Katie Couric and Matt Lauer to reunite on 'Today'
April 11th, 2011

Katie Couric and Matt Lauer to reunite on 'Today'

Katie Couric and Matt Lauer will be together again on the "Today" show – at least for one day.

Couric's rep told the New York Post that she is scheduled to appear with her former co-host next Wednesday on "Today" to tout her new book, "The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons From Extraordinary Lives."

Will the appearance be a precursor of things to come?

According to a recent story in the New York Times, Couric is exploring her options once her contract ends this summer as anchor for "CBS Evening News," including a possible daytime show with a familiar face.

"Ms. Couric is pursuing the idea of her own syndicated talk show, possibly with her former 'Today' show co-host, Matt Lauer," reports the Times.

1. Jidem Sforzao

It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

July 12, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. cooks12

I saw Matt Laurer at ABC Carpet in NYC- I could not believe the size of his head.
    It was so large and heavy looking that it seemed to weigh his torso down. He
    did not look like the same guy on TV.

April 12, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Linda Murray

I fail to see why the network is considering paying Matt Lauer $25m a year Does he really think that he needs a cost of living from $17m per year when so many people are out of work.I can see paying Brian Williams for being a top rated newsman and Al Roker for being a top rated weatherman but sorry Matt you are really just an announcer on a variety show. Both Ann and Meredith have other shows as well as the Today show. At least when Katie left she went on to real newscasting and doing field work. Get your ego in check and be grateful for what you have.

April 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeanine

I think they should have a special television channel for people who are has beens. The Today Show will probably be better with someone new.

April 12, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. funk

Its all the baby boomers faulth that this country is so screwed up. They are bringing the country down because of they greed.

April 12, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. mo

What most people forget is that these people aren't journalists – they are news readers – that's all. News is rarely real information, it's soundbites and gossip. Katie Couric landed on the number 3 news because they were desperate to find someone with celebrity appeal and exposure – like the wildly popular 'Today' show. Their morning show just fired everyone and it still is at the bottom, just like the nightly news. Matt Lauer has been lost since Katie split, so now they can resume their careers together.

April 12, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

You're right about the "news reader" part, and that's the problem. Anchors now no longer have credibility.. the trust of the viewing public because the idiot suits that run networks now have convinced themselves that all it takes to be an anchor is popularity. There was a time the anchor was a journalist, the best and most seasoned reporter on the staff. They not only reported the facts, but would put them in context for their viewers. Teach and lead them if you will.

Lightweights like Couric are completely out of their element whe it comes to real news. The public knew it from day one, the suits and Couric were deluding themselves.

April 12, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. forkE

NOw all they need is for ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER to join them, and the total picture would be complete.

April 12, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. goss

Couric is my hero ever since she exposed Palin for the idiot she is.

April 12, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. Beautiful Vixen

Lmao..she smiles like a used car salesman comment. Some of these comments are too funny :)

April 12, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. Gag Me

Shouldnt you be able to read a book, before writing one? Just curious.

April 11, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sunshine Girl *

Im an ABC/Good Morning America fan. Dont like CBS news at all. NBC is tolerable, on a good day. Katie Couric just doesnt fit the morning news show circut anymore. Maybe if she was 25 yrs younger. But then, I never liked her when she was young either. Dont really have anything bad to say about her. She has no intentions of coming back. Shes just using the show as a publicity stunt for her book.

April 11, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Moe

Please – don't bring Katie Couric back to Today – YUK

April 11, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. YoMama

KATIE (for the morons who can't spell) Couric is way too pleased with herself and thinks she's so cute. Barf. Ann Curry is always oh-so-earnest on "important" or "sad" issues. She totally plays little-miss-goody-two-shoes. Barf. Matt Lauer thinks he's so sauve, so good-looking, so above-it-all. Barf. Natalie Morales wears Madonna's cone-boobs for Halloween. Classy.

April 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. YoMama

Sue is Ugly

April 11, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Susan in LA

To "NotFondOfLibs". hahahahaha yeah Ms Couric nailed Palin didnt she, It was awesome to see Palin show her stupidity! rofl!

April 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TP

Matt is welcome to her, I have not seen CBS news since the idiot started there. Any one remember the Somalia, made for TV US marine landing, at night. Blinded by the lights a marine colonel was asked by curic, the deepest question she could muster. " did you bring a lot of MREs" Gees, she was never a news person. Good riddance.

April 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Steve Portaro

awww Im so touched and at the same time I dont give a Sh!@

April 11, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. tristan20000

better watch fox channel then this clowns

April 11, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. tristan20000

they are the ugliest liberal duo in the media,or the worst duo of the top 5,they make anderson cooper look good.

April 11, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. rftallent

I will be sure to avoid Wednesday's show, and I pray that it isn't a pre-cursor for things to come. Couric leaving NBC was good riddance. It didn't take long on CBS to find out that she can't carry a show on her own.

April 11, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. daddio

These two clowns deserve each other. It she is showing up for "ratings" , this should take the show right down the tubes ! Katie is easy on the eyes, and has great legs, but the combination of arrogance and ignorance ruin the physical attraction. Too bad she isn't a pretty Conservative woman !

April 11, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ginny

Thanks everyone for putting a smile on my face tonight. This has been quite amusing!!

April 11, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ajay.

WoW people dont mess with the boobus cheese some what like chunky rocotta

April 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jangocat

Wrong direction. The Today show should be looking forward with some fresh faces instead of trying to recapture the past. Katie is far from the cute bubbly girl she was in her twenties and thirties, and that's what you want for the light heated entertainment show today is. Not some aging sourpuss failed news anchor. Eventually you got to move on.

April 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. mad dog mulligan

they both suck

April 11, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Boobus

smell my cheesy butt

April 11, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Skip J

I think they're both great – I watch Matt in the morning and Katie in the evening. But I won't see them during the work day if they have a daytime show.

April 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. bob read

its better to be silent and thought of as a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt

April 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. John

The right-wings nuts don't like Katie because she asked Sarah Palin such a hard ball question like "What newspaper do you read?" (If you remember, the presidential candidate could not answer...laughable)

April 11, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jerry

She owes her career to Sarah Palin. Before that interview Couric was dying as a new anchor.

April 11, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. markiejoe

I hope they get together - in more ways than one! They make the cutest couple!!!!

April 11, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Generro

why are all these Republicans bashing Katie Couric? Oh wait, Katie exposed the Alaskan bumpkin with one simple question....uhh duhh duhhh i read all them magazines, the national enquirer, star, the daily moose, the weekly alaskan, calvin and hobbes, etc....

April 11, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  33. James

Please tell me it's not so. Couric is a joke. No talent I emailed CBS when she was picked as a news anchor and said BIG MISTAKE. She would be o.k. with Regis showing her legs as the current girls does`. Matt Lauer is taking a step
    down being with her. Merideth Viera is tops. Couric, well ugh.

April 11, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Brian

Wonder how many hours she spends with the make up artists everyday. These people remind my of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's famous speech at Harvard when he said "American journalists are shallow and superficial."

April 11, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Leii

Entertaining! Love them both esp w/ Al. Smart folks. Not as dry as Meredith. M is sweet but missing the punch all the time.

April 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. txkboy

So all of "the affair" rumors will start again. Boring story. Who cares.

April 11, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jean

My disdain for Ms. Couric is that she is not good at interviewing people. Go back to journalism class and remember, ask the straight forward question then be quiet & let the subject respond. She and most of the "reporters" today will ask, "What is your thought on som e subject OR do you think such and such?" Or they ask several questions in one question. I think Ms. Couric and most of the others calling themselves journalists ought to retake a few courses. Don't get me started on ambush journalism. BTW, I tend to be a Democrat.

April 11, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Sal Voce

...and the reason I really care or should care IS?????

April 11, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ralph Petrillo

The shortie with the baldie to talk about nothing dad after day.

April 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Brett

Maybe Katie C. and Kate Goslin should go bowling; they are so much alike!!!

April 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  41. TV Expert

Hi, I'm Katie Couric and I have a butt full of small appliances. See, here's a coffee maker.

April 11, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  42. mike

Just in time to cheerlead Obamas re-election bid...

April 11, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jerkin

I can't get through the day if i don't read a poop comment on these blogs

April 11, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  44. LR NM

Oh gee I can't wait. Wat will it be called – Three Losers?????

April 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jp of Arlington

Here we go again....NBC's male bimbo "Matt Lauer" and his side-dsih of perkiness "Kate Cutie" back together again. ABC's GMA that day for me.

April 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jay

What the heck did the suits at NBC ever see in this blithering idiot in the first place? Has the moron that made the suggestion to make her the anchor been fired?

April 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  47. LB

Wow- most of these comments belong in the toilet. I guess all of you that are trashing Katy don't know what manners are. You'd prefer to be gross and immature than to actually post something like an adult. Betcha still wear your pants low too.

April 11, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Feeniegal

I think Katie handles "real" news and entertaining news well...but I don't like any talk shows anymore..period.

April 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  49. LB

April 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Norcalgal

Katie comes back and I leave. Can't stand her and all those teeth!!!!
    NBC, are you listening??????

April 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  51. driving

i really Love that Womn" She is really high Class"""""

April 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  52. John

I watch the Today show every morn. !! BUT WILL NOT WATCH if couric is on it... period
    can't stand her ... period
    poor Matt

April 11, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  53. sPACE mONKEY

The Today show is exactly where this moron belongs. Moving Ms. Fluffhead USA to the evening news was and is an exercise in stupidity. How am I supposed to take the news from someone with absolutely NO CREDIBILITY? I mean really, if you have to edit the questions and answers to appear more intelligent than Sarah Palin, what does that make you? Oh..I know... Katie C.

April 11, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Gail

Having failed to be taken seriously by the grown-ups she's running back to the Today show where she can do in depth interviews in meaty subjects like personal finance and weigh loss. Toss in some witty banter with the weatherman and her patented idiotic smile and all is well again in simple-mindedland.

April 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Casual Observer

It would be lovely for everyone if Matt & Katie if they were just left to report on things like bake sales, lost kittens and the first snowfall of the season. Between them they don't have enough journalistic integrity to get a job at the Onion.
    The Today Show is not know for its news anymore – especially with its obvious slant to the left. Al Roker sucks now.
    If America wants news then tune into the BBC Beefy Broads Communicating

April 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Jack Cornhole

I want to go on the new Today show, stick a clarinet up my butthole and play the theme from M*A*S*H*.

April 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Sue is ugly

I have a nice taco shell :)

April 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Al Goron

Katy Couric is very smart and informative. If I wasnt gay I would date her.

April 11, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Lou in Arizona

Wow! I would love to see Katie return to the Today Show, but I don't believe that will happen. I've actually been watching her on the weeknight newscast for the past year or so and I think she does a great job. I will miss her. The tension on the Today Show jumps out of the screen at you. Has anyone else noticed that much of the time when Ann is there, Meredith is not, and vice-versa? I enjoy Ann; she can be a serious journalist, not just a news reader. Meredith is so often over the top with her touchy-feely ways and man-crazy comments. If one of them had to go I would send Meredith packing.

April 11, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Brian

Look at that saccharine smile! She smiles like a used car salesman – or a television "journalist."

April 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Lace

Lol..

April 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sgt Shultz

I once saw her pull a toaster our of her rectum.

April 11, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Selfish Gene Simmons

Katie can stay, Matt can go away... starting ... TODAY.

Please... go away kiwi-head. I'm tired.... tired ... of seeing and hearing your dull, boring, slightly dated, un-charasmatic-cabeza de peach... please... bye.

April 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Lonnie

They are the perfect couple-Matt and Katy--they are two of the most arrogant, bitter, repulsive people on the planet.
    They should both do their old show again and find someone--anyone--to sponsor them. No-one would watch but who cares!! Good ridance!

April 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  65. JF

Katie Couric and Matt Lauer wouldn't know a news story if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. These morning shows are nothing but fluffy dog and pony shows. CBS wasted $15 million on KC and now she's looking to put the bite on another network for doing nothing more than reading off a teleprompter ... we already have one ineffectual person who's doing that .. do we need more???

April 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Hanover Fist

@Teresa, why so preachy? I have the right to my opinions just as you do. If I think something sucks or is stupid, I will say so.

April 11, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Hmmm...

Isn't she just doing 1 show w/ Matt to promote her new book? Is she gonna be the new Regis???

April 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Hmmm...

@ Jack, Don't forget the Ed show!! My fav!!!

April 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. erich2112x

she should never have left.

April 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Jack

If anyone cares about the real news MSNBC with Joe and Micka is the show, no animals, no cooking, no fashion shows.

April 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  71. mary

OMG look at the pic.She's gonna eat his face !

April 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jack

Is this the best NBC can do, she is over the hill, get one of the new hot bodies.

April 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  73. MyTwoSons

Seriously? Who cares!

April 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Felicita

She does not have the persona to be on CBS nightly news, but she was an icon on Today show. Tho i will take her over the fake Oprah anytime!!!

April 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  75. ChristyinFL

YES – bring back Katie. I'll watch Today again. Left when they brought Meredith on. Don't care for her. Katie and Matt – perfect. I'm really scared about the fate of our country if you haters don't get it together. I mean really??? That much dislike/hate over a news show? Wow.

April 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Kathy L

I hope Katie comes back, she never should have left. Anne should be offered the chair if Katie's not interested, Anne deserves it & has earned it more than anyone else I can think of.

April 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jj

Boring!

April 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  78. jm

Do we care !!!!!!!!!

April 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Richard

She is not only overly ambitious she is obnoxous

April 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  80. joanne

Really like Matt, sorry ...I dont care for Katie. I only started watching Today because Merideth is there. Wont b watching if Katie comes back, Or If Ann Curry takes over 4 Merideth.....Im definately OUT.

April 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Joanne, we're glad you're "out." While you're "out," learn how to spell "definitely" and "Meredith."

April 11, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Dvaeil

Ah, two liberal lightweights back in their natural environment, a morning talk show.

April 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Sarah

Why do so many people have so much anger and hate in them. Wow. If you don't like Katie, that's fine, just don't watch. But there's no need to get all worked up about it. Take it easy people.

April 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

I agree with you Sarah. They were perfect together and gave NBC a huge following. I hope we will see them together again.

April 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Alex

the Today show was far better with Couric than with Viera

April 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Malaka

Katie and Matt are a perfect match! I hope it happens soon.

April 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  85. J

Frankly. my dear, I don't give a damn!

April 11, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Gotch!

It appears that Charlie Sheen is now posting as "nanjan". Today must be one of his heavy drug use days, as his rants are even more incoherent than normal.

April 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  87. RIALgal

What an incredible amount of pure jealousy comes through the comments of negative posters! It's a good thing we don't have to actually deal with such huge undeservedly inflated egos. They can't produce in real life so they anonymously slam everyone who is successful.

April 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Animal Crappers

I'm gay.

April 11, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • NotFondOfLibs

Katie Couric is a snotnose partisan who has no idea what the responsibilities of an objective journalist are. If that's over your head, get a clue.

April 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  88. nanjan

OMG, Katie is the biggest phony along side of Obama I have ever witnessed in this country. I excercise my right to speak my opinion just like Katie expresses her opinions and does Obama. It does not seem to matter if they are speaking the truth or telling a lie, main stream media which includes Curass, they don't care.

OMG, both Couric, Matt and Obama all make tons of cash and someone might feel sorry for Katie if she loses her contract because people have wised up to her phoniness? Give me a break Couric freaks, open your eyes and ears to the left machine fear monogering like Pelosi telling everyone that 6 million elderly will go hungry if the dems don't get what they want. GIVE ME A BREAK, ONCE AGAIN THIS ADMIN. THINKS WE ARE ALL STUPID OUT HERE..

STUPID IS WHAT STUPID DOES AND MAN THEY ARE STUPID..

April 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • RK

Exhibit A

April 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shirley

Whoaa! Why so hateful? If you don't like them, fine. But really, such hate is not good for the mind and body. Chill Dear!

April 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Did you feel that way when we were looking for WMD's in Iraq? Because we've spent BILLIONS on a war that was started so that Bush could finish a job his dad didn't. Nothing more. Did you like being lied to then? Of course not....that was a republican lying so it was ok because he was against abortions. facepalm.

April 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • SandyB

It's people like you who make a very bad image for your political party. Your reply is demonstrates not one iota of class and a total lack of abilitiy to tolerate others who may not share all your views. It shows you are just plain nasty and I feel sorry for all those who have to put up with you on a daily basis. Try being nice – you just may feel better.

April 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dale

Isn't it cute that people think amalgating the name of someone they disagree with with a derogatory term is a sign of intelligence? This, my friends, is the electorate! And we worry about Al Qeida?

April 11, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Shirley, I think I just came reading your post. :) Thanks.

April 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • MatieRocks

Wow, stop watching NBC and go back to your messiah Glenn Beck

The hate mongering is rampant there, so express your rage there.

April 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wayne

I am going to give you a big AMEN on that one : )

April 11, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • nosnobunny

Tea Party????

April 11, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • blip

"ONCE AGAIN THIS ADMIN. THINKS WE ARE ALL STUPID OUT HERE"..................
      In your case it looks like they got it right.

April 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jms58

nanjan is stupid

April 11, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fufu

& so are YOU!

April 12, 2011 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  89. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Reporting news has become more like a celebrity business, everybody biting and clawing to get on top. Some of the local news stations need to get rid of 3 to 4 people reporting during one news hour, it's ridiculous.

April 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  90. TPF

At least she won't have to sleep with him, he can't promote her. She's so classless!

April 11, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Imposter

Couric tries to pass herself off as some serious jounalist when she is barely qualified to be a guest on The Oprah show.

April 12, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  91. OMG

She is coming to the Today Show to annouce that she is going to run for the Presidency of the United States.

April 11, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

At least that would knock Sarah Palin out of the running.

April 11, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

(chuckle) That would be funny! She may be dumb, but not as dumb as some others that have run.

April 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • beaver

It would certainly be an improvement to what we have as president now.

April 11, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Sam

This is a big sign that Katie will be leaving CBS. They would NEVER let one of their big names appear on a news program for a competing network. Clearly CBS doesn't care because they either know Katie isn't staying or they they don't want her to stay.

April 11, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Jon

Two of the largest egos on television, together again. I ain't gonna watch that sheet.

April 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  94. John Bastion

It's about time CBS finally realized Katie is no true news journalist. She's better off covering a Lindsay Lohan story or Charlie Sheen tirade than talking global climate changes with World Leaders if she even knows who the world leaders are. Oh and by the way, when she tells NBC news during an interview that she cannot go to Afghanistan to cover news because her babysitting and baking cookies are more important,, .. I think that pretty much sums up her character !!

April 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wendy

AND I'm sure you would be the first to criticize her if she did decide to go to a war zone area to cover the news..."What is that woman doing putting herself in danger when she has 2 kids and there isn't a dad to watch them when she is gone".

April 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl

I really do not think you watch her news stories, if you did you would have never made such a comment. Please in the future, research what you say before you say it. Everyone has a contract, no anchor is open ended. Her contact will be up and it is her choice what she does, I am sure money is not a problem to her, so if she wants a new show, why not. Matt would be a great addition, they were great together before.

April 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo58

Obviously, you did see her with Palin, she is a newswoman.

April 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Daniel

The Today show is Katie's La casa.

April 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Jaycee

Some of you CLASSLESS people are really disgusting – you have crap for brains. I love Katie & Matt together, but I hope they do a news show in the morning or evening – I can't watch during the day.

April 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vanilla Gorilla

If you like Matt and Katie you must think that Dumb & Dumber deserved an Oscar !!!
      Put them on E where they belong !!

April 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike, TX

@VANILLA GORILLA...................................REALLY!!!????? Matt and Katie on the TODAY show was classic. They played so well off of each other.

April 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo58

Vanilla, have you done your homework this evening?

April 11, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Approaching Uranus

Couric reminds me of a smelly bucket of pig vomit.

April 12, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  97. Jack

OMG! Why is everyone being so mean?. Didn't your mother tell you if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all? I know it's a free country, but where has civility gone?

April 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lou

I agree 100%.

April 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

I could not agree more!

April 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teresa

You are so right Jack. What has happened to civility? Our politicians, teachers, students, the lady at the checkout. We've become a society of extreme views and even more extreme hate. I doubt this will make anyone stop themselves from posting a hateful comment but I sure hope they really think about what they post.

April 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shirley in Texas

There are a lot of sick people out there, and I think your one. Seek help soon!

April 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nothems

Shirley, who are you talking to...Jack or someone that agrees with him. Maybe you should think before you post.

April 11, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janice

Oh my, I can't wait to see those legs back on Today. Mmmmh

April 11, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Shirley In Texas

Seek an English teacher for a spelling lesson before you tell others they need help.

April 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

It's the anonimity of the internet that makes it so. While there are very rude and extreme people out there, the anonimity of posting things online allows for extreme rudeness. These cowards wouldn't be able to say half the stuff they do if they had to do it person.

April 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • NotFondOfLibs

You liberals are so amusing and hypocritical when it comes to civility. It is perfectly ok for liberals/democrats to be uncivil to Conservatives/Republicans 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but it's a different story when liberals/democrats are criticized by Conservatves/Republicans. Couric failed to elevate the CBS Evening News because she had no audience with Republicans who remembered how partisan she was on "Today". For those of you who don't like it when she is criticized, too bad. Go pound some sand.

April 11, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • tobiwan

That was thumper the rabbit's mommie

April 11, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

Who cares what folks say? It's not like Katie Couric or Matt Lauer are reading this dribble...

April 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keith Moon

Agreed. Look at how many people responded and turned this into some sort of political debate...this article is about a reporter and the post you are responding to is about civility. Nothing to do with politics at all. I am usually all for civility but in this case I must say that anyone that concerned with creating a political debate out of nowhere needs to get a life.

April 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

I'm gonna puke..

April 11, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Generro

April 11, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buster

Right, man. If you don't have anything nice to say NEVER put it in writing.

April 12, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  98. Sue

Whew.............hope none of YOUR family members are in the service overseas!!!! If so, wonder how YOU'D feel if they came home in a coffin???!!?? Such blatant hatred is one of the main reasons this country is going to hell in a handbasket!!

April 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Dale

And I suppose that you would also label yourself a Christian??? But I'm sure you aren't reading the same Bible ...

April 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  100. MyTwoSons

Wish there was a like button here!

April 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Mike

I HATE the Today show. I would love to see Katie and Matt doing a talk show. News needs to get out of the entertainment business.

April 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Janice

Don't look at her gums, look at her boobies and nice legs.

April 11, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Sue is ugly

This country is going to hell because of you silly, obama voting, everyone is good, everyone is a victim, molly-coddling jack@sses.

April 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Steve

Going back to her comfort zone of covering stupid pet tricks, cooking, making small talk, and entertainment news.

April 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Dale

April 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  106. YoMama

yeah, sure.... *that's* why. thanks for explaining it to us. now, we can take action.

April 11, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Pres Obama

Dear Sue is Ugly: I read your comments with interest and apologize that you find me unsatisfactory. That's not a complaint your momma has, however. She's alwayz be beggin' me for more!

April 13, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  108. Foot Massage

The only way I want too look at her is with my foot kicking her teeth out.

April 12, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |