Paul Reiser: 'America needed me'
April 7th, 2011

Paul Reiser: 'America needed me'

Paul Reiser is still mad about TV.

The "Mad About You" star talked to Parade magazine about returning to the small screen on April 14 after more than a decade with "The Paul Reiser Show."

Reiser said he is happy to return.

"I felt America needed me," Reiser told Parade. "I'm joking. I wasn't at all looking for it."

"There was no plan. This came about when a nice executive from Warner Bros. called me and said, 'We'd like for you to develop something for you.' And I'm nothing, if not susceptible to flattery and nice things, so I just wrote my life and when it was done, I thought, 'This is very fun. I know people would watch this.' It felt like the timing was right."

Viewers can look forward to at least one celebrity friend making an appearance - Larry David, of  "Curb Your Enthusiasm" fame.

"I called Larry and I said, 'I'm sure you're not going to want to do this, but we wrote this part for you and you gotta do it,' " Reiser said. "And he was so gracious and he said, 'Here' s the thing, I don't like to memorize scripts so we'll improvise it.' And I said, 'Done, let's do that.' And then I got very nervous to be honest because he's brilliant and he's developed that art form."

Click here to read the full interview.

1. Reisebüro Falkensee

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He used to be entirely right. This publish truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

April 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. reiser remembered

It'll depend on his supporting cast. Reiser is funny. Mad About You was a great show "for it's time". Hopefully, it goes better for him than Tony Danza's "Teach". (Also a good show). Seems like the networks are trying to target the 40+ audience lately.

April 11, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. HA HA HA

Go to HELL funny boy.

April 8, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Marty

He was good in Aliens and the Beverley Hills Cop movies with Eddie Murphy – well the first one. As for comedy, I never thought of Paul as a comic – just an actor who reads comic lines written by comics. Let's see what he can do, if his show is a success then good luck to him. Larry David, for me, is about as funny as pig farming in Israel. I know he had a lot to do with Seinfeld, but that other show he did was a complete waste of film. he's not at all funny, not even accidentally.

April 8, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cats Eyes

As long as its not one of those cheesy sitcoms. Didnt like Mad About You. But this may be different. Oh I hope Larry David only makes 1 appearance. Larry isnt funny at all.

April 7, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Head Diva In Charge

@Ok, because you are the real head diva posting as OK I will tell you the reason. You posted nasty comments about people from NJ because you watch the NJ Shore and make nasty comments . You are a c/nt because not everyone from NJ IS LIKE B**TH. Not only did I highjacked your name I stole it.

April 7, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mushroom Stamper

Wow what happened to him? he looks like the underside of my s@ck.

April 7, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jerkin

@TEACHER, I must concur with your excellent observation. This man is obviously a connoisseur of doo doos. His wee wee touching has gotten out of hand.

April 7, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tonysgirl

I don't know what some of you people are talking about. Wake up! Paul is a great comedian, and he's right, even if he was joking. America does need him. We need humor to get through all the hard times we are having, and everything this world is going through. Glad to see you back, Mr. Reiser! Good luck to you, and I love your work!

April 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T

children on here. the man is a genius...have you done anything he has done? no.

the thing about my folks was awesome

April 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. OK

Seems to be 2 different heads in here.... I can't click on the second one though. How come?

April 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @Head Diva

I bet a whirl is what you need alright

April 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Head Diva In Charge - EL

I always thought he was pretty good on sitcoms. I may give it a whirl.

April 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Superhiro

I liked him in Aliens, but that's it. Plus Larry David is garbage.

April 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. RedTheBum

I thought he was dead. Or maybe just hoped.

April 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. TEACHER

NO WAY JOSE. He is a doooodie eater par excellence. Plus he likes to play with him some weeeeenies ! His nickname is good old diareahface ! l

April 7, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SmarterthanU

Welcome back. Class act comedian and actor!

April 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |