i.Pad2 for $198.75 when they cost $829.99 at the apple store. People just like you are getting deals like this all day at SnagBids.com

April 15, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. disappointed

Paul was a true entertainer – so talented – so at ease on the stage. Sorry but Stefano is a bore. And the curlyque, loud girlie singer has no charisma – just loud. Paul, you are the new Rod Stewart! You put out a CD, and I will buy it, unlike the two survivors from last night. If Casey goes, that's it for me. In fact, it isn't going to be nearly as much fun to watch the show without Paul.

April 15, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  21. yankeetexan

Paul will have a great career – he is multi-talented so now with Idol exposure, I bet we start seeing a lot of him. Jacob needs to go next – boring – always "gospel" type songs. Scotty should have been on a country idol show-while he has a good voice, I think he's drab and dull. In the end I hope it's James who wins. Oh, and to the woman who said "crazy facial expression that...James" don't you realize he has Turette's which causes those ticks. I think he's wonderful...so happy and such talent! GO JAMES!!!

April 15, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

Paul may have a great career, but not as a singer.

April 15, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

Now that is a good idea..... This is my first season watching AI due to the new judges, particularly judge Tyler.

This country stuff is a bit much..... toooo damn bland for my tastes.. belongs on the country channel

April 15, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. diane

Hailey or Stefano should have gone home, Scotty is very true singer and dosen't need all of the crazy facial expression that Casey and James use they always look like there in pain.

April 15, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • whaa

Um, OKAY
      I hope you realize that james can't help the facial expressions that he makes
      he has TOuRETTEs
      and no tourettes does not mean that he screams swear words randomly. When he does that squinting thing? Tourettes.
      Good God, I'm ashamed of how fireaking ignorant America is!!!!!!!!!!!!
      James is amazing and inspirational. Do you have any idea how hard he must have to woork to get to where he is now? And have a family of his own?
      Impressive, to say the least.
      I think it would be worth wwhile for you to google both Aspergers AND Tourette's syndromes

April 15, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • natmach

@dianne you are one ignorant idiot. Find out first why this young man makes those expressions before you comment, he can't help it. He is to be admired not made fun of. Geesh! GO JAMES, YOU ARE LOVED!!!

April 15, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

In Diane's defense, they haven't mentioned that James has Tourette syndrome since the beginning of the season.

April 15, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • natmach

@jennifer, duh, just Google him or read anything article about AI where he is mentioned and most do talk about his Aspergers and Tourettes, and they replayed tapes of the earlier shows. At least his facial expressions cannot be helped, others put on expressions on purpose to get to their fan base.

April 15, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

Perhaps calling you ignorant is too much.... however, read the bios on the singers before commenting. James is amazing in that he has Tourette's and other afflictions. It is for this reason, I am so taken with his musical talent and besides, he is very very talented. He is diverse, he plays instruments, and can he move...wow!

James if you are reading these comments...perhaps a Queen song or Supertramp? I would love to hear a Pink Floyd song, but might not showcase your vocals as well. Zeppelin is good... Allman brothers? I loved your Judith Priest song, I was blown away!

April 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Scotty Fan

ooooops I think good song for SCOTTY would be Chris Young's "TOMORROW" if he gets the opportunity. I hope he will consider! Love Scotty!

April 15, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

Another good one for Scotty – Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone.

April 15, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  24. Scotty Fan

I think good song for Chris would be Chris Young's "TOMORROW" if he gets the opportunity. I hope he will consider! Love Scotty!

April 15, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  25. boscobear

The milliom dollar question is how did Stefano avoind being eliminated? He should have been gone long ago!

April 15, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  26. dogs rule

After Pia's departure, it's hardly worth watching; but James brings something new each time and is the only one left worth watching now. (PUhleeeeze, America: why is Jacob still screaming in pain, and not eliminated yet??)

April 15, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Ms.Aurora

Because he can sing. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not talent. Jacob has something that you can't learn in any voice training school. He has God Given talent, and he has an angelic voice. There was a time when people used to sing and you could actually understand the words. People like Luther VanDross, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson. Today's music is something very different. You may think Jacob screams but to many he sings very well. And as long as there are those of us who think that, we will vote and vote and vote for him. I don't criticize the others, although they are not my cup of tea. All of them are talented in their own way and I wish the best for all of them!!

April 15, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Actually, I can't understand a word that Jacob says while he is singing. But this may be because I am so worried that he is going to swallow the microphone.

April 15, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • dprang

Yep..my sentiments exactly.... I thought Pia would make it even though I like watching James mostl

April 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. karen

I have to say I'm sad to see Paul leave the show. He was my favourite. Although I know he wasn't for everyone, his tone of voice makes me melt. I've already downloaded his bands songs off of Itunes....The Grand Magnolias....and I love every song. He'll be picked up by some record label and no doubt we'll be hearing him again soon.

April 15, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
    • yep

He is probably the only one of these contestants that will have any success, except for maybe scotty on the country side. All the others are just cookie cutouts of previous seasons, nothing real unique about them. He got cut because he had a distinctive voice and singing style... he did just try and sound like someone from Star Search. If American Idol has proven anything, it's that it doesn't produce stars... 95% of successful artist don't have that big stage Whitney Houston voice.

April 15, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • yep

Sorry, he didn't just try and sound like someone from Star Search.

April 15, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  28. GH

Inna word: FINALLY!! Sleep well tonight Rod Stewart. He's gone!

April 15, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  29. JT

What is wrong with America when it comes to entertainment! It comes down to Rod Stewart and Bruno Mars.. who wins???? Bruno Mars?? That's retarded

April 15, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  30. chedar

I told you guys. Stefano will be in the final 3. As long as those teeny boppers vote for him, you will be sure Stepano will be in the finals.

April 15, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • superk

I'm not a teeny bopper and I voted for him for a full two hours, I'm in my 50's and love him, he has the best tone to his voice period!

April 15, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  31. KayBrown

Someone has got to coach Scotty..... to stop tilting his head off to one side..... and to stop holding the mic with 2 hands

April 14, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  32. dave

Do not say scotty is only one dimemsional to loud omg ,this could also ruin reba,george strait,omg!!!

April 14, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  33. TampaBayOldie

Jacob is next ..

April 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Granny Kat

Quit knocking Scotty; the show is called American Idol,not rock idol or gospel idol. There is a very big country fan base in America and without a doubt he has the potential to win it. And I agree with some of the other commenters, these contestants are all very talented.

April 14, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Billy

Granny you need to replay Scotties "performances". He has no stage presense and no clue how to work a stage. He is in way over his head. I suspect he has some physical condition that forces him to hold the microphone the way he does, makes him lurch across the stage, hang his head to one side and sing out of the side of him mouth....Any musical career he may have will be either on cruise ships or in amusement parks.

April 15, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Producer

Scotty can sing country music and well have a contract

April 15, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

The fact that the show is NOT Hillbilly Idol, Country Idol or whatever, is theprecise reason why this creepy kid needs to sing something ELSE or go HOME!

April 15, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • whaa

Scotty is an amazing country singer and no matter what happens,, he will get picked up by a country recording company. I don't think he should win though because Country is THE only thing he can sing. But he is very good at it...

April 15, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

Granny....noone is knocking Scotty

He is a good singer, but his performances are not strong enough, nor diverse enough for my taste. I love the Dixie Chicks who I saw as an opening act with the Eagels. They offer interesting musical voices and instuments.
      Scotty does neither...he is a cookie cutter and needs to develop more diversity.

Just because country is big, does not mean it is better. Give me Willy, Dixie Chicks and Sugarland....but too many crooners like Scotty get stale... Besides, I believe country and rock necessitate the singers to play instruments and or write their own music.... that is country talent!

April 15, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  35. scott

This is how the rest of the season's eliminations will go, in order: Stephano, Haley, Jacob, Casey, Lauren, Scottie, and James Durbin wins. Too many people assume Scottie will be the winner, but they're wrong...when the season finale happens, he will be upset by James, just like Kris Allen upset Adam Lambert. It doesn't matter if people are annoyed by him now; he brings a lot of energy, and people like that.

April 14, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty

Adam lost to Kris because when it was brought out that Adam was gay, the christians all voted over to clean cut Kris... sooooooo judgemental

April 15, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

Gay AND Jewish! That's a no-no double whammy . The ultra-Babble-thumpers would never allow that combination!!!

April 15, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • PJB1775

Proof, or it didn't happen.

April 15, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • whaa

I agree that james will win because not only is he talented, but he is also inspirational.
      I hated that adam lost to kris so much.
      Not only was he an amaaaazzing singer, he was also an all-around performer.
      America better get it right this year

April 15, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock

I agree, and have thought for the past few weeks that the top three will be Lauren, Scotty, and James. At this point I can't decide who will take the win, but it won't matter because all three will be going places in the music industry anyway. Cheers.

April 15, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

I totally agree with your choices and hope James takes it. I love his preformances and passion for music.

So please be right!

April 15, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  36. Erinn

Wow. I usually enjoy this blog, but the reviewer definitely phoned it in tonight!

April 14, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. shadow

Scotty is so one dimensional...country!

April 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. CAPTAIN COOL

SCOTTY LOOKS LIKE HOWDY DOODY,,,AND HE CANT SING,,GO HOME BOY !! YOU RUIN THE SHOW !!

April 14, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

You are soooo right!! Totally agree. Howdy Doody/Alfred E. Neuman....go back to yer tractor, y'all.

April 15, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • dprang

Your comment made me laugh... I do have a problem with his mouth tilts and the way he sings into the microphone...seems so put on or maybe it is nerves. I find it hard to watch.
      I like watching James, Lauren and Haley....the others are trying tooooo hard to please their fans, hence does not work for me.

April 15, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. Will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE_HCi4MZhs– WATCH THIS!

April 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Katie

It's a shame that the judges used the "save" for Casey. They should have reserved it to save Pia instead – she's a much better singer. They should have known better than to waste it on one of the guys when the female viewers tend to keep men on the show much longer than they should.

April 14, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Superhiro

SCOTTY ! SCOTTY ! SCOTTY ! I LOVE YOU !

April 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Superhiro

I hope it isnt scotty. He is the most tallented performer on the show. I think I an in LOVE !

April 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

GAG. He is sooo creepy. But, I guess someone has to "love" Alfred E. Neuman

April 15, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

Scotty is likely available, being so young.... You are likely too young for him though.

April 15, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  43. wow

damn Haley is in the bottom 3 again? if haley goes home tonight... NO MORE AMERICAN IDOL for me..it's over.. where is Simmon and Paula abdul?

April 14, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

You're kidding, right? She's by far the least talented on the show.

April 14, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • are you kidding

@Michael – are you serious dude? Even if you didn't like her last night did you listen to her tonight? That was amazing and she even went all crazy there at the end with the insane Mariah Carey notes!

April 14, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. m

I'm soo pleased with the bottom 3... I don't mind any of them leaving!!

April 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Agree. And I'm glad it was Paul who got booted. He was simply awful last night. All over the place. Why the hell they complimented his performance is beyond my comprehension. Nice guy, but awful singer.

April 14, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Connor

Just as this post guy suspected in the bottom 3. Paul,Hailey and Stefano. I can't wait to see Paul leave beause vote for the worst will then be screwed up.

April 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Phillip

This is who is left? Please, I wouldn't buy an album from any of these fools. American Idol is over. How can anyone still watch this amateur hour crap?

April 14, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

I think this has been the best year of Idol to date. I'm not happy with all of the finalists, but over all they have been much more diverse then previous cookie cutter idols.

April 15, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

Question for you.... why are you on this blog if you think AI is so horrid? Seems to me you are an April fool who hates not loves music.

April 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Sonia

Paul is going home tonight..they are all good but someone has to go!!

April 14, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Joe

The guys are lame tonight, It will be Lauren and Scotty standing at the end

April 14, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob in canada

yeah , totally eh , but like in a steel cage match , probably a Fox pay per view

April 15, 2011 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
    • dogd rule

Gag–maybe on another planet! Lemme guess: hillbilly music fan, right?

April 15, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Ruth

I think it will be Lauren and Casey. Lauren has broad appeal, and I'm going to start voting for Casey.

April 15, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  49. james

I tried watching tonight, but after hailey was in the bottom three, it was useless, and after Pia was eliminated,
    Its just a show with guys, Im done...I cant wait to see how Xfactor beats Idol

April 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • wow

Yup! same here... Heard Kelly Clarkson tonight and it's confirmed to myself that Lauren sounded just like her, except that Kelly sounded better...

April 14, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  50. sarababy

And yet, T.V. Viewer and Arrowschmidt, you find yourselves on an American Idol page....hmmm...

April 14, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Arrowschmidt

You got that right brother.

April 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. T.V. Viewer

No,we wont be safe until this cr@p is off the air.

April 14, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tzhoney

Then stop reading the entertainment section if you don't like AI. You actually take the time to post something, you obviously watch it, and must like it if you are posting it. Love this years AI. Best talent in ten seasons.

April 14, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • oneity

agree with tzhoney! Best season ever! I'm hoping for a James/Casey finale.

April 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

SCOTTY GO HOME,,YOU FREAKIN SUCK !!!

April 14, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • cindy

This is crap ! Stefano should of went home . Paul was the only reason i continued to watch the show , now im done with idol !

April 15, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • bob

How do you vote to bring Pia back from exile island ? Rhianna really captures that pure talent and beautiful imagery of her native Barbados.. I wonder if there will be pictures of her and Brittany on the internet after this duet. I noticed there is
      still a link on the website to vote for Rubin Studdard and Lee deweeze again. God bless American idol and God bless the
      United states of America. Bob in Canada eh ? was watchin the hockey playoffs anyway drinkin brewskis

April 15, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

Are you really too dumb to change your channel??? Apparently so. In my house, we don't watch things we don't like.

April 15, 2011 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Conrad Shull

No TV show is dumber than the person watching it.

April 15, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • bill1983

jacob shouldve left not paul. jacob needs to be in the bottom 3 every week and hes never there.

April 15, 2011 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |