'Idol' Top 9 learns fate tonight
April 7th, 2011

'Idol' Top 9 learns fate tonight

Want my prediction for who is going home tonight on "American Idol?"

Well, I'm not even going to go there.

This season is just too close to call. I'll risk the wrath of the Idol-ators and say I do believe this season has some of the most talented contestants ever.

I will say that I believe the two folks pictured above will probably be in the bottom three tonight. Paul because I don't think the viewers exactly get him.

Jacob because, not only did he perform first, but he said that if he ends up in the bottom three, it will be because America hadn't "looked in the mirror" after his rendition of  "Man in the Mirror." That may have been perceived as arrogant by the viewers and "Idol" fans do not dig that.

Who are your picks for the bottom group? And don't forget to join me here tonight as I live blog the results show.

1. Sunshine Girl

Voting system is very flawed. Cant believe Pia was voted off. I think the judges should have at least 50% of the voting. Seems that would be much more fair. We all knew someone had to go, but it shouldve been one of the less talented of the bunch. like Haley/Paul/Stephano. Anyone of them really shouldve been the one voted off. This system now is totally rigged.

April 8, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. idol junkie

im gonna go sit in my running car in the garage with the door closed.

April 8, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dee bagger

eat the bullet. hang yourself. eat rat poison. od on sleeping pills. jump off something really high. take a nap in the middle of a freeway. challange a cop to a shootout. fall on a sword. just do it.

April 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dee bagger

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it dooooooooooooooo itttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. idol junkie

you know what dee, i think you might be right. how did i ever let my life get so sad that i could actually care about this stupid show. i may just kill myself now.

April 8, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dee bagger

please please please kill yourselves...

April 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jonz

It makes you wonder if the judges are kicking themselves right now for using their only save of the season, earlier to keep Casey. Pia had the total package, but if she didn't have voting parties set up then the results were not in her favor.

April 8, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. Carry

I'll never watch this show again either. What a loss in Pia. A pity. Shame on the system.

April 8, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. dan

IF there is no exception on last night's voting.......you may as well cancel this show. Pia was, is and will remain the best. Shame on you America, voters, and American Idol for standing up for what you know is the right thing to do.

April 8, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. chris

Been watching American Idol since the beginning. After tonight, I will never watch this show again. It's a joke! Such beautiful talent voted off? I can only cry with everyone else. What's wrong with this picture? When the judges are shocked and saddened, me as a voting fan is shocked and saddened and TV fans of this show must feel the same. If there is not an exception made for Pia, then no way will American Idol ever be viewed by any of us. Good luck American 'cuz you screwed up!!

April 8, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. lana

I felt that the judges used the "WILD CARD" TOO soon, but why should they listen to the viewers? Sorry, Casey should have gone home and not been saved by the "WILD CARD", JLo the "WILD CARD", bit you in the conwhodas.

April 8, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  12. lana

lana here, i wrote it in past post that PIA WOULD GO HOME, JLo said it week after week honey you need to bring out your cha cha, and PIA just did not listen, PIA sorry we wanna ROCK MOVE MOTOWN ALTNATOR you never found your GROVE, Best Wishes and take American Idol as al learning experience. Pia you made the Tour American Idol, so be happy & go strong.

April 8, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. Emanuel

Relax! This is not the end of the world.

April 8, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. rue

Pia...beautiful voice..beauuuliful inside out...I don't care about what anybody else think....and yes, that's why you gotta vote

April 7, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. madhater

They all sucked! Cancel this snorefest and bring us entertainment! How about midget chainsaw juggling? Anything but more AI. Simon left before the FAIL!

April 7, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Anonymous

They need to change the voting rules...vote for the person who should go home. More agreement on that from America...they won't tho, due to the pussification of America ..we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...

April 7, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. daRook

I totally and absolutely am shocked that Pia is gone. She is the total package – voice & looks and a charisma that none of the others have. Why is Stephano still there?? Was there a social network plan to eliminate her? I sincerely hope she gets a multi-million dollar contract immediatley. She desrves it. I WILL NOT WATCH AMERICAN IDOL ANY LONGER AS IT IS A TOTAL FAILURE AND A TOTAL FARCE!!

April 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Cats Eyes

OMG! Now weve got another wk of that dog in heat growling cross eyed b!tch. Haley shouldve been the one eliminated. I guess that fake coyness/wh*rish/wanna be s*xpot act mustve worked on someone. B/c Ill tell you shes not making it on her singing abilities alone. You guys will fall for anything.

April 7, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kay/Kay/Kay All The Way

CANNOT BELIEVE THEY PICKED STEPHANO OVER PIA. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. WHATS WRONG W/ALL YOU VOTERS? PIA SHOULD NOT HAVE WENT HOME. THIS CONTEST IS ABOUT SINGING. NOT HOW YOU LOOK/DANCE. SINGING ONLY. AND THAT BEING SAID SHE IS A WAY BETTER SINGER THAN MOST WHO WERE SAVED. IM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE RESULTS.

April 7, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  20. OMG

All you voters out there...would you like to borrow some qtips? I mean so you can clean out your ears. Obviously you cant hear well...Haley shouldve been the one voted off. From the looks of the judges they agreed.

April 7, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  21. SMURPH

PIA gone???????????? Maybe (just maybe) I'll try next year. This year is DONE

April 7, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kay/Kay/Kay All The Way

Cannot believe they picked Paul over Pia / and Haley over Jacob. You shouldve seen the expressions of the judges faces when the announcement was made. I felt the same way.Jacobs egotistical/arrogant comment fron last night probably hurt him w/his fans. Haley sucks. Cant stand her. Pia is way better than Paul x 100. Of the bottom 3 I hope Stephano goes home. Dont like him either. Very surprising tallying of the votes.

April 7, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Blfstman

What a disgrace that Pia should be voted off!!! I blame the judges who are much too cowardly to be honest with talentless performers. Every one of them bends at the knees when they need to be honest and firm. Simon, where are you??? You may have been hard on contestants but at least you were right on track. I don't believe that this show is worth watching any further.

April 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Salad

HEY!!!!! I am so shocked that Pia was let go tonight! What's wrong with America people??!! Pia posesses a rich, classy and refined singing voice – it doesn't get better than that. Pia couldn't hit a wrong note if she tried. In fact, her singing voice is far better than a lot of singers out there. She was born with a gift and I was mesmerized every time she sang. What an injustice. I definitely believe Stefano should have gone and, I'm sorry, I'm tired of Jacob Lusk – great voice, but been there done that. The other 2 women that had strong, impeccable and refined singing voices were Thia and Karen Rodriquez – talent like that is hard to find!!
    Pia, you will be missed – you are still the best!!!!

April 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Republican Shame

Pia Toscano goes home? the best singer on this show hands down, she's just incredible, wow, I have said a few times before because of the half baked voting format and judges on this sham talent show I'm not watching it again, this time is for real. I will never, ever, watch American Idol again, done, over, the end.

April 7, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  26. EL DIABLO BUENO

Yeah. Im not watching it anymore this season. It is a sucky fake show. PIa getting voted off proves it. Just a sucky show.

April 7, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Frank N. Stein

Sucks. Cancel this crap. let's get some real shows back on the box.

April 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  28. halfempty

James wants 2 b adam lambert and there can only b 1 lambert!

April 7, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Stella Pearl

Jacob goes home though it should be scotty.

April 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Connor

Ppaul should go home and James will win American Idol. This season they picked good singers.

April 7, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Tonysgirl

Oh...I forgot about Casey. He's alright. But I'm just not sure about him, either.

April 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Tonysgirl

I think Lauren and Scotty will be the top 2.
    I get really irritated that James has to 'scream' in every single song. That's just stupid.
    Jacob is alright, but he sounds the same in every song too.
    Haley & Pia...I just don't know about either of them. I could care less if they both go.
    I'm not a fan of Stephano at all. He was awful last night.
    Bottom line...I think Paul should go home. Not only does he sound the same too, but his version of "Folsom Prison Blues" was just him, well.....all he did was yell the lyrics. I didn't hear any singing. Same with Haley, last night.
    Scotty & Lauren all the way!
    Just my opinion!

April 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Marquita

They were all pretty good. I don't like Paul 's voice, either. But, I think he did a good job getting the crowd into his song last night ,so he probably will stay. I think Stephano needs some polish. He reverted back to his old habit of singing with his eyes closed most of the time which makes it hard to connect with him, and, he just seemed too forced to me. Haley screamed the whole song. It would have been nice to see her build it up more. She was much better last week.

April 7, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Kay/Kay/Kay All The Way

James is #1. Casey is #2. Dont like Stephano or Paul at all. Scott is great. Jacob is always straining too much. Gonna pop a vein in his head. Pia is #1 girl. Lauren is boring. Haley has too much fakeness about her. I wish to God shed quit that dog growling. Thats so annoying. Hope she goes home tonite. Judges are great. I wish Steven would perform. That would be great.

April 7, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Sunshine Girl

I hope its Haley that goes home. I cannot stand that girl for some reason. I havent liked her from the begining. I think Pia is the only girl whos gonna make it to the top 5. Lauren isnt that good either. James is the best of the guys. Casey a close 2nd. Scotty will make it no matter what happens. Dont like Stephano at all. Paul is a good singer. Just boring. Jacob not getting any better. Dont think hell make it much longer. Wish theyd give the contestants more of a chance to be themselves. But AI is great.

April 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Cindy

Paul sounds like a cross between Rod Stewart and Minnie Mouse...he's terrible and I just don't "get" Jacob.

April 7, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Kirby

Paul and Jacob were both terrible. I was hoping Paul would have gone last week. I for sure don't "get" him. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

April 7, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • lana

DIDO DIDDO DIDODIDO & SEND HOME THAT GUY, WHAT'S HIS NAME? THE GUY THE JUDGES SAVED????????

April 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |