Bradley Cooper in talks for 'The Crow' remake
April 13th, 2011

Bradley Cooper in talks for 'The Crow' remake

Bradley Cooper may have found the perfect chaser for "The Hangover Part II": a starring role in the upcoming remake of "The Crow."

Entertainment Weekly reports that Cooper is being eyed to portray the supernatural crime fighter in director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo's adaptation of the cult '80s comic book.

Cooper would play Eric Draven, a rock musician who is murdered while trying to save his wife from attackers. After Draven is resurrected, he seeks vengeance on his killers.

Brandon Lee starred in the popular 1994 film adaptation of "The Crow," and tragically died on set after a prop gun misfired.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Mark Wahlberg was in talks for Fresnadillo's remake, but the deal fell through, leaving the role open for Cooper.

What do you think of Cooper being cast in "The Crow"?

1. kawkawbangf*@kimdead

James O'Barr's original books followed the crow (the bird, not the man) through different stories involving the tragic death of loved ones where the soul was brought ,by the crow, to right the wrongs. Several stories spanning from females in the future to farmers in the 1800's were told with one constant....the crow. Another chapter of the story, in this regard, would be acceptable. A reboot of the 1994 film is a horrible idea. Even the original film was poorly translated from page to film. A remake starring anyone, would be a mistake.

April 28, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. Tatiana

If I had my choice I would say Stuart Townsed for example or Collin Farrel.

Bradley Cooper would be a tragedy as the crow

Sincerely, Nobody will ever be able to make this character as well as Brandon Lee

April 18, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. Miraja

Don't get me wrong....I LOVE Bradley Cooper...I do. But he doesn't have that balance of darkness and light. Its hard shoes to fill but it can be done. Johnny Depp is too Johnny Depp and Mark Wahlberg can't do it justice(Love him too!) but really, I think Jason Behr or someone like that MIGHT pull it off....sigh..I hope they don't ruin this movie like every other remake. Some things should be left alone.

April 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. SLWChantilly

Bradley Cooper actually has the right nose for a crow. Look, he is a seasoned actor who is capable of this character's darkness. Interesting choice by the studio, producers and actor.

April 14, 2011 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. Manna

I absolutely love The Crow movies! However, looking at Bradley's face, I can't see him as The Crow. I'm trying to put The Crow makeup on his face in my mind, and its not working for me. Besides, it seems a little too soon to be re-making The Crow. That, and its time for Raven to get her turn. We've had 4 male Crows, let's move on to the girl now!

April 13, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aileen

HEY THAT IS MY IDEA.BUT RIGHT IT WOULD BE COOL FOR THE MVIE TO CONTINUE TO A GIRL, NOT A REMAKE

April 13, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hanover Fist

Another re-re-re-make? Have all the writers gone on strike again? Why must this idiocy contine?

April 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. remi

I got a better remake for ya since Hollywood loves regurgitating crap. Remake Star Wars and have Ryan Seacrest star as Luke Skywalker! Absurd you say, ya just as absurd as remaking the crow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 13, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mike masters

More cowbell!

April 13, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jayman419

The Crow was based on a comic book, that was turned into a serial. The main character overall was the bird, who accompanied different people on their way. The other movies were based on the other comics, with different deaders.

Remaking The Crow to be closer to the original comic book wouldn't be bad, but with all movies today going "darker and grittier" and a lot of people being unfamiliar with it beyond Brandon Lee, I'm afraid it will get a lot of bad press. The Brandon Lee version was awesome, and a great attempt at a mainstream comic movie, especially given its source. But I wouldn't mind seeing the real deal.

Did you think "gay cowboy" when you saw the Joker?

April 13, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Thomas

Remake it but name it something else. Nobody will know. Just call it THE GOPHER or something cool like THE EMU

April 13, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. itsame

bradley cooper is too pretty to play a rocker

April 13, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Crowfail

The Crow is terrible. Remake will fail.

April 13, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Loved TheCrow

Weren't the sequels bad enough. Absolutely NO NEED for a remake, I agree w/Crow Fan.

April 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Crow Fan

Worst. Idea. Ever. Let The Crow rest in peace along with Brandon Lee. And Hollywood execs, get your collective heads out of your rear ends.

April 13, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Superhiro

Not only should they not remake this film, but Bradley Cooper is probably the worst possible choice to star in it. Another fail on Hollywood's part.

April 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Thomas

Mr. Hankey would be perfect for this part ! He is an amazing actor and entertainer. His darker side would be perfect !

April 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Dave

Umm, how is it a remake when they already have 3 other versions/stories? Ha wouldn't those count as the remakes?

April 13, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. candice

I love Bradley & I love The Crow, but NEVER should these two meet.
    Brandon Lee is & always will be the only Eric Draven in my eyes. The sequels sucked & so would any sad attempt at a remake.

April 13, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. I'm Hungry!

FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!

April 13, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. I'm Hungry!

Don't remake this movie. They can't replace Brandon Lee. Hollywood is smoking too much crack that's why they can't come up new movies.

April 13, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Snacklefish

Pass.

April 13, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. TinTin

I don't like Eric Draven. I think he's mean.

April 13, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jessica @ work

Idiots in Hollywood: most movies do NOT need to be remade! I won't be going to see this one!

April 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Funboy

Eric Draven for president.

April 13, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jill

The Crow DOES NOT need a remake!!! This is one of my favorite movies and no one can top Brandon Lee's performance. Listen Hollwood...Stop, just stop. Come up with something new.

April 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • EDGARD

DAM LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHATS WRONG WITH YOU HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE ,YOU THINK ALL MOVIES NEED TO BE REMAKE,COME UP WITH YOUR OWN MOVIE!!

BRANDEN LEE WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE AND ONLY CROW

April 13, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  26. laura

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

April 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Heath Ledger

I in the great broke back mountain in the sky riding the rump range and gobblin down gooba

April 13, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. TIM

They can get someone better.. Someone that can play a darker character.. Too bad Heath is gone.. He would have been perfect..

April 13, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Thomas

When taken in the proper context, you will observe the protagonist in this film is loosely based on the immature observations of those posting on this and other blogs. I consider the constant remakes plaguing our society to be an observation on our society itself. Remaking a film is nothing but blatant plagerism. How can we expect the youth of today to have any original thoughts when they see plagerism at every corner ?

April 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Biff

Well, he'd be better than Wahlberg.

April 13, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. sgoodell07

uugghh...pass.

April 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Whip me Beat me Make me write bad checks

Seems this character The Crow could best be played by a Burr-Head.

April 13, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Z

Absoultely NOT....Bad pick...BAD FORM!!!! This is like picking Jason Statham to play in a sappy chick flick. Should not be done....any one else but him should play Eric Draven.

April 13, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe B.

Bradley Cooper would be horrible in my opinion, honestly there will never another Brandon Lee ever again. If I had my choice I would say Taylor Kitsch, for all who do not know Taylor he was (Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights-also remi lebeau aka Gambit in Wolverine. He has the natural hair fit for the role, the physique similiar to lee's Crow, and I believe he could play the part well.

April 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • tam

idoits, leave this movie alone, i agree there will only ever be on eric draven and that was brandon.. y, do they need to do a remake??? i love all four and they should just be left alone!!!

May 17, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |