'My So-Called Life' finds a home on Sundance Channel
April 10th, 2011

'My So-Called Life' finds a home on Sundance Channel

The Sundance channel recently acquired the rights to the ‘90s cult classic that put Claire Danes and Jared Leto on the map.

“My So-Called Life” will air on The Sundance Channel come April 25 at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

Despite critical acclaim and a spot on Time magazine’s list of “The 100 Best Shows of All-Time," ABC’s hour-long teen drama ended after just 19 episodes in 1995.

“We love ‘My So-Called Life’ because it’s both substantive and engaging,” Sarah Barnett, Sundance’s general manager and executive vice president said in a statement. “We’re delighted to bring back the series for the passionate audience that adored the show when it first premiered and we’re thrilled to introduce it to a whole new audience that can enjoy it for the first time.”

Danes received the Golden Globe Award for best actress in a television series drama for her role as main character Angela Chase, a high school sophomore struggling to find a place for herself.

“The timeless stories hold up brilliantly,” Barnett adds.

Filed under: television

1. @Head Diva

How many jugs of wine you had this weekend? Were you oiled down and got poked like the pig you are? I actually feel sorry for you from reading your blogs but then again from reading them showed me you are not a really nice person. How is PJ? Did you go to Heathers this weekend? tee hee! So how much better is it in MA than it it in NJ that makes you think you are better than us?

April 11, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. Head Diva In Charge

I loved this show when it first aired. It was one of those rare shows that regardless of age, you were drawn to the story, because everyone could relate. Glad it's going to see the light of day!

April 11, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. Head Diva In Charge

Oh you are just jealous because you are not invited to the party. Hey we can make it a 3sum. Oil me up baby, slap my big fat rump and put it in.

April 11, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Head Charged B lo me Diva

I think you're both hopeless brain damage patients:

April 11, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. Head Diva In Charge

I'm at 69 Hwy Fish Smell. Please bring me a few jugs of wine. Hurry!! The party starts at 12. Cat has a scratch. I got cat scratch fever. We can then go ride a bull.

April 10, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. The Real B lo me

We'll leave that a surprise. If you have that bucket of KFC, ill head your way. Tell me where....waiting

April 10, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Chris

Brilliant show. I was only 11 when it came out, but I remember it well. My Mother and Sister were big fans. This show spawned plenty of godawful teenage dramas that never equaled its subject matter and engaging storytelling.

April 10, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Head Diva In Charge

Oh yeeeaaa! What you want to do with me? You are making me blush thinking about it..tee hee

April 10, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. The Real B lo me

I like fat girls and live in MA as well. Hit me up Diva or reply with your digits.

April 10, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Head Diva In Charge

@Sunshine Girl..geeze lousie they highjacked your name also?

April 10, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Head Diva In Charge

Being a single, fat and ugly girl of the age of 32 people wonder why i am not married or in a relationship. they even have the nerve to think that i am gay for it also. I live in the thick woods of MA and drinks jugs of wine with KFC chicken at my bedside. Men looks at me weird.

April 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. The Real Sunshine Girl

I'm the real sunshine girl

April 10, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Head Diva In Charge

Oh i hear you Sunshine Girl! Wooo Weee i hear ya!

April 10, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sunshine Girl*

Never watched the show myself, but Ms. Danes is a good actress. Why shouldnt they bring it back? Maybe the younger viewers might like it. Personally, Im too old for a show like that. Has better moral standards for today, than say, shows like 'Glee'. Besides, it cant be any worse than anything else their airing these days.

April 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. frito

Claire Danes was and is A OK. Wish she was making more stuff now. She is a keeper.

April 10, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cheryl

loved this show --This show was the closest to real teenage life back then....
    ... had a "Jordan Catalano" just like "Angela" did.

April 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |