Will your fav survive the 'Idol' Top 9 elimination?
April 7th, 2011

Will your fav survive the 'Idol' Top 9 elimination?

SPOILER ALERT – Tonight's "Idol" blog will reveal who is leaving the competition, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

8:56 p.m. – Jennifer is in tears. Randy said he's gutted. I cannot believe it.

America, what happened?!?!?

This is absolutely the most shocking elimination ever on this show.

8:54 p.m. - The lights are dimmed and first we learn Jacob's fate.

Ryan says that Mantasia will be leaving us .. .to go sit on the couch. He's safe.

And the person leaving tonight is...

Pia!

What?!?!?!

8:47 p.m. – I have news for you Seacrest: No one on this show needs to worry about "uber-stardom" if the track record of recent "Idol" winners is to be believed.

Ooops, I think Iggy Pop is potty-mouthing it all over the place in his performance. I'm more offended by his lack of a shirt.

First Constantine and now this. Not your finest hour, "Idol." P.S. Jennifer Lopez did not look entertained.

8:41 p.m. – We are left with James, Haley and Jacob.

Safe are James and Haley. Jacob is in the bottom three!

Poor Mantasia.

I have to say that I called that because I'm sure he rubbed people the wrong way with his "look in the mirror" comment.

8:37 p.m. – Media training for the contestants at TMZ. Wow, the audience booed TMZ.

I love that they shot it like their TMZ show. Poor Lauren gets picked on  for falling, Stefano for being boring, Scotty for making faces and James for acting like a Justin Bieber fan when he met the Hulk.

And did Jacob just ask my favorite TMZ girl if she was single? Funny!

8:30 p.m. – Next up, Paul, Pia (boy she is stunning) and Scotty.

The judges have such strange looks on their faces. Hmmm.

The first person who is safe is Scotty.

That leaves Paul and Pia and the person in the bottom three is...

Pia.

Holy crap on a cracker, I did NOT see that coming!

8:28 p.m. – Welcome back Gwen Stefani.

She's styling the girls. Why the fashion and not the singing, Gwen? I'm confused.

This is a weird night.

8:26 p.m. – So Constantine is out on the road with "Rock of Ages" and he's busy as a new dad. Good for him, he should stay busy.

8:22 p.m. – Constantine, I'm sorry to say that I really haven't given you much thought since Season 4.

But here he is, back to sing "Unchained Melody" and I see he appears to be using the same hair product. And are those skinny jeans?

Why is this happening to us?!

8:17 p.m. - And the first one safe is...

Lauren!

That leaves Casey and Stefano. We've seen this before, but this time the one who is safe right away is Casey.

Stefano is the first in the bottom three. Jennifer is gonna lose it if that kid gets sent home, cause that's her Boo.

8:15 p.m. – First down front is Lauren, Casey and Stefano.

Apparently, Kelly Clarkson tweeted that she has a crush on Casey. I think he should give her a call. But he should lose that crazy hat before they go out. Is it that cold in the studio?

8:10 p.m. - The Ford music video.

Enough said.

And I'm all about celebs pimping their latest project, but Russell Brand? He was allegedly there to advise the contestants on their stage presence, but he was more funny than helpful.

We probably all could learn from the phrase "Loosen up, take your clothes off."

8:03 p.m. – Hello rock medley.

And Constantine Maroulis returns to the show tonight? Why?

8:00 p.m. – I'm on pins and needles already and the show just started.

Who, oh who will go home tonight?

1. Samantha

I completely disagree with the vote off on Thursday. I bet now that the judges has saved their save for this result show. Its sad when someone like Pia with talent is kicked off and someone like Casey stayes who doesn't have what Pia possessed. THIS IS A TOTAL SCREW UP ON IDOLS PART

April 9, 2011 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Bonnie Stelzel

Idol needs to change the way the votes come in. Dancing With the Stars only allows ten votes per phone, and then will not let you vote any more. That is the way Idol should go.
    Otherwise, luv the show and the judges

April 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. slick

the problem is the judges dont provide america with any valuable insight. they are "experts" and say everyone is awesome. and tehrefore america is left to believe that everyone is on same playing field technicially. if simon were here he would make sure to let america know pia is a standout, and stefano is a fake– along with jacob and paul. so the judges need to be replaced with people who will give a useful criticism so american can make a decision properly

April 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. SusanB

I blame the judges who bend over backwards to be nice, and therefore, threw their save away too early. They aren't critics or helpful. It is like they are afraid to hurt anyone's self-esteem. Hello! It's show business. Even Randy has fallen prey to Steve and Jennifer's lack of backbone. I really like the guy they saved. He's got personality, and charisma, but he doesn't come close to matching Pia's pipes. Pia's singing was almost always inspiring, and she is one of the three singers I really looked forward to hearing. I've just lost a ton of interest in the show. I understand the premise behind the public vote. The bottom line of the show is making $$$; not finding the next American Idol, and "[n]o one ever went broke underestimating the [taste] of the American public."

April 8, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. DLo

I was equally shocked at Pia being voted off! Stefano's singing and his looks, although a different ethnicity, remind me of Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing though.... It's anybody's guess who will win.. Best of Luck to them all!!!

April 8, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MaryLF

I was shocked at Pia being voted off!! I do not think Stefano should still be there. The two girls left, not too interesting to say the least. Paul,Jacob,James??? Scotty is by far the most talented, and in my opinion should win. I forsee a great future for him.

April 8, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Renata

Pia was voted off because she has no personality. I could hear that she was technically great and she obviously is beautiful, but she did nothing for me. She never inspired me to pick up the phone and vote for her. Everyone I know who watches the show felt the same way. Haley has so much personality and such a unique voice. Go Haley!!!

April 8, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LovelyJS

There were others that could have gone before Pia, but it really doesn't matter because Scotty is by far the BEST BEST BEST contestant!!! He is remarkable, his talent is a gift from God. Regardless, he is going to be a HUGE STAR!!!!!

April 8, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. CAROL

MARIA S.
    WHAT CAN YOU BE THINKING. J LO HAS ALOT OF CLASS AND ALWAYS GIVES GREAT ADVICE TO THE CONTESTANTS. I'M SORRY PIA IS GONE. HAVE ENJOYED THIS SEASON AND WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH!

April 8, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. marvin Rhodes

American Idle is still on?

April 8, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ginger

Well, I agree with Debbie, the judges should have more input into who stays and leaves, however with that being said,
    be careful of giving anyone too much power. This is what American Idol is all about, American picking them. If you like them you have to vote for them. While I thought Pia was a very talented singer, no stage presence and boring. I like James Durbin, he sings well and has great stage prescence. While I think Paul has good stage presence, he is probably the weakest voice in the game. I really liked Jacob in the beginning, but he has kind of turned me off the last few weeks. Also one more thing, I really do like the judges but they are not nearly as critical as they should be. Like Simon, you cannot be afraid of criticism, that is how you learn. Jennifer, don't be afraid, you seem to know your stuff. Tell it like it is. These are people who are supposed to want to be entertainers, they will have to get a little hard shelled.

April 8, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. Tanya

I am now totally convinced that American Idol is joke. The judges used their only ( Save ) on someone they knew would not make it in the top 2. Now Pia, who has the best female voice on the show get screwed. I should have stopped watching a long time ago when Jennifer Hudson got voted off.

April 8, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. sb

Pia has a voice, but she was very boring to watch. The judges shock surprises me. I never anticipated seeing her and she has little personality on the show..

April 8, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. Arlee

I was happy with how the show had evolved this year, the judges were less critical and more understanding. The cast of characters were all talented. I prefer a guest mentor every week, but that is just me. It started to unravel last week when Naima was voted off, and I thought she was the best entertainer of the bunch, someone that I was looking forward to watching every week. She was not the best singer and at that point I still considered this a singing contest first, so I could accept Naima going. Then this week they (American public) voted off the best singer, Pia. Pia didn't have as much stage presence but could sing. Now I don't know know what to look for. I think Casey is the best musician of the bunch so can we expect him to go next? I'm confused by what is happening, and how can we stop this swirling suck into the abyss. The judges have to be a little tougher to give the singers and America some guidance, They need a bunch of guest producers so the contestants we get a variety of opinions about how the song could be sung. We need to see the list of songs the contestants can choose from because at this point I think the singsrs can't choose a good song from a bad song, or is the list to confining of their talent. Yup, I'm thinking this is a popularity contest controlled by 12 year old girls with no taste. If that is true Stefano will be in to the end. Get ready America for a winner that can't hold a light to others that have a future in the industry. And, if I'm right Naima and Pia will do just fine!

April 8, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. Bookenz

Paul should bow out so Pia can come back. He's not going to win anyway, and I'm sure he knows that.

April 8, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. Jean Franklin

That's it for me. No more American Idol – ever! Not this year and not next! I'm done with the politics.

April 8, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  17. ac

Hey look I am so happy still that Naima got kicked out that I don't care about who got kicked out last night lol Naime you SUCK>

April 8, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. Maria S

In my opinion, Pias voice was amazing but SOOOO boring.
    BUT, I am just stunned that these judges have said its the most amazing talent they have EVER had on the IDOL STAGE ! I dont know how the rest of America feels, but I DISAGREE strongly ! In previous yrs I would be glued to the tv set awaiting some great talent. Examples of this ADAM LAMBERT...we couldnt wait each wk to hear his voice and anticipate what he would do next..he took over the stage and put those in AWE watching. Past contestants like Danny Gokey, David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Brooke White, Michael Johns, Daughtry, Matt Gerard, Casey James...I could go on and on, but we were so excited to see them perform.
    THIS yr, I just cannot get jazzed over any of the talent. YES they can sing but WHERE is the WOW factor and the sit at the edge of your couch waiting for the fireworks.
    LOVE Steven Tyler and Randy...J LO , well she is about as useless as that Diaguardee chick.
    I will continue to watch in hopes that I will get that IDOL feeling again, but I am beginning to feel the show has lost something...best part of last nights show was Russel Brand...lol

April 8, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  19. ac

Pia is out good the woman looked like the girl from Seinfeld when she tried to dance, good voice, beautiful but could not dance and she always played it safe.

April 8, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  20. debbie

NOW will they realize they MUST change the voting format. It needs to be more like DWTS, where the judges input counts for half and the viewers only get a LIMITED number of votes. Pia did not have stage presence, but I was sure her singing talent would get her to the final 2, the other being James.

April 8, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  21. biggydbdaddy

That's the last episode I'll watch!! America F ed up again !!

April 8, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
    • KB

How true, How true. You have no talents like Paul and Jacob left. Is America on crack or what. She was amazing and I thought she would be the winner. She will have a record deal and she is going to blow away whoever wins this season. America needs to wake up and vote for where the real talent is. American Idol is not worth watching anymore because America always gets it wrong.

April 8, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  22. katy

umm....Is Pia really only 22? She looks and acts a lot older. I don't know what happened, other than my thought that everyone was just tired of the ballads....or thought she'd be safe anyway. She'll be fine, not to mention the summer concert contract. We all must remember that there were others voted off in the past that made it big time – like....Lambert, Daughtry, Mandisa all who have had several albums out and some even before the actual "Idol". You gotta realize that this is a stage for all of them to get out there and be discovered in a much easier format than the average singing star who has to climb the ladder one rung at a time. These contestants started at the bottom rung and got flung to the top of the middle just by being on this show.

April 8, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  23. Vince

If the judges are NOT going to get in the game and call out the poor (or just plain weird) performances, then this is what you're left with. When ALL the judges say are giving ALL the contestants high marks for mediocre performances, then mediocrity wins! You don't want to hurt their feelings? What about the feelings of the ones who really DESERVE to stay? COME ON JUDGES! They can't ALL win. DO YOUR JOB!!!

April 8, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  24. Ryan

Did you people complaining about this even vote? Its like complaining about the country but not voting for President.

April 8, 2011 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  25. dogs rule

joie: HE'S ITALIAN, YOU MORON! WILL ALL OF YOU GET IT ALREADY????????
    That being said: I am ashamed to be a citizen of a country who would vote Pia off and leave boring mediocrity, like Hayley and Lauren; and downrignt awful-ness like the arrogant Jacob!! Can't watch this any more after what happened to Pia. What, did all you MALES feel threatened by her beauty and class? You preferred the bimbos? Pia was spot-on perfect every time! JUDGES: BET YOU WISH YOU HADN'T WASTED THAT SAVE ON CASEY, NOW!!!!! YOU ARE PARTLY TO BLAME FOR THIS – YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED. PIA SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE LAST TWO STANDING. THIS WILL TEACH YOU!!!!! OMG I CAN'T STAND THIS.

April 8, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  26. Cats Eyes

AI IS SUPPOSSED TO BE A SINGING CONTEST. NOT A DANCE/PREFORMANCE CONTEST. THEY SAY THEIR LOOKING FOR THE BEST SINGER. AI COULD LEARN FROM THE VOICE SHOW. THEY ARE JUDGED SIGHT UNSEEN. EVERYONE ELSE PUTS IN ALL THESE OTHER THINGS THE CONTESTANTS SHOULD BE DOING. PIA HAS MORE TALENT THAN ALL THE REST OF THEM PUT TOGETHER. SHE WILL GO FAR. THE VOTING IS OBVIOUSLY FIXED BY THIS THING CALLED MASS VOTING. THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE VOTING PROCEDURE SO THE REAL SINGERS CAN WIN. NOT WIN B/C A 13 YR OLD THINKS HES CUTE

April 8, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

I believe they are looking for the best entertainer, not just vocals, other wise the judges wouldn't care if they stand around or dance.

April 8, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  27. Minnee

Pia is a great singer but a total bore on stage; she hasn't shown a likable personality and that's what gets votes.

April 8, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  28. Mark S

Haley needs to go! UGH!!!!! Then Jacob. (what a whiner)

Sorry folks but either James or Lauren will win. Scotty will make the top 3.

Enough said.

PS – Pia will do well with a recording contract. Not stage performances.

April 8, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
    • xfm

this was interesting tonight. the judges are scripted, but i think they actually were angry about toscano leaving.
      not out of love, but because the show needs women. it's out of balance.
      six guys, two girls–
      that's not a good show.

April 8, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  29. travlintom

To all you critics (sic) who thought Pia should have been voted off....you're MORONS!!. She clearly had the best voice of all the contestants. Some of the opinions on this blog are obviously being voiced by people who don't know s**t or the silly teenyboppers who do the voting. The man in the mirror, Lusk should have got his walking papers. He sucks!!

April 8, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
    • domo

What a weird season. It started out strong. The judges were fun. J Lo was all fired up and smiling. Tyler was interesting.
      Now, Tyler looks bored. J Lo looks exhausted, she's got those eye lines. I'm the same age as her, and i recognize them. Just sayin, they make the big bucks!! so they need to entertain and they need to give USEFUL comments to the singers.
      (especially you Randy Jackson –making millions of $$$ a year– can you say more than "It was OK for me"????)

April 8, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. LVK

Sorry but PIA like to scream alot. What others thought was a great note Simon would have said that she was screaming not singing. She was annoying and really BORING....the least likely to sell any records. She looked like she could perform with the band singing at weddings, not selling out concerts. Sorry but PIA had to go!!!! Not sorry one bit!!!

April 8, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  31. stefania

stefano is ITALIAN – lmao – too funny ... pia is a good singer , she has been practicing that since she was a toddler ... but too mechanical , to stiff... i think the only one left here with a semi good voice is lauren, who will be shocked beyond her believe if she doesnt win , she really had the look in her face – "oh i can't be voted out am the favorite one" yuk

April 8, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  32. Grace

Pia was the only one with a real voice. Too bad and so sad...I won't be watching anymore...she was my favorite.

April 8, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  33. jonathan

Pia can sing true but other then the fact that she can hold a note she really wasn't that great. She lacked fire and sang boring songs w/no personality but not just that I really think just because someone can hiit a big note at the end (which is mostly what she did) it doesnt make him/her an amazing singer. her voice wasnt beautiful or amazing and i for one am not shocked she got cut. the judges are tone deaf this year in my opinion lol and i do agree she was just loud w/her big note.

April 8, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  34. cacmacac

YAY!! I was so glad Pia got voted off!!! And apparently I am not the only one in America who was glad to see her go. What the hell is the matter with the judges that they seemed to confuse LOUD with GOOD? She has apparently been a favorite of theirs and I am at a loss to understand why. To me she was just a one-trick-pony without a lot of depth. I wish her no harm, I'm just glad that one of the others didn't get ousted to keep this Judges' favorite on.

April 8, 2011 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • stefania

so true.... can we get the other favorite off now lol... lets go, go home lauren...

April 8, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  35. katie smith

WIth all this crap about poor pia...did any one realize that she tried out about 3 years ago and got cut in Hollywood...what the heck does that tell u.......she needs to go work on her performance issue now and come back in another 3 years when the show is off the air...LMAO

April 8, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  36. discofreak

Every week.................I promise I will move around next week and wow America....yes you did, you're gone!!!

Next up Ronald Mc Donald and then Casey.

April 7, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  37. discofreak

April 7, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Pepper76

Looks like JLO can't save American Idol...... X FACTOR coming and American Idol going and going and going....

April 7, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Pepper76

THE END OF AMERICAN IDOL!!! Time watch something else........ Carrie and Pia...voice and face......again the next winner 600K album sale, all from 1 State... hahahahaha!

April 7, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Janet

What is going on! Pia has the best voice of them all! I thought this was American Idol! Will not watch the rest of the season for sure. Something is going on behind the scenes. Really obvious something is fishy here , Pia led in all the polls across the board. How can you watch something like this which is not being run fairly.

April 7, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. FBJeffy

Nobody see"s the way the voting is going this year! These judges are too easy on the singers They need the criticism of Simon to sway the voters to get THE MOST TALETED singer! All these three say You Nailed IT , You"re In It to win it They are not hard enough to pin down the best singer!

April 7, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. madhater

Change the name of the show to Teen Girls' Favorite Crap! They're the only ones voting!

April 7, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Steve Rubin

Pia was one of the best singers American Idol ever had...EVER! Misses Lopez is responsible for this ,it's not a contest about who can dance and sing Jennifer ...it's a singing contest and Pia is so much better than J-LO!

April 7, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • katie smith

What are you smoking dude??? Are kidding JLO get mad kash by singing and performing well....shakin her thang...that is what an artist does not sit in the middle of the stage in one place b/c your nervous and just tilt ur head back and shout out...not getting ya anyway.........like she said: RESEARCH DUDE!!!!! Dang like u all up in TMZ and shyt.......

April 7, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  44. BK

Anybody remember Chris Daughtry? I am guessing he is making more money than most of the idol winners. Pia will also.

April 7, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Poor Pia

Pia is talented and beautiful but not American Idol pop-star material. Hopefully she'll get an offer to be in a Broadway musical because that's where she'd really shine. Sorry to see her go before Stefano and Hailey.

April 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

Oh really? They, pray tell, why is Mr. NOT Pop Star material, Scotty Hillbilly, still there? He should have been gone long ago. Who the h*ll is voting for this creep??? Just the Southerners??

April 8, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  46. Diane

Not surprised by tonight's outcome. Although Pia can knock it out of the part with her voice; being a true star requires many more components. Stage performance, relating to the audience, the Wow factor, all lost on poor Pia. Too many beauty pageants in her past, I think.

It's a very interesting dynamic this year; anyone can win this one.

April 7, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Lola

Not a huge Pia fan but I think she should have stayed longer than the rest of them! LOL!

April 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Lynn

Pia has great singing talent. Pia is beautiful young woman. However, Pia did not encompass the "full package". Entertainment is a combination of many things including stage presence. I found her performances lacking the stage presence that leaves the viewer wanting more. At the end of the day there will only be "one" winner on American Idol. This viewer is sure that there will be other winners in their own right regardless of the voting outcomes of this show. Good Luck contestants.

April 7, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Mary S.

Pia is a beautiful girl but, unfortunately, a one-trick pony. She has no stage presence & if you close your eyes & listen to her, her voice is not unique. Just looking like a diva doesn't make her one.

April 7, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  50. scott

This is NOT a surprise, everyone. Pia got voted off for one reason and one reason ONLY: people assumed she was safe, so they voted for someone they thought "needed" their votes more. It's exactly what happened with Daughtry. That's just the way Idol works. In fact you could almost say she got voted off because she was considered too GOOD. It's much more about the inherently flawed voting system than because people didn't like her enough.

April 7, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Josh

Americans are tone-deaf, it's just sad. I mean look at the crap in the Top 40 today and you'll see, people only want puppets who will dance and look pretty while lip-syncing auto-tuned crap. Artists like Pia who can TRULY SING and sing beautifully have no place in today's fake American "music". Well at least we got to experience a young woman with a beautiful voice who will go on to make a record that few will buy, but will be miles better in quality.

April 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

You are absolutely right. But, Celine Dion makes a LOT of money, and Pia reminds me of her, only much more beautiful!!!

April 8, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Arlee

You hit the nail on the head. You are so right when it come to todays so called music. Drop the auto tune and have a video that doesn't show half naked dancers and see how many CD's they sell, or downloads they get. The nation has lost its way when it come to good music. But every once in a while you hit it lucky, then you can milk your song like Justin Bieber has done with Baby to the top and make Zillions.

April 8, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  52. V

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO GULLABLE. "OH NO, PIA GOT VOTED OFF" "IT'S NOT FAIR".
    WHAT A JOKE YOU FOOLS ARE. NONE OF THE LOSERS ON AMERICAN IDOL HAVE ANY REAL TALENT, BUT YOU ARE ALL TO DUMB TO REALIZE THAT.
    DUMBPHUCKS.

April 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Davee

The recording companies have to be pounding Pia's door down right now. You don't have to win Idol to make it to the top. We have not seen the last of this girl for sure.

April 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. louie

nice job saving that bearded kid, judges. he is a whack job. american idol judges and producers blew it by wasting a save for him. now was the time to forget the rules and save pia. there go your ratings american idol. you just lost me!!! i got better things to do than watch a rigged and manipulated game, the runners up always have more success than the winner. pia is and will be a star. this is like the year that grey haired kid won. you never heard from him again. boycott american idol. turn it off in protest.

April 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Shelby

This was so wrong! What you have are those rancid, creepy little teeny boppers voting for the guys because " WOW, like , they are so cute, you know". They can stick it where the sun don't shine!

April 7, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Joey

Pia was the best singer by far, but her stage/entertainment presence was bottom 1/3. She easily could have carried it to the top 3, but I think she did herself in last night with the poorest selection of song and dress of her too short season. She found her strength early and in attempt to follow the TERRIBLE advice of the judges left her comfort zone. She also looked like she gained 30 pounds in a week in that white dot rag she wore... SAD. Pia is AWESOME.

April 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  57. contessa

Pia is gone...and Paul and Stefano STAY! She is more talented than they are. It's a real turn-off to watching the show when someone like her gets voted off and less talented people get to stay. You can see how disconcerting it is
    to the judges (who are PROFESSIONAL musicians) when they see someone who they know is the "whole package" and has huge potential get voted off...good for the judges that they let their true feelings of disgust/disbelief/disdain show when the decision was announced. Pia will get a recording contract...and soon.

April 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  58. trish

This is what happens when people try to be ugly....pple were so focused on trying to get Jacob out for his comment that they probably voted for those they thought were the weaker singers to boost up their votes to get Jacob out....but guess what happened...that left the top singer with no votes....i love Pia, definitely did not deserve to leave but hopefully pple stop trying to "punish" pple for their comments ha ha ha...

April 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Marklar

To Pia's detriment she was a one act pony. Did she really think that she could take on Tina? "I'll do an up tempo song" yeah right, another Diva up tempo song. It was he ego that caused America to not care anymore about her. I was not so shocked, although I think Stephano, the Italian boy band singer should have gone home, his time is done anyway.

Good show tonight. I don't have to hear another 90's ballad from another Mariah Scary, or Whitney Blewston, or Celine Be-gone wannabe. Divas earn their status through hard work I.E. Striesand, Cher, Tina, Donna, should I go on?

nough' said.

April 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Mairi P

Well that was a shocker. Pia was a great singer and should not have been voted off. She does need more stage presence though. Jacob or Stefano should have left. Stefano continually sings with his eyes closed and Jacob isn't that good.

April 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  61. joie

absolutely disappointing. i hope pia gets a really good contract. she deserves it.

April 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  62. AnonymousGirl

Said it once and I'll say it again this show is a f****** popularity contest. Who gives a f*** if Pia can sing her ass off. According to America if she doesn't gallup around and shake her ass she can't be an American Idol. What kind of s*** is this?!?!?!? AMERICAN IDOL NEES TO BE CANCELED BECAUSE IT'S NOT ABOUT FINDING TRUE TALENT. IF IT WAS WHY ARE YOU LETTING COMMON NOBODYS WHO PROBABLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC VOTE FOR WHO SHOULD WIN?

April 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • contessa

Right on, anonymous girl! You are right...and it is a huge turn-off! It is insulting to the judges who have to sit there and watch a debacle like what happened tonight...I am done with AI since the "popularity contest" aspect trumps the recognition of true talent.

April 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • katie smith

It's about the whole package! Boring to watch and anyone that can sing can stand one place...duh

April 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@ Americangiel / Contessa – Of course it's a popularity contest! Just about everything now adays is! People wear these jeans or those shoes because they are POPULAR – not because they are the best! Same thing with music! Most people buy it cause thats what's popular! Ding Ding Ding – wake up! they got here on talent; now it's popularity that sells! records and everyone is in it for the money!

April 8, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. EL DIABLO BUENO

I am not watching it any more this season. Let the 12 year old gilrs have it. They are the ones that spend money on todays music anyhow. This show now just suuuuckkkkks.

April 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  64. joe

this is why i turned off american idol a few years ago. the votes get rigged. i will once again not tune into american idol for the remainder of the season. Pia was the best by far. she will make more $$$ than any other remaining contestant. good luck pia.

April 7, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Joyce

what a load of crap! one of the best singers in that pack is out! stefano should have been out 2 weeks ago! can't stand that guy. pia is the full package, this is so wrong! and now there are only 2 women – both of which are no better than pia – and 6 men alive.

April 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Michael

Pia is a great singer, but she just did not connect with her audience. We never saw her personality. That's why she's gone.

April 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poor Pia

you're absolutely right. She sang too many ballads, was stiff on stage, and repeatedly wore matronly and ill-fitting outfits... I still think she was one of the best singers; she just needs to work on the performance part.

April 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jahacopo

Not sure why Seacrest was just assuming that Pia was voted off because people across America thought she was safe...I think Pia is a totally amazing singer, but she is not a performer, and to be an American Idol you have to be the whole package. She is stunningly beautiful and talented, but a snoozefest to watch, unless you're just ogling her. I think America got it right...

April 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  68. chris

Paul has gotta be getting the "vote for the worst" vote cause he suks.

April 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. IDOLFAN

I can not believe what just happened, PIA was so good, it should have been Haley or Paul.

April 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Sar

Jacob should have been gone as well as Stefano before pia but she'll be better off on her own than understand the idol label

April 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Joe

Bull America!!! STRAIGHT UP BULL! IDK HOW people don't realize how much pure talent that girl really has!!!!!!! so so terrible

April 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  72. teresa, ohio

tata Pia ... youre a great singer.... youre a boring boring boring performer. Actually Mariah Carey in her early days thought all she had to do was open her mouth. Works great for record sales but not live performances. Pia STANDS by you... but thats all she'll do... she wont move on the floor, doesnt dance, face is emotionless when she delivers a song. I hope she continues to sing though, she is incredible. I think it should have been Stefano, though JLO would be just as upset.

April 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  73. EL DIABLO BUENO

PIA WAS THE BEST ON THERE. PROBABLY THE BEST IN THEVLAST 5 OR 6 SEASONS. THIS IS JUST A STUPID SHOW AND I WAS STUPID TO BE SUCKERED IN AGAIN TO WATCHING IT. THIS SEASON IS OVER FOR ME.

April 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • BK

I agree. Thinking back to Chris Daughtry who made it much bigger than the winners did. Pia will be the big star of the group this year. Be surprised if she won't have a contract before the show is over this year.

April 7, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! HAYLEY, LAUREN, JACOB...UNINTERESTING SCREAMERS. THEY WERE CRYING FOR JOY OVER PIA'S ELIMINATION, BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY HAVE A BETTER CHANCE NOW. AND, LET'S NOT FORGET MR. ONE NOTE: SCOTTY WHO MAKES EVERYTHING HILLBILLY!!! GIVE HIM "THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT" TO SING AND SEE HOW AWFUL/NON VERSATILE HE REALLY IS!!!

April 8, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

Did you people that are crying about this even vote? Its like complaining about the country but not voting for President.

April 8, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

@dogs rule – looks like your hating again just like last year!!! Scotty – is awesome and very versatile! Of course last time I checked; snoop dog aint singing country and George Straight aint singing rap! Why? cause that's not who they are! Which is why Scotty is so good! He sings his way – not Ai's way! Scotty is this years winner! Yeah, I said it!

April 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  74. confused

can you believe pia is voted off first before stefano, haley and jacob? there's something wrong America!

April 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • joie

i know stefano at least should be out by now. haley although not that fantastic a voice could at least perform. something is seriously wrong. latinos please stop voting for stefano simply because he is one, be fair to those that deserve to be there more than him.

April 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mikey

Joie,

Stefano is Italian you moron. Oh and "Joie" is just a misspelled name.

April 8, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  75. chris

Pia? Wow. It's gotta be a "perfect" backlash non-vote.

April 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Sar

I am not surprised every year all of the girls are voted off. Pia was good and she is very pretty but i think se seemed stiff all the time. She's a great singer just not very interesting and mostly young girls are voting these days so that's my take on it.

April 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kat

I agree. Pia is pretty and sings very well... but even when she did try to sing something up-beat, she still didn't move around the stage as much. She still needs to work on her stage presence. But not worries, a lot of good contestants that are voted off early have great careers now... Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry are perfect examples. This way, when Pia releases her album, she has full control of what she wants to do and be held down by the AI producers.

April 8, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  77. hba

Great voice but boring to watch, no personality. It was time for her to go.

April 7, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

She needed to hike up her dress all the way up to her mouse, do something young with that hair, and sing with abandon. She didn't do any of that and now she's gone. Poor Pia!

April 7, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Val

I agree. Pia got raves from the judges for her technical ability, but I'm no musical expert. I just know what I like. Pia was like a perfect ice princess. No charm, no warmth. She didn't even change up that 1960s hairstyle week-to-week. Boring. A performer needs more than technical perfection. Personality and "good enough" talent beats icy perfection any day, IMO.

April 8, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  78. EL DIABLO BUENO

THAT WAS JUST A STUPID VOTE. SHE WAS THE BEST ONE ON THERE. IM NOT WATCHING ANY MORE THIS SEASON. THEY CAN KISS MY FAT BUTT. :(

April 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Connor

Pia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Connor

Randy will go crazy if Jacob is voted off... did you see his face when Ryan said he is in the bottom 3? No worrys.Stepheno will be voted off.

April 7, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  81. mirror

hi jacob! im the mirror.. you might need me to look at your reflection.

April 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Stella Pearl

Whoa. Didn't see that coming...Pia??

April 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  83. rick smith

vote the worst is ruining this show once again

April 7, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Vote for the worst is entirely overrated! There's no way voting for the worst sent PIA home!!

April 8, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Sar

Isn't Stefano Italian?

April 7, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

Pia got voted off because she looks in her mid-40s. Young and Pia do not go together. She has a great bod, but great for a woman in her mid 40s, not in her 20s. She sung well, but had her feet nailed to the floor. No emotion, too mechanical, and not enough charisma.

April 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Moye

Yes i agree that Jennifer will lose it if stephano is voted off!! He represents the latino's on Idol!!

April 7, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lala

i totally agree. stefano cute and tot ally good at singing!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joyce

latino has much better talent that that, please. he should be voted out. get real, the guy screams, don't know timing and really is quite cheesy. stop voting for him simply because his latino, be fair to the other singers who deserve it more than him. like pia!

April 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

STEFANO IS ITALIAN!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

April 8, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • ac

Stephano is Italian you ignorant a#s there is a difference, get out of your box, oh I'm sorry you are the one of the retards that call the United States, "America", guess what retard Mexico and Colombia and Canada and other countries are in America too RETARD

April 8, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  86. Frank N. Stein

Send all these freaks home, especially Jlo and Randy, dog! This is a tired show whose time is up!

April 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • chauncey

If you really feel this way, why in the world do you watch it...why do you put yourself through such agony? Do you not have any other channels???????????

April 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • joie

stop voting for stefano because his latino, geez. it's not fair to those that deserve it more than him. be fair. the guy screams, no presence, really cheesy, i mean does anyone seriously think he can sing better than pia? he's lucky he's still in there, but please for the show sake, get rid of this guy. it's like sanjaya way back when. the show will lose audience if something this ridiculous keeps happening. stefano does not have a chance, nor can he sing. so stop wasting our time by keeping him on the show!

April 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • CB

When singers like Pia are eliminted it just joes to show that America is conposed of 3M tone deaf jerks who should not be alowed to even view the program, must less vote on iit. Pia will make nnore money than the other 8 ...starting immediately,

April 7, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maurice

She waited to long to take a chance ,Thats whats ut all about,
      Right now ,ill say our country singer is the one to beat ,James,and Paul werea real let down on Wed. night
      ,i really though they would bring the house down ,But Scotty Leads all the way
      This a great bunch of singers this year,I wish them all the best

April 8, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

AND YET, HERE YOU ARE, STILL WATCHING!

April 8, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Ali

It's definately becoming a messed up show. Pia and Scotty probably the 2 best on there. What in the world do people see in Haley? The girl does does the same moves which is stand there and think she has rhythm. This show has so gone down hill.
      The judges wasted a save on casey who is absolutely NOTHING to idol. Granted he can somewhat sing but he doesn't have the look. Wonder how the judges feel now.
      The show has become of waste of TV time.
      Pia you deserve to win it!!

April 8, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Lucy Letton

Judges, you're to blame. You all gush over every singer, every performance. Part of your job is to guide America's untrained ears with constructive criticism. Pia will be okay – with that huge voice, she'll be a star on Broadway tomorrow. But YOU, judges, should learn from this. I can't believe how you gush over some of the performances that are truly mediocre. There is a ton of talent on this show, but your "critiques" are useless.

April 8, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Deborah

Why is Paul still in this picture? He is without a doubl the worst singer in the bunch, yet he's still there? I seriously think they need to limit the number of votes each voter can cast. Voting should be based on talent, not lack thereof.

April 8, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • nikki

The voting population is probably tweens and teens – meaning they are voting for "pop" stars NOT artists or musicians. This has been clear in past seasons as well. Paul and Casey are incredible musicians but sadly don't have "the look" these twits like. I love you Paul and Casey!!!!!

April 8, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • nikki

Oh and Jacob? C'mon.... sure his voice is nice if you like that style but does he do anything else?????

April 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Preston

This is a real crime. Pia, was by far the best. The last two lady's are still far better than any of the guys. She should of been in the top two with Heley and her going into the final round for the winner.

I am not interested in watching the rest as I see them kicking out Heley as well. American Idol should be ashamed to allow this type of act in happenig. Even a recount would help and compare the results to see what went wrong. This has done nothing good for your show.

I see why my wife dislikes to watch the show. It was another example of how American Politics was demostrated by the American peoples. There is not anything good about this a. Good luck, Pia you go Girl and make a lot of music, so we can enjoy you God Given Talent. God Bless You!!!!!!!

April 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • rustysrage

Deborah, Come on! The number of votes each person can cast is totally irrelavant! Even if somebody wanted to spend the money and time to cast thousands of votes they'd have to do it for all the others except the one they want voted off for your theory to even be possible!

April 8, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • kitty cat

OMG! i can not believe pia was kicked off she was by far the best songer on american idol. She had so much talent it was unbelievable. THIS IS THE WORST AMERICAN IDOL VOTE OFF IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN IDOL! I LEV U PIA!

April 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |