Howard pops the question on 'Big Bang Theory'
April 8th, 2011

Howard pops the question on 'Big Bang Theory'

Fans of Howard and Bernadette had a big night on Thursday. The happy couple finally put a ring on it ... but not before a few complications got in the way - like the fact that Raj still has a thing for her.

On top of that, Amy Farrah Fowler, via Penny, spread a rumor that Bernadette might break up with Howard, leading Amy and Sheldon to experiment with the power of rumors.

The plan was set in motion when Amy knocked on Penny's door and announced, "Sheldon-and-I-engaged-in-sexual-intercourse-in-other-news-I’m-thinking-of-starting-an-herb-garden-mum’s-the-word-gotta-go!"

Penny, of course, couldn't keep anything that juicy a secret, spilling the beans to Raj who responded with quite possibly the best line of the season: "Shut your ass!"

Later, Amy and Sheldon compared notes over the success of their plan, though Sheldon was a bit concerned that he might start receiving unwanted female attention when she told him, "I described your lovemaking as aloof but effective."

Then the big moment arrived for Howard to take out the (admittedly tiny) ring. To Raj's shock and disappointment, Bernadette said yes. Sheldon theorized, "Perhaps your talk of my sexual prowess renewed her faith in love."

What can we expect now? Certainly the Raj/Bernadette/Howard love triangle will continue to be a factor for the rest of the season. (I do have to admit, though, that Leonard's relationship with Priya hasn't caught my interest yet.) Last night, Simon Helberg tweeted, "In an upcoming ep. he will have break the news to his mother. It's not so easy." That, I have to see.

Are you happy to see Howard and Bernadette settle down, or do you prefer to see Howard unlucky in love? Do you enjoy the Leonard/Priya storyline more than I do? Share your view on iReport, or comment below.

1. findingmyway820

I would actually love to see the character of Howard go away. I think the show would be just fine without him. Even better, actually!

May 31, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. sasha

YO HENRY. Where is your recap for this weeks?

April 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gabriela

I like Priya. I think she is drop-dead-gorgeous and her accent is adorable. I don't get why everyone hates on her.

April 12, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dodge

Kill off Priya. Awful voice. Awful face. Awful character.

April 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ike

I like this show so much. I think the plot at this point is just fantastic....The show needs a bit of diversity though... I black nerdy beauty in the cast will be nice...and Amy should do a bit more to make out with Sheldon.....

April 12, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Triangle

Priya will not make it but it's fun watching her hate on Penny. They should bring back Sara Rue. She was very attractive before and now she's outright smoking. Plus her character is smarter than Penny and treats Leonard better. It would be hilarious to watch Leonard drool over his ex (Sara Rue) and to watch Penny get catty because she feels threatened. Especially if Sara's character isn't that interested in Leonard anymore and he really has to work at it – maybe asking Penny for advice. Let the good times roll...

April 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joseph

Like so many other shows,the stories start to take a back seat to the characters personal lives.Then the story lines begin a slow downward spin.

April 11, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • PennyNot

The characters personal lives, or lack and inabilities thereof, was always the story line. They may have had white boards with complicated computations on them at the beginning, but they didn't mean anything to most of us. I'd like to see Leonard and Penny together, but it needs to be awkward or it isn't any fun to watch. Any of these characters having a simple relationship would remove the comedy of the show. I don't care for Raj's sister's character but it will hopefully be temporary. Penny needs to hook up with Raj when they are both drunk, don't remember and wake up together not knowing if they did or didn't – that would be funny – following it as a flashback episode would be interesting.

April 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jrlvngs

The Leonard\Priya storyline has to go. It is really putting a dent in a normally hilarious show. Also, I agree with "Be Quiet" Priya's voice is enough to make you change the channel.

April 11, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. theDude

I tried to read this article but couldn't stop yawning.

April 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. @getreal

Are u crazy amy is great so u r tired of sheldon also

April 10, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. B lo me

Raj will get over bernadette he will get a awful b**ch as a girlfriend for two shows then she will leave

April 10, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. GetReal

Raj has a thing for Howard, not Bernadette. And I'm getting tired of Amy.

April 10, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. B lo me

It will ruin the story line if penny and leonard get back together to soon

April 10, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. B lo me

@sunshine girl* the story line is nerd meets girl nerd falls for girl they hook up then break up 2011 revenge of the nerds

April 10, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sunshine Girl*

Usually just finishing up my work when this show is on. Ive seen it once or twice. Seemed funny. Not cheesy. But cant comment on the story line b/c I dont know it.

April 10, 2011 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  16. B lo me

Priya most likely will not be back next season so u dont have to cringe to long

April 9, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  17. gaerbe

Who is Howard ? Do you mean Howard Spraige from the Andy Griffith Show. I always kind of thought that howard spraige might maybe have trouble with the female type folks. He did finally end up with a super cute blondie though. WIsh i could.

April 9, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  18. B lo me

Penny&Priya bring beauty to this funny looking cast of nerds

April 9, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  19. B lo me

Penny should hook up with mario lopez to make leonard jealous but in the show mario plays a bigger nerd then the four geeks that star in the show

April 9, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Me

Priya absolutely needs to go. I'm fast losing interest in that show because of her.

April 9, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Be Quiet

Please get rid of Priya as soon as possible. I'd be willing to bet the majority of fans want to see Leonard get back together with Penny. Priya's voice makes me cringe.

April 9, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • remy

yes reunite penny and leonard

April 10, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
    • lilgtogirl

Wow I came online to say the same thing. I really hate the Priya character. Even if Penny and Leonard never get back together I am really sick of the ugly looking snooty Indian girl. So many of them are gorgeous, but this one just has the nails on a chalkboard voice and face.

April 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Max

I don't really watch the show but hear its very funny I wouldn't know though but I always find cool films this one was actually really cool

April 9, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Triumph

CNN...I would like to "pop a question". Why do you write so many stories that are perfectly good......
    FOR ME TO POOP ON?