Gwen: Unlike Gaga and Rihanna, I wear pants
April 6th, 2011

Gwen: Unlike Gaga and Rihanna, I wear pants

With their powerhouse vocals, quirky personalities and commanding stage presence, it's no surprise that Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry have been compared to Gwen Stefani. But the No Doubt singer believes she has  little in common with the trio.

"I don’t see myself in those girls. I usually put pants on," she tells the May issue of Elle magazine. "I see these girls as more going for the sex-symbol thing. I was more, in the band, like a tomboy. Of course, I think every girl is sexy, so there’s going to be a little of that. But I see a lot of younger artists going more toward the sexy thing.”

That's not to say Stefani doesn't pay attention to her appearance.

"I’m very vain," she admits. "That would be my middle name. Of course I am, you know what I mean? I love the visual."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Katy Perry • Music • Rihanna

1. philip

This two are incomparable.the former is more fantatic than d latter.

April 14, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. tech

ok all you pguys on here have your own opinions, but lets talk facts now katy perry has two albums and had sold more than Gwen two solo albums... yes Gwen had a diamond album with the group but we are just talking about them being solo.....now Rihanna with just good Girl Gone Bad aolne sold more than Gwen reaching 8mil.....Now Lady G.....she has sold 10 Mil plus which is diamond one her first album with no help and you guys are really saying that has more star power get outta here....And to top it off all 3 of these ladies have more number ones than Gwen does even with her group...... and to top if off Gwen was one of the first female artist to open her mouth about not wearing pants but if you take a look at Holla Back Girl she had on a leotard

April 13, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JAC3

Just make them both sing acapella. Gwen has a wayyyy better voice than GAGA. gaga has nada goin for her with her voice.

April 7, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. Head Diva In Charge - EL

She was really the original. Her sense of style also appeals to more then just her.

April 7, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. lame duck

They all SUCK!

April 7, 2011 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. riridqueen

I don't know why a lot of people here are criticising GAGA RIHANNA and KATY PERRY ( I adore them especially RIRI).
    Gwen Stefani is the neing rude here. I love Gwen's music and her career is brilliant and so is gaga's rihanna's and katy's. So pls shut the f*** up all of them are gr8 ARTISTS.

April 7, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. Bre bre

U people r utterly sorry white trash

April 7, 2011 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. ChiltepinRN

Yep! urinal! came outta an egg cuz he got two of em hisself.

April 7, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. lois lane

Gwen has more talent/beauty/poise ect. in her little toe, than all 3 of them ever will in their entire life.

April 7, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. Holland

Just my opinion but Gaga sucks!! Gwen rocks!! Like her!

April 7, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Bill & Ted

Lady Gaga $ucks! wake up America! Gwen is cool.

April 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Gaga

GWEN MIGHT WEAR THE PANTS, BUT I HAVE A PEN!S AND I AM NOT TALENTED ENOUGH TO MAKE MY OWN MUSIC....THAT'S WHY I STEAL MUSIC FROM MADONNA AND CALL IT MY OWN.
    I HAVE TO GO AND USE THE URINAL NOW....
    LADY(?)GAGA.

April 6, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. leelow

i think all of them stink

April 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. xfm

Stefani still has the best breakup song of the 2000's. ("Cool") Nuff said

April 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. B!tch Just Jealous

All 3 ladies had accomplished more than she has – LOL.

April 6, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. itsame

@sunshine girl

April 6, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. itsame

im not a huge fan of GS but shes got wayyy more talent than riri, katy perry and lady gaga combined. Hell just her work with no doubt is enough to say that, nevermind her mega success afterwards, the clothing company and two solo albums are just affirmations to that..

April 6, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sunshine Girl

Cannot even compare Gwen to any of those other 3! America on takes intrest in Gaga b/c she is so weird. Rhianna gets attention b/c she is a so called victim. Katy is fairly new compared. But Gwens music, alone, and with No Doubt, is 100 x better than those 3 could ever dream to be.

April 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. THE LEPPS

HEY JUSTIN.I GOT YOUR GAGA LETS HOOK UP. LETS SET A DATE.

April 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. YOUBRO

@ JUSTIN... YOUR GAY ARENT YOU. YOU HAVE QUITE THE VAST KNOWLEDGE OF GAGA'S MUSIC. IM GONNA HOOK YOU UP WITH MY FRIEND THE LEPPS.

April 6, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Hilary Laholt

The stars these day are usually half naked on the stage. There are really only a select few that don't show it all. Hilary Duff is an excellent example. Lady GaGa is the worst @ keeping her clothes on. Lady GaGa has certainly not even come close 2 accomplishing more then Gwen Stefani! That's a joke! Yeah Lady Gaga has good songs, but she's mainly known 4 the stupid outfits she calls "fashion". I don't care what she says dressing her outfits are just bizarre!

-Hilary Laholt

April 6, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. whateva!

Gaga can't even be taken seriously. Might make money, but it's only because America is attracted to the 'outrageous' and dramatic life.

April 6, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. jay

Gaga is only famous for being kooky, and trust me, she has NOT done more than Gwen lol Another delusional little monster ..................

April 6, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. justin

Gaga being compared to Stefani??? seriously??? Give me a break.. lady gaga has been around for 3 years and has done more than Gwen has in her entire pathetic career........ pfft. Pants or No pants..

April 6, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Superhiro

"I don't know what a holler back girl is... I just know I want her dead" Lol, jk. Love that quote. Seriously though, I'd take Stefani over Gaga, Perry and Rihanna anyday.

April 6, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |