Adele: I don't have time to worry about weight
April 13th, 2011

Adele: I don't have time to worry about weight

As image-driven as the entertainment business can be, Brit singer Adele says in the new issue of Rolling Stone that she'd rather keep the attention on her music.

While she has no problem with other artists showing off their style or physique, you won’t find the “Rolling in the Deep” songstress stripping down anytime soon.

"I love seeing Lady Gaga's boobs and bum. I love seeing Katy Perry's boobs and bum. Love it,” Adele says. “But that's not what my music is about. I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears."

Besides, she says, focusing on her looks or fluctuating weight isn't really her thing, anyway.

"My life is full of drama and I won't have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like," the 22-year-old tells Rolling Stone. "I don't like going to the gym. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even if I had a really good figure, I don't think I'd get my [T&A] out for no one."

She will be getting her, um, “A” out on tour this summer, even though the idea of performing still makes her sick with stage fright.

"I'm scared of audiences," she admits. "One show in Amsterdam I was so nervous I escaped out the fire exit. I've thrown up a couple of times. Once in Brussels I projectile vomited on someone. I just gotta bear it. But I don't like touring. I have anxiety attacks a lot."

Read the full interview with Adele in Rolling Stone when the issue hits newsstands on April 15.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Linda

She's a fat slob. I can't stand the sight of her. Apparently the pig can get knocked up by married men..

August 2, 2013 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. CrossCountry

I wonder if any of the men commenting on here are overweight? Probably. I wonder how many of you have fat wives or girlfriends? Probably quite a few.

Adele is beautiful and so his her voice. She should maintain a healthy weight so that she can be healthy NOT so that you approve of her appearance.

February 26, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Alessandro

This is why all of you haters will continue watching "America's got talent", 'cause you don't have ears, you just have dead eyes and your only desire is to see pathetic stereotypes. Close yourselves into the gym and let talented artists like Adele make some good music for the rest of us.

February 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. thetruth

Call her fat all you want, but she will always be happier and wealthier than you.

July 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bjorn Vildermaars

Yes, because we all know a singing career brings happiness. /sarcasm

August 16, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. wikilinks

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not believe just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

June 6, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

She's fat, might be an OK singer, but to say she has no time to watch her weight is BS. Gwen Stefani , not the singer big ole Adele might be, but certainly much more busy than the sloth Adele.

July 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Petey

Adele is WAY too fat.... she has no respect for her body and I have no respect for her. How does she wash between all the folds?? She doesn't! And that's why Fat chicks just really smell!!!

April 21, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. missprissy

You idiots must not realize the]at tons of the greatest singer were not the prettiest or the skinniest and all that mattered was the music, passion and pure raw talent

July 13, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  8. missprissy

I totally AGREE! People on here really need to know what real talent...hell check her out on youtube she is gorgeous. Oh I'm sorry you have to be 1 size up from anorexic to be beautiful and of course you guys don't know who she is because I guarantee you think Rihanna, Brittany Spears, and Lady Gaga are true artists. Huh I swear I should of been born in the 80's for goodness sake smdh!

July 13, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jules

Holy crap, there are some shallow, rude people on here.

April 15, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Paco

I bet Fatdele has a huge gut with lint and potato chip crumbs in her belly button.

April 15, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • CrossCountry

...and I bet you know all about that don't you Paco? Why don't you get your hand out of the pringles container and get a life.

February 26, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. julie

Zinger... because she has time to eat?? Good grief.

Adele is definitely husky particularly in comparison to what our society seems to believe that celebrities need to look like (even celebrities who aren't supposed to be celebrities because of their looks – like singers, etc.).

Her talent and beauty is totally undeniable. I think the hilarity is that there seems to be so much conversation about her weight. Are WE truly that shallow? We can't appreciateor (in reflection of the majority of comments here) even acknowledge talent without it being part of a Playboy model?

How about the audience grows up. If we don't we sure don't deserve to even have access to talent like this.

April 14, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mimi2010

I saw her live when her first CD was just released.. Was nice small club . What amazed me she was only 19 at that time and the audience was average mid 30's . She totally captavated everyone . To hear her sing live with no autotunes, lipsynching or any of that false manufacted music was truly a night i will never forget. I knew and the audience knew we were witnessing a true future star.

April 14, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. portalpunk

Adele says she has no time to worry about her weight,..... but she has plenty of time to eat to much. kind of funny if you think about it.

April 14, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. LBWl

I just listened to some of her music and I must say that she is good. She is also rather heavy, but she is so pretty. I hope she makes copious amounts of money and keeps making music.

April 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

She doesn't have time to worry about her weight. Apparently she has time to eat though... ZINGER!

April 14, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. suebee

haaaa – if she looked like the rear end of a bus she'd be singing a different tune! Still shallow.

April 14, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Michelle

She is setting a wonderful example that we should all follow. Besides, my goddness she is gorgous! She must be very strong and secure about herself, something I wish I had.

April 14, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Marta

With that face and that hair...who needs to lose weight?

April 14, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • kburnach

Couldn't agree more. I think she is stunning, and with a killer voice.

April 14, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

That is a stylized and photoshopped cover shot. It does't look much like the real person. I think Adele is lovely, as well as gifted with a gorgeous voice. She has been quite large at times during her performing career, which is why the subject of weight came up. She tends to be plump even when her weight is down, but that's part of her look.

April 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Head Diva In Charge

Who is this b***h? Is she that county singer that won so many awards or what have you?

April 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • kittle

check her out on youtube, she is FANTASTIC!!!! not country at all, very soulful!

April 14, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  20. madamesiamese

I have been a fan of Adele's ever since her first album and the girl is talented. She doesn't need to be a size 0 and naked in pictures– I mean, fine if others do it, but she is doing well without all of that. She makes quality music and she seems to have a cool personality. If she wants to lose weight, she will–until such time, it's no one's business.

April 13, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Hanover Fist

NO COWBELL. GO TO HE11, MIKE MASTERS!

April 13, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. itsame

bravo, now THIS is how a real role model looks..without the vomiting of course

April 13, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. doug

who is adele?

April 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • kburnach

Oh Doug youtube one of her videos, she is so talented. She has an incredible voice.

April 14, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. LBW

Ten years from now she will have to worry. Enjoy it while it lasts.

April 13, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ouch

Burn.

April 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Vomit Boy

I can understand this. Sometimes I get nervous and vomit a mouthfull but have learned to hold it and swallow it back down.

April 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Superhiro

Yea seriously, that is nasty.

April 13, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Hmmm...

I hope you did something nice for the poor person you threw up on! Ewwwww, so gross !

April 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Porky Salad w/extra gravy

Adele is a fat pig. Lets hope she never disrobed as it could leave many blind.

April 15, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |