Charlie Sheen show a success in Cleveland
April 6th, 2011

Charlie Sheen show a success in Cleveland

Maybe it really was Detroit.

Charlie Sheen's 20-city tour rolled through Cleveland, Ohio, Tuesday night where many fans embraced the actor's stage show, according to CNN Cleveland affiliate WJW.

"It was interesting," attendee  Steve Novak told the television station. "It took my mind off my everyday troubles. Made me think that even someone like him with tons of money and famous friends can have problems."

Sheen received a standing ovation from the crowd after he took to the Playhouse Square stage wearing a Cleveland Indians baseball jersey, People reported.

The actor portrayed a Cleveland Indians player in the film Major League and, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Sheen drew applause and cheers when he told the audience he wants to film "Major League 3" in their city.

CNN iReporter Reginald Bradshaw happened upon Sheen while he met with fans at the Ritz Carlton before the show.

"He was walking back into the hotel, I was walking towards the ATM and happened to see a bunch of fans coming up to him so I shot a video," Bradshaw said. "They were pretty excited to see him, they were surprised."

Sheen's My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option tour was not as warmly received on its opening night in Detroit.

He fared better at his next stop in Chicago, where he received a standing ovation. Like at the show in Chicago, the audience in Cleveland reportedly chanted "Detroit sucks."

1. Tif

No one can knock Charlie's hustle. He is definitely making his nutty personality work for him! #noshadehere.

April 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. adsnads.com

Is he winning or losing ?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEXNSYSj4X0&w=640&h=390]

April 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. amazedbeyondbelief

"It was interesting," attendee Steve Novak told the television station. "It took my mind off my everyday troubles. Made me think that even someone like him with tons of money and famous friends can have problems."

Amazing. Does this gentleman get a thrill whenever he sees a child in a wheelchair or an amputee? How nice to be reminded that someone has it worse. I suspect this is an example of the general mentality of Charlie Sheen's audience.

April 6, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. romancaesar

CHARLIE Sheen is right on!! Go Charlie........................!!

You are WINNING!!

April 6, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CS

Fastball: Seriously, there are too many n!ggers in Detroit...but they do make some quality crack.

April 6, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. doug

Does anyone remember the movie "Network"? This is what this train wreck reminds me off. Charlie is Howard Beale, the mad prophet, and Live Nation is the avaricious network, making money off the mentally ill, and the sick public eats it up. Like that movie, I don't see a happy ending here either. Keep enabling people. As Skynard says, "Oooh, that smell".

April 6, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. @Head Diva

gosh stop posting! you are an idiot!

April 6, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TJ

Charle Sheen talking/voice , reminds me of the 1957 movie "A face in the crowd" with Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal. I didn't care for that movie and I now don't care for Charle Sheen.

April 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. sunless

better get this http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

April 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. TorpedoOfHalfTruths

Looks like LeBron made the right call in deciding to leave.

April 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Head Diva In Charge

I will say, whoever his manager is, he/she is doing a fabulous job. They sure knew how to take a career ending stunt and spin it.

April 6, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. schufly

Looks like ol' Charlie has become a media wizard, a Hollywood powerhouse, a gift from God. Let's see If this cracksmoker can keep it up. I noticed that he hasn't tried to copywrite the phrase "Dude, I already have your money". Wonder how that could have skipped his wizard like mind.

April 6, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Warlocks suck

Why does this continue to make headlines, its just a tour. STOP FOLLOWING THIS DWEEB

April 6, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Head Diva In Charge

I LOVE CHARLIE SHEEN!!!! I would like to go see him! He is more man than half the men out there.

April 6, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • taylynn

Yeah! He's living his theme song and sounds great singing it! Check it out http://soundcloud.com/reggiev/champion

April 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dd

Nice try, idiot. Sheen would NEVER say that. You are the toll, obvioulsly.

April 6, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |