Liam Neeson cut from 'The Hangover Part II'
April 11th, 2011

Liam Neeson cut from 'The Hangover Part II'

He replaced Mel Gibson in "The Hangover Part II," and now Liam Neeson has been ousted from the upcoming comedy.

Variety reports that Neeson's cameo as a Bangkok tattoo artist has been cut, and actor/director Nick Cassavetes has taken over the role.

Call it a case of bad timing. According to director Todd Phillips, the scene immediately following Neeson's cameo was snipped from the film, which meant that Neeson's scene had to be re-shot to help fill in the gaps and move the story forward. Unfortunately, Neeson was no longer available because he was in London shooting the sequel to "Clash of the Titans."

Enter Cassavetes.

"We were in a complete time crunch so I called up Nick and asked if he would do the part," Phillips tells Variety. "He came in and crushed it and that is the scene that you will ultimately see in the film. [I'm excited for everyone] to see the film. It turned out great."

"The Hangover Part II" arrives in theaters May 26.

1. Yoda

Qui-gone! Qui-gone!

April 13, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jeff e

Zach has landed alot of roles with similar "stoner" characters but for a fresh look at what he can do in a more dramatic role go see "It's Kind of a Funny Story". He plays an inpatient at a Mental ward with alot of issues.
    This guy has alot more on the ball than what we've seen so far and this film will open up more challenging dramatic roles for him.
    He's also really good on HBO's "Bored to Death".

April 13, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. truthinrock

As long as no one is employing Gibson, I'm happy.

April 12, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. howard

Good thing this movie is labelled a comedy. All this hype about a 'big-name' actor is a joke, Come to think of it, Zach Galifianakis is also a joke. It's an incredible joke that this movie made enough money to warrent a part 2. But the bottom line is the joke is on me... I paid to watch the first one.

April 12, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. Col. Bat Guano

Mel Gibson wasnt available since he is filming Passion Of The Christ II.

April 12, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jerry

I have always admired the characters portrayed by Liam. His personality and look fits well in so many things. But if he's not doing it, I'm available. Hire me Hollywood. I'll even take less money. I need the work! :)

April 11, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Falcon Jedi

I condemn this action

April 11, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pua

If you think that Zak Galifianakis or Bradley Cooper or the other guy are the next giants of the thespian world because they didn't want to work with Mel Gibson in a fit of pique and PC, you're delusional. Galifianakis will be lucky to be in anything again that doesn't involve bathroom humor, sloppiness and beards...

April 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. rose helen militello

i liked hangover,it was a situation comedy and a no brainer,silly,anyway it made me laugh,i'm 73 and i will be seeing hangover 2 for the same reasons and i thought the cast was great and will be again.

April 11, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. frimmer jedette

The Hangover represents all that is wrong with modern comedies. There is no whit. Just have Will Ferrell run around in his underwear for 2 minutes. If you don't think that is funny, he continues for another 2 minutes.

April 11, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LG

Hey! What the bleep is wrong with Mel or Liam? Come on,please.

April 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim W.

I was looking forward to this movie. Mel Gibson in repeated tirades has shown himself to be a hater of people in general. He gets along with some, but not others (I personally do not yet see a specific pattern). I am really disappointed with him. I will not see the movie for love or money.

April 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Gmoney

The cast didn't want Mel Gibson because of the way he treats women but no problem with Mike Tyson? Hollywood types are truly pathetic.

April 11, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. OMG

Wow people, this is a place to make comments. Don't take life so seriously. Now everyone is trying to offend and stop anyone from having an opinion. The only reason bad movies gross so much is because of inflation. Re-release some of the better comedies today and see if it does well against the others. Everyone here is on a high horse, just like all the prima donas in Hollywood.

April 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jimbo

People in Hollywood hate Mel Gibson not because he is a racist but becuase he went behind all the producers and production companies backs and made "Passion for the Christ" and made a killing on that movie all on his own. I'm not defending the guy but I wouldn't be suprised if he was set up to look racist to the general public by the hollywood mob.

April 11, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. BrofromtheO

Reading these comments and admitting I'm late to the party leaves with me with nothing really to say. However. I will say that I saw both "Passion of the Christ" and "Hangover" on bootleg as well as half of the people who've seen both movies. I'll probably watch Hangover 2 on bootleg as well as Passion part 2 when it comes out. lol

April 11, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  17. BrofromtheO

lol at comment #14. "I love you whiners who come on her and say..." lol

April 11, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Superhiro

I can already tell what obvious joke they're gonna be making with this stupid cameo. Ha ha, crazy white tattoo artist in asia, probably in "asian-face" make up.

April 11, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. itsame

wow 3 different actors just for a glorified cameo. i got a feeling theyre trying too hard to make this work and its gonna effect the movies performance and quality.

April 11, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. MAC BROWN

I THINK MICHAEL JACKSON SHOULD HAVE A CAMEO SPOT....oh wait.....ouch.

April 11, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. rick

BOYCOTT!!!

April 11, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  22. The Truth

The Hangover sukked. I believed the hype and saw it. I left wanting my money back. BORING !

April 11, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Head Diva In Charge

Hi everybody!! Im a lesbian and my ultimate lover is Sunshine Girl who you can see in other blogs!! Me and Sunshine Girl would love for you to have a nice stick inside poop shoot with white, stcky, salty goo all over my mouth and in the poop shoot!!

April 11, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Head Diva In Charge

Hi everybody!! Im a lesbian and my ultimate lover is Sunshine Girl who you can see in other blogs!! Me and Sunshine Girl would love for you to have a nice stick inside poop shoot with white, stcky, salty gooall over my mouth and in the poop shoot!!

April 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

BoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 11, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Red Pison

Looks like this film is already heading to the disaster pile. I mean people recognize Mel Gibson and Liam Neeson at a glance, nobody knows who the **** Nick Cassavetes is.

April 11, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  26. LiqMat

Fluffy Bunnies. If you can read this that means my other posts were censored. Basket full of puppies.

April 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Mel Fan

Go Mel, bugger the rest of them, I am a huge fan!

April 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Tyler

this movie would have been better with the same people as the first hangover

April 11, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tiffany

At least Mel Gibson gave us "The Passion" which has done more for many souls than Hangover ever will. While Mel is human just like we all are, he who is without sin cast that first stone.

I will watch the hangover 2..... Let's see if it holds up to the 1st one. If it doesn't, then thAt's what they get for eliminating Mel & Liam. :-). Lol

April 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Name*jon

Should have stuck with Mel!!! Im sure the movie will be funny but,its Mel Gibson!!!!

April 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Antijoo

Jews control the media do we need any more proof? They want to corrupt our kids' minds and sacrifice our babies to their satanic god and bathe in their blood.

April 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Don JJ

I hate it when people are so sensitive to racism. Im Latino and when people tell me to mow the lawn and tell me to go back over the border, I just laugh with them. So Jews, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Muslims, and stinky Indians, STOP BEING SO OFFENDED AND GROW A SET OF BALLS.

April 11, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Head Diva In Charge

@can't believe its not butter, just from your names prove you are a jacka$$

April 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  34. stop the hate

You have bad facts there just as many white felons as it is black everybody likes bling and your white kids buy rap albums b/c we blacks bootleg so get your facts right visit the pen and see for yourself not what somebody tell u. have a nice day

April 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Brendan

So, the cast and crew were against Mel Gibson, but all for the convicted rapist Mike Tyson? I don't get it.......

April 11, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Shannon Nutt

It still amazes me that a crew that would accept Mike Tyson (a convicted rapist) would reject Gibson. Shows you how out-of-whack some Hollywood-types are.

April 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Chief

So, they did not want to be in a movie with an anti-semite in Hangover 2, but had no problem with being in a movie with a convicted rapist in the movie?

April 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  38. say WHAAAT???

@ Reason....."Jesus a fictional character...?" You obviously don't know Him. 75 per cent of the country and 99.9 per cent of Congress, Christian? You obviously don't know what a Christian is. The Romans killed Jesus? Why don't you read the Book. Pontious Pilate could find no guilt. He gave them a way out but they chose Barabas to be released. They screamed "Crucify!" when asked what they wanted for Jesus. The Romans carried out the sentence but the Pharisees falsely accused Him and demanded death. Is this any reason to hate Jews? NO! This was God's Will. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jn 3:16

April 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

I WASN'T REAL! I'm a fictional character, like unicorns and bigfoot.

April 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  39. @reason

The bible says the jews wanted death poilot washed his hands he said he found no wrong in jesus the jews switched jesus with barbarous to be crucified the romans carried it out so reason the jews did kill jesus

April 11, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sarge

I just cannot understand Mel being racist, when one of his best friends on/off camera was Danny Glover. It's as if Mel took on the persona of Arjen Rudd from Lethal Weapon 2. But, we don't know what people are really like, and given his tirades and meltdowns that went public, it's not hard to make that deduction. Of course, Hollywood is full of bigots and racists of ALL colors, and nobody can say different. Spike Lee is an outspoken racist.

April 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Pugh7755

@i cant belive its not butter, maybe the reason our country is in the crapper is because of iliterates like you who do not know how to read or wite the english language. Before you call other people names you should make sure who the real idiots are.

April 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  42. erich2112x

What the heck was he doing over there on that set in the first place?

April 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Gel Mibson

They blame it on the cast and crew, but it's really because
    Mr. Goldberg, Steinberg, Rabinowitz, Bergstein and Abromowitz decided Mel needs to go hungry for a while. Maybe if you build them a synagogue?

April 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Dad Tom R. Clauss, San Diego

Mel gibson is a good man and fine acot.

April 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

Mel Gibson is an outspoken anti-semite and holocaust denier with a taste for domestic abuse.

April 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  45. @Calex823

So the prez is black. big deal. so are 80% of the people in jail for violent crime. so are 99% of the ripoff artists that call themselves "rappers". so is 75% of the people on Welfare, but you're only 3% of the US population. facts, man.

April 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

Yes, facts are important. It is also quite obvious that you do not have access to facts about demographics or sociological conditions that contribute to higher arrests and greater poverty in minority communities. Of course, it is also possible that you do have access to facts, but are merely too ignorant and illiterate to investigate them. You can start looking up the demographics for the USA. You will find that blacks actually make up around 13% of the population, not counting individuals of mixed origins.

April 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  46. My Name is Mud

They should have left well enough alone. It was a curious concept. It made ppl laugh. They made good money. The sequel will fail.

April 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimbo

And I'll hit you upside your carnium with an aluminium baseball bat.

April 11, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. izzy

Mel Gibson your one of the greatest....

April 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ck

I bet most people who are on Gibson's side are white and don't know what racism feels like....

April 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Mike

Interesting. About Gibson anyway. Not that I support his apparent overuse of alcohol or insensitive comments related to others, but for actors to literally threaten mutiny due to his hiring goes beyond reason.
    Last I heard there is a child rapist/director (Polanski) that is wanted in the U.S. and is getting vast support from other actors even though he is below the lowest form of human filth possible. These so-called actors support him because his crime happened so long ago. B.S.
    Again, I love Gibson but I'm completely disappointed in his recent actions. Yet they pale in comparison to the actions of Roman Polanski.
    I think I just lost the last little bit of respect that I may have ever had for any actor.
    When that piece of human filth Polanski is brought to justice then I will understand the outcry over Gibson. Until then these actors have neither my respect nor my money. I will refuse to see this movie. Shame too because the first one was very funny.

April 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. chris

i would like to point out that mel gibson is very ant-semetic. hollywood happens to be quite jewish. hits closer to home than just about any other actor, he did not think about what he was doing lol.

April 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Babu

lol i wouldve likeed to see how mel gibson would have acted in a comedy movie.

April 11, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  52. NakedGrandma

Bzzzzz....he still walking, he still walking...

April 11, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mr. White

Michael Madsen would have been a great choice for this role.

April 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  54. WeirdMN

Wow, if a film is such a mess that they have to edit out a major star, that's a huge problem. Looks like this one is going to bomb.

April 11, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  55. CastandCrewWho

Mel wascut from film because he criticised Jews? Huh? Since when do they control everything? This is ONE film I will boycott. Their loss. Next time, fire the cast and crew.

April 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  56. can't believe it's not butter

"cant belive is not butter" go ahead and make a movie, put it on youtube since that's all you can afford, and have these people comment on it...I'm sure it will be great wayyyyy better than The Hangover...

P.S. computers come with free spell checker...USE IT B4 U SOUND LK A DUMAS$ K DOGGG

April 11, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Drew

Didn't know Gibson was even alive.

April 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • GibsonRocks

He's alive, well, and sorely missed. Hollywood is a better place with him. He's money in the bank. Pushing him out of the business MERELY UNDERSCORES his criticisms. Wack job. Religion is for wack jobs. When you start espousing "I'm a chosen one" shot yourself. Do society and Earth a favor. MEL – WE LOVE YOU.

April 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Greebo

Hangover II, Clash II!? Liam, fire your agent!

April 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Drew

It will still be funny. The first was a classic. For those that don't think so, stick to Lifetime and the O network.

April 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  60. bes

Kudos to the cast and crew.....I might actually pay to see this one. To be honest, I don't think that there is a group he hasn't gone off on. He's so over. Why doesn't he just exit stage left already. What a tool.

April 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  61. sheenius

Its a Jew conspiracy to keep Mel out

April 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JC in NYC

He's too good for a piece of junk movie like that anyway.

April 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ro

This movie will suck like the first.

April 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Kian

I feel like The Hangover is one of those movies that should never have gotten a sequel. They're going to milk it for as much money as possible, and people will lose interest very fast.

April 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Fly on the wall

The headline is misleading. Obviously logistics changed and that's what led to Liam Neeson not playing the part. He wasn't simply "cut." I'm kinda glad that he's not going to be in this film. He's a very talented actor.The film is not worthy enough of such a talented actor who was absolutely mesmerizing in Schindler's list.

April 11, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Cuso

I didn't think the first movie was as funny as everyone said it was. The only way I would watch the second movie is if it happens to come on the channel I already Have on and my remote batteries are dead.No I can't get up and just change the Channel TiVo doesn't have any buttons on their box.

April 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  67. humtake

I would have gone to see it if Neeson were still in it. But when they cut Gibson I said I wouldn't see it. Now, I guess I'm back on the "I won't see it" wagon again. Gibson is a hell of an actor and it's sad that overpaid whiny babies got their way.

April 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  68. To see or not to see ?

If you watched the 1st movie and thought it was funny, then you have emotional level of a nine year old.
    Those with the emotional level of a nine year old, seeing someone else’s drama makes them feel superior. It is this level of emotional behavior that the makers of this movie accommodate.
    What is truly funny is watching those with the emotional level of a nine year old react when life puts them in the position of having to emotionally deal with someone peeing in their swimming pool, or stealing their car, or wrecking their home ETC…
    The fact that you are in your 20’s or 30’s but have the emotional level of a nine year old is why the supermarkets place candy bars and gossip magazines in the check out isle.
    Most nine year olds will not act out on their own, but put two or more in a room and they will find anything and everything from picking their noses to throwing erasers at each other hilarious. The movie theater filled with those that have the emotional level of a nine year old is no different, and when you add a few scenes of bare breasts… they are filled with an overwhelming joy.
    That’s why the first movie was successful; you don’t have to suspend your disbelief here.
    To anyone with a mental or emotional level above a nine year old who finds themselves in the theater at this movie, I suggest you try to sit in the back rows as to avoid the spit balls, and popcorn that will surely be thrown… mostly forward.

April 11, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cuso

It wasn't clear in your post but what emotional age level do you have to have to find this movie funny?

April 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

You have a point. I was thinking about how society...*farrrrrrrrrrt* *farrrrrt* *fart*... what was I saying?

April 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • stejo

Wow...I'm thrilled I'm maturing emotionally (finally). I'm up to 9 yo! Yay me!! Almost a tween!! By the way, thank you, Doctor Comedius. You alone hold the keys to what's funny and what's only funny for 9 year olds.

April 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Millburn32

Because you have a stick up your ass and have no sense of humor everyone else has an emotional level of a 9 year old. You're probably the type of person that wants to kill someone because they don't have the same religion as you do huh?

April 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • To see or not to see ?

Cuso : At least 5years old so you could stay awake some of the way through it, but after nine years old it appears be more fun to do “Burn outs” with your bikes back tire… on an emotional level.
      Stejo: Professor Comedius has asked me, to ask you, to stop picking your nose… while typing on the keyboard, the girls in the class are complaining again.

April 11, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • To see or not to see?

Milburn32: I think I will now play with your brain for a moment since it doesn’t appear that you use it.
      1. Your name Milburn, are you suggesting that there were 31 other people before you that were given a name this damaging to their self esteem? One can only hope not. When you go to your analyst ask if they feel your name may have been the origin of all the challenges in your life and then try to work your way up to today.

2. Stick up your ass and no sense of humor… You’re showing a sense of humor here? I think you want to express an emotional connection to this movie that the rest of us should know about, would you like to tell the rest of the class why you were so touched by the movies theme?

3. Type of person who wants to kill someone because they don’t have the same religion as you do: Where to start? Where you reading a few of the posts from some of the other readers that were commenting on Mr. Gibson and get confused here? When you see your analysts try to see if they have an anger management course for you, I can assure you eventually this deep set in anger you’re experiencing is the result of a misguided thinking that everyone is looking at or talking about you personally.

4. Huh? Are you being persecuted for your religious belief in some way? Because you should by all means bring this up in an open forum for everyone to comment on your very personal position with your creator.

Finally Millburn if you were an adult emotionally you would have known better than to post the reply in such an immature way.

April 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • nitrous

Who farted?

April 11, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Chris

Dude the hangover was a terrible movie....what makes people think the second is going to be any better?

April 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  70. cant belive is not butter

Thanks for the spell check todd

April 11, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • can't believe it's not butter

your just plane dum...wate is that speled wright?

April 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  71. robert

Funny, they hire a convicted rapist for the first one and have issues with Mel in the second one. Bad form.

April 11, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  72. Ironhead

This cast & crew are hilarious. Assuming many of them worked on the first film, they were all fine to work with Mike Tyson (a slightly questionable history). Yet they take issue with Gibson?

My, you all have so much integrity. LOL.

April 11, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Doc

If by "slightly questionable" you mean convicted rapist, then yes, it's utterly ridiculous for the cast and crew to pull support for Mel Gibson based on his situation, the guilt or innocence of which has yet to be determined in a court of law. Galafinakis was a tool for whining about Gibson's character when he didn't have a problem working alongside a rapist. Not to approve or disapprove of Mel Gibson, but to me, that blows his (Galafinakis') credibility out of the water.

April 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  73. JDawgONE

Since when does the hired help get to call the shots?? Jeez. Show some balls, producers.

April 11, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  74. B lo me

Does it really matter who did the cameo the movie will be funny regardless who was in the cameo if u dont like the movie why comment

April 11, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  75. Shaun

People saying the hangover was lame or stupid are lame and stupid themselves. just look at the numbers for the movie

April 11, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  76. cant belive is not butter

They should of hierd johny nasqville....

April 11, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  77. Yakobi.

Galifianakis fancies himself the new Jack Black. Hopefully, after a string of terrible movies, G. will find himself with Black on the Island of Lost Stars where he belongs. Sorry, buddy, but you will NEVER be bigger than Mel Gibson and there are plenty of people (like me) who will boycott your movie because you think you are.

April 11, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  78. cant belive is not butter

who gives a flying ffffff about sheen and his litte crack hhhoooos....can't belive some off thiese idiots deffend this retard joke....this is why. Our countrie is in the crapper cause of people like that....geeeeees

April 11, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

Callling other people idiots, yet you spell words like "belive" instead of "believe," "off" isntead of "of," "thiese" instead of "these," "deffend" instead of "defend," "countrie" instead of "country" I submit you are clearly the dumbest person on here, learn how to spell better than an 8 year old before calling others idiots.

April 11, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Just Janet

To your previous post about crack addicts and pot heads liking it – I am neither and thought the movie was hilarious. Why would you click on an article regarding the Hangover movie if you're so against this type of humor? I highly doubt our country is in the crapper because of Hollywood actors and comedy movies. Are you really as uptight as your comments suggest? If so, why are you even on this site? If not, why are you so hateful?

April 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • i r awesome

Holy crap. How can you call people idiots when you spelled nearly every other word wrong?

April 11, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • countrie?

Did you really spell Country "Countrie". Oh my! :) What a moron!!!

April 11, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • ES Canuck

It looks like the guy calling everyone a moron is a moron. Someone please teach this guy how to use spell check. Hey butter dude – just give it up – it's painful to read your posts.

April 13, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  79. Mike Donofrio

Charlie Sheen would have been the most logical replacement.

April 11, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  80. nitrous

Dig up his father to give it a "Weekend at Bernie's" vibe.

April 11, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  81. Disco

Neeson has too much class to be in a piece of crap movie like this. Does anyone over 17 even watch this garbage?

April 11, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Stein

Considering it was the highest grossing R-Rated movie of all time, yes I would say older people like it.

Also the it did win a Golden Globe for best comedy.

April 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fly on the wall

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Disco.

April 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • l

Theres always losers who haven't seen the movie and say they hate it just because they are either too dumb to enjoy it, or haven't actually seen it

April 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doubtful1

ya, right, too much class...especially considering that he had already shot the scene, but then he wasn't available when the scene had to be reshot....did you even read the article???

April 11, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • ES Canuck

Why wouldn't he want to be in the movie? He obviously did want to! I've seen the first movie and it was awesome – and I'm certainly quite a bit older than 17. Who wouldn't want to appear in a certain blockbuster, that's a given! The first movie was certainly not for everyone, but for those that 'got it', it was one of the funniest movies in a very long time. Gibson should be out for good, but with that said, Tyson should have certainly been in the same category.

April 13, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Oneman

Liam lost any idea of class the moment he signed on for the sequel to Clash of the Tightwads, Pooh!

December 26, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  82. JohnnyS

@Surprise and @Jennifer

Your "no-name actor" wrote the screenplay for Blow. Nick also directed John Q, Alpha dog, and probably Jennifer's favorite, The Notebook.

April 11, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  83. Ron in California

Oh Darn!

April 11, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  84. trumpeter

Just another reason not to watch it.

April 11, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  85. JohnnyDrama

I love you whiners who come on her and say, the movies stupid or not funny. Then why are you commenting on the article? Hangover was the biggest grossing R-rated comedy of all time so I think you are in the minority if you don't think it was funny.

April 11, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • 12-21-12

People think Charlie Sheen is funny and Jack Ass movies are funny. So it's no wonder they think actual funny movies are lame!

April 11, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Greebo

Be sure not to miss the award winning 'ouch my balls'...

April 11, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • cant belive is not butter

Only crack heads and pot heads watched this yunk...and yes we coment so you know that we know that you my friend are an idiot

April 11, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Chitown Jason

The first "Hangover" was hilarious. A masterpiece on the concept of "running amok in Vegas".

I am not a crackhead or a pot head...but "cant believe its not butter" is just a loser. Look at all of his comments going out of his way to tell people he doesn't think a movie funny. Good for you. We don't care what you think.

April 11, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Patrick

I CAN'T BELIEVE.....................HOW HORRIBLE YOUR ENGLISH IS.....Geez man use the spellcheck feature.

April 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Surprise!

Nick who? Never heard of him but I'm a caveman who lives under a rock in Geico Ville....

April 11, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • 12-21-12

The son of John Cassavetes and Gena Rowlands. John was an excellent actor that died too soon (age 59) and his beautiful actress wife (now 80).

April 11, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  87. David

Yeah Zach Galfannykisser was the one who didn't want Gibson. Made a stink to make himself more popular in the business. Kicked Gibson? Then ill wait till it comes on TV.

April 11, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • neptonomist sentry

ZG is a rabid liberal, so it would make sense he'd play-up the "I can't stand Mel Gibson because I'm so pure" angle. He's kind of funny, but his stand up routine is about 15 minutes of material (10 minutes of which is bad Steven Wright-esque jokes), and 45 minutes of awkward pauses and yelling at the audience. Plus he's one of those "oh look, I have my note book because I'm always working on new things in my act" people. Pee-ewww.

I did like his work as Tairy Greene on T&E though.

April 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  88. dan smith

Never understood why mr. Neeson would want to do a cameo in a stupid movie anyway.

April 11, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  89. michael

unfunny piece of crap movie anyway so who cares

April 11, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  90. Jennifer

Great job using a no name actor instead of Neeson or Gibson..... What else can be done to sink the film???

Personally I would have gotten Sheen and Lohan to do a make out scene but thats just me....

April 11, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Chitown Jason

The first Hangover didn't need any big-name actor cameos, and it didn't do so bad....

I wouldn't count Tyson as an "actor". Big name, yes.

April 11, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • stejo

Cassavantes a "no-name"? You must be 13.

April 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

No I considerably older then 13, and enough to know the difference between a real actor and a TV actor... Or professional extra if you count EVERYTHING before entourage....

April 11, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  91. EricLr

Mel Gibson went on an anti-Semitic tirade in a town where almost every producer and writer is jewish. Not surprisingly it's almost impossible to hire him now. Even if you're the director and want him–good luck getting your producers and financiers on-board.

April 11, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Luis

What anti-Semitic tirade? He is a great actor, great director and that was a great movie about Jesus history. Hope I can hire him.

April 11, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • pointless1

I don't think he's all busted up about not appearing in a 20 second clip from a 2nd rate movie... lmao at you.. Kind of made mega millions and probably doesn't have much to worry about.. but surely you do...

April 11, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • reason

LOL a movie about "jesus history" that's like saying spiderman was a movie about "spiderman history" seeing as they're both fictional characters

Anyway even his "jesus history" movie didn't stick to the actual bible, as it was the ROMANS who killed jesus in that story, NOT the jews hence ADDING to his reputation as an anti-semite

I do find it humorous though that every president in U.S. history has been some sort of christian, and that over 75% of the country is christian, and that christians control every aspect of U.S. society, but if a jew holds even ONE important position – it's a conspiracy.

99.9% of congress is christian. ONE jew runs the federal reserve – must be a conspiracy. Just like hollywood. Christians all over the country control everything, but ONE profession has more jews in it and it's a conspiracy.

what a sad, uneducated fool you must be.

April 11, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris Meece

Reason,
      Did you even watch the Passion? In the movie it was the Romans doing the killing. The Jewish leadership condemned him and the Romans executed him. That isn't anti-semitic, that is how it happened historically.

April 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

I wasn't real, nothing happened historically. I'm fiction. Like bigfoot.

April 11, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Jim Johnson

double standard. had mel gibson said black people were responsible for all the worlds problems he would never have been considered for any job and anyone that offered it would have been called a racist.

April 11, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • 12-21-12

Blacks don't run Hollywood studios, Jewish folks do! What's your point?

April 11, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • mark

you right, blacks don't really run or do nothing at all, they just like shiny stuff and show off bling...like as if they were 10 years old all their life.

April 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Calex823

@mark...yeah I guess your right man...Blacks do nothing at all but like shiny things and "bling"...and oh yeah, also get elected President of the United States of America...you forgot that one...your racist ass MORON. *BUZZZZZZZ* you just hear that Mark? The buzzer just went off on the dryer...your white sheets are ready for u to slide em on u numbskull.

April 11, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alan

Michael Richards went on a racist tirade that was offensive to blacks and it torpedoed his career for several years. Mel Gibson is experiencing the same thing. Oh, except he also beat his wife and offended both blacks and Jews. Both men are now generally viewed as d-bags and are nearly unemployable. I don't understand your point.

April 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

@Alan – Yeah but you need a career first to have it torpedo'd :) Michael Richards owes any and all success to Jerry Seinfeld, w/o that show – Michael Richards is just another guy trying to make it. When the show ended, so did his career.

April 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tengu

Here we go from one topic to politics. Obama isnt black, he is bi racial. He is actually more white than black. Not only in skin tone but in raising, schooling, etc, etc. He and you, can play the race card but America hasnt had a black president yet. Given the chance, I would have gladly voted for Colin Powell. Military man, Raised in Harlem (no birth certificate issues), born of BLACK Jamaicam Immmigrant parents. BUT because hge is a Republican , he gets called house ni66er by Harry Belefonte. There arent but a handful of Hollywood types without some blood on their hands in the way of either racism, drugs, abuse, etc, etc so Mel is no different. Did he say Jews run Hollywood? Only because its true, and most of the recording industry. Metro Goldwyn Meyer (MGM) all Jewish and the list goes on and on. And why was he blacklisted after saying this? Because they DO RIN Hollywood. Not saying its a good or bad thing, just the truth, same as blacks rum "MOST" of the rap record labels, with white and jewish backers. Mel is a fine actor and director and I'll watch whatever he puts out same as the rest of the actors I like.

April 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gort01

wow....youre crazy

April 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ES Canuck

Tengu – you need to stop drinking the Kool-aid. Where do you get your info? Stereotype much?

April 13, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  93. cant belive is not butter

Good. Maybe they can replace him with will farell he is comedy on his own.....

April 11, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • mark

good point...why not use a comedian in a comedy movie?...and one who is actually funny at that.

April 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Mommajam

I agree...would have loved to see Liam in it, but I'm sure I'll see it anyway!

April 11, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  95. mj with lil johns voice

Whiny little film crew couldn't handle one day w Gibson? Good entertainment at least.

April 11, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • 12-21-12

Kudos to the crew...I'll definitely be seeing this movie!!!

April 11, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Thom Van Vleck

I won't see it. I love Mel and while he has fallen from grace he is trying to make amends and why do we offer Charlie Sheen and Robert Downey, Jr. second chances galore, but want to take out others with no second chance.

April 11, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Flavor

Thom – Gibson has had his share of 'second chances'. On two separate occasions over the past few years he has made seriously disturbing racial remarks, and then followed up with an abusive tirade against his girlfriend. This does not even address the self-abusive issues with alcohol that would otherwise put him on par with Sheen and Downey Jr.

April 11, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Thank you Dummy for beating me to that statement. There's a difference between being addicted to a drug and being an altogether bad person.

April 11, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Stewart

Who cares if he's a racist. He's a great actor. And a great director.

April 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Auir

A lot of people care that he's a racist obviously.

April 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • deandake

Why should the crew have to put up with a jerk like Gibson? If Gibson want to get back into mainstream movies then he is going to have to learn to play nice. Nobodies fame should ever give them a free pass to mistreat others. “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.”

April 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • reason

we all know thom van vleck is just a neo nazi racist who's upset his idol is being tossed aside by the intelligent community

April 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • JBG4

"The role was to be filled by Mel Gibson, but he was dropped from the film because the cast and crew did not support his hiring." Why does "the cast and crew" have a problem with Mel Gibson being part of Hangover II, but they had no problem with convicted rapist Mike Tyson being in The Hangover? I guess in their minds a possible racist is much worse than a definite rapist. Nice bunch of hypocrites! I won't waste my time seeing this movie. The first movie was way overated. Same, I can't remember what happened joke, scene after scene.

April 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark

i don't, it's obvious that certain races are worthless to contributing anything useful to the world, so who the hell is going to like them?....mel is right. you can't beat a man down because he's had a few years of alcohol abuse...who cares? ultimately it only hurts him.

April 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • ccaze

ok so the cast and crew was ok with mike tyson, the rapist, but not ok with Mel Gibson the racist. Makes perfect sense.

April 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zero

Mel decided not to continue his role after learning it was financed by blood diamonds and uses backwards masking subliminal techniques to further the gay/magog/wog agenda.

April 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patrick

Thom,
      Robert Downey Jr. never hurt anyone but himself. He was a drug addict, and while he did recieve a series of second chances, he is now clean and sober. Charlie Sheen is not getting any second chances. He's opened himself up to let the public decide his future, and so far, he's being booed off stage at most of his performances. The public is clearly ready for him to go away. Mel Gibson, on the other hand, managed to personally insult 90% Hollywood w/ his recurring anti-semitic rants. Add to that a couple of clearly evident accusations of spousal abuse, and he makes Downey Jr look like a saint. Gibson should have known that 90% of Hollywood is Jewish. He's clearly too ignorant to know any better. I'll forgive Mel Gibson the day they give me 5 minutes alone in a room w/ him. I'll show him crazy. He'd come out of that room a more likeable person. Trust me on that.

April 11, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • lagnafe

When I go see a movie I watch it based on entertainment value not based on what the moral or political values are of the actors and Mr Gibson is a great actor and director I would have no problem seeing any movies that he is involved with,I would even go see a movie made by that guy born in Kenya I think his name is Obama or something!

April 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Cast/Crew didn't seem to have a problem hiring a convicted Rapist for the Hangover part one.

How very strange......

April 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vbogee

Thank you ccaze, JGB4, and Jim, you took the words right out of my mouth.

April 11, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

I like Mel. I find it funny that he is dubbed a horrid racist. I don't see any big name hollywood star living in a low or mixed income area because they are so liberal. It's easy to say what other people should be and do when you have the money to seperate yourself from the reality of life.

April 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

I find it very interesting how everyone takes Mel Gibson's racial tirades so immensely offensive (which, btw, I agree they are) BUT....someone Charlie Sheen - someone who opening does drugs, is a nut job alcoholic AND has beat his own wives.....and yet he has a "higher rating" than Gibson for racial slurs? Very odd set of values people have....not to mention if racial slurs are suddenly so offensive - why aren't we outraged at song lyrics - ....why do comedians get free reign......etc..... I'm not saying I honestly am offending by lyrics or comedians - I just playing Devil's Advocate here and hypocrisy is very amusing to me...and its everywhere in our society....

April 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • LuckiAunti

And the same people who want nothing to do with Mel Gibson just loved Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist and ex-convict, in the first movie.

April 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suzanne

CNN in typical fashion insinuates the whole crew did not want Gibson which is demonstrably false.

April 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robear

@ Thom Van Vleck: This is Mel Gibson's 10th or 12th "chance"... Everybody has run out of slack to give him!

April 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gort01

Why give a jerk like Mel Gibson a chance to earn any money? I would not see a movie he was in,....even with a cameo scene///he's a pig...and needs to got to jail for beating up his daughter's mother....

April 12, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Okay, get it that some think that Gibson's early work was fun. Get it that we've got some racists/ Catholic conservatives that are defiending him. But to describe him as a "great actor"? Get real. He was at his best in the Mad Max movies. Are you serious?

April 12, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • wils2821

I don't understand how anyone is comparing Charlie Sheen or especially Robert Downey Jr to Mel Gibson. There is a huge difference between self destruction and being a misogynist anti-semite.

April 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Freddie M.

Well that stinks. i like the idea of a high profile actor in a spot like this.

April 11, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

They should have Christopher Walken do the bit. Ya know, have him come in, give a speech, and then kill someone, like 90% of his acting roles.

April 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • fred

Well the two chances this movie had of being good just went down the drain ,

April 11, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Racism is a myth

Mel in that role would have completely made the movie!!!

April 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • hoofleau

I agree with Frank. Christopher Walken would have done a great job. Or maybe, Robert Duvall or Billy Bob Thornton.

April 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jaynicia

Christopher Walken would have been so perfect in that role.

April 11, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • NubesPubes

If Zach Galifianakis wasnt in the first one it would have been a complete flop...I hope he makes up 80% of the screen time for the 2nd????

April 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Zach is a one note joke, he'f F-ing clown shoes!!

April 12, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |