'Idol's' Pia Toscano: No record deal – yet
April 11th, 2011

'Idol's' Pia Toscano: No record deal – yet

Despite reports that "American Idol" cast-off Pia Toscano has been snapped up by Interscope Records, the former contestant tells "Showbiz Tonight's" A.J. Hammer there's no done deal yet.

Still rebounding from her surprise exit from "Idol," Toscano said she appreciates the support she has received from those who were stunned by her elimination.

“I mean, it’s overwhelming," she said. "When I was on that stage on Thursday night, I’m thinking to myself, ‘It’s over, it’s coming to an end, I mean, it’s so soon, I’m not going to be able to perform next week, I’m going to miss my friends,’ I had no idea that I was going to get this support. No idea.”

Toscano said it was rough going, trying to maintain her composure after host Ryan Seacrest announced that she was out of the competition.

“You know, it was all raw emotion," she said. "I was just so... kind of devastated at the whole thing so I was just trying to be, just trying to get through it, which I really couldn’t. I mean, after they showed the clip of my grandfathers and my goodbye clip, I just broke down.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, not everyone was shocked by Toscano being cut.

“I know the [voting] results, so I know she was never a frontrunner,” "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe told Yahoo! Music‘s Reality Rocks. “The fact of the matter is that it appears that Pia didn’t connect with the audience as much as we maybe think she did. And she wasn’t voted through.”

Catch Toscano's interview on "Showbiz Tonight"  today at 5 p.m. ET on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. deal or no deal blog

Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your site in web explorer, would check this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a big section of other people will leave out your fantastic writing due to this problem.

May 2, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Forrest

I WILL buy Pia's first CD...she is the ONLY Idol contestant I can say that about...I have already purchased her single, "River Deep, Mountain High" from iTunes. FYI: I am a 62 year old mother/grandmother/great grandmother who recognizes beauty and talent. I predict Pia will be another Celine Dion (one of my very favs).

April 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. steve

VOTER ERROR
    FIRST THERE WAS OBAMA
    THEN THERE WAS PIA

April 14, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LittleMo

Does anyone else wonder why only AT&T cell customers can text votes? American Idol should accept text votes from all cell carriers or none of them. It would go a long way to making the voting more fair.

April 12, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bounce

She should have bounced up and down more.

It might not have helped her win, but I would have enjoyed watching...

April 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Simple

It's simple. The huge majority of votes are now teenage girls texting. It's a teenage heartthrob popularity contest that has little to do with singing ability. Who the teenage girls like most... will win.

April 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Donna Summer

The 5 latest to leave Idol were girls. Coincidence? Don't think so. Next it will be Lauren or Hailey. Lauren is probably the weakest right now. Hailey has a great soul voice, but a soul or rock singer has never won. And probably never will unless they change the voting system.

April 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Moi

I am puzzled by why Pia got voted out. Her voice is incredible and I thought she have great chances of being this season's American Idol. It is just puzzling why she got eliminated at this time and she is even on the top 3 where she definitely belongs. Getting the same reaction from judge Randy who expressed that he felt angry for the first time he's been on the show tells me that something is amiss.

But I hope she showed her talent and her incredible voice will land her a career in the music industry. How can a voice like Pia's be lost and not heard again! Best of luck to her.

April 12, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. allen

Strictly on talent, Pia should have made top 3. But when the majority of your voting audience is pre teenage girls...they are gonna vote for a guy everytime. Not sure why people get so surprised, its turned into a popularity contest, not a singing contest.

April 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Fran

BYE BYE PIA!!! What a snoozefest this girl is! She has a decent voice but nothing special she may cut one record but I doubt it's going to sell big. Move on Pia....

April 12, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Donna Summer

Hey, we all know that the majority of the voters are teenage girls. And what do they vote for? Pretty boys of course. Pia should have been in final three, along with Casey and Jacob.

April 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fran

Totally disagree here she never would have won or made top3 she has no personality or stage presence and her voice is mediocre at best.

April 12, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Idol Watcher

Steve, Jlo, & Randy, are you now kicking yourselves for wasting your save on that red headed dweeb.

April 12, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. moon627

So many stupid people ... dont you know the judges reaction was entirely a setup and all for ratings ?

Idol has always been a popularity contest – – in case you havent noticed this happens every season.

There are plenty of talented kids still on the show and they deserve to be acknowledged for it instead of whining about one person getting voted off – they will all get voted off eventually.

This is not the Pia show – just get over it and move on...

April 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. PK

Maybe she just isn't as well liked as the others. Yes she can sing but she may not be what the viewers are wanting to see. I feel the judges were way out of place on Thursdays show. Their comments made it sound like the other contestants weren't worthy of getting through. How do they think it made Stefano feel. Their comments were not very supportive of the singers. This is the first time I have been utterly disappointed by the judges comments. They need to apologize to the other singers for making in sound like they weren't worthy of getting through to the next round.

April 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. B lo me

How many american idol winners have had sustained suscess they all have been 1 hit wonders except for the truely talented like kelly and jennifer

April 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Rhyne

Let's not forget,The most famous Idol winner of them all ,to this date ....Carrie Underwood !

April 12, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joseph Grossermaneserer

The show has much potential.

April 12, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. Thomas R. Clauss (Dad Clauss) age 98

This group is a wonderful collection of Talent!

April 12, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  18. Richard

This is too bad!! I found a 12 year old doing Florence + the Machine "dog days" it is awesome.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycwz2J3YdAo&w=640&h=390]

Maybe on American Idol someday? I hope so. They come in younger now...

April 12, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron in California

Lot of work needed on the vocals for this young girl...but hey good lick to her.!

April 12, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jen

i seriously doubt Pia has the real talent to make it a long time in the music business - I highly doubt that all these Pia supporters are going to want to listen to her drone on for the rest of their lives...that's how I gauge music...is this music that I would listen to for the rest of my life - not some passing fancy, like most of the music out there today...Pia was B-O-R-I-N-G and i'm sick and tired of bland boring singing with no musicality behind it...sure she may make some money and good for her on that, but she's not a long-lasting figure in the music scene.

April 12, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. Bill & Ted

AI blows chunks, dudes. A lame show for even lamer people. Cartoons and bong hits! That's the way to go!

April 12, 2011 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
  21. jlg222

She's good singer – – sounds and looks like a beauty pagent singer or a broadway singer. No way would I buy a cd of hers. She deserved to go off. She sounded the same in everything she sang – ballad. Good singer, but still much better in the running for American Idol winner who will sell records!!

April 12, 2011 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sunshine Girl *

AI is suppossed to be a singing contest, right? The competion is based on how well a contestant can sing. NOT dance/move around/shake your butt. This talk about her being boring/not the whole package is nonsense. There are a ton of excellent singers who dont do all that. Its just a lame excuse. I also agree that the voting system is all wrong. 1 vote per phone #/text/computer address only. That would seem fair. Im sure if we voted like that, the outcome would be so much different/better. Get a clue AI!

April 12, 2011 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  23. Patty - Illinois

Pia is really a beautiful, talented girl. However, where is the outrage concerning the removal of several other talented singers? I felt sorry for the Italian boy who was standing beside her on the stage when the judges and Idol attendees booed the decision regarding her removal. He must have felt that they wanted him gone instead of her. Pia will be o.k. She has auditioned for Idol five times (as indicated by her on The View today) so her determination will get her through what lies ahead.

April 12, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  24. Beth

I have often said that the voting is so wrong! It should only be one vote per phone number. This would allow and accurate count and perhaps stop very talented singers from being eliminated. Face it.....Paul can't sing his way out of a paper bag and he's still there! Unreal.

April 11, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Richard Allen

who is this girl again?

April 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bill & Ted

We voted no on the whole thing! We'd rather watch a tractor pull in Alabama than any of these losers!

April 11, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  27. pokey

u rock, pia. i will miss you.

April 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  28. pokey

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE VOTING SYSTEM. TRUST ME, IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. I believe you should only get one vote. Not ten, or up to 50 online. I am older and im not going to sit on the phone and computer like some little tweens and vote vote vote. I vote one time for my favorite and thats the way it shoud be for everyone. If the voting system allowed only one vote, believe me, the outcome would be much different.

April 11, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. totadas

Stephanis hair extensions looked silly. The poor guy got a weave to hide his ugly horrific creepy face.

April 11, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Simon Cowell

You all suck! go home and watch X-factor!

April 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. betina

Pia has a great voice but a great voice is not enough...she is so boooooring

April 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Name*the one

The fact is... she didn't have the whole package. Whoever is mad should stop watching and go listen to a radio. As beautiful as she is, I wouldn't pay to go see some one stand in one spot.

April 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sheenius

Sanjia....

April 11, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ron Jeremy

a girl with a mouth like that can always find work in P0rn! "Sword Swallowing" anyone?

April 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  35. marsha

Iam sorry I have to say all u guys are wrong. The idol has been off its rocker since fantasia won. too many people of color has been very good and hasnt won...I want to know whats up wth that,? We do have soul and if we can sing we give 100%

April 11, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. bendonover

i bet playboy would offer her a deal i would buy it

April 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jeff

They absolutely WASTED their wild card on that idiot who screams and plays the stand up bass. Yah, he is ok, but he is nothing compared to Pia. Shame.

April 11, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  38. @simon cowell

I know what yer saying! They are supposed to be judging, Not seeing who can be the nicest! They should pick some "real" people to judge, ya know?

April 11, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Simon Cowell

If the judges didn't lavish praise on all the contestants (especially JLo) maybe the voters could make a distinction as to who should go home. If everybody is special then nobody is special. And using that save before they were even in the top 10... Just shows how the judges seems like they don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Where is Simon when you need him?

April 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  40. @over70

I agree w/ u 100% ! Pia is not the whole pkg, I also knew she wouldn't last too long. She is a snob & very stuck on herself. She has nice voice, I'll give her that. Would I pay to see her in concert? Hail no! BORING! Some1 had it right-Pia & Thia on a cruise ship singing. Pia in adult dinner show & Thia with the kids. Everybody quit complaining & VOTE!!( like the teens u keep bad mouthing)

April 11, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Texas Mom

For all those out there who are complaining about how she was the best and shouldn't have went home, look at it like this American Idol is a show about the whole package not just your voice. They want someone who can sing and entertain at the same time and I am sorry to hurt someones feelings but Pia had no stage presence.

April 11, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Millie Bea

Someone will want to make a quick buck off of her- and they will- and then she will fade into the fame sunset. She has no personality. What was that dress she was wearing on Leno- from the Peggy Lee Collection? And no lipstick?
    She has had good music training- and she has an acceptable voice- she's not a star. First- she should NEVER have agreed to just singing with Leno's band- she should have insisted on a featured number- now she's just a singer with the band.- who dresses really badly.

April 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pia Fan

Yeah and she'll be laughing all the way to the bank ;fade into the fame sunset then back into the limelight again !

April 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Manuel Labor

When only h0m0s and teeny boppers watch and vote, no hot chick will ever get enough votes to stick around.

April 11, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. creepo

Bet she look ok with her pants off.

April 11, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. over 70

I predicted from the beginning Pia would not last nor should she – good voice – really seemed to be stuck on herself and seemed to have held herself far above the other singers – judges were not fair to other singers by reacting the way they did to Pia's elimination – where is their compassion – what did Steven mean by voters not having compassion? The judges were so unkind to the singers who were allowed to continue...voters have voiced their choice – now get on with the show and maybe watch Pia go into a a very successful career..

April 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Head Diva In Charge

@cant believe its not butter, just by your name prove you are an idiot.

April 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. JSRagman

I've seen Jennifer Hudson in concert and she sucked.

April 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. cant belive is not butter

The reason she did not get vote is because most of the people that call and vote are woman and young girls, woman can't. Stand to see a pertty face with out being jelous especialy the bores and the tooth pick.face it uglys and cows pia has talent and don't blame her for your hubby or boy frieand druling over her, besides her being a hot pants she has talent....shame on you caddy woman

April 11, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Superhiro

Another reject from this show destined for obscurity. Hopefully she has some other skills or an education to fall back on.

April 11, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Rhyne

Apparently,you don't have ears for great talent and must be on Crack ! This humble, beautiful, young and talented woman will greatly succeed ! Pia is this year's A.I. version of Jeniffer Hudson !

April 12, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  50. frito

I am not watching it anymore this season. The show is targeted at 12 year old girls. Let them have it. Pia was the best performer in the last 3 or 4 seasons. She should have won. Evertone agrees to this except for the trolls and tweens.

April 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. chrissy

pia being voted off may be the best thing that happened to her. she is probably getting more publicity this way then if she actually won the contest...good luck pia...remember we go nowhere by accident...where ever we go god is sending us there for a reason :)

April 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Rhyne

Yes , My thoughts exactly although, i'll certainly miss her on the Idol Stage as i faithfully voted for her but,unfortunately my single vote could'nt withstand the teeny bopper girl's and the cougar's multi-voting for the cute boys but,something good will definitely come out of this ! Pia is this season's A.I. version of Jennifer Hudson !

April 12, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Over50

Wish you all the best. Be sure to get a great coach for improving your stage presence. Take the advice of Idpl jugdes- and learn tp move on stage. You look so out of place and veru awkward.

April 11, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Head Diva In Charge

I think she has the whole package. People will be surprised how well her career goes....I am sure of it!

April 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  54. R Kelly

I would like to be PN on Pia.

April 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  55. StankFoot

Pia cant sing into my Living Microphone.

April 11, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Hmmm...

Pia & Thia, togethjer forever on a Disney Cruise ship! Perfect!!

April 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  57. wm

The problem with Pia was not her singing. She is really good, but its her personality. She is like a wet blanket. There is nothing there and people are just not into her. Cant take it away from her, she can sing her a$$ off but to be an idol, you need a personality.. She should work on it!

April 11, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • ekim

LOL, you have to be kidding. There has never been such a reaction to an contestant leaving. The judges were shocked, the studio audience was shocked, the internet has been ablaze with Pia supporter outraged and vowing never to watch again. Pia connected, she just did not connect with you and 14 year old girls with unlimted texting and calling, AT&Ts dream. Nigel is coveing his tracks, he knows the voting system is flawed. AI has produced 2 winners and 7 losers this year it will be 8. That is a 20% success rate. AI will be off the air in 3 years.

April 11, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • tj

At this stage of things, you can't dismiss possibly the best voice on AI because you don't think she puts on a show for you–whatever that means. Record labels have departments and personnel to address any stage performance development/presence needed. If they see a major talent/singer like Pia, they will work with her in that regard. You should be aware that if they used you criteria for judging true marketable talent, they wouldn't have many artist on their roster.

April 11, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • malamar

I couldn't agree with you more, great singer, has the potential to have a career, but she was never going to win because of her personality. Give her some time with some coaches and she can be great.
      Let's face it AI has never been about who the greatest singer is, it's about who can sell the most albums right now, without further investment. If Pia were to put out single out tomorrow it would do well on the radio, but promoting it would be difficult because she is too raw.
      Some of the remaining contestants, even though they may not have the same quality voice as Pia, need less refinement, therefore giving them a stronger chance to win.

April 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Libra

Celine Dion has a terrific show in Vegas and she performes and acts, Barbra Streisand is not just a voice she's raw emotion and poetry, so please stop comparing Pia Toscano to any of them just because she sings fine but is very cold, she can not connect despite her beauty. She's no Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson nor Jennifer Hudson!!!

April 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Some people have to be taught to entertain. They have to be taught what stage presence is. Some folks have it automatically (Fantasia, Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson); some don't have it and have to learn it. Jennifer Hudson was a standup straight singer, too. It surely hasn't hurt her Career (even when Simon told her she had no career). I expect to hear Pia on the radio sometime in the near future. The radio could care less whether Pia is connecting or not.

April 11, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  59. ron ramery

she sucks

April 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  60. tj

Dear Mr. Lythgoe - It is entirely disingenuous for you to say Pia was not connecting with the audience. How would you know that? Your voting system is so flawed and useless as a means of getting a true sense of what America really thinks. By allowing the tweenies' untrained ears and mastery over text message voting to have control over who stays or goes, it is impossible to know! You'd better fix this mess and do it now because it has become obvious to everyone that AI has no credibility as a true talent contest. It's a boy-crush beauty pageant for little girls with cell phones...I won't watch anymore until this is corrected because I don't want to continue watching the most talented women dismissed one by one any longer. It's a joke.

April 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

So what else is new. The voting system has always sucked. Idol goes through this every year with everyone complaining about the voting system. It hasn't changed yet and it never will. It's about money, folks! There's a ton of money involved in all that voting. AI could care less about the tweens and their texting ability. The producers care about how many votes came in; age demographics hardly matter.

April 11, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • freddy j

I totally agree with you tj. I could not have said it better. the whole show is just a "Joke" now. these are people with real feelings and talent ( well some) that go out there and give it everything they have, and it should never be a popularity contest. there are other formats for that for sure. When the "Voice" comes to Tv soon, they may give Idol a run for ratings for sure. American Idol has had its day, its time to go home for good.

April 11, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • gayle holden

You nailed it. This is exactly what has happened to AI and the producers have sold out to an audience that knows nothing about how to judge true musical talent and ability. It is insulting and humiliating, not only for the participants and judges but also for those of us at home who see what this gig is all about. Mr. Lythgoe: You and your Hollywood cronies are directly responsible for the mess that is entertainment these days. Meaningless, shallow, dumbed down and disposable. Pathetic.

April 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • lsee

I agree, Ngel seems to be a smart a** when he was referring that PIa did not connect with the voters and was not a front runner, BULL. The judges sure thought she was. I say they should have kept their save for someone worhy like her.

April 12, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Baron23

True dat...true dat. No doubt this is a search for America's next POPcycle and not true singing artist.

April 12, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Vera

She should be so happy for all the support she's getting, but truth to be told she's not very exciting, beautiful and talented yes but exciting not. I guess she will get some kind of coaching in the performance side to get her ready for any audience!!!

April 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • cant belive is not butter

You just jelous cause the girl is super hot...shame on you!

April 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • tj

What do you want her to do–stand on her head or jump around on stage with her hair on fire? Have you noticed that she can sing circles around many of the other contestants? In the end, she will far out-sell the others because bottom line: record labels and producers (people who actually know what they are talking about and what they know will be successful and sell) would rather sign her then most of the others on AI. You will see Paul at your local county fairs and that's about it it. Good luck getting a real record deal for him! Pia will sell lots of records for many years–whether you think she has talent or not.

April 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • J88eddy

I agree. Her beauty was her downfall with all the girl voters

April 11, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron in California

I dunno?? got me excited...does that count?

April 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JSRagman

Who cares if Ms Toscano doesn't move around and jump all over the stage. Celine Dion is painful to watch and Barbra Streisand stands in one place while singing and it certainly hasn't stymied their careers. She is also much prettier than either B. Streisand or C. Dion.

April 11, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • cindy

YOURE RIGHT – THE JUDGES INSISTED PIA MOVE AROUND THE STAGE MORE – WHY?LET THEM SING AND MOVE HOW THEY WANT TO – SINATRA DIDNT JUMP AROUND – THEIR OPINIONS AND QWEN STEFANI'S CLOTHING CHOICE SUCKED

April 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • leelanau

I agree that her wardrobe choice did her in.....looked like a shoulders to the knees diaper.

April 12, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • SCDrummer

Apparently, I replied to the wrong post originally...that should go a long way to undermine the credibility of my response, but I'll give it again anyway. I agree with you in principle. Barbra Streisand did have a wonderful career as a singer despite being literally too terrified to perform live. However, this is a different age...one made up of people raised on sound bites and non-stop, over-the-top entertainment (Madonna for example). Pia would have been the biggest star in the world if she had been on American Idol in 1968, but today...not so much. She comes across as disconnected and a bit boring, although she has an amazing voice. I feel bad for her, but that's the reality of the business.

April 12, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  63. tom alan

Change the system all together–take the final 10 and do a "chase" like nascar does assigning position points each week. Keeps everyone on and everyones favorite there longer keeping more viewers interested. Then when by "point" out of running" eliminate them–keeps more there longer and don't get knocked out for one bad week

April 11, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Sunshine Girl *

She may not have gotten a record deal yet, but its still early. I'm sure there have been reps talking to her. She may not put on a show, but she sure can sing! There are some performers who are better to just listen to. (Celine Dion for example.) I think she's one of those types. Something good will happen to her I'm sure.

April 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • SCDrummer

April 12, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  65. John Rueschenberg

Mr. Lythgoe, your American Idol voting system has way too many flaws and you need to take some responsibility, not make excuses. Please check out this link:

Also, http://www.PortlandsBest.Com also has the following poll:
    Should American Idol give the show’s viewer’s a “Wild Card” and allow the viewer’s an opportunity to vote and bring back one contestant to the show?
    Current Results:
    95% – Yes, 5% – No

April 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Theres no excuses!! No votes you go go home! Plain and simple! Pia, was good to me; but I am only 1 vote and, she didn't even get that! The voting system works fine; but if no one votes, then no system will change that!

April 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liliana

No way viewers should be able to bring someone back. You think the voting system is screwed up now? Plus, they have the chance to vote the first time.

April 12, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Ben

She didn't get the votes, so she goes home. It's a popularity contest and the song choices and style and the chose is not as popular. How many ballad lovers watch American Idol? It doesn't matter how good she sings, and she does sing her songs exceptionally well, if it's not a style you care to hear, it doesn't become entertaining.

April 12, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  66. SmarterthanU

Pia! You'll get something! And when you do – http://www.lizolivier.com for your Hair & Make-up!!

You did great!

April 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • B=Dog

A) She's under contract with American Idol until the tour is over.

B) Why are people shocked?? it's been LESS than a week.

April 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |