'American Idol' loses another one
April 14th, 2011

'American Idol' loses another one

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

What a graceful exit.

I like it when the contestants can leave on a high note like tonight, performing, dancing around and receiving love from folks.

Even though I totally called the bottom three this week and who would be leaving us, it's still tough for me to say goodbye. And judging by the tears on stage every week, my feelings are shared.

This marks the first week we have lost a male contestant as Paul has been eliminated.  I'm going to miss his incredibly bright smile and colorful suits. Who is next to go, do you think?

Any ideas, guesses or predictions? Let us know.

1. camilo londono

BIG MISTAKE. Stephano is the charmer.. cute and talented...... Diva is the one that should be going home,,,, can't stand his screaming and his Aretha pose.
    Let send her home..... I'm mourning for Stephano

April 21, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kim

Hey lezbos. Hey all u lezbos!! Let's pump each other in da poopers with a monster dil-do!!

April 18, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. idol x-pert

I am so glad that whimpy Rod Stewart wannabe Paul is gone! What a freakin stooge! But once again – this is undoudtably the ABSOLUTE worst crop of contestants in the history of AI. I dare anyone to tell me who on this year's show is as good as even any runner ups from previous years? David Archuleta – no. Jennifer Hudson – no. Daughtry – no. Katheryn McPhee – no. Ain't there folks. And Randy Jackson is as rediculous and soft as he possibly can be. He is NOT sitting in Simon's seat- he's sitting in Paula's seat! "Dawg, dude, what up? I played bass with Journey dawg and you rock! Dawg is in it to win it." What freakin ever. The ONLY breath of fresh air with any real cristism is Jimmy Iovine – and that's because, like Simon, he is a RECORD PRODUCER. Not a washed up bass player, or a diva singer or a whacked out rock singer (still love you though Steven!). As always I challenge any of you to debate my wisdom – and not any of you 15 year old girls – but anyone who actually knows music and talent – bring it on!

April 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MFREE

I feel that Scotty will win. Can't imagine anyone questioning his talent! The idols who "screams" their song aren't necessarily good, they just scream the loudest, and scream does not TALENT make. He is solid talent and like Carry Underwood, will endure! Way to go Scotty!!!

April 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. merediiith

I really liked Paul, but it was time for him to go. Next should be Stefano. Then probably Lauren or Scotty. Y'all are crazy if you think Haley should go. She has an unbelievable voice – especially when she sings jazz. Not many people can scat like that.

April 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Thank you Meredith for the first intelligent comment I have seen here.

April 15, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gotsoul?

I didn't think Paul was that good of a singer but I'll miss him! His performances cheered me up. Didn't think I'd like Casey but I find myself watching his last 2 performances over and over again! Glad him and Haley are still in the running!

April 15, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mrskool

Sorry to see Paul go since he was so fun to watch but at least he showed class and maturity at the end.

I hope Scotty goes next. He is so painful to watch and listen to. Whats up with the corny faces he makes and moving his eyebrows up and down ? Do country music lovers like that ? It creeps me out...

April 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ac

Cathy you said that Stephano is boring and that Lauren should win, WOW you are either crazy, high, or dumb which one is it please tell me.

April 15, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  9. sally

Jacob should go next because he's just TOO dramatic and his comments were uncalled for. I agree that it was awesome
    to have Jimmy reprimand him. He's just too thrilled with himself.

Scotty has a great voice, but is too one-dimensional. I think James is really good and he proved it when he sang a
    quieter song. Casey, I just don't get, and don't know WHY the judges think he's so wonderful, Stefano is adorable and
    has such a nice manner, but I don't think he has a chance of winning. Who knows..this is a talented group. Lauren
    is good, Haley is okay, it's anyone's guess.

April 15, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. CdnChick

Jacob is not likable...(watching Jimmy hand him a piece of humble pie on Wednesday was AWESOME) that's why he should go next. Lauren is likable...She will only get better!
    If Scotty were anymore stuck on himself...his head is way too big for his age. I can't even watch him sing, he's making such an ass of himself. Nashville will eat him alive.
    James' screams are soooooo overdue for an exit.
    Hayley can totally sing. She's just missing the last bit of likability....she's come a long way though...
    Casey shouldn't be on the show. Not because he can't sing or isn' t talented...but because his vibe isn't American Idol....

Just my two cents :)

April 15, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. HelD

I really like Scotty so I hope he stays, and James is amazing. It's so hard to choose this year because they are all SO MUCH BETTER than the people we saw last year. But I think it's either Stephano, who incidentally seems to have improved a great deal, Haley, who is better but just doesn't quite measure up to the others, or Jacob, because he preaches. I love the show this year – much better than before.

April 15, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. Garry

I* am hoping Casey goes soon.....I just don't care for his style..Jacob may go next then Hailey...Stefano will stay as long as all the teenage girls keep voting for him.

April 15, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • wendy

Casey has raw talent – something that you obviously know nothing about. He deserves a place in the finals.

April 15, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. missippi

You better be nice to Superhiro and the Pretty VIixen. They make these blogs enjoyable. They are our blog friends.

April 15, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. HUX

GLAD TO SEE PAUL GONE. SHOULD HAVE BEEN GONE LONG AGO. CAN'T SING ,PREFORMS LIKE A CHICKEN BEING CHASED ON STAGE AND TIRED OF HIS IMITATION OF THE GREAT and ONLY , ROD STEWART . He would fit in a night club revue or a circuit band or a COLGATE COMMERCIAL .THERE ARE MANY CLONE WANNA BEES ,AND HE SMACKS OF THAT BIG TIME.

April 15, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Pauline

I think your caps lock key is broken. You might want to check that out.

April 15, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • ac

Paul was not imitating Rod Stewart you dumb blobs that is his voice, tell me, did he only sing Rod's songs what a bunch of blobs go out and exercise you blob

April 15, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. ned smith

WHY WHY WHY I say again, are people even HINTING at Jacob going sometime soon??Cmon folks, Jacob is CLEARLY the greatest singer out there. So, what are the issues?? Yes, Haley and Stefano are next to go. And, whats the fascination with Lauren? She is an AVERAGE SINGER. Now that Pia is gone, Jacob is sure to win!!!

April 15, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  16. the lepps

WHY WHY WHY i say again WHY is hailey still on this show this girl cannot sing,ya she has a great body but that alone doesnt make an american idol,get rid of her please

April 15, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • OMG

WHY WHY WHY do people think that their OPINIONS are a FACT!????? Haley is great to me and lots of othe people to I am sure of that!!! I am pretty sure that if she "could not sing" she would not be on the show!!! She is just not your style!!! Stop assuming that your taste is the one that everybody else SOULD have!!!

April 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. dilberto

I will miss the Tourette's kid. Next week Casey grunts so hard he shoots a turd at randy, while the big-headed kid with the deep voice stretches for a second note.

April 15, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  18. missippi

I was hoping theu would vote off snooki. She really isnt a great singer.

April 15, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  19. Dixick

I'm having a hard time predicting the overall winner. Shouldn't be Scotty though as he just imitates country singers. I call him "Parrot Boy". His swagger drives me nuts. Get over yourself, Scotty. You're 16.

April 15, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. Nelly

Stephano should not go! It should be Casey, up against Hailey you could see he was the weaker link. Better yet, Scotty who looks like he's taking a poo when he sings! Plus he holds his microphone like a flute..what is up with that guy?? i spose Jacob would be a good one to go too!!

April 15, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  21. spoiler alert

well only a few more to go before AI is done for the season! Hurry up already and send them all home. just stop this nonsense, please!

April 14, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • stereogirl

Why bother to comment? You are a silly individual.

April 15, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • kim

You don't have to be part of 'the nonsense' as you call it. Nobody is forcing you to watch AI soooo get lost!

April 15, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  22. dorrie

paul is still a wiiner. with his beautiful smile, personality and great talent he can go far. hang in there paul.

April 14, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ange

Next should be Hayley, then Jacob.. the rest all should be there. Paul should have gone long ago

April 14, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Lindy

Yep, I called it too. I like Paul and think someone will grab him up with a contract. He has a really unique voice but the winner was not to be.

April 14, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Caroline

I am so glad Paul finally is gone, he irritated the heck out of me with his Rod Stewart imitation. What I have realized though from reading others comments is that I am old school, grew up with the original, whereas young people today may have never heard Stewart before so to them this is unique and special. But is poor imitation of voice and swagger just never passed the mustard, nothing unique or original in my book. Go to youtube and check out the original in the older clips. You might see what I mean.

April 15, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  25. commenter

It's going to be Scotty, James and probably Lauren for the top three sadly.

April 14, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Cathy

Stephano needs to go.........very boring guy. This year has been the best selection, no doubt about it and I credit that to Jennifer and Stephen. Randy is great but Jennifer and Stephen have made a major improvement to the selection. I think it will now come down to Scottie and Lauren.........and I think Lauren will win......

April 14, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  27. dpbfeb

I'm thinking Casey or Jacob

April 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  28. KayBrown

Next to go...... is Jacob.

April 14, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

I hope so too!

April 15, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
    • ned smith

Kay, Are you watching the same show I am?? Jacob is the most magnificent singer out there! If you think Jacob is "next to go", does that mean you think the likes of Haley, Stefano and Lauren are better singers than him???

April 15, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • JDM

Next to go is a toss up between Jacob and Stefano. Jacob is a gospel singer, and a decent one. His flamboyant ways are sickening though. Stefano should have been gone a while ago – well before Pia. Don't look for Haley to leave just yet. Her duet with Casey last night showed why Casey's weeks on the show are numbered as well. He too should have gone before Pia. If Paul could sing Rod Stewart every week he would have made it much closer to the finals. Other than that though, his departure was overdue.

April 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Connor

i just went on vote for the worst and one guy is going to pick who is the worst now and show his/her picture. who will you pick? i picked stefano!

April 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Moose

I think it will be Jacob who goes next.

April 15, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kaylie

i think jacob is next to go i can't stand his ego

scotty is going to win the whole show he's crazy talented!

April 15, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lynette

I hope it is Haley! That would be long overdue!

April 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Hmmm...

Next, stephano. Well the young ladies will prob keep him in. Between Hailey & Jacob. See how they do next week. C-ya Paul !

April 14, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |