A magical marriage: 'Potter' co-stars to tie the knot
April 14th, 2011

A magical marriage: 'Potter' co-stars to tie the knot

Ah, supernatural love: "Harry Potter" and "Twilight Saga" actor Jamie Campbell Bower and his "Potter" co-star Bonnie Wright have announced that they are engaged.

Bower plays Caius in the "Twilight" movies and Gellert in the last two "Potter" installments, while Wright stars as Ginny Weasley in the film adaptations of the best-selling series.

The very private couple has been together since 2009, but didn’t let the public know until February 2010. Bower confirmed the engagement recently when talking with The Daily:

“I’m engaged. I’m very happy,” said Bower. “It’s a wonderful, wonderful time.”

As for planning the wedding, we’re in the dark again. The only thing Bower said was, “We are, but I won’t say when and I won’t say where … or how.”

And we’re not really sure what that means.

But surely with the flick of a wand, these two could have the wedding together in no time.

1. Karen

hope it works for them.

May 13, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MIKE!!

When I read the headline, i thought all my chances with Emma Watson were over... Happy to report, I still have a 1% chance!! lol

May 11, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JPX

They are way too young. Expect this marriage to end within 18 months.

May 11, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Heather L

Um you could add that he is the star of of the hit show Camelot on the Starz network; hell, i didn't even know he was in Potter (and ew, twilight teenybopper yuk,) so yeah could have mentioned that show... idiot writers.

May 11, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bill Kilpatrick

Very private couples are a wonderful rarity. I'd say I'd like to see more of that but I guess it would be a contradiction in terms.

May 7, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Stacy

He looks like a man. I love her lipstick!

May 5, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. anne

He has more credits than just the tedious Twilights stuff. He was Anthony in Sweeney Todd and also is Arthur in Camelot on Starz. he can sing and act.

May 5, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ayin

I think this is amazing! Wow, so many haters here.
    This is fantastic! I can't believe she's getting married!
    Gosh... feels just like yesterday she was super young. *Thinking back to HP1 & HP2*

My gosh! Ginny & Caius!! LOL~ Sweet~~
    May they have a strong, happy, and peaceful marriage with each other now and forever!
    Congratulations!! :D

May 1, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tom

Bonnie Wright, all that makeup doesn't look good and it can't be healthy. You look great without it anyway.

April 27, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. loveisintheair

Bonnie really has blossomed into a beauitful girl. Especially considering Emma's mullet is making her seem more and more homely as time goes on.

April 21, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo Pley

Emma does not have a mullet! She just made an unfortunate hair choice. Thankfully, once she realized she looked like a teenage boy, she decided to grow it out as fast as she can. Once her confidence in her appearance has returned, I'm sure she's going to go back to college.

April 21, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • anne

what a sad, stupid comment. Her hair is awesome, elegant and timely. No mullet so where are your eyes? Pixie cut just like Morena Bacarin on V. Very nice.

May 5, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Susan

OH MY GOODNESS! She is 20 years old, he is 22. This is not a fairy tale, this is a horror movie. They are both looking for publicity in their faltering so-called careers. Dating for 2 whole years! WOW, I know in the biz 2 years is like a lifetime, but come on, this is nuts.

Guaranteed this will end before they both hit 25.

April 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

If it was publicity, they'd be talking about each other all the time. This is the first time Jamie's mentioned her to the public in the 2 years they've been dating. Publicity this isn't.

April 21, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHH

Faltering careers? Bonnie is due to film another movie in June and Jamie is currently starring in Camelot and has another movie coming out soon.

April 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Carrie

I thought it was a picture of two women! The guy looks like a "natural beauty" who is not wearing any make-up.

April 21, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ugh

That girl wear more lbs. of cosmetics than grandma's corpse at the funeral home.

young ladies...you're only young for a very short time...don't be afraid to show your naked youth

April 21, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. John

Amazing. Even in this day and age an English actor still has bad teeth.

April 20, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Donnie

I give it 6 months.

April 20, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Craig

I seriously doubt this headline. The guy's had a bit part in two of the eight movies, and in his first appearance, he's there for...maybe ten seconds. That does not make him a "star" in any way. Bonnie has been in all eight, and is indeed a central character. Whatever else he might have done, he's not a "star" in the Harry Potter movies!

April 20, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  17. teamhermione

Good Lord, the Brits are ugly.

April 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. marie

Ginny/Grindelwald??

April 19, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  19. dani_defenestrate

noooo, Ginny!! Don't marry Grindlewald!!!!!!! Nooooo!!!

April 19, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  20. crafashion.com gucci prada lv chanel fashion

crafashion.com

April 18, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  21. PhilG.

ANNULMENT-PETRONAS!!!!

In a week..

April 17, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Shukura

Why do they look so OLD? I thought they were in the early twenties but they both look like they are over 40! Yikes!

April 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • LMNOP

Practicing witchcraft adds 20 years to your appearance.

April 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo Pley

Well, they can't all be like Emma Watson and look like 16-year-old Justin Bieber.

April 21, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rood

Tom Felton looks 40 as his hairline recedes back further and further and Emma Watson is now a 12 year old boy, with both the body and hairstyle to match. I don't think looks are the Potter casts strong point. Bonnie Wright's hot though. I just hope she never shaves her head like Watson.

April 21, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  23. No Doubt

I don't even remember him in the HP films. Tons of time without lines probably helped develop the relationship. She looks way older with that red lipstick, but without it she looks younger than he does.

April 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Lu

I guess he didn't know he would be getting his picture taken for Millions to see... so he doesn't bother to brush his teeth... UGH!!! YUCK!

April 17, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  25. Ituri

I don't get all the mean comments about how old she looks. You think she's going to look like a movie character in real life? I also think she's got on way too much makeup, thats why she looks older here, but come on people. Its FANTASY, remember? Movie magic? The make-up room? Ginny doesn't exist, she's played by an actress who is likely NOTHING like the character she portrayed.

April 17, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Esther

Zdraveite,podkrepiam izcialo whtaasa iniciativa i shte pomagam s kakvoto moga. Namiram situaciata po otnoshenie na registraciata na .bg domaini prosto obsurdna Tova e porednata proiava na tesno mislene i borba za niakakvo nadmoshtie koeto realno ne sashtestvuva..Az sam s vas.Shte dobavia nowina i banner na moia sait i skoro na vsichki ostanali saitove koito poddarjam..Davaite v sashtia duh.Do skoroS uvajenieDesislav Milatinovtreworx Corp.

March 17, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  26. Dan Del Aguaro

lol I like the line:
    And we’re not really sure what that means.
    It means they want it private and family only, not for you blood suckers get in on it.

April 16, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Peace

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she end up w/ Harry in the movie? "Read the book" confused me. Didn't Ron & Hermoine end up together, as well? Don't their kids all go to Hogwarts? Feel free to set me straight if I'm wrong.

April 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gena

I thought so too. Now I am gonna have to be a nerd and look.

April 18, 2011 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Read the Book

That was my point...
      I was implying that the person who resopded was correct...might not have worded it well..

April 18, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • VastlyAmused

Yes, yes, and yes to your questions.

Stop picking on the teeth. I have a lot of British friends and their dental hygiene is not that bad, but the water is HARD with a lot of lime (not the fruit) in it, which does hurt their teeth.

April 21, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christiana

April 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  28. garm

"The very private couple has been together since 2009," umm... HAVE been together...?

April 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • grammarpolice

if they are speaking about a couple, then the word couple is singular and then "has" is appropriate. "The couple has been together since 2009...". If they named them individually then have is the correct form. "Jamie and Bonnie have been together..."

April 17, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. GOD

DIVORCE

April 16, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jess

wow, I didn't realise Bonnie was already 20! I keep thinking of her as little Ginny–she looks so different! And Jamie is quite hot! Good for them, I'm happy for them both. How magical! hahaha :)

April 15, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Mijan

I just hope nobody tries to write crossover fic from this.

April 15, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Superhiro

Lol Vixen, how ever did you determine that those initial comments weren't actually from me? They were sooooooo convincing :|

April 15, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. smoothie

gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 15, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  34. smoothie

you need to see jamie bower in camelot, an original series on starz. FREAKIN AWESOME. He plays a young king arthur.

April 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • jheron

I'll have to disagree. I think he was sorely miscast as Arthur. I hope him the best with his career, but I have not enjoyed Camelot that much compared with most other period pieces partially because of the writing and partially because of the casting. It also lacks an epic feel to it. These are the most powerful people in England and it feels like only a hand full of people are in this world. Maybe it has gotten better from episode 2...I certainly hope so.

April 25, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. @MrsFizzy

Ummmm, yeah, with Harry. Go ahead bad mouth me, IDC! I'll be the 1 laughing after you see last movie!! Have you figured out who Ron W ends up with? Want me to ruin that, too?

April 15, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • read the book

why oh why would anyone who has not read these lovely books presume to make assumptions about who the characters end up with. It was obvious for YEARS who she was going to match up, I seem to remember her using the phrase "anvil sized hints" The movie bluured that line a little.... but still, it is pretty obvious. If you have not read the books I suggest you do so you are truly missing out!!

April 15, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • IHC

Mrs. Fizzy,
      If you're a Harry Potter fan and have read the books, you would know that Harry marries Ginny who is Ron's sister. Ron marries Hermione.

April 19, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. British Lime!

He's not doing any favors for the Keep Britain Smiling! campaign. Look at that Fort Knox Vault for a mouth. Wonder how much Yellow Gold is in there?!

April 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  37. MrsFizzy

OK they are "co-stars" but you only saw him for a few seconds in the last film – blink and you missed him with no idea who he was supposed to be – and in the next one it will just a flashback & the characters have no scenes together. Anyway all the best to them!

April 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ag

They arent co-stars, she is a co-star to daniel radcliffe, this guy isnt a co-star to anybody because he didnt star in the movie. You would think a celebrity gossip site would know what co-star meant. Anything to get clicks. Pathetic.

May 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Evel Knievel

It looks like he's standing next to his mom.

April 15, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Yikes

She looks 35.

April 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  40. wow

Wright looks so grown-up! She turned into a lovely young woman.

April 15, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  41. missippi

Down here in Missippi we dont cotton to no devil witchcraft harry potter nonsense. If that harry potter was to come around here we would make him get a dang haircut. Dang hippy.

April 15, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Mrs.T

@missippi – you sir, are a hershey-mo.

April 15, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Here in Boston, we call people like you "Half brainer's" because people who refuse to learn, use only half their brain.

April 16, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nik

Hey Boston..."use only half their brain." Really? Oh, that's right, you're from Boston. We call you people loudmouth idiots.

April 17, 2011 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

I would think someone with more than half-a-brain could recognize a troll.

April 18, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Mexico

Hey hombre, quiere comprar unas naranjas y beber un poco de tequila por un tiempo? No hay nada en marcha, es hora de seista, creo que

April 19, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Not from Mississippi

@ Nik

Where I'm from we learn that and 's does NOT pluralize. It would be "no brainers" not "no brainer's", next time you insult someone's ability to learn maybe you should do it yourself. That said, anti-intellectual bible thumpers aren't my go to source for knowledge either.

April 19, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Not in Mississippi

SO sorry Nik.

I meant @ Jo.

April 19, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Spundy DerWondermonkey

I didn't think that most folks from Mississippi could spell, but you can't even get the name of your state right.
      -I remember you... Didn't you play the mother of the banjo playing kid in Deliverance?

April 26, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • nacho mama

No, but y'all in Mrs. Ippi think it's okay to take a picture of your "thang" and send it to a female that isn't your wife. What would Mr. Ippi think of that?

May 6, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  42. dtcpr

ANyone else think it looks like he's out with a much older woman?? I didn't even realize that was the actress that plays Ginny!

April 15, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

She does look really mature! I thought it was the actress who plays Lily for a second.

April 15, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gena

"Much" older? Not really, just a lot of make-up, but he has the whole "Charlie Bucket" think going on in this pic. lol.

April 18, 2011 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  43. Vernacular

He's got a major trollface goin

April 15, 2011 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
  44. Beautiful Vixen

We all know that you are not the real Superhiro. Keep it cool guys and don't be like that with just anyone. Enjoy your night.

April 15, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  45. huh?

Someone touch a nerve here? Nobody really cares, so don't fret.

April 15, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  46. spoiler alert

who cares? leave them alone!

April 14, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Hmmm...

Wierd, seems like she should be w/ Harry ! Only in the movies, I guess ! LOL !

April 14, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

With Harry?? Try again... (wonder how/if that will be handled in the movie).

April 15, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Apple6

Both movies have already been made ( HP 7 part 1 and part 2), so there's not much to "handle"

April 17, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Logic

Pretty sure Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) plays for the other team...

April 20, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • oh

I heard Richard Dawkins has been chicken hawking poor twink Radcliffe.

April 21, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • OHmom

***SPOILER ALERT***

IF you haven't read book 7 then you have no clue that in the end Hermione weds Ron and Ginny weds Harry... Read up before July 15th...

May 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Superhiro

Wish he wasnt off the market already. At least a guy can dream . . . .

April 14, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |