'The Hangover Part II' trailer pulled from theaters
April 7th, 2011

'The Hangover Part II' trailer pulled from theaters

Here’s hoping the film lasts longer in theaters than the trailer did.

After one week on the big screen, "The Hangover Part II" trailer, which debuted in front of Summit Entertainment’s “Source Code” on April 1, has been temporarily pulled from theaters.

The reason? It could have to do with the last scene. Now, we’re not at liberty to describe said scene on this family-friendly blog, however, we can tell you this: “When a monkey nibbles on a wenus, it’s funny in any language.”

“In our haste to meet the placement schedule for this trailer, we failed to properly vet the final version with the MPAA,” the Warner Bros. Pictures Group told CNN. “We acted immediately to correct the mistake and removed the trailer from screens.”

The Hollywood Reporter says the trailer will be back in theaters on April 15, playing in front of “Scream 4,” which, like "The Hangover Part II," has an R-rating.

Did you catch the trailer before it was pulled? Post your thoughts in the comments below.

Post by:
Filed under: Bradley Cooper • movies

1. click here

We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with helpful information to paintings on. You have done an impressive task and our whole group might be grateful to you.

August 11, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. SkinLikeWinter

Watch "This Film is Not Yet Rated" to find out who the MPAA has far too much control in "deciding" what is "allowed" to be put on a movie screen. It's like mom gets to watch every movie and trailer before you to decide if it's "appropriate" for you.

May 6, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. EarlGrayHot

No, mercifully I didn't see this appalling trailer and I hope the movie gets pulled just as quickly. I can't imagine why anyone wasnts to watch such moronic films. This genre is pathetic and boring and not worth the film they're printed on.

May 6, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lame

The first one was absolutely dreadful... no desire to see this one at all.

Oh, @glenn.... come on, Next Friday was hilarious!!

May 6, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joe M.

Saw the trailer, and don't even remember the last scene of it. The whole thing looks equally as stupid as the first one.

May 6, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. weanus

Looks like they shot exactly the same movie as the first go round. Can't comprehend why anybody who has seen movie #1 would go see a complete retread in movie #2?

May 4, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Takeihashi

The offending trailer is STILL available for viewing on the Apple Trailers site.

Do a search in the search box for hangover. Hangover 2 will come up (pun intended!)

May 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mama18876

when source code was in theaters i took my 12 year old daughter to see it as she is a big fan of jake and was shocked to see the trailer! i had read up on the movie and was comfortable taking her to see it but she is twelve years old and DID NOT need to see the trailer. I was and still am livid about it!

May 2, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mink

I'm rather confused as to why "wenus" was so offensive for a trailer before a PG-13 movie. Do the "offended" people not realize what PG-13 means? There can be swearing, nudity, drug references. If "wenus" is that offensive, perhaps take your kids to a G rated move.

April 27, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. Chelsea

So, you go to a Rated R movie, full of the F word, and MF word, expecting to watch people get slain from ear to ear, and complain about a water bottle being suggested as a male body part? Every single person in the theatre laughed. The only problem I had with it was that (probably what other peoples' problem is), parents stupidly bring their way-under-17-year-old children to this film (there were 4 in fact, the night I went to Scream 4), and they complain because they brought their children to an inappropriate movie in the first place, and they saw someting they shouldn't have. So keep the kids and their dumb parents out of Rated R films, and problem, solved.

April 21, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. AntiPoliticalCorrectness

Cant do anything anymore in the United States of The Offended!

April 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dan

I saw the trailer and it appears that they are trying to rehash all the same jokes from the first movie.

April 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dave

hope it bombs and Mel Gibson gets the last laugh.................

April 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cabo1001

Trailer was greatness and can't wait to see it. To Zebula.....America can't compete in the world anymore? Uhhhhhhh do what? It's ignorant comments like that send me spinning. Your on an Entertainment blog posting about political jargon.

April 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dave

Funny stuff!!

April 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Zebula

Definitely scary that so many people find this stuff funny. No wonder America can't compete in the world any more.

April 11, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • dpits

its really scary that there are soo many insecure people that need to call their own countrymen idiots or morons, thats the real problem. Instead of worrying about what other people think is funny, which shouldn't matter to anyone who has any kind of self respect and dignity, you should worry about your own sorry life because you can't laugh after they broke that broomstick off in your a ss and made you people soo uptight and self rightous. I'm gonna laugh soo hard it'll make you look like an idiot for not enjoying some crude humor. now go back to your wenus suckin life

April 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Libmedia

Ahh, come on now: it's a movie trailer; limit what's in it. If I take my kids to see a PG movie and that trailer comes on, it's uncomfortable. In my neighborhood, one 4-year old tried to give another 4-year old a BJ a while back; they're both boys. Tell me THAT's not going to have psychological scars for him. Out of sheer human decency, limit what goes into a trailer at least.

April 11, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  18. O_Bones

Willie Shakespeare was right: "Much ado about nothing..."

April 10, 2011 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  19. Sonnyred

I lived in Bangkok for a while, so thats a tame version of what really goes on in that place......on a normal tuesday night

April 9, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sissi212

I thought it was hilarious and as funny as the first one was this one looks even funnier... Can't wait.

April 9, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. William

Now I REALLY can't wait for this sequal to come out. Woohoo!!!

April 8, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  22. KawiMan

It's amazing. God forbid, a woman's breast or a man's penis is shown in the movies here is the US. However, it's no problem showing people getting their brains blown out. This is a symptom of a greater underlying problem in American society.

April 8, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. jimintexas

Reminds me of being in a theatre with my kids years ago (for a PG movie) when they aired a trailer for Austin Powers including a line in which the Powers character says "Well then, which is she? Spitz or Swallows?" In unison, parental heads turned to glare at the projection area. I'm often reluctant to take my younger kids to a movie until the trailers are over. They used to be teasers to get you interested in a movie. Now they are mini-movies that assault the senses (and contain most of to the movie's elements). They also didn't use to last a half hour.

April 8, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. EPOL

Just read that a revised Hangover 2 trailer is set to premier April 15th, ahead of Scream 4. It will be interesting to see what edits and changes are made to it.

To check out quotes from the now-pulled Hangover 2 trailer, visit http://www.TheHangoverQuotes.com

April 8, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  25. AJ

I saw the trailer. Meh. This is a studio-mandated sequel because the original made a ton of money. Seriously, how could this happen TWICE? "Oh nooooo! We're hungover... AGAIN!" Expect it to be really bad. The trailer was okay but it looks like the exact same movie in a different setting. And it didn't offend me. The same old juvenile disgusting stuff.

April 8, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  26. Tif

AHAHAHAHA... I finally saw the preview on worldstarhiphop.com. Hilarious!

April 8, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  27. Cody

It's an R rated film being shown before R rated movies...you know what you're getting into....

April 8, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  28. Scott

@Justthefacts I bet your family stopped inviting you to the Christmas part... you sound like a big ball of fun.

I was unaware that the word "Wenus" was such a shocker to kids these days. Or even the masquerading of a water bottle wrapped in some sweatpants would offend an audience going to see a movie where a couple hundred people on a train get blown to bits by terrorists, Ooo and Jake Gyllenhaal banging some random girl on said train, ya totally kid friendly. The trailer was hilarious and showed the world exactly what we wanted to see, more awesomeness

April 8, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • hillbilleter

According to Craig Ferguson, the "wenus" is the crinkly bit of skin that puckers up on your ELBOW when you straighten your arm. Nothing at all resembling a water bottle or any other container.

April 23, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  29. JustTheFacts

Anyone who loves the original movie, the trailer, the monkey, or the sequel is a moron.
    Anyone who finds all of this juvenile, tasteless, and moronic is sensible.
    Now can't we all just get along? GROUP HUG!!!!

April 8, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  30. Brianna

I am an american citizen living in germany and we see naked women just driving the kids to school in the morning. the songs on the radio arent censored and the society here is AMAZING. The american people need to lighten up, i think this is maybe why americans die at a much younger age than europeans. They stress about the stupidest things. Cant wait to see the movie.

April 8, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  31. Darius

Umm I'm sure no one was offended by the trailer so........

April 8, 2011 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  32. Amira

Just saw it on youtube. it's just ok. that all that for it to be pulled when people are going to see it when they watch the movie anyway.

April 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Lennie Ross

I saw that trailer... it was funny... but I agree that part was a bit over the top... definitely not kid-friendly material. Wonder if they have to cut the scene out of the movie.

April 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Name*margie l.

I CANT WAIT....to see Hangover Part II !!!! Over and over again. Everyone needs to bring a friend along...."no boring friends allowed".... so hilarious, great entertainment !!!!!

April 7, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Patti

The movie studio can't buy publicity like this! I would bet a week's salary that this trailer wasn't shown at a movie like Hop, so don't be getting yer knickers in a knot. We all know what this movie is about! Save me, Jebus, from the wenus!

April 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. America'sPrioritiesAreAJoke

The first film is the highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time. The second will make even more money.

CNN. Cable News out of Nothing.

April 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  37. bRad

I read this article then watched the trailer on YouTube.....

April 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  38. mejazzbo

If the sequel is half as funny as the original, it will be a winner.

April 7, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Red&Curly

I didn't see the trailer, so I have no direct comment on it. But, as much as I like a good laugh, I realize that my opinion of what is funny may not be the next guys... and personally, I can respect that. After all... so what? Right? Like with anything else in life, we might want to ask ourself, "So, why does their difference of opinion bother me? How does that truly hurt me?" Truly... it usually doesn't. So, no big – Getting mad or dis'in' the next guy or gal's opinion is so often just a blinder over our own control issues. Only you are going to know the answer to why someone elses difference of opinion triggers you – not me, the next guy, nor ur mama can make that call. So, with that said... You all truly want the world to "lighten up"? Than start by not allowing your neighbors opinion and statements to control you or your trigger. After all, any kind of dis'in' we do to how someone else thinks, is just psuedo superiority in an attempt to feel like we're okay. So, go ahead... try it... allow another's thoughts to be different than yours (as if we could really take it from them anyway *lol*) – It's actually quite empowering.

April 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jean claude van damn

I'm hungover right now, am I a sequel? Squeaquel?

April 7, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. @MATTFiNGAZ

Saw the trailer last night before Source Code played...hilarioussss! Especially parts w Leslie Chow. Glad they brought him back. He was definitely highlight of the first Hangover

April 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  42. The Monkey

I was the monkey in the trailer...I speak with an English accent and I have a fine sherry from time to time...behoove it to say, it was one fine weenis!

April 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. CPinDE

Wow get over it!! We as a society have become absurd. When I was a kid we sang My Ding-a-ling by Chuck Berry. All the parents laughed and the kids didn't know why. I bet some people think we shouldn't have sang that. GET OVER IT

April 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  44. shadowsock13

When I saw the trailer, it upset me so much I almost didn't go dancing !!!!!!! I'm so tired of the Disney & Christian mafia ruining my good time. I don't need a sub committee to think for me ........ get a real job losers.

April 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Tvfats

Grow up America!

April 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Alex

"Dude, I've met you like 5 times..."

April 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  47. glynn

This is why I loved the first film, because it was outrageously funny.

April 7, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. DT74

i haven't seen it but now I really want to.

April 7, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Firefly

oh yeah and Bradly Cooper is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Head Diva In Charge - EL

Oh my Firefly, you got me a turned on. I'd like to have some fun with you. :)

April 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  50. FireFly

Some of you people are prudes!! The Hangover was one of the funniest movies ever. I saw the orginal trailer and didn't think anything of it. I thought the monkey and the wenius was freakin hilarious!!!!

April 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Head Diva In Charge - EL

@Teacher I like doodie jokes myself.

April 7, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  52. In the Time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey

Big peel. The MPAA are nothing but monkeys anyway. They have only their own authority they are not a governing body. Holywood. Jewewsulum, whatever it is. Just show the trailer. I doubt a real penhis was shown or bitten.

April 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Head Diva In Charge - EL

@Mazama your husband howled in laughter. Umm are you married to a wolf?

April 7, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sonya

Not even close to being funny Head Diva In Charge – EL. But I'd like to spread your legs and find out how diva you really are. can i? :)

April 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  54. blah9999

The FCC is the biggest suppressor of free speech in our country

April 7, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  55. NYCMovieFan

Saw the trailer on Entertainment Tonight. So what about the content? Looks exactly like the first movie. Except we're not in Vegas anymore, but what's familiar is the somebody's getting married, we'll have a wild time, oops, we lost our friend, now we gotta try to remember what happened storyline. It would have been better to see a sequel with a new story, like what happened in Vegas did not stay in Vegas but followed them home, but whatever. I'll wait until it's on DVD, cause going to the movie theaters is now a big nightmare. So over the rudeness, nasty nachos and using cellphones and texting texting texting all the time. Geez, the stupid ones seem to think: why not text during the movie, cause my phone doesn't light up much – WRONG. It's so dumb and distracting. Keep the phones off in the movie theater, if you have brain surgery to perform later today, then what are you doing at the movies???

April 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Shawna

Wenius is the skin on your Elbow what are people so upset about come on it was funny

April 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • hillbilleter

Finally, somebody knows what the word means. Thank you so much for straightening these people out. I kept reading comments and wondering why no one seemed to know this.

April 23, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • csg

So are thinking if you pretend you don't understand what's going on you will seem more intelligent?

May 3, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Kevin Kitchens

Film looks absolutely dreadful. The crap people laugh at these days.

April 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Richard Allen

I am a monkey. gimmie yo wenus!

April 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Manuel Labor

He did have on a shirt that said "bite me."

April 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Reese

FYI, you can still watch the trailer at Apple.com

April 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  61. bes

I'm just so over that Bradley Cooper, he's a tool!

April 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Andy

Saw the original trailer. Yes, it was inappropriate for a movie where parents do bring children. I'm no prude, but that monkey gag was just infantile – a cheap laugh rather than a writer working for his pay.

Frankly, there are many trailers which are inappropriately shown, not always foir crude humor. Horror movie trailers routinely play in front of movies where kids are in the audience.

April 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Carter

It's much of the same movie as the first, however believe it will be just as funny.

April 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  64. David

MPAA = NAZI

April 7, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. zak engberson

are u kidding me? we see and hear far worse than that on tv! mpaa do not act high and mighty. saw the preview, not as good as 1st but still funny

April 7, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Brian

I saw the trailer and I guess I didn't think much of the inappropriate content of the trailer because The Hangover is inherently inappropriate already. though I do acknowledge that the last clip was a little too far.

April 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jerkin

@TEACHER, you are correct! I very much enjoy the jokes about doo doos..

April 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Ian

Every element of the Hangover have already been used in other movies. Most overrated movie of all time.

April 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  69. TEACHER

doodie and weeiner jokes rule ! especially the ones about doooodie ! it makes a person smile just a typing it ! :)

April 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Anthony

I haven't seen the trailer yet from the way it sounds it should've been released as a red-band trailer, which is essentially an R-rating for trailers. Whoever the person was that decided to release it as a green-band, "appropriate for all ages" trailer needs to be head slapped.

April 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  71. @Teacher

Dude are you like 5 years old? Doodie and weiner jokes? Come on. Get some better material.

April 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  72. brenden

Wolf pack....

April 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  73. jordan

why does it matter.... most likely the trailer was shown in a movie that is rated r...

April 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. brenden

Its a stupid movie its not going to be as good as the first one. Let me make a perdiction people hangover 3 oh my god it happened a third time and we are on the moon check your pockets for cluesm

April 7, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  75. TEACHER

If you are just so smart how come are you working during spring break ? I am at home sipping on vodka and smiling like any normal teacher would be. Plus what is that brown smudge at the corner of your mouth ? Was you snacking on a dooooodiesamwich ?

April 7, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bwest

" was you" ? How very "educated" of you. I feel sorry for your students.

April 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blue Eyes

@Bwest: It's someone masquerading as "Teacher."

Your children are safe.

April 12, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • dpits

teacher is just a twelve year old that gets made fun of in school cause he didn't see the first movie

April 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  76. justice

Wow! tuff crowed here! I'm sorry I missed the trailer, its sounds very......controversal. I loved the first Hangover movie, and because of that, I will see Hangover 2.

April 7, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Mo

For all of you living in trailers, how are you posting comments on CNN? And how do you know what CNN is? Weird...

April 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  78. TEACHER

Well. You like to play with doooooodie and are a nasty weeeenie toucher !

April 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Superhiro

Didn't even like the original.

April 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. bkkeith

I didn't see the trailer, but just wanted to point out that the "Wenis" or "Weenis" is the fleshy party of the outside elbow. Not sure why that getting bitten is all that funny. If you meant Penis, couldn't that be said since its the very dry and scientific word? Its not like you were saying c**k

April 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Gypsygrrl

It was hilarious!!

April 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  82. TEACHER? Really?

To TEACHER, perhaps you're the one who needs to learn a little grammar, or at least how to appropriately use a comma. And, for the record, I'm a teacher as well (on my lunch break), have a Masters, and think that "doodie and wieners" are hilarious in the proper context. Lighten up and spare us your faux elitism.

April 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  83. marluis.estrella@chartisinsurance.com

Gd

April 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  84. marluis.estrella@chartisinsurance.com

THO2

April 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  85. weenus lover

I thought it was great, and my trailer dont not fit in that thur tehator

April 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Monkey See Monkey Do

We're on the brink of a Govt. Shutdown which will delay tax refunds, paychecks of the troops @ war, veteran paychecks et al & they're worried about a monkey doing the vertical polka on an effen penis?!! COME ON PEOPLE GET YOUR THUMBS OUT OF YOUR A**HOLES!

April 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  87. comedian Boima Freeman

I've seen and heard worse on CNN

April 7, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  88. TEACHER

Jokes about doodie and wieners are the lowest most juvenile forms of humor. Any adult that thinks this is funny must be woefully uneducated. Please spend more time reading literature and learn some basic grammar before wasting your time on a blog.

April 7, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • laugh it off

I am a nurse and by no means am I uneducated. I find fecal and penis jokes funny. Some patients lighten up when we talk about their bowel movements with nonchalance, even humor per patients mood. It's a natural process, everyone poops, embrace it. It'll make your next hospital visit less awkward.

As for the jokes in the trailer, I haven't seen it but I will say this, context matters for an appropriate audience.

April 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Commentator

You comment seems elitist and pompous. Simply because you have different taste in humor than other people doesn't mean that they are immature, or that you are somehow better than them. Humor is subjective, it's relative to taste, so don't pretend like your some authority on the matter. You probably teach kindergardeners how to finger paint, then come on this blog like you're a hotshot

April 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • TommyBoy

Seriously, Teach? When we finish college we are no longer allowed to laugh at bathroom humor? What a sad little corncob-up-the-patooty world you must live in. Yes, believe it or not, in a world with 7 billion people and a country with over 300 million, there is room for Rom-Coms, Dramedies, Slapstick, lighthearted fare, Monty Python, Mockumentaries, Dark humor, High comedy, talking animals, and yes, even bathroom humor. Lighten up.

April 8, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blue Eyes

Wow! .....Why are you wasting your time on this blog?.....

April 12, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • CSG

You got it right. But when people are immature they don't realize it. No point in arguing with them. Our culture encourages immaturity.

May 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  89. kasey

It's a stupid repeat of a stupid movie that only juvenile morons would go see. Enough of the bathroom humor, already. Would somebody please write a comedy that didn't rely on penis jokes and "Dude, I'm so drunk" dialogue? Sheesh. The only ones that need to grow up are those that think this kind of garbage is funny.

April 7, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • LBO

oh c'mon, geesh...
      if you're saying you didn't laugh AT ALL during the first movie, you're not being honest.
      that movie was hilarious.

April 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • swippy726

Amen LBO! You're awesome.

April 7, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • DrJ

I completely agree kasey. The writers these days couldn't write an intelligent comedy that doesn't rely on the lowest common denominator if their lived depended on it. All jokes are about hooking up, foul language and bathroom humor. I love comedy, but seriously – this stuff is drivel. Give me an intelligent comedy and maybe I'll spend my $8 to go see it...

April 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • poop

We laughed at how bad the 1st movie was. saying its cliche is not enough, saying its cliche drivel is not enuf
      but how can you argue that with the dumb masses you cant.

idiocracy movie isnt happening in the future its happening now.

April 29, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  90. glenn

I don't think they should make sequels to comedies. I mean, how often is the sequel as funny as the original? Look at Arthur 2, Caddyshack 2, Ghostbusters 2, The Nutty Professor 2, Next Friday, Airplane 2, and so on and so forth. A joke is just not as funny the second time you hear it.

April 7, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Wenus Whisperer

True, dat! Jaws 2 was a total letdown. All the zany hijinx of the first one were totally played out. Godfather II wasn't anywhere near as funny, either. Well, there was that "Michael, I am your father" bit. I saw it with Mazama and her husband, and they are still howling as I type this. In fact it's getting hard for me to concentrate on the derison– on the heavy bertation of the– WHY HAVE YOU COME TO SEE ME ON THE DAY OF MY SON KAL-EL'S BRIS?

I'm sorry, I can'tAND TO THIS DAY, MICHAEL WON'T GO NEAR A TOLLHOUSE COOKIE! They're just NOT AS MUCH FUN AS THEY WERE IN THE BEGood bit 'n behead the pit.

Back to you, Katie.

April 28, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Stu

Did everyone miss the part of the trailer where he puts a water bottle under the mans clothes? Its not as if the monkey was really nibbling on the man's wenus. Lighten up people, you dont like it, dont watch it.

April 7, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • kasey

And how exactly do you NOT watch it when you paid to go see a movie and this crap shows up on the screen? Seriously, figure out how it works.

April 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Brian Griffith

Decency Laws: bringing you subjective and socially constructed definitions of morality for more than 2,000 years.

April 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. JED

my welfare check comes in on the 18th. im gonna get me a new window unit air condishuner and put the rest on the lottery ! if i win i will be a riding in stile in a cadilac !

April 7, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. kyle

Dev, you must hate the world if you didn't think the hangover was funny. Even my grandpa enjoyed it.

April 7, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  95. john

It's like my dad always used to say: "There's nothing funnier than a monkey biting a dude's pe*nis."

April 7, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  96. NANCY

MY TRAILER IS NOT OFFENSIVE. I KEEP IT UP REAL NICE ! THE GRASS IS MOWED AND WE PICK UP ALL THE CANS FOLKS THROW OUT ! what does thaetrical mean ?

April 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bowieboy

See my reply to Airhead. Oops. I mean, Ariel. Hope that splains things fer ya, cause I'm an instant fan! (One that caint be turned on cause our lectricity went out when you pulled my trailer from a theater!)

April 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJ

LOL! Nancy ur awesome!

April 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Dev

Saw The Hangover, not funny. Haven't seen the trailer for Hangover 2 but there's no doubt it's probably funnier than the whole first movie. Still trying to get those two hrs of my life back...

April 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Randy

The question is not whether the trailer offended you or me. The question is whether this was appropriate for everyone in every theater to be seeing, which includes all those people who would choose to never go see such a movie. The answer is simple: the trailer should have been pulled and edited. Only those who choose to pay for and sit through this movie should be exposed to such scenes.

April 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buster Bloodvessel

Anyone who thought the trailer was ok should have to watch it with his grandmother and then explain it to her.

April 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  99. MeChelle

Ok this world needs to lighten up and get the heck over it...it is funny and KIDS are talking worse than that these days...If they want to take things off the screen how about these movies with GUNS and DRUGS..IJS lighten up World we have wars going on and other PRESSING issues at hand!!!

April 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Ariel

At Nancy we r talking about a theatrical trailer not a mobile trailer

April 7, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bowieboy

Wow. Really?! A THEATRICAL trailer?!? I wish you'd told Nancy sooner cause she got it into her HAYid to pull MY trailer from a nearby theater, and now me and the missus can't git out cause we're wedged between the lobby doors!
      (Nancy: "Theatrical" means you're using more than one color to paint your trailer. You know those theatrical folks! KaRAZY!)

April 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Mazama

I saw it and couldn't stop laughing. Shared it with my husband who howled in laughter.
    We both loved the first movie and can only hope the second one is just as funny.

April 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Rich

Watched and laughed out loud so loud that my wife came into the room. We watched it together and laughed just as hard. Brilliant.

April 7, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  103. EM in Alabama

Has anyone got their foodstamps yet this month ? Mine are late and i am about out of ciggies. Theyll trade for em down at the ShopNsave.

April 7, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  104. EM

If some cityfied son of a gun tried to pull my trailer away from the theater i would put the smack down on them.

April 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  105. NANCY

Sorry BillyRay. Ma and my hubby live in a nice park in Mobile, Alabama. Im just not thr rambling kind.

April 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  106. mojo

Saw it and cracked up. Didn't even consider the thought that someone would be offended. Are we really not allowed to say penis? That's just moronic.
    Get a life people!

April 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  107. james

It played in front of a rated R movie and maybe a PG13... What's the big deal?

April 7, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  108. SV

All of this over a monkey chewing someone's elbow? Sure it's weird – but inappropriate – not a chance.
    Look weenus up in the dictionary.

April 7, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  109. NANCY

THANKS PEZ BOY ! YOU ARE THE BEST ! I LOVE MY TRAILER TOO !

April 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  110. pez boy

Awesome trailer

April 7, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Maverick

The trailer was funny. That scene was Meh. I wasn't offended. The movie the trailer played in front of wasn't a kid movie anyway.

April 7, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  112. BillyRay

Nancy Hon, you dont realize they are making fun of us folks that live in trailers. I live ouit of a 1987 Winnebago. I love it ! When it gets time to ramble on I am ready. Why dont we hook up sometime girl ? I bet you can make some mean sbrambled eggs and bacon. email me

April 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  113. BillyRay

Nanco Hon, you dont realize they are making fun of us folks that live in trailers. I live ouit of a 1987 Winnebago. I love it ! When it gets time to ramble on I am ready. Why dont we hook up sometime girl ? I bet you can make some mean sbrambled eggs and bacon. email me

April 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Head Diva In Charge - EL

@Nancy you are an idiot!

April 7, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary Beth

She was joking!!!

April 7, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • foxshasta

Geez, some people do not have a good sense of humor! @EL laugh a little! in fact, this whole reply is funny!! WAAAAHHHAAAHAAAA!

April 8, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • hillbilleter

@Head Diva in Charge: You sound anal retentive and lacking a sense of humor. Have you ever been to the Appalachian Mountains – did you buy a porcupine egg while you were visiting? You are the perfect shuck and jive straight man.

April 23, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Mari

I saw it, and yes i was shocked they said it, but I didn't get offended. People need to lighten up and get over it . Great movie, I am definitely going to see it.

April 7, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • EmSeeDubayou

I have not seen the trailer, so I'm not fully qualified to comment, but I assume that most of you posters are adults. Is the scene in question something that probably shouldn't be seen by people under a certain age, because it will be.

April 7, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  116. steve

You mess with me – you mess with the whole trailer park

April 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Craig

I aw the trailer in question and think people need to lighten up.

April 7, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Hollie

OMG! Get real folks with all that is going on in the world today we have to laugh to keep from crying. I saw the trailer and thought "Damn I cant wait to see the movie" LIGHTEN UP FOLKS

April 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • THX

I had to wonder how much of the ad-pulling has to do with that tattoo artist's injunction against film because of Mike Tyson's tattoo...

May 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  118. mztee

Can't wait to see the movie, but yes... that part should have been taken out of the theatrical trailer.

April 7, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  119. NANCY

I live in a nice trailer. Thanks for all the positive comments about it. It is a 2008 model Fleeteood 14×70. I dont understand the comment about it being hilarious but it is a good un !

April 7, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Bob Barker

You rock

April 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • RichardName*

Lmao, thats pretty darn funny.

April 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

@ Nancy...Forget everything else in life...I want to live with you & enjoy our romping about in your Fleetwood trailer! It must be a naughty place because everyone is talking about pulling it & yanking it. Plus, our collective senses of humor would see us through anything!

April 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Head Diva In Charge - EL

Now, that does sound funny! lol But being a trailer and all, it probably should have been a little "lighter" on the wenus jokes.

April 7, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  121. Shannon

I saw it and it was hilarious :p

April 7, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  122. Danny

They should have pulled it because it looks like the exact same movie as the first one.

"oh no we don't remember what happened last night....AGAIN! And where's our friend?"

April 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Michael Morris

That's why you're going to see the sequel, because it's the same, new, and hopefully just as funny!

April 7, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dennis

My thoughts exactly, how annoying

April 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoulTrain1943

It is the same movie, they just play it backwards.

April 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnyard

He MUST be on the rooftop!!! (arriving on the rooftop and not finding him) D'OH!!!

May 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  123. D

great trailer...

"NOT AGAIN"

April 7, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  124. Bruin

Saw the trailer, and while the referenced scene is cringe-worthy and warrented pulling as it really stretched the concept of "appropriate for all audiences", it fell well into the drunken frat-boy mentality that gets the characters into these situations in the first place.
    Funny? Yes
    Inappropriate? Definately
    Should it have been pulled and re-edited? No doubt. Save that joke for the full-length film and the proper audience.

April 7, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Stu

It was a water bottle put under the man's garment. It wasn't a "Wenus"

April 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus Hemoglobin

Spellcheck...good idea!

April 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • juskishi

learn how to spell definitely...

April 7, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve Atl

learn how to spell warranted, as well

April 8, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Chumlee

Spellcheck? Maybe he sent it from a phone with a vitual keyboard, something I have done many times. I did it now.

Seriously though, are you people so stupid as to not know what he meant? Give it up. Playing the spellcheck or grammar police is ignorant and childish.

April 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • rogerstein

do boys have weanuses?

April 17, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Jess

those MPAA are some crazy people. They are dumb

April 7, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Dennis

I seriously can't believe this country is so religious & freaked out about that word, a naked breast, people in underwear, could everyone please settle down. I promise you that's not what's causing problems in our society.

April 7, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aztrazolo

Dennis, it wasn't the word itself. It was the actions that went along with the word. The preview was supposed to have been approved for all audiences, the scene definitely was not appropriate for all audiences. The MPAA and the Studio in this regard are taking steps to make sure they respect that some people choose not to see content like this. They aren't trying to censor content or make a statement as to what may causing problems in our society. They are just keeping their end of the bargain on what they their previews contain.

April 7, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annuanki

Aztrazolo, you miss the point. Your stattement that this is inapporpriate for all ages is merely your opinion. The USA is so uptight about everything except violence. That is what is so nonsensical about our religious-infused culture. In Europe, people would be laughing or probably yawning. Sorry you STILL don't get it.

April 9, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • drbergin

Annuanki, I agree with you. Even though that scene may have been somewhat inappropriate for children in elementary school, the movie the source code was the only movie it was shown with. If I am not mistaken while i watched this movie there was several F Bombs and Violence. Thus, people watching this movie would have been fine seeing it if they can listen to the language in the movie. Also, I'm pretty sure most kids over the age of 12 have done something similar to this as a joke with the classic TV remote. Let everyone live a little. Try to enjoy it, because it only happens once.

April 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • rogerstein

whats a weanus?

April 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Robert

I saw the trailer and it was hilarious!

April 7, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • I'll Poker Face

I totally agree! Can't wait to see the film.

April 7, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • stud muffin

yes it was js stupid that they think its not fit to watch it among adults! now that tells u how immature the avarege adult is!

April 8, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Chumlee

Stud Muffin (??) maybe you should reread the story. It was pulled from being shown BEFORE a PG-13 rated movie. it will be back in theaters showing before an R rated movie.

April 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Trailer was totally inappropriate before a PG film. Glad it was pulled.

April 11, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • rogerstein

what is a weanus?

April 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • ari

it was hilarious. problem with this country are all the puritans out there that are offended by anything and everything they see. who cares if you're "offended" it doesn't hurt, it isn't painful, get over it, and learn to deal morons.

May 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • prufessa

this is a WARNING to all those waiting to go see part 2. the movie is EXACTLY the same is the first movie. they're essentially taking your money for making the SAME movie twice!

if you don't believe go watch both trailers back to back. the EXACT SAME EVENTS happen within seconds of each other on each trailer! you can take the script from the last movie and replace the word "baby" with "monkey" and you will have hangover part 2. i'm warning you! it will be one of the biggest bombs of 2011!

May 6, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |