'American Idol' Top 9 tonight
April 6th, 2011

'American Idol' Top 9 tonight

It's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame night on "Idol."

That should bode well for our resident rocker, James Durbin, but let's see how our remaining Top 9 do with the classics.

Is it just me, or are these "Idol" weeks flying by? Seems like only yesterday we were back at the Hollywood auditions.

Anywhoo, the contestants are dwindling, and now that everyone has made it onto the tour, you wonder if they will still have that fire?

One person who won't be there to find out is Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jeff Beck.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the guitarist was scheduled to accompany the finalists in their performances, but was unable to travel for enough rehearsals prior to Wednesday night's performance show.

"He didn’t feel it was fair to them to not be as prepared as he needed to be," his publicist told the Star Tribune in an e-mail.

1. ceai verde

Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very nice post.

April 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lee

PIA GONE I am done with this show. My wife suspected that the viewers were anti female and I suspect the viewers are anti black. This shows direction is the same as dancing with the stars where a no talent Bristol Palin could get that far. I am finished watching this show

April 8, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Lala

What the hell Pia should not loose do the math and figure things out

April 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. norma longoria

Without insulting anyone on Idol, our Scotty has the most FB followers and most votes. Do the math people.

April 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Republican Shame

Scotty McCreepy, Scotty McDreary, Scotty Mc blech!! he stinks pretty bad. No range, no versatility, no wardrobe, no look, no moves = NO TALENT, he stinks.

April 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Haney

I thought it was a great night for all of the contestants, I hate to see any of them go at this point they are all talented in their own arenas. The best vocals in my humble opinion go to Pia, but she does need to work on her stage presence. Scotty and Paul surprised me the most, in a good way, I loved their performances. I also liked James very much it was touching. Jacob, Lauren & Stefano did good, but I wasn't flying off my seat but still they are talented singers, no doubt. Casey & Haley did great too.

April 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  6. JanisJ

I have to say they all did great last night. Even my two least favorites (Jacob &Pia) did better than usual. But, seriously Pia is NOT an entertainer. She may have the voice but she has zero personality or stage presence. Jacob finally moved out of his 'spiritual' zone and was actually quite good. Didn't care for his remarks though. Haley, Paul, Casey, and Scotty were all AMAZING. James showed a different side of him, one I liked. Lauren was just so-so tonight. Poor Stefano has peaked and isn't getting any better.
    My pick for bottom three? Pia, Jacob, Stefano. With Maybe Lauren as a wild card. Stefano should be the one saying "Goodbye" tonight.
    As always IMHO.

April 7, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. PK

I feel that most watchers vote for a person more because of the type of music they're singing. not for the quality of their voice. I hear comments like "he/she sounds just like.....". I do not like copy cats. I prefer originality. I hate Rock and Roll and absolutly can't stand country. The person I chose on this show and have loved from the beginning is......SCOTTY! He has a GREAT voice with a fantastic range. You feel what he is singing and he is not another______! I hope people see those qualities and choose him for them/. If he makes an album, I'll be the first in line for one!

April 7, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. www.monogrammedeverything.com

Love this season!

April 7, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. Susan

James is so very talented!! Love it when a rocker can sing a ballad or a softer song.

April 7, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. Fender

@ Jeff Beck,I heard you were supposed to play guitar for these wannabes..I'm glad you came to your senses.Imagine a twice rock&roll hall of fame inductee on Idol... .

April 7, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. lois lane

MJ isnt even close to rock. Neither were 1/2 the songs that were sang tonite. Come on....we want some real rock n roll.

April 7, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jeff Beck

April Fools... .

April 7, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bill & Ted

No. Just no. Can't do it. AI bites and needs to go!

April 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Chrissy

I love jacob but serious Michael Jackson may be in the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame but he isn't rock.

April 6, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sunshine Girl

YEAH! Rock n roller night. Im sure James/Casey will do great. They are 2 of my favorites. Cant imagine Scott doing it, but who knows? He may just surprise everyone. I hate that I have to go thru another night of Haley and that dog in heat growling. Send her home already! Itll be very interesting to see how it all turns out. Love AI. Keep rocking on.

April 6, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |