January Jones: 'Mad Men' doesn't pay well
April 8th, 2011

January Jones: 'Mad Men' doesn't pay well

She wears a daring purple dress with a plunging neckline on the May cover of Marie Claire U.K., and inside the magazine, January Jones really gets it all off her chest. In a refreshingly candid interview, the blonde beauty lets loose on  jealous classmates, her "Mad Men" money, and ex-boyfriend Ashton Kutcher.

For starters, the actress insists she didn't pursue a modeling career to get back at all those girls in high school who were mean to her because they thought she wasn't pretty.

"Where are you getting this s-?" she asks the writer. "It sounds like something I might have said when I was, like, 15. The bitches in high school were bitches because I was pretty."

Before hitting it big on "Mad Men," Jones dated Kutcher, who reportedly told her she'd never make it in Hollywood. She reportedly bristled when Marie Claire's writer mentioned his name.

"I don’t comment about that," she tells the magazine. "And I never commented about him."

Though she's since proven Kutcher wrong and landed on a successful series, Jones insists she isn't rolling in dough.

"Financially, we don’t get paid very much on the show and that’s well-documented," she says of "Mad Men." "On the other hand, when you do television you have a steady paycheck each week, so that’s nice."

What do you think of Jones's statements? Tell us in a comment below.

1. lap camera

Magnificent points altogether, you simply received a logo new reader. What may you suggest in regards to your publish that you made some days ago? Any certain?

March 27, 2013 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. articles of today

Howdy very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I am satisfied to find numerous helpful info here within the publish, we need work out extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

August 15, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cursos a distancia gratis

I don't even know how I stopped up here, however I thought this publish was good. I do not recognise who you might be however definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you happen to aren't already. Cheers!

April 1, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Name*amanda

Honest and totally refreshing!

July 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. KLOUDmaker

I never liked Ashton Kucher or what he has done...... until now....

May 23, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. geeeez

Wow...give the woman a break. She is speaking from HER perspective and making the comment that she doesn't pull in the money that one might think she does. I would give her the benefit of the doubt because I have a bit of experience with the news media.....and often times, they make up what they print or skew it hugely.

April 29, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. Nan

Watch it January. You are very good at playing an ice cold mother. This is why you might not be missed if you put up too much of a fuss.

April 12, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Isis

Aw Janauary, I'm pretty too, and I bet those girls were jealous of ya.

What's interesting to me, is the EVERY SINGLE COMMENT regarding that statement has dissed you, when, to me, it's apparent that your feelings are still hurt. Gotta get over it, sista.

I like how you portray Betty ..... and if anyone says you're not a good actress, I would have them look at that shining smile in the photo on this article and *compare* that energy to Betty, whom I don't think has NEVER smiled on Mad Men. Good luck to you. xox.

April 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Aaron

She is lucky to make anything. She isn't all that attractive, an L.A. 6 at best, and is not a very good actress. Hope she is saving because she will not make a career out of acting.

April 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LaBellaLuna

Note to January: Maybe those high school girls didn't like you because you're a stuck up snob, not because you're "pretty."

April 11, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Shannon Nutt

Jones makes enough to purchase a million-dollar home, which she acquired in 2009.

April 11, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. denise

Good pay is relative. Curious comment – I wonder why she said it. The show is amazing. The people who write are so bizarre. I think these comments should be shut down. People obviously can't be civil so STOP THIS FORMAT!

April 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Melisa

Does anyone else find it ironic that Ashton Kutcher of all people told her she would never make it in Hollywood?? What is his big claim to fame, besides his wife?? He basically played himself in That 70's Show....and now he is doing camera commercials.

April 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. the_dude

My take on this is that she is borderline-retarded.

April 11, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jesse

January Jones has to be one of the worst SNL hosts ever. Boring. And after reading this...at least she has looks.

April 11, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  16. pat

If you had ever seen her perform live you would kniw exactly what AK meant and would agree. No talent

April 11, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. johny.d

I can't believe anyone even cares what she has to say. She should be very gratefull for that role.....

April 11, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mark Sanchez

I'm too infatuated by her beauty to say anything bad about her. If her showbiz career doesn't take off, she can come live with me.

April 10, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  19. gay endings

sunshine girl is gay and needs to lern how to spel.

April 10, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sunshine Girl

OK!! ALL LESBIANS AND TRANS!!! LETS GO TO AMSTERDAM TO HAVE A TACO HOLE FEST AND HAVE NICE POOP SHOOT TIME!!! City Boy U CAN COME TOO!!!!! Head Diva In Charge NOW IS GIVING ME A POOP SHOOT EXPERIANCE WITH HER 20 INCH STICK THAT IS DRIPPING WITH SALTY WHITE GOO!!!!!

April 10, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Zig

...compared to regular network shows ( that is CBS , etc.) actors on cable shows are paid at a different rate, much less... they have a much smaller audience too of course ... though the quality of the shows ( writing an production values) can be much better than networks shows.... that don't have the impact that Mad men has unless they ratings giants ( often even if they are ) ...

April 10, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Don JJ

Thanks City Boy. Spread the word of my coolness and the creepiness of Sunshine Girl and Head Diva In Charge. I also dare someone to imperssonate me, use my name, and say gay comments. I dare you!

April 10, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Paul

Weird chick all around

April 10, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Anne B. - Chicago

As a SAG actor myself, January is correct that you don't get paid much but it is steady. On the issue with high school broads, who cares. January is doing great and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

April 10, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Leo

Well that's what she gets for starring in a show that takes place in the 60's.

April 10, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  26. City Boy

DonJJ is cool. I am a freak. Don's name was webjacked...I just like to jack it. We owe JJ an apology...Jesse owes me a monster disco stick in da pooper! Let's all put things into perspective. Don JJ is alright....I am no longer tight. He is a good guy....I gave up da pie! Don is a normal dude, I love schlongs, its crude!! See ya!

April 10, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jason Patrick

I know I'd be frustrated too if I only made about $50,000 an episode. Who is this woman? I hope her life gets so incredibly bad she has to flip burgers at Mc Donalds for a living after this show is cancelled but then again It's called royalties, so hopefully she gets a horrible drug addiction.

April 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @N

Eeeewwww.sunshine girl & head diva in charge r gay!!!!!they gone all the way!!!!eeeewwwww!!!!!!!!!!they need talk to gays!!!

April 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sunshine Girl

Want to make-out with me again Head Diva In Charge?I am wearing no clothes!!You want that babe?Dontcha?It's great that your a lesbian too!!

April 10, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Bucktooth

She's better off without the high school dirtballs, and Kutcher! He's a clown!

April 10, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Head Diva In Charge

I go all the way with my third grade class.I just gone all the with Sunshine Girl we shoved our fingers up each others gravy holes.Being a lesbian rules!!!!!!Go lesbians!!!!!!

April 10, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. china

i think i work 3 jobs and still bring home less than $300/month, so I cant wait to hear her complain about how shes only making millions

April 10, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • wallyhorse

Actually:

If she's making $50,000 an episode and they do 16 episodes a year, that's only $800,000 for the entire season. Sure, it's a lot more than you and I make, but filming is much more demanding that what you see on-screen between sometimes 18-hour workdays (and six-day workweeks) and the like. Some of often putting in as much as 108-hour workweeks or more when filming, which I believe is partially why shows nowadays only do 13-18 shows on cable and even on networks 18-22 episodes a year. Add in the demands that many of the actors have to deal with, and there's a lot more that goes into it than many realize.

April 10, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sam

Ms. Jones is correct about her pay and I suppose you are only as good as your last show, however she is not as hard done to as some of the poor folks working perhaps as many as 60 + more hours per week on the show than she. The actors have it made.... the hours they work are miniscule compared to some of the other crew members and possibly Mr. Ham. The crew work an insane number of hours and a lot of them do not get overtime (those who are non-union). Mr. Weiner, as talented as he is, will earn well over 20 million dollars over the next two years and you can bet none of that will trickle down. This situation is not unique to Mad Men; it’s systemic throughout the entire industry. Yes, those "below the line" are employed and yes they do have a choice not to work there, but the whole financial structure of that business is insane. Don't you agree? It’s downright insulting to hear people like Ms. Jones and Mr. Weiner whine about not getting enough money. How much is enough?

April 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. joe

Oh no! We need to get Congress on this right away.....

April 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lois Lane

Ok granted tv stars dont make as much money as others in the business.But thats still alot more than what I make every wk. These days she should be lucky she even has a part. Jobs are few and far between where I live. Actresses can be replaced in the blink of an eye. She stated what was on her mind. Maybe she shouldve used a little more discretion but I dont see anything wrong with what she said. She said she was grateful for a check ebery wk. What else do they want or expect from her? Lighten up already!

April 10, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sunshine Girl

I LOVE BEING A LESBIAN!!!!!!

April 10, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Richard Allen

even if they do can her from Mad Men, someone out there will pick her up. While not a huge star, she does still have some draw and I am sure she will have no issues landing on another show, possibly on a major network.

April 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Head Diva In Charge

Of course Sunshine Girl!! I am a lesbian too!! I will let your push your finger up my butthole!!Uuuummmm you like gravy you babe?

April 10, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. @N

Sunshine girl u r weird.i cant believe people r standin up for u.just a freak u r.man shut up u r givin me a head ake u freak.

April 10, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sunshine Girl

Jig-a-boo JIG-A-BOO JIG-A-BOO!!!! PLEASE FEED ME WITH POOP SHOOT INSERTION AND TACO HOLE FEST!!

April 10, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Don JJ

All right. Lets just we all act like adults, stop the fake impersonations, and just stop the hating on me, Alright. By the way, I laughed at the fake impersionations of me.

April 10, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jason Glugla

She should take a look at the rest of America and especially for women. With a real unemployment of 15% and companies shipping jobs overseas as fast as they can the middleclass and the poor are being culled from the herd.

April 10, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. LEB

I can't stand women who call other women catty and *b–ches* because they think others are soooo jealous of them. No, we sane and rational girls don't hate you because you're pretty. We hate you because you're stuck up and full of yourself.

Oh, and January... without makeup you're pretty much average.

April 10, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Kelly

Remeber that time she ruined that episode of Saturday Night Live? As my Grandma would say, Bless her heart...it's a good thing she's pretty cause she would never be able to do a real job. To all celebrities...stop complaining!!!!!!! Entertain all of us that have to actually work for a living and count your blessings!

April 10, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  45. gatby

Not only is she completely untalented, but she's also totally ungrateful. I hope they kill her off the show and in real life.

April 10, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  46. Dick Jones

I started watching Mad Men just because of her. She is absolutely stunning, and spot on perfect for the role. I hope we see more of Betty this season.

April 10, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  47. j0nx

Well I'm sure she isn't too happy that her part got CUT HUGE in S4 of Madmen. I wondered what happened there. She has like 10 minutes of screen time the entire season. Little Sally had like 10x the amount of screen time as her last season. That's gotta hurt...

April 10, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  48. WhatADork

The biznatch probably makes more in a week than I do in a year so she needs to check herself when it comes to whining about money. Try living off minimum wage, part time girly girl and then tell me what's "not so great". I swear, some stars have ZERO perspective.

April 10, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  49. @N

JJ Don & Sunshine girl need to shut up.jj don i dont wanna see another from u.she is so retarted to talking about her money&acting&ex.she a bad actress who is like miley cyrus

April 10, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  50. ladylove

No 1 wish 2 hear about some1 getting slam in the asset so just shut up about that and talk about what u need keep it in the bedroom only ok

April 10, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  51. Lois Lane

Everybody needs to lighten up. What she said was misinterpreted. People are just mad b/c she spoke her mind. This world might be a better place if more people did the same.

April 10, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  52. City Boy

Hey DonJJ. Why dont you just leave the Sunshine Girl alone? Your starting to get on my nerves now. Go j@ck off or something.

April 10, 2011 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  53. Don JJ

Its crazy cuz I also is a big ol fairy and like to take it in da pooper!! I be lovin da big ol meat stik too but not from a jig-a-boo!! We be rockin this town with all da ho-mos! Any gayboyz wanna play!

April 10, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  54. Don JJ

Hey there sunshine. I hear you be getting butt slammed by a monster jig-a-boo meat stick. Iz you a super freak?? I guess you like it in da poop chute!! Time for you to be schlobin da knob!!

April 10, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  55. David

Never heard of her or ever watched Mad Men. Sounds boring.

April 10, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  56. Lucy

I liked Mad Men a lot the first season or two when they seemed to be developing story lines with good dramatic potential for a lot of the characters. But they seemed to abandon all of that to focus primarily on Don, and I don't think he's that interesting. I can understand that January Jones isn't making much on the show because her part has become so intermittent as has been the case for so many other characters (at least the ones that haven't been written out completely).

April 10, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  57. ladylove

Well jones if u dont make much on that show then get a real job where u r making say 13.00 an hour u c that is what some of us real people have 2 make aliving on so i say shut the f%}= up about u not making much on mad men come and work in my place 4 13.00 an i will work in your place ok u would not last a whole day at my job ok just b happy with what u r making

April 9, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Sunshine Girl

@DonJJ: Why such hostility/anger? Everyone in America has freedom of speech. Even you. Oh, by the way, I don't let any part of anyone's opinion of me, define me as a person. You have some serious issues you should deal with, instead of taking your anger out on me. WOW! I sure hope you settle down there buddy. We can agree to disagree. Thats whats so great about the good ole USA. Get a grip, and have a nice day. (Oh, and stop w/the racist stuff. Its not becoming of you.)

April 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Don JJ

Jig-a-boo! Jig-a-boo! Jig-a-boo! Jig-a-boo! Jig-a-boo! Jig-a-boo! I love you!! Jig-a-boo!

April 9, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Don JJ

Sunshine Girl. SHUT THE F#&K UP!!!!!! The Freedom of speech does not apply to you. Nobody likes you!!

April 9, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Don JJ

Why does Hollywood pay so much if their content is so lame and is a snoozefest. Plus SAUSAGEFEST at the Holliday Inn in Downtown Baltimore, Maryland!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  62. my2cents

I thought she was good in Mad Men until I watched her last year on SNL. Now I think that the only thing she can play is...herself. She is very pretty but that SNL episode was painful to watch, probably the worst I've seen.

April 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Sunshine Girl

Most tv actors dont make near what the public thinks they do. Im not sure exactrly how much they do make, but I know its far less than movie actors. (And alot more than what I make.) She said she was happy to get a paycheck every wk. So whats the problem? Is it b/c she didnt sugarcoat everything for the media, and lie? Probably. I commend her for telling the truth and speaking her mind. More women should be like her.

April 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Bennyhill

She is maybe one of the most talented of the cast. She does the dysfunctional Betty to perfection. The coldness, the lack of depth, the lack of morals. All done around the wrapper of being a Mother.

Good stuff January.

April 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • noshesnot

That's not such a big stretch for her...Are you saying she's actually a warm, deep, compassionate person and a multi dimensional actress? I highly doubt that.

April 9, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Jesse

Yeah! I be gay. I be a fruit. I be flamin. I be a pillow biter. I be a butt pirate. I be a fudge packer. I be a knob schlober!!

April 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Head Diva owns Jesse

You iz my little biatch. I iz gonna whoop your sorry butt. I will bend u over and take care of biz. Since u iz gay, we get one of my flamin friends to ram u in da chute!!

April 9, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Head Diva in Charge

Can't you tell that there are other people posting rude comments under my name. Jesse, you are an ignorant knob and I am gonna ram you in da pooper with a large meat stick. I be ready to make you my biaatch. What you think, you little fairy....you iz a real pillow biter, huh? I own you punk!

April 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Jeff

I have to think about this for a moment. She's complaining about her salary even though she only appears briefly in each ep of "Mad Men"? Is her per show salary somewhere between that of Ms. Falco and "Snooki"? Now, as for allegations that she is hooked up with Bobby Flay, how do we know they're an item? I think she's trying to throw herself at him and he's just not interested.

April 9, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  69. MikeB

I don't even know why Matt Weiner gets paid so much. AMC is a basic cable channel that I assume most who have some kind of cable or satellite service gets. Are the DVDs big sellers? I haven't heard of that. The show has tiny ratings: like 1.5MM if that, it has a big cast, and a lot of those viewers are simply watching for Jon Hamm and/or Christina Hendricks. And the actors barely get paid. And for those saying that they are paid a lot compared to others, remember that they pay agents, managers, publicists, lawyers, etc. and most times their one 'hit' show will be their entire career.

So, is the show really bringing in huge ad revenue off of the tiny audience? Are the DVD sales huge?

Anyway, so January Jones after paying her 'team' and paying taxes might at the end of the year bring in low-6 figures. And her pay from "Mad Men" may have to pretty much support her for the rest of her life besides maybe an occasional guest spot on a TV show. So, she's most likely not rich.

April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Barack Hussein Obama

BIDEN STICK IT UP MORE AND HARDER!! OH YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! I SOOOOOO LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Keane

I've never really cared for her but then again I don't watch Mad Men. I think she shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, at least she's making more than me. She gets free everything pretty much for jsut being an actress so the little money she apparently makes should go a long, long way!!! As for Ashton, he's disgusting and gross and I think she took the high road by not commenting on him at all. As for her looks, she is normal pretty, she is not amazingly pretty and wasn't pretty much everyone awkward in high school anyways? I think they didn't like her because she seems like a *itch!!!

April 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Josh

January who???

April 9, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Sunshine Girl

This is my favorite rap of all time!! Hey all u freaks! Let’s get down and let’s play some funk. I hit dat dank and we all get drunk. I just wanna play with yo meat stick, we can stuff it inside – hey dats no trick. When we get down and we get bizzy, you give a spin and I start to get dizzy. Last time I met a random dude, he said bend over and it was crude! I couldn’t walk straight for many dayz, I was bowlegged and in a haze. Now I just wanna hit dat hole, its time for me to grease up da pole!!
    Now dats no lie, I had to give up dat chubby fugly pie. I decided that the dudes was my cup of tea(bag), I just want them to butt slam me. Each time I taste that salty man goo, it makes me want more, yeah dats true! I just need a dude to ram me in da chute, I just keep goin back to da skin flute. Each day goes by and I luv em more, yeah ill bend over and u hit my back door. Now I’ve gotta run cuz my boy iz here, I gotta whip it out and stick it in his rear! See ya.

April 9, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sunshine Girl

I be hatin all these gay comments. This is juvenile and lame attempt at 3rd grade humor. You fools need be stoppin dis charade. I put my foot down and put my foot in your cornholio!! Maybe I put my fist in your keister. Maybe I put a strap-on in da poop chute! U iz gonna learn your lesson and pay da ultimate price!!! Anal drip!!

April 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  75. MadCityBabe

no wonder Kutcher dumped her.........................whas a rambling T W A T.........dont worry sweetie – soon Mad Men will have run it's course and you'll be back to obscurity once again!

April 9, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Poodle Sheep

I want one.

April 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Just me*

She's not reading into the bull. I like that she's just telling it like it is! She seems genuine.

April 9, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Baz

I have every right to voice my opinion. Although I am a flamin fairy, I still don't think people should ridiclue and pester the ho-mos. I love to get my poop chute reamed as much as the next pillow biter....and its time for us freaks to make a stand! Rally for freedom to all those who have a friend Ben....Ben Dover!! See ya

April 9, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Mr. Hollywood

I work in TV film and you would be shocked at how low pay has fallen for Actors. Back when there were 3 networks, and 6 studios, if you were an actor who was lucky enough to get in, you made big bucks. Now there are 50+Studios, and 800 cable channels running 24/7, Marshall's Economic Rule of Wage Determination holds true; Your wage is proportional to your labor's contribution to the final product. Yes, anyone can be a wide-broadcast Actor now, but you are just one Actor in a "Sea of Productions", so your wage will be low(SAG AFTRA near-scale). -Unless you concoct a publicity scheme involving "Panther Blood", a sympathy/publicity generating Drug-Rehab, or the driving of a Mercedes-Benz of a cliff from time to time!

April 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  80. whatthewhat

AMC just came to a deal to pay the Mad Men creator, Matt Weiner, an approximate $20M to do 2 more seasons of the show. With that in mind, I would be very much inclined to believe January is bitter and believes she should be paid more. She should take lessons on being gracious from Jon Hamm.

April 9, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Paul J

Who is January Jones

April 9, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

Someone who probably knows what a question mark is, as well as someone who probably thinks showing one's disdain by asking a stupid question (yours) on an entertainment blog isn't cool.

April 9, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Cam

The pay scale for actors is over the top, so it is refreshing to here that they don't get paid that well. I still bet its a lot more then what a college professor gets!

April 9, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  83. Mr Casey

If january is looking for a date I am available....

April 9, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  84. Curt James

Never talk about salary with a bitter underpaid journalist. lol

April 9, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  85. solo35

ooops, $1200 shoes

April 9, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  86. solo35

CNN, u should do a better job filtering comments, the gay talk is highly inapropriate. To the soldier, I agree, she shld b grateful, especially with the gov shutdown taking place right now. So se cant buy the $qw shoes, most average americans cant feed their families. Stay strong, thx 4 ur service.

April 9, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  87. hw

When someone states that a TV show (cable or network) does not pay well; what is that paycheck being compared to?
    Is there episode salary comparable to someone working at a fast food joint? Is it comparable to a lawyer or doctors annual income? It is all relative. From my personal experience, TV pays much better than most jobs. If you are in front of the camera the paycheck is way beyond the average American salary. Behind the camera is another issue.

April 9, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Whatever

An important distinction. I'm sure Ms. Jones' point is that Mad Men pays poorly compared to other TV shows. I do know if thats true, but will grant that it is. My point is that she should make that (valid) complaint in private or to her peers and NOT to someone who makes $XX,000/year.

April 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  88. gay endings

@richard- people don't care richard. we all make money. we really don't care what you do.

April 9, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  89. Richard

...come do "normal people" jobs love and than tell me your one day a week job doesn't pay well...

April 9, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  90. gay endings

@ madhatter- just shut up already. noone cares.

April 9, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  91. madhater

new terms to know: Diva = B!tch, Hollywood Actress = B!tch, Superhiro = B!tch. stay tuned for more!

April 9, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  92. gay endings

some of you boys need to lern how to spell. did you even gratuate from the fifth grade? I mean really: geese pole. a ha so funny. lern to spell idiots

April 9, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  93. Randy

I get the feeling, reading the comments here, that most people who read this blog are dumb.

April 9, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  94. Sunshine Girl

All these g@y comments are sickning/disgusting. Theres not one blog I can go on without having to read them. Grow up, for reals! Its like a 5 yr old making f@rt jokes. Only 10 x worse. I think you guys got some serious manhood issues, on all sorts of levels.

April 9, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  95. lou

Wow and I thought Megan Fox had an uncontrollable narcissistic motor-mouth

April 9, 2011 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  96. Maryam

What is her talent exactly? Brain surgery?

April 9, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
  97. TracySwingKid

I am glad she spoke her mind. She could have gone the PR way and just fluffed her way through the questions, but she spoke up about her life and frustrations and I am glad she did. I hope she does well and proves her ex wrong. Success is the best revenge.

April 9, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  98. andrew

I am not a fan, or dislike her or anything. But she landed a major role in X-men...that is nothing to sneeze at. I am waiting to pass judgment until that comes out.

April 9, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  99. Marcus

Who gives a damn. Really? we're concerned with an actress' comments when we have far greater issues at hand. This is why my country is dying.

April 9, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  100. Beautiful Vixen

Yea I know..speaking and should ..

April 9, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  101. Beautiful Vixen

Good, she should speak up! Spea king as beautiful b**ch myself the b***h sould voice her opinion. One don't get anywhere being a mouse.

April 9, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  102. Wwhatever

@ donna …ive done more guys than you and that's a fact

April 9, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  103. Frida

Blog or not: Think Spellcheck.

April 9, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  104. donna Williams

one more thing…ive done soooo many guys its sick!

April 9, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  105. Whatever

Nothing chaffs me like stars complaining about their 6-7 figure salaries to those of us who undoubtedly make less. Ugh. Maybe January Jones and Katherine Heigl can start a support group. Or, better yet, star in something together so my decision not to watch will be easy.

April 9, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Nick

Amen. Her salary for a single epsiode where she may only have 5 minutes of screen time is still more than most Americans make in an entire year. She should shut the f*** up and be grateful for what she has.

April 9, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  106. Donna Williams

Responding to comment by josh...your comment regarding GED :funny beyond words!!
    Employees on-air, in hit show like Mad Men, should be paid more $$$ regardless of the role they play. Ensemble cast should go the route of "Friends" main characters when it comes to negotiations. Show is fabulous & I am crossing my fingers for many more episodes!

April 9, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  107. Hollyworld

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8unfCCdQQ&w=640&h=390]

April 9, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  108. mariner5

it's fun watching a bunch of juveniles who have barely reached puberty rag on someone that really is a class act. compared to a lot of the top shelf ladies out in la right now Jan Jones is a standout. but as is usually noted. you have to have value to see value. it's not by accident that when you ask someone if they would rather have the polyester suit the ration is 99 to 1 in favor and only 1 in 99 go for the wool/gaberdine.

to make a difference you have to know the difference and judging by the statements knocking jan jones you neaderthals wouldn't know class if it walked up to you and sat in your lap. keep reading those playboy magazines you can still get them for a dollar at the salvation army.

April 8, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Beth Y

Hey January, let's trade jobs.

April 8, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  110. b4peace

When she guest-hosted Saturday Night Live it was fairly obvious that she is an actual dumb blonde. And she keeps proving it.

April 8, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  111. JT3

She's already sounding like another jaded actor in Hollywood. I say give the ungrateful twit the boot and let her wait tables...

April 8, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Ladyg

Look, I'm not surprised it doesn't pay well. It's on AMC, and despite its populaity, the audience for the show it's still very small. I'm glad she mentioned it. She didn't mention it cause she is ungrateful or she was complaining. She mentioned it to hinder the impression that she gets six figures per episode which she probably doesn't.

April 8, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Hannah

I've never heard anything good about her. There was all the stuff about her hit and run. When she hosted SNL, she was HORRIBLE. She was so stiff! She has no comedic acting skills. I've never seen Mad Men, so I can't comment on her dramatic skills, but she couldn't even get a line out without flubbing it. Maybe girl can't read.

April 8, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Sunshine Girl

Besides, noone likes every actor/character on everyshow. Who cares anyway? The public isnt signing her paycheck. Im sure she doesnt let others opinions of her define her as an actress/person. She has a job that she does well. Enough said.

April 8, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Sunshine Girl

Its terrible that a celebrity cant say anything these days without it getting twisted/turned around. I dont think she sounded snobish or ungrateful. She said she was happy to get a paycheck every wk. Who cares what Ashton Kutcher has to say anyway? Hes a moronic idiot. Besides that relationship has long been over. If Kutchers career is making it in Hollywood, Id rather not be famous.

April 8, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

She was quoted as saying they don't make a lot of money. It's a successful show. It's a television show. We're in a recession, plenty of people are out of work, and she has the nerve to complain that her hit TV show doesn't pay her enough.

April 8, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  116. David

She has done very well, and she is neither complaining nor biting any hands. Television is television and she stated that it is a steady paycheck. It is more than most have and she knows it. So, I wish her the very best with her career in both lobgevity and continued success.

April 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Scot

All she said is that the show doesn't pay very well. That doesn't mean she hates the show, her castmates, the writers or the producers....It only means the show doesn't pay very well!

I remember working for a nonprofit....The best job I ever had! They paid me lousy....or maybe I paid them?...I can't remember. But it was still the best job I ever had!

April 8, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  118. faulkner

terrible article ... was this the entirety of the interview? three comments from her? seriously ... if you're not going to print 75% of what the person interviewed said, why bother? if this is all she said, then make it a caption not an 'article' ... and if she said more, try and print something that doesn't make her look like an ungrateful stuck-up beeatch ... i know the 'entertainment' media's job is to ruin everyone's career save for a few scared cows but come on ... seriously ...

April 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Hey, genius, if you read the article, you read that all of her quotes came from an interview in a magazine that you can buy at a newstand, so if you want to get all of Ms. Jones's comments, go out and buy the issue instead of sitting there whining about the FREE content you're getting here on cnn.com.

April 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  119. alan of montreal

whoa, people, I think she's just saying she doesn't get paid as much as people think she does. I don't think she sounds ungrateful, just dispelling a myth

April 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  120. leo

well there probably is a HUGE reason that "madmen" doesn't pay well...it's on a minor network!!!!
    and Miss January Jones your not the STAR of the show! You an unknown actress...do actually expect astin kutcher sorta money???

April 8, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Max

I think this was taken out of context they probably asked since she gets awards and nominations if she's banking on the show. She was probably just being honest and sincere because compared to most actors and other shows she's probably not getting paid very much. I mean Miranda Cosgrove who is on nickelodeons icary gets 190,000 dollars per episode and its 22 minutes long. While January Jones is probably making less than $25,000 for a 44 minute show. But its about viewers not as many people watch mad men as desperate housewives and greys anatomy. But this show has given her the opportunity to do movies so she should be thankful I'm a struggling actor who spends all his money on acting class and coachings and I still can't book a job its so hard and I've been homeless 3 times.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVyiXVY0fPA&w=640&h=390]

April 8, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Superhiro

On another note, her personality seems to fit Emma Frost quite well, so maybe she'll do well in Xmen First Class?

April 8, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Mega Man X

At least she is not out on the streets scrambling for loose change like homeless people do. Go Figure.

April 8, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  124. panic

She isn't on Mad Men much anymore anyway. Why should she get paid a large sum for barely being there?

April 8, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  125. JustJen

She should be grateful for whatever pay she does get. I am sure she makes more per episode than the average American does in an entire year of ACTUAL work. Spoiled brat.

April 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee Wayne Ryder

"Actual work"? I can guarantee that you've never, ever, not once been on a tv or film set.
      We put in 12-16 hr days nearly EVERY day.

April 9, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • JustJen

Yes, sitting around between takes, eating catered food, wearing clothes provided for you, yeah, hard work. Call me when you are a healthcare or other professional that does 12-16 hrs every day, every week of the year. I have no sympathy for the tv or movie industry.

April 9, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jonee

I have all the respect in the world for people who work in the healthcare field, but if you think the non "talent" that work on a film set sit around eating catered food for 14 hours, then you know nothing about working on a set. It's as hard as any blue collar job, trust me.

April 10, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  126. LEE

She was photographed coming out of Chef Bobby Flay's house early one morning wearing the same clothes she wore the night before. He's married.

April 8, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dirty bobby

Bobby flay cheats on his wife all the time...I have personally seen him with a much younger blonde looking very affectionate and it was definitely not his wife....he sucks...

April 9, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Denise

Appreciate the success on Mad Men THEN turn it into bigger money later on, but do it and do it well until the ride is over. All those that try to get more during the run most often fail completely later, so suck it up now and cash in later.

April 8, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  128. itsame

i dont watch mad men, but i did see snl when jones hosted and was not impressed, also it takes a certain grace to talk candidly about things like exes, lack of pay at a job, or the growing pains of hs without sounding neurotic and full of yourself..

April 8, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Monique

I say shut the F$#^ UP!!!! Atleast you are getting paid, troops (Including myself) who are defending this country and allow you to live nice and comfy and continue to make this Horrible show should be the ones complaining about not getting paid well

April 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnk

Please... You volunteered. Didn't really think it through before you signed?

April 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter

I love it when people think
      I owe them something for being crazy and wanting to go into war. couldn't
      pay me enough to be in the army.

April 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Walker Black

If you think Mad Men is a horrible show and that you deserve a parade because you're somehow single-handedly responsible for them having the "freedom" to make it, then I'm glad you're a human target and not back here influencing the television ratings. You volunteered and did your job and got paid quite well. I've seen the walking Spam cans that do your job, and for every heroic soldier with a fantastic and inspiring story there are 50 who joined to get out of a court date and shoot at sand monkeys. Now go defend my freedoms a little harder, because gas just went up $.10 this week.

April 8, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Baz

Wow...way to completely disrespectful of our military. Are you kidding me? What are you doing right now? Owe them something for wanting to go to war? Are you inbred? Of course, you owe our troops something. Do you think that your brilliantly witty comments to a solider's comment are keeping people from taking your freedom to be a jack off that trolls the Internet? Get over yourself.

April 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • blah

Thank you Monique!! A bunch of lame ass morons responding to you. Its a good thing we don't need them to serve or we'd be in a world of hurt. Pansies.

April 9, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnk

Baz,
      When I joined the Marine Corps, some 26 years ago, I thought about it before I raised my right hand and took the oath. I never cursed the people (the country), I was protecting; And I never regretted, nor have I ever regretted doing it. I did not have 24 hrs news to keep me informed. I did not have Internet or cells to keep me connected. And I did not...I could go on and on. The fact is, I made that choice, and I did not whine about it. I did not feel that others owed me a
      thing, because they did not.

April 9, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Baz

Johnk,
      I respect that, but why phrase your comment like that? I am, also, prior military, but I believe to each their own. Our troops have every right to voice their opinion just like a civilian does.

April 9, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • S1N

As a veteran, I stand by the people talking sh!t to Monique. Do your job and shut up about it. They pay sucks, but is a matter of public record. You have the opportunity to know how much you are getting paid prior to enlisting, you are GUARANTEED a legally mandated raise in base pay every January 1. It is much harder to fire you than even a union employee. You have free medical and dental, affordable child care, and one of the best (and cheapest) life insurance policies available. You get paid extra to support a family if you have one. You even get PAID to go to college, after having the government pay for tuition and fees, once you get out.

You are being properly compensated for your work. Now act like a professional, shut the f*** up, and go back to the mission. You are doing nothing more than following lawful orders. Unless you happen to be a general, or at least field grade officer, you have virtually no say in any matter of importance and are easily replaceable.

April 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bdo

Its nice to see the military has people who don't just stick up for their own regardless. "Money comes to money" as they say. Funny how greed becomes a part of all this. If she makes 50 g's a year then that is about how much it costs to keep a federal inmate in prison per year. Interesting how we spend more money on our prisoners than the average American makes in a year. Jones is just a silly puppet like all of Hollywood's peeps. If you want to change things stop watching TV. LOL.

April 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • OhioAnFguy82

@ Monique: Last I checked, your willingness to serve in the military didn't put you in charge of our lives. "Allow us to live nice and comfortably..." Please. I didn't have to ask permission to anyone to get out of bed today and feel comfortable. And really, you think you're defending this country and its inhabitants? More like you're offending us. If we would take a cue from Canada and keep our rotten snobby money hungry oil dependent noses out of everyone else's business we wouldn't NEED to send the youth of our nation overseas to die for their country.

April 11, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  130. yeah

yep

April 8, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Avalon

Ms. Jones, while being able to portray a woman who believe she is well-bred and high class shows us that she is ungrateful for the briliant opportunity she has been given to be on such an outstanding show. The show is a success and being part of that success leads to big and better opportunities were you can make the $$. I for one, have not been impressed by her other roles thus far. Christina Hendricks is BY FAR a much better actress, more beautiful and poised than Ms. Jones can ever hope to achieve.

April 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Well said. She's just bleeding away any goodwill she's earned from that outstanding show.

April 8, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

"ungrateful for the briliant(sic) opportunity she has been given"

Perhaps she wasn't "given" anything, but rather she "earned" it.

Roll it around in your tiny head for a bit, you might catch a clue.

April 9, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Earned it how? She's not a good actress. You seem angry Bill? Anger's not good to walk around with. Life's too short.

April 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

I agree – really prefer Christina who also has the class to be grateful for the opportunities that have come her way. Boo hoo you don't make tons of money on cable- even at $25K per episode for 13 weeks ( low estimate) you are earning what the average American makes in about 6 years every time you shoot a season! Want to trade paychecks? I am sure the millions of unemployed would be happy to swap with you. Last time I checked she has landed several juicy movie roles as a result of her work on Mad Men and does some endorsement work as well.

January- you better pull your head out of the clouds before X-Men lands in theaters or you will get booed off the Comic Con floor! Of course a spread in a prominent men's mag will buy you some goodwill – just the way it is. You seem to need more cash and they are always ready to spend it!

April 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Superhiro

Yea, that does make her sound stuck up.

April 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  133. MS1

"The b!tches in high school were b!tches because I was pretty." Apparently the same holds true for the b!tches (male and female) who have left comments here.

Is it any surprise she doesn't want to talk about an ex-boyfriend (Ashton) who she dated over a decade ago and has been married to someone else for over five years? How would you respond to questions from an unimaginative writer about someone you dated in the 90's?

She thinks Mad Men doesn't pay much. Well, according to TV Guide, that's probably a fact, Here are some people who make more per episode than Jon Hamm (Note that Mad Men produces about half as many new episodes a year as the average show). I've never heard of some of them or seen their shows. Let me know if you watch any of thier shows: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Top-TV-Earners-1021717.aspx, http://www.modernwatercooler.blogspot.com/
    Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) $175,000
    William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) $150,000
    David Spade (Rules of Engagement) $150,000
    Jada Pinkett Smith (HawthoRNe) $150,000
    Jimmy Smits (Outlaw) $150,000
    Mark Feuerstein (Royal Pains) $125,000
    Jason Lee (Memphis Beat) $125,000
    Michael Weatherly (NCIS) $125,000

April 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Disgusted viewer

Ok here's my problem she's whining because she's making what 50 grand an episode(estimate i'm not for certain) the show is also about to be syndicated by netflix who had to pay for rights to it as well as syndicated on tv which she probably has a royalty deal where she gets cut a check for how often these episodes air. As for those of you that claim she wasn't given anything you're wrong. She was given an opportunity to work the job same as you and I would be given an opportunity to work at any job following the interview process. She's nothing special. No actor or any other profession is anything special. As for the military people complaining give it a rest. You volunteered. Did i volunteer before i get a backlash yes however because of some disabilities i have the military would not accept me. So before you go touting this patriotic complete BS look at the world for what it really is. And as for her whining well if she's not happy with the money scrap her ass from the show actresses are a dime a dozen they can find people to replace her that would be glad to make what most people average people make per YEAR in a single episode. I normally don't comment at all but some of you people that do need a huge reality check

April 9, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lorraine Bates

So, basically, all of the people you listed above make more for one episode than I make in a YEAR. Yeah. Keep complaining, January. Let's see you live on $50 K a year.

April 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • bette

Hey, I'll take $50k per episode and not complain – it's far more than most of us make and a relatively easy gig if you ask me.

April 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jo

Wow, people freak on someone who speaks their mind. She should lie like the rest of america, and make everyone more comfortable. Y'know, become less of a biatch.

April 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeannieb62

You made a good point. Isn't everyone sick of the movie junkets and promotional interviews where everyone loved making the movie; the director was superior, supportive, brilliant; the other actors were generous, a joy to work with, everyone got along so well...blah blah blah. You just gotta know that it's all pre-approved garbage. Who is in charge of journalism today...not the reporters. More like the kiss ass news networks and Hollywood executives, then even the celebs who manipulate their image. Can't help but think of Johnny Depp's response to his work experience with Angelina Jolie in which he described her as a "good mother" instead of a "good actress".

April 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carrie

Right? I see nothing wrong with what Jones said here.

April 8, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Doesn't pay well..compared to what exactly. I guarantee she's in the top 10% of the population. It's called perspective.

April 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

Josh, your ignorance as to how remuneration works in the entertainment industry is typical.

April 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@Bill I worked in Hollywood for 7 years with Oscar nominees & recipients, but thanks for playing.

April 9, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

ZING!

June 4, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
  135. Drew Williams

As for Ms. Jones' acting career, I'd like to see her nude. In regards to the fact she dated Ashton Kutcher, and it evidently didn't end well, I'd like to see her nude. I'm not sure about where exactly Mad Men will take her, but I'd like to see her nude.

April 8, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carrie

See the X-Men movie. The character she's playing never wore much in the comic books.

April 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOL

That was the funniest thing I've read in a while. Hope your wish comes through, buddy! ;-)

April 9, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Todd

Sounds like a stuck up B$#@! to me. And she was WAY hotter before she got those horrible fake boobs which don't fit her body type at all. Christne Hendricks is about 8 billion times hotter that her, now thats a real woman, who is REAL and REALLY REALLY gorgeous.

April 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Head Diva In Charge

@k-bird if you want I would like to speand the night with you.

April 8, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Timme62

Never understood what Josh Groban saw in her.....

April 8, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • flyonthewall

Me either? She plays her part well but then she is just being herself......and getting paid for it!

April 8, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JT3

She served as Josh's interim hag at the time...Josh's boyfriend had just dumped him. *tear*

April 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  139. k-bird

If money is tight come spend the night.

April 8, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  140. LBWl

She is not all that and she can be replaced. There are always people standing in line to take the job you don't want.

April 8, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Allliecat

OMG. You guys are crazy. She is amazing in that role and plays it wonderfully. Her paycheck being low is because she is on a cable show.

April 11, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Head Diva In Charge

Wow, January, you kind of a beyotch huh? You sound like one of those women who "only get along with men". Ya. And I would be careful about dumping on your boss....usually doesn't end well.

April 8, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Diva, when are YOU going to go away? At least go away long enough to take a couple of rudimentary (look it up) English and writing classes. You're perpetuating (this one, too) all the stereotypes. And do real divas really spend all their time trolling the CNN Entertainment articles, leaving stupid, mean-spirited comments about people of whom they envy?

April 9, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • T

Dang Jesse, why so smug?

April 10, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Anna

@Jesse:

". . . people of whom they envy?"

I think you were probably aiming for "people they envy" or "people of whom they are jealous." Alas, you missed.

If you're going to call other folks out on their command of the English language, it's best to make certain your own is in order first.

April 10, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Nah. She's just tired of getting the same old gossip-y questions that keep circulating around Hollywood. As for her talent, I think in the long run, Mr. Kutcher will be proven correct. If the show could afford to lose a character, hers would be at the top of most anyone's list.

April 11, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  142. EL DIABLO BUENO

IT IS A CRUDDY SHOW. IT SHOULD NOT PAY MUCH. doesnt even have snooki on it. . . .

April 8, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  143. Sandra

Well, after that comment I guess we know which major character Weiner will have to reduce their appearance on the show dramatically per Lionsgate. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

April 8, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • jan

Most people get paid according to their ability. She doesn't get paid well because she isn't a very good actress. She could be written out of the show and no one would miss her. Ashton was right she'll never make it. After Mad Men ends, so will her "career".

April 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • BTK

The general public may not be aware of this, but all cable TV actors get paid far less than their Network TV colleagues. She's not making it up and it has nothing to do with ability. Cable TV doesn't have the deep pockets Network TV does (and in most cases, they don't have the ratings either).

April 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • fred

show sucks, she sucks, wonder why she isn't getting paid well , and whats her idea of low pay compared to the national mean income of about 35,000 per year

April 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monica P

Does anyone know if you can watch MadMen through the TVDevo website?
      I know they stream a lot of shows but not sure about this one??

April 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Solyn

It's good to see someone thinking it thuorgh.

January 6, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |