Is Meredith Vieira following in Couric's footsteps?
April 6th, 2011

Is Meredith Vieira following in Couric's footsteps?

Might the seat next to Matt Lauer soon be filled by another?

There's lots of speculation that Meredith Vieira plans to leave the "Today" show when her contract is fulfilled at the end of the year. A statement CNN received from NBC doesn't exactly squash the rumors.

โ€œThe 'Today' show anchors are currently under contract and firmly in place," the statement said.

A former co-host on "The View," Vieira came to "Today" following the exit of Katie, Couric who departed the show after 15 years to begin anchoring the "CBS Evening News."

Now it appears that Vieira may once again be following the path of Couric, who reportedly may be leaving CBS after her contract expires in June to pursue a daytime talk show.

Vieira's contract as co-anchor of "Today" is reportedly up in September.

1. I'msurroundedbyIDIOTS

Meredith is a great person and a pleasant change in the hosting of the Today Show. I think she would be great in the News Chair but I think Ann Curry would much better at it. She's more polished and would be great in this spot.

Any man who thinks this anchor position is best held by a D_ _ __head is really a DH.

April 28, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. Matt

Please get rid of Meredith–she doesn't know when to shut up, she just tries to one-up everyone else and she has no sense of humor (only slightly better than Anne Curry who has none). And please don't replace her with Anne Curry because she'll cry at the drop of a hat and just pities anybody, my cat could scare her!

April 11, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. jig-a....

ig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Whazzzz up. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo

April 8, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kate

That's a shame, she is the only one with any class on that show. Matt and Al act like juveniles always berating her – queue bullying segment – and Anne couldn't interview her way out of a paper bag.

April 6, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Maureen

Good riddance – I've never liked her... and Hoda can go too – arrogant, self-centered, self-important, etc. It's very clear why her husband dumped her...

April 6, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Duni

Let Ann take the lead, I could never take Meredith seriously. Ann has been taking over whenever Meredith was on vacation, and let me tell ya... when she spoke I believed her.
    Plus she can take a joke better then Meredith and Matt seems like he is always picking on her and she can't take it. So give it to Ann. I don't know if they are afraid of having an Asian lady at the front, but it would be nice.

April 6, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mel

good.. then let Ann take over her spot. ๐Ÿ™‚

April 6, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. sunless

get to that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

April 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kirstie is a real heavyweight

OH NO...not another dysfunctional enabling idiot newscaster. I think the miserable little troll Couric was enough. Women have no business behind a news desk.

April 6, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Head Diva In Charge

Oprah? Oprah could do it...? Oprah would be to much to take before morning coffee. EL

April 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Yvonne

GOOD BYE!!! dont let the door hit you on your way out. Never cared for her and never will. You can get rid of stupid Kathy Lee Gifford, OMG did you guys make a mistake on that one. So annoying.

April 6, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LBW

She is my favorite part of the Today Show and I hate that she will leave. I understand that her husband is ill, but I really liked her on a show that I start my morning with. She and Mat work together quite well. She is quick witted and articulate. I wish her well.

April 6, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |