'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Has 'Idol' saved J.Lo, or has J.Lo saved 'Idol'?
April 13th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Has 'Idol' saved J.Lo, or has J.Lo saved 'Idol'?

Did you hear that People magazine has named Jennifer Lopez the World's Most Beautiful Woman?! Not bad for someone who, just last year, had a floundering music and movie career and was barely a blip on the celebrity radar.

These days, Jennifer Lopez is at the top of her game thanks to her gig as a sensitive, emotional judge on “American Idol.” But let’s face it – J.Lo isn’t the only one benefiting from it! “American Idol’s” having a great season after last year’s mess – ratings are strong since “Jenny from the Block” got on board.

I think J.Lo is a GREAT addition to the judges panel. She really cares, and it shows! Also, Lopez has never looked better and she is having one heck of a year. Congratulations to her!

So I’m asking today: Has “American Idol” saved J.Lo or has J.Lo saved “American Idol”? What do you think? Tell me below.

Here are some other big stories we’re fired up about on the show today…

Has Charlie Sheen been banned from “Two and a Half Men” for good, and what's up with Justin Bieber’s Israel controversy?

See you live at 5 p.m. ET and 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. ORIGINAL DIVA FALL DOWN GO BOOM AGAIN

its time for a rest....

April 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE

THE WORDS WERE TRUE...BUT WHO I WAS SAYING IT TOO WAS THE DASHBOARD....DON'T SHE LOOK LIKE A FOOL....

April 4, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ORIGINAL DIVA FALL DOWN GO BOOM AGAIN

do we have the original .......all different dates and pertains too my FAKE PHONE CALL in the car

April 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Margaret

I love jlo she's my idol

April 4, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE...

jlo is loving, affectionate and that's another reason why they become obsessed-allllllllllll the effort she puts in too
    make it all work-its very intense when she means it.

April 4, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. 50 DIVA IN THE HOUSE...

DAZ WHY DE GET OBSESSED CUZ IT STAYS THERE....KAPEESH

April 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE

DAZ WHY DA MAN STAY UP...CUZ OF 50

April 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE...

DAZ WHY THEY GET OBSESSED WITH 50...

April 4, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE-- CAN YOU DANCE LIKE THAT

I CAN...

April 4, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE ... CAN YOU DO THAT VIDEO

WAITING FOR TONIGHT.....I CAN

April 4, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. 50 DIVA IN CHARGE....

CAN'T WAIT TOO SINGLE THIS TOO YOU KNOW WHO...

April 4, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Time to get undressed these clothes are too confining

April 4, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. I would like too see steven tyler shower naked

yea

April 4, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. That woman on the left is HIDEOUS !!!

yikes -

April 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Head Diva Flopped Again

lmao

April 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Tyler is and older guy but he can bang.

April 4, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. JLO

Jlo has great boobs too

April 4, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jujubeans

I'd like to see her give us a Sharon Stone leg cross! ( V )

September 11, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. moon627

JLo is a beautiful woman but not natural – its pretty phony with all the fake hair and makeup but she keeps fit and works hard at the beauty routine so kudos for that ... but as an AI judge she's as useless as the rest of them.

She started out pretty good but i think she is listening to her hubby Marc Anthony too much because now she's starting to babble alot of nonsense similar to the way Paula used to do. All the judges offer encouragement but little criticism so theres not much point in having them.

I think JLo would be a distant memory without AI ... if she had turned down the judges spot she would definitely not be on the cover of People magazine !

April 14, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • She's not a phoney...She's very natural all over...

and shaved this morning

April 4, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. B lo me

Btw i dont believe anyone is jealous of j lo she has 8 albums 1 hit and a boat load of crapy movies who is jealous of that lmao!!!!!!!!

April 14, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  21. B lo me

@Everyone idol has had its run j lo cant save it

April 14, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  22. B lo me

head thief in charge u r the dumbest mf in the world

April 14, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. B lo me

@head *iva on the corner u must be the dumbest a**crack in the world

April 14, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  24. Wilbur Hathaway

I've always loved her & rejoice in her success! AI is a silly/contrived show that clearly is VERY lucky to have a pro of her caliber on board.

April 14, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Wilbur Hathaway

If there's any justice in the Universe,J-Lo's next project will be starring in the remake of 1968's Barbarella.The role she was born for. Save the mankind w/your "love",Jenny fromt he Bronx. XXOO

April 14, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  25. Head Diva In Charge

@ B lo me..were you in the er for a brain transplant?

April 13, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Head Diva In Charge

@Laura..seriousl..what does age have to do with this? Do you think people of her age and older should crawl into a hole and die? I bet she looks better than you at your age now and when you get to be her age. I'm not even a fan of J Lo. Seriously..s t f u about age! I have seen women in their 50's that looks better than some of girls that's in their 20's . I bet you are a fat piggy and you must be sitting at home right now chowing down on ring dings and cup cakes.

April 13, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dprang

This age talk is stupid. Tyler is an experienced performer, which was never part of American Idol in past years.
      Jlo is experienced as well, although I agree not as strong...but she is a music lover and that much is very clear.
      For those commenting negatively on her talent and age...I say that smacks of jealousy. She is fun to look at and I like her comments.

It seems to me there are alot of Idol bashers who continually lament they will never watch idol again due to Simon and Pia. Do these same people ever accept change and eliminations by votes?

This is music done hollywood style and I am glad I am finallly hooked on watching. Yes, I am a rock fan, hence my interest in watching (Tyler & James)

April 14, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Hi

did you enjoy the ride?

April 4, 2013 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • 50 DIVA IN CHARGE

Do you watch TV naked?

April 4, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. @thejones

u must be the only fan unless you are a fan of her butt dont feel bad i like to see it jiggle myself marc anthony not smacking it right not like i can

April 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Steve

How can you say J-Lo is not gorgeous?Are you people blind?

April 13, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Laura

I have mixed feelings about Jennifer Lopez. I stopped liking her years ago when it became obvious she was a self absorbed diva without that much talent as either an actor or singer but who had achieved fame and fortune for doing both. She seemed very phony, pretending to be Jenny on the Block. I definitely have liked her better since she has been on Idol as she seems sincere and does give good advice. However, she needs to accept her age at some point and not put out videos trying to compete for the teenage dance club market. Someone needs to tell her she is past that
    age! I prefer Steven Tyler. But they all need to give more constructive advice on actually being a pop star, not just singing well.

April 13, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Hanover Fist

The only thing good about AI is how great it feels when I change the channel. Without Simon, it bites!

April 13, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jose

i agree with you 100 percent sunshine girl. she has a big fatt ugly behind and front to match. plus she is a puertorikky.

April 13, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jose

neither. both are yucky.

April 13, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  33. B lo me

@sunshine girl* it wasnt to good today spent all morning in the er. that being said yea it is big but that doesnt matter when she is this stuck up untalented actress and singer with the delusion she is more than what she is an glorified dancer she makes me sick!!!!!!!!!

April 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sunshine Girl *

@B lo me...Hi! How are you today? Good I hope. I saw that little comment about J Los butt. Funny! Boy, yall men sure are fixated on it. I can see why. Cant hardly miss it, its sooo big! (Smile)

April 13, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  35. mike masters

More cowbell!

April 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  36. thejones

Good for jenny she has stayed true to herself and fans. in twenty years when we are watching her and people are saying how come she still looks so good , she'll be able to say I DID EVERYTHING THEY TOLD ME NOT TO DO lol lol u go girl ai saved her as much as she saved ai . Simon made a good bussiness choice that's what he DO'S lol smart gifted man. Maybe we should have more of his kind in Washington ,oh no that's another story but what a thought good business in WASHINGTON lol lol lol Like i said good for you jen

April 13, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  37. B lo me

J lo has a new album due to release next month lmao!! i heard a few seconds of the 1st single and i still havent stopped laughing

April 13, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sum of Squares

A How-To on Songwriting: "The Line Keeps Repeating"

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTjjVWmCenM&w=640&h=390]

April 13, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  39. B lo me

P diddy signed her nonsinging a** to his label 1 of the worst signing evershows u what thinking with the head that stink gets u

April 13, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • 50 DIVA IN CHARGE...

JEN CAN DO THAT THROUGH MOTION PICTURES–IMAGE UP CLOSE?...SHEESH THAT POOR BOY

April 4, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  40. say what

" People magazine has named Jennifer Lopez the World's Most Beautiful Woman"... why?

April 13, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. B lo me

Idol cant save the dead

April 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. whisper

"People magazine has named Jennifer Lopez the World's Most Beautiful Woman?!"

I guess the people over @ people magazine are blind?

April 13, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  43. @B lo me

Totally agree. She's so overrated and so full of herself it's sickening.

April 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • 50 DIVA IN CHARGE

I'M SORRY TOO DISAGREE WITH YOU...JLO HAS A PERFECT RATING

April 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. B lo me

The question is y j lo a judge in a singing competion she cant sing her best movie was enough and that movie sucked the lil fame she had went to her head (she so called forget the producer that gave her the 1st break when she was cast as a fly girl on in living color) now she's back for a 2nd 15 mins thats y jamie fox spilled the beans her backstage name was hey h* best thing bout her is that butt oh she can dance but singing and acting lmao!!!

April 13, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. LoJenkins

AI Exposed!!!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

April 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Hmmm...

The only thing that will save Idol is to change how they take votes. I think DWTS is close. Allow so many calls per phone, but, leave the judges out of the voting! Just my opinion.

April 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Quantavious Smith

The answer to that dumb question is NEITHER. Both SUCK!

April 13, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kanye West

I wanna smear my doo doo all over Randy Jacksons white teeth.

PS...George Bush hates white people.

April 14, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jake

That explains why you are reading this and taking the time to comment. Somebody is in denial about their obsession!

April 14, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |