Tom Cruise trains with Axl Rose's vocal coach
April 11th, 2011

Tom Cruise trains with Axl Rose's vocal coach

Expect to see Tom Cruise wailing his way through "Rock of Ages." The actor is prepping for his role as aging, bad boy rocker Stacee Jaxx by training with Axl Rose's vocal coach.

"He's been studying with — seriously — Axl Rose's voice teacher like five hours a day," director Adam Shankman tells TheWrap. "The prognosis is more than excellent."

In fact, Shankman attended Cruise's first session and was so wowed by what he heard that the men actually high-fived.

"That was a big moment," explains Shankman. "That voice lesson where he opened up and suddenly let loose and was really great. The two of us in concert breathed a collective sigh of relief to the tune of dancing around his living room."

As Marquee previously reported, the '80s-set "Rock of Ages" tells the story of small-town girl Sherrie (Julianne Hough), who moves to Hollywood to be an actress. She takes a job at the Bourbon Room, owned by Dennis Dupree (Alec Baldwin), and catches the eye of Drew (Diego Gonzalez Boneta).

Drew gets Sherrie fired after she has an affair with Stacee Jaxx (Cruise), and she takes a job as a stripper at a gentleman's club owned by Justice (Mary J. Blige). Sherrie eventually gives up exotic dancing to find true love.

Are you looking forward to seeing Cruise rock out in "Rock of Ages"? Tell us in a comment below.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music • Tom Cruise

1. Ron Anderson

Axl Rose's vocal coach is Ron Anderson. You can actually study with him! His website is http://www.ronandersonvocals.com

May 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Knoxville pressure washing

I do believe all the ideas you have introduced in your post. They're really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for novices. May you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

April 13, 2012 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. Dave-O

Axl Rose mimic's the vocal coach to perfection did you know she is around 80 years old, this is not a joke it's a rock n roll fact.

April 11, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jscmedia

it always amuses me how people hid behind a keyboard and rip one of the biggst stars in the world for attempting to expand his talents. So maybe it will bomb, but something tells me it will do very well. Cruise is what he is. People can be so ugly and cruel, but not of course, to your face!

December 9, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. Maverick

GO CRUISER! YOU'RE EPIC!

May 11, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jessica @ work

Umm... who high-fives anymore without feeling like a complete jacka$$?
    And Axl Rose had a singing coach...?

April 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Roland~

I have enjoyed watching Tom Cruise's career as an Actor unfold. As someone from my age group, I enjoy watching the choices, some good and some bad that creatives such as Tom Cruise make. He is far better than youth talent that Hollyood is churning out these days. He is a better Actor than the choices he's mad lately. These newer so called Actor will not have the longevity the Tom has had, because Movie Star or not, he is actually an Actor. From Tap, The Outsiders until now. Nice Resume Tom!

April 12, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Yazhol

Axl Rose having a vocal coach is like that girl from Precious having a personal trainer. Neither coach seem to be doing their job!

April 12, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Chumlee

I can tell this is going to suck very, very bad.

April 12, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. jen

another movie i wont be going to see! tom cruise sucks...he's barely passable as an actor, tho i do give him props for born on 4th of july...but for the most part, he sucks and he's crazy...i dont dig crazy religious people which he certainly is... so thanks hollywood for making another movie i wont go see cuz you pick an awful actor

April 12, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • @jen

Your ignorant, pathetic, simple mind clearly hasn't seen Magnolia, Collateral, The Last Samurai, and the list is really long so.

Go sell your hatred on the street cuz WE LOVE TOM CRUISE and We will continue to enjoy his work. You are not welcome.

February 6, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. McMahan

Have to laugh at the comments about Roses voice. He's actually an incredible singer (although he has let it go as of late). He has tons of training and a mountain of technique. But if you have no idea what you're talking about, you'll probably say something unintelligent. I find it funny the name of the coach is not given, considering the list of people he's worked with. Blige also happens to be one of his students.

April 12, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  12. SickNick

Axl's voice coach is like Shaquille O'Neal's free throw shooting coach.

April 12, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. Niler Bing

So so so sick of Tom Cruise and the rest of overpaid and patheticly boring Hollywood. We need a new Hollywood with real actors.

April 12, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. Debbie Krause

Tom CruUse is SMEGMA!!!!

April 12, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. citizenUSA

I don't think they make stand-up microphones that short.

April 12, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Dead Diva In Charge

Tom C. is very creepy and so are Katie and Suri. The only movie i ever remember watching w him was Top Gun. He was good in that, but I do not like what ive heard or seen of his real life so I never bothered watching another of his movies. I love GnR. Axl doesnt have avoice but the lyrics and music, the rock n rollin rebellious feeling the music gives u is awesome. I never have heard Chinese Democ. Because i don't want to ruin the GnR love. so in both cases i quit 'em before they could disappoint me.

April 12, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  17. David

Sounds like a terrible movie. Almost like Showgirls meets Rockstar terrible.

April 12, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  18. Joe

Negativity.
    That's what the majority of these posts are about: spreading negativity. The posters are miserable wretches, have absolutely nothing going for them in the real world. They're lower middle-class, but dream (pretend) of being upper middle-class. Tom Cruise is a successful business. He's a millionaire. He lives a life that NONE of these people here could fathom. And they hate him for it.
    Projection.
    They're projecting their own miserable lives onto Tom Cruise's silver screen. They're the disfigured Tom in Vanilla Sky. Tom will always be the Top Gun.

April 12, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Crazy Waiter

Are you talking about yourself? Sounds like it. Sorry not jealous of in the closet scientologist bad acting dork. Money does not buy a person dignity or class. Cruise is stupid and silly.

April 12, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • tChron

@Joe: Is that you, Tom?

April 12, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  19. tChron

Cruise seems to be a fan of Guns 'N Roses. At least, he once showed up backstage to say hi to Slash. I hope Cruise will go all the way and wear a bucket on his head, wear worn out boots held together with gaffer tape, wear his hair in corn rows, and... what kind of name is Stacee Jaxx anyway?

April 12, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  20. tChron

Cruise seems to be a fan of Guns 'N Roses. At least, he once showed up backstage to say hi to Slash. I hope Cruise will go all the way and wear a bucket on his head, wear worn out boots held together with gaffer tape, wear his hear in corn rows, and... what kind of name is Stacee Jaxx anyway?

April 12, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  21. Cambob

April 11, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Monkeytoes Foxtrot

Hopefully his dance moves are better than Fergie's were when she did her "Axl Rose" dance at the Superbowl. His singing too... But, who am I kidding, I'm not going to see a Tom Cruise movie unless lots of stuff is blowing up. Pass.

April 11, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  23. llc

Happened accross the movie Knight and Day – and after watching it – for the first time in 20 years – or more – now love Tom Cruise – can't wait...

April 11, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. GnnColo

Yawn... way too many movie 'stars' are being 'coached' and think they can 'sing'. Puuuuleeeze...!!! Stick with acting.... sing in the shower, or with your rock&roll friends at their house...

The Cohn brothers dubbed Clooney's vocals for a REASON folks...

April 11, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. @N

shut up nerds!!!everyone knows he is gay!!!

April 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Az

No matter how many times I vomit over this ridiculous idea, it will never, ever be enough.

April 11, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. bostongye

Yes he's probably a little crazy, but certainly not the first rich and famous person to be so. And you can't deny his acting skills.

April 11, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Marie

Tom would have been fine, had he chosen to stick with acting and no try to pass himself off as a mental health expert. His diatribe against the use of anti-depression medications served only to show the world just how ignorant and closed-minded he, and his Scientology friends are.

April 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tom

Sounds like a real POS movie. I'll pass.

April 11, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. d

who in their right mind would admit to being Axl Rose's vocal coach?

April 11, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. J. Travolta

I think Tom and I need to revamp the movie and give it more of a Battlefield Earth feel. I will take Alec's place and my wife Kelly will take over for Mary. Leah Remini will be Sherrie. Will have a whole Scientology cast. How else to worship our alien leader L. Ron Hubbard!

April 11, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  32. r

I'd recommend that fractional co2 laser thing too.

April 11, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Valerie

If I were to hire a vocal coach, I'm not at all sure Axel Rose's is the first that would immediately come to mind.

April 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. forkE

I heard that he was also training with ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

April 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  35. wil23

Well Paul, you thought we cared enough about what you think to post. Some people actually view art based on their values. I like all kinds of movies, but I don't like Tom Cruise or some of his antics on television or his religion. Based on that, I won't put any money in his pocket. I think Chris Brown is a violent woman hater and still doesn't think he's done anything wrong, so as a DJ I won't play his music. And it's what people think that make change in this world. So whether it's their opinion on Tom Cruise or politics, at some point what someone thinks makes a difference. You must agree or you wouldn't have spent the time posting on here.

April 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yahaira

You will only deprive yourself. He's an actor, not our politician. I admire his craft and I have no right to butt into his personal life. You can if you are so inclined.

February 6, 2012 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  36. Paul

When it comes to entertainers, life is simple. I you want to see a particular movie, go see it. If you don't want to go see a particular movie, don't go see it. Who cares about Scientology? Who cares if someone is a good or bad actor? Who cares if someone can sing or not? Actually, who cares what you think?

April 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason Statham

I care when people who are simply paid to act decide to preach to me about politics or religion every chance they get. For some reason, Tom Cruise always feels the need to preach and judge the rest of us. If he'd just shut the f up, we'd get along famously.

April 12, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  37. Jen

Whoever made the "whistle coach" comment made me literally laugh out loud. I like Tom's movies even though I may not agree with how he lives his life. I will give "Rock of Ages" a chance.

April 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  38. brenda

i absolutely LOVED 'rock of ages' and stacee jaxx is an awesome character. i really can't see tom cruise pulling this off, but i am hoping for the best. it will ruin the movie if the stacee jaxx character isn't totally over the top.

April 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. PsuedoScience

Tom Cruise is a irrelevant and a pseudo science.
    You couldn't pay me to see him in any future movies.

April 11, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  40. lor

constantine is the one they should have for the role of drew – at least give him the courtesy of auditioning, since he originated the role on broadway and has been on the company tour. we have not watched a tom cruise movie in our house since he tried to screw nicole out of her community property when he filed for divorce

April 11, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Xanatos

Tom Cruise was wrong for many parts he's played (The Vampire Lastat was the most wrong of all). I agree with a lot of the comments about his less than stellar acting ability. He's stuck on "movie star" and that's the corner he's painted himself into. When he is in a smaller supporting role, he seems to really do a much better job with the character, seeing less of Tom Cruise and more of the character. I think he's at a turning point in his career, take more challenging parts that will force him to step away from "Tom Cruise" and do more character acting or forever be Tom Cruise the Hollywood Movie Star with the dazzling smile but limited range.

April 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sam

I won't be wasting my time or my money on this one because I don't like Tom Cruise. His relgion, strange though it may be, has nothing to do with it. I just flat out can't stand him and his rather huge ego. Aside from Magnolia and Collateral, he simply hasn't done very many movies that I've liked so any movie that has him portraying a singer is definitely one that I can do without.

April 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ll

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

April 11, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. BoycottXenuDrones

Anyone who pays to see this or anything done by other $cientologists is supporting a cult! Kudos to Jason Beghe and others (including the cult leader's own neice!) for bailing out.

April 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Dena

Tom Cruise is an EXCELLENT actor and person and seems to have whatever talent he needs to accomplish the expected or unexpected. I think he will do exactly what I would expect from Tom Cruise he'd OWN IT and KICK IT'S BUTT and I can't wait to see and hear it.

April 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • WinningTroll

Tom Cruise is an "excellent person?!" Based on what? Did you miss all his spewage years ago with his messed up ideas about psychiatric drugs and postpartum depression? I don't mind that he's into Scientology, but I mind that he gets on his soapbox and expects the rest of us to follow suit. It's a friggin religion started by a science fiction writer, that involves aliens. I don't need political or religious coaching from movie stars.

April 11, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ken

I look forward to him screeching some L. Rob Hubbub theme song.

April 11, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Wailing Cat Syndrome

With any luck, training with Axl Rose's voice coach will make Cruise the most popular among cats in heat

April 11, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Roger

I hope this is a big hit for Tom. Am looking forward to the next Mission Impossible coming out hopefully later this year and I think Rock of Ages will lighten things up a bit. Best of luck Tom.

April 11, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  49. raf

wow. there are some real haters here. who cares if Tom is tackling something new. It might tunr out and so what if it doesnt. People should try new things.

April 11, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  50. kathysandiego

Axl Rose had a vocal coach??? Classic. He is one of the worst singers on the planet. HAHAHAHA!!! Made my day!!!

April 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roger

Your wrong in thinking AXl is a bad singer,he tore it up in G nR heyday of late 80's early 90s and is a great singer. You must be a fan of all these sappy American Idol wannabe singers to not give Axl his due. The intro to 'Welcome to the Jungle' is probabaly the best scream ever in rock n roll.

April 11, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nightowl10

Rock n' roll sounds better with unique voices – Axl, Geddy Lee, etc.

April 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Q

Wow, that plot summary sounds just awful. Like Showgirls 2 with Cruise in the McLachlan role. Yecch.

April 11, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  52. katieroo

We're supposed to believe that Julianne Hough (who is 22) would leave Diego Gonzalez Boneta (who is 20) for Tom Cruise (who is 48 and creepy)?

April 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  53. MS

He should have gotten a vocal coach with better credentials. Like Rebecca Black's vocal coach. I know I wouldn't brag if I were Axl's vocal coach.

April 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Sunshine Girl *

Really don't care for him as an actor. But this role does seem out of character for him, judging by his past roles. But who knows? With 'Autotune' and everything else they've got these days, he may just pull it off.

April 11, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Head Diva In Charge

Tom Cruise is an idiot. I think he is from another planet.

April 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maryann

Yeah, I think he thinks so, too.

But, what has that got to do with acting?

April 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • VV

With the name "Head Diva In Charge" I wouldn't talk! If you think he's from another planet he may be your neighbor then! Haters are infesting our planet – yes you, I'm talking to you! Get a life!

April 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  56. randy

Cruise is his best in roles that seem out of place for him. See magnolia or born on the fourth of july.

April 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Amy

Tom Cruise belongs to the cult of $cientology: forced abortions, forced family disconnections and a prison (the RPF "Rehabilitation Project Force).

April 11, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • VV

Amy – sweetie – did Tom have this heart to heart conversation with you and confess all this bullcrap you're writing???? I think NOT! Stop hating and find something better to do why don't you!

April 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • BoycottXenuDrones

@VV It's true (not sure about the abortion thing though). I've heard first hand accounts of the things that go on inside the "church." Tory Christman was in it for years and they tried to keep her from taking meds for seizures – something that probably killed Travolta's son Jett... Tory left the "church" and was immediately divorced by her husband and her son probably won't speak to her any more. Nice huh?

April 11, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@ VV
      Scientology is a pyramid scheme masquerading as a cult masquerading as a religion. In some people's hands it can be quite dangerous. In fact it is banned in many (quite liberal) countries as a result of its practices. Tom Cruise is Scientology's biggest poster boy and I will never watch one his movies(or Tavolta's for that matter). Google: Operation Clambake (xenu dot net) if you want to know all about Scientology. You might be in for a few distrubing surprises.

April 11, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Amy

You are mistaken if you think disregarding someone's art will change this world. Religion and prejudice are killing thousands of people everyday, parts of the world that you never even hear about.

What you do know is that Tom Cruise has been nothing but dedicated to the audience the past 30 years and deliver great movies after one another. He has brought joy and entertainment to millions of people for over THREE DECADES now. If anything, we owe him more than the mere $10 we pay at the box office.

February 6, 2012 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  58. Halifax

April 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Shirl

I am looking forward to it! I love it when they take on something really different than what they have done before. I could care less if he is into scientology, big deal, not my business and at least that religion doesn' t have a long history of killing people in the name of God.

April 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maryann

EXACTLY!

And....why is it ok for people to criticize Scientology, but not Christianity. All religion is myth, anyway.

April 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • BoycottXenuDrones

Just know that your money is being used to indoctrinate children into a cult. If that child one day decides to leave the "church" they will be cut off from all contact with people still inside the "church," family included.

April 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Pugh7755

So many people jelous of someone elses success. They dont like the man, yet they see fit to read an article about him and then write about it. Between Tom Cruise and the people above...who does't have a life?

April 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Andy

The plot sounds thrilling.

April 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Lucy

On the surface, it doesn't sound like a blockbuster.

April 11, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ProperVillain

I have nothing against Tom Cruise but I think he is definitely NOT right for this role. I saw "Rock of Ages" about a month ago in Orange County, CA and that role was played by Mig Ayesa (INXS rock star fame) and he NAILED it. Was perfect for the roll. He had that rock and roll swagger that I think you can only get by actually being in the music industry. I don't think Cruise can pull that off. Of course, I could be wrong. I thought he was a TERRIBLE choice years back for Lestat (interview with the Vampire) and I thought his performance was dead on with the character in the book.

April 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shirl

He is a very dedicated actor and will research the roll you can bet. Who knew he could pull off Les Grossman, some people did not even realize that was Tom Cruise.

April 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Hmmm...

I've never been a big Tom Cruise fan. It will be a wait & see.

April 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  65. snigy

Fail.

April 11, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jojo Parks

I avoid all movies with Tom Cruise in them. So does everyone I know.

April 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Samantha

some may laugh but tom cruise ends up being good at everything he puts on film so i ain't gonna laugh til i see it.

April 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Orange Julius

Could have been good, but you lost me at Tom Cruise. Why not get a REAL rock singer to do it? Oh yeah, they wouldn't want to be associated with crap. Might hurt their rep.

April 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Tommy Vincent

Weak!

April 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Fred Garvin, Taos, NM

Axl Rose's Voice Coach? That's like Left-handed Posthole Diggers or Dehydrated Water, right? Would you like to join me on a Snipe Hunt? a

April 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  71. beth

Tom should retired ages ago, Ms. Suri has figured out she rich spoiled brat that doesn't have to work the rest of
    her life, just like mommy. I bet she does't know how to turn on a sewing machine. Better post this this time

April 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

And you know this how?

April 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris

Where the heck did the sewing maching thing come from? The kid is 4 or 5 & she should know how to operate a sewing machine?

April 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maryann

Katie Holmes is still a working actress. What does a sewing machine have to do with anything? Stop making stuff up.

April 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • VV

Don't be a hater....Envy is one of the deadly sins – now go wash your brain with soap and think happy thoughts.

April 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  72. sundae

Aww, now tom can be my neighbor in Nashville and join kidd n urban band!

April 11, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  73. whar

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha (coughcough) hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

April 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. darthbyte

Yeah but did they also consult with Axel's "whistling" coach? The man has a mean whistle!

April 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Be Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Tom is a great actor! Be positive people, if you have nothing nice to say please keep to yourself until you see your psychotherapist-thanks!!!

April 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • liz

AMEN. go tell this mean spirited ,mighty dum people to be nice and be happy.

April 11, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Ali

He picked Axl's vocal coach? Has he heard Chinese Democracy?

April 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • fred

Axl Rose has a distinct voice, whether people like it or not, I really don't care. Unfortunately he was unwilling to keep GNR together.

Chinese Democracy has some great tracks on it.

As for Tom Cruise, everyone who is hating is just jealous...though I don't understand the whole Scientology thing either (and I live in Tampa).

April 12, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  77. tomtom

The man cannot act. Every movie he's ever been in he just plays himself.

April 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  78. flyonthewall

Well let's see Julianne (DWTS pro), Alec Baldwin (fat guy from 30 Rock), Mary J Blige, singer, Tom Cruiz (washed up actor)........sounds like a winner to me!

April 11, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • IPuttheFuninFundamentalist

Sounds like a good old-fashioned family movie to me. Can't wait to take the kids to this flick for their birthday party.

April 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ross

and you..........sound like a LOSER!

April 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  79. ProfessorDay

If Toms singing is as good as his acting, then we are in for another exciting "Far and Away" FLOP!

April 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • really?

that's kind of an old movie to reference. Little random, jus' sayin'

April 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • unbiasopinion

Yeah arguably one of the most successful actors alive with over a dozen box office jugernauts but its going to be a flop. cool story bro

April 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Couch tater

Dan Smith, why don't YOU get off the blogs and come up with something NEW? Don't criticize unless YOU are doing something to help. ;)

April 11, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  81. Mike

Not sure what to make of this. Sounds a bit like American Idol meets Chicago. Could be great, or it could be a real drag. These days, Tom seems to pick his roles like a real success-junkie. But, I'd prefer to see an honest De Niro style acting job out of him, instead of this continued "I'm the hero"-schlock.

April 11, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  82. nounou

But AXL rose can;t sing

April 11, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  83. SJones

I loved the line "the men actually high-fived!" Are you kidding me? As if that's some sort of huge deal.

White people high-fiving takes place all the time, every day. To suggest that it's some sort of rare honor is just ludicrous!

April 11, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  84. Tony Cuts

Good for him. The man is a very good actor.

April 11, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  85. dan smith

Sounds like another stupid movie, can't hollywood come up with anything better than stupid movies and reality TV. Are there no good writers anymore.

April 11, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  86. brian

Saw rock of ages on broadway and it was incredible. Not sure if they will capture the same feel and energy since the show had a live band throughout. Highly recommend it over a movie! Even with baldwin and cruise they most likely won't come close to the show the musical is!

April 11, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • CrapCity

Crappy show with Much Crappy Music.

April 11, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • ScottyJ

I saw it in Los Angeles and thought it was awesome. I was actually looking forward to seeing the movie version until I heard that Tom Cruise was goingto be a part of it...

April 13, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Brian

The silky smooth voice of Axel Rose is one that can only be attained by years of coaching... (sarcasm alert!)

April 11, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  88. www.monogrammedeverything.com

I know Tom Cruise is a very talented & successful actor....but he really gives me the creeps for some reason.

April 11, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

It's the Scientology...

April 11, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • krys

thank you for saying that! I've been thinking this for years! I have convinced myself that either him and or his child is the devil.

April 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anti Cruise

I refuse to watch any movie with Tom Cruise in it. He TOTALLY gives me the creeps – I thought I was the only one!

April 11, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Robbys22

Duh, NOT winning!

April 11, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  90. Head Diva In Charge

Axel Rose and vocal coach don't really fit together in my head. Jon Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, even Brett Michaels, but Axel. No, not so much.

April 11, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • ClosetEncountersoftheThirdKind

"The two of us in concert breathed a collective sigh of relief to the tune of dancing around his living room".... My only question is what was he doing out of the closet?

April 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flooby

LOL...Bret Michaels. Like he can sing or has ANY talent what so ever. And yes, I CAN wait to see/hear anything by Tom Cruise.

April 11, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • tChron

Oh, I see, you're the HEAD diva.

April 12, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • maxinpains

Odd isn't it? very strange...at first, then next thing came upto my mind was That's New... ;)

April 12, 2011 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  91. VV

You sound like the voice of experience (the sucking balls part)....stop hating!

April 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Tom fan

You are an idiot! Tom Cruise is a very talented actor.

April 11, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  93. liz

you are weird gay ,mean spirited nuts in your world. nasty, nasty to say to a good actor like Tom C. bite your tongue and keep your nasty comments to yourself.

April 11, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  94. DinoMite

Me Too ....

April 11, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Chumlee

Sorry, but no. He has been in good movies, but they would be just as good without him. He isn't convincing at all. Every movie I see him in reminds me of the pathetic acting job he did in All the Right Moves.

April 12, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  96. Maverick

Thanks for your support. Cruiser haters suck a$$.

May 11, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  97. mona

Tom Cruise is Handsome..Talented..and a genuinely nice person..He is a non-perfect human being who can definitly play this part perfectly...He was thought to be miscast in "interview with the vampire" years ago...I myself thought he wasn't right for it..along with it's author Anne Rice...but he proved us both wrong..playing "LESTAT" perfectly...I have been a huge fan since that time...Tom Crusie has had his misteps like all stars have and apologized for his foot in the mouth comments to the ones he needed to apologize to...That takes a real man to do...he didn't write some comment in a magazine and expect things to be ok...i respect that a lot...You guys need to stop being so hateful to these people..it's ridiculous...they are laughing all the way to the bank anyway!!! so stop making yourselves look negative and be NICE..God don't like UGLY....Rock on TOMMY!!!

June 18, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  98. @Chumlee

There is NO OTHER MAVERICK In this world who could pull that roll off!

Also Risky Business..Mangolia...Cruise can not be phased at what he does. There's a reason why he IS Tom Cruise. and he IS entertainment.

February 6, 2012 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  99. Dave-O

Tom Cruise plays Tom Cruise in every movie he's ruined. Let's just call him the Ego from now on shall we....man the World of the Worlds could of been such a good movie if the Ego wasn't in it. But on the other hand Tropical Thunder was great having the Ego play the Ego.

You know he's really only 3' 6' tall the ego fills in for the other 3".

April 11, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Heather

I love him and can't wait to see this movie :)

March 2, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |